PDA

View Full Version : Rubio now leads the league in assists and steals totals

blacknapalm
01-31-2012, 04:52 AM
yep, the euro 'bust' now has more assists and steals than anyone else in the league.

sure, rondo, nash and cp3 have missed games but it still holds true...

and yes, i know he's been shooting like 32% or something the past month but the guy just has a way of making plays

now, my question, will he finish top 3 in both categories by season's end?

32Dayz
01-31-2012, 04:55 AM
Big Rubio fan here.
So much potential.

He has excellent form on his jumper and could turn into a stockton type shooter/player if he works hard.

:applause:

DRose1899
01-31-2012, 04:57 AM
My goodness, and I thought Kyrie is the clear cut for ROY.

I.R.Beast
01-31-2012, 05:01 AM
he still is clear cut for ROY....rubio is too horrendous on offense to be ROY

Miserio
01-31-2012, 05:07 AM
***** please...

blacknapalm
01-31-2012, 05:16 AM

my pick is irving too but it's not so clear cut. c'mon man, he shoots poorly but it's not like he shot jacks and takes wild shots that take his team out of the game. he makes good decisions and is less TO prone than irving. it's not clear cut at all. you sound like a fool. they're both in a tight race. lebron was clear cut. b-roy was clear cut. rose was clear cut. griffin was clear cut

blacknapalm
01-31-2012, 05:17 AM

my pick is irving too but it's not so clear cut. c'mon man, he shoots poorly but it's not like he shot jacks and takes wild shots that take his team out of the game. he makes good decisions and is less TO prone than irving. it's not clear cut at all. they're both in a tight race. lebron was clear cut. b-roy was clear cut. rose was clear cut. griffin was clear cut

I.R.Beast
01-31-2012, 05:20 AM
my pick is irving too but it's not so clear cut. c'mon man, he shoots poorly but it's not like he shot jacks and takes wild shots that take his team out of the game. he makes good decisions and is less TO prone than irving. it's not clear cut at all. you sound like a fool. they're both in a tight race. lebron was clear cut. b-roy was clear cut. rose was clear cut. griffin was clear cut

It's clear cut....Kyrie is hands down Rookie of the year. 11 point 9 assists 3.3 turnovers on 37% from the field aint ROY production i am sorry

32Dayz
01-31-2012, 05:22 AM
It's clear cut....Kyrie is hands down Rookie of the year. 11 point 9 assists 3.3 turnovers on 37% from the field aint ROY production i am sorry

Nah... its close between him and Rubio.

Personally I think Rubio has been more impactful so far this season and is in the lead for the ROY award.

I.R.Beast
01-31-2012, 05:24 AM

Personally I think Rubio has been more impactful so far this season and is in the lead for the ROY award.

It's not close at all... the Wolves are losing more than winning and have easily a more talented team than the cavs.

blacknapalm
01-31-2012, 05:30 AM
It's not close at all... the Wolves are losing more than winning and have easily a more talented team than the cavs.

who the hell predicted the wolves to be a winning team this season? they had 15 wins all of last season :hammerhead:

they have 10 wins now...in large part because of an improving love and the additions of adelman and rubio

I.R.Beast
01-31-2012, 05:36 AM
who the hell predicted the wolves to be a winning team this season? they had 15 wins all of last season :hammerhead:

they have 10 wins now...in large part because of an improving love and the additions of adelman and rubio

Kyrie Irving hands down.....lmao 37% from the field....

brisbaneman
01-31-2012, 05:41 AM
Now see if Rubio were black he'd be called a great defender...but since he's white he merely "gambles" on defense.

blacknapalm
01-31-2012, 06:04 AM

j kidd shot 38.5% from the field his rookie year and averaged less assists/steals while also being a worse FT shooter. pretty sure he was ROY. you clearly have no argument so you just say...derp derp...37%...derp

Zenji
01-31-2012, 06:26 AM
Rubio > Irving

Qwertyazerty
01-31-2012, 07:02 AM

Well, I m a big Rubio fan and I still think Irving is actually leading the ROY race. But saying Rubio is horrendous on offense is limiting offense to scoring. Rubio is helping ALL his team mates to be better scorers and that has a big impact on Wolves offense. Yesterday's the third quarter was incredible for Wolves offense (42 pts I think) and Rubio had a big part of responsability.

sodap
01-31-2012, 07:10 AM
j kidd shot 38.5% from the field his rookie year and averaged less assists/steals while also being a worse FT shooter. pretty sure he was ROY. you clearly have no argument so you just say...derp derp...37%...derp

and doesnt even mention his 4.7 rebonds and 2.2 steals per game. 18/11/8 game last night. doesnt even mention how he takes 3 or 4 charges a game, and doesnt mention how he ALWAYS has the best +/- on his team. the wolves score much more and concede much less points when he's on the court. his impact on the team is huge.

also, if rubio had better teammates he could be averaging 11 or 12 assists a game easily, if you'd watch the games, you would see how the teammates brick open shots or arent ready to catch some of his ridiculous passes all the time.

what rubio has, cant be taught. what he hasn't, can, at least to a good extent, enough to make him a reliable FT shooter and elevate his scoring to 15-20ppg, because he already knows how to choose and create his shoots.

RonArtestsBalls
01-31-2012, 07:15 AM
Read about Rubio years and years ago in old slam magazines when he was a 13 year old phenom, but as I don't follow euroleague at all (did read though that he wasn't exactly putting up jaw dropping numbers over there), this year is the first time i've seen him play.

I've tuned in to about 10 Wolves games on leaguepass this year and I've gotta say that I am impressed.

His shooting may be a little off of late, but he has hit some big shots in the games i've seen and is pretty much money at the stripe.

His court vision is second to none, and that's what is most impressive. It's not just his passing, it's his vision. In that regard, he has a hell of a lot of Jason Kidd and Nash in him, he uses angles to perfection and the majority of his passes, even the cross court bail out variety, land dead on target.

He also has the "wow" factor. Not that this is a winning attribute, he just creates excitement and has brought a lot of buzz and happiness to a likeable franchise that has been treading water since KG departed.

If he can start to score the ball with a little more efficiency he will have an extremely long and stellar career.

Even if he doesn't get better with his scoring, his on court presence is still enough for him to have a solid career.

He could be great, and I'm tipping he will be.

swi7ch
01-31-2012, 08:33 AM
F*ck, he really is the second coming of Steve Nash! :bowdown:

SpecialQue
01-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Inb4 Euroleague f@gs this thread up.

rhythmic
01-31-2012, 09:20 AM
I seen him play against the Lakers; he had a bad game (I suppose) but he looked terrible. Guy isn't a point guard who can take over games scoring wise, yet.

I like Kyrie way more so far...

bagelred
01-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn?

ILLsmak
01-31-2012, 09:26 AM
I think the NBA wants to market Rubio.

There's a lot to gain if he performs well. He might win ROY.

-Smak

East_Stone_Ya
01-31-2012, 09:28 AM
F*ck, he really is the second coming of Steve Nash! :bowdown:

nope because when Nash was a rookie he was known for his deadly shooting and not for his passing..with Rubio it seems to be the opposite

DukeDelonte13
01-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Kryie... Rubio... both have their own styles. Kyrie has shown with a fraction of the professional experience Rubio has that he can already take over games, and will his team to wins. Very impressive.

Asukal
01-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Hmmm Rubio has a legit chance to win ROY if he keeps playing at a high level. Need more consistency on scoring but everything else is great. Good luck to him! :cheers:

DaHeezy
01-31-2012, 10:34 AM

If 37% is your only argument against Rubio then you've got a lot to learn.
A player who can control the floor and a game changer with passing is truly something unique and ROY worthy.
Irving is a prototype of every little man the NCAA is pumping out. He's great but nothing special.
You know which other PG shot poorly his rookie year, and his whole career for that matter? Isiah Thomas. Rubio has potential to be this type of player

Teanett
01-31-2012, 10:48 AM
rubio's numbers are very similar to j-kidd's rookie year.
maybe it'll be co-roy like kidd and grant hill.

hawksdogsbraves
01-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Definitely a tight race, I'd give the edge to Irving right now because he's clearly the best player on that team and is carrying them to wins, while Rubio is clearly the second best player on his team despite the fact that he's playing great. It'll be a great race between two really good young guards though.

MK2V1GP
01-31-2012, 11:31 AM

This kid is remedial. Don't listen to him. Straight Rubio hater.

The_Yearning
01-31-2012, 11:31 AM

Who the hell is Kyrie?

MK2V1GP
01-31-2012, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

FireDavidKahn
01-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Now see if Rubio were black he'd be called a great defender...but since he's white he merely "gambles" on defense.
The funny thing is that our defense is 10.2 points better than he is off the court than when he is off. The people that say he cant play defense don't even watch him play.

MK2V1GP
01-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Ricky Rubio +/- +101

Irving +/- -36

La Frescobaldi
01-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Inb4 Euroleague f@gs this thread up.

Actually I was wondering where euroleague is.

He predicted Rubio would destroy the NBA in this exact forum about a month ago - - and was shouted down by almost unanimous decision.

The only guys that said anything different were saying "let's wait and see."
Which is usually pretty wise when it comes to the NBA.

I got no idea of the history on this board, but that is interesting, given the fact that in many responses to euroleague's posts I see the word 'troll'. I have no idea where he is from, but to me his writing style is a bit stilted, as if English is not his first language. Like he's from Europe.

From the little I've seen, euroleague seems to consistently say Rubio will do fine because the NBA doesn't play defense, the NBA rules are bad for the game, and so forth.... maybe that poster has been watching Euroleague games while nobody was looking?

La Frescobaldi
01-31-2012, 11:55 AM
The funny thing is that our defense is 10.2 points better than he is ON the court than when he is off. The people that say he cant play defense don't even watch him play.
fix?

FireDavidKahn
01-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Actually I was wondering where euroleague is.

He predicted Rubio would destroy the NBA in this exact forum about a month ago - - and was shouted down by almost unanimous decision.

The only guys that said anything different were saying "let's wait and see."
Which is usually pretty wise when it comes to the NBA.

I got no idea of the history on this board, but that is interesting, given the fact that in many responses to euroleague's posts I see the word 'troll'. I have no idea where he is from, but to me his writing style is a bit stilted, as if English is not his first language. Like he's from Europe.

From the little I've seen, euroleague seems to consistently say Rubio will do fine because the NBA doesn't play defense, the NBA rules are bad for the game, and so forth.... maybe that poster has been watching Euroleague games while nobody was looking?
uhhh lol?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6781765&posted=1#post6781765

FireDavidKahn
01-31-2012, 12:10 PM
fix?
What?

Droid101
01-31-2012, 12:13 PM
His sub-par shooting doesn't take away all the other good he does. Just watch a few T-Wolves games guys. When he's on the floor, the Wolves are just better on both ends of the floor, period.

Last year, the Grizz were my favorite Non-Laker team... but this year, the Wolves have taken the title. I love them so much!

thatoneblackguy
01-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Got him on my fantasy team :rockon:

Darius
01-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Irving is very good and, by normal measures, should be leading but Rubio just has this special sauce that sets him apart and I think that will have a lot of impact for a media driven award.

La Frescobaldi
01-31-2012, 12:42 PM
uhhh lol?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6781765&posted=1#post6781765

my bad.......... the only guys who said something different were saying ' let's wait and see'..................... or they got Manic Wolves Rabies!!!!

DKLaker
01-31-2012, 01:26 PM
His sub-par shooting doesn't take away all the other good he does. Just watch a few T-Wolves games guys. When he's on the floor, the Wolves are just better on both ends of the floor, period.

Last year, the Grizz were my favorite Non-Laker team... but this year, the Wolves have taken the title. I love them so much!

His terrible shooting cost them the Lakers game....why did he take 12 shots???

He is playing better than I expected......but why hasn't this guy learned to shoot yet?

FireMcFailPlease
01-31-2012, 01:29 PM

He is playing better than I expected......but why hasn't this guy learned to shoot yet?
There were a couple 4-15s that cost us the game too...dont credit ricky for helpin the team come back and take the lead whem down 19 or anything

IGOTGAME
01-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Irving is very good and, by normal measures, should be leading but Rubio just has this special sauce that sets him apart and I think that will have a lot of impact for a media driven award.

I think the special sauce is that his impact on the floor goes way beyond numbers. Can't say the same thing about Kyrie, I could actually argue it is the opposite at times for him. That is why the race is close.

Everyone on the Timberwolves just plays harder because of Ricky, they all cut with a purpose because he can get them the ball and they trust he making the right decisions.

FireDavidKahn
01-31-2012, 01:43 PM

Ricky was hardly the reason we lost, in fact he was the reason we even went on the 22-4 run or whatever it was late in the game. No Rubio in the Lakers game = we lose by at least 15.

Droid101
01-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Ricky was hardly the reason we lost, in fact he was the reason we even went on the 22-4 run or whatever it was late in the game. No Rubio in the Lakers game = we lose by at least 15.
Yep. Look at these idiots checking out the box score only.

"They lost and Ricky was 2-12... MUST HAVE BEEN HIS FAULT"

Jan95
01-31-2012, 01:45 PM
The style of play really suits him well. He wasn`t half that successful in Europe.

ralph_i_el
01-31-2012, 01:46 PM

that's not considering rubio's defense. It's too early to call this race now

FireDavidKahn
01-31-2012, 01:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/36299/rubio-starting-to-give-t-wolves-success

Since Ricky Rubio entered the starting lineup, the Timberwolves are 7-4 compared to just 3-7 with Rubio coming off the bench. Much of the Timberwolves' success lately is due to Rubio's superb play down the stretch of games.

Rubio was nearly flawless in the second half of the win over the Rockets on Monday, totaling seven assists and just one turnover while shooting 4-of-6 from the field. For the game, Rubio had 18 points, 11 assists, eight rebounds and three turnovers while shooting 6-of-10 from the field and 2-of-3 from 3-point range. It was perhaps Rubio's most complete game of the season.

In the second half of the last three games, Rubio has 18 assists and just one turnover. In those three games, the Timberwolves are +26 in the second half, including +14 in the second half of Monday's win.

In fact, it's the fourth time that Rubio has totaled at least seven rebounds and eight assists in a game, and the Timberwolves are now 4-0 in those games. Rubio has 10 double-digit assist games this season, which leads the NBA.

But the fourth quarter has been where Rubio has been at his best.

Rubio leads the NBA in fourth-quarter assists with 46. By comparison, the next-highest is Derrick Rose with 36. Over his last three games, Rubio has seven assists and zero turnovers in the fourth quarter. The Timberwolves are 2-1 in those games with a five-point loss to the Lakers sandwiched in between two wins.

During a three-game winning streak from January 16-20, Rubio had seven assists and two turnovers while the Timberwolves were a combined +33 in those fourth quarters. Rubio had 12 assists and five turnovers while his team was +45 in the second halves of those games.

Rubio is +38 in the fourth quarter this season, which ranks third in the NBA among point guards behind Derrick Rose and Jrue Holiday.

Rubio's shooting has drastically improved in the fourth quarter as compared to the first three quarters. He's shooting 42.0 percent from the field and 46.7 percent on 3-point attempts in the fourth quarter, but is shooting just 36.3 percent from the field and 30.3 percent on 3-point attempts in the first three quarters.

With Rubio's improved play since entering the starting lineup, especially late in games, the Timberwolves have exploded offensively. They've scored more than 100 points in four of their last seven games and are averaging 100.6 points in those seven games after scoring more than 100 only once in their previous nine games.

BEAST:bowdown:

Honestly, I think Irving and Rubio have a really good chance of being co-roy's. Irving is obviously a better scorer and by seasons end might be considered an elite shooter/scorer but Rubio just flat out is making a bigger impact on his team right now.

I am so ****ing excited to watch the great young PGs in this league grow up. Irving, Rubio, Westbrook, Rose. This league is going to have amazing PG play for a long time.

LBJMVP
01-31-2012, 02:19 PM
If 37% is your only argument against Rubio then you've got a lot to learn.
A player who can control the floor and a game changer with passing is truly something unique and ROY worthy.
Irving is a prototype of every little man the NCAA is pumping out. He's great but nothing special.
You know which other PG shot poorly his rookie year, and his whole career for that matter? Isiah Thomas. Rubio has potential to be this type of player

what a stupid thing to say. kyrie is having a more productive rookie year than lebron james did in cleveland his rookie year. they both have equally bad teams as well.

kyrie has the potential to be the best point guard in the league in a couple.
but as for rookie of the year i think it is pretty close between irving and rubio, but kyrie is ahead. if rubio keeps up what he has done recently and the wolves make the playoffs then he may win.

irving is seriously one of the most clutch rookies i've ever seen. twice he has gotten to basketball with ease for a game winner (missed the first one), he makes clutch threes without hesitation. get him a decent second and third man and he could be averaging 23/10/5.

he literally gets the rim so easy; its amazing to watch.

IGOTGAME
01-31-2012, 02:45 PM
what a stupid thing to say. kyrie is having a more productive rookie year than lebron james did in cleveland his rookie year. they both have equally bad teams as well.

but as for rookie of the year i think it is pretty close between irving and rubio, but kyrie is ahead. if rubio keeps up what he has done recently and the wolves make the playoffs then he may win.

irving is seriously one of the most clutch rookies i've ever seen. twice he has gotten to basketball with ease for a game winner (missed the first one), he makes clutch threes without hesitation. get him a decent second and third man and he could be averaging 23/10/5.

guys are so big on stats. Lebron was simply better than Kyrie as a rookie. The impacts were different.

people are really getting carried away with per. catch some games.

just the term "usage" alone turns me away from per....

Droid101
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM

He has Antawn Jamison (a great scorer but piss-poor defender) so don't use that as an excuse.

BarberSchool
01-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Ricky Rubio +/- +101

Irving +/- -36That stat hits like a ****ing 18 wheeler.

Cosign Irving just being a prototype of every little man the NCAA is churning out.

blacknapalm
01-31-2012, 03:52 PM
the more i think about it, the more i'd be down for a co-ROY. both irving and rubio are deserving. hasn't happened since kidd/hill in '95 right?

RRR3
01-31-2012, 03:54 PM

How quickly your forget about lebrons rookie season:rolleyes:

BarberSchool
01-31-2012, 03:57 PM
the more i think about it, the more i'd be down for a co-ROY. both irving and rubio are deserving. hasn't happened since kidd/hill in '95 right?Rubio has to significantly improve his FG% and Efficiency to win co-ROY, but I think he can do it.

I told everyone after the 2008 gold medal game (when Rubio was 16) that Rubio would eventually have at least one season where he led the NBA in steals. I now up that to two or three seasons.

The guy just makes plays every night. he's a highlight machine that everyone loves playing with. he makes everyone better. Now he just needs to step up his own shooting and he'll be a truly special player that can command a playoff squad year in year out. His vision is incredible, and factor in hw young he is, and how much his game will grow, it's scary, because his game does not require athleticism. It's a thinking man's game with loads of flash to it.

Very exited to watch him for the next 12-15 years.

blacknapalm
01-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Rubio has to significantly improve his FG% and Efficiency to win co-ROY, but I think he can do it.

I told everyone after the 2008 gold medal game (when Rubio was 16) that Rubio would eventually have at least one season where he led the NBA in steals. I now up that to two or three seasons.

The guy just makes plays every night. he's a highlight machine that everyone loves playing with. he makes everyone better. Now he just needs to step up his own shooting and he'll be a truly special player that can command a playoff squad year in year out. His vision is incredible, and factor in hw young he is, and how much his game will grow, it's scary, because his game does not require athleticism. It's a thinking man's game with loads of flash to it.

Very exited to watch him for the next 12-15 years.

indeed. the passing angles he takes with his bounce passes are one of the things that impress me the most. cross court bounce passes around defenders are really tough passes to make. as you said, he makes everyone better. teammates love playing for pass first guys like rubio who are always looking to set them up. it just makes their offense easier. he also seems to be a bit of a vocal leader on that team, certainly a spark plug.

look forward to seeing what both can do in the future. it's good to have a couple impact rookies

FireDavidKahn
01-31-2012, 04:11 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7522872/kyrie-irving-ricky-rubio-iman-shumpert-more

Before Rubio entered the NBA, several scouts noted that he was a very good defender off the basketball, but they thought he would be too slow to stay in front of NBA point guards when they isolated against him. The scouts, however, mostly failed to notices Rubio's wingspan, which DraftExpress mentions is around 6 feet 9 inches. His long arms help negate his lack of foot speed. He can challenge shots while staying farther back, and this makes it easier for Rubio to stay in front of his man. What's the result? Taking charges on the perimeter. In isolation situations, Rubio holds his man to 0.568 points per possession on 25.9 percent shooting. That places him among the top 20 percent of all NBA players. Rubio also forces turnovers 16.2 percent of the time when offensive players isolate against him. Of those turnovers, all but two have been charges taken on the perimeter. In fact, Rubio is third among players in terms of charges taken, according to Hoopdata, with 0.90 per game. Most of the following charges were taken on the perimeter. This is all because of Rubio's wingspan.

CAN
YOU
DIG
IT
????????????????????

BarberSchool
01-31-2012, 04:18 PM
""Before Rubio entered the NBA, several scouts noted that he was a very good defender off the basketball, but they thought he would be too slow to stay in front of NBA point guards when they isolated against him.

In isolation situations in the 2012 NBA season, Rubio holds his man to 0.568 points per possession on 25.9 percent shooting. That places him among the top 20 percent of all NBA players. Rubio also forces turnovers 16.2 percent of the time when offensive players isolate against him.

CAN
YOU
DIG
IT
????????????????????I can dig it. Son has a very bright future of theivery and gifting in the NBA. Let's call him Robin Hood.

LBJMVP
01-31-2012, 04:19 PM
He has Antawn Jamison (a great scorer but piss-poor defender) so don't use that as an excuse.

jamison is a black hole on offense.
throws up stupid threes and is shooting 40% from the field playin no defense
you obviously dont watch the cavs

DukeDelonte13
01-31-2012, 06:15 PM

Antawn Jamison kinda isn't such a great scorer anymore. Kyrie is the best scorer on the cavs hands down. I wish Kyrie played SG so people would stop comparing him to Rubio. They have very different games, they will both be elite pgs in their own way. Both are leading their teams to wins. Both make their team's better when they are on the floor.

returnofthemack
01-31-2012, 06:46 PM

irving will win rookie of the year. book it. irving is really starting to take off. whenever coach scott decides its time to up irvings minutes we will really see his numbers skyrocket. irving has been playing lights out. rubio is very very good too and in a few years they will both be considered 2 of the best point guards in the league. irving is a better scorer and thats what will win him rookie of the year.

ask yourself this. if you put rubio on the cavs and irving on the wolves what would would be the outcome? i think rubios numbers would go down. irvings might not go up on the wolves but they would at least stay the same.

DKLaker
01-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Yep. Look at these idiots checking out the box score only.

"They lost and Ricky was 2-12... MUST HAVE BEEN HIS FAULT"

I watched the game. He took some really stupid shots late in the game that I knew he was going to miss........the funniest one was where they were doing that stupid Spain chant and Ricky jacked up a 3 brick.
If he simply stuck to what he does best and let the shooters shoot then they win the game. I am VERY happy the Lakers won :applause:

TonyD
01-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Only because Rondo has been out.

RedBlackAttack
01-31-2012, 09:04 PM
Honestly, I think Irving and Rubio have a really good chance of being co-roy's. Irving is obviously a better scorer and by seasons end might be considered an elite shooter/scorer but Rubio just flat out is making a bigger impact on his team right now.
How do you figure that? This is the same Cavs team that was easily the worst in the league last year before Baron Davis came on board and got things going a little better in the second half of the season right? (BD is nowhere in sight, as far as I can tell)

Now, if the playoffs were to start today, the Cavs would be in as the 8th seed.

I guess it must be Omri Casspi?

Kyrie is shooting a f#cking phenomenal 51+% from the field, which is far and away the highest FG% in the league for guards scoring more than 15 points per game. You just don't see rookie PGs that rely on a perimeter game shooting that high of a percentage. Don't just look at Ricky, go ask Kemba and Brandon Knight. What Kyrie has done is pretty crazy.

I like Rubio and all, but what is this, "he has been more valuable to the Wolves" sh!t? I'm probably one of the few that watched just about every Cavs game last year and this year. It is night and f#cking day.

Nick Young
01-31-2012, 09:08 PM
Rubio>Irving. The only ones who think irving is better are delusional cavs fans desperate to replace their fallen hero.

SpecialQue
01-31-2012, 09:10 PM
He also leads the league in making me hard.

With his game, of course.

RedBlackAttack
01-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Rubio>Irving. The only ones who think irving is better are delusional cavs fans desperate to replace their fallen hero.
And every person that will be voting in the ROY race. :oldlol:

Your trolling efforts are just so hollow and half-hearted.

IGOTGAME
01-31-2012, 09:20 PM
How do you figure that? This is the same Cavs team that was easily the worst in the league last year before Baron Davis came on board and got things going a little better in the second half of the season right? (BD is nowhere in sight, as far as I can tell)

Kyrie is shooting a f#cking phenomenal 51+% from the field, which is far and away the highest FG% in the league for guards scoring more than 15 points per game. You just don't see rookie PGs that rely on a perimeter game shooting that high of a percentage. Don't just look at Ricky, go ask Kemba and Brandon Knight. What Kyrie has done is pretty crazy.

I like Rubio and all, but what is this, "he has been more valuable to the Wolves" sh!t? I'm probably one of the few that watched just about every Cavs game last year and this year. It is night and f#cking day.

If that fg% falls down to 47% would you opinion change?

I watch the game and I think the team does it's best when they are clicking on defense. It isn't Kyrie creating plays, it is the team playing good smart ball. From Andy to Parker etc...to pretend it is Kyrie dominating games night in and night out is absurd. To pretend he creating opportunities at some unheard of clip is absurd.

But, I am confident that he fg% will fall down to about 47-48% by seasons end.

What you will be left with is a guy averaging

17-18(maybe even 20) pts
47% fg
5.5 assists
3.5 turnovers

doesn't look so special once the shooting comes back to normal huh?

oh, and if the playoffs started today based on nba.com they would miss the playoffs.

RedBlackAttack
01-31-2012, 09:25 PM
If that fg% falls down to 47% would you opinion change?

I watch the game and I think the team does it's best when they are clicking on defense. It isn't Kyrie creating plays, it is the team playing good smart ball. From Andy to Parker etc...to pretend it is Kyrie dominating games night in and night out is absurd. To pretend he creating opportunities at some unheard of clip is absurd.

But, I am confident that he fg% will fall down to about 47-48% by seasons end.

What you will be left with is a guy averaging

17-18(maybe even 20) pts
47% fg
5.5 assists
3.5 turnovers

doesn't look so special once the shooting comes back to normal huh?
For a 19-year old rookie? Those are damn good numbers. You made your decision in this discussion after the first game of the season and have been riding it since.

No debating is really necessary. How are you just going to go ahead and accommodate for his shooting "coming back down to normal?"

You rate players on how they are playing, not what you think they might be playing like in a month.

And, if those numbers look normal, how does 37% from the field look?

IGOTGAME
01-31-2012, 09:35 PM
For a 19-year old rookie? Those are damn good numbers. You made your decision in this discussion after the first game of the season and have been riding it since.

No debating is really necessary. How are you just going to go ahead and accommodate for his shooting "coming back down to normal?"

You rate players on how they are playing, not what you think they might be playing like in a month.

And, if those numbers look normal, how does 37% from the field look?

I don't base my decisions on numbers, i watch games or don't have an opinion. btw...It looks eerily similar to the percentage jason kidd shot as a rookie when he won rookie of the year.

I have watched every T-Wolves game and Ricky is impacted games on near or at an all star level while shooting 38%. The game is a lot more than fg%...

and as for his shooting coming down to earth...I have never seen(in the last 20 years)a player take the type of shots he is taking and shot at that %...so either he is the greatest shooter ever(or damn near close) or he will come down to earth. I'm gonna stick with coming down to earth.

RedBlackAttack
01-31-2012, 09:42 PM
I don't base my decisions on numbers, i watch games or don't have an opinion. btw...It looks eerily similar to the percentage jason kidd shot as a rookie when he won rookie of the year.

I have watched every T-Wolves game and Ricky is impacted games on near or at an all star level while shooting 38%. The game is a lot more than fg%...

and as for his shooting coming down to earth...I have never seen(in the last 20 years)a player take the type of shots he is taking and shot at that %...so either he is the greatest shooter ever(or damn near close) or he will come down to earth. I'm gonna stick with coming down to earth.
And, if you have watched 'every T-Wolves game,' that pretty much confirms that you have watched very few Cavs games... Unless all you do is watch basketball, which I doubt. I know that I would like to watch more of Minnesota, but they have played opposite the Cavs most nights this season. Juggling work, it is hard as hell just watching most Cavs games.

You said yourself you missed Kyrie's game-winner the other night.

I mean, how are you remotely unbiased when you are going out of your way to watch one guy and haven't watched much of the other guy at all?

It is clear that you are a Rubio fan... which is fine. You are entitled to that. I like both guys, but obviously Irving plays for my squad, so I'm partial to him and no doubt biased.

Don't sit here and pretend that you judge both guys equally, have seen them equally this season, etc. because you don't.

IGOTGAME
01-31-2012, 09:59 PM
And, if you have watched 'every T-Wolves game,' that pretty much confirms that you have watched very few Cavs games... Unless all you do is watch basketball, which I doubt. I know that I would like to watch more of Minnesota, but they have played opposite the Cavs most nights this season. Juggling work, it is hard as hell just watching most Cavs games.

You said yourself you missed Kyrie's game-winner the other night.

I mean, how are you remotely unbiased when you are going out of your way to watch one guy and haven't watched much of the other guy at all?

It is clear that you are a Rubio fan... which is fine. You are entitled to that. I like both guys, but obviously Irving plays for my squad, so I'm partial to him and no doubt biased.

Don't sit here and pretend that you judge both guys equally, have seen them equally this season, etc. because you don't.

I catch Kyrie's games when I can...but are you saying I can't judge a player unless I watch everyone of his games?

I don't particularly enjoy watching Cavs games because they aren't really that entertaining to someone who isn't a Cavs fan. I did go out of my way to watch around 5. I'm studying for a big exam(living in a new area) so once I come home from work I study all night, thus I'm in front of a computer and throw on bball and bs on here when I get fried.

I think I have seen enough of the guy to have formed an opinion.

Oh, I may have exaggerated on T-wolves games...I think I missed 3 or 4. I meant I watched all the games that I could, meaning when Im home and no conflict conflict.

sodap
01-31-2012, 10:46 PM
""Before Rubio entered the NBA, several scouts noted that he was a very good defender off the basketball, but they thought he would be too slow to stay in front of NBA point guards when they isolated against him.

In isolation situations in the 2012 NBA season, Rubio holds his man to 0.568 points per possession on 25.9 percent shooting. That places him among the top 20 percent of all NBA players. Rubio also forces turnovers 16.2 percent of the time when offensive players isolate against him.I can dig it. Son has a very bright future of theivery and gifting in the NBA. Let's call him Robin Hood.

I like the robin hood nickname but in spain robin hood = dirk nowitzki (legendary deceased commentator andres montes nicknamed him robin hood because of the arc of his shots resemblance to the path of an arrow). also this guy gave ricky rubio the nickname "ricky business" because of the movie risky business. pau was E.T. because of alien-like skills... he had one for most players. a funny one was jermaine o'neal who was called "the other" (o'neal). oh and also karl malone + john stockton who were "today I love you more than I did yesterday, but less than I'll do tomorrow", thats right, he managed to drop that quite a few times whenever jazz played.

I guess I'll post a couple highlights of montes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nHAuZdEH9Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUS51dAIMdo

Maneva
01-31-2012, 10:54 PM
I love watching Rubio. Closest thing we've got to Jason Kidd. I see him racking up the triple doubles soon.

heyhey
01-31-2012, 10:55 PM

da f@ck? :facepalm offense is more than just shooting man

outbreak
01-31-2012, 10:58 PM
From the games of his i've watched he seems to be a 4th quarter guy when it comes to scoring. First 3 quarters he seems to only shoot at the end of the buzzer and miss but 4th quarter he turns it on in the clutch. His passing is so much fun to watching though. Really hoping the team keeps improving and becomes a contender.

FireDavidKahn
02-01-2012, 11:37 AM

Because this is the same Wolves team as last year that actually was the worst team in the league last year + Rubio and Adelman. Also the comment of "he has been more valuable tp the Wolves" is based partly off the fact that Rubio leads the Wolves in +/- and our offense goes from 101.0 per 100 possessions > 105.2 per 100 possessions and our defense goes from 108.9 points per 100 possessions > 98.7 points per 100 possessions when he steps on the court.

I'm not trying to belittle Irving at all but Rubio is a night and day better defender than him right now just like Irving is a night and day better scorer than Rubio is and ever will be. Rubio also has the edge in Steals, Rebounds, Assists and turns the ball over less.

FireDavidKahn
02-01-2012, 11:41 AM
I love watching Rubio. Closest thing we've got to Jason Kidd. I see him racking up the triple doubles soon.
He's better than Kidd was as a rookie:bowdown:

http://bkref.com/tiny/crz1N

La Frescobaldi
02-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Because this is the same Wolves team as last year that actually was the worst team in the league last year + Rubio and Adelman. Also the comment of "he has been more valuable tp the Wolves" is based partly off the fact that Rubio leads the Wolves in +/- and our offense goes from 101.0 per 100 possessions > 105.2 per 100 possessions and our defense goes from 108.9 points per 100 possessions > 98.7 points per 100 possessions when he steps on the court.

I'm not trying to belittle Irving at all but Rubio is a night and day better defender than him right now just like Irving is a night and day better scorer than Rubio is and ever will be. Rubio also has the edge in Steals, Rebounds, Assists and turns the ball over less.

WOW

In other words he's tearing up the league with fundamentals. That is the same reason Love destroyed the league last year & everybody called him a stat padder..... Interesting.

Droid101
02-01-2012, 03:44 PM

Wow. Their numbers are shockingly similar. Almost identical.

Barring injury, I'm excited as hell for this dude's career.

royalbluecosby
02-01-2012, 05:20 PM

Melo should've been the co-rookie of the year with Lebron.

Melo 21 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2.8 apg, 1.2 spg and 0.5 bpg

LeBron 20.9 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5.9 apg, 1.6 spg and 0.7 bpg

I think Rubio is gonna win it though but Kyrie is nice

Burgz
02-01-2012, 05:23 PM

21 games bro relax