PDA

View Full Version : What a difference exercise makes.

ConanRulesNBC
02-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I just did 2 miles on the treadmill tonight, I did 3 yesterday and 2 on Wednesday. I feel so much better right now than I did a few days ago.

AirTupac
02-03-2012, 10:58 PM
I often go to random stores and practice full on body tackles on boxes. I'm now 6'6 and 250lbs of muscle.

ZeN
02-03-2012, 11:00 PM
I often go to random stores and practice full on body tackles on boxes. I'm now 6'6 and 250lbs of muscle.
:oldlol:

Jasper
02-03-2012, 11:03 PM
1st of the year , altered my diet , no beer intake , wine during the weekends and working more so on my core......

And I feel better , in and out of bed :D

ConanRulesNBC
02-03-2012, 11:04 PM

I'm getting in shape for Black Friday.

hoopaddict08
02-03-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm going to have to start exercising again. I started running and eating healthy early last year and lost a ton of weight. But ever since the holidays I have been eating and eating. I have gained probably 15 pounds since October. I feel horrible, and have been feeling depressed the last few weeks. Def need to start running again and changing my diet.

Meticode
02-03-2012, 11:10 PM
I just did 2 miles on the treadmill tonight, I did 3 yesterday and 2 on Wednesday. I feel so much better right now than I did a few days ago.
I started running 21 days ago. Out of those 21 days I've ran 14 days and was sick or resting on 7 of those. In 21 days I've lost 14.4 pounds.

It'll be interesting to see what happens the next few days because before Thursday I was running maybe 30 minutes and burning about 300 calories.

On Thursday I ran 2 hours straight with rest walking in between and burned approx 131 carbs, 825 calories in 7.25 miles. Today I ran for 2h20 minutes, burned 151 carbs, 1013 calories in 8.75 miles.

Between yesterday and today I lost 1.2 pounds. But so far everything has been awesome. When I get down to around 200 I'll probably start mixing in some strength training.

hoopaddict08
02-03-2012, 11:16 PM
I started running 21 days ago. Out of those 21 days I've ran 14 days and was sick or resting on 7 of those. In 21 days I've lost 14.4 pounds.

It'll be interesting to see what happens the next few days because before Thursday I was running maybe 30 minutes and burning about 300 calories.

On Thursday I ran 2 hours straight with rest walking in between and burned approx 131 carbs, 825 calories in 7.25 miles. Today I ran for 2h20 minutes, burned 151 carbs, 1013 calories in 8.75 miles.

Between yesterday and today I lost 1.2 pounds. But so far everything has been awesome. When I get down to around 200 I'll probably start mixing in some strength training.

Congrats man :applause:

I honestly suck at running. I run for about 12 mins straight and give up. Keep up the good work.

SuperPippen
02-03-2012, 11:29 PM

Great job on the weight loss, man. 14 and a half pounds in 3 weeks? Very impressive.

I've been looking to lose some weight, as well, as I feel that I could definitely be in better shape. I realize that you're probably not an expert on fitness, but, in your opinion, how much weight do you think a 193 lb, 6'3" guy could lose in the span of about 2 months or so?

Meticode
02-03-2012, 11:34 PM

I honestly suck at running. I run for about 12 mins straight and give up. Keep up the good work.
I found out what was sucking about running for me. I kept looking at the treadmill stats too much. So what I did was cover them up and now I run by what music I have on. If I have a really good song I'll tear the shit out of that treadmill. If it's something I really can't get into running hard I'll power walk at 3MPH or 4MPH.

Then when I feel like I'm about to give up I'll peak at the status and see I've burned 700 calories. And I'll think, "No, f*ck that I'm getting 1000." So I'll cover the stats up again and go back at it like I was.

Meticode
02-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Great job on the weight loss, man. 14 and a half pounds in 3 weeks? Very impressive.

I've been looking to lose some weight, as well, as I feel that I could definitely be in better shape. I realize that you're probably not an expert on fitness, but, in your opinion, how much weight do you think a 193 lb, 6'3" guy could lose in the span of about 2 months or so?
It'll definitely take longer I think. I think the average weight for someone that tall as a male is probably like 170-180 probably. I'm 6'1" and should be at around 170-ish. When I get down between 200-210 I plan to do some lifting in-between some cardio to get a little bit a muscle so I hope to be between 190-200 and look pretty fit. come summer time.

To be honest though I would have no idea. I lost a lot of weight fast because I was at 238. I'm down to 223.6 right now, but a big portion of that is because I'm eating tons better now and now binging out on snack food. There were times i would eat a whole back of Oreos with milk in like 20 minutes. I've cut out all the sweets. I might have a snickers bar once a week or so, and in between meals I'll eat fresh fruit now and not chips or snacks.

The hardest part of all of this is when it comes night time. I'm a horrible eater after dinner. And eating right before you go to sleep is the worse thing you can do and I did a lot of it. I still feel this urges to eat at around 9-10 o'clock. But I've been able to control it with a few shelled walnuts and a glass of water.

Meticode
02-03-2012, 11:43 PM

I can't run at 12 minutes straight. I'll run at like 5-6 mins, then rest walk for about 2-3 minutes then pump it back up again. Don't feel bad about running the whole freakin' time. They keep is to keep the heart-rate up and not just shut it down. You'll feel a lot better if you go for 30-60 minutes of running mostly then walking in-between. Usually I'll run at 6-8MPH for about 5 minutes, then walk for 1-2 minutes in between that. I tried 10MPH yesterday which is the max and I can't keep up with it yet. I did it for 25 seconds and I was like' F*ck, f*ck, f*ck" and turned it down with the quickness because I was going to lose control and fall of the treadmill.

SuperPippen
02-04-2012, 12:13 AM
It'll definitely take longer I think. I think the average weight for someone that tall as a male is probably like 170-180 probably. I'm 6'1" and should be at around 170-ish. When I get down between 200-210 I plan to do some lifting in-between some cardio to get a little bit a muscle so I hope to be between 190-200 and look pretty fit. come summer time.

To be honest though I would have no idea. I lost a lot of weight fast because I was at 238. I'm down to 223.6 right now, but a big portion of that is because I'm eating tons better now and now binging out on snack food. There were times i would eat a whole back of Oreos with milk in like 20 minutes. I've cut out all the sweets. I might have a snickers bar once a week or so, and in between meals I'll eat fresh fruit now and not chips or snacks.

The hardest part of all of this is when it comes night time. I'm a horrible eater after dinner. And eating right before you go to sleep is the worse thing you can do and I did a lot of it. I still feel this urges to eat at around 9-10 o'clock. But I've been able to control it with a few shelled walnuts and a glass of water.

I hear you there. I, too, eat too much at night. It's definitely a difficult habit to curb, but it makes a significant difference when you do.

My brother stands at 6'4.5" and, at around this time last year, he weighed 245 lbs. Today, he weighs around 175. He accomplished this primarily through a lot of jogging, and a significant change in his eating habits. I can't have my 25 year old brother in better shape than me.

My goal is to lose 20-25 pounds in the next 2.5 months or so. Can any of the more knowledgeable posters here tell me if that's a realistic goal or not? I've already cut back on the vast majority of my negative eating habits, and I'm willing to include any sort of cardiovascular exercise into my regimen.

Meticode
02-04-2012, 12:17 AM
I hear you there. I, too, eat too much at night. It's definitely a difficult habit to curb, but it makes a significant difference when you do.

My brother stands at 6'4.5" and, at around this time last year, he weighed 245 lbs. Today, he weighs around 175. He accomplished this primarily through a lot of jogging, and a significant change in his eating habits. I can't have my 25 year old brother in better shape than me.

My goal is to lose 20-25 pounds in the next 2.5 months or so. Can any of the more knowledgeable posters here tell me if that's a realistic goal or not? I've already cut back on the vast majority of my negative eating habits, and I'm willing to include any sort of cardiovascular exercise into my regimen.
It's easier for me to do because I have a treadmill in my house. Otherwise if you have to go somewhere to exercise or go outside when it's cold, it's much harder to get motivated. Otherwise you can always do something like P90X or Insanity as well.

Jasper
02-04-2012, 12:36 AM
used a run alot , foot issues , move to a bike

Talked with my doctor about weight loss , toning bod and he said the bike is a good thing.

I am think about getting a stationary bike again... as well as a road bike this summer.
The mountain bike was a.o.k. , but legit workouts on a road bike seems better for me.

Congrad's on the weight loss Met-code

Just remember it isn't speed , but steady pace and length of time , that running generates benefits.

ConanRulesNBC
02-04-2012, 12:41 AM

That's awesome.

Back in 2008 I was doing the treadmill hardcore. At least 3 miles a day and doing about 3 miles in less than 40 minutes. Which I know isn't a whole lot to those people who run a crazy amount but for someone like me who could do at best a 15 minute mile in high school it was impressive. I got down to 240 (I was probably at 270 if not more at the beginning of the year) and that's when I was actually weighed. I think by the end of the summer I was 230 which is probably the lowest I've weighed since my sophomore year of high school. Anyways, our treadmill was about 8 years old at that point and broke. We fixed it and it had problems until the end of '09 when we finally got a new one. I've been doing it once in a while since then but the way I've been feeling the past 3 days I'm keeping it up again.

I'm probably back up to about 270. But I've given up drinking regular pepsi on a regular basis and have lost some weight the past few weeks. I'm fitting into jeans that didn't fit at all around the holidays. So I decided to start doing the treadmill now and keep it up. A reasonable goal for me is I want to get down to 230 again by June. My main goal is to get down to about 190-200.

rufuspaul
02-04-2012, 12:48 AM
My treadmill workout: 10 minutes at 3.7mph and 5 degree incline, 20 min at 5.5 mph level, 5 min. at 3.7 mph level, 10 min. at 4 mph and 5 degree incline, 5 min. at 3.7 mph level. I do that 3 times per week with lifting, pushups/situps/yoga on the off days. I'm 6'1, 190.

Meticode
02-04-2012, 12:52 AM
That's awesome.

Back in 2008 I was doing the treadmill hardcore. At least 3 miles a day and doing about 3 miles in less than 40 minutes. Which I know isn't a whole lot to those people who run a crazy amount but for someone like me who could do at best a 15 minute mile in high school it was impressive. I got down to 240 (I was probably at 270 if not more at the beginning of the year) and that's when I was actually weighed. I think by the end of the summer I was 230 which is probably the lowest I've weighed since my sophomore year of high school. Anyways, our treadmill was about 8 years old at that point and broke. We fixed it and it had problems until the end of '09 when we finally got a new one. I've been doing it once in a while since then but the way I've been feeling the past 3 days I'm keeping it up again.

I'm probably back up to about 270. But I've given up drinking regular pepsi on a regular basis and have lost some weight the past few weeks. I'm fitting into jeans that didn't fit at all around the holidays. So I decided to start doing the treadmill now and keep it up. A reasonable goal for me is I want to get down to 230 again by June. My main goal is to get down to about 190-200.
All I can say is keep at it.

skan72
02-04-2012, 01:01 AM
I've been "consistently" hitting the weights, doing cardio, and yoga for about 2 weeks now, and I've, obviously, seen absolutely no physical results yet; however, I feel way more confident in myself. I love it. Can't wait until the physical results match the mental.

Meticode
02-04-2012, 01:05 AM
I've been "consistently" hitting the weights, doing cardio, and yoga for about 2 weeks now, and I've, obviously, seen absolutely no physical results yet; however, I feel way more confident in myself. I love it. Can't wait until the physical results match the mental.
How are you eating habits before and after starting this?

skan72
02-04-2012, 01:10 AM
How are you eating habits before and after starting this?

I don't eat junk food generally (maybe once every 3-4 weeks?), but I do overeat when I eat. Stupid, I know, but I have a tough time stopping. I try to have a protein-filled breakfast - a couple eggs, some cheese, tomato chunks and a banana. After that just kinda random, but decently healthy stuff for snacks, lunch, snacks, and dinner...

Bad? Good? Really bad?

highwhey
02-04-2012, 01:16 AM
My treadmill workout: 10 minutes at 3.7mph and 5 degree incline, 20 min at 5.5 mph level, 5 min. at 3.7 mph level, 10 min. at 4 mph and 5 degree incline, 5 min. at 3.7 mph level. I do that 3 times per week with lifting, pushups/situps/yoga on the off days. I'm 6'1, 190.
major DILF (dentist/dad i'd like to f*ck)

Meticode
02-04-2012, 01:29 AM
I don't eat junk food generally (maybe once every 3-4 weeks?), but I do overeat when I eat. Stupid, I know, but I have a tough time stopping. I try to have a protein-filled breakfast - a couple eggs, some cheese, tomato chunks and a banana. After that just kinda random, but decently healthy stuff for snacks, lunch, snacks, and dinner...

Bad? Good? Really bad?
I'm no expert, but if you're not seeing any changes in a month you might want to change it.

skan72
02-04-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm no expert, but if you're not seeing any changes in a month you might want to change it.

Will consider it and try to eat less. Thanks.

Lakers Legend#32
02-04-2012, 02:31 AM
Ran 9 miles today and burned off 1,100 calories, and I feel great!

hoopaddict08
02-04-2012, 10:25 AM

Dude I'm the same way.

Last year about this time I was around 190. I decided I wanted to lose just 10 pounds; so I started eating healthier and would do my best at running outside and on the treadmill. I became a little too obsessed with what went into my body that I ended up dropping down to 140 pounds in just a few months. I'm about 160 now. My problem now is that my junk food cravings are back and I can't stop eating junk. Yesterday for example I just ate a good healthy dinner. A half hour later I had the worst craving for something sweet, next thing you know I am raiding the cupboard and fridge eating just about everything. I wasn't even hungry.

For me I think a big problem is that this time of year always makes me a little depressed. It's cold, there is not a whole lot to do, and for some reason I turn to food.

Meticode
02-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Dude I'm the same way.

Last year about this time I was around 190. I decided I wanted to lose just 10 pounds; so I started eating healthier and would do my best at running outside and on the treadmill. I became a little too obsessed with what went into my body that I ended up dropping down to 140 pounds in just a few months. I'm about 160 now. My problem now is that my junk food cravings are back and I can't stop eating junk. Yesterday for example I just ate a good healthy dinner. A half hour later I had the worst craving for something sweet, next thing you know I am raiding the cupboard and fridge eating just about everything. I wasn't even hungry.

For me I think a big problem is that this time of year always makes me a little depressed. It's cold, there is not a whole lot to do, and for some reason I turn to food.
It's the obesegenes getting to you!

hoopaddict08
02-04-2012, 10:42 AM
It's the obesegenes getting to you!

Yeah I know I'm not fat. But over-eating makes me feel like crap but when I get in one of those moods I always resort to food. It's not healthy, and something I want to to stop doing.

GilZero
02-04-2012, 11:51 AM
used a run alot , foot issues , move to a bike

Talked with my doctor about weight loss , toning bod and he said the bike is a good thing.

I am think about getting a stationary bike again... as well as a road bike this summer.
The mountain bike was a.o.k. , but legit workouts on a road bike seems better for me.

Dude! You should really try swimming, at first i HATED every minute of it, but after doing at 3 days a week for just a few weeks it feels great. better than running och cycling imo

step_back
02-04-2012, 12:01 PM
I've lost 8.8 lbs since new year. Mostly doing weight training at the moment. Once it gets a bit warmer I'm going to start playing more basketball for my cardio.

And yes exercise is great. The nice feeling you get after exercise is from endorphins. :bowdown:

SlayerEnraged
02-04-2012, 01:31 PM

They're kind of baby just man up type of feelings but honestly my knees/legs ache and stuff like that but jogging helped me with that. My knees and legs in general were more sore than normal the first few nights I did it, but after that my leg pains went away. It did the same thing for me. Now my legs ache again because I haven'tbeen able to run because I did something to my left wrist from the elbow all the way down to my hand. Getting it x-rayed and looked at this monday.

Meticode
02-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I weighted myself today after my 8 mile run yesterday and lost another 1.8 pounds. A total of 16+ since I started 22 days ago. I'm resting today though. My hip area is sore.

Nick Young
02-04-2012, 04:21 PM
keep it up:applause:

hoopaddict08
02-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I weighted myself today after my 8 mile run yesterday and lost another 1.8 pounds. A total of 16+ since I started 22 days ago. I'm resting today though. My hip area is sore.

Just out of curiosity, what are you eating throughout the day? What kind of meals/snacks/drinks are you consuming?

Meticode
02-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Just out of curiosity, what are you eating throughout the day? What kind of meals/snacks/drinks are you consuming?
Every morning I eat a bowl of Raisin Nut Bran and a glass of OJ. If I run I eat it after I run because my metabolism is kicked up from running to burn it off quick.

Between breakfast and lunch I'll have a fruit and maybe some shelled walnuts. I love walnuts. Awesome source for omega 3 and fatty acids. At lunch I'll have a small-ish lunch. Usually salad with a sandwich and some juice, or two sandwiches with walnuts and some juice. Something like that. Then for dinner I eat whatever my wife cooks. Which is anything from spaghetti to steak. I really don't care what I eat for dinner, if it's something that I know is horrible for me I'll eat it in moderation. If it's semi-good or good for me I'll load up on it.

I'll also have a snack between lunch and dinner. Maybe a snickers bar or something to curb my sweat tooth, most of the time it's fruit or something like that.

The hardest part is NOT eating after dinner. I'll eat around 7PM and won't go to bed until 11PM to 1AM and it's very hard to control not binge eating after dinner. I usually drink some water to help with that.

When I get down around 200-210 I'll probably end up eating a little bit more because I'll start lifting and weight training.

Meticode
02-04-2012, 06:23 PM
And just to mention my wife. She's extremely frustrated. She's trying to lose a little weight, and she's stuck. part of the problem is, is that she eats after dinner. Like every tonight. Then she weighs herself in random parts of the day. Your weight can fluctuate like 2-4 pounds in a day depending upon when you eat, drink or use the bathroom.

I weigh myself every morning between 7AM and 10AM completely naked after I've done #1 and #2 in the morning. I won't eat either until I've weighed myself and I won't weigh myself until I get rid of the waste. I try to get the most accurate measurement possible.

LBJ 23
02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Every morning I eat a bowl of Raisin Nut Bran and a glass of OJ. If I run I eat it after I run because my metabolism is kicked up from running to burn it off quick.

Between breakfast and lunch I'll have a fruit and maybe some shelled walnuts. I love walnuts. Awesome source for omega 3 and fatty acids. At lunch I'll have a small-ish lunch. Usually salad with a sandwich and some juice, or two sandwiches with walnuts and some juice. Something like that. Then for dinner I eat whatever my wife cooks. Which is anything from spaghetti to steak. I really don't care what I eat for dinner, if it's something that I know is horrible for me I'll eat it in moderation. If it's semi-good or good for me I'll load up on it.

I'll also have a snack between lunch and dinner. Maybe a snickers bar or something to curb my sweat tooth, most of the time it's fruit or something like that.

The hardest part is NOT eating after dinner. I'll eat around 7PM and won't go to bed until 11PM to 1AM and it's very hard to control not binge eating after dinner. I usually drink some water to help with that.

When I get down around 200-210 I'll probably end up eating a little bit more because I'll start lifting and weight training.

Eat right foods and you can also eat after dinner, even right before you go to sleep if you wish. It's a myth that if you eat late in the evening everything goes into fat. Its all about being in a deficit or suficit and not about meal timing.

After reading your meal plan I think you're losing mostly muscles and water. Instead of using a scale use a mirror as an indicator of your progress.

Meticode
02-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Are you planning on having an affair?
:roll: I'm literally rolling right now because my wife said this last night. Her exact words are, "Are you working out to leave me?" I literaelly face palmed myself... :facepalm ...and sighed. And I then went...

Me: "No. I'm working out for myself only. I get tired of feeling like crap. If I don't work out, you crucify me about how out of shape I am. If I work out and give it 100% you ask if I'm getting ready to f*ck around on you? I can't win can I? But what about you? After we had Kalyn you went and worked out and lost like 30 pounds. Were you f*cking around on me?"

Wife: "No!"

Me: "Then please shut the f*ck up with the stupid questions."

Wife: "Psssssshttt"

Meticode
02-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Eat right foods and you can eat after dinner, even right before you go to sleep if you wish. It's a myth that if you eat late in the evening everything goes into fat. Its all about being in a deficit or suficit and not about meal timing.

After reading your meal plan I think you're losing mostly muscles and water. Instead of using a scale use a mirror as an indicator of your progress.
I disagree with that at least on a personal basis. Even if I eat the correct foods right before I slept or after dinner, like fruits or bread or something, I didn't lose the weight like I am now. Plus at night your digestive system and body wants to shut down. I want to get a good night sleep. And my body working to digest food at night makes me wake up like 3 or 4 times a night every couple hours which isn't good.

Randy
02-04-2012, 06:44 PM
You just gotta find what works for you and gets you the results you're looking for. Personally, I eat after dinner every night, usually something with vegetables so it's slowly digested, like celery w/ peanut butter or bell peppers with hummus. I play basketball and do intense circuit training 4x a week so my body is constantly craving food, which is why I eat at night.

B-Low
02-04-2012, 06:57 PM
:roll: I'm literally rolling right now because my wife said this last night. Her exact words are, "Are you working out to leave me?" I literaelly face palmed myself... :facepalm ...and sighed. And I then went...

Me: "No. I'm working out for myself only. I get tired of feeling like crap. If I don't work out, you crucify me about how out of shape I am. If I work out and give it 100% you ask if I'm getting ready to f*ck around on you? I can't win can I? But what about you? After we had Kalyn you went and worked out and lost like 30 pounds. Were you f*cking around on me?"

Wife: "No!"

Me: "Then please shut the f*ck up with the stupid questions."

Wife: "Psssssshttt"

Don't you DARE talk to her that way!! :mad:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1042979_o.gif

LBJ 23
02-04-2012, 07:05 PM
I disagree with that at least on a personal basis. Even if I eat the correct foods right before I slept or after dinner, like fruits or bread or something, I didn't lose the weight like I am now. Plus at night your digestive system and body wants to shut down. I want to get a good night sleep. And my body working to digest food at night makes me wake up like 3 or 4 times a night every couple hours which isn't good.

You can disagree with that but you're still wrong :cheers:

1. Bread and fruits are surely not right foods to eat in the evening if you're planning to lose fat.(there are exceptions though). Try eating meat/eggs/fish + vegetables and then late in the evening you can eat curd(right word? food made from milk?) with healthy fats. Especially if you're training hard curd is good to eat late at night because it contains casein and it is slowly releasing into the blood through the night so your muscles are supplied with proteins for more time.

2. It's all about quantity. Daily calories intake.

Lets say your border is 2000 calories per day. If you eat 2300 calories per day you will be gaining fat/muscle(depends if you work out or not) whether you eat right foods or not. With right foods you are more likely to gain muscle mass and less fat and vice versa.

If you eat 1800 calories per day you will be losing weight(muscles,fat,water). You can lose weight if you eat wrong foods very easily if you're in a deficit but you will be losing mostly muscles and water, although on the scale it will show lower weight. If you have proper meal plan and work out plan and you're in a deficit(not to low with calories though, jo-jo effect) you will be losing mostly fat while keeping same muscle mass. That's the whole point actually.

3. Meal timing is not that important. If you eat 1800 calories in one meal(very unlikely, just an example) right before you go to sleep you will still be in a deficit and still losing weight.

Meticode
02-04-2012, 07:25 PM
3. Meal timing is not that important. If you eat 1800 calories in one meal(very unlikely, just an example) right before you go to sleep you will still be in a deficit and still losing weight.
Done it. 2400 calories in fact.

LBJ 23
02-04-2012, 07:32 PM

Empty calories I would say? Mcdonalds sh!t? :oldlol:

Lots of calories but very little usefull nutrients for your body probably

SlayerEnraged
02-04-2012, 08:25 PM

I'm just wondering, how old are you? I'm 18 so I don't have weigt problems ever..I just work out to be healthy and for sports.

Meticode
02-04-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm just wondering, how old are you? I'm 18 so I don't have weigt problems ever..I just work out to be healthy and for sports.
27, my metabolism slowed down around 23 or 24 and my eating habits got worse. I used to be able to eat McDonald's and Burger King every day almost and weigh 170 soak and wet.

SlayerEnraged
02-04-2012, 08:57 PM
27, my metabolism slowed down around 23 or 24 and my eating habits got worse. I used to be able to eat McDonald's and Burger King every day almost and weigh 170 soak and wet.

I'm actually trying to gain weight but it's not really working. I eat like 4-5000 calories a day but I just burn it all off. I eat pretty healthy though, as far as not going out to eat at fast food goes which could be part of the reason.

Meticode
02-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm actually trying to gain weight but it's not really working. I eat like 4-5000 calories a day but I just burn it all off. I eat pretty healthy though, as far as not going out to eat at fast food goes which could be part of the reason.
Have you tried lifting to gain weight?

B-Low
02-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Have you tried lifting to gain weight?

You haven't seen any of his 85 exercise threads? :oldlol:

Meticode
02-04-2012, 09:05 PM
You haven't seen any of his 85 exercise threads? :oldlol:
NO.

cuad
02-05-2012, 02:20 AM
why do all of u ppl run or think "run" when jumping (w/ or w/o a jump rope) is 100x betta and safer.

talkingconch
02-05-2012, 03:55 AM
looks like most ppl in here are trying to shed weight

im eating 3000+ calories a day and training, trying to pack on mass

MMM
02-05-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm looking into if I should do some martial arts to get into better shape but I can't say that is the primary reason why I'm interested in that venue. Boxing or Cycling are other things i might be interested in to lose weight but the first thing I need to do is change my diet cus I've been addicted to fast food for far too long now.

JEFFERSON MONEY
02-05-2012, 12:21 PM

Wayyy too many carbs. Sounds like a 75/10/10 split. You could literally eat 1.5X the amount of food (in satiety level) but incorporate lean meats and nuts and you'd have a more stable weight.

The night thing is such a bloody myth I swear I facepalm like a mofo.

You sound brainwashed as hell brother Meticode.

Meticode
02-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Wayyy too many carbs. Sounds like a 75/10/10 split. You could literally eat 1.5X the amount of food (in satiety level) but incorporate lean meats and nuts and you'd have a more stable weight.

The night thing is such a bloody myth I swear I facepalm like a mofo.

You sound brainwashed as hell brother Meticode.
Whatever the case, I don't feel hungry throughout the day at all with what I'm doing. Night is hard because I'll get a craving for sweets and I would indulge that craving before I started exercising recently. You can tell me I've had too many carbs, etc, etc. But I'll stick with what I'm doing now since I've lost almost 17 pounds in 23-24 days. :cheers:

LA_Showtime
02-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Whatever the case, I don't feel hungry throughout the day at all with what I'm doing. Night is hard because I'll get a craving for sweets and I would indulge that craving before I started exercising recently. You can tell me I've had too many carbs, etc, etc. But I'll stick with what I'm doing now since I've lost almost 17 pounds in 23-24 days. :cheers:

Start lifting weights now. You'll look better once you cut more fat and you won't lose as much, if any, muscle.

LOL @ the guy who said 4,000 to 5,000 "clean" calories. For one, it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you hit your macros, and two, eating 4,000 to 5,000 calories of oatmeal, chicken, and other healthy shit would be a ****ing nightmare.

Meticode
02-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Start lifting weights now. You'll look better once you cut more fat and you won't lose as much, if any, muscle.

LOL @ the guy who said 4,000 to 5,000 "clean" calories. For one, it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you hit your macros, and two, eating 4,000 to 5,000 calories of oatmeal, chicken, and other healthy shit would be a ****ing nightmare.
I know, I just want to wait through. It's a mental thing with me. Plus running is working perfectly right now I want to see the number go down before I start slowing it down with a little bit of muscle building.

Meticode
02-10-2012, 11:28 AM
UPDATE: I've lost 18.80 pounds since the 28 days I started running. I'm down below 220 at 219.2 for the first time in a long time, I honestly can't remember it, but it's at least 3+ years since I was that low.

In the 28 days since I started running I ran 19 of those days and was either sick or resting for 9 of them. So 19 days of running has accounted for 18.80 pounds of weight loss.

Meticode
02-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Update

I'm at day 34 since I started running. Out of 34 of those days I was sick or rested for 11 of those, so I've ran for 23 days. Right now I'm at 217.6. I've finally cracked the 20 pound mark with 20.4 pounds lost since 34 days ago. I would probably be 215 right now, but a week ago I had a day where I eat quite a bit and actually drank alcohol (3 screwdrivers) for the first time since my 21st birthday. After that day I literally gained 1-2 pounds. I've hit the treadmill about 5 days since then hard and have lost weight 5 days in a row from 222 down to the 217.7.

kNIOKAS
02-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Manly Stanley gonna straiten you out on this

Meticode
02-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Manly Stanley gonna straiten you out on this
That's okay, I'll straighten myself out. I've been doing fine so far. :D

StateProperty
02-16-2012, 02:48 PM
requesting before and after shirtless pics of meticode's wife

:)

rufuspaul
02-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Congrats Meticode. I don't mean to be a naysayer but do you think that you might be losing weight too quickly? I've found that if I shed a lot of weight in a short amount of time I'm likely to gain it back just as quickly if I relapse into bad food habits or stop exercising. I yo-yo'd up and down that way in my late 20s-early 30s. When I finally got on a sensible diet/exercise plan about 4 years ago the weight loss was agonizingly slow, about 1-2 lbs. a week, but I was able to keep it off since then despite the occasional relapse in diet and exercise.

Meticode
02-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Congrats Meticode. I don't mean to be a naysayer but do you think that you might be losing weight too quickly? I've found that if I shed a lot of weight in a short amount of time I'm likely to gain it back just as quickly if I relapse into bad food habits or stop exercising. I yo-yo'd up and down that way in my late 20s-early 30s. When I finally got on a sensible diet/exercise plan about 4 years ago the weight loss was agonizingly slow, about 1-2 lbs. a week, but I was able to keep it off since then despite the occasional relapse in diet and exercise.
Perhaps, a healthy loss is about 2-3 pounds a week. Rightnow I'm at around 3.5 to 4 pounds per week.

The thing is though, I plan to maintain it. I'm not going to suddenly quit when I get to my goal.

Those people on those weight loss shows are insane. They lose like 100 pounds in two months.

rufuspaul
02-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah the key for me was a diet I could live with. I would starve myself and lose weight and then gain it right back when I went back to eating regularly. It took me awhile to get to where I actually enjoy several small, healthy meals throughout the day.

I still splurge on a decadent meal one weekend night a week, either eating out or preparing it myself. But even then I keep the portion size within reason.

chazzy
02-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Update

I'm at day 34 since I started running. Out of 34 of those days I was sick or rested for 11 of those, so I've ran for 23 days. Right now I'm at 217.6. I've finally cracked the 20 pound mark with 20.4 pounds lost since 34 days ago. I would probably be 215 right now, but a week ago I had a day where I eat quite a bit and actually drank alcohol (3 screwdrivers) for the first time since my 21st birthday. After that day I literally gained 1-2 pounds. I've hit the treadmill about 5 days since then hard and have lost weight 5 days in a row from 222 down to the 217.7.
That's a impressive. What's your diet like now? Low carb?

Meticode
02-16-2012, 04:46 PM
That's a impressive. What's your diet like now? Low carb?
Nothing specific. I just pretty much cut out the bad sweets and I portion control what I eat. If I snack it's an apple or orange or something like that instead of cookies, brownies or junk.

The days I gain weight or stay the same are the days where I don't portion control and I indulge into the bad foods.

Meticode
02-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Yeah the key for me was a diet I could live with. I would starve myself and lose weight and then gain it right back when I went back to eating regularly. It took me awhile to get to where I actually enjoy several small, healthy meals throughout the day.

I still splurge on a decadent meal one weekend night a week, either eating out or preparing it myself. But even then I keep the portion size within reason.
The one good indulgence meal is something I planned to do, then either that night or the next day get a good workout in to get rid of what I reversed that previous meal.

I've noticed an actual difference too. I went to a funeral the other day for my grandmother-in-law and I had these black dress pants that I could still fit in before, but they were decently tight around the waist. Now when I wear them I have a little bit of room, and I actually have to put my belt on a tighter notch.

I think when I get to 215 I'm going to really push hard running on some days. Because as I said before that when I get between 200-210 I plan to alternate running(cardio) with strength training.

rufuspaul
02-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Here's my diet fwiw:

Breakfast: Steel cut oatmeal or Greek yogurt with either fresh or dried fruit, coffee, water.

Mid morning snack: Fresh or dried fruit, raw almonds.

Lunch: miso soup and a lean protein (some slices of turkey breast most days, sashimi if I feel like splurging).

Afternoon snack: Usually an apple and some more almonds or some yogurt and fruit.

Dinner: Lean protein (chicken, fish mostly), side veggies, big salad.

I drink water and green tea throughout the day. At dinner I'll usually have mineral water. I allow myself a cocktail and some beer/wine on the weekends but I have a strict no-alcohol policy for Sun.-Thurs. nights.

I'll also splurge on one meal on the weekends, usually a pasta or something grilled. Sun. mornings I'll have a bigger breakfast (bacon and eggs, pancakes or lox and bagels). I avoid desserts except for rare special occasions.

LBJ 23
02-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Perhaps, a healthy loss is about 2-3 pounds a week. Rightnow I'm at around 3.5 to 4 pounds per week.

An optimal weight loss is around 1 pound a week (losing fat, keeping muscle).

Can I ask what is your goal, to lose as many pounds as you can or to lose as much fat as you can while keeping most of the muscles from the start of the diet?

I bet you've lost way more muscles than fat(if that is your goal then don't mind this post)

Meticode
02-16-2012, 08:08 PM
An optimal weight loss is around 1 pound a week (losing fat, keeping muscle).

Can I ask what is your goal, to lose as many pounds as you can or to lose as much fat as you can while keeping most of the muscles from the start of the diet?

I bet you've lost way more muscles than fat(if that is your goal then don't mind this post)
To be around 185-200 eventually with a little definition.

If I've lost more muscle than fat, then it's odd that I'm benching 10 more pounds than I was a month ago with the same amount of reps and I haven't really done any lifting at all really and I'm doing 81 pushups compared to 59 a month ago. :confusedshrug: Is there an explanation for that?

Nick Young
02-16-2012, 08:21 PM
keep up the good work chaps, you are beacons of light the rest of ISH should look up to, I personally have much respect for meticode and conan, the discipline and motivation is inspirational to me, inspires me to step up my own game.

Meticode
03-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Update

I'm on day 48 since running, out of those 48 days I've rested or been sick 19 of those days. So I've ran a total of 29 days. Recently I just came off a two day in a row rest period and I've been sick, but now I'm down to 211.6 and I've finally cracked the 25 pound mark since starting this. 26.40 pounds in 29 days of running/eating right or 48 days overall.

I definitely notice a change in my stomach, I can actually suck it in to the point you can see my ribs. I lost two pounds pretty unhealthy the last couple days though because I've been sick. I was laying in bed with bad back aches and a headache and barely ate.

rufuspaul
03-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Update

I'm on day 48 since running, out of those 48 days I've rested or been sick 19 of those days. So I've ran a total of 29 days. Recently I just came off a two day in a row rest period and I've been sick, but now I'm down to 211.6 and I've finally cracked the 25 pound mark since starting this. 26.40 pounds in 29 days of running/eating right or 48 days overall.

I definitely notice a change in my stomach, I can actually suck it in to the point you can see my ribs. I lost two pounds pretty unhealthy the last couple days though because I've been sick. I was laying in bed with bad back aches and a headache and barely ate.

You're just one or two stomach flus away from your ideal weight. Just kidding. I should be banned for quoting a chick flick.

Meticode
03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
You're just one or two stomach flus away from your ideal weight. Just kidding. I should be banned for quoting a chick flick.
Yep, I'm about 11 pounds away from me doing some lifting or resistance.

MJ(Mean John)
03-01-2012, 03:07 PM

You looking to bulk up?

Take animal cuts. In 7 weeks you can lose 20 lbs.
Excercising 5 days a week of course

ConanRulesNBC
03-01-2012, 06:36 PM
I need to start again. I got sick with the flu and had to stop for a few days and haven't really gotten back into it in the last couple weeks. I've run only about 3 times a week the last two weeks. I was up to 5 times a week.

Jasper
03-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Quit eating beef , pork and those Wisconsin squeaky cheese things :oldlol:

Our wisconsin diet was made for football players , not ISH posters. :D

OneMoreSucka
03-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Update

***** you still fat. Try harder.

Pinkhearts
03-02-2012, 10:11 AM

26 pounds in a month and a half is pretty impressive. Keep it up and he'll look great in a few more months.

JohnnySic
03-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Good job to those losing weight. :applause:

I was 224 lb on Jan 1 and I'm down to 209. My goal is to get under 200 lb without scarificing muscle mass (I havent been under 200 lb since I was 17 - I'm 37). Losing weight is one of the best feelings in the world. :banana:

rufuspaul
03-02-2012, 11:34 AM

And you're still a dumb fukk but I don't see you making any progress.

Meticode
03-02-2012, 12:59 PM
I know. :( And I will. Thanks for the comment! :rockon:

Meticode
03-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Quit eating beef , pork and those Wisconsin squeaky cheese things :oldlol:

Our wisconsin diet was made for football players , not ISH posters. :D
I actually haven't quit any of those hings. I've portion controlled them while incorporating better healthy choices into my diet.

Meticode
03-02-2012, 01:02 PM
I need to start again. I got sick with the flu and had to stop for a few days and haven't really gotten back into it in the last couple weeks. I've run only about 3 times a week the last two weeks. I was up to 5 times a week.
It's going to suck when you start running again. When I got sick recently and missed running just 3 days in a row, the first day back it felt like I was dragging dead weight while running, but I pushed through it that day.

Quizno
03-02-2012, 01:33 PM
can you see your ***** yet? you can finally say hi to the little fella your wife frowns at every night

just kidding player. congrats on the weight loss, that really is a great accomplishment. my brother used to weigh about 290 and he's lost over 110 pounds by working out daily and eating right and he looks really good now. keep it up

Meticode
03-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Live Meticode alone.
:roll: That was good. That was really good. :roll:

Meticode
05-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Update

It's slowed down quite a bit, but mostly because I've been sick and I took of rest days. I finally got to my halfway goal which is 198 pounds. Which means after 105 days since running I lost 40 pounds. 55 days I rested, 50 days I ran.

Rightnow I've started resistance training. I do a full day of cardio, then a day of lower body/core, then rest, then cardio again, upper body/core rest. Then I start the cycle over again.

My end goal is to get lean and toned and be between 170-180.

Meticode
05-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Shaving your balls every few days. Naired your butthole. Losing a bunch of weight. You're definitely having an affair.

Possibly with a man?
I've been having my balls since I was 17, but now. My wife actually asked me the other day "Are you f*cking around on me?"

pauk
05-01-2012, 02:22 PM

If you have worked out you will be burning calories while resting aswell... musclemass burns alot of calories to just sustain its volume and you burn calories because of repair aswell...

rufuspaul
05-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Shaving your balls every few days. Naired your butthole. Losing a bunch of weight. You're definitely having an affair.

Possibly with a man?

:roll:

LA_Showtime
05-01-2012, 02:27 PM
If you have worked out you will be burning calories while resting aswell... musclemass burns alot of calories to just sustain its volume and you burn calories because of repair aswell...

Adding muscle to burn more calories is overrated. Doesn't do shit, really.

blablabla
05-01-2012, 03:47 PM
I've been having my balls since I was 17, but now. My wife actually asked me the other day "Are you f*cking around on me?"
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

sick_brah07
05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
conan excercising so he can go slam somebody through a box baby

SlayerEnraged
05-01-2012, 08:54 PM
I can't run at 12 minutes straight. I'll run at like 5-6 mins, then rest walk for about 2-3 minutes then pump it back up again. Don't feel bad about running the whole freakin' time. They keep is to keep the heart-rate up and not just shut it down. You'll feel a lot better if you go for 30-60 minutes of running mostly then walking in-between. Usually I'll run at 6-8MPH for about 5 minutes, then walk for 1-2 minutes in between that. I tried 10MPH yesterday which is the max and I can't keep up with it yet. I did it for 25 seconds and I was like' F*ck, f*ck, f*ck" and turned it down with the quickness because I was going to lose control and fall of the treadmill.

How can't u run 12 mins straight? Do ur legs get really tired feeling or by that point is ur heart rate really high wher u feel winded?

Upgrayedd
05-01-2012, 10:08 PM
The past 3 weeks I did 5 days a week 2 miles a day. I stopped last week and haven't picked up yet. I will tomorrow. I've cut back on drinking regular pop a lot and if I do drink pop it's only diet but I try to stick with water, tea and milk and orange juice for breakfast. It's made a difference.

I need to get a gym membership and start lifting.

Meticode
05-04-2012, 10:52 AM
UPDATE

I started strength/resistance training for the first time about a week and a half ago. I've noticed major changes in this short period of time already. It's really got me motivated to keep going hard until I get my goal. Right now I'm exactly at 195.4 which is 42.6 pounds that I've lost since starting this whole thing. What I am doing is something similar to this that I setup myself...

Monday - Cardio
Tuesday - Strength - Lower Body/Core
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Cardio
Friday - Strength - Upper Body/Core
Saturday - Rest

*repeat cycle starting from Monday*

I actually like what I'm seeing in the mirror now (sorry, no pics) and the other day a co-worker that I barely speak with came up to me randomly and asked "What have you been doing to lose all your weight? Because I've noticed major changes the last month." And then last night I was getting ready for bed and I got undressed down to my boxer-briefs and my wife is like "Are you sucking your gut in?" I'm like "Nope, this is sucking it in." Then I sucked it in to the point you can see me rip-cage which I couldn't do at all almost 4 months ago. And after I told her that was my gut being relaxed it looked like she wanted to **** me right there. :oldlol: But we went to bed, we were way too tired to screw around. Even a quickie.

Also about my diet. I am not taking anything special at all. At Walmart I bought some blended juices call "Naked Juice" they're about $4 for a 32 ounce bottle. One of them has greens and juices in it. Sort of an antioxidant. I drink 8 ounces of that after running. Then another has protein in it. It's got whey soy in it and it's got a fruity powder taste to it. And I drink about 8 ounces of that after strength training. No supplements or anything. I want to stay away from supplements and things of that sort if I can.

My diet hasn't really changed that much. I do still each some junk food and burgers for dinner and stuff, but I control myself throughout the day. I'll wake up, have a nice bowl of cereal with 2%, orange juice and maybe a banana, go to work and between going to work and dinner I'll have 2-3 snacks. I won't eat lunch. Usually those 2-3 snacks will consist of something like fruits or nuts. Then I'll have a big dinner. I really can't control dinner, we just have big dinners cooked usually which is why I don't eat a ton during the day, Just snacks. People will say it's bullshit but I don't eat after dinner any longer. I know some people say it's bad, others say it's bullshit you just have to eat the right foods. But I notice now I sleep better and feel better when I wake up when I don't eat after dinner versus doing it. Eating right before you have to go to bed I feel makes you body work to break down the food, food and energy of which you're not burning off from being up and about moving so you're storing it If it's 9PM I won't each anything after that time 95% of the time. I'll have a glass of water at most.

Also my information as well is coming from bodybuilding.com a lot. There's a ton of informative stuff on there that's completely free to read and I put together this simply routine (I won't even call it a program because it's not that detailed) to get fit and so far it's working. Since lifting I know lose weight slightly on my days I rest. Usually when I was just doing the cardio strictly I would weigh myself the day after rest in the morning and I would gate 0.2 lbs or something like that. Also, I weigh myself the same time every single day after using the bathroom. Usually between 8AM to 10AM. I am by no means an expert, but I tried to put something together for myself and it's been working great surprisingly.

The past 3 weeks I did 5 days a week 2 miles a day. I stopped last week and haven't picked up yet. I will tomorrow. I've cut back on drinking regular pop a lot and if I do drink pop it's only diet but I try to stick with water, tea and milk and orange juice for breakfast. It's made a difference.

I need to get a gym membership and start lifting.
Pop makes a huge difference man. I used to drink the equivalent of about a 2-liter every day of regular Pepsi or Coke or one of those non-diet brands. I replaced it with water and while I did have a withdraw of caffeine for about a month, I drink about 2-3 liters of water a day now and I feel so much better. If you eat an apple and orange every day you'll have the energy usually to do things that caffeine gives you.

Meticode
06-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Quick Update...

I'm at 185.2 right now. 7 pounds off my ending goal. :rockon: Once I get 178 I'll have lost 60 pounds exactly. With my progress I feel like I'm realistically like a month away from that. Maybe 3 weeks if I work really hard and watch what I eat. I'm far from done though. I still need a ton up and convert fat to muscle. I'm sure my body fat is like around 20% because of my slight gut still.

Jailblazers7
06-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah, Ive cut caffeine completely out of my diet and only drink water and juice now. I have more energy than ever and dont need caffeine at all in the mornings. I drink a lot less alcohol too which helps make mornings a bit easier lol.

Meticode
06-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Yeah, Ive cut caffeine completely out of my diet and only drink water and juice now. I have more energy than ever and dont need caffeine at all in the mornings. I drink a lot less alcohol too which helps make mornings a bit easier lol.
Cutting out the soda is huge. Some people don't realize that they drink their daily recommend caloric intake in liquid alone. I was one of them. I used to go to Wendy's and eat 2000+ calories of food in one sitting. No reason I went from 168 in 2003 up to 240 by 2008.

Meticode
06-09-2012, 04:41 PM
I've gone a step further and did away with juice too for the most part. Especially not energy drinks of stuff like vitamin water. Juice contains just as many calories and almost as much sugar as soda. When you drink orange juice sure you get some vitamin C, but you throw away the main good stuff that comes with the orange. When you eat a orange you get the fibers, pulp and bits that help make it healthy, when you drink the juice you're bypassing that good stuff just to get some vitamin C in form of the same calories and sugar as pop. If you eat one orange you get as much vitamin C as a 8oz glass of orange juice for the most part, but the calories are cut nearly in half.

LBJ 23
06-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Consume 2-3 grams of ascorbic acid in powder as a vitamin C per day and you're set. You can cut out all the fruit and fruit drinks which are mostly sugar anyway.

Meticode
06-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Consume 2-3 grams of ascorbic acid in powder as a vitamin C per day and you're set. You can cut out all the fruit and fruit drinks which are mostly sugar anyway.
I like the sugar from fruits, if you keep your sugar under control your fine. I think for males like 35-40 grams a day is normal. I try to keep at 30, but it's hard because so many damn things have sugar in them. Even regular 2% milk has like 14g of sugar in 1 cup. I never knew milk had sugar in it.

UConnCeltics
03-31-2013, 09:14 AM
Are you still alive?

alenleomessi
03-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Are you still alive?
he is getting ready for the marathon in the olympics

Ikill
03-31-2013, 11:46 AM
Not a fan of long distance running its boring and useless for basketball.

rezznor
03-31-2013, 11:51 AM
marathons are fun but training for them sucks

JEFFERSON MONEY
03-31-2013, 05:00 PM

Dude I hate running, but that's a lie.

Back when doing 8-10 miles a day I was full blown Rip Hamilton.

Setting screens, jumping off the screens and hitting J's, hitting up z cuts l cuts perpetually exhausting the opponent and thus destroying their judgment, being a fukking parasite that won't go away on D, endless fastbreak pts, completely tireless.

The Choken One
03-31-2013, 05:10 PM
Cardio is for homos. Get in the weight room and you'll feel even better.

I can't run longer than 15 minutes without wanting to kill myself from boredom.

blablabla
03-31-2013, 05:56 PM
Cardio is for homos. Get in the weight room and you'll feel even better.

I can't run longer than 15 minutes without wanting to kill myself from boredom.
And since when is hitting the weights not just as boring.

Ikill
03-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Dude I hate running, but that's a lie.

Back when doing 8-10 miles a day I was full blown Rip Hamilton.

Setting screens, jumping off the screens and hitting J's, hitting up z cuts l cuts perpetually exhausting the opponent and thus destroying their judgment, being a fukking parasite that won't go away on D, endless fastbreak pts, completely tireless.
Obviously it can help if you end up doing it at an high enough intensity but there is better things you can do to improve conditioning. The other thing is long runs hurt explosiveness and strength.

The Choken One
03-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Spoken like a true ph@ggot.

You wouldn't understand how awesome it feels to watch your body change and how strong you feel when hitting PR's. The first timed I benched 225 I about nut'd my shorts. Real talk.

blablabla
03-31-2013, 07:45 PM
Spoken like a true ph@ggot.

You wouldn't understand how awesome it feels to watch your body change and how strong you feel when hitting PR's. The first timed I benched 225 I about nut'd my shorts. Real talk.
You also feel better after running and your body is changing as well but that doesn't change the fact that the act itself is fairly boring.

Ikill
03-31-2013, 07:57 PM
its not

Budadiiii
03-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Swimming is the ultimate cardio workout, and that's a fact, ******s.

Get off the treadmill you ****ing losers. Get in the pool and do some resistance exercises and swim your ass off.

Meticode you're a fatass piece of shit without a clue about nutrition and exercise you lazy scum bag

The Choken One
03-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Swimming is the ultimate cardio workout, and that's a fact, ******s.

Get off the treadmill you ****ing losers. Get in the pool and do some resistance exercises and swim your ass off.
this post reeks of estrogen.

Budadiiii
03-31-2013, 08:28 PM
this post reeks of estrogen.
Only a dumbass neglects cardio.

Open your mind, fool.

The Choken One
03-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Only a dumbass neglects cardio.

Open your mind, fool.
15-20 minutes light cardio before err session. That's more than enough cardio.

Balla_Status
03-31-2013, 09:49 PM
15-20 minutes light cardio before err session. That's more than enough cardio.

Some people enjoy cardio. Some people enjoy getting swole.

Both are pretty fun. I've done the bulking up and I've trained for triathlons. I'll agree running can be boring.

Swimming and biking are way more fun.

Lifting is fun too...especially since I was lifting more than I had ever lifted and doing lifts I never knew existed.

Quit being a douche and criticizing people's exercise preferences. They're not part of the problem. Fat people are.

JEFFERSON MONEY
04-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Real Talk Hawk

I will say that it's easier to have an intense leg day than do some of the crazy fukking cardio circuits that those UFC fighters have.

GOD I HATE TAKING SHORT RESTS.

eriX
04-01-2013, 11:04 AM
i did the spartan race (obstacle course) like a month ago and i realized how shitty my cardio was... granted it was one of the more difficult obstacle courses with a ton of uphill running but since then ive tried to add more cardio in my daily routine and i gotta say it does make you feel healthier.

Budadiiii
04-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Cordyceps mushrooms have really taken my cardio to a whole other level...

I take 6 capsules before each workout and have noticed a huge surge.

I don't know if it's the placebo effect or what, but i don't really give a ****.

You guys should look into that shit