PDA

View Full Version : Who the hell is this Gustavo Ayon cat?

Clippersfan86
02-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Dude is ripping it up right now and had 16 vs OKC. His post moves and defense in the paint look legit... like it's not a fluke. His game is scrappy... reminds me of Eduardo Najera and no it isn't because they are both Mexican.

SpecialQue
02-01-2012, 09:50 PM
http://albumofawesomeness.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Cirque-Mexican-Cat.jpg

?

Clippersfan86
02-01-2012, 09:57 PM
http://albumofawesomeness.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Cirque-Mexican-Cat.jpg

?

:roll:

Richesly
02-01-2012, 10:02 PM
he did decent against the hawks, grabbed 8 or 10 points and a few boards

Lebron23
02-01-2012, 10:22 PM
He's better than Eduardo Najera. He might end up as the 2nd best Mexican Player right behind Mark Aguirre.

Xiao Yao You
02-02-2012, 04:03 AM
Don't forget Earl Watson. Didn't know Aguirre was Mexican.

JohnRuck
02-02-2012, 10:59 AM
per 48 minutes he is averaging 20 points ppg 11 boards, 3 blocks, 3 1/2 steals, and 4 assists

BUT he's only getting 8-11 minutes per game but i see that going up hopefully sooner than later

artificial
02-02-2012, 11:31 AM
He's better than Eduardo Najera. He might end up as the 2nd best Mexican Player right behind Mark Aguirre.
Mark Aguirre isn't mexican. His father was, but he never got mexican nationality.

Soultrane
02-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Could he be - very maybe - deserve a spot in the rookie all star game?

The_LA_Blakers
02-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Don't forget Earl Watson. Didn't know Aguirre was Mexican.

Earl Watson is from Kansas.

His mom is Mexican American, and because his grandparents were born in Mexico, he was allowed to play for their national team.

My 2nd cousins neighbors girlfriend is from Amsterdam, wonder if I could play on the Dutch national team?

Applause
02-17-2012, 11:28 PM
:applause:

Patrick Chewing
02-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Hornets have the ugliest team in basketball

iDunk
02-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Beaner city brah.

DCL
02-18-2012, 12:12 AM
I was just in mexico. In my impression, and i went to many places, its just not a basketball country. saw a few hoop courts and everyone, kids and adults, were just using them to play soccer. And when i finally saw people playing basketball, the level was very very low. so im kinda surprised mexico actually produced a couple nba players. its not like the u.s. or europe where u just see dudes playing ball everywhere on any court.

bdreason
02-18-2012, 04:07 AM
I was just in mexico. In my impression, and i went to many places, its just not a basketball country. saw a few hoop courts and everyone, kids and adults, were just using them to play soccer. And when i finally saw people playing basketball, the level was very very low. so im kinda surprised mexico actually produced a couple nba players. its not like the u.s. or europe where u just see dudes playing ball everywhere on any court.

My guess is that the "Mexicans" that play ball in College or the NBA were probably raised in the States, where you can find a hoop on every corner. Just a guess.

ukballer
02-18-2012, 04:14 AM
Hornets have the ugliest team in basketball

http://chanarchive.org/content/45_sci/3364691/1310259131259.png

guado
02-18-2012, 08:13 AM
My guess is that the "Mexicans" that play ball in College or the NBA were probably raised in the States, where you can find a hoop on every corner. Just a guess.

ha

"mexicans"

well, ayon doesn't speak any english. najera didn't move to the states until college. llamas as a teen.

manuel raga (first player drafted in the nba from an international league) is the best mexican player ever, born and raised in mexico.

swi7ch
02-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Didn't know Aguirre was Mexican.

Same. Thought he was all black power.

TheMan
02-18-2012, 10:41 AM
This annoys the hell out of me, I was born in Chicago of Mexican parents (my grandparents are from Texas, no wetback), I live in Mexico (business owner) and everytime I want to ball it up, fukking kids are playing mini-soccer on basketball courts.
I know soccer is the national sport but jesus, change it up a bit.
Baseball is pretty popular also as well as NFL football but nothing like futbol.
I've run into some kids that can ball but in general the level down here is crappy, like DCL stated.

TheMan
02-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Same. Thought he was all black power.
Aguirre is a Spanish last name, I remember tv anouncers would pronounce his like A-gwire, but it's really pronounced, Agi-ray.

TaLvsCuaL
02-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Tonight 9pts, 17rb, 4ast, 2stl, 1blk and 0 turnovers. :applause:

Clippersfan86
02-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Tonight 9pts, 17rb, 4ast, 2stl, 1blk and 0 turnovers. :applause:

Yea I saw he was on pace to set the franchise record in rebounds until he slowed down in 4th! Dude is such an animal haha. Seriously this guy seems to be delivering under the radar every game. I hate how the Clippers never seem to nag a player like this out of nowhere who tears it up. Where is our Gustavo Ayon?

qrich
02-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Yea I saw he was on pace to set the franchise record in rebounds until he slowed down in 4th! Dude is such an animal haha. Seriously this guy seems to be delivering under the radar every game. I hate how the Clippers never seem to nag a player like this out of nowhere who tears it up. Where is our Gustavo Ayon?

Bobby Simmons.

Mike Taylor was impressive, mainly at MSG, but then, they waived him, don't know why still.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Bobby Simmons.

Mike Taylor was impressive, mainly at MSG, but then, they waived him, don't know why still.

Fair enough... Bobby counts but he was a 1 hit wonder playing for a big contract IMO. Mike Taylor never played basketball the right way... he was just an explosive athlete. Similar to what we have in Bledsoe right now (though Bledsoe has more upside and work ethic).

TaLvsCuaL
02-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Ayon was one of the best player of the ACB league last year, and the ACB is the second best league in the world. It is not nowhere in my opinion.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Ayon was one of the best player of the ACB league last year, and the ACB is the second best league in the world. It is not nowhere in my opinion.

Fair enough. I'll admit I'm ignorant to basketball outside the NBA (I know, bad habit). I just mean... he wasn't super hyped coming to New Orleans or anything.

TaLvsCuaL
02-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Fair enough. I'll admit I'm ignorant to basketball outside the NBA (I know, bad habit). I just mean... he wasn't super hyped coming to New Orleans or anything.
He was the biggest surprise last year, nobody knew him.

GOBB
02-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Grinder, what do you have on this guy? :confusedshrug:

ZenMaster

American NBA fans are unfortunately very disconnected from the rest of the basketball world.

Clippersfan86
He was the biggest surprise last year, nobody knew him.

That tells me he's hungry and is an extremely hard worker... if he keeps surprising big everywhere he goes.