PDA

View Full Version : Lettuce Discuss Chris Paul

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 06:21 PM
People have been making excuses for CP3 since his 2 great seasons. He has not been the same player ever since. He has like one good game out of evert 10 games and people start to think he's great, but every dog has it's day once a while, even guys like Beasely have one good game every once a while. He has no consistency. CP3 is a very good role player, and that's all he is. He hasn't been good since 2008 because he can't keep up with the new breed of PGs, they are just plain and simple better than him. Who was his competition in 2008-2009? Fisher? No wonder he had those great seasons, he was going against bums at the PG position every night. CP3 hasn't developed his game ever since, he seems like a lazy SOB, that's why he's fat. The Clippers training staff have even said CP3 is perfectly healthy to play. Every player plays with small injuries, look at guys like Kobe and Rose(Turf toe) etc., you don't see them complaining or coming up with excuses. Why do people let CP3 slide through? Are they gay for his baby face? I can't think of any other reason. There is no way this guy is a top 8-9 player in the league, he isn't even better than Melo. If Melo went 1-9 or 3-10 in a game, people would be complaining left and right, but if CP3 does that then it's all good because he is everyones gay lover boy. The just shows the high expectations people have for Melo and the low expectations people have of CP3, but they still consider CP3 a top 8-9 player. The guy is the most overrated player of our time. You give DWill/Nash a team like the Clippers, watch them go ham every night.

Not to mention the guy whines and flops at every play. And he is turning the whole Clippers team to be floppers like him, no wonder the Clippers are becoming the most hated team in the NBA.

rfoster24
02-05-2012, 06:23 PM
People have been making excuses for CP3 since his 2 great seasons. He has not been the same player ever since. He has like one good game out of evert 10 games and people start to think he's great, but every dog has it's day once a while, even guys like Beasely have one good game every once a while. He has no consistency. CP3 is a very good role player, and that's all he is. He hasn't been good since 2008 because he can't keep up with the new breed of PGs, they are just plain and simple better than him. Who was his competition in 2008-2009? Fisher? No wonder he had those great seasons, he was going against bums at the PG position every night. CP3 hasn't developed his game ever since, he seems like a lazy SOB, that's why he's fat. The Clippers training staff have even said CP3 is perfectly healthy to play. Every player plays with small injuries, look at guys like Kobe and Rose(Turf toe) etc., you don't see them complaining or coming up with excuses. Why do people let CP3 slide through? Are they gay for his baby face? I can't think of any other reason. There is no way this guy is a top 8-9 player in the league, he isn't even better than Melo. If Melo went 1-9 or 3-10 in a game, people would be complaining left and right, but if CP3 does that then it's all good because he is everyones gay lover boy. The just shows the high expectations people have for Melo and the low expectations people have of CP3, but they still consider CP3 a top 8-9 player. The guy is the most overrated player of our time. You give DWill/Nash a team like the Clippers, watch them go ham every night.

Not to mention the guy whines and flops at every play. And he is turning the whole Clippers team to be floppers like him, no wonder the Clippers are becoming the most hated team in the NBA.

Yes, he has. /endthread

AMISTILLILL
02-05-2012, 06:25 PM
:rolleyes:

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Yes, he has. /endthread

You mean once every 10-15 games. Okay. Why do people call out guys like Melo, LeBron, Kobe, Rose, Durant, Howard when they play like that? Why not CP3? Is his face too baby cute for you to discriminate against?

airchibundo507
02-05-2012, 06:27 PM
he's not the same player as he was prior to his knee surgery. if he brief flashes of his superstar days, but it's not consistent. if the clips want to win a 'ship, I'm thinking Griffin will carry most of the load. especially in future years.

Thechosen1
02-05-2012, 06:36 PM
he must have ****ed your girl

AMISTILLILL
You mean once every 10-15 games. Okay. Why do people call out guys like Melo, LeBron, Kobe, Rose, Durant, Howard when they play like that? Why not CP3? Is his face too baby cute for you to discriminate against?

Plenty of people call him out for it. You're also comparing high profile stars like Melo, LeBron, Kobe, Rose, Durant and Howard, players on highly regarded teams who play a great deal of nationally televised games, to Chris Paul, who was relegated to a struggling, NBA owned Hornets team with a shaky franchise future in New Orleans. It's not comparable. Hardly anyone expected anything out of Chris Paul when he was leading those New Orleans teams to mediocre regular season finishes and first round exits.

His criticisms will increase exponentially now that he's playing for a team in the spotlight and where the pressure and expectations continue to mount. It's his first season with the Clippers and he's more than met expectations thus far, aside from a few low scoring performances. Keep in mind the guy has an All Star caliber rotation of guards to help run the point in a pinch... this isn't like when the best backup option he had during his tenure in NOLA was Jarrett Jack.

I'm not entirely sure what you're expecting out of the guy 30 some-odd games into a lockout shortened season, recovering from missed time with an injury, with a brand new coach, system and an entirely new cast of role players.

Celtics4ever
he's not the same player as he was prior to his knee surgery. if he brief flashes of his superstar days, but it's not consistent. if the clips want to win a 'ship, I'm thinking Griffin will carry most of the load. especially in future years.

Okay, let's just say his knees are holding him back (which I think is BS). Then why is he still considered a top 8-9? I didn't know top players are allowed to be inconsistent.

BGriffin's Dad
02-05-2012, 06:51 PM
this dude obviously has a major bias... in another thread he ranked rondo, westbrook, and dwill over cp3 this season.... lol

Fiasco
02-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Oh look everybody, it's ******4Ever back with an original Chris Paul thread.

REACTION
02-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Averages on the season

CP3: 17.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 8.9 apg, 2.4 spg, 0.1 bpg on 51.1% FG, 45.8% 3PT
Rose: 23.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 8.2 apg, 0.9 spg, 0.7 bpg on 45.9% FG, 31.6% 3PT
Westbrook: 21.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 5.7 apg, 2.0 spg, 0.3 bpg on 45.7% FG, 29.4% 3PT
Rondo: 14.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 9.2 apg, 1.7 spg, 0.0 bpg on 51.0% FG, 30.0% 3PT
DWill: 20.2 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 8.8 apg, 1.1 spg, 0.4 bpg on 40.4% FG, 34.3% 3PT

He's putting up 8.9 assists, 2.4 steals, .511 from the field and .458 from beyond the arc. Needless to say, I don't agree with your lengthy rant.

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 07:07 PM
this dude obviously has a major bias... in another thread he ranked rondo, westbrook, and dwill over cp3 this season.... lol

cuz they are better.

LoneyROY7
02-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Wait, so CP3 is averaging 18 ppg and 9 apg on 51 percent shooting, and yet he only has 1 good game out of every 10?

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac15/coolog1/Muchasgracias.gif

AMISTILLILL
02-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Wait, so CP3 is averaging 18 ppg and 9 apg on 51 percent shooting, and yet he only has 1 good game out of every 10?

:lol

SpecialQue
02-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Oh no, CP3 helped turn the Clippers into the #2 team in the West!

Waaaaahhhh!!!!!!!

:cry:

chips93
02-05-2012, 07:42 PM

bolded made me chuckle

op is the same guy who said ''cp3 is only good because he uses SOOOO many screens!'' :roll: like cp3 is cheating by knowing how to use a screen :roll:

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Oh no, CP3 helped turn the Clippers into the #2 team in the West!

Waaaaahhhh!!!!!!!

:cry:

LOL. So CP3 did that by himself? I didn't know that they didnt add billups, Williams, Butler etc. This is why this dude is overrated by you idiots. And the guy has games like 1-9, 2-8 and the Clippers still seem to win.

SpecialQue
02-05-2012, 07:44 PM
LOL. So CP3 did that by himself? I didn't know that they didnt add billups, Williams, Butler etc. This is why this dude is overrated by you idiots. And the guy has games like 1-9, 2-8 and the Clippers still seem to win.

Are you fvcking illiterate, or just ignoring the fourth word in my post?

LoneyROY7
02-05-2012, 08:00 PM

So, in a recent 4-game stretch in which the Clippers defeated Memphis, OKC, Denver, and Utah, CP3 averaged 25.7 ppg, 9.7 apg, 4.5 rpg on 55.7 percent shooting...

...so was Paul carried in those games?

By the way, those are 4 CONSECUTIVE games...not 1 out of 10.

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 08:05 PM
I dont really get why someone would even rate CP3 over DWill. I bet DWill would be averaging 22-12 if he was on the Clippers, but with the better record. Overrated

LoneyROY7
02-05-2012, 08:06 PM
I dont really get why someone would even rate CP3 over DWill. I bet DWill would be averaging 22-12 if he was on the Clippers, but with the better record. Same guys with 2-3 other PGs. Overrated

I wouldn't expect you to respond to actual facts being posted in this thread.

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't expect you to respond to actual facts being posted in this thread.

The fact that he's overrated by idiots like you? He's good, I'm not saying that, but no way dude is Top 8-9 in the league.

LoneyROY7
02-05-2012, 08:08 PM
The fact that he's overrated by idiots like you? He's good, I'm not saying that, but no way dude is Top 8-9 in the league.

You called him a role player, you f***ing moron.

You ranked Rondo ahead of him. :roll:

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 08:11 PM

Rondo is a better defender than him, and a better passer. Only thing CP3 has over him is a better shot. Get out of his a$$ f@gg.

LoneyROY7
02-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Rondo is a better defender than him, and a better passer. Only thing CP3 has over him is a better shot. Get out of his a$$ f@gg.

Unfortunately, jump shots play a big role in the game basketball. :roll:

And Rondo can't hit one.

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately, jump shots play a big role in the game basketball. :roll:

And Rondo can't hit one.

Defenses sagg off of CP3 and lets him take open jump shots. The same defense is played on Rondo, but a tiny bit more extreme, but he's not as reliable to hit those shots, not saying CP3 is that reliable either. I know all of that, but bottom line is Rondo being a better defender/passer puts him over the edge even though he is worse shooter.

Kobr
02-05-2012, 08:23 PM

The OP called Chris Paul a role player? :oldlol:

LoneyROY7
02-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Defenses sagg off of CP3 and lets him take open jump shots. The same defense is played on Rondo, but a tiny bit more extreme, but he's not as reliable to hit those shots, not saying CP3 is that reliable either, I know all of that, but bottom line is Rondo being a better defender/passer puts him over the edge even though he is worse shooter.

:roll:

Really? CP3 has a 51 eFG percentage on jump shots, while Rondo has a 39 eFG percentage on jumpers.

In case you can't do the math, that's a 12 percent difference. That is MASSIVE. Paul is shooting 45.8 percent from 3, Rondo is 3 for 10 on the season.

CP3 is an elite NBA shooter, while Rondo is one of the worst guards in regards to shooting the league has to offer.

LoneyROY7
02-05-2012, 08:27 PM
The OP called Chris Paul a role player? :oldlol:

LOL yup.

AMISTILLILL
02-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm a huge Celtics fan, and Rondo is one of my favorite players, but even I think ranking him in front of CP3 is borderline retarded.

I think anyone within their right mind would think it was as well.

Jameerthefear
02-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Negged. One-starred. Reported.

Fiasco
02-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Negged. One-starred. Reported.

RT.

demons2005
02-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Wow just the kind of responses I expected to a great thought out post. i agree with the OP and I say that bravely knowing that the CP fanboys will pounce on the slightest negative thing you say about him, rain you with a litany of excuses followed by personal insults. I have never seen a player who you cant say anything even neutral about without their mob of irrational fans attacking you and calling you an idiot. I don't understand the idolization of a slightly above average player much less the way evreyone takes it personally if you point out his flaws. it's just pathetic and like I've been saying I think Pauls entire extended family posts on insidehoops

LA_Showtime
02-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Plenty of people call him out for it. You're also comparing high profile stars like Melo, LeBron, Kobe, Rose, Durant and Howard, players on highly regarded teams who play a great deal of nationally televised games, to Chris Paul, who was relegated to a struggling, NBA owned Hornets team with a shaky franchise future in New Orleans. It's not comparable. Hardly anyone expected anything out of Chris Paul when he was leading those New Orleans teams to mediocre regular season finishes and first round exits.

His criticisms will increase exponentially now that he's playing for a team in the spotlight and where the pressure and expectations continue to mount. It's his first season with the Clippers and he's more than met expectations thus far, aside from a few low scoring performances. Keep in mind the guy has an All Star caliber rotation of guards to help run the point in a pinch... this isn't like when the best backup option he had during his tenure in NOLA was Jarrett Jack.

I'm not entirely sure what you're expecting out of the guy 30 some-odd games into a lockout shortened season, recovering from missed time with an injury, with a brand new coach, system and an entirely new cast of role players.

Are you saying Jarret Jack's not very good? I guess as a Lakers fan, every point guard looks good compared to the shit we trot out. (Love ya, Fisher)

AMISTILLILL
02-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Are you saying Jarret Jack's not very good? I guess as a Lakers fan, every point guard looks good compared to the shit we trot out. (Love ya, Fisher)

No, I'm saying he had no viable backup for 5+ seasons until last year.

Leon.Pown
02-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Wow just the kind of responses I expected to a great thought out post. i agree with the OP and I say that bravely knowing that the CP fanboys will pounce on the slightest negative thing you say about him, rain you with a litany of excuses followed by personal insults. I have never seen a player who you cant say anything even neutral about without their mob of irrational fans attacking you and calling you an idiot. I don't understand the idolization of a slightly above average player much less the way evreyone takes it personally if you point out his flaws. it's just pathetic and like I've been saying I think Pauls entire extended family posts on insidehoops

you never say anything neutral about paul, everything is negative and 99% of your comments are as stupid as a guy getting run over by a parked car. don't know how smart you are on other subjects but whenever you talk about paul you become dumber than a 2 year old baby, and when everyone calls you out on your obvious 5 IQ stupidity you start crying about it. shut the **** up and get the **** out.

AMISTILLILL
02-05-2012, 09:19 PM
you never say anything neutral about paul, everything is negative and 99% of your comments are as stupid as a guy getting run over by a parked car. don't know how smart you are on other subjects but whenever you talk about paul you become dumber than a 2 year old baby, and when everyone calls you out on your obvious 5 IQ stupidity you start crying about it. shut the **** up and get the **** out.

Not to mention he makes game bets he can't back up. :oldlol:

I.R.Beast
02-05-2012, 09:45 PM
So, in a recent 4-game stretch in which the Clippers defeated Memphis, OKC, Denver, and Utah, CP3 averaged 25.7 ppg, 9.7 apg, 4.5 rpg on 55.7 percent shooting...

...so was Paul carried in those games?

By the way, those are 4 CONSECUTIVE games...not 1 out of 10.

look at the clipper losses in the games he's played.....

Paul averages only 10 shots in the 5 losses and has scored 15 or less in all of them... he's shooting 43% in losses... He's only played 16 games and already has had 7 sub par games..... that's 45% of the games he's played.... Paul is far too inconsistent be considered the best PG......

He's very overrated as a PG , he cannot create his own offense, he relies on the PnR too much.

LoneyROY7
02-05-2012, 10:09 PM
look at the clipper losses in the games he's played.....

Paul averages only 10 shots in the 5 losses and has scored 15 or less in all of them... he's shooting 43% in losses... He's only played 16 games and already has had 7 sub par games..... that's 45% of the games he's played.... Paul is far too inconsistent be considered the best PG......

He's very overrated as a PG , he cannot create his own offense, he relies on the PnR too much.

Here is the full highlight of Chris Paul's performance against the Jazz in which he went for 34 points and 11 assists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJgHUQivSkI

After watching this, I'd LOVE to hear how he "cannot create his own offense".

Dwyane Rose
02-05-2012, 10:18 PM

:facepalm

SpecialQue
02-05-2012, 10:57 PM
OK, Superbowl's over. Where was I?

Oh yeah,

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 11:21 PM

Haha dude, of course the fan boys will say he is not overrated. That is expected of them. They have been making excuses for him since 2008. The other funny thing is they talk about his fg%, but the guy gets open looks the whole game. opposing defender saggs off of him and barely contest his shot. He better have a high fg%. Imagine if guys like Durant, Kobe, LeBron, Rose etc. had wide open looks like that the whole game.

Glide2keva
02-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Haha dude, of course the fan boys will say he is not overrated. That is expected of them. They have been making excuses for him since 2008. The other funny thing is they talk about his fg%, but the guy gets open looks the whole game. opposing defender saggs off of him and barely contest his shot. He better have a high fg%. Imagine if guys like Durant, Kobe, LeBron, Rose etc. had wide open looks like that the whole game.
Also, he doesn't just take shots when he should. He protects his FG%, probably for his fantasy owners. He just dribbles around for 20 seconds.

D-Wade316
02-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Best PG in the league.

LoneyROY7
02-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Also, he doesn't just take shots when he should. He protects his FG%, probably for his fantasy owners. He just dribbles around for 20 seconds.

Now he's protecting his stats for fantasy owners?

ISH is too much.

ThatsGame
02-05-2012, 11:33 PM

Derrick Rose
Kobe Bryant

u around much?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Chris Paul is and will always be a better PG. Deal with it Rose lames.

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 11:36 PM

Doesn't that piss you off? It's almost like he tries so hard to be as efficient as he can on purpose. Seems like he doesn't care about winning as much as his efficiency. People don't talk about this becuase baby face Chris Paul can't do no wrong, but last year against the Lakers in the last game, he stopped trying and let the lakers win because he wouldn't be aggressive due to the Lakers double teamming him. He knew he would be taking contested shots, so he didn't want to mess up his fg%, so he kept passing the ball to his teammates. Look at how people rip on LeBRon for doing this, but baby face CP3 gets away with it.

Celtics4ever
02-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Chris Paul is and will always be a better PG. Deal with it Rose lames.

When CP3 has games like 25 and 10 or 23 and 12, people start overrating him, but the funny thing is guys like DRose have those games every other day.

CP3 is Rondo with a better shot, but worse passing and defense. DWill is better than Rondo and CP3

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-05-2012, 11:43 PM
When CP3 has games like 25 and 10 or 23 and 12, people start overrating him, but the funny thing is guys like DRose have those games every other day.

CP3 is Rondo with a better shot, but worse passing and defense. DWill is better than Rondo and CP3

Not as overrated as Rose. Rose =/= Westbrook in a nutshell; Dwill, Rondo and Chris Paul are all better PG's.

Bulls are 15-3 when Luol Deng plays and 3-3 when he does not play

Kuniva = basketball genius....but I'm sure you already knew that...

LA_Showtime
02-05-2012, 11:46 PM
I didn't read your ridiculous block of text so forgive me if I'm repeating what you said, but Chris Paul doesn't need to put up big numbers to help his team win. The guy is a terrific game manager; the fact he can put up 20/10 and close games is just icing on the cake.

Glide2keva
02-05-2012, 11:53 PM
I didn't read your ridiculous block of text so forgive me if I'm repeating what you said, but Chris Paul doesn't need to put up big numbers to help his team win. The guy is a terrific game manager; the fact he can put up 20/10 and close games is just icing on the cake.
So now he's a great game manager.

In football QB's called game managers are the QB's that suck.

LA_Showtime
02-05-2012, 11:57 PM

Well it's a good thing basketball isn't football.

Celtics4ever
02-06-2012, 12:01 AM

REACTION
02-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Are most Rose fans this threatened by Chris Paul? Haven't seen much of this before.

Celtics4ever
02-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Are most Rose fans this threatened by Chris Paul? Haven't seen much of this before.

People can't come up with any good arguments, so they throw useless comments like these. It's pretty funny. Deep down they know CP3 is overrated.

REACTION
02-06-2012, 12:07 AM
People can't come up with any good arguments, so they throw useless comments like these.

Oh, I already did. Surprisingly, you didn't respond. :rolleyes:

Averages on the season

He's putting up 8.9 assists, 2.4 steals, .511 from the field and .458 from beyond the arc. Needless to say, I don't agree with your lengthy rant.

qrich
02-06-2012, 12:07 AM
People can't come up with any good arguments, so they throw useless comments like these. It's pretty funny. Deep down they know CP3 is overrated.

Paul > Rondo.

Tenchi Ryu
02-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Think its the other way around....

Especially when 69% of GMs in the league have already voiced their opinions of Rose being the best PG in the league. Rose has come for the crown, and CP3 fans are pissed.

notatop29pg
02-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Rose = Allen iverson + Westbrook + Francis + Davis

Paul = Kidd + Rondo + Nash + Parker

They do the same thing, but differently.

REACTION
02-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Think its the other way around....

Especially when 69% of GMs in the league have already voiced their opinions of Rose being the best PG in the league. Rose has come for the crown, and CP3 fans are pissed.

I hardly ever see CP3/Clippers fans initiating it though. Posts and threads like this rant from Celtics4ever, demonsomething, I.R.beast... I don't know if they're Rose fans, but there's definitely a contingent of users here who constantly lambaste Chris Paul, often irrelevantly.

Celtics4ever
02-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Oh, I already did. Surprisingly, you didn't respond. :rolleyes:

CP3 has played only 16 games this season. When the other guys have played 23-24 games. I don't think that's a fair comparison with stats, his numbers are exaggerated because he has played 8 less games. His numbers would have taken a dive if he played more games especially since he's so inconsistent.

Tenchi Ryu
02-06-2012, 12:14 AM
I hardly ever see CP3/Clippers fans initiating it though. Posts and threads like this rant from Celtics4ever, demonsomething, I.R.beast... I don't know if they're Rose fans, but there's definitely a contingent of users here who constantly lambaste Chris Paul, often irrelevantly.
Well, I don't get into all that, but most Bulls fans I know consider Rose the best PG. But we already know CP3 is right there.

I've even said that personally I can understand people having CP3 above Rose its that close.

Its when you start seeing the "Cp3, and its not even close" type statements that I hate.

REACTION
02-06-2012, 12:15 AM
CP3 has played only 16 games this season. When the other guys have played 23-24 games. I don't think that's a fair comparison with stats, his numbers are exaggerated because he has played 8 less games. His numbers would have taken a dive if he played more games especially since he's so inconsistent.

The numbers I posted were averages. Per game.

Celtics4ever
02-06-2012, 12:16 AM
Well, I don't get into all that, but most Bulls fans I know consider Rose the best PG. But we already know CP3 is right there.

I've even said that personally I can understand people having CP3 above Rose its that close.

Its when you start seeing the "Cp3, and its not even close" type statements that I hate.

CP3 isn't even on the same level as DWill. You put DWill on the Clips and he would be putting up 23/10 every night with that team.

Celtics4ever
02-06-2012, 12:17 AM
The numbers I posted were averages. Per game.

Exactly, what is your point? CP3 has still played 8 less games than every one else. So his numbers are more exaggerated, why does it matter that it's an average

If player A has played 2 games and his average is 24/10/5 and Player B has played 9 games and his average is 20/7/3, do you automatically think player A is having a better season? Damn I thought this is supposed to be simple common sense.

LoneyROY7
02-06-2012, 12:18 AM

Posters who make such statements have little to no basketball knowledge whatsoever, so why bother?

I like both Rose and Paul, and I KNOW both are fantastic players. An argument can easily be made for either in regards to the best PG in the game.

REACTION
02-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Exactly, what is your point? CP3 has still played 8 less games than every one else. So his numbers are more exaggerated, why does it matter that it's an average

If player A has played 2 games and his average is 24/10/5 and Player B has played 9 games and his average is 20/7/3, do you automatically think player A is having a better season? Damn I thought this is supposed to be simple common sense.

2 games versus 9 games is more of a sample size difference than 16 versus 21.

I mean.. you called Chris Paul a role player in your diatribe. If you actually believe that, then it's clear you're just trolling.

Darius
02-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Still trying to understand why CP3 has so many haters :roll:

Celtics4ever
02-06-2012, 12:24 AM
2 games versus 9 games is more of a sample size difference than 16 versus 21.

I mean.. you called Chris Paul a role player in your diatribe. If you actually believe that, then it's clear you're just trolling.

I was giivng you an example. And it's 16 versus 23. That's a big difference especially since CP3 is known to be inconsistent.

REACTION
02-06-2012, 12:27 AM
I was giivng you an example. And it's 16 versus 23. That's a big difference especially since CP3 is known to be inconsistent.

CP3: 16
DWill: 24
Rondo: 14
Westbrook: 23
Rose: 21

CP3 has started in 16 games this season. If you're going to exclude his stats because of that, then you'll have to exclude Rondo's as well. He's only started in 14. So I guess we should wait until season's end to compare stats, right?

knickswin
02-06-2012, 01:01 AM
I think some of you are underrating him quite a bit. he's very good at using pick and rolls and exceptionally creative off the dribble. but I agree that his flaws get glossed over a lot more than other players' do. especially his inconsistency.

I.R.Beast
02-06-2012, 01:33 AM
I think some of you are underrating him quite a bit. he's very good at using pick and rolls and exceptionally creative off the dribble. but I agree that his flaws get glossed over a lot more than other players' do. especially his inconsistency.

As if using a screen is so difficult... You either take the screen or you dupe the defender into running into the screen while you dont take the screen(like wade). I don't like paul hecause he's passive , doesnt create much of his own offense, is anoverrated defender, flops alot, and is very inconsistent.....Also whenever he has bad games, people just love to fall back on the PG is not supposed to score, and He was "controlling the tempo" , or he's not healthy. He has more excuses in his defense than any other Player. I don't see anyone making any excuses for Deron Williams whom just came off of a bad wrist injury and always has nagging injuries of some sort.

ralph_i_el
02-06-2012, 01:36 AM
cuz they are better.
oh god my sides :roll:

I'm not a clippers fan, but have you even watched a game? cp3 can single-handedly take over a 4th quarter, because he has a KILLER INSTINCT

LoneyROY7
02-06-2012, 01:39 AM
As if using a screen is so difficult... You either take the screen or you dupe the defender into running into the screen while you dont take the screen(like wade). I don't like paul hecause he's passive , doesnt create much of his own offense, is anoverrated defender, flops alot, and is very inconsistent.....Also whenever he has bad games, people just love to fall back on the PG is not supposed to score, and He was "controlling the tempo" , or he's not healthy. He has more excuses in his defense than any other Player. I don't see anyone making any excuses for Deron Williams whom just came off of a bad wrist injury and always has nagging injuries of some sort.

If using screens and playing PnR is so easy, why aren't there other players putting up the numbers he does with the kind of efficiency he has?

Celtics4ever
02-06-2012, 01:42 AM

Well DWill doesn't have a baby face, so he needs to be held accountable! :confusedshrug:

Yeah people talk about how DWill has sucked this season, but the guy is playing hurt. He is legit hurt, Cp3 has been faking injuries for a while. And give DWill a team like the Clips and he will go ham every game.

Lebron23
02-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Well DWill doesn't have a baby face, so he needs to be held accountable! :confusedshrug:

Yeah people talk about how DWill has sucked this season, but the guy is playing hurt. He is legit hurt, Cp3 has been faking injuries for a while. And give DWill a team like the Clips and he will go ham every game.

Do you have any proof?

LoneyROY7
02-06-2012, 01:45 AM

DWill is shooting 11 percent less from the field then Paul. That's a massive gap.

Lebron23
02-06-2012, 01:47 AM
CP3 will always be better than Deron. Cp3 carried those scrubs Hornets team into the playoffs, and he still put up some quality numbers.

Deron and the Nets have a horrible record while playing in the Eastern Conference.

I.R.Beast
02-06-2012, 01:48 AM
DWill is shooting 11 percent less from the field then Paul. That's a massive gap.
....He's been shooting at almost 50 percent the last 10 games of the season though....... he started off badly.....his percentage is steadily increasing....

LoneyROY7
02-06-2012, 01:51 AM
....He's been shooting at almost 40 percent the last 10 games of the season though....... he started off badly.....his percentage is steadily increasing....

Aren't you the one arguing about Paul's inconsistency? Yeah, DWill certainly hasn't been the model of consistency this season, now has he?

AMISTILLILL
02-06-2012, 01:52 AM

What is this bizarre fixation you have with Chris Paul having a "baby face"? ****ing weirdo.

Lebron23
Aren't you the one arguing about Paul's inconsistency? Yeah, DWill certainly hasn't been the model of consistency this season, now has he?

This

Celtics4ever
CP3 will always be better than Deron. Cp3 carried those scrubs Hornets team into the playoffs, and he still put up some quality numbers.

Deron and the Nets have a horrible record while playing in the Eastern Conference.

Hornets were no scrubs. Guys like West and Peja were 20 ppg scorers and they had nice role players who can hit open jump shots, cp3 didn't get 10 apg out of no where. On top of that they were one of the top defensive teams in the league.

Lebron23
02-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Hornets were no scrubs. Guys like West and Peja were 20 ppg scorers and they had nice role players who can hit open jump shots, cp3 didn't get 10 apg out of no where. On top of that they were one of the top defensive teams in the league.

Peja was past his prime when he played for the Hornets. Give CP3 some credit. He's one of the best passers in the NBA.

Kobr
02-06-2012, 01:58 AM
Sounds like the OP is just mad that Paul is a better traditional PG than Rondo.

greymatter
02-06-2012, 02:01 AM
What is this bizarre fixation you have with Chris Paul having a "baby face"? ****ing weirdo.

In that old tv series Oz (Shawshank too), I think the inmates liked the guys with baby faces and "pretty" mouths. Coincidence?

hawksdogsbraves
02-06-2012, 02:03 AM
In that old tv series Oz (Shawshank too), I think the inmates liked the guys with baby faces and "pretty" mouths. Coincidence?

http://www.miscupload.com/upload/237588564571292632415539.gif

Jyap9675
02-06-2012, 02:16 AM
what is this talk that cp3 cant create his own shot?

He is so good in isolation plays especially his hesitation pull ups.

demons2005
02-06-2012, 02:22 AM
what is this talk that cp3 cant create his own shot?

He is so good in isolation plays especially his hesitation pull ups.
Who cares? If he doesn't do it it makes him an inferior player. That's the thing about CP supposedly he can do anything but he doesn't. He didn't in game 7 against the spurs, he didn't against the nuggets, he didn't late in the series against the lakers, he didn't all of last regular season, he didn't against the wizards this time. it's like spidermans girlfriend said in that movie something like "you are what you do" and by that definition CP isnt remotely a superstar. He doesn't do the things he is supposedly capable of so how does that make him a good basketball player? Instead, he is content to shoot 1-9 without even trying. There are players that play their hearts out every game and play for the love of the game and then there is CP, who is practically the polar opposite and anyone but the most biased fans can tell

notatop29pg
02-06-2012, 02:29 AM
Jesus... i hope for the sake of this forum that Derrick Rose never loses or has a bad game again.

ThatsGame
02-06-2012, 02:33 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/ojmr6o.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/rsd2ro.jpg

Chris Paul sure does lose a lot.

SpecialQue
02-06-2012, 02:35 AM
This thread is bullshit.

CLTHornets4eva
02-06-2012, 02:40 AM

Well if you look at the Stats CP3 has outplayed Rose and over the course of the 4 games played, has argueably been on worse teams. In the case of Deron Williams. DW is one of the best defending PGs in the league and has played fairly evenly with CP3. The sample size is much to small and too indirectly based on 2 players to draw a conclusion from this information.

NEXT THREAD.:blah

BoNafidde
02-06-2012, 02:41 AM

His teams were terrible compared to their team, though.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-06-2012, 02:53 AM

The stans won't like this. :oldlol:

brisbaneman
02-06-2012, 06:16 AM
I have always disliked chris paul as a player. he's one of the league's dirtiest players, for one, and secondly he's one of the biggest floppers on both ends of the floor. Much like Billups.

Glide2keva
02-06-2012, 10:50 AM
I have always disliked chris paul as a player. He's one of the league's dirtiest players, for one, and secondly he's one of the biggest floppers on both ends of the floor. Much like Billups.

Chris Fall

Bigsmoke
02-06-2012, 01:49 PM
again?

BlueandGold
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
I remember there was a "list top3 PGs" before the season and everyone had mostly Rose, CP3/Rondo in that order and I got blasted by a couple of posters when I said CP3 was still the best PG in the league because of sample size, i.e: how much longer he's been putting up those numbers in the league than Rose.

Kevin_Gamble
02-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Well if you look at the Stats CP3 has outplayed Rose and over the course of the 4 games played, has argueably been on worse teams. In the case of Deron Williams. DW is one of the best defending PGs in the league and has played fairly evenly with CP3. The sample size is much to small and too indirectly based on 2 players to draw a conclusion from this information.

NEXT THREAD.:blah

I don't see how anyone can say D-Will has played fairly evenly with CP3. Just look at their FG%. D-Will has pretty much destroyed CP3 so far in their careers. Of course you can argue that Utah had the better team for the duration, but that's partly because Utah had the better PG.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Jesus... i hope for the sake of this forum that Derrick Rose never loses or has a bad game again.

Yup. Gonna be fun.

JohnnyWall
02-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Are we gonna act like Rose hasn't gone...

2 for 12 (16.7%)
4 for 17 (23.5%)
3 for 10 (30.0%)
3 for 13 (23.1%)
5 for 21 (23.8%)
3 for 12 (25.0%)

Clippersfan86
02-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Are we gonna act like Rose hasn't gone...

2 for 12 (16.7%)
4 for 17 (23.5%)
3 for 10 (30.0%)
3 for 13 (23.1%)
5 for 21 (23.8%)
3 for 12 (25.0%)

Those games don't count! :oldlol: Funny thing is these guys posted H2H stats and CP3 statistically outplayed both Rose and Deron so far. He had a worse squad and lost most games vs them.... but now that will all change.

blablabla
02-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Those games don't count! :oldlol: Funny thing is these guys posted H2H stats and CP3 statistically outplayed both Rose and Deron so far. He had a worse squad and lost most games vs them.... but now that will all change.
a team with chandler/emeka and david west is bad

Clippersfan86
02-06-2012, 04:20 PM
a team with chandler/emeka and david west is bad

Compared to the Bulls of the last two seasons or the Jazz with Deron? Yes.

ronniec
02-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Averages on the season

agree

blablabla
02-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Compared to the Bulls of the last two seasons or the Jazz with Deron? Yes.
he had boozer,Okur and AK ak isn'T in the NBA anymore and even if he would be he'd be a bench player and Okur plays for the nets
and boozer, well Bulls fans want Taj or Mirotic to start over him(he's not that bad though)
Chandler won a ring last year and got a 80million dollar contract
and West is a pretty good player(healthy he's all star level)
and bulls were only good last year the year before they weren't that good
people acting like cp3 had to carry scrub teams

Glide2keva
02-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Those games don't count! :oldlol: Funny thing is these guys posted H2H stats and CP3 statistically outplayed both Rose and Deron so far. He had a worse squad and lost most games vs them.... but now that will all change.The point went right over your head. You're in love with Chris Fall because he's on your team, like they aren't the Clippers anymore. Sorry, but they still are the Clippers.

Also, yes Rose has had bad shooting nights, everyone does, The point is, when Rose does it, the board blows up with threads about how he sucks or is overrated or whatever bullshit they want to spew. When CP360 has a bad shooting night, those same poster will make every excuse in the book for him. That's the hypocrisy we're talking about.

If it's good for one, it's got to be good for the other.

yobore
02-06-2012, 05:42 PM
he had boozer,Okur and AK ak isn'T in the NBA anymore and even if he would be he'd be a bench player and Okur plays for the nets
besides the fact that what you listed is greater than what the hornets had, the jazz also had good role players and some depth.

so not being in the NBA a couple years later is interesting? Let's talk about CP's 08-09 squad:

Paul, West, injured Peja, and Rasual Butler - the players on that entire squad who played regular minutes even if just a few minutes a game in the NBA the FOLLOWING SEASON, and that's including Butler who kind of fell in and out of the rotation w/ the Clippers.

Even the young players on that team never broke into a rotation. Chandler eventually recovered from his injuries but not for a couple seasons. These other supporting casts don't compare, and that was a 49 win team.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2012, 07:28 PM
The point went right over your head. You're in love with Chris Fall because he's on your team, like they aren't the Clippers anymore. Sorry, but they still are the Clippers.

Also, yes Rose has had bad shooting nights, everyone does, The point is, when Rose does it, the board blows up with threads about how he sucks or is overrated or whatever bullshit they want to spew. When CP360 has a bad shooting night, those same poster will make every excuse in the book for him. That's the hypocrisy we're talking about.

If it's good for one, it's got to be good for the other.

Well.... you have a problem with it... so you encourage the same stupidity against another player? Clippers fans aren't the ones doing it. It's random trolls, just like the ones starting these threads. Rather than agreeing with them (encouraging them) tell them to stop jumping the gun.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2012, 07:28 PM
besides the fact that what you listed is greater than what the hornets had, the jazz also had good role players and some depth.

so not being in the NBA a couple years later is interesting? Let's talk about CP's 08-09 squad:

Paul, West, injured Peja, and Rasual Butler - the players on that entire squad who played regular minutes even if just a few minutes a game in the NBA the FOLLOWING SEASON, and that's including Butler who kind of fell in and out of the rotation w/ the Clippers.

Even the young players on that team never broke into a rotation. Chandler eventually recovered from his injuries but not for a couple seasons. These other supporting casts don't compare, and that was a 49 win team.

Yup. :applause:

notatop29pg
02-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Wow, how good do the Bulls look with CJ Watson running the point. He dominates whenever rose isnt playing.

b0bab0i
02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Damns that dish by Mo was sick!

CLTHornets4eva
02-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Wow, how good do the Bulls look with CJ Watson running the point. He dominates whenever rose isnt playing.

They look good in spurts from Lucas too. That doesn't take anything from DRose though.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2012, 11:00 PM
27, 8, 7, 3 including taking the game over with multiple clutch plays. Broke Lawler's Law too.