PDA

View Full Version : Most Friendly NBA players

ralph_i_el
02-06-2012, 11:03 AM
What NBA players do you think are the nicest/friendliest guys in the league?

I met Chris Paul in the Beijing airport in the summer of '09, and we was polite and seemed to actually want to talk to my friends and I and sign autographs.

My good friend scored an interview with Javalee McGee for a journalism course, and I was able to come meet him. He's just a 7'0 kid. Great guy too

marion706
02-06-2012, 11:05 AM
ivan johnson

Rnbizzle
02-06-2012, 11:06 AM
ivan johnson
Da goat. :bowdown:

OmniStrife
02-06-2012, 11:07 AM
http://journeytothemiddle.com/images/nash_dirk_01.jpg

Yao also comes to mind.
(Watch Year of the Yao)

BlueandGold
02-06-2012, 11:10 AM

Yao also comes to mind.
(Watch Year of the Yao)

Those two players (dirk/nash) always looked stoned off the charts whenever their in a picture together. I wonder if they habitually smoke or just naturally look high 24/7.

ImmortalD24
02-06-2012, 11:11 AM
This is easily Kobe.

Kobe= Mr. Friendly personified. (and I mean this in a bad way)

monkeypox
02-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Even as a Kobe fan, Kobe is known to be an ass. Kind of in the KaJ mold. Metta has been known to be super chill though every since he landed in LA.

02-06-2012, 11:18 AM
my brother (who works for Mercedes) jumped started Kobe's car at his house...he gave my bro a 20 dollar tip...at least he is not a cheapo like KG, no tippin Pippen, or shawn kemp.

I once met Nate McMillan @ a bball camp. he seemed open to talk to me but i was 2 shy to talk...he must've thought I was rude :( :mad:

Xiao Yao You
02-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Stockton is cheap too. Eric Murdock and David Benoit were cool as was Sloan.

JMT
02-06-2012, 11:38 AM
my brother (who works for Mercedes) jumped started Kobe's car at his house...he gave my bro a 20 dollar tip...at least he is not a cheapo like KG, no tippin Pippen, or shawn kemp.

I once met Nate McMillan @ a bball camp. he seemed open to talk to me but i was 2 shy to talk...he must've thought I was rude :( :mad:

Nate is a really nice guy. Grant Hill as well. He and I met at a restaurant, basic chit chat, discovered we had a mutual friend, and he ended up sitting down and spending 15-20 minutes talking. Smart guy, very funny too.

Known Doug Collins for almost 40 years, and he's a great friend. But he's not particularly nice to strangers.

32Dayz
02-06-2012, 11:40 AM
This is easily Kobe.

Kobe= Mr. Friendly personified. (and I mean this in a bad way)

http://i40.tinypic.com/dg0a4p.jpg

Shade8780
02-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Never met him but Dwight Howard is supposed to be really friendly.

alenleomessi
02-06-2012, 11:45 AM
reggie evans

1rkrage
02-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Clearly Yi Jianlian (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192374)

AirTupac
02-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Dirk for sure. Anyone see that Punk'd episode? This kid asked him to signed 100 things while he was eating and he did it until he finally asked politely to let him eat. He even signed another mans jersey :oldlol:

Dirk + Nash definitely.

Scholar
02-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I've never met any NBA players, so I can't vouch for any one particular dude, but from the stories I've heard from various friends, acquaintances and even the occasional stranger or two, they say the following are really nice guys IRL:

Nowitzki
Nash
Grant Hill

& a friend of mine met KB24 at a mall once. People were keeping their distance, just taking pictures and screaming.
When Kobe was leaving, a few people asked for autographs, but Kobe said, "Get away from me." Exact quote.
I don't blame him for not wanting to be bothered, but he knows who he is. He knows he can't just go into a mall and expect people to leave him alone.

ImmortalD24
02-06-2012, 12:47 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/dg0a4p.jpg
Exactly. :oldlol:

KB2009Champ
02-06-2012, 12:49 PM
^^ you guys are taking a guys on court persona and assuming he's like that all the time off the court.

not the case. tons and tons of stories out there of people who have had great experiences meeting kobe.

so nice try.

solar.hands
02-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Dirk for sure. Anyone see that Punk'd episode? This kid asked him to signed 100 things while he was eating and he did it until he finally asked politely to let him eat. He even signed another mans jersey :oldlol:

Dirk + Nash definitely.

lol i remember that. he also signed some other stuff from other sport(a baseball bat/glove i think)

Pushxx
02-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Perkins was always super nice in Boston. Dude would walk through public areas in the Garden all the time to get to where he wanted and would talk and hug everyone.

HylianNightmare
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Met adonal foyle, and c lee
Both seemed really nice and genuinely took a couple minutes to chit chat

TaLvsCuaL
02-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Spaniards athletes usually are very friendly guys.

Fernandez, Rubio, Marc, Pau, Calderon, etc...

But my choice is that

http://www.thetallestman.com/images/hamedhaddadi/hamedhaddadi%20(3).jpg

zac
02-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Spaniards athletes usually are very friendly guys.

Fernandez, Rubio, Marc, Pau, Calderon, etc...

But my choice is that

http://www.thetallestman.com/images/hamedhaddadi/hamedhaddadi%20(3).jpg
Came to say Hamed Haddadi. He love everyone and is just stoked on life it seems.

Nash
02-06-2012, 02:09 PM

Yao also comes to mind.
(Watch Year of the Yao)
I've met Yao, not so friendly. But I can understand it though, there are so many people that want to talk to them.

millwad
02-06-2012, 02:16 PM

Dirk + Nash definitely.

Haha, I remember that episode.
I couldn't believe how nice he was towards that annoying kid, the guy was freaking eating and still he couldn't say no to the kid and haha, I laughed so much when he signed the LeBron jersey.

He always seemed humble..

FireMcFailPlease
02-06-2012, 02:19 PM
durant is a down to earth dude. one of the few superstars that wouldnt suck to hang out with off the court.

i loved how he formed that flag football game with some frat up in oklahoma st during the lock out. you can tell he loves hanging around that kind of atmosphere..wish he stayed at texas longer

AirTupac
02-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Haha, I remember that episode.
I couldn't believe how nice he was towards that annoying kid, the guy was freaking eating and still he couldn't say no to the kid and haha, I laughed so much when he signed the LeBron jersey.

He always seemed humble..

Yeah it was incredible. Kid kept coming back with more things and he would just sign it, no questions asked. After like 50 things, Dirk asked him NICELY to let him eat. :oldlol: Love Dirk.

mayo'sgrizz
02-06-2012, 02:24 PM
ive met Jamal Crawford 3 separate times in Atlanta and the guy is HANDS DOWN the nicest ATHLETE ive ever met and ive met my fair share but this guy will literally just stand there and talk basketball with you.
daniel gibson, charlie villaneuva, rudy gay, al jefferson, johnny flynn, tmac, were pretty rude to fans tht i witnessed.

Pushxx
02-06-2012, 02:29 PM
daniel gibson, charlie villaneuva, rudy gay, al jefferson, johnny flynn, tmac, were pretty rude to fans tht i witnessed.

Haha Charlie V. Asshole of the NBA.

Story Up
02-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Lamar might act like an ass on the court but this guy is the shit; I played with him in queens in 2006. He was just shooting by himself outside and we came there to play a game, dude was so friendly and actually asked us if he can play. He then gave us all autographs. He didn't try at all but he was very talkative and even bought us all like 20 gatorades afterwards.

Nash and Dirk are ****ing awesome too, met them at the all-star game, Nash was with his family and his kid was crying and he still gave me an autograph. Dirk just chill as ****.

nbastatus
02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
I met Ray Allen and Reggie Evans back when they were Sonics. Two great guys! Greeted me and smiles on their faces also signed autographs for me.

SsKSpurs21
02-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I have met a bunch of spurs players...

George Gervin - cool guy. likes to talk

David Robinson- really cool. he always takes pics with you if you ask

Manu Ginobili - really really cool. he will stop and chat with you if you see him out shopping and if he is not busy

Tim Duncan - really shy and reserved, he will just do the head nod if you say whats up to him, but wont stop to talk or say hi.

Tony Parker - similar to duncan, he will just do the head nod, unless you are with girls, then he will say hi.

Bruce Bowen - he is also nice. I saw him at best buy a few times. he doesnt talk much but he is friendly.

Antonio Daniels when he played for spurs - he was douchey but we caught him at a restaurant and we were like 15-16 years old being really annoying so i can see why he was like that.

James White - really cool, he was just surprised i knew who he was lol

Jacque Vaughn - i saw him at the grocery store with his mom lol, hes really nice too.

mayo'sgrizz
02-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Haha Charlie V. Asshole of the NBA.

man he really is, like multiple occasions he just blows people off, ignores kids, doesnt tip on huge checks.

knickswin
02-06-2012, 04:04 PM
ive met Jamal Crawford 3 separate times in Atlanta and the guy is HANDS DOWN the nicest ATHLETE ive ever met and ive met my fair share but this guy will literally just stand there and talk basketball with you.

yeah Jamal had a reputation for being a super nice guy while on the Knicks.

ihatetimthomas
02-06-2012, 04:08 PM

Dirk + Nash definitely.

lol it was Lebrons jersey. That episode was hilarious. Can't believe how many things Dirk signed before he started getting really annoyed.

NickTheQuick31
02-06-2012, 11:22 PM
this time last year while on vacation in America (Im from Australia) I got to meet my childhood hero Nick Van Exel. A PR guy with the Hawks organized it for me, and Nick was a great guy. Nick signed a poster for me, shook hands with me a few times, met my fiance posed for several photos and chatted with me for about 5 minutes. I was pretty nervous but he was real cool, he asked me heaps about Australia and the vacation I was having.

A few months after his fiance found my website which lists all the NBA game DVD's I have, I collect NVE games and she emailed me asking for copies of the games. I insisted on copying all 300 games for free and sending them over but they insisted on paying so instead I got a heaps of Hawks gear, some Josh Smith practice shorts, shooting shirts, hats, socks, t-shirts heaps of stuff. He also sent me a video for my 30th birthday wishing me a happy birthday, ill post the youtube link to it below. Lastly he said if I want anything signed he will sign it and send it back, Im currently organizing a jersey and some more posters to have him sign and send back. One last note the box of Hawks gear he sent was sent by him, his signature as the senders sig and all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpFN3mluZxA

FatComputerNerd
02-06-2012, 11:35 PM
this time last year while on vacation in America (Im from Australia) I got to meet my childhood hero Nick Van Exel. A PR guy with the Hawks organized it for me, and Nick was a great guy. Nick signed a poster for me, shook hands with me a few times, met my fiance posed for several photos and chatted with me for about 5 minutes. I was pretty nervous but he was real cool, he asked me heaps about Australia and the vacation I was having.

A few months after his fiance found my website which lists all the NBA game DVD's I have, I collect NVE games and she emailed me asking for copies of the games. I insisted on copying all 300 games for free and sending them over but they insisted on paying so instead I got a heaps of Hawks gear, some Josh Smith practice shorts, shooting shirts, hats, socks, t-shirts heaps of stuff. He also sent me a video for my 30th birthday wishing me a happy birthday, ill post the youtube link to it below. Lastly he said if I want anything signed he will sign it and send it back, Im currently organizing a jersey and some more posters to have him sign and send back. One last note the box of Hawks gear he sent was sent by him, his signature as the senders sig and all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpFN3mluZxA

That is truly awesome!

miller-time
02-06-2012, 11:40 PM
that episode of punk'd showed dirks true colours.

really nice dude.

and i think hill and nash are pretty down to earth.

MichaelCheazley
02-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Haha Charlie V. Cancer of the NBA.
Fixed

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.420451!/img/httpImage/image.jpg

BarberSchool
02-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Those two players (dirk/nash) always looked stoned off the charts whenever their in a picture together. I wonder if they habitually smoke or just naturally look high 24/7.I think Nash gets down more frequently than Dirk. Weekender type. Roor's and Illadelphs and all that...edibles. Dirk seems like the type who only burns once in a while.