PDA

View Full Version : Kobe hinting at retirement again.. / not gonna be a role player

YAWN
02-07-2012, 07:29 PM
"Am I going to stick around and score 19, 18 points a game?.. Hell No!" - Kobe on an ESPN interview with Stephen A Smith

Today he is 3691 points behind Jordan for #3 on the all time scoring list. After this season he'll still be around 2500 short. So 2 more seasons after this..

REACTION
02-07-2012, 07:34 PM
He's saying that he doesn't expect to remain such a prolific scorer as he gets older, like he is now. He's not saying that he's going to retire early.

YAWN
02-07-2012, 07:40 PM
He's saying that he doesn't expect to remain such a prolific scorer as he gets older, like he is now. He's not saying that he's going to retire early.

He's saying he's not going to stick around this league once he no longer can put up superstar numbers. Contrary to what the large majority of superstar players do. No ring chasing for KB.

Smoke117
02-07-2012, 07:50 PM
He's saying he's not going to stick around this league once he no longer can put up superstar numbers. Contrary to what the large majority of superstar players do. No ring chasing for KB.

Bullshit, 18, 19 pts is affective. It's Kobe's ego which won't allow him to chuck up 22, 23 shots and average his points as he ages. How can you respect a player who can't age gracefully, but who's ego is so gigantic that when he can't be the "super star" anymore he's done? What a ****ing coward.

fubu05
02-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Bullshit, 18, 19 pts is affective. It's Kobe's ego which won't allow him to chuck up 22, 23 shots and average his points as he ages. How can you respect a player who can't age gracefully, but who's ego is so gigantic that when he can't be the "super star" anymore he's done? What a ****ing coward.

I actually respect him more TBH. It shows if this guy is not going to be the central focus of a championship, he doesn't want to play at all, thats how much of a winner he wants and how much responsibility he takes for his team. Thats mad hunger from Kobe.

ThatsGame
02-07-2012, 07:56 PM
I actually respect him more TBH. It shows if this guy is not going to be the central focus of a championship, he doesn't want to play at all, thats how much of a winner he wants and how much responsibility he takes for his team. Thats mad hunger from Kobe.

He played when Shaq was the central focus.

HurricaneKid
02-07-2012, 07:56 PM
We'll see how he feels when he is at 19/gm. I bet he will go on. I think he has his sights set on Kareem.

The Real JW
02-07-2012, 07:58 PM
He played when Shaq was the central focus.

Think he means as a veteran instead of a rookie.

PJR
Selfish Kobrick

DirtySanchez
LOL...I bet you when Kobe retires he comes back. Just wait and see.

LA_Showtime
02-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Well no shit. At some point Kobe's gonna have to defer and I don't see him willingly doing that. He's had to hold the ball more these past few seasons to put up the type of numbers he has. At some point his usage rate is going to be 50%.

I mean look at Kobe this year and last. He hasn't affected games like he used to. While his numbers look nice, they hardly tell the whole story. Of course 20 or 30 years down the road people won't remember that type of stuff, which is probably what he's banking on.

Real Men Wear Green
02-07-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it doesn't show him to be more of a "winner" but rather a competitor. Ideally a player would be willing to subjugate his ego and take a lesser role to win, but we do have to respect his competitive spirit.

bizil
02-07-2012, 08:02 PM
I think Kobe meant if he WASN'T capable of being alpha dog down the stretch and still show flashes then he wouldn't stick around. MJ at 40 still showed alpha dog traits, was still in the all around sense one of the top SF's (Jordan played mostly SF when he came back), and averaged over 20 points both seasons with the Wiz. Jordan actually took a backseat more than he should have with the Wiz. I'm sure he was trying to preserve his body. But at the same time he was an executive who was also playing a teaching role at the same time. Kobe has a sick scoring arsenal AND great all around ability like MJ. So if Kobe CHOSE to score 18 or 19 points a night on a deep contender then that's one thing. But if 18-19 points is ALL he is capable of AND he's not on a contender then that's different. But 18-19 points at 40 years of age is DIFFERENT from 18-19 points at 35 years old. So the 18-19 points he was talking about WASN'T as cut and dry as it sounded.

krayziejcs
02-07-2012, 08:24 PM
He will retire as 24 and come back as 8

Jotaro Durant
02-07-2012, 08:26 PM
hes gonna retire and come back as 22:roll:

KenneBell
02-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I can see where he's coming from. He probably promised himself back in the early 2000's that he wouldn't go back to being any team's #2 or 3.

Don't want to stick around too long and lower people's last memories of you, like many superstars before him. I'd hate to see him go out like Hakeem, Ewing, Barkley, or Shaq.

Smoke117
02-07-2012, 08:39 PM

Bullshit. If you were a real athlete and baller you'd want to play as long as possible. Just because he can't jack up 23 shots a game and be the hero anymore he's ready to quit. That's called being a coward. You don't have to be the best player on the team to make an impact. Look at Ray Allen, he's 36 and was a star for most of his career, but you don't hear him ready to retire do you? Kobe is just acting and talking like a bitch.

longtime lurker
02-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Kobe will play at this level until he's 40. I see a Karl Malone type career for him.

RazorBaLade
02-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Would be stupid.. Chance is there to break kareems record even tho its small

Jasper
02-07-2012, 11:04 PM
"Am I going to stick around and score 19, 18 points a game?.. Hell No!" - Kobe on an ESPN interview with Stephen A Smith

Today he is 3691 points behind Jordan for #3 on the all time scoring list. After this season he'll still be around 2500 short. So 2 more seasons after this..

Jordans college and baseball career > Kobe's ____________________

Da_Realist
02-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Well no shit. At some point Kobe's gonna have to defer and I don't see him willingly doing that. He's had to hold the ball more these past few seasons to put up the type of numbers he has. At some point his usage rate is going to be 50%.

I mean look at Kobe this year and last. He hasn't affected games like he used to. While his numbers look nice, they hardly tell the whole story. Of course 20 or 30 years down the road people won't remember that type of stuff, which is probably what he's banking on.

Excellent point. I've been saying this for years.

Millennium X
02-07-2012, 11:18 PM
He's not gonna be like Wade averaging 19-20 in the middle of his prime. :lol

HEAT111
02-07-2012, 11:21 PM
:lol He's going to pass Kareem whether you guys like it or not :lol

pauk
02-07-2012, 11:29 PM

Sounds like Allen Iverson

Rowe
02-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Kobe will play at this level until he's 40. I see a Karl Malone type career for him.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/Def_Fit/1996-97_50.gif

AirTupac
02-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Nothing new. And for the dumb Celtic fan going off on Kobe, he's still going to be playing basketball, can't believe your dumb ass is complaining that he wants to leave the NBA after 16+ NBA seasons of greatness. He'll be playing in Europe (Italy as he said) most likely.

Can't make everyone happy...

oh the horror
02-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Bullshit. If you were a real athlete and baller you'd want to play as long as possible. Just because he can't jack up 23 shots a game and be the hero anymore he's ready to quit. That's called being a coward. You don't have to be the best player on the team to make an impact. Look at Ray Allen, he's 36 and was a star for most of his career, but you don't hear him ready to retire do you? Kobe is just acting and talking like a bitch.

Dude, shut the fu*k up. Really. :oldlol:

oh the horror
02-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Sounds like Allen Iverson

No. It doesnt.

oh the horror
02-07-2012, 11:38 PM
The funniest part is...if he reversed the comment and stated something to the effect of how he'll play until he's an old man, and putting up ____ amount of points, people here would probably say he was selfish.

The sheer dedication that some people have on this board toward hating particular players is downright scary. Some of you straight up have mental illnesses.

chazzy
02-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Kobe's gonna retire sooner than people expect

Heavincent
02-07-2012, 11:39 PM
You guys know it's just for gravy at this point, right? Kobe's got nothing left to prove, although you wouldn't know that by watching him. He's already accomplished everything you could ask for from a top 10 player all-time.

ralph_i_el
02-08-2012, 12:17 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: oh god my sides

maybe if German doctors invent adamantium knees

Ronin
02-08-2012, 12:34 AM

is that a knock on Jordan or just a general statement from Kobe

Rowe
02-08-2012, 12:35 AM
is that a knock on Jordan or just a general statement from Kobe
You never know.

Jordan is his motivation, and will continue to be as he gets older.

Soundwave
02-08-2012, 12:37 AM
LOL...I bet you when Kobe retires he comes back. Just wait and see.

He'll come back wearing no. 48 and then switch back. :oldlol:

LakersReign
02-08-2012, 01:36 AM
The funniest part is...if he reversed the comment and stated something to the effect of how he'll play until he's an old man, and putting up ____ amount of points, people here would probably say he was selfish.

The sheer dedication that some people have on this board toward hating particular players is downright scary. Some of you straight up have mental illnesses.

It's not that, it's nothing more than simple, flat out stupidity. They hate a person, they don't know and have never met with such passion it's pathetic. They can't provide a single coherent defense as to why they hate that player. Ask them why, and all they can do is regurgitate media drivel on command like mindless sheep. This is primarily cuz they're a bunch of immature 12 to 17 years olds who only started watching the NBA cuz of Lebron. They're used to watching Nickelodeon or the Disney Channel, which means they're literally clueless about the way the real world works. That's why their "arguments" are based only on stats and their own personal opinion, which they then try to present as facts, cuz they don't know any better. They don't know what a discussion is, and when proven wrong, resort to immature insults and name calling, and making things up just to have something to say, revealing their true age. What's sad about all that is they're the kind of people who get caught up in cults and such cuz they're too stupid to form their own opinions and have to be given one.

CLTHornets4eva
02-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Kobe's gonna retire sooner than people expect

He has some gas left in the tank. At some point the long career will catch up to him, but it probably will be an injury like Chauncey's to get him to retire. I think he goes for Kareem's record first,

Bob Cousy
02-08-2012, 01:49 AM
If he mans up and decides to remain in the league as a 2nd or 3rd option in his twilight years he can probably finish his career 3rd all time in scoring.

rfoster24
02-08-2012, 02:45 AM
He'll come back wearing no. 48 and then switch back. :oldlol:

hes gonna retire and come back as 22:oldlol:

You guys suck at making up jokes.:oldlol: :lol :roll:

02-08-2012, 03:47 AM
this is proof kobrick is a stat padder. he wants to win but only if he scores 50 (on 15-39) and is named MVP.

YAWN
02-08-2012, 03:59 AM
If he mans up and decides to remain in the league as a 2nd or 3rd option in his twilight years he can probably finish his career 3rd all time in scoring.

what..? if he averages 25 ppg and plays 80 games next season he'll pretty much already be at #3.

monkeypox
02-08-2012, 04:32 AM

Wow... So Michael Jordan is a bitch and not a real athlete or baller? Harsh.

02-08-2012, 04:49 AM
Wow... So Michael Jordan is a bitch and not a real athlete or baller? Harsh.

MJ did mention that he wanted to walk away knowing he could still play. but it doesn't indicate what standard he uses as a definition he could still play. MJ didnt say he wouldnt be a role player either.

monkeypox
02-08-2012, 05:08 AM
MJ did mention that he wanted to walk away knowing he could still play. but it doesn't indicate what standard he uses as a definition he could still play. MJ didnt say he wouldnt be a role player either.

Umm... the guy says that a real athlete and a baller would play as long as possible. No amount of hair splitting is going to make his point not call MJ a bitch for quitting early twice. So basically MJ was a coward the first two times he quit... and maybe even his third retirement since I think he was still better than Ray Allen is today when he finally quit. See this is what happens to haters when they come up with an opinion first and try to make up facts to support is after the fact.

Lets look at you for example. Kobe's a stat padder for wanting to quit early? Do you know what stat padding is? Oh you mean averages? You do know why MJ's averages are so high right compared to guys like Kareem right? Just think about it for a minute there. It's ok to hate Kobe, just try not to be so simple about it. Hey, he's still a rapist right!? You've always got that to fall back on! If that fails you can always enjoy watching your Seattle Super... oh wait... sorry there bud. Almost forgot. lol

LakersReign
02-08-2012, 05:12 AM
Umm... the guy says that a real athlete and a baller would play as long as possible. No amount of hair splitting is going to make his point not call MJ a bitch for quitting early twice. So basically MJ was a coward the first two times he quit... and maybe even his third retirement since I think he was still better than Ray Allen is today when he finally quit. See this is what happens to haters when they come up with an opinion first and try to make up facts to support is after the fact.

Lets look at you for example. Kobe's a stat padder for wanting to quit early? Do you know what stat padding is? Oh you mean averages? You do know why MJ's averages are so high right compared to guys like Kareem right? Just think about it for a minute there. It's ok to hate Kobe, just try not to be so simple about it. Hey, he's still a rapist right!? You've always got that to fall back on! If that fails you can always enjoy watching your Seattle Super... oh wait... sorry there bud. Almost forgot. lol

You beat me to it. I was just gonna say exactly the same thing. Then to try to look and sound objective, they turn right around and claim to be NBA fans. Hilarious:lol

All Net
02-08-2012, 05:18 AM
Doesn't surprise me, he has 5 rings so the need to stick around in his late 30's to get a ring seems pointless.

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-08-2012, 05:18 AM

How is he a coward for not wanting to chuck up shots and be an inefficient role player?

But to respond to the OP, I think Kobe and Fish will retire at the same time. After all, Kobe and Fish came in the league together, have been in L.A. together for (almost) their entire careers and won all of their rings together. There's no one else in that organization that Kobe respects or trusts more than Fish imo. Kobe has what, 2 years left on his deal after this year? Yeah I think he will be done after that.

Force
02-08-2012, 05:37 AM
I sort of lose respect for a player who isn't willing to age and be on the other end of it once their time is over. It's the cycle of the sport and that's how it works. Some ego's can't deal with it though.

I can understand winning it all and then bouncing out on top, but with the money he is still due from the Lakers, Kobe should be talking about playing to win instead of worrying about what his stats will look like when he's older.

That's quite sad. Greats of the past never did that.

Not sure why he is so worried about being something other than the #1 option. He won 4, maybe 5 rings as the 2nd best performer already.

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-08-2012, 05:40 AM
Lol so people are actually chastising Kobe for him not wanting to play when he's really old, broken down and useless on the court? Only on ISH

Force
02-08-2012, 05:48 AM
Lol so people are actually chastising Kobe for him not wanting to play when he's really old, broken down and useless on the court? Only on ISH

19 points a game, useless???

YAWN
02-08-2012, 05:52 AM
I sort of lose respect for a player who isn't willing to age and be on the other end of it once their time is over. It's the cycle of the sport and that's how it works. Some ego's can't deal with it though.

I can understand winning it all and then bouncing out on top, but with the money he is still due from the Lakers, Kobe should be talking about playing to win instead of worrying about what his stats will look like when he's older.

That's quite sad. Greats of the past never did that.

Not sure why he is so worried about being something other than the #1 option. He won 4, maybe 5 rings as the 2nd best performer already.

Who said anything about him not playing to win? Have you not been following Kobe for the past 16 years? All he wants to do is win... He is leading the league in scoring, so Im sure he's going to be around putting up 25+ for at least two more seasons. He'll be an old 35 then.

Would you really want to see him stick around the league too long like these guys?

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/08/olajuwon.JPG
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/150809/p1_malone_all.jpg
http://www.ginandtacos.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ewing-sonics.jpg
http://awfulsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/shaq-celtics.jpg

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-08-2012, 05:54 AM
19 points a game, useless???

It's not just about points per game, and there isn't even a guarantee that his body nor mind would be up to the task of playing another 3+ season.s Kobe has had his time on the bench. He's had his time as the 2nd banana. He doesn't want to go back to it and why blame him? Like people have said, he doesn't have anything left to prove. He's won without Shaq and led teams to titles. Now he's just fulfilling his contract imo.

Plus, it's a level of humility. He's knows he's getting older and his days of being the completely unstoppable Black Mamba are over. There's a new generation of NBA talent being introduced and he's just showing the new guys a thing or two before he goes. Why embarrass yourself and the fans if you feel you can't play at the level you are accustomed to and want to?

Force
02-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Who said anything about him not playing to win? Have you not been following Kobe for the past 16 years? All he wants to do is win... He is leading the league in scoring, so Im sure he's going to be around putting up 25+ for at least two more seasons. He'll be an old 35 then.

Would you really want to see him stick around the league too long like these guys?

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/08/olajuwon.JPG
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/150809/p1_malone_all.jpg
http://www.ginandtacos.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ewing-sonics.jpg
http://awfulsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/shaq-celtics.jpg

Actually yes I would like to see that, except it would be him in a Laker jersey preferably.

There was something beautiful and poetic about Larry Bird's last days on the court. He didn't sit on the bench, he was flat on his belly due to back issues, so he would go in the game, score whenever the hell he wanted to, then laid on his belly again..playing less minutes, but still, playing the game even if he wasn't going to be the #1. Like I said already, Kobe only been the #1 guy on his team for a small fraction of his career. You act like he walked into the NBA scoring 25 a game with good basketball IQ.

Also wanted to add, it was awesome to see Kareem in his last years. Every year was rumored to be his last one. Every road game he played he got a big gift in the middle of the court from the opposing team. A giant rocking chair, a car, all kinds of stuff.

Kobe is like a boxer. He got beat up on your way up, took lumps and beatings at the top, and now doesn't want to get beat up on his way out.

But he said he doesn't want to score 18 a game. 18 a game isn't a garbage player. It's not Hakeem in Toronto, it's not an injured Shaq in Boston.

I always wonder what would have happened if Gasol rightfully got the Finals MVP. If it would have changed anything. Kobe might have seen it was still okay like the Shaq days, to not be the #1 guy on the team...and that life goes on and you are still considered great regardless. MMMaybe he would have been more welcoming to the idea of passing the torch or sharing the crown.

Force
02-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Even after WINNING IT ALL. Phil went to the Lakers head honcho's and told them he wanted Kobe to be traded for obvious reasons....... think about that. Let's let this post be the thread ender ok?

LakersReign
02-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Even after WINNING IT ALL. Phil went to the Lakers head honcho's and told them he wanted Kobe to be traded for obvious reasons....... think about that. Let's let this post be the thread ender ok?

You can tell that you didn't even bother watching the video before you came in here with all that. No matter how hard you haters try to look and sound objective, your pure Kobe hate still shows. Jordan came back to the Wizards to prove he could still dominate, and in his mind he still thinks he can if you listened to his HOF speech. His stint with the Wizards was lackluster cuz his age showed, but he still thinks he can dominate like he did in his prime. Unlike Jordan, he's saying plain out, if I can't win a title playing the way I'm playing right now, I'm done. And don't worry about me wearing another uni, cuz that's not gonna happen either. Which pretty much kills the pathetic "oh....Kobe's gonna ask for a trade cuz the Lakers are losing" hot garbage. Yeah, I can really see how people and Laker/Kobe fans should hate him for that:rolleyes:

Oh, and by the way, ONLY haters feel this URGENT NEED to bring up ancient history, trying to make it relevant, when it really has nothing to do with anything. OOPS!!!!:facepalm

Nice try:applause:

KenneBell
02-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Like I said already, Kobe only been the #1 guy on his team for a small fraction of his career.
:confusedshrug:

97-04

05-12

What the hell are you talking about?

I wouldn't want to see him out on the court looking flabby and sick like the players in the above pictures. Retire while people still have a good vision in their head about you. Go out on a good note.

Euroleague
02-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Kobe is full of it. He will chase down that all-time scoring record.

ILLsmak
02-08-2012, 10:12 AM
I think Kobe is breaking down anyway. If think if he was healthy and didn't have a body that is slowly falling apart because of over-training, he would stick around longer.

Yeah it's funny like putting up 15-18 ppg as a role player, even someone off the bench is bad. Imagine Kobe winning 6th man of the year. He doesn't think outside of the box. He only wants to play one way, which sucks.

-Smak

KenneBell
02-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah it's funny like putting up 15-18 ppg as a role player, even someone off the bench is bad. Imagine Kobe winning 6th man of the year.
-Smak
Why would he want to do that? He almost did that in his 2nd year.

He wants to go out on his own terms, I don't see the problem. By the time is contract is up he will have spent over half in his life playing NBA basketball. I can see why he'd want to walk away if he feels that he's slipping to far to compete like he wants to.

pauk
02-08-2012, 10:40 AM
No. It doesnt.

It does... AI didnt want to be a roleplayer either and average 18-19 ppg, he said it numerous times... he got pissed the **** off when he had to come of the bench, complained all the time until nobody wanted him..

The_Yearning
02-08-2012, 11:01 AM

Kobe will beat out Jordan. I don't think anyone has any doubt in their mind.

Bob Cousy
02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Kobe will beat out Jordan. I don't think anyone has any doubt in their mind.I was trying to be modest.

I know he will.:pimp:

LA_Showtime
02-08-2012, 12:16 PM
... I'm not sure I buy that he's going to retire early. Consider that in two or three seasons Kobe will probably have surpassed Jordan, and be 3-4 more seasons away, maybe less, from passing Kareem. Whether he admits it or not, Kobe's a very stat driven individual. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he decides to go for the record, especially if the Lakers are still contending for championships.

A lot of it will depend on how the Lakers rebuild, or better yet, reload. Obviously Kobe's gotta stay healthy too, which at this point is a big IF. You would think eventually one of his chronic injuries will give him more problems than it has to date.

Force
02-08-2012, 12:52 PM
:confusedshrug:

97-04

05-12

What the hell are you talking about?

I wouldn't want to see him out on the court looking flabby and sick like the players in the above pictures. Retire while people still have a good vision in their head about you. Go out on a good note.

You are here claiming that Kobe was the #1 guy from 1997 to 2004? LOL, Kobe was #1 ZERO times out of all of those seasons. Maybe you are confused about my post? Kobe was never the #1 guy until the season after Shaq was traded, this isn't even debatable.

guy
02-08-2012, 01:06 PM
You are here claiming that Kobe was the #1 guy from 1997 to 2004? LOL, Kobe was #1 ZERO times out of all of those seasons. Maybe you are confused about my post? Kobe was never the #1 guy until the season after Shaq was traded, this isn't even debatable.

Thats not a small fraction though. Thats like the 2nd half of his whole career.

BlueandGold
02-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I really hope he does continue to play, even if it means coming off the bench, for as long as its physically possible. All basketball fans, Kobe-stans or Kobe-haters alike should really enjoy these last several years of his career because I don't see another player in this new, less-physical NBA that will have a similar mindset and competitive nature quite like what we've seen in Bryant.

Bryant is essentially the last generation of NBA players that were drafted in the mid to late 90s that learned to play with things like handchecking, the absence of flagrant fouls (harder fouls in the paint) and things of that nature.

Da_Realist
02-08-2012, 01:50 PM
... I'm not sure I buy that he's going to retire early. Consider that in two or three seasons Kobe will probably have surpassed Jordan, and be 3-4 more seasons away, maybe less, from passing Kareem. Whether he admits it or not, Kobe's a very stat driven individual. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he decides to go for the record, especially if the Lakers are still contending for championships.

A lot of it will depend on how the Lakers rebuild, or better yet, reload. Obviously Kobe's gotta stay healthy too, which at this point is a big IF. You would think eventually one of his chronic injuries will give him more problems than it has to date.

Agree with everything except one minor detail. Kobe is legacy driven, not stat driven. Very slight difference since having good stats/records can enhance your legacy. But there is a difference. Good observation, though.

TheFrozenOne
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM
:facepalm

it's always been debatable...that's why they clashed.

By 2001 Kobe was the best allaround player in the NBA and the Lakers #1`option in crunchtime/most important part of the game/4th quarter

kobe was never going to take a backseat or be the 2nd guy for anyone....granted when Shaq had a mismatch Kobe would exploit it to win...but don't get discombobulated.

Kobe was always going to be the Alpha Wolf in the pack...and was L.A.'
s best allaround player and the leagues premiere player since 2001.

PP34Deuce
02-08-2012, 02:07 PM
I am not a fortune teller but I have this feeling...

Kobe will play 2 more years max. Too prideful of a man to be clear cut 3rd option or option 2b. Guy is still very marketable and he's said he wants to play in Italy. He will play in italy for 3 years. I see him done with Professional basketball by 38.