PDA

View Full Version : Why is Chris Paul so inconsistent?

I.R.Beast
02-05-2012, 01:06 AM
1-9 from the field and 2 points....

Discuss....

Bigsmoke
02-05-2012, 01:10 AM
The game was a blow out tho so why does that matter. I understand if the score was the other way around.

Clocian-IGN
02-05-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm glad you made the thread. if this was drose, you'd see a couple threads pop up with the quickness. nobody gets off the hook here :D

so how bout that cp3...

Inactive
02-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Playing the Wizards, game was a blowout. As long as he shows up when it matters, who cares?

AMISTILLILL
02-05-2012, 01:13 AM
The Clippers win in blow-out fashion, so now we're harping on the rare occasion Chris Paul has played poorly this season.

This is only his 3rd single digit scoring game this season.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/paulch01/gamelog/2012/

Hardly "inconsistent". You can afford to put up a few stinkers here and there when your back court has starting caliber PGs/SGs capable of running the offense in your stead.

Tenchi Ryu
02-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Playing the Wizards, game was a blowout. As long as he shows up when it matters, who cares?
Cause flip it around, make it Rose...and we get "Bulls Defense carries Rose" and "Wrong Choice for MVP" threads all night.

demons2005
02-05-2012, 01:18 AM
someone should make a cp excuse generator to save all his relatives the trouble of coming on here all the time to post their crap.

"it doesn't matter cuz they won" are you kidding me? He has these duds all the time and coincidentally it's usually in games he know noone is watching. Rose brings it every single night against every team he plays his heart out and loves the game. CP does the bear minimum unless it's on TV or a game people will talk about. When's the last time he had a great game against a bad small market team probably back in 2008. It's frankly pathetic that a supposed "team leader" would not care enough about the game itself only the media and hype surrounding the game. Paul is a disgrace to the game in so many ways but people are willing to twist their brains into knots to make excuses for him however contradictory or dumb it is.

Cangri
02-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Why are the Bulls fans (or Rose nut/hugers) so insecure? :oldlol:

Tenchi Ryu
02-05-2012, 01:20 AM
Why are the Bulls fans (or Rose nut/hugers) so insecure? :oldlol:
This coming from one of the main offenders...

No one is....its the truth. Straight up double standards. If Rose had this kind of game, he'd get eaten alive all night.

tmacattack33
02-05-2012, 01:21 AM
someone should make a cp excuse generator to save all his relatives the trouble of coming on here all the time to post their crap.

"it doesn't matter cuz they won" are you kidding me? He has these duds all the time and coincidentally it's usually in games he know noone is watching. Rose brings it every single night against every team he plays his heart out and loves the game. CP does the bear minimum unless it's on TV or a game people will talk about. When's the last time he had a great game against a bad small market team probably back in 2008. It's frankly pathetic that a supposed "team leader" would not care enough about the game itself only the media and hype surrounding the game. Paul is a disgrace to the game in so many ways but people are willing to twist their brains into knots to make excuses for him however contradictory or dumb it is.

Chris Paul's spent his entire career up until now in New Orleans, and D Rose has been in Chicago. Thus, I don't think you can use the angle that Chris Paul only shows up to play when he's playing against a major market team whereas D Rose brings it all day every day. Every game D Rose plays in involves a major market team. LOL.

305Baller
02-05-2012, 01:22 AM
is this about Chris Paul being fat?

:D

AMISTILLILL
02-05-2012, 01:23 AM

Remember that time you were supposed to leave ISH and you didn't? And everyone made fun of you about it?

RoseCity07
02-05-2012, 01:23 AM
Now I want Chris Paul on the Blazers as much of the next fan but I think his knees are going bad. I know his knee situation is heading toward the Brandon Roy route. Every time I talk with friends about how sweet it would be to have CP3 that's where the conversation goes. I don't think he is going to have a very long career. I'm not sure he'll be in the NBA in 4-5 seasons.

Cangri
02-05-2012, 01:25 AM

No one is....its the truth. Straight up double standards. If Rose had this kind of game, he'd get eaten alive all night.
Main offenders? :roll:

I remember I was calling you out on you BULLSht excuse as to why Rose was shooting worse from the 3 this season than in previous years. You just got mad because you can't handle the facts.:confusedshrug:

demons2005
02-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Now I want Chris Paul on the Blazers as much of the next fan but I think his knees are going bad. I know his knee situation is heading toward the Brandon Roy route. Every time I talk with friends about how sweet it would be to have CP3 that's where the conversation goes. I don't think he is going to have a very long career. I'm not sure he'll be in the NBA in 4-5 seasons.
Thats true about his injury and I'd like everyone to know just in case they didn't that this poster isn't even a bulls homer or whatever he is actually named after the Rose garden. Paul's is heading for early retirement and even neutral fans know it.

Tenchi Ryu
02-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Main offenders? :roll:

I remember I was calling you out on you BULLSht excuse as to why Rose was shooting worse from the 3 this season than in previous years. You just got mad because you can't handle the facts.:confusedshrug:
You weren't calling anything out... The only thing I was wrong about was HOW MUCH it would go up, but Sarcastic did the math and it WENT UP. That was my entire point.

You'd be rolling with this if Rose had an off game like this.

Cangri
02-05-2012, 01:36 AM
You weren't calling anything out... The only thing I was wrong about was HOW MUCH it would go up, but Sarcastic did the math and it WENT UP. That was my entire point.

You'd be rolling with this if Rose had an off game like this.
Ok, I was just laughting at your retarded excuse that Rose's 3 point % sucks just because he shoots half court shots at the end of every quarter (which he doesnt):roll: :roll:

And no, I could care less if Rose had a bad game, I'm not a loser like you that get's excited about that sht.

I.R.Beast
02-05-2012, 01:37 AM
The Clippers win in blow-out fashion, so now we're harping on the rare occasion Chris Paul has played poorly this season.

This is only his 3rd single digit scoring game this season.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/paulch01/gamelog/2012/

Hardly "inconsistent". You can afford to put up a few stinkers here and there when your back court has starting caliber PGs/SGs capable of running the offense in your stead.
he's only played 16 games, and already has 3 less than 10 point games, ....He's scored 15 points or less in ALL of the clippers losses he played in(5)....and averages about 11 shots per game in those losses......

He's as inconsistent as the word can be......

Tenchi Ryu
02-05-2012, 01:42 AM
And no, I could care less if Rose had a bad game, I'm not a loser like you that get's excited about that sht.
Who the hell is getting excited? People are pointing out the double standards which is fukked up. How many countless threads we get if Rose has a bad game. How many trolls we get claiming he's not even top 10. OP is right, CP3 is inconsistent, but its brushed under a rug with statements like:

"Playing the Wizards, game was a blowout. As long as he shows up when it matters, who cares?"

Rose's support does a good job and all of a sudden, Rose is carried by Bulls defense.

AMISTILLILL
02-05-2012, 01:42 AM
he's only played 16 games, and already has 3 less than 10 point games, ....He's scored 15 points or less in ALL of the clippers losses he played in(5)....and averages about 11 shots per game in those losses......

He's as inconsistent as the word can be......

Funny this only gets mentioned when he has games like tonight. In any other context people are saying he has a shot at MVP, he's playing his best ball since 2008, finally bouncing back to full health from the injuries, etc. Nobody within their right mind actually considers him "inconsistent". They consider him "human" because he frequently "has to deal with injuries" like "normal humans".

Cangri
02-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Who the hell is getting excited? People are pointing out the double standards which is fukked up. How many countless threads we get if Rose has a bad game. How many trolls we get claiming he's not even top 10. OP is right, CP3 is inconsistent, but its brushed under a rug with statements like:

"Playing the Wizards, game was a blowout. As long as he shows up when it matters, who cares?"

Rose's support does a good job and all of a sudden, Rose is carried by Bulls defense.
If you haven't noticed yet, EVERY top 5 player gets shtted on in ISH, just ignore it. Just be happy that Rose still isn't as hated as Kobe and Lebron.:oldlol:

I.R.Beast
02-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Funny this only gets mentioned when he has games like tonight. In any other context people are saying he has a shot at MVP, he's playing his best ball since 2008, finally bouncing back to full health from the injuries, etc. Nobody within their right mind actually considers him "inconsistent". They consider him "human" because he frequently "has to deal with injuries" like "normal humans".
He's inconsistent.....it's not a coincidence that the clippers lose the games he decides to take off, being too passive and playing as if his desire to win doesn't exist. He had 40 games last year just like the 5 i described in my previous post. If that's not inconsistency then what is?....thats more than half the games he played last year... and since he's only played 16 games thus far this year, He's playing sub par in a 1/3 of the games he's playing.

Kiddlovesnets
02-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Because every NBA player can have on or off games, give them a break and good players always find a way to rebound from bad forms.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-05-2012, 01:51 AM
You Rose stans are out of f*cking control.

AMISTILLILL
02-05-2012, 01:53 AM
He's inconsistent.....it's not a coincidence that the clippers lose the games he decides to take off, being too passive and playing as if his desire to win doesn't exist. He had 40 games last year just like the 5 i described in my previous post. If that's not inconsistency then what is?....thats more than half the games he played last year... and since he's only played 16 games thus far this year, He's playing sub par in a 1/3 of the games he's playing.

:oldlol:

Bigsmoke
02-05-2012, 02:26 AM

Here is the thing

Paul had surgery in one knee while Roy had it in both and Paul surgery was 2 years ago and haven't complained about it since. He played 80 games last year and outworked anybody on the playoffs and now he flipped and entire franchise around into a title continder.

Go Getter
02-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Here is the thing

Paul had surgery in one knee while Roy had it in both and Paul surgery was 2 years ago and haven't complained about it since. He played 80 games last year and outworked anybody on the playoffs and now he flipped and entire franchise around into a title continder.
Agree with everything but out worked everykne in the playoffs o watched that last game and he did not go out gunning he went out with a wimper actually.

DRose1899
02-05-2012, 02:35 AM
his team win in friggin blowout :facepalm
feck off box-score watcher, n he even only take few shots

Why you just not talking about your other boy Westbrook that got roasted by Tony Parker.

I.R.Beast
02-05-2012, 02:38 AM
his team win in friggin blowout :facepalm
feck off box-score watcher, n he even only take few shots

Why you just not talking about your other boy Westbrook that got roasted by Tony Parker.
Westbrook had a good game.....offensively atleast..... his team winning doesn make the game he had a good game....it's the wiards for ete's sake.

RoseCity07
02-05-2012, 02:41 AM
Here is the thing

If he gets osteoarthritis in one knee it really doesn't matter. The meniscus is there so the cartilage on the ends of the bones does not wear away. If he has much more of that meniscus removed the knee will end up in bad shape.

DRose1899
02-05-2012, 02:41 AM
Westbrook had a good game.....offensively atleast..... his team winning doesn make the game he had a good game....it's the wiards for ete's sake.
Well he's jumpshooter, its happen.. n yet he still percentage leader among PG :facepalm

I.R.Beast
02-05-2012, 02:43 AM
Well he's jumpshooter, its happen.. n yet he still percentage leader among PG :facepalm
because all he does is shoot wide open jumpers off of SCREENS!!!...

notatop29pg
02-05-2012, 02:58 AM

I know right... Lowest IQ pg ever.

D-Wade316
02-05-2012, 03:02 AM
And that's what makes CP3 better than Rose. Why would CP3 take off-balance, or contact shots when he can efficiently score coming from screens?

Bigsmoke
02-05-2012, 03:02 AM
Agree with everything but out worked everykne in the playoffs o watched that last game and he did not go out gunning he went out with a wimper actually.

Yeah he pulled an Lebron in game 6
:lol

But come on. The man is 5'11 and he outrebounded Bynum, Gasol, and Odom in game 4 and he was just flat out nasty in the first one.

I.R.Beast
02-05-2012, 03:05 AM
And that's what makes CP3 better than Rose. Why would CP3 take off-balance, or contact shots when he can efficiently score coming from screens?

So let me get this straight what makes him o great is his ability to NOT create his own offense?....OK i hear ya.

devin112
02-05-2012, 03:07 AM
At one point the lead was 36, Paul didn't even try. :facepalm

I.R.Beast
02-05-2012, 03:09 AM
1-9 from the field is indicative of not trying...guess he wasn't trying in the blowout to denver last night too?....same 9 shots.

Bigsmoke
02-05-2012, 03:14 AM

The Clippers f'd up big time.

Chris should have dominated that 4th quarter. He's trash.

DRose1899
02-05-2012, 03:14 AM
So let me get this straight what makes him o great is his ability to NOT create his own offense?....OK i hear ya.
So you saying CP can't make his own shot :facepalm
you saying this to arguably best iso player in the league :facepalm

just check out CP's 6-7 great 4th quarter performances at this season alone u fool.

notatop29pg
02-05-2012, 03:16 AM

Kinda crazy isn't it.. Using the other 4 guys on his team to get baskets.

Work smarter not harder.

devin112
02-05-2012, 03:16 AM
1-9 from the field is indicative of not trying...guess he wasn't trying in the blowout to denver last night too?....same 9 shots.

The Denver game was their 4th in 5 days. 36 point isn't enough, the PG has to score more?

The lead was 36 at one point, that's indicative of not needing to try. You question the ability of Chris Paul? You think it was necessary to try to be the Wiz? You think the Wiz shut him down? haha.

The PG's job is to lead the team to a victory, he did his job. period, end of question.

They won, he didn't have an off day.

devin112
02-05-2012, 03:18 AM
So you saying CP can't make his own shot :facepalm
you saying this to arguably best iso player in the league :facepalm

just check out CP's 6-7 great 4th quarter performances at this season alone u fool.

CP3 usually takes what the defense gives him in the first 3 and in the fourth he takes what he wants. Anyone can see that, cept the blind and haters. Which obviously, the OP is. In addition to being a *******.

I.R.Beast
02-05-2012, 03:22 AM
CP3 usually takes what the defense gives him in the first 3 and in the fourth he takes what he wants. Anyone can see that, cept the blind and haters. Which obviously, the OP is. In addition to being a *******.
smt...right right.... Just like he took what he wanted against denver?.... Lead team to victory?....with 2 points?...LMAO

devin112
02-05-2012, 03:46 AM
smt...right right.... Just like he took what he wanted against denver?.... Lead team to victory?....with 2 points?...LMAO

Denver game was 4th game in 5 days. If you doubt Paul's ability to score in the 4th then you're hopelessly blind and dumb.

25,26,34, then 15 on the 4th game in 5 days.

Why would you hold it against Paul that he didn't score enough when his team already had a lead as big as 36 and on the first game of a long road trip?

dude77
02-05-2012, 03:51 AM

rose is mvp .. rose is the proclaimed best player in the league by a lot of you bulls fans .. rose shits roses .. you best believe he's gonna get criticism when his performance dips .. paul isn't supposed to be on his level .. right ?

if you're gonna be propping him up and claiming he's the best and this and that, then you better be able to take the criticism when he doesn't play like the best

comerb
02-05-2012, 04:29 AM

Rose wouldn't have went 1/9... he'd of went 2/18. That's the difference.

tikay0
02-05-2012, 04:48 AM
Rose wouldn't have went 1/9... he'd of went 2/18. That's the difference.

It's physically impossible for Rose to go 1/9, let alone 2/18. He sleep walks to 20 pts. nightly. He's that damn good.

Jyap9675
02-05-2012, 04:49 AM
omfg another chris paul sucks thread.... not again please.

tikay0
02-05-2012, 04:52 AM
omfg another chris paul sucks thread.... not again please.

Your gonna get a lot of em. Because he does in fact suck. Jk, i just hate the fat little chubster. He whines and complains like the refs owe him a call. He flops like no ones business. He is a dirty little player too. He's close with the big 3 of miami, another reason i dislike him. He's a main competitor to my boy D-rose, and he probably has sweat stains under his chubby little man boobs.

dude77
02-05-2012, 04:53 AM
It's physically impossible for Rose to go 1/9, let alone 2/18. He sleep walks to 20 pts. nightly. He's that damn good.

yep and he shits roses don't forget that one

tikay0
02-05-2012, 04:54 AM
yep and he shits roses don't forget that one

How did you know? Only true rose fans know that secret.

entropy35
02-05-2012, 06:12 AM
Why did Rose's name appear in a thread about Chris Paul and his apparent inconsistencies?

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Like I've been saying CP3 is the most overrated player of our generation. People let him slide through with a lot of stuff. The guy has 2 good games the whole season and people proclaim him as a top 10 player, but the guys cant keep up with the new breed of PGs. This isnt 2006 anymore. He had 2 fluke seasons in his career, he's in the same class as TMAC and Vince Carter. People come up with excuses(as posted by some retards in this thread) about his injuries when he plays bad, but the dude is perfectly fine. Even the Clippers training staff has said CP3 is perfectly healthy to play. Why do people still hype him up? The guy is a role player.

Glide2keva
02-05-2012, 09:01 AM
You Rose stans are out of f*cking control.
OP is a Blazers fan :facepalm

Math2
02-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Your gonna get a lot of em. Because he does in fact suck. Jk, i just hate the fat little chubster. He whines and complains like the refs owe him a call. He flops like no ones business. He is a dirty little player too. He's close with the big 3 of miami, another reason i dislike him. He's a main competitor to my boy D-rose, and he probably has sweat stains under his chubby little man boobs.

Yes.....and most of that makes him a bad player

Math2
02-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Like I've been saying CP3 is the most overrated player of our generation. People let him slide through with a lot of stuff. The guy has 2 good games the whole season and people proclaim him as a top 10 player, but the guys cant keep up with the new breed of PGs. This isnt 2006 anymore. He had 2 fluke seasons in his career, he's in the same class as TMAC and Vince Carter. People come up with excuses(as posted by some retards in this thread) about his injuries when he plays bad, but the dude is perfectly fine. Even the Clippers training staff has said CP3 is perfectly healthy to play. Why do people still hype him up? The guy is a role player.
Yes....on top of that, who wants a fat point guard

Thechosen1
02-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Derick rose fans are the insecure slut that doesnt know why the good girl next door gets married, and she only gets ****ed

RRR3
02-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Rose stans trying to overtake Kobe stans for the most insecure group of ******gers on ish :lol

NBAtipoff
02-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Not in this game, but during the regular season CP3 can be inconsistent. It's because he doesn't care every night during the regular season. It's just how CP3 is. It's smart because if he gave it his all every night, he'd be gased come playoff time. He does slack off more than he should though.

Boogaboog
02-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Paul is certainly more inconsistent than Rose. The reason why people rate him higher is because Paul, at his best, exhibits basketball genius, whereas Rose is very workmanlike, utilizing his athleticism and determination rather than the off-the-charts court IQ of Paul's peak ability. I just think CP3 is more interesting to watch, though Rose had my MVP vote last year.

ACCBaller1403
02-05-2012, 12:10 PM
I was courtside at this game and can say without a doubt that CP played well. People should stop just looking at a stat line without context. He managed the game, was all over the court on defense, and just happened to shoot poorly. I'm a Wizards fan but would kill for someone to care as much as CP does.

He also was a second coach out there. He was directing the offense and calling out defensive shifts the whole game. I've seen him live courtside twice so far (once with the Hornets and last night) and I can guarantee this guy has a coaching or analyst future in him.

You can't just measure him on points, assists, steals (he excels at all three) but also the fact that he's changing a culture of losing and not caring from these Clippers.

He may flop, he may complain, he may be a nuisance, but the guy is a flat out talent. His 1-9 night came on all open shots and good looks, he just didn't hit them. Who cares, they won by over 20. People are just looking for ways to get down on him for whatever reason.

TheTruth11
02-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Here is the thing

Being Chubby can't be good for his knee. Being stubby and built like a tree stump has to take it's toll on the knees. He really needs to get back to his rookie playing weight if he wants to lengthen his career.

Clippersfan86
02-05-2012, 01:48 PM
You guys are apparently still misinformed on CP3's injury. He had a PIECE of cartilage cut out, not the entire thing. So he's still got enough cartilage in both knees. The training staff works out his knee with strengthening exercises every day.

So no he isn't declining and yes he can have a top season like 08-09. Give him time to learn the team. One bad game after averaging 25, 10, 5 and 3 for 6 games doesn't mean he's overrated. Stop the overreactions.

Clippersfan86
02-05-2012, 01:49 PM
I was courtside at this game and can say without a doubt that CP played well. People should stop just looking at a stat line without context. He managed the game, was all over the court on defense, and just happened to shoot poorly. I'm a Wizards fan but would kill for someone to care as much as CP does.

He also was a second coach out there. He was directing the offense and calling out defensive shifts the whole game. I've seen him live courtside twice so far (once with the Hornets and last night) and I can guarantee this guy has a coaching or analyst future in him.

You can't just measure him on points, assists, steals (he excels at all three) but also the fact that he's changing a culture of losing and not caring from these Clippers.

He may flop, he may complain, he may be a nuisance, but the guy is a flat out talent. His 1-9 night came on all open shots and good looks, he just didn't hit them. Who cares, they won by over 20. People are just looking for ways to get down on him for whatever reason.

:applause: good stuff. I tell people CP3's biggest impact is his floor general ability. People don't realize he's actually our defensive leader as well. He's constantly yelling at the team to get back on D, get into position etc. When he was out 5 games you could tell the guys slacked off more. Which is why his impact cannot be overstated.

LAClipsFan33
02-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Yea CP3 is so inconsistent shooting the ball this year that he's off to his best FG% of his career this year

:facepalm

Clippersfan86
02-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Yea CP3 is so inconsistent shooting the ball this year that he's off to his best FG% of his career this year

And 3 point percentage.

LAClipsFan33
02-05-2012, 02:07 PM
And 3 point percentage.

:applause:

Clippersfan86
02-05-2012, 02:11 PM
:applause:

What's more impressive is Paul is putting up 18 ppg, a 2 ppg increase from last year.... despite playing with the most weapons in the NBA of any other star yet people are finding reasons to bit*h :oldlol: . You don't see Clippers fans around here making these types of threads when Rose has a 5-25 game and scores 10 points... so not sure why CP3 is such an issue lately.

The dude is coming off a stretch where he put up 25, 10, 5 and 3 for 5 or 6 games. No reason to overreact. Paul is having the best shooting year of his career. Do you guys freaking realize Paul is shooting 46 percent from 3 this year!? That's on 1.4 makes out of 3 attempts too! He's attempting a lot and shooting lights out.

Then you look at his 51 percent from the field as a 6'0 PG. Doesn't get more impressive in terms of efficiency. His D has also been very solid.

Derka
02-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Not really much of a need for this thread.

When CP3 doesn't show up in a tight game against a top Western Conf. team, I'll get in on this discussion.

This was a lame blowout game. If Rose were in CP's shoes for this game and performed similarly, I'd say the same thing. People harping on this kind of thing are just hating.

Glide2keva
02-05-2012, 03:28 PM
I was courtside at this game and can say without a doubt that CP played well. People should stop just looking at a stat line without context. He managed the game, was all over the court on defense, and just happened to shoot poorly. I'm a Wizards fan but would kill for someone to care as much as CP does.Why should we? Rose isn't
afforded that same luxury. People look at his stats and if he has a bad game (hell, even if he has a great game) and tear him down.

He also was a second coach out there. He was directing the offense and calling out defensive shifts the whole game. I've seen him live courtside twice so far (once with the Hornets and last night) and I can guarantee this guy has a coaching or analyst future in him.He won't be able to flop from the booth,s o he won't be successful.

You can't just measure him on points, assists, steals (he excels at all three) but also the fact that he's changing a culture of losing and not caring from these Clippers.Again, why does he get this luxury, and no one else?

Now when we say this about Rose, we have 30 posters calling us ******gers and dick riders, etc. But since it's CP360, he gets every excuse in the book.:rolleyes:

demons2005
02-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Wow the CP excuse brigade is out in force.

Here are the facts again that they can't talk their way out of, lest their constant spinning has muddled your head:

CP was 1-9.
He barely even put any effort, relying solely on his teammate to carry them to victory.
If Rose or Kobe played with so little effort the media would crucify them.
Can you imagine what people would say if Rose was 1-9?

Glide2keva
02-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Wow the CP excuse brigade is out in force.

Here are the facts again that they can't talk their way out of, lest their constant spinning has muddled your head:

CP was 1-9.
He barely even put any effort, relying solely on his teammate to carry them to victory.
If Rose or Kobe played with so little effort the media would crucify them.
Can you imagine what people would say if Rose was 1-9?
ISH would be inundated with threads bashing Rose.

But becase CP360 had two good seasons 4 years ago, they are still holding on and giving him every excuse they can think of. But if we do it for Rose, we're ******gers and dick riders.

Classic ISH double standard.

Clocian-IGN
02-05-2012, 03:53 PM

But becase CP360 had two good seasons 4 years ago, they are still holding on and giving him every excuse they can think of. But if we do it for Rose, we're ******gers and dick riders.

gotta love it :cheers:

kmartshopper
02-05-2012, 03:56 PM
:facepalm This thread..

Yung D-Will
02-05-2012, 03:57 PM

Yes you specificlly are an extreme nut hugger and dick rider. But I must agree with you that Cp3 is held to this extremely high standard based off his 08 season and even though he hasn't consistently got back up to that level people continue to act like he's that same player.

ACCBaller1403
02-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Why should we? Rose isn't
afforded that same luxury. People look at his stats and if he has a bad game (hell, even if he has a great game) and tear him down.

He won't be able to flop from the booth,s o he won't be successful.

Again, why does he get this luxury, and no one else?

Now when we say this about Rose, we have 30 posters calling us ******gers and dick riders, etc. But since it's CP360, he gets every excuse in the book.:rolleyes:

This is the exact type of post I'm talking about. I bet you didn't watch the game, or if you did, you were only looking at scoring. Where did I mention Rose? I'm a HUGE Rose supporter. It isn't Rose fans versus the world which is what you guys are making it out to be. I am looking for John Wall to develop on the same path that Rose did. It isn't looking like that's happening, but I will back Rose up to anyone that asks.

So, back down, quit acting like you're some persecuted group of individuals. You act like Rose is the only person that anyone has hated on. With success comes hate. Take it as a complement and deal with it. Don't be so insecure. You act like it's outlandish when people hate on Rose but here you are bringing him into the discussion. Grow up.

ACCBaller1403
02-05-2012, 04:11 PM
This is the exact type of post I'm talking about. I bet you didn't watch the game, or if you did, you were only looking at scoring. Where did I mention Rose? I'm a HUGE Rose supporter. It isn't Rose fans versus the world which is what you guys are making it out to be. I am looking for John Wall to develop on the same path that Rose did. It isn't looking like that's happening, but I will back Rose up to anyone that asks.

So, back down, quit acting like you're some persecuted group of individuals. You act like Rose is the only person that anyone has hated on. With success comes hate. Take it as a complement and deal with it. Don't be so insecure. You act like it's outlandish when people hate on Rose but here you are bringing him into the discussion. Grow up.

And, to act like the league, the fans, the world is against Rose is ridiculous. He's the defending MVP and an EC finalist. Everyone recognizes how good he is. You act like people are saying he's a scrub. Find me one post where that is said from someone not just looking for a reaction.

Glide2keva
02-05-2012, 05:04 PM
And, to act like the league, the fans, the world is against Rose is ridiculous. He's the defending MVP and an EC finalist. Everyone recognizes how good he is. You act like people are saying he's a scrub. Find me one post where that is said from someone not just looking for a reaction.
Half these guys don't watch Bulls game seither, but they don't let that stop them from tearing Rose down for reason, other than his fans liking him.

And I don't act like the league or anyone is against Rose except the hypocrites on this site.

StateOfMind12
02-05-2012, 05:09 PM
So because Chris Paul had one bad game, a game which his team blew out the other team, now he is considered inconsistent? I would like for you to tell me what is consistent if Chris Paul isn't.

tikay0
02-05-2012, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=StateOfMind12]So because Chris Paul had one bad game, a game which his team blew out the other team, now he is considered inconsistent? I would like for you to tell me what is consistent if Chris Paul isn't.[/QUOTE

3 words, Derrick Martel Rose. Chris paul needs to lose some weight, he's a PG in the NBA, have some dignity man. Stop eating cinnabuns and cup cakes fat boy.

AMISTILLILL
02-05-2012, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=StateOfMind12]So because Chris Paul had one bad game, a game which his team blew out the other team, now he is considered inconsistent? I would like for you to tell me what is consistent if Chris Paul isn't.[/QUOTE

3 words, Derrick Martel Rose. Chris paul needs to lose some weight, he's a PG in the NBA, have some dignity man. Stop eating cinnabuns and cup cakes fat boy.

Grow up, moron.

ACCBaller1403
02-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Half these guys don't watch Bulls game seither, but they don't let that stop them from tearing Rose down for reason, other than his fans liking him.

And I don't act like the league or anyone is against Rose except the hypocrites on this site.

Keep fighting the good fight then. If your sole job is defending a player that doesn't know you exist against "the hypocrites" then you're going to have a rough time. Everyone gets hatred. I remember you hating bigtime years ago against Gilbert when he was taking the Wizards to the playoffs for the first time in a decade. You just read it, then move on. You're not going to change everyone's minds.

At the end of the day, everyone who knows anything about basketball knows what Rose brings to the table. Doesn't mean you have to down another all-world talent like Chris Paul in a misguided attempt to "destroy the haters".

It's petty and stupid.

I.R.Beast
02-05-2012, 09:53 PM
:applause: good stuff. I tell people CP3's biggest impact is his floor general ability. People don't realize he's actually our defensive leader as well. He's constantly yelling at the team to get back on D, get into position etc. When he was out 5 games you could tell the guys slacked off more. Which is why his impact cannot be overstated.
LMAo...his on ball defense is trsh and he's yelling at people to get back?..

AMISTILLILL
02-05-2012, 09:54 PM
LMAo...his on ball defense is trsh and he's yelling at people to get back?..

Do you really spend your time migrating from Chris Paul thread to Chris Paul thread trying to defame the guy? Oof.

I.R.Beast
02-05-2012, 10:00 PM
OP is a Blazers fan :facepalm
I'm A Celtic Breh......

I.R.Beast
02-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Do you really spend your time migrating from Chris Paul thread to Chris Paul thread trying to defame the guy? Oof.
do you spend your time monitoring my every move..... I don't swing that way bro.

AMISTILLILL
02-05-2012, 10:11 PM
do you spend your time monitoring my every move..... I don't swing that way bro.

When you immediately post in two CP3 oriented threads and your name is listed as the last post in both at the top of the front page? Yeah, keep reaching.

demons2005
02-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Look CP fanboys noone is trying to "defame" him. He is a flawed player and all they want to do is say he isn't at the same level as the true stars. I don't even dislike him, it's just that the media and this board are full of sycophants who think even his 1-9 games are excellent and would never say the same about any other player. There's something about him that makes everyone overrate him to a degree you never see with any other player. The reason I post about him a lot is because I've made a point to watch his games and be an expert about it, most people only watch the ones on national TV when he always goes all out and the commentators always say things to make you think he's doing better than he is. Most games he doesn't care and plays like it. I say these things as probably the foremost expert on his game at least on this board. He does not deserve half of the credit he gets here or elsewhere. That's all I'm saying, that's all it's about. It is simply not fair that people consider him the best PG in the game when he frankly is obviously not and anyone objective would have to agree. THe problem is ESPN and the media are always pushing the CP agenda and saying things that lead people to believe he is better or more impactful than he is.

LoneyROY7
02-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Look CP fanboys noone is trying to "defame" him. He is a flawed player and all they want to do is say he isn't at the same level as the true stars. I don't even dislike him, it's just that the media and this board are full of sycophants who think even his 1-9 games are excellent and would never say the same about any other player. There's something about him that makes everyone overrate him to a degree you never see with any other player. The reason I post about him a lot is because I've made a point to watch his games and be an expert about it, most people only watch the ones on national TV when he always goes all out and the commentators always say things to make you think he's doing better than he is. Most games he doesn't care and plays like it. I say these things as probably the foremost expert on his game at least on this board. He does not deserve half of the credit he gets here or elsewhere. That's all I'm saying, that's all it's about. It is simply not fair that people consider him the best PG in the game when he frankly is obviously not and anyone objective would have to agree. THe problem is ESPN and the media are always pushing the CP agenda and saying things that lead people to believe he is better or more impactful than he is.

ROFL at this bitter Lakers' fan.

Why don't you go renege on another bet, huh bud?

Clocian-IGN
02-05-2012, 10:31 PM

+rep :applause:

LoneyROY7
02-05-2012, 10:39 PM
+rep :applause:

:applause: Another Rose homer who fails to recognize that both Paul and Rose are fantastic players, and that one doesn't need to be put down in order to prop the other up.

Glide2keva
02-05-2012, 11:03 PM
:applause: Another Rose homer who fails to recognize that both Paul and Rose are fantastic players, and that one doesn't need to be put down in order to prop the other up.
Yet they always do it to Rose when someone gives him props. :facepalm

We try to talk about something good Rose did and here come the CP360 brigade, capes flapping in the wind.

Clocian-IGN
02-05-2012, 11:06 PM

:confusedshrug: I dont have any problems with paul other than his flopping, non stop complaining and passive play. my prob like the OP are the cp3 stans who continue to think that cp3 can do no wrong and when he has good games, he's the best pg in the league then when he has bad/subpar games it's "he's not healthy/in-shape yet!". As I've said if rose had that 1/9 game there would a couple topics on how how he's sucks etc yet nobody was gonna make a thread for cp3 in that game til IR made the thread. Best to get used to cp3 trolling/criticism(esp with that team) because we've been getting it for a while now. As they say, "what goes around, comes around". :violin:

demons2005
02-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Yet they always do it to Rose when someone gives him props. :facepalm

We try to talk about something good Rose did and here come the CP360 brigade, cape flapping in the wind.
lol amen. It'd be one thing if it was clips fans, they are naive to good basketball so they are just overexcited about everything and not very knowledgable about the game yet. But most of these guys arent even clips fans they are like rrr and even some lakers fans. I can only presume some of them are family members of CP. They dont even care about the clippers it's all about pushing Paul on this message board.

demons2005
02-05-2012, 11:09 PM
:confusedshrug: I dont have any problems with paul other than his flopping, non stop complaining and passive play. my prob like the OP are the cp3 stans who continue to think that cp3 can do no wrong and when he has good games, he's the best pg in the league then when he has bad/subpar games it's "he's not healthy/in-shape yet!". As I've said if rose had that 1/9 game there would a couple topics on how how he's sucks etc yet nobody was gonna make a thread for cp3 in that game til IR made the thread. Best to get used to cp3 trolling/criticism(esp with that team) because we've been getting it for a while now. As they say, "what goes around, comes around". :violin:Actually I agree with your point but in fact there were 3 threads about his play in that game, i don't know who made the other one but I made one yesterday. THe sad thing is it was completely ignored the CP stans dont want to talk about it when he has a bad game they are just waiting for him to score 20 points in a game so they can swoop back in and flood the board with threads of how he is the greatest pg ever

Jyap9675
02-05-2012, 11:09 PM
cp3 transformed clippers this year. I love both rose and cp3 and cp3 deserves all the credit he is getting.

hates gonna hate

devin112
02-05-2012, 11:25 PM
He's consistently leading his team to wins, so what's the prob?

OP brings up 2 performances, one was the 4th game in 5 days and the other is a game with a 36 point lead.... talk about being unfair, OP is such a *******

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 11:30 PM
cp3 transformed clippers this year. I love both rose and cp3 and cp3 deserves all the credit he is getting.

hates gonna hate

See what I mean? Statements like these makes me wonder if people actually watch this guy play or if they listen to the media. The Clippers have grown as the team from last year, and they have added a bunch of pieces, MO, Billups, Butler etc. All these guys can really play and alongside the improvement of Blake from last year. CP3 has probably helped the Clippers as much as Billups, Butler, Mo has, but to say he has transformed the Clips by himself is just plain stupid.

nathanjizzle
02-05-2012, 11:31 PM
wait...chris paul only scored 2 points? but yet hes supposedly still greater than d rose.:lol

I.R.Beast
02-06-2012, 01:25 AM
wait...chris paul only scored 2 points? but yet hes supposedly still greater than d rose.:lol
because he controlled the tempo of the game...lol

notatop29pg
02-06-2012, 01:28 AM
I think its more due to the fact that all those years when CP3 was killing it nobody could have been bothered tuning in to check it out coz it was the Hornets... Now that he's in the public eye a bit more everybody has the chance to check him out.

Whereas those who have watched him since day one (myself via league pass), we see a guy that has tried the D.Rose way - 08/09 etc and tried to carry the world on his shoulders, but now he's 4 years older and wiser and is making subtle changes to his game to try and make his TEAM a winner. Now D.Rose is great at carrying, dont get me wrong (as is Paul), but come playoffs when D.Rose inevitably gets beaten up and shut out (15-20pts) WILL his team mates be capable of stepping it up? especially as they have never had to before? CP3 learnt that lesson the hard way in the nuggets series, he went down shooting but his team had no clue how to step up. He then refined his game to chipping in when required, while force feeding duds like belli and ariza, in the hope that come playoffs, they could chip in during the times when CP couldnt, or chip in just enough to keep the D from drowning CP.

Being an aussie who has just come back from a Nation wide USA trip, i found it incredible how half you guys barely even acknoweledge the existence of the other states, let alone give a rats about anything to do with them, why not enjoy the fact that you have 2 (and more) outrageously good pg's running around?

I enjoy watching CP invent his own plays out on the floor, the way he uses his team mates like his own personal puppets to make obstacles for his opponents. I also enjoy the way Rose just runs through, over and around defenders time and time again to keep his team in the game.

I dont think Rose is going to go from 25/6 to 35/6 over the next few years though... i think that like Paul, he will learn that he needs the other 4 blokes on the floor, and will probably find the ultimate success if/when he evens out his style a bit and hits about 20-22/9-12...

Anyway, just my opinion, probably not really suitable for this thread ;)

Glide2keva
02-06-2012, 05:37 PM
:applause: Another Rose homer who fails to recognize that both Paul and Rose are fantastic players, and that one doesn't need to be put down in order to prop the other up.It's not being a Rose "homer" or putting CP360 down to prop Rose up.

We are never the one's who initiate it. Yet we are always bombarded by the CP360 brigade and then we are called annoying or butt hurt or whatever by the people who come in the thread with no intention other than to trash Rose.

Glide2keva
02-06-2012, 05:44 PM
I enjoy watching CP invent his own plays out on the floor, the way he uses his team mates like his own personal puppets to make obstacles for his opponents. I also enjoy the way Rose just runs through, over and around defenders time and time again to keep his team in the game.So now he invents his own plays? Man will the overrating of him ever find an end?

I don't think Rose is going to go from 25/6 to 35/6 over the next few years though. I think that like Paul, he will learn that he needs the other 4 blokes on the floor, and will probably find the ultimate success if/when he evens out his style a bit and hits about 20-22/9-12.You say this like Rose just completely ignores his teammates. He doesn't. 25/6? He's averaging 24 and 8 with 26 assists in his last two games and two game this season of over 30/10. He's getting his teammates involved, it's up to them to finish his passes.

BGriffin's Dad
02-06-2012, 10:59 PM
consistently winning and finishing and hitting clutch shots

15-7

LoneyROY7
02-06-2012, 10:59 PM
To sum this thread up...

LOL.

REACTION
02-10-2012, 10:36 PM
How many game-winning shots does that make for CP3 this season?

demons2005
02-10-2012, 10:41 PM
How many game-winning shots does that make for CP3 this season?
First one if it even counts. that was choking gamewinner if you were watching the game. He got bailed out early in the possession by his teammate saving him dribbling the ball off his foot or whatever. he also got lucky he didn't get called for a foul on Lou williams on the other end he was standing under him on that shot and pulling him before it

Al Thornton
02-10-2012, 10:42 PM
First one if it even counts. that was choking gamewinner if you were watching the game. He got bailed out early in the possession by his teammate saving him dribbling the ball off his foot or whatever. he also got lucky he didn't get called for a foul on Lou williams on the other end he was standing under him on that shot and pulling him before it

lol

REACTION
02-10-2012, 10:44 PM

ACCBaller1403
02-10-2012, 10:45 PM

You are persistent ill give you that.

demons2005
02-10-2012, 10:51 PM
if you're just watching the box score you think it's a great play but it was very very lucky if you watched it. he was getting smothered but chose to pound the rock endlessly, then totally lost control of it. Luckily for him i didnt see who it was but someone on his team came up with the loose ball and gave it to him. he proceeded to dribble it more and take a low percentege shot against a great defender who missed the block. that seems more like luck then anything especially considering how many put away shots he missed down the stretch

JohnnyWall
02-10-2012, 10:53 PM

You're beyond stupid. Chris Paul bailed his team's asses out on that last shot. Griffin was rolling around on the ground like a polio victim, and everyone else was pretending to be statues while the ball was loose, bouncing around. CP3 made an insanely difficult fadeaway jumper to win the game.

BGriffin's Dad
02-10-2012, 10:55 PM

:facepalm stop even trying :facepalm

ACCBaller1403
02-10-2012, 10:56 PM
if you're just watching the box score you think it's a great play but it was very very lucky if you watched it. he was getting smothered but chose to pound the rock endlessly, then totally lost control of it. Luckily for him i didnt see who it was but someone on his team came up with the loose ball and gave it to him. he proceeded to dribble it more and take a low percentege shot against a great defender who missed the block. that seems more like luck then anything especially considering how many put away shots he missed down the stretch

That's what makes end of game shots tough...making a shot with a defender on you. You're arguing that it wasn't a real game winner (despite the fact it won the game) because it was contested? It wasn't blocked...yeah that's kind of the point.

You are more humorous than anything. I actually think Paul slept with your girl or something. Maybe he ran over your dog? I always thought demons was for the Demon deacons...maybe he ignored you one time at wake forest?

demons2005
02-10-2012, 10:59 PM
You're beyond stupid. Chris Paul bailed his team's asses out on that last shot. Griffin was rolling around on the ground like a polio victim, and everyone else was pretending to be statues while the ball was loose, bouncing around. CP3 made an insanely difficult fadeaway jumper to win the game.
to each his own interpretation.

besides i saw several times in the last couple minutes he missed 15 foot jumpers. if the Sixers dont choke completely CP would have been considered choking the game away.

ps you don't have to get personal and attack a poster you disagree with.

juju151111
02-10-2012, 11:00 PM
First one if it even counts. that was choking gamewinner if you were watching the game. He got bailed out early in the possession by his teammate saving him dribbling the ball off his foot or whatever. he also got lucky he didn't get called for a foul on Lou williams on the other end he was standing under him on that shot and pulling him before it:facepalm
I am sorry but your a hater of epic proportion.

Fiasco
02-10-2012, 11:00 PM

But what if he's ****ing retarded?

notatop29pg
02-10-2012, 11:01 PM
to each his own interpretation.

besides i saw several times in the last couple minutes he missed 15 foot jumpers. if the Sixers dont choke completely CP would have been considered choking the game away.

Someones just angry that CJ Watson is making D.Rose irrelevant.

Clocian-IGN
02-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Someones just angry that CJ Watson is making D.Rose irrelevant.

yup against the bobcats. nice try at the troll though :cheers:

notatop29pg
02-10-2012, 11:04 PM
yup against the bobcats. nice try at the troll though :cheers:

Check out their per 36 stats. Bulls lose nothing when rose is out. In fact, they gain about 18 extra shots split between better shooters.

Clocian-IGN
02-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Check out their per 36 stats. Bulls lose nothing when rose is out. In fact, they gain about 18 extra shots split between better shooters.

lol @ this stat nerd who doesn't watch the games. so you are saying cj > rose. not even gonna waste time. neg rep

JohnnyWall
02-10-2012, 11:07 PM

I wouldn't if every single one of your posts weren't overwhelmingly negative on CP3, even when he performs well. It irritates me when posters do that with any player; Paul, Kobe, LeBron, Rose, Dwight. We get that you're not a fan of Paul, I'm not particularly a fan of his either. But when you can't acknowledge any of his good plays, it makes it difficult to have any meaningful discussions and gets annoying after a while. Same deal with I.R.beast and Celtics4ever.

demons2005
02-10-2012, 11:08 PM
lol @ this stat nerd who doesn't watch the games. so you are saying cj > rose. not even gonna waste time. neg rep
plus rep.

box score junkies whove never even watched the bulls like to tell us whose good and bad on the team. Rose was the youngest MVP ever you think the coaches dont know whose better or worse?

notatop29pg
02-10-2012, 11:08 PM

You can draw your own conclusions. Rose carries the bulls well, but they play far better team ball when he's out. Either that or its an extremely pg friendly system they run.

Tenchi Ryu
02-10-2012, 11:18 PM
You can draw your own conclusions. Rose carries the bulls well, but they play far better team ball when he's out. Either that or its an extremely pg friendly system they run.
No, the reason Watson can run this team so well is BECAUSE he can effectively replace and run a similar game to Rose. He's probably the best back up PG in the league who can come in for Rose and not show a huge drop in quality. He distributes just like Rose, and can also create his shot and bring the team back in the game like Rose. Probably the best back up PG in the league. And lets not forget the teams they HAVE played without him were cupcake teams.

AMISTILLILL
02-11-2012, 05:39 AM
Bump because demons2005 is pathetic.

Pharcyde
02-11-2012, 09:39 AM

No they don't.

Pharcyde
02-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Bump because demons2005 is pathetic.

Yes he is. He used to make threads every day about Chris Paul a few years ago, I don't get why he has such an obsession with trying to "disprove" CP.

Glide2keva
02-11-2012, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't if every single one of your posts weren't overwhelmingly negative on CP3, even when he performs well. It irritates me when posters do that with any player; Paul, Kobe, LeBron, Rose, Dwight. We get that you're not a fan of Paul, I'm not particularly a fan of his either. But when you can't acknowledge any of his good plays, it makes it difficult to have any meaningful discussions and gets annoying after a while. Same deal with I.R.beast and Celtics4ever.
You mean like how the majority of ISH treats Rose?

Got it.

JohnnyWall
02-11-2012, 03:58 PM
You mean like how the majority of ISH treats Rose?

Got it.

Yes. Pretty sure I mentioned Rose.

demons2005
02-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Yes. Pretty sure I mentioned Rose.
admit you mentioned him a little disingenuously. Funny i've never seen you post such a thing in a Rose thread.

JohnnyWall
02-11-2012, 04:03 PM
admit you mentioned him a little disingenuously. Funny i've never seen you post such a thing in a Rose thread.

By "any player" I do in fact mean... any player. I don't think I've even read or posted in Rose threads, so I'm not sure what your point is there.

Glide2keva
02-11-2012, 04:43 PM
By "any player" I do in fact mean... any player. I don't think I've even read or posted in Rose threads, so I'm not sure what your point is there.
That was exactly his point. Your post was saying how you hate players that get bashed even when they play well. Rose gets that treatment all the time. Yet we have et to see you come to his defense the way you came to Pauls.

swi7ch
02-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Simple---he's no Jeremy Lin.

knickswin
02-11-2012, 04:50 PM
i think Chris Paul is pretty consistent this year. he's had some duds, but I see a lot of 25ish point games out of him too.

Jyap9675
02-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Why arent demons irbeast and all these cp3 haters posting about cp3's gamewinner last night?

JohnnyWall
02-11-2012, 07:19 PM
That was exactly his point. Your post was saying how you hate players that get bashed even when they play well. Rose gets that treatment all the time. Yet we have et to see you come to his defense the way you came to Pauls.

I don't come to his defense because I don't really participate in Rose threads at all. I also don't come to the defense of a lot of other players. It doesn't mean I dislike that behavior any less.

DuMa
02-12-2012, 12:30 AM
18pts/14asts/5rbs 2stls.

yeah man he didnt hit 20pts. fail

Kobr
02-12-2012, 02:16 AM
The CP3 detractors got quiet right quick. :oldlol:

xcesswee
02-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Celtics4ever, demons2005, IR Beast are the biggest cp3 haters in the world. Demons is the worst, why the hell would you want to watch every game of a guy you hate? Then you have Rose fanboys who back up the trolls because they root for Rose.