PDA

View Full Version : It sucks that MVP voters will shy away from Rose

rfoster24
01-31-2012, 05:21 AM
strictly because of his numbers. He is a truly unselfish superstar. Derrick Rose will never lead the league in scoring. He will probably never lead in assists. He WILL win multiple championships.

32Dayz
01-31-2012, 05:23 AM
strictly because of his numbers. He is a truly unselfish superstar. Derrick Rose will never lead the league in scoring. He will probably never lead in assists. He WILL win multiple championships.

He is a great player and has the potential to be a good leader.

Only time will tell how good he will be (he has been great so far this season).
He definitely has a team good enough to contend though.

I.R.Beast
01-31-2012, 05:27 AM
wow....Heard this about James, and we're still waiting. you have no way of knowing this. I like rose alot though , the league needs more player like him. His only object is win, he doesnt care about the stat sheet just plays for the W and takes full responsibility for the failures of his team.

rfoster24
01-31-2012, 05:30 AM
wow....Heard this about James, and we're still waiting. you have no way of knowing this. I like rose alot though , the league needs more player like him. His only object is win, he doesnt care about the stat sheet just plays for the W and takes full responsibility for the failures of his team.

you didn't hear it from me...I am saying Rose will.

That being said, Lebron will still end up with multiple championships too lol.

I.R.Beast
01-31-2012, 05:38 AM

it would be very patehtic if he cant get atleast 1 with the Heat.

All Net
01-31-2012, 05:42 AM

He will need to get a legit 2nd option to do this...wether it's a wing or a big. winning titles is very tough without a legit number two. Pistons and mavs did it but it's not the norm.

I.R.Beast
01-31-2012, 05:43 AM
He will need to get a legit 2nd option to do this...wether it's a wing or a big. winning titles is very tough without a legit number two. Pistons and mavs did it but it's not the norm.
great team balance is how they did...bulls would need that...

All Net
01-31-2012, 05:46 AM
great team balance is how they did...bulls would need that...

You can win one title when everything goes right like last year with Mavs. All your role players need to be on their game. All of Dallas's guys were on fire all post season but to do it multiple years is very rare. Bulls cast outside of Rose need to take the challenge and shoot near the end of games. Rose is being asked to do it all the time...last year Jason Terry was willing and took big shots, so did Kidd.

tomtucker
01-31-2012, 06:54 AM

don

Phenith
01-31-2012, 09:53 AM
I dunno, he ran away with it last year and Howard was just as deserving, as long as he keeps getting over hyped he has a good shot at it again.

demons2005
01-31-2012, 09:56 AM
The media doesn't like modest humble players, they like in your face flashy conceited players that always give them good stories. Rose can score 35 and be totally ignored by ESPN. In fact that happens pretty often. I've never seen a superstar get more ignored than DRose. It's a miracle he even got one even when he was clearly the best candidate. He will have to be way better than everyone to earn his second but I think he is more than capable after all he is the youngest MVP winner ever and a true winner.

Lebron23
01-31-2012, 10:01 AM
LeBron is gonna win his 3rd MVP Award. LBJ is having another great season. Current LBJ is a better player than 2009 and 2010 Cleveland LeBron.

Glide2keva
01-31-2012, 10:01 AM
Way to invite the hate fest and troll brigade.

Good job!

donald_trump
01-31-2012, 10:02 AM
The media doesn't like modest humble players, they like in your face flashy conceited players that always give them good stories. Rose can score 35 and be totally ignored by ESPN. In fact that happens pretty often. I've never seen a superstar get more ignored than DRose. It's a miracle he even got one even when he was clearly the best candidate. He will have to be way better than everyone to earn his second but I think he is more than capable after all he is the youngest MVP winner ever and a true winner.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

hes the most hyped player ive ever seen. dude got headlines like no one when he had 10-30 shooting games saying that he carried the bulls. :oldlol:
the defense is the reason that team wins games. obvious enough when they didnt miss a beat when he was out injured.

demons2005
01-31-2012, 10:07 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

hes the most hyped player ive ever seen. dude got headlines like no one when he had 10-30 shooting games saying that he carried the bulls. :oldlol:
the defense is the reason that team wins games. obvious enough when they didnt miss a beat when he was out injured.
how does that explain the media glossing over his ownage of CP and the Clips. There are still some saying he's not the best PG. Also they'll show Lebron and Kobe at ratios of 10 to 1 to Rose, who they choose to simply ignore. and lol at the Bulls being better without rose :banghead: :banghead:

donald_trump
01-31-2012, 10:10 AM
how does that explain the media glossing over his ownage of CP and the Clips. There are still some saying he's not the best PG. Also they'll show Lebron and Kobe at ratios of 10 to 1 to Rose, who they choose to simply ignore. and lol at the Bulls being better without rose :banghead: :banghead:

never said they were better without rose. your words.

rose got more media hype than anyone after the decision last year. it was sickening. seeing him get credit for a lot of moments he didnt infact deserve. much like his mvp award.

nathanjizzle
01-31-2012, 10:49 AM
never said they were better without rose. your words.

rose got more media hype than anyone after the decision last year. it was sickening. seeing him get credit for a lot of moments he didnt infact deserve. much like his mvp award.

you sure know alot about rose for someone that didnt watch more then 3 bulls games last season.

Poodle
01-31-2012, 10:53 AM
i think Rose is way too hyped here. i mean he's great, and right there at superstar status, but people act like he's great in every facet with no flaws, and just so many excuses for anything bad on him its like Kobe fans all over again :facepalm

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Don't know how he's way too hyped when he's a guaranteed Top 5 player, and arguably top 3 in the league. Of course he has flaws, its the fact that he tries to improve these flaws every year, and it shows every year. That and him possessing the same Hunger that would make MJ proud, makes sense he gets so much Hype.

There is no other PG, and very few players in the league who can completely DOMINATE and control a game like Rose. When you have LBJ trying to take over and dominate the game, then Rose actually accepting the challenge and fight back, that's DAMN impressive.

hawksdogsbraves
01-31-2012, 11:16 AM
This thread might be warranted if Rose hadn't, you know, WON the MVP last year

Poodle
01-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Don't know how he's way too hyped when he's a guaranteed Top 5 player, and arguably top 3 in the league. Of course he has flaws, its the fact that he tries to improve these flaws every year, and it shows every year. That and him possessing the same Hunger that would make MJ proud, makes sense he gets so much Hype.

There is no other PG, and very few players in the league who can completely DOMINATE and control a game like Rose. When you have LBJ trying to take over and dominate the game, then Rose actually accepting the challenge and fight back, that's DAMN impressive.

thats what he's SUPPOSED to do as the superstar for the Bulls. anything less than that wouldn't make him a superstar....but this is what i'm talking about, where a lot of people make up reasons to praise him. its like some huge fad right now on ISH to be a Rose fan, at least it feels that way.

even when he choked at the end of last game the excuses and lack of owning up to it here were absurd.

threads talking about poor grades but being smart in life to justify Rose's IQ...

i mean the stuff people are saying is as bad or worse than the praise people used to heap on Kobe here.

i also don't think Rose is that great other than in a scoring capacity. he's not the best passer whatsoever imo, but he's still young so i'm sure theres a lot he will get better at.

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 11:33 AM

This is complete utter Bullshit. He has like 1 triple double in his career. He can certainly score very well, but he doesn't dominate other facets of the game at all.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 11:43 AM
This is complete utter Bullshit. He has like 1 triple double in his career. He can certainly score very well, but he doesn't dominate other facets of the game.

His scoring alone cause him to be a threat that has to be double and triple teamed routinely. Cutting through the opposition the way he does, he at times can not be stopped. How is that NOT dominating the game, when he at times can be the SOLE reason your team is getting shitted on. Or how an entire 4th quarter is FILLED with Rose taking away any chance you have of coming back. The fact teams can be shooting lights out, and STILL can't get the lead is a testament to that.

And even looking at other facets of his game, Leadership and overall decision making makes him lethal. He makes decisions on whether to take it to the hole, or dish it to the teammate he feels can drop the shot. You rarely ever here about Rose's decision making being questionable.

And I said very few....Who else in the league can currently take over a game, and FORCE the opposing team (constant double, triple teams) to try to stop them?

I can only think of is Lebron, Howard, and Kobe at the moment.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 11:49 AM
even when he choked at the end of last game the excuses and lack of owning up to it here were absurd.
Don't matter, in the end, Rose himself didn't excuse anything, and blamed himself. Its this that makes him great, he fails and learns from it, making him stronger overall.

threads talking about poor grades but being smart in life to justify Rose's IQ...
Poor grades is not the automatic clarification someone is dumb. People just do bad in school, it happens. If he was dumb, he would never be able to learn basketball plays, or remember things on the court.

i also don't think Rose is that great other than in a scoring capacity. he's not the best passer whatsoever imo, but he's still young so i'm sure theres a lot he will get better at.
His passing might not be the best, but its FAR from the worst, even far from average. He's averaging very good assist numbers now, and makes smart passes. He honestly looks like a quarterback at times with some of his nicely timed bullets.

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 11:53 AM
His scoring alone cause him to be a threat that has to be double and triple teamed routinely. Cutting through the opposition the way he does, he at times can not be stopped. How is that NOT dominating the game, when he at times can be the SOLE reason your team is getting shitted on. Or how an entire 4th quarter is FILLED with Rose taking away any chance you have of coming back. The fact teams can be shooting lights out, and STILL can't get the lead is a testament to that.

And even looking at other facets of his game, Leadership and overall decision making makes him lethal. He makes decisions on whether to take it to the hole, or dish it to the teammate he feels can drop the shot. You rarely ever here about Rose's decision making being questionable.

And I said very few....Who else in the league can currently take over a game, and FORCE the opposing team (constant double, triple teams) to try to stop them?

I can only think of is Lebron, Howard, and Kobe at the moment.

You can add Durant, Melo, Wade, Westbrook, and Love to that list too.

greymatter
01-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Don't know how he's way too hyped when he's a guaranteed Top 5 player, and arguably top 3 in the league.

His team crushing everyone but Memphis while he was out hurts his case. Can't think of very many people other than Bulls homers and Rose-stans who wouldn't take LBJ, KD, D12, and maybe Kobe over Rose. He's hardly "guaranteed" top 5. A healthy and productive DWade "guarantees" that Rose isn't a top 5 player and relegates him to at best #6. CP3 is looking close to his old self and is putting up 18/9 on 50/44/86 with a 4.7 assist/t.o ratio with a team he is learning to play with on the fly. His team is thus far easily the most-improved. Even with Wade having a crap season thus far, it is easily arguable that Rose isn't a top 5 player.

Someone clearly didn't see CP3 singlehandedly wreck the Lakers in the playoffs with a bunch of scrubs last year before bowing out in 6.

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 11:59 AM
CP3 is also turning Vinny Del Negro into a winning coach as well. When VDN was coaching Rose, they were a .500 team. It's Tom Thibodeau that has turned the team into contenders.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 12:02 PM
His team crushing everyone but Memphis while he was out hurts his case. Can't think of very many people other than Bulls homers and Rose-stans who wouldn't take LBJ, KD, D12, and maybe Kobe over Rose. He's hardly "guaranteed" top 5. A healthy and productive DWade "guarantees" that Rose isn't a top 5 player and relegates him to at best #6. CP3 is looking close to his old self and is putting up 18/9 on 50/44/86 with a 4.7 assist/t.o ratio with a team he is learning to play with on the fly. His team is thus far easily the most-improved. Even with Wade having a crap season thus far, it is easily arguable that Rose isn't a top 5 player.
Well you're calling 50% of NBA fans who voted on ESPN homers and stans, since that's EXACTLY what they did.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?pollId=132409

Someone's who's "6 at best" doesn't get these votes.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 12:06 PM
CP3 is also turning Vinny Del Negro into a winning coach as well. When VDN was coaching Rose, they were a .500 team. It's Tom Thibodeau that has turned the team into contenders.
Rose made VDN a Playoff coach, a ROOKIE Rose BTW. And this is a veteran CP3, who's trade was the talk of the offseason, he BETTER be successful.

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Rose made VDN a Playoff coach, a ROOKIE Rose BTW. And this is a veteran CP3, who's trade was the talk of the offseason, he BETTER be successful.

They had a 21 game boost last year, and they barely changed the roster at all. That's all coaching.

Clocian-IGN
01-31-2012, 12:17 PM
They had a 21 game boost last year, and they barely changed the roster at all. That's all coaching.

barely changed the roster? really?

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 12:19 PM
And Rose gaining the jumper and tear drop had nothing to do with that, or Rose breaking out into a Superstar caliber player. Yea....

Coaching + Rose blossoming + gaining good chemistry

THAT'S what made the boost.

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 12:28 PM
barely changed the roster? really?

Do you attribute a 21 game jump mainly to Scalabrine, with the side additions of Boozer and Korver?

Clocian-IGN
01-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Do you attribute a 21 game jump mainly to Scalabrine, with the side additions of Boozer and Korver?

no. I attribute the 21 jump to an improved roster, improvements within the team who was already here and coaching.

fact still stands that the roster last year was completely different aside from rose, deng, noah, taj

Cangri
01-31-2012, 12:47 PM
And Rose gaining the jumper and tear drop had nothing to do with that, or Rose breaking out into a Superstar caliber player. Yea....

Coaching + Rose blossoming + gaining good chemistry

THAT'S what made the boost.
Actually Rose's jumper last season was worst than the previous year.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 12:48 PM
I was talking about the 3...THAT jumper.

Cangri
01-31-2012, 12:49 PM
lol Rose's 3 point shot was sht last season, wtf were you watching :roll: :roll:

Cangri
01-31-2012, 12:50 PM
And it's still sht this season. :oldlol:

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 12:52 PM
lol Rose's 3 point shot was sht last season, wtf were you watching :roll: :roll:
The hell are you talking about? Did you WATCH the regular season last year? Hell are you even watching it this year?

Cangri
01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
The hell are you talking about? Did you WATCH the regular season last year? Hell are you even watching it this year?
So you're saying Rose's 3 point shot is good? Yeah 29.8% 3 point shooting is good :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 12:55 PM

They weren't winning because Rose hit 1.6 three pointers per game. They were winning because they had a lock down defense.

Cangri
01-31-2012, 12:55 PM
And btw his carrier 3 point % is 30.8%, which means he's actually shooting worst this year.

Cangri
01-31-2012, 12:57 PM
They weren't winning because Rose hit 1.6 three pointers per game. They were winning because they had a lock down defense.
Exactly, they win because of their defense and rebounding efforts, that give's them more scoring opportunities than the other team=winning.

greymatter
Well you're calling 50% of NBA fans who voted on ESPN homers and stans, since that's EXACTLY what they did.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?pollId=132409

Someone's who's "6 at best" doesn't get these votes.

The poll doesn't say anything about who is the better player; only about who'd they rather have. Obviously you'd have to be a retard to believe Rose is better than Lebron.

The average fan has a ridiculously short memory. Lebron closed out the Bulls almost single-handedly, but the average fan only remembers him disappearing in the 4th quarters of the Finals. That's pretty much why the voting turned out the way it did.

Tenchi Ryu
And btw his carrier 3 point % is 30.8%, which means he's actually shooting worst this year.
No, only reason his 3pt % is down is cause he always takes quarter ending buzzer beaters now, from half court. (God knows why) Otherwise it would be much higher.

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 12:59 PM
No, only reason his 3pt % is down is cause he always takes quarter ending buzzer beaters now, from half court. Otherwise it would be much higher.

:facepalm

Cangri
01-31-2012, 12:59 PM
No, only reason his 3pt % is down is cause he always takes quarter ending buzzer beaters now, from half court. Otherwise it would be much higher.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :hammerhead:

Chrono90
01-31-2012, 01:00 PM

2 is a couple. Multiple is at least 3....

Are you thattttt confident????

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:01 PM
The poll doesn't say anything about who is the better player; only about who'd they rather have. Obviously you'd have to be a retard to believe Rose is better than Lebron.
:wtf: :wtf:
No shit, all this poll did was prove you wrong, that people more than Stans or Homers would take Rose over Lebron. Who the Fukk said anything about him being better?

The average fan has a ridiculously short memory. Lebron closed out the Bulls almost single-handedly, but the average fan only remembers him disappearing in the 4th quarters of the Finals. That's pretty much why the voting turned out the way it did.
Right......:rolleyes:
And LOL @ bolded

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Now you're just hating...add that shit up, 3 quarters of missed buzzer shots. Thats 3 more missed 3's a game that's added to his stats.

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Now you're just hating...add that shit up, 3 quarters of missed buzzer shots. Thats 3 more missed 3's a game that's added to his stats.

Are you trying to tell me he takes 3 of them every game?

He's played in 18 games. That would make 54 of his 84 total three point attempts to be full court shots. Is that what you are telling me?

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:05 PM
2-3 in majority, yes. Do you realize how much us Bulls fans hated seeing that shit? Especially earlier this season....I DARE you to look up older Bulls game threads

Cangri
01-31-2012, 01:05 PM
That's just a retarded excuse as to why he's shooting worst for the 3 this year.

rfoster24
01-31-2012, 01:06 PM

Okay, but if you watched the Bulls at the end of the 09-10 season, they were on a fkn roll, even with VDN as coach. To give Thibodeau the credit is to be retarded. the improvement in Rose's jumper and overall game is what made the Bulls a 62-win team last year and anyone who actually watched Bulls games in the 09-10 and 10-11 season can tell you that. That and the addition of Korver. And the Clippers are stacked. I could coach that team and get a .500 record lol (not really), but no one's talking about CP3.

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 01:06 PM
And if we take away those 54 attempts, that means that Rose has hit 25 of his 30 normal three point attempts.

rfoster24
01-31-2012, 01:08 PM
2 is a couple. Multiple is at least 3....

Are you thattttt confident????

Multiple is 3? Well, anyways, he will get 2 at least.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:09 PM
And if we take away those 54 attempts, that means that Rose has hit 25 of his 30 normal three point attempts.
Definitely not 25 but I'd say 17-20 of that 30, that's what I'm trying to tell you. His 3's have been pretty good this year. He only had the one terrible game where he chucked like 7 3's, and thankfully he stopped that shit. But he's been real wet from the arc this season.

StateOfMind12
01-31-2012, 01:10 PM
His mid-range jumper was but last season his 3 point shot was better than it ever was.

Rose shot a career high in 3p% last season and made a career high in 3 pointers made.

Rose shouldn't shoot 3s at all though. His jumper is flat and his 3s are short most of the time. I would prefer if Rose got an elite mid-range game with no 3 point shot instead of a good mid-range game and an okay 3 point shot. That was pretty much the way Rose was in '09-'10.

RRR3
01-31-2012, 01:10 PM
Derrick Rose 66.7% on his "Real" threes this year. GOAT shooter. :bowdown:

demons2005
01-31-2012, 01:11 PM
Okay, but if you watched the Bulls at the end of the 09-10 season, they were on a fkn roll, even with VDN as coach. To give Thibodeau the credit is to be retarded. the improvement in Rose's jumper and overall game is what made the Bulls a 62-win team last year and anyone who actually watched Bulls games in the 09-10 and 10-11 season can tell you that. That and the addition of Korver. And the Clippers are stacked. I could coach that team and get a .500 record lol (not really), but no one's talking about CP3.
I agree i am tired of seeing thibodeau getting all the credit, esp. when he ran no offense last year and the won 62 games. The defensive pieces were there and they got better over time led by DRose who is the league leader in synergy defense stats. They still wouldn't have been over .500 with Thibodeau and the rest of the bulls because he didn't do anything coaching offense. That was all just hand the ball to Rose and he'll carry us. and it worked.

Sarcastic
2-3 in majority, yes. Do you realize how much us Bulls fans hated seeing that shit? Especially earlier this season....I DARE you to look up older Bulls game threads

You realize there are shot charts and play by play for every game right?

He didn't take one vs Miami, nor Washington. I'll go back and check a few more games to see if I can even find one.

ThatsGame
Overrated. He gets shut down in the playoffs, the only thing thats saves him are ref whistles. He'd straight up suck if the NBA wasnt soft as hell.

Legends66NBA7
01-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Derrick Rose 66.7% on his "Real" threes this year. GOAT shooter. :bowdown:

What's that ?

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:15 PM
You realize there are shot charts and play by play for every game right?

He didn't take one vs Miami, nor Washington. I'll go back and check a few more games to see if I can even find one.
Ever since the Pacers game, which was last week, he's definitely been driving a lot more, I'll give you that. In fact, I'd say he's been mostly driving with a floater every now and then.

But earlier, while it would say Rose shot 5-6 3's, I guarantee 2 of those on average were half court hail marys.

Legends66NBA7
01-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Overrated. He gets shut down in the playoffs, the only thing thats saves him are ref whistles. He'd straight up suck if the NBA wasnt soft as hell.

Nah, that was just one run. Really, only the Heat series.

He was still pretty inexperienced and the Bulls didn't have much fire power.

Rose is the best point guard in the game arguably only to Chris Paul. He's far from overrated.

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 01:18 PM
I just went through the play by play for his last 6 games, and I didn't see 1 full court or half court heave. The longest was a 25 footer.

RRR3
What's that ?
According to Tenchi Ryu, DRose takes 3 half court or full court buzzer beaters per game, and he has played 18 games, so he's taken 54 so far. So, since Rose is 25-84 on threes this year, he implied he has shot 25-30 on "real" threes. However, he admitted that in reality it's probably more like "17-20 out of 30" and 20 out of 30=66.7%. GOAT :bowdown:

rfoster24
I agree i am tired of seeing thibodeau getting all the credit, esp. when he ran no offense last year and the won 62 games. The defensive pieces were there and they got better over time led by DRose who is the league leader in synergy defense stats. They still wouldn't have been over .500 with Thibodeau and the rest of the bulls because he didn't do anything coaching offense. That was all just hand the ball to Rose and he'll carry us. and it worked.

Definitely. All I'm sayin' is a team gets 62 wins with only all-star, the coach may be really good, but you know that all-star has to be fkn ridiculous.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:19 PM
I just went through the play by play for his last 6 games, and I didn't see 1 full court or half court heave. The longest was a 25 footer.
But I said since Pacers game he's done a lot more driving though..which was 4 of those 6 games ago.

Cangri
01-31-2012, 01:20 PM
According to Tenchi Ryu, DRose takes 3 half court or full court buzzer beaters per game, and he has played 18 games, so he's taken 54 so far. So, since Rose is 25-84 on threes this year, he implied he has shot 25-30 on "real" threes. However, he admitted that in reality it's probably more like "17-20 out of 30" and 20 out of 30=66.7%. GOAT :bowdown:
:oldlol: I think he's even worst than the Kobe nutt/huggers

LakersReign
01-31-2012, 01:20 PM
:roll: @bandwagon Lebron fans calling Rose overrated.:lol

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 01:22 PM
I just went through his first 3 games. Rose took 1 71 foot shot.

CJ Watson actually takes a lot of heaves. He took about 3 or 4 of them in the first few games.

greymatter
01-31-2012, 01:23 PM
:wtf: :wtf:
No shit, all this poll did was prove you wrong, that people more than Stans or Homers would take Rose over Lebron. Who the Fukk said anything about him being better?

OK, so in addition to stans and homers, you have the average media-inundated ESPN retards who actually go to vote on ESPN on your side. Congratulations! Guess you weren't sharp enough to note the geographical differences.

Right......:rolleyes:
And LOL @ bolded

Maybe want to rewatch that series; particularly games 2 and 5 when Lebron wasn't even polite enough to give a reacharound.. Sometimes traumatic experiences are suppressed subconsciously.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:23 PM
It wouldn't be all that, but it would definitely look pretty good. Problem is instead of just saying Rose just sucks at 3, in reality he picks the STUPIDEST kinda 3's.

Either contested or Hail mary's
Even as a Rose fan, at times I just :facepalm especially since he has a good mid range game.

rfoster24
01-31-2012, 01:24 PM

You're a heat fan, it should be illegal for you to complain about other teams getting to the line.

Derrick Rose doesn't shoot that many free throws, and when he does he gets hit hard.

RRR3
01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
It wouldn't be all that, but it would definitely look pretty good. Problem is instead of just saying Rose just sucks at 3, in reality he picks the STUPIDEST kinda 3's.

Either contested or Hail mary's
Even as a Rose fan, at times I just :facepalm especially since he has a good mid range game.
He should do what LeBron is doing. LeBron has cut way down on his threes this year and is picking his spots. Because of this he's shooting 41% from three so far. It's not that LeBron suddenly became Ray Allen, he's just not chucking retarded contested 30 footers off the dribble anymore

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:27 PM
OK, so in addition to stans and homers, you have the average media-inundated ESPN retards who actually go to vote on ESPN on your side. Congratulations! Guess you weren't sharp enough to note the geographical differences.
The typical "people who vote on ESPN don't know shit" excuse.....

Maybe want to rewatch that series; particularly games 2 and 5 when Lebron wasn't even polite enough to give a reacharound.. Sometimes traumatic experiences are suppressed subconsciously.
No, maybe you should, specifically how Game 2 was the return of Haslem who brought points on the Board, or game 3 which was Bosh's best game of probably the entire post-season. Or game 4 where Miller returned, and him and Jones went lights out. All Lebron did was 4th quarter closing after Heat would have a 3-5 point lead.

greymatter
01-31-2012, 01:27 PM

Rose's ass clearly smells like roses. I doubt that reality/facts would be able to waft their way to where he's got his nose.

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 01:28 PM
I've gone through 12 of his games so far, and have seen 1 shot over 25 feet.

I'm not going through the rest. Your theory on why his three point shooting percent is low is completely wrong. I would have seen a few of them by now.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:36 PM
I've gone through 12 of his games so far, and have seen 1 shot over 25 feet.

I'm not going through the rest. Your theory on why his three point shooting percent is low is completely wrong. I would have seen a few of them by now.
You can't tell me and all the other Bulls fans that he barely shot those Buzzer beaters, we've all seen it. Rose, the user here, has constantly talked about how he hates it. That or 3's that are shot clock beaters, which are usually heavily contested. Those intangibles are never put on stat sheets.

Basically, If Rose shot with better looks, it would be up. Not long ball clock beaters and 3's with a guys hand all in your face. You're making it seem like he's wide open bricking.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Rose's ass clearly smells like roses. I doubt that reality/facts would be able to waft their way to where he's got his nose.
Coming from a guy who thinks Rose is not even top 5 and overrated...yeah.

greymatter
01-31-2012, 01:37 PM
The typical "people who vote on ESPN don't know shit" excuse.....

Not much else to say about people who'd take Rose over Lebron.

No, maybe you do, specifically how Game 2 was the return of Haslem who brought points on the Board, or game 3 which was Bosh's best game of probably the entire post-season. Or game 4 where Miller returned, and him and Jones went lights out. All Lebron did was 4th quarter closing after Heat would have a 3.5 point lead.

These things called words seem to escape your grasp.

All Lebron did was 4th quarter closing

What do you think the expression "close out" means within the context of how it's used here? Maybe you'd grasp what you just said if I came back with, "All Joe Montana did was throw the game winning touchdown on the final drive of the game".

PS: I know Joe Montana was probably way before your time.

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 01:42 PM
You can't tell me and all the other Bulls fans that he barely shot those Buzzer beaters, we've all seen it. Rose, the user here, has constantly talked about how he hates it. That or 3's that are shot clock beaters, which are usually heavily contested. Those intangibles are never put on stat sheets.

Basically, If Rose shot with better looks, it would be up. Not long ball clock beaters and 3's with a guys hand all in your face. You're making it seem like he's wide open bricking.

I just went through 12 of his 18 games and found 1.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and say in those other 6 games I did not look at he shot 3 per game for a total of 18 full court heaves. I'll then subtract those 18 from his total this year of 84, which gives him 66 real three point attempts. So he is shooting 25 for 66 for three this year, which is 38%. That's decent but not great. And that's with me giving you minus 18 shots, which we all know is not really the case, but whatever.

HEAT111
Do you guys really believe in 7 years Derrick Rose Will continue to contort his bosy as usual to get the basket? That's going to hurt his game if he doesn't develope something new.

HurricaneKid

Yeah stupidhead. You need to watch the game with the Official Bulls Goggles on or you can't see what happened.

No one else in the league has to shoot with the clock winding down.

/hilarious homer

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Not much else to say about people who'd take Rose over Lebron.
Their both winners and good players, you couldn't go wrong with either.

What do you think the expression "close out" means within the context of how it's used here? Maybe you'd grasp what you just said if I came back with, "All Joe Montana did was throw the game winning touchdown on the final drive of the game".

PS: I know Joe Montana was probably way before your time.
Throwing the game winning touchdown was not what Lebron was doing and not a good comparison. That's my point. The game would be 3-5 points apart, and basically won. Lebron would just make it impossible to come back. A good comparison would be Lebron making the Field Goals after Montana's touchdown.

HurricaneKid
01-31-2012, 01:46 PM
I find this thread a hilarious fail. We have a guy who is coming off one of the most unfounded MVP campaigns in the league, and OP wants us to believe that there is no way anyone would vote for him? He already got TOO many votes.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:46 PM
No one else in the league has to shoot with the clock winding down.

/hilarious homer
And you call yourself a Lebron fan, that was his ENTIRE game last year when not dunking.

ThatsGame
01-31-2012, 01:48 PM
You're a heat fan, it should be illegal for you to complain about other teams getting to the line.

Derrick Rose doesn't shoot that many free throws, and when he does he gets hit hard.

Did you just...not watch that recent Heat/Bulls game?

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Way to invite the hate fest and troll brigade.

Good job!
You won
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

chazzy
01-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Cmon..

greymatter
01-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Coming from a guy who thinks Rose is not even top 5 and overrated...yeah.

Yeah is right.

The Bulls dominated every team except Memphis while Rose was out and did it with their trademark defense and rebounding. It's clear to see the Bulls are capable of being a 50 win team (in an 82 game season) even without Rose. This in addition to the fact that at least 4 players are having better seasons than Rose right now with a very arguable 5th who right now is on pace to improve his current team's winning percentage by 28% over last year's.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah is right.

The Bulls dominated every team except Memphis while Rose was out and did it with their trademark defense and rebounding. It's clear to see the Bulls are capable of being a 50 win team (in an 82 game season) even without Rose. This in addition to the fact that at least 4 players are having better seasons than Rose right now with a very arguable 5th who right now is on pace to improve his current team's winning percentage by 28% over last year's.
Never disagreed with ANY of the bolded, its all true. I've even said that this team without Rose is a 4-5th seed. I've even stated at times how Rose's MVP chances were dropping. The only thing that brought him back up IMO was the Heat game. And they're not Championship contenders without him

The Bulls we saw against the Heat last Sunday is typically the Bulls of last year, great D and rebounding, but no scoring. Without Rose's contribution, they would have been beaten easily, which is my entire point and why Rose is so valuable.

HurricaneKid
01-31-2012, 02:00 PM
No, maybe you should, specifically how Game 2 was the return of Haslem who brought points on the Board, or game 3 which was Bosh's best game of probably the entire post-season. Or game 4 where Miller returned, and him and Jones went lights out. All Lebron did was 4th quarter closing after Heat would have a 3-5 point lead.

Lets take a look:

LeBron
Led Mia in 3s, FG, Pts, Rebs, Assts, Stl, and Avg 2blocks
25.8/7.8/6.6/2.4
Shot .447

Rose
Shot .350 taking 24FGA/gm while shooting SUBSTANTIALLY worse than the rest of the team.
Had same # of assts as LBJ
23.4ppg on 24shots/gm.
More TOs than anyone else in the series.

But the PPG were only 2.5 away so its almost a "push" right?

greymatter
01-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Throwing the game winning touchdown was not what Lebron was doing and not a good comparison. That's my point. The game would be 3-5 points apart, and basically won. Lebron would just make it impossible to come back. A good comparison would be Lebron making the Field Goals after Montana's touchdown.

Games aren't "basically won" when they're only 3-5 points apart and with 2+ minutes left in the 4th. FYI, the Heat were down 12 with 3:53 left in game 5. Game 2 was tied with less than 3 minutes left in the game when Lebron made the key baskets and defensive plays to close it out. When you're scoring 3+ baskets in the last 5 minutes of the game on consecutive attempts, those are much more like touchdowns than field goals.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Lets take a look:

LeBron
Led Mia in 3s, FG, Pts, Rebs, Assts, Stl, and Avg 2blocks
25.8/7.8/6.6/2.4
Shot .447

Rose
Shot .350 taking 24FGA/gm while shooting SUBSTANTIALLY worse than the rest of the team.
Had same # of assts as LBJ
23.4ppg on 24shots/gm.
More TOs than anyone else in the series.

But the PPG were only 2.5 away so its almost a "push" right?
Stats alone can be misleading. Rose's number of shots were so high because they weren't really shots, they were heavily contested lay-ups which he got no calls for. That and being double teamed by Wade and Lebron, of course his percentage would be low.

Lebron did his part, but to say HE Beat the Bulls BY HIMSELF is crap. All the heat had to do was suffocate and stop Rose, and it worked.

Alamo
01-31-2012, 02:04 PM
I don't think Rose deserves the MVP this year, nor do I think he is the best in the league. That said, i don't see what's so wrong with his numbers...

Averaging 23 pts and 8 ast a game on 46% and 52% on 2 point fgs.

He does chuck quite a bit but I don't see where all the hate is coming from..

TheMan
01-31-2012, 02:05 PM

The Heat had 40 FTs vs the Bulls on Sunday...and this idiot ThatsGame has the nerve to post that shit.Dude, STFU

40 ****ing FTs

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Games aren't "basically won" when they're only 3-5 points apart and with 2+ minutes left in the 4th.
It is when there are no stops, and just traded baskets. For every shot Rose would put up, Lebron would reply. Since we can now look back in retrospect, the game was won at that point, cause Bulls couldn't get over the hump.

Glide2keva
01-31-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't think Rose deserves the MVP this year, nor do I think he is the best in the league. That said, i don't see what's so wrong with his numbers...

Averaging 23 pts and 8 ast a game on 46% and 52% on 2 point fgs.

He does chuck quite a bit but I don't see where all the hate is coming from..
They hate Rose fans. That's all it is. The thing is, they don't have anything to do but hate on Rose because they feel threatened that their idol might be unseated.

The thing is, Rose fans don't care about lebron or any other player. Rose isn't shooting well from 3 this year. But some what? He doesn't many bad shots. I can see if he was just out there just trhowing up shots for the hell of it, but that isn't the case.

You won't get that just looking at stats. The few games they do watch don't really tell the story. I don't mind him shooting 3's, can't make them if you don't take them. But the excessive amount of hate he gets just proves that he's doing something right.

That being said, he isn't in the MVP race IMO.

lebron is taking it this year, or Kevin Durant.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 02:12 PM
The Heat had 40 FTs vs the Bulls on Sunday...and this idiot ThatsGame has the nerve to post that shit.Dude, STFU

40 ****ing FTs
God Damn...didn't even realize it was that much...

TheMan
01-31-2012, 02:14 PM
When I opened this thread, somehow I knew Heat007 aka Hank aka ThatsGame was going to post an anti-Rose post, this jackass is scared shitless by Rose, hence all his trolling of Rose/Bulls threads always denigrating them:facepalm

As a Bulls fan, I have no trouble recognizing the Heat as our biggest obstacle to the Finals, ok, bring it on, I have confidence in a healthy Bulls vs the Heat, we'll either be good enough to beat them or we won't, but I don't go around trolling LBJ/Heat threads talking shit and downplaying them to make me feel better, that's soft...

ThatsGame is a fa.ggot

TheMan
01-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Did you just...not watch that recent Heat/Bulls game?
Heat shot 40 FTs you retard.How's that even possible?

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 02:31 PM
As a Bulls fan, I have no trouble recognizing the Heat as our biggest obstacle to the Finals, ok, bring it on, I have confidence in a healthy Bulls vs the Heat, we'll either be good enough to beat them or we won't, but I don't go around trolling LBJ/Heat threads talking shit and downplaying them to make me feel better, that's soft...

Exactly, I could understand all the haters if we were shit talking saying Rose is better than Lebron, and Bulls shit on the Heat.

All good Bulls fans say is that our top 3-5 player in the league that leads our very good team has a shot at the ship this year. Yet the hate comes from masses of Heat followers.

ThatsGame
01-31-2012, 02:34 PM

40 ****ing FTs

You're mad because you didn't watch the game.

TheMan
01-31-2012, 02:52 PM
You're mad because you didn't watch the game.
I watched it, obviously you didn't since you have the nerve to complain about FTs, Heat had 40 FTs, LBJ shot 15 FTs to Rose 14 but the funny thing is that Rose was attacking the rim much more than James and he still had more FTs?:wtf:

I don't like complaining about the refs but I gotta call you out when you complain about them especially when the Heat had 12 more FTs in that game:rant

Pretty sure if the Bulls had 40 FTs to the Heat 28, the Bulls would've won.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 02:57 PM
I watched it, obviously you didn't since you have the nerve to complain about FTs, Heat had 40 FTs, LBJ shot 15 FTs to Rose 14 but the funny thing is that Rose was attacking the rim much more than James and he still had more FTs?:wtf:

I don't like complaining about the refs but I gotta call you out when you complain about them especially when the Heat had 12 more FTs in that game:rant
OWNED

Alamo
01-31-2012, 03:06 PM

Pretty sure if the Bulls had 40 FTs to the Heat 28, the Bulls would've won.

This. I don't think he watched the game, Lebron got some pretty ridiculous calls too. ThatsGame probably only watched Rose the whole time, he could care less about the Heat :roll:

MASH Transit
01-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Ever seen Rose take someone off the dribble and pull up? Hit a turn around or fade away? Take his man in the post? Slaughter someone with the triple threat? Rarely if ever. He'll suck once his athleticism fades.

1rkrage
01-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Ever seen Rose take someone off the dribble and pull up? Hit a turn around or fade away? Take his man in the post? Slaughter someone with the triple threat? Me neither. He'll vanish once his athleticism fades.

MASH Transit
01-31-2012, 04:38 PM

What's the issue?

He's a scorer. He does so through slashing to the basket and contorting his body around the rim. As soon as legs get old, he'll quickly fade from the league. His game, outside of his tear drops, demands little skill and his jumper is wildly inconsistent.

His style of play doesn't lend itself to graceful aging.

comerb
01-31-2012, 04:44 PM

You couldn't spit last year without hitting a story about Rose

HurricaneKid
01-31-2012, 05:02 PM
It should have been more than 40 FTs.

The Bulls play an overly aggressive style of defense. Its fine (and my preferred style) but in a heated regular season game they are going to get a lot of calls against them. Thats the way officiating works. There were plenty that weren't called that could have been.

Go Getter
01-31-2012, 05:22 PM
He's going to need more help.

bagelred
01-31-2012, 05:25 PM
There is no chance Rose can win MVP........none.

That's because he won it last year. Right or wrong, no one is going to vote for him this year. No one.

TheMan
01-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Ever seen Rose take someone off the dribble and pull up? Hit a turn around or fade away? Take his man in the post? Slaughter someone with the triple threat? Rarely if ever. He'll suck once his athleticism fades.
Earth to MashTransit, very rarely do athletes dominate once their athleticism goes, MJ is the best example but go ahead and name me 5 other players who weren't Cs or PFs in NBA history who continued to dominate in their mid 30s and beyond...

It's called AGING, everyone goes through it:facepalm

hawksdogsbraves
01-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Rose's game does rely heavily (almost exclusively) on athleticism, so it's reasonable to think he'll fall off quickly as he loses his legs. However, even as kind of a Rose-hater, he's still so young that a) he won't lose his athleticism for a long time yet, and b) he has plenty of time to refine his other skills. His jumper has already improved, and he's a big guard so he should be able to develop a little bit of a post game. His size will help him as he gets older.

Celtics4ever
01-31-2012, 05:45 PM

They didnt change the roster? LMAO why are people so stupid on ISH. Where did Billups, Mo, butler come from?

You really think Clippers are good because of CP3? This is why I think CP3 is the most overrated player of all time. The guy gets overrated to the extreme.

Celtics4ever
01-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Rose is still the best player in the league. He is a complete player that plays 4 quarters, he has closed out every game besides the one in Miami and even that game he brought the bulls back. If that's not what you call the best player, then I dont know what is. A lot of Rose haters are LeBron fans, which makes sense, insecurity. Rose is everything LeBron was supposed to be, but LeBron lacks the will and desire.

che guevara
01-31-2012, 05:59 PM
:roll: LMAO @ 3 halfcourt shots per game. Just went through his shot charts, so far this season he's taken 5 shots outside 28 feet. A little less than the 3 per game that was suggested.

TheMan
01-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Rose's game does rely heavily (almost exclusively) on athleticism, so it's reasonable to think he'll fall off quickly as he loses his legs. However, even as kind of a Rose-hater, he's still so young that a) he won't lose his athleticism for a long time yet, and b) he has plenty of time to refine his other skills. His jumper has already improved, and he's a big guard so he should be able to develop a little bit of a post game. His size will help him as he gets older.
Rose is no MJ but let's not forget MJ relied on his athleticism early in his career, attacking the rim almost at will, his deadly jumper came later...like you said, Rose has time to add to his arsenal and I'm sure he will.

Sarcastic
01-31-2012, 06:12 PM
:roll: LMAO @ 3 halfcourt shots per game. Just went through his shot charts, so far this season he's taken 5 shots outside 28 feet. A little less than the 3 per game that was suggested.

So if we take away those 5 shots from his 84 total, we get 79.

25/79 = 31.6% from three point land this year. It's a slight bump, but not really significant in terms of being the sole reason for his low 3 point percentage.

ThatsGame
01-31-2012, 08:08 PM
There is no chance Rose can win MVP........none.

That's because he won it last year. Right or wrong, no one is going to vote for him this year. No one.

Especially after his ECF performance against the REAL MVP

ballinhun8
01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Especially after his ECF performance against the REAL MVP

Dwyane Wade? Udonis Haslem? Pat Riley?

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 08:50 PM
So if we take away those 5 shots from his 84 total, we get 79.

25/79 = 31.6% from three point land this year. It's a slight bump, but not really significant in terms of being the sole reason for his low 3 point percentage.
True, if only he would just shoot his 3's like everyone else. Everytime you see him shoot a 3, its with the shot clock on 01. If he would get the open look, I know it would be better, but then again, its hard to get an open look when you're double teamed almost every game.

Dwyane Wade? Udonis Haslem? Pat Riley?
Gotta be Riley...

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 09:00 PM
The Bolded he does do that or has done, he was doing a lot of that when his toe was injured this year. Why would he need to Post up as a PG?

A LOT of players start to suck when their athleticism fades. Luckily Rose works on his jumpshot every year.

MASH Transit
01-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Earth to MashTransit, very rarely do athletes dominate once their athleticism goes, MJ is the best example but go ahead and name me 5 other players who weren't Cs or PFs in NBA history who continued to dominate in their mid 30s and beyond...

It's called AGING, everyone goes through it:facepalm

Reggie Miller, John Stockton, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, and Ray Allen. Took me all of 30 seconds.

MASH Transit
01-31-2012, 09:16 PM
The Bolded he does do that or has done, he was doing a lot of that when his toe was injured this year. Why would he need to Post up as a PG?

A LOT of players start to suck when their athleticism fades. Luckily Rose works on his jumpshot every year.

Is this is a serious question? And before you answer; yes, the question is rhetorical. Just evidence that you don't know shit about basketball.

Tenchi Ryu
01-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Is this is a serious question? And before you answer; yes, the question is rhetorical. Just evidence that you don't know shit about basketball.
Proves you don't know shit about Rose...the **** he needs to post up for when he's small and fast enough to speed past people. That shit alone will last til he's 30. Cross-over, then zoom past. A.I still uses this technique. And even then, he STILL says he works on it, so that proves your statement of him relying purely on athleticism is bullshit.

TheMan
02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Reggie Miller, John Stockton, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, and Ray Allen. Took me all of 30 seconds.
lol@ that list...Miller, Stockton and Allen never relied on their athleticism, one is a PG who was a pass first and shoot from distance player, he never was an attack the rim kind of player, Miller and Allen's bread and butter was 3pt shooting off of screens:lol that's like saying Rip Hamilton is an athletic SG, we know that's not true, you need to learn some more basketball, brah.

I'll give you Bird but we've seen a significant drop off on KB from his prime years and he's not 35 yet so we'll shall see in a couple of years where he's, at stat wise.

MASH Transit
02-01-2012, 01:12 PM
lol@ that list...Miller, Stockton and Allen never relied on their athleticism, one is a PG who was a pass first and shoot from distance player, he never was an attack the rim kind of player, Miller and Allen's bread and butter was 3pt shooting off of screens:lol that's like saying Rip Hamilton is an athletic SG, we know that's not true, you need to learn some more basketball, brah.

I'll give you Bird but we've seen a significant drop off on KB from his prime years and he's not 35 yet so we'll shall see in a couple of years where he's, at stat wise.

1. That's my point

2. Ray Allen was very athletic, and relied on it as a combo guard earlier in his career.

3. You clowns don't know shit about basketball.

TheMan
02-01-2012, 01:20 PM
1. That's my point

2. Ray Allen was very athletic, and relied on it as a combo guard earlier in his career.

3. You clowns don't know shit about basketball.
You listed Bird as an athletic SF...Dominique Wilkins=athletic SF, Bird=not really.

You also listed Stockton and Miller:facepalm

Looks like you need to learn what atleticism means, I'll give you a hint...Westbrook is an athletic PG whereas Nash, not so much, got it?Or do you need more examples?:oldlol:

greymatter
02-01-2012, 02:41 PM
It is when there are no stops, and just traded baskets. For every shot Rose would put up, Lebron would reply. Since we can now look back in retrospect, the game was won at that point, cause Bulls couldn't get over the hump.

Case closed.

You're clearly more biased than even the dumbest fcuking Kobe-stan out there; yes even the douchebag who thinks Kobe would've averaged a triple double while putting up 40ppg if he had Lebron's body.

pauk
02-01-2012, 02:43 PM
shy away from rose? about time... because they sure the hell didnt shy away last season....

Tenchi Ryu
02-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Case closed.

You're clearly more biased than even the dumbest fcuking Kobe-stan out there; yes even the douchebag who thinks Kobe would've averaged a triple double while putting up 40ppg if he had Lebron's body.
Stop being butthurt. If anything, you just proved that you're another typical Rose hater. Always easy to pick out to since they usually react to statements that couldn't be more true. So you're gonna seriously tell me in the final 3 mins of those games, when Rose would put up a shot, Lebron didn't respond with one of his heavily contested 3's? GTFOH

ChandlerParsons
02-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Tenchi got owned talking about those 3s doe... lol
But, if Rose have the most wins in the East, they're not gonna "shy" away

Tenchi Ryu
02-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Tenchi got owned talking about those 3s doe... lol
But, if Rose have the most wins in the East, they're not gonna "shy" away
How I get owned....if anything, I did the owning. Basically once again having to deal with more people who are mad he got MVP last year. And the fact he's even talked about getting it again pisses them off.

*Edit
Oh you meant the threes lol...Yea I admit I was a little off with that one. But even that slight bump Sarcastic mentioned would be better than what he's putting up now. Still think he would be a better 3 point shooter if he would take normal open 3's.

ChandlerParsons
02-01-2012, 05:05 PM
How I get owned....if anything, I did the owning. Basically once again having to deal with more people who are mad he got MVP last year. And the fact he's even talked about getting it again pisses them off.

*Edit
Oh you meant the threes lol...Yea I admit I was a little off with that one. But even that slight bump Sarcastic mentioned would be better than what he's putting up now. Still think he would be a better 3 point shooter if he would take normal open 3's.
If he didn't take shots in people's faces ALL THE TIME, and only took open shots, his percentage would probably be good, but he always goes up and takes 3s on the line in people's faces, or off a screen or something... I think lol.

Brickz187
02-01-2012, 05:08 PM
I still don't get why Rose doesn't get the respect he deserves. He is a beast and went toe to toe with Lebron the other day. Of course the defense was a big reason why the Bulls were successful last season, but to say Rose had no part? He was the main scoring load all of last season for the team. Give the kid his respect. He won an MVP this early in his career and is still going strong this season. Rose is a much better player this season as well. He is getting better by year and has a drive to win. You got to respect that no matter who and what team you are a fan of.

Pharcyde
02-01-2012, 05:42 PM

*Edit

A moderator on RealGM made a post that showed the 3point percentage of Rose if you took away his last second heaves that he had and it went up a few percentage points.

Tenchi Ryu
02-01-2012, 05:46 PM
A moderator on RealGM made a post that showed the 3point percentage of Rose if you took away his last second heaves that he had and it went up a few percentage points.
I believe it...everytime Rose gets a VERY good look, nice spacing and feet planted, its going in. The problem is that he RARELY is able to get it off like this, cause like you said, its either being shot to avoid 24 second shot clock violation, or ALL up in someone's face.

Pharcyde
02-01-2012, 05:52 PM
That and last season there was a few games where he had half court shots at the end of quarters 2 or 3 times a game.