PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love face stomp on Luis Scola - Suspension?

millwad
02-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Dirty play..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwUuU6Ltw9o&context=C31f5289ADOEgsToPDskLAHONm4YchfhFZ7psZ4HU0

Better quality; http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=214873

blackification
02-04-2012, 11:02 PM
He is looking down while doing it too.. no excuse.

Burgz
02-04-2012, 11:02 PM
:eek:

that's a definite no no

interested to see how this develops, probably wont lead to anything

Faptastrophe
02-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Face stomp is a little excessive. But stepping on a dude's face more or less intentionally is kind of a big deal.
Certainly wasn't the smart thing to do.

kingBynum
02-04-2012, 11:08 PM
He was probably watching American History X last night. Ya, that was a dirty move and he will be suspended.

LA_Showtime
02-04-2012, 11:10 PM
From everything I've heard about Love that face stomp fits his personality just right.

keep-itreal
02-04-2012, 11:11 PM
He was probably watching American History X last night. Ya, that was a dirty move and he will be suspended.
but luis scola isn't black.

is he?

"Jesus"
02-04-2012, 11:12 PM
From everything I've heard about Love that face stomp fits his personality just right.

I was surprised that he did that. What have you heard about him?

KOBEtherealKing
Anybody know what happened with quintin richardson? Was there a fight?

senelcoolidge
That's really bad. Never thought Love was that type of guy. Really a scumbag move. Losing respect for this guy fast this season.

Derka
02-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Well then...

That's a rather bullshit thing to do to a guy whose on the ground.

That gets you knocked the f**k out where I play.

Suspended, no pay.

fos
Watched it a couple times and don't see it :confusedshrug:
Looked to me like Scola was going to grab his foot to slow him down and Love sorta ripped through it.

LA_Showtime
I was surprised that he did that. What have you heard about him?

That he's a complete tool and a glorified douche bag.

Zenji
02-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Wasn't Scola the one who hit Love in the balls with the basketball? Getting heated between those two.

DMV2
02-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Even the no-call hack foul looked dirty. Definitely a suspension coming his way.

L8kersfan222
02-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Suspend him for the season, hes outta there.

noob cake
02-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Suspension time

Celtics 1825
02-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Kevin Hate

dec1981
02-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Looked to me like Scola was going to grab his foot to slow him down and Love sorta ripped through it.
I'm with you, it looks like Love was stuck in hard place and just tried to keep himself from falling.

ImmortalNemesis

How much them homer glasses cost?

**** Kevin Love.

leopoldstotch
Love what an idiot. I can picture him doing that. He has that "goon" look. :facepalm

I was watching the Magic-Pacer game, and from what I saw, this is what happened....

Quentin was trying to go through a Pacer screen, and "intentionally" flopped during the process. I think the Pacers made the field goal on that play, and Granger had a couple of words to say to Richardson at the end. Richardson went up to Granger's face, and they went face to face jawing each other. Richardson gave Granger a shove, and the refs gave Quentin the technical.

once again, Granger is involved in a spat. I am starting to think he is a punk.

L8kersfan222
02-04-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm with you, it looks like Love was stuck in hard place and just tried to keep himself from falling.
doesn't matter how much you squirm idiot, hes getting suspended

Meticode
02-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Fine at most.

dude77
02-04-2012, 11:23 PM
hmm I don't know .. very uncharacteristic of love .. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt here .. has he addressed this ? .. he looks like a player who's above that garbage .. I would think he doesn't feel the need to kick someone while they're lying on the floor of all the things

Meticode
02-04-2012, 11:24 PM
doesn't matter how much you squirm idiot, hes getting suspended
Bet you he doesn't.

bluechox2
02-04-2012, 11:24 PM
dirty play

millwad
02-04-2012, 11:25 PM

Retarded, Scola was protecting his face, he wasn't really holding Love's foot. And his foot was way too low for somone who tries to walk over someone and who walks over someone like that anyway? :facepalm

L8kersfan222
02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Bet you he doesn't.
1 year avy bet

MichaelCheazley
02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
REVENGE

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/01/kevin-love-nut-shot.gif

imdaman99
02-04-2012, 11:27 PM
dayum. suspension coming

bluechox2
02-04-2012, 11:28 PM
even no foul on him for throwing scola down, refs could have prevented all of it, blame the refs :lol

fos
02-04-2012, 11:28 PM
How much them homer glasses cost?

**** Kevin Love.

Dallas Mavericks fan FYI. Just don't see it the way you see it. Looked to me as though Scola was threw his hands up to slow Love down and Love sorta tried to rip through him to get the 5 on 4 advantage. I guess we'll wait and see what the league has to say but it didn't look malicious to me and Love doesn't have a history of being a dirty payer.

Pushxx
02-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Wow...I lost some respect for Kevin Love right there. Damn...unnecessary, intentional, and classless.

Q-Rich flopped his ass off as he was trying to get by a screen that was set for Granger. At the next random whistle a few seconds later, the two of them got into it and Q-Rich pushed him slightly.

Q-Rich refused to calm down when people were trying to restrain him and he got a second technical. Granger got a deserved technical from the beginning of the yelling match.

Earl Clark and Psycho T both deservedly got technicals from getting into it also. Earl Clark was the aggressor with a tiny little push.

Was a really pansy-ass situation that made me :facepalm as an NBA fan...was painful to watch that cheesy shit.

Meticode
02-04-2012, 11:31 PM
1 year avy bet
No. I'm too scared. Thank though.

dude77
02-04-2012, 11:34 PM
tough one .. still trying to figure it out .. one on hand you can say he was just trying to 'get going' and sciola's face just happened to be right where his next 'step' was and inadvertently got him with the foot .. then again I keep thinking he could've avoided his face .. not sure

then again, after seeing the ball to groin shot, maybe it was just a cheapshot in retaliation

Meticode
02-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Too me personally it looks like he's trying to avoid stepping on his head, then Scola puts his arms up, so his leg hits his arms then he's forced to put his foot down near his face because if he doesn't he'll fall. :confusedshrug:

It was intentional. He was intentionally trying to keep his balance.

MeLO MvP 15
02-04-2012, 11:35 PM
All you need is Love?

While it's bad, I don't think it's more than a 1-2 game suspension... if anything.

dude77
02-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Too me personally it looks like he's trying to avoid stepping on his head, then Scola puts his arms up, so his leg hits his arms then he's forced to put his foot down near his face because if he doesn't he'll fall. :confusedshrug:

It was intentional. He was intentionally trying to keep his balance.

yeah something like that

L.Kizzle
Wow talk about over exaggeration. I'm a Houston fan and it didn't even look that bad.

KOBEtherealKing
Love what an idiot. I can picture him doing that. He has that "goon" look. :facepalm

I was watching the Magic-Pacer game, and from what I saw, this is what happened....

Quentin was trying to go through a Pacer screen, and "intentionally" flopped during the process. I think the Pacers made the field goal on that play, and Granger had a couple of words to say to Richardson at the end. Richardson went up to Granger's face, and they went face to face jawing each other. Richardson gave Granger a shove, and the refs gave Quentin the technical.

Thanks.

Meticode
All you need is Love?

While it's bad, I don't think it's more than a 1-2 game suspension... if anything.
I'm going to say 0 games. Fine at most.

dude77
02-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Love what an idiot. I can picture him doing that. He has that "goon" look

what's the goon look ? would love to hear some of your other stereotypes .. :cheers:

fos
02-04-2012, 11:42 PM
I watch it over and over again and it's clear that Scola grabs his shorts/knee and that's why his foot hits his face, it's 100% Scola's fault, if he was worried about getting stepped on he should have covered his face up and NOT GRABBED Kevin Love's shorts/knee who is trying to run the floor.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4382/grabtk.png

Making something out of nothing.

steve franchise
02-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Suspension for sure.. I'd like to see love step on any other nba players head.. let's see what happens

Xsatyr
02-04-2012, 11:49 PM
I watch it over and over again and it's clear that Scola grabs his shorts/knee and that's why his foot hits his face, it's 100% Scola's fault, if he was worried about getting stepped on he should have covered his face up and NOT GRABBED Kevin Love's shorts/knee who is trying to run the floor.

He did not grab him, he put his hand out. Also Love lifted his other foot off the ground, intentionally stepping down on Scola.

dude77
02-04-2012, 11:51 PM
:oldlol: @this thread .. it's the perfect thread to out the true love haters

ThatsGame
02-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Wooooooooooooooooow

And just like that, I lost all respect for Love and the Wolves.

What a DICK MOVE. Piece of shit

Put that bitch in jail

millwad
02-04-2012, 11:56 PM

You're a retard, seriously.

First of all, no need of walking OVER a guy who's on the floor and his step is way short if his intention was walking OVER someone's face.. Love was even watching down. And besides, if you try to avoid walking someone you wouldn't actually go down like that with your foot, he even pushed off with his foot while being ON Scola. Someone who tries to avoid something/someone doesn't do that.

And a screen shot is the worst way trying to prove what happens when the video is already clearly showing what happens, his foot wasn't even over Scola in the screen shot.. :facepalm

steve franchise
02-04-2012, 11:59 PM

what a dumb ****k, look at the video dumb retard :hammerhead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SDf5QO_bko&feature=g-all-u&context=G2b69b51FAAAAAAAACAA
does it look like he grabbed loves shorts? no, more like covering himself and love looked at him before stepping on him.. obvious

dude77
02-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Suspension for sure.. I'd like to see love step on any other nba players head.. let's see what happens

are you calling Scola a ***** ?

Meticode
02-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Not intentional. 0 game suspension, fine at most.

wang4three
02-05-2012, 12:02 AM

Versus how many times Qrich has instigated things over the years?

dude77
02-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Not intentional. 0 game suspension, fine at most.

yeah that's what I'm going with

ALBballer
02-05-2012, 12:05 AM
I've taking a liking to the wolves this season but that was cheap and dirty. You can argue Love lost balance or some sh*t but it looked intentional and looked like he could've avoided Scola. Douche move by love imo. 2-3 game suspension is fine.

steve franchise
02-05-2012, 12:06 AM
are you calling Scola a ***** ?
Im just saying let me see Love step on Artests face, another pacers pistons situation right there

Droid101
02-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Um, everyone is overreacting. He was trying to step past him, but Luis put his hands up blocking Kevin's foot. He could either try to hop past, or just push through.

No big deal. I'm sure the league will fine or suspend him because of all the whiners, though.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
02-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Wow. Kevin you suck. There goes my last hope of liking this league. He's as dumb as everybody.

millwad
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM
I've taking a liking to the wolves this season but that was cheap and dirty. You can argue Love lost balance or some sh*t but it looked intentional and looked like he could've avoided Scola. Douche move by love imo. 2-3 game suspension is fine.

I agree, didn't look like he was trying to avoid him at all. Especially not the way he pushed off with his foot while he was on Scolas chest/face.

fos
02-05-2012, 12:10 AM
what a dumb ****k, look at the video dumb retard :hammerhead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SDf5QO_bko&feature=g-all-u&context=G2b69b51FAAAAAAAACAA
does it look like he grabbed loves shorts? no, more like covering himself and love looked at him before stepping on him.. obvious

I watched the video you little *** guzzler, nothing to see here and he won't be suspended. You should find another way to vent your frustration over a loss.

fos
02-05-2012, 12:11 AM
You're a retard, seriously.

First of all, no need of walking OVER a guy who's on the floor and his step is way short if his intention was walking OVER someone's face.. Love was even watching down. And besides, if you try to avoid walking someone you wouldn't actually go down like that with your foot, he even pushed off with his foot while being ON Scola. Someone who tries to avoid something/someone doesn't do that.

And a screen shot is the worst way trying to prove what happens when the video is already clearly showing what happens, his foot wasn't even over Scola in the screen shot.. :facepalm

:blah :blah :blah :blah

You're gay.

steve franchise
02-05-2012, 12:11 AM
I watched the video you little *** guzzler, nothing to see here and he won't be suspended. You should find another way to vent your frustration over a loss.
LOL im not even gonna argue with your retarded blind asss

steve franchise
02-05-2012, 12:12 AM

You're gay.

yep retarded :facepalm

millwad
02-05-2012, 12:15 AM

You're gay.

Says the guy who got Kevin Love's nuts in his mouth.. Even tried to make a lame proof of how it wasn't intentional by going to paint showing something already everyone saw in the actual video. Buhu, Kevin got some crap..

Stop trying, and take Love's nuts out of your mouth.

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2012, 12:18 AM
It was a dirty play but it's simply pay back for the cheap nut shot Scola had on Love the last time they played. Love doesn't have a history of this at all so I doubt he gets suspended. Probably just a large fine.

fos
02-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Says the guy who got Kevin Love's nuts in his mouth.. Even tried to make a lame proof of how it wasn't intentional by going to paint showing something already everyone saw in the actual video. Buhu, Kevin got some crap..

Stop trying, and take Love's nuts out of your mouth.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo8xttPwxr1qbl1tko1_500.jpg

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2012, 12:24 AM
:oldlol:

https://twitter.com/#!/fsntylermason/status/166006047486648320

More Love, on Scola: "I got kind of tripped up. ... It happened to be his face, just like in Houston where it happened to be my groin."

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2012, 12:27 AM
DarrenWolfson Darren Wolfson
RT @Jonathan_Feigen Love did apologize to Scola in #Rockets locker room. Scola said he was angrier with no call on foul. #Twolves
24 minutes ago

People need to realize that emotions run wild on the court and that most players understand it. You can't take anything personal when you play a sport. It's funny that people are getting angrier over this incident than Scola is.:lol

hawksdogsbraves
02-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Meh, to me it didn't look malicious at all. Scola's hands didn't allow Love's foot to move forward and yeah, he kind of stepped down, but he certainly didn't 'stomp' Scola's face. Overblown.

(e)
02-05-2012, 12:29 AM
I'd say a suspension would be warranted, and /or a fine. But I don't think this is something that should be getting this blown out of proportion.

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2012, 12:29 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2itqusp.jpg

fos
02-05-2012, 12:46 AM

lmao :lol :roll: :cheers:

Phenith
02-05-2012, 12:49 AM
The one angle makes it look way worse than it was. The side angle you can see for sure that the "main reason" he even had to step down was Scola tripping him up on that leg with his hands/arms.
Scola was basically just trying to cover his face more than anything and his arms got in the way of Loves foot getting by and Love tripped up cuz he had already committed his other foot and body forward, but Love shouldn't have really tried to step over him at all in that situation.

I would say zero games, but wouldn't be surprised to see 1-2 games.

SCdac
02-05-2012, 12:54 AM
EVERY player has a little bit of "dirtiness" in them. In this soft, PC league we have now it's all shocking and shit, but having grown up watching ball in the tail end of the 80's and 90's, this kind of stuff is not that crazy. Slap on the wrist, whatever...

bigt
02-05-2012, 01:06 AM

:roll:

Dirty play imo (and to me that Twitter quote makes me think it was a little malicious. Looked dirty to me, the downward push specifically. But how the hell did the ref miss that initial foul? That was crazy. I could understand missing the step, kinda happened just as the Wolves pushed fall, but no excuse for missing the pull down foul

305Baller
02-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Wheres the Love, Love?

The_Yearning
02-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Kevin Love is a straight punk. Which is why he always gets manhandled by D12 or them Laker boys.

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2012, 01:09 AM

Dirty play imo (and to me that Twitter quote makes me think it was a little malicious. Looked dirty to me, the downward push specifically. But how the hell did the ref miss that initial foul? That was crazy. I could understand missing the step, kinda happened just as the Wolves pushed fall, but no excuse for missing the pull down foul
No doubt about it, I think it could be argued that it was unintentional but Love's remarks about the incident just seal the deal to me that it was intentional. Whatever. Love went and apologized to Scola after the game and Scola said he was angry at the refs over the no call and not at Love for the actual incident.

I'm just happy someone on the Wolves is showing emotion, we haven't had that since KG.

L.Kizzle
02-05-2012, 01:11 AM
EVERY player has a little bit of "dirtiness" in them. In this soft, PC league we have now it's all shocking and shit, but having grown up watching ball in the tail end of the 80's and 90's, this kind of stuff is not that crazy. Slap on the wrist, whatever...
So true, Xavier McDaniel probably did this twice a game.

M.V.W.
02-05-2012, 01:22 AM

Burgz
02-05-2012, 01:31 AM
More Love, on Scola: "I got kind of tripped up. ... It happened to be his face, just like in Houston where it happened to be my groin."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1btNtnSvif0

retaliation????

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Scola isn't mad about what Love did at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJL6xO-QcDg&feature=player_embedded

Xsatyr
02-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Scola isn't mad about what Love did at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJL6xO-QcDg&feature=player_embedded

Scola is that type of guy though. He did not even care about the failed trade that almost sent him to NO. He said he is just happy to play in the NBA.

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Scola is that type of guy though. He did not even care about the failed trade that almost sent him to NO. He said he is just happy to play in the NBA.
Exactly. But that is precisely the reason why I find it so hilarious that fans get more angry about an incident than the actual players do.

Xsatyr
02-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Exactly. But that is precisely the reason why I find it so hilarious that fans get more angry about an incident than the actual players do.

Bc many fans do not like seeing that type of disrespect in the game they love. Scola's opinion on the matter is irrelevant to them bc it goes beyond Scola.

bmulls
02-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Love was trying to step over him, Scola put his hands up and caught his foot, Love kicked through it. It wouldn't have happened if Scola didn't put his hands up, but Love definitely crossed the line with his follow through.

Will be interesting to see if he gets suspended. I think he has to be, otherwise people will be talking about racism for a week.

Hittin_Shots
02-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Scola shouldn't have been on the floor in the first place,tried too hard to sell a foul that was pretty obvious but maybe they didn't call it because he just throws his legs out and falls down. Two flops in that vid by Scola...

dude77
02-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Love was trying to step over him, Scola put his hands up and caught his foot, Love kicked through it. It wouldn't have happened if Scola didn't put his hands up, but Love definitely crossed the line with his follow through.

Will be interesting to see if he gets suspended. I think he has to be, otherwise people will be talking about racism for a week.

how does racism play into this ? :lol .. as for this incident .. don't care at all .. this was minor .. seen much worse things .. barkley spitting on a kid in the stands .. artest ..well that's self explanatory .. askins with the rabbit punch .. tomjanovich getting ko'ed etc etc ..

love was pissed about the groin incident .. he didn't pummel the guy's face in the floor .. he tapped him with his foot .. nothing more the end .. .. he retaliated .. it's over now

all these people talking about 'i lost all respect for love now' :facepalm .. change your tampons

ILLsmak
02-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Face stomp is a little excessive. But stepping on a dude's face more or less intentionally is kind of a big deal.
Certainly wasn't the smart thing to do.

Yeah I stomped on a kid's face once; that aint it. It's more like he kicked him in the chin or dragged his foot over his face. Which isn't really a situation that can injure someone or would it be really painful, but it's still bogus shit.

-Smak

bmulls
02-05-2012, 02:12 AM
how does racism play into this ? :lol .. as for this incident .. don't care at all .. this was minor .. seen much worse things .. barkley spitting on a kid in the stands .. artest ..well that's self explanatory .. askins with the rabbit punch .. tomjanovich getting ko'ed etc etc ..

love was pissed about the groin incident .. he didn't pummel the guy's face in the floor .. he tapped him with his foot .. nothing more the end .. .. he retaliated .. it's over now

all these people talking about 'i lost all respect for love now' :facepalm .. change your tampons

If this was Artest or Bynum people would be calling him "ghetto trash", n***er and other things right now. If he doesn't get suspended people will say it's because he's white. Even if it's not true.

BGriffin's Dad
02-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Scola has a tendency to piss people off :lol

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/101502_o.gif

bmulls
02-05-2012, 02:16 AM
You all know if this was Artest, Bynum, Stephen Jackson, Demarcus Cousins or Kevin Garnett and the guy who got kicked was Rubio, Dirk or Nash the responses would be totally different.

G-train
02-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Not that bad. Scola probably enjoyed it.

MiseryCityTexas
02-05-2012, 02:21 AM

BULLSHIT

REACTION
02-05-2012, 02:21 AM
Scola has a tendency to piss people off :lol

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/101502_o.gif

I remember that game. Seeing the 6'1 Fisher take out the 6'9 Scola with his bare baldy head was awesome. :applause:

I've always felt that Fish has been, pound for pound, one of the toughest guys in the league. Even in his old age.

Xsatyr
02-05-2012, 02:22 AM
I remember that game. Seeing the 6'1 Fisher take out the 6'9 Scola with his bare baldy head was awesome. :applause:

I've always felt that Fish has been, pound for pound, one of the toughest guys in the league. Even in his old age.

Scola is also a top tier flopper.

gyu
02-05-2012, 02:23 AM

Fisher is jacked as ****. He's tough for sure.
http://i41.tinypic.com/11qtjio.jpg

Xsatyr
02-05-2012, 02:26 AM
Scola shouldn't have been on the floor in the first place,tried too hard to sell a foul that was pretty obvious but maybe they didn't call it because he just throws his legs out and falls down. Two flops in that vid by Scola...

Scola was hacked and was tripped up, look at their legs on the foul. And this is coming from the person who called Scola a top tier flopper.

The Choken One
Well then...

That's a rather bullshit thing to do to a guy whose on the ground.

That gets you knocked the f**k out where I play.

Suspended, no pay.
This x1000.

Fhck that ghetto bs... this just makes me gate that stat padder even more.

dude77
If this was Artest or Bynum people would be calling him "ghetto trash", n***er and other things right now. If he doesn't get suspended people will say it's because he's white. Even if it's not true.

you're gonna compare artest's behavior and rep with this ? :facepalm .. Artest got called out because he's a known aggressor and look what he did .. it was bad enough to get suspended for the season .. that in no way compares to this .. people picked on bynum because he was picking on a guy who's over a foot shorter than him :oldlol: ..

this was minor .. people need to chill out .. and no one knows what goes on the court .. players piss each other off to boiling points and you end up with little incidents like this

dude77
02-05-2012, 02:30 AM
You all know if this was Artest, Bynum, Stephen Jackson, Demarcus Cousins or Kevin Garnett and the guy who got kicked was Rubio, Dirk or Nash the responses would be totally different.

what do you mean the responses would be totally different ? you got a bunch of guys calling for suspensions and saying love is a punk and they don't respect him now :facepalm :oldlol:

MiseryCityTexas
02-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Kevin retaliated on Scola for hitting him with a cheap shot to the nuts a couple of games ago.

305Baller
02-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Fisher is jacked as ****. He's tough for sure.
http://i41.tinypic.com/11qtjio.jpg

steve franchise
02-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Kevin retaliated on Scola for hitting him with a cheap shot to the nuts a couple of games ago.
yeah cheap shot saving the basketball from going out of bounds.. :lol

Scholar
02-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Wow, Love is on some bullshit with that move! :eek: I can't believe anyone would do that in an NBA game, especially knowing cameras are pointing at you from every angle. GTFO, Love. You're about to get suspended, and I'm really glad you are.

Clippersfan86
02-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Love just proved it was retaliation by saying it was same thing as Scola throwing a ball at his nuts. That play was Scola trying to save ball and Kevin wasn't even facing him. Obviously it wasn't intentional :facepalm . Nothing like a kick to the face while a dude is on his back.

Hittin_Shots
02-05-2012, 04:33 AM
Scola was hacked and was tripped up, look at their legs on the foul. And this is coming from the person who called Scola a top tier flopper.

Hacked yes, tripped not so much.his feet come off the ground in a way which he forced.

Myth
02-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Love was a douche in high school and I didn't like him throughout college. I was just starting to think maybe he has become less of a douche and was starting to like him, then he pulls this shit.

dude77
02-05-2012, 04:51 AM
Love is ok .. many players have done stupid shit in moments of frustration .. if you think he's a punk then you must think barkley, artest, mchale, the guy who punched tomjanovich, bynum are all lowlife punks too then right ? :rolleyes:

G-train
02-05-2012, 04:52 AM
People are so soft and overreact. Love hardly touched him. Sure maybe he will get 1 game suspension cos the league is so soft now, but I for one I dont care.
If he truely stomped his face he would be unconcious and pissing blood everywhere. This was a little love tap.
And for the record Scola deserves it. He flops and flails everytime down the court. He is an unbearable, moronic yet effective player. In the second link there is about 3 flops alone.
Seeing as Love touched within 2 feet of Scola's cranium, I'm surprised Scola didnt scream, grab his face and do 360's on the court Homer Simpson style.

comerb
02-05-2012, 04:52 AM

So? The world works that way for a good reason. Everyone ****s up sooner or later... it's the repeat offenders that you come down hard on.

If Love does something similar again in the future, the response will be significantly different.

Xsatyr
02-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Hacked yes, tripped not so much.his feet come off the ground in a way which he forced.

He was trying to step through while their knees were caught.

Bigsmoke
02-05-2012, 04:58 AM
That's some real wigga shit right there

Hittin_Shots
02-05-2012, 05:02 AM
He was trying to step through while their knees were caught.

Come on he gets hacked across the arms then jumps on the floor, are we lookin at the same replay?

novocaine
02-05-2012, 05:03 AM
hell, nowhere in this world was it intentional

Draz
02-05-2012, 05:05 AM
That website is to another NBA forum? I thought there's only ISH.. & yes that was dirty

mrpibb
02-05-2012, 05:09 AM
I can't say for certain it was intentional, but I strongly believe he will be suspended. If we assume it wasn't intentional, the league would piss off only the Timberwolves and their fans by suspending an innocent player. If they don't, under the same assumption, it will piss off the whole league.

Essentially, it'll be a PR move to suspend him.

Xsatyr
02-05-2012, 05:21 AM
Come on he gets hacked across the arms then jumps on the floor, are we lookin at the same replay?

Their right knees were locked during the hack while he was pushing through. Scola did not jump, he tried to get his right foot in front but was late.

kumquat
02-05-2012, 05:32 AM
Um, everyone is overreacting. He was trying to step past him, but Luis put his hands up blocking Kevin's foot. He could either try to hop past, or just push through.

No big deal. I'm sure the league will fine or suspend him because of all the whiners, though.

Thankyou

/thread.

Hittin_Shots
02-05-2012, 05:38 AM
Their right knees were locked during the hack while he was pushing through. Scola did not jump, he tried to get his right foot in front but was late.

I guess we're not gonna agree.

bballbball
02-05-2012, 07:46 AM
It was intentional. He tried to play it off as an accident in the post game interview but by the way he phrased his words and the look he gave, it's obvious he did it on purpose. Lost all respect for him.

dude77
02-05-2012, 08:03 AM
It was intentional. He tried to play it off as an accident in the post game interview but by the way he phrased his words and the look he gave, it's obvious he did it on purpose. Lost all respect for him.

what will he do now that he doesn't have your respect ?

Hittin_Shots
02-05-2012, 08:28 AM
what will he do now that he doesn't have your respect ?

KLove on suicide watch.

Lebron23
02-05-2012, 08:30 AM

DAMN

Askmeificare
02-05-2012, 11:44 AM
suspend him for 5 games

GOBB
02-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Dirty play but Kevin Love has been an solid spot in the game of basketball. I dont recall of him being involved in any other incidents on the court that were dirty, flagrant of nature. Correct me if I'm wrong (I also didnt read thread).

Suspension should be 1 game at most. It was a heated back and forth and you can see in the video. Who knows if it went on longer prior to that. Given the commentators remarks of them it seemed like other stuff went on. I dont know, didnt see game (slacking on watching Wolves).

Every guy has their "moment" of an uncharacterstic move. This was Kevin Love. Fine, 1 game suspension. And we all move on. I dont think he meant to stomp his face, moreso chest.

Any word on Love's thoughts post game?

GOBB
02-05-2012, 11:53 AM

You lost all respect for a human being making a mistake. Safe to say you dont respect a great deal of people including yourself. Oh what shall we do? :(

Stop being a drama queen.

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2012, 05:57 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/mw6ptl.jpg

chips93
02-05-2012, 06:14 PM
its kinda funny, people complain about the nba being too soft, reminiscing back to when players were tough, then somebody makes a tough play, and they through a hissy fit. you cant have it both ways.

Xsatyr
02-05-2012, 06:22 PM
its kinda funny, people complain about the nba being too soft, reminiscing back to when players were tough, then somebody makes a tough play, and they through a hissy fit. you cant have it both ways.

They are referring to the physicality of the game, not dirty plays.

Suspension should be 1 game at most. It was a heated back and forth and you can see in the video. Who knows if it went on longer prior to that. Given the commentators remarks of them it seemed like other stuff went on. I dont know, didnt see game (slacking on watching Wolves).

Any word on Love's thoughts post game?

"I got kind of tripped up. ... It happened to be his face, just like in Houston where it happened to be my groin."

The game was def called weird, a lot no calls with many ticky tack calls as well.

millwad
02-05-2012, 06:24 PM
They are referring to the physicality of the game, not dirty plays.

"I got kind of tripped up. ... It happened to be his face, just like in Houston where it happened to be my groin."

The game was def called weird, a lot no calls with many ticky tack calls as well.

Don't care about the situation between Scola and Love no more, Scola was cool after it and Love told him he was sorry, no more to discuss.

But regarding the refs in this game I totally agree with you, they were garbage, no consistensy what so ever and as you just wrote, they called the no calls but missed on plenty calls that should have been made..

steve franchise
02-05-2012, 06:43 PM
I guess when you have zero athleticism you have to resort to throwing elbows for rebounds and stomping on people's face

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2012, 06:52 PM
I guess when you have zero athleticism you have to resort to throwing elbows for rebounds and stomping on people's face
Maybe Scola should stop aiming for people's nuts and things like this wont happen.

ImmortalNemesis
02-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Maybe Scola should stop aiming for people's nuts and things like this wont happen.

I didn't watch the game, but after watching the video it clearly shows Scola didn't do that on purpose. Love on the other hand, might have done it on purpose. Love is really lucky that was Scola's face he chose to stomp on. Someone else surely would have done something about it. Scola keeps his cool, but somebody like Lowry or Patterson would have smacked him right in the face.

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2012, 11:35 PM
I didn't watch the game, but after watching the video it clearly shows Scola didn't do that on purpose. Love on the other hand, might have done it on purpose. Love is really lucky that was Scola's face he chose to stomp on. Someone else surely would have done something about it. Scola keeps his cool, but somebody like Lowry or Patterson would have smacked him right in the face.
Maybe, maybe not. The groin and lower part of the leg are very different places and its pretty easy to distinguish when you are standing 1 foot away.

Regardless, I'm merely playing into the fact that people on this board get so emotional over something that the players involved don't even care about.

LA_Showtime
02-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Just fine him and move on. If Scola don't care then we shouldn't either.

Hittin_Shots
02-05-2012, 11:50 PM

If they weren't scola they most likely wouldn't have jumped on the floor after being hacked and instead of gettin up, laid there.

steve franchise
02-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Maybe, maybe not. The groin and lower part of the leg are very different places and its pretty easy to distinguish when you are standing 1 foot away.

Regardless, I'm merely playing into the fact that people on this board get so emotional over something that the players involved don't even care about.
:blah apparently you care enough to reply to everybody defending your love

FireDavidKahn
02-06-2012, 12:44 AM
:blah apparently you care enough to reply to everybody defending your love
I'm only responding to the ridiculous and pathetic remarks from reputable posters.:oldlol: :facepalm

ImmortalNemesis
02-06-2012, 01:09 AM
If they weren't scola they most likely wouldn't have jumped on the floor after being hacked and instead of gettin up, laid there.

What video are you watching kid? That was a pretty hard foul so I don't think that was a flop.

Over something the players don't even care about?

Scola might say he doesn't care and has instead moved on, but inside.....he DOES care. Scola gets no-calls all the time, yet in this particular play he was pretty pissed off to the point of getting a T. The cheap shot by Love got to him. You're a fool if you think the players don't care, because they obviously do. No one here is raging, we're just pointing out the obvious cheap shot by Love. How some posters still deny this is pretty comical. Someone stomps you in the face, you're going to react, because you care. FACT.

ralph_i_el
02-06-2012, 01:32 AM
are you guys kidding me? Anyone who has played sports has had plays like that happen to them. I guarantee scola won't even remember this play until the next time he plays love, and he'll even the score ON THE COURT.

Ya know...like a man

Hittin_Shots
02-06-2012, 01:37 AM
What video are you watching kid? That was a pretty hard foul so I don't think that was a flop.

kid... It appears you're a dick.

ImmortalNemesis
02-06-2012, 02:10 AM
kid... It appears you're a dick.

Why is that broski?

Meticode
02-06-2012, 02:43 AM
:oldlol: all these people thinking he's getting a suspension is hilarious.

Unintentional. 0 game suspension.

StacksOnDeck
02-06-2012, 02:57 AM
So Kobe gets suspended for unintentional flailing of arms meanwhile Love possibly won't for STOMPING on someone's face?

greymatter
02-06-2012, 03:16 AM
Looks worse than it actually was. Love doesn't have a reputation as a dirty player. He was bringing his foot in a forward motion while stepping. A "stomp" would be a straight downward motion.

This was not a Bruce Bowen/Wally Scerbiak moment.

Meticode
02-06-2012, 03:19 AM
So Kobe gets suspended for unintentional flailing of arms meanwhile Love possibly won't for STOMPING on someone's face?
Correct. 0 Games.

greymatter
02-06-2012, 03:34 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/mw6ptl.jpg

Was worth a nice chuckle. Repped.

bdreason
02-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Love Scola's response. True pro.

Def a missed foul call, and a missed flagrant. One game suspension sounds about right.

steve franchise
02-06-2012, 03:42 AM
I'm only responding to the ridiculous and pathetic remarks from reputable posters.:oldlol: :facepalm
Lol kid is obvious just stop

ImmortalNemesis
02-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Correct. 0 Games.

2 game suspension

Eat shit and die, fakkit.

L8kersfan222
02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Meticode sh1ttin bricks happy has hell he got out of a 2 year avy bet, lmao and he owes everyone 7 dollars for being a snitch.

hawke812
02-06-2012, 07:20 PM
2 game suspension

Eat shit and die, fakkit.

The league was clearly wrong on this one. It was obviously unintentional after Scola clearly flopped.

Darius
02-06-2012, 07:31 PM

Don't bother with this dude, only posts he makes are massaging Love's scrotum and lambasting Blake Griffin (Hmm.... wonder why?).