PDA

View Full Version : List of team JR Smith says he's interested in

OKCThunderUP
02-03-2012, 04:05 PM
RT @AdamZagoria JR Smith is considering the #Knicks, Clippers, Lakers, Thunder and Bulls, league sources told SNY.tv.

I hate JR Smith's crybaby attitude but there's no denying the kind of scoring he could bring to OKC, whether off the bench or in a starting role. It'd be HUGE. But I don't know that I'd want his personality in one of the tightest knit locker rooms in the league, ya know?

The Lakers would probably be the best destination he could pick. They need better guard play awfully bad.

wang4three
02-03-2012, 04:08 PM
He'd need to go to a coach that will be ok with his volatile production.

EricGordon23
02-03-2012, 04:08 PM
no way he should go to OKC. You got a two good shooting guards in seflosha and Harden. Thabo plays good D and harden comes off the bench to score. Also harden is a more efficient scorer then JR. He should go to the knicks Where he will have the green light to shoot.

Scholar
02-03-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't know if the Lakers are really in use of a score-first guard. We actually need a PG to take over the starting role.

FireDavidKahn
02-03-2012, 04:10 PM
RT @AdamZagoria JR Smith is considering the #Knicks, Clippers, Lakers, Thunder and Bulls, league sources told SNY.tv.

I hate JR Smith's crybaby attitude but there's no denying the kind of scoring he could bring to OKC, whether off the bench or in a starting role. It'd be HUGE. But I don't know that I'd want his personality in one of the tightest knit locker rooms in the league, ya know?

The Lakers would probably be the best destination he could pick. They need better guard play awfully bad.
Yes there is, OKC already has Harden for that.

WesWelkerACL
02-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Hopefully not OKC. That's a stolen franchise. Ideally it will be Chicago, a city with some history. Glad to see he's not interested in Miami.

Sarcastic
02-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Knicks or Lakers

http://twitter.com/#!/TheRealJRSmith/status/165366464004632576

How many people does the Garden seat?

http://twitter.com/#!/TheRealJRSmith/status/165387743386537984

How many people does staples seat?

StateOfMind12
02-03-2012, 04:13 PM
The Thunder don't need another perimeter scorer, they need a post-scorer. I am not sure how well Ibaka has been playing in the post as of late but I am assuming that they don't go to him that often.

Smith should either go to the Clippers, Bulls, or maybe even the Lakers.

Clippers need a legit two-guard because they just have a bunch of PGs or combo guards playing the two instead of an actual two-guard so Smith would be a good fit.

Bulls would be a good fit because they need more offense in general, not to mention Rip and Deng their 2nd and 3rd best perimeter players have been injured as of late. Rip is going to be out for a while while Deng might be back soon but he won't be a 100%.

Lakers would be a good signing as well since they need better defensive players on the perimeter and more offense and Smith would provide that.

I don't know why Smith would want to go to the Knicks. I guess it would suit him because he enjoys jacking up shots and everybody has the green light to shoot 3s in D'Antoni's system.

Fudge
02-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Hopefully not OKC. That's a stolen franchise. Ideally it will be Chicago, a city with some history. Glad to see he's not interested in Miami.
What?

fubu05
02-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Lol I swear JR is just milking all the eyes he has on him right now and is trolling the shit out of people :roll: That being said, I do think he goes to the Knicks. I think with them he'll be able to play the biggest role.

WesWelkerACL
02-03-2012, 04:16 PM
What?

What are you having a hard time understanding?

Rowe
02-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Knicks.

:oldlol: @ the thought of JR Smith in San Antonio with Popovich. That would be hilarious seeing them interact on the sideline.

iDunk
02-03-2012, 04:17 PM
I swear to God if he goes to the Clippers... Don't they already have a deep enough team?

Rnbizzle
02-03-2012, 04:18 PM
I want him on the Bulls. Dude could provide the instant offense off the bench we desperately need.

Fudge
02-03-2012, 04:20 PM
What are you having a hard time understanding?
No just an absurd, random response. What does the history of a certain franchise have any factor to what team he should end up going to?

IGOTGAME
02-03-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't know if the Lakers are really in use of a score-first guard. We actually need a PG to take over the starting role.

Lakers need scoring ASAP. The Lakers need shooting ASAP. Get JR over there now. He is gonna help a lot more than Ramon Sessions. They need a pg, but we also need a difference maker.

WesWelkerACL
02-03-2012, 04:21 PM
No just an absurd, random response. What does the history of a certain franchise have any factor to what team he should end up going to?

Ummm...I'm talking from a fans perspective. You do know none of us are actually JR SMith???

Fudge
02-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Ummm...I'm talking from a fans perspective. You do know none of us are actually JR SMith???
Clearly. Still a random response with the whole "OKC being a stolen franchise" bit.

Rowe
I want him on the Bulls. Dude could provide the instant offense off the bench we desperately need.
But he's not getting that many minutes when Rip & Deng return, unless they're trading away Korver who's their 3PT shooter.

OKCThunderUP

Your "perspective" is pretty stupid.

Unrelated question: Are you a Wes Welker fan?

niko
02-03-2012, 04:25 PM
He'd need to go to a coach that will be ok with his volatile production.
:facepalm well that's us. DAMN.

WesWelkerACL
02-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Clearly. Still a random response with the whole "OKC being a stolen franchise" bit.

I'll always root against them. As long as I live....Most of the teams he's considering are contenders. He could make the difference. Just hope they don't get him.

SpecialQue
02-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if he winds up on the Clippers.

Tenchi Ryu
02-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Yea....no thank you. His antics is too ****ing much for me. Don't want the guy who's family was just reported as fighting in China last week. Keep that shit moving please.

He would absolutely DESTROY our team chemistry, and Thibs would bench his ass every damn game.

SpecialQue
02-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Knicks or Lakers

http://twitter.com/#!/TheRealJRSmith/status/165366464004632576

http://twitter.com/#!/TheRealJRSmith/status/165387743386537984

The Clippers also play at Staples.

talkingconch
02-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Knicks.

:oldlol: @ the thought of JR Smith in San Antonio with Popovich. That would be hilarious seeing them interact on the sideline.
what? where did you see he listed Spurs?

Whoah10115
02-03-2012, 04:39 PM
JR Smith at OKC? Why?

Besides the fact that there is no need for him, the chemistry at OKC is far more important than the chemistry at Chicago. At least a case could be made for Chicago needing an injection of something into the offense, but OKC thrives because of its chemistry, more than anything else. It makes less sense than the suggestion that they need what he brings to the table.

1rkrage
02-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Yea....no thank you. His antics is too ****ing much for me. Don't want the guy who's family was just reported as fighting in China last week. Keep that shit moving please.

He would absolutely DESTROY our team chemistry, and Thibs would bench his ass every damn game.
Re watch the Miami 76ers Memphis and warriors games again and tell that with a straight face. chemistry means jack squat in the playoffs imo. And the bulls are poised to take at least 1 headcase with rose thibs and noah enforcing.

tikay0
02-03-2012, 05:00 PM

Man sit down, no one was asking you. What are you like 43? The bulls can have 1 nutcase on the team, win win situation. He does good, awesome. He stirs it up in the locker room, sit him or cut him. Simple as that. He's going to be the new guy, he has to impress us to get any playing time.

Tenchi Ryu
02-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Man sit down, no one was asking you.
Who asked me, the thread did...since I'm a Bulls fan? :wtf:

What are you like 43? The bulls can have 1 nutcase on the team, win win situation. He does good, awesome. He stirs it up in the locker room, sit him or cut him. Simple as that. He's going to be the new guy, he has to impress us to get any playing time.

Well if that's the case, his ass will be on the bench 24/7. First of all, His decision making is questionable at times. Second, in order for Smith to get hot and in rhythm, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and in control of it. He is not a good spot up shooter, he gets hot off of controlling the ball. That does NOT work on the Bulls team, in order to be a successful Bull, you have to be waiting for Rose to chuck you the ball.

And yes, the chemistry DOES mean something. JR is the type of player that looks for HIS shot first before someone else's. The main thing that MAKES a fully healthy Bulls team successful is that the Ball moves around so well. That shit would instantly cease with the ball in JRs hands.

If he was ready to join a team, do his part to get a championship, cool, let him join. But when you start tweeting shit like "done coming off the bench", that's the kinda shit that makes you not even want to do this deal. Its crazy to say "Chemistry doesn't mean nothing" when this ENTIRE team runs off chemistry.

Noof
02-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I hope he signs with the Lakers. We need another guard really badly, plus it would also help our SF situation because Kobe could play some more 3 with this guy in the lineup.

MeLO MvP 15
02-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Really surprised not to see the Spurs there and to see OKC there.

If OKC hated Nate then they'd want no part of JR (although personally I don't think it's justified). And I always thought that Pop would be one coach that could turn JR into a legit player.

I desperately want him on NY. He'd be sooo perfect. JR can score and we're lacking scoring (specifically shooting). As much as all the critics like to say, "why does NY need ANOTHER scorer?" (I've seen that sooo many times on ISH), anybody who has watched our games could tell that we desperately need another scorer.

2swift4u
02-03-2012, 05:45 PM
I bet he's going to the Clippers like anybody else!:D

IGOTGAME
02-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Who asked me, the thread did...since I'm a Bulls fan? :wtf:

Well if that's the case, his ass will be on the bench 24/7. First of all, His decision making is questionable at times. Second, in order for Smith to get hot and in rhythm, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and in control of it. He is not a good spot up shooter, he gets hot off of controlling the ball. That does NOT work on the Bulls team, in order to be a successful Bull, you have to be waiting for Rose to chuck you the ball.

And yes, the chemistry DOES mean something. JR is the type of player that looks for HIS shot first before someone else's. The main thing that MAKES a fully healthy Bulls team successful is that the Ball moves around so well. That shit would instantly cease with the ball in JRs hands.

If he was ready to join a team, do his part to get a championship, cool, let him join. But when you start tweeting shit like "done coming off the bench", that's the kinda shit that makes you not even want to do this deal. Its crazy to say "Chemistry doesn't mean nothing" when this ENTIRE team runs off chemistry.

that is just false. he is just a really good shooter. This guy catch's and shoots perfectly fine.

Also, I think the Bulls need someone like JR that can attack the rim and shoot 3 pointers effectively. The one thing Chicago is missing is firepower imo and this gives them some.

MeLO MvP 15
02-03-2012, 05:48 PM
As much as I'd love to put stock into those tweets, I think that's JR being JR. Just like how Kenyon was tweeting about playing in NYK and Dallas a few times... but he's with LAC.

I actually think Minnesotta would be the best fit, but he won't go there unless they pay and I can't see them giving him big money.

bstickq1
02-03-2012, 06:03 PM
He is not a good spot up shooter, he gets hot off of controlling the ball. That does NOT work on the Bulls team, in order to be a successful Bull, you have to be waiting for Rose to chuck you the ball.

I know I read on one of the Bulls forums that he shot almost 50% in spot up threes last season... don't know where they got their info though

kjarnorkudori
02-03-2012, 06:05 PM
I'd like to see him with OKC, brings an extra scorer from the bench that can play both the 2 and 3 positions. Could also see him start against teams without an offensive threat at the 2 position.

LA_Showtime
02-03-2012, 06:08 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Smith was referring to the Clippers when he asked how many people Staples Center held. He just has that type of personality. With that said, I would love for the Lakers to sign him. He's an explosive scorer, an underrated play maker, a solid defender, and one of the most athletic two-guards in the league. I know he's got a reputation for being stupid and immature, but he's since outgrown that label and it's about time people recognize that. I fully endorse JR Smith in a Lakers uniform. :applause:

Bosnian Sajo
02-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Jr signs mle (or mid mle?) and then sign and trade with Denver for Wilson Chandler :D

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Seems like Kobe hates JR when they play.

Clippersfan86
02-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Jr Smith: "I wonder what I'd look like in red white and blue?".

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE CLIPPERS. Unless the leaders on our team can keep his as* in check and he accepts a bench role.. we don't need him.

StateOfMind12
02-03-2012, 06:15 PM

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE CLIPPERS. Unless the leaders on our team can keep his as* in check and he accepts a bench role.. we don't need him.
Clippers don't even have a legit 2-guard. Clippers should take him if they get the chance. Smith would probably elevate them into a legit contender and maybe even the favorites out West.

I feel like a lot of people don't know how good Smith is.

Bosnian Sajo
02-03-2012, 06:15 PM

He hated Artest and Barnes too :confusedshrug: Look at em now.

LA_Showtime
02-03-2012, 06:16 PM

There's nothing to keep in check. Smith isn't going to sign with the Clippers and destroy team chemistry, jack up shots, play no defense, and complain about his role. That's not his style at all. The only reason he's got a bad reputation is because he used to be an idiot and he played on the Nuggets.

Smith would make your team exponentially better. He's a deadly outside shooter, one of the best athletes in the league, an underrated passer, and a solid defender. He would spread the floor and make life easier for Paul and Griffin. I would argue that he'd impact the game more so than Butler or Billups does right now.

LA_Showtime
02-03-2012, 06:16 PM

Which means Smith is competitive. I would love to sign the guy. He would be a huge get.

Fiasco
02-03-2012, 06:17 PM
God, if Smith signed with us.... I might just cry a little.

Martin and potentially Smith on this team makes me feel things I haven't felt in a while.

Clippersfan86
02-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Clippers don't even have a legit 2-guard. Clippers should take him if they get the chance. Smith would probably elevate them into a legit contender and maybe even the favorites out West.

I feel like a lot of people don't know how good Smith is.

I've watched him countless times. He's an INCREDIBLY gifted player. If his attitude and work ethic was right he could be a superstar in this league. Problem is... the dude brings drama wherever he goes. We have a very close group of guys who spend a ton of time together off the court and on the court. It's a risk to bring an unpredictable personality into the picture like him.

Maybe since we have Kenyon and Billups, his ex teammates.. they will be able to control him.

hawkfan
02-03-2012, 06:19 PM
The Knicks need a shooting guard badly. As long as Carmelo wants him there, then that's a great fit. If the Knicks actually get Baron Davis on the court, they finally have a solid starting 5, with Shumpert more suited to being a sixth man in his rookie season.

The Lakers would also be a good fit, as Kobe can handle his knuckleheadness.

That said, he may come back a more mature person having spent time overseas.

Clippersfan86
02-03-2012, 06:21 PM
There's nothing to keep in check. Smith isn't going to sign with the Clippers and destroy team chemistry, jack up shots, play no defense, and complain about his role. That's not his style at all. The only reason he's got a bad reputation is because he used to be an idiot and he played on the Nuggets.

Smith would make your team exponentially better. He's a deadly outside shooter, one of the best athletes in the league, an underrated passer, and a solid defender. He would spread the floor and make life easier for Paul and Griffin. I would argue that he'd impact the game more so than Butler or Billups does right now.

I'll take your word for it. He would really have to buy into a team first concept though. Do you guys think already having 2 of his recent ex teammates on the team would help lure him?

SpecialQue
02-03-2012, 06:22 PM

To be fair, during the CP3 trade talks you also said you didn't want him on the Clippers because he was acting like a drama queen. We both know how well that's working out.

greymatter
02-03-2012, 06:24 PM
He's a cancer. So I guess that means he'd be a perfect fit for the Knicks?

LA_Showtime
I'll take your word for it. He would really have to buy into a team first concept though. Do you guys think already having 2 of his recent ex teammates on the team would help lure him?

He'll buy into the team concept. He's never been a selfish player.

Clippersfan86
To be fair, during the CP3 trade talks you also said you didn't want him on the Clippers because he was acting like a drama queen. We both know how well that's working out.

:( touche. Maybe he will convince me otherwise. I just get worried man. For the first time in Clippers history (and my 13 years as a fan) they have a team that can REALLY win a ring in the next couple years and change the culture. If we get too many hot heads or trouble makers I feel like we will ruin the chemistry and joy around here.

You can tell our guys LOVE playing together and are incredibly happy here. I wouldn't want one guy messing that up.

LA_Showtime
02-03-2012, 06:27 PM
:( touche. Maybe he will convince me otherwise. I just get worried man. For the first time in Clippers history (and my 13 years as a fan) they have a team that can REALLY win a ring in the next couple years and change the culture. If we get too many hot heads or trouble makers I feel like we will ruin the chemistry and joy around here.

You can tell our guys LOVE playing together and are incredibly happy here. I wouldn't want one guy messing that up.

Smith isn't a hot head or trouble maker anymore. He's cut contact with a lot of people of questionable character, and his on-the-court issues are more of a reflection of George Karl's coaching IMO.

Clippersfan86
02-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Smith isn't a hot head or trouble maker anymore. He's cut contact with a lot of people of questionable character, and his on-the-court issues are more of a reflection of George Karl's coaching IMO.

George is known to rile up his players. Okay you have convinced me. SIGN Jr Smith! LOL. Seriously though I thought he said he doesn't want the mini mid of 2.5 mill from Knicks? So would he take that same amount from Clippers?

Riley Martin
02-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Chauncey, J.R. and K-Mart back on the same team would be.. interesting

IGOTGAME
02-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I've watched him countless times. He's an INCREDIBLY gifted player. If his attitude and work ethic was right he could be a superstar in this league. Problem is... the dude brings drama wherever he goes. We have a very close group of guys who spend a ton of time together off the court and on the court. It's a risk to bring an unpredictable personality into the picture like him.

Maybe since we have Kenyon and Billups, his ex teammates.. they will be able to control him.

yea, because JR doesn't work hard. He just woke up one day and became one of the best shooting in the league. Cool Story.

Clippersfan86
02-03-2012, 06:34 PM
yea, because JR doesn't work hard. He just woke up one day and became one of the best shooting in the league. Cool Story.

The fact that he's as gifted as he is... yet has never become the all star he has the tools to become.. tells me he doesn't have the right kind of work ethic. Or maybe it was a fluke and he just needs the right opportunity. Time will tell.

LA_Showtime
02-03-2012, 06:35 PM
George is known to rile up his players. Okay you have convinced me. SIGN Jr Smith! LOL. Seriously though I thought he said he doesn't want the mini mid of 2.5 mill from Knicks? So would he take that same amount from Clippers?

I hope he doesn't. :oldlol: Hopefully he "takes the money" and signs with LA, assuming we can offer him more than you guys (doubtful).

I actually think Smith at point guard is very intriguing. He's that good of a facilitator.

TMT
02-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I think he'd be a huge pickup for the Thunder. They would have two deadly shooting guards in Harden and Smith, either of which could start or come off the bench. Move Sefolasha to the bench and play him behind Durant. I think that's a deadly team right there.

UtahJazzFan88
02-03-2012, 06:40 PM
I think the best fit for him is the Lakers. Lakers need a 6th man off the bench that can score a lot and give Kobe a bit more rest, JR Smith does that. Can JR play PG or SF at all, I'm curious how versatile he could be when Kobe is obviously the SG.

chairman
I hope he doesn't. :oldlol: Hopefully he "takes the money" and signs with LA, assuming we can offer him more than you guys (doubtful).

I actually think Smith at point guard is very intriguing. He's that good of a facilitator.
No he isn't:facepalm He can't handle the ball. Plus Kobe doesnt want smith on the lakers

Burgz

this just in, players want to play for good teams

JR wishful thinking? just because he dominated China doesn't mean NBA GM's forgot what type of player he is on and off the court

he's gonna need to take a pay cut or else he can enjoy his time in China for the rest of the season

Noof
02-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I thought you guys were already using the mini MLE on kmart. Wouldn't both LA teams only be able to offer him the minimum?

LA_Showtime
02-03-2012, 06:42 PM
No he isn't:facepalm He can't handle the ball. Plus Kobe doesnt want smith on the lakers

He wouldn't be the starting point guard or anything like that, but he could finish games at the one, or Kobe could slide to the three and he could finish games at shooting guard.

Have you seen the Lakers point guards? Even though he's a shooting guard, he would still be our best point guard. :oldlol:

RazorBaLade
02-03-2012, 06:42 PM
The lakers would have a preeeeeeeetty good amount of shooters if JR smith were to sign.

Does he know how to pass? He could be a 2nd unit guy next to bynum murph and glock, lotttts of shooters.. or finish games with kobe pau bynu

Clippersfan86
02-03-2012, 06:44 PM
I thought you guys were already using the mini MLE on kmart. Wouldn't both LA teams only be able to offer him the minimum?

Clippers used mini mid but they still have two trade exceptions worth 2.8 or 3.8 million from the CP3 trade. They can definitely pay him around 3 mill a year.

chairman
02-03-2012, 06:44 PM
He wouldn't be the starting point guard or anything like that, but he could finish games at the one, or Kobe could slide to the three.

Have you seen the Lakers point guards? Even though he's a shooting guard, he would still be our best point guard. :oldlol:
lol nevermind you have a point, he would make a better point then any of them:hammerhead:

chairman
02-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Sorry he is going to the Chicago Bulls:banana:

Noof
02-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Clippers used mini mid but they still have two trade exceptions worth 2.8 or 3.8 million from the CP3 trade. They can definitely pay him around 3 mill a year.
Ah, ok. I suppose the Lakers could break up the Odom TPE and sign him with a piece of it. JR Smith would be a nice return for Odom.

I remember the owners wanting to restrict teams over the cap from doing sign-and-trades, did that not end up in the CBA?

LA_Showtime
02-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Ah, ok. I suppose the Lakers could break up the Odom TPE and sign him with a piece of it. JR Smith would be a nice return for Odom.

I remember the owners wanting to restrict teams over the cap from doing sign-and-trades, did that not end up in the CBA?

You can't do that.

kingBynum
02-03-2012, 08:00 PM
He'll end up on the Clippers. Clips will then have evans, billups, Kmart, and JR as former nuggets on their roster

longtime lurker
02-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I think the best fit for him is the Lakers. Lakers need a 6th man off the bench that can score a lot and give Kobe a bit more rest, JR Smith does that. Can JR play PG or SF at all, I'm curious how versatile he could be when Kobe is obviously the SG.

Good idea. If they picked up Smith and traded for Sessions then the Lakers would be be strong contenders again. JR smith on the Knicks seems like a disaster waiting to happen. The final nail in the coffin to the Knicks season.

niko
02-03-2012, 08:29 PM
No S and T to be allowed so no trade exceptions will be in play.

dude77
02-03-2012, 09:06 PM

what's that supposed to mean .. so you don't acknowledge okc's existence ?

and what's wrong with Miami ? not enough history for ya ? or something else you don't like about them .. guess you have a lot of beef with a lot of teams

ConanRulesNBC
02-03-2012, 09:30 PM
I want to see him on the Bulls now that Rip Hamilton is always injured it seems.

Noof
02-03-2012, 09:35 PM
You can't do that.
Sorry meant sign and trade. Denver probably wouldn't help us though.

Tenchi Ryu
02-03-2012, 09:56 PM
I want to see him on the Bulls now that Rip Hamilton is always injured it seems.
Rip is not always getting injured though...the problem is that the first injury that he got has never completely healed. This is definitely to blame on this short season's schedule, and him coming in too soon. He now needs to rest, and let it completely heal this time.

NugzFan
02-03-2012, 10:03 PM
No S and T to be allowed so no trade exceptions will be in play.

pretty sure none of that is a concern to CF86.