PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is better than Durant, no question.

tikay0
02-07-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm tired of certian people saying durant is better than lebron, because it's not true at all. Give me a valid arguement as to why durant is better than lebron or even on the same level. Im all ears.

Jotaro Durant
02-07-2012, 08:34 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

i understand these insecure lebronvsdurant threads right now. i would be scared too if i was a heat bandwagoner knowing that durant is about to open my ass up if they meet in finals

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Dwyane+Wade+Kevin+Durant+Oklahoma+City+Thunder+gpH pBEw2OHTl.jpg

:cheers:

Eric Cartman
02-07-2012, 08:43 PM

i understand these insecure lebronvsdurant threads right now. i would be scared too if i was a heat bandwagoner knowing that durant is about to open my ass up if they meet in finals

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Dwyane+Wade+Kevin+Durant+Oklahoma+City+Thunder+gpH pBEw2OHTl.jpg

:cheers:

This/End Thread

Faptastrophe
02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
The two are great players, but one does indeed stand above the other.

Lebron has better rebounding abilities, better passing abilities (this area is really a no-brainer), defense (another no-brainer on the defensive end.), scoring efficiency (James scores easier and more efficiently without taking as many shots as KD.)
With the addition of his new post game, LeBron James has added another phase to his game that Durant lacks.

Scoring, rebounding, passing and defense are all key aspects of the game where James excels over Durant.

The numbers don't lie. James is a better player than Durant in every aspect of the game.

PTB Fan
02-07-2012, 08:52 PM
There's no need for a debate.

pauk
02-07-2012, 08:53 PM
What do you mean? Never seen anybody really say Durant > Lebron...

ThatsGame
02-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I kept it

http://i42.tinypic.com/1f9qq.jpg

kjarnorkudori
02-07-2012, 08:59 PM

Lebron has better rebounding abilities, better passing abilities (this area is really a no-brainer), defense (another no-brainer on the defensive end.), scoring efficiency (James scores easier and more efficiently without taking as many shots as KD.)
With the addition of his new post game, LeBron James has added another phase to his game that Durant lacks.

Scoring, rebounding, passing and defense are all key aspects of the game where James excels over Durant.

The numbers don't lie. James is a better player than Durant in every aspect of the game.

Although I agree that Lebron is probably better than KD he is in no way better in every aspect of the game.

tikay0
02-07-2012, 10:37 PM
What do you mean? Never seen anybody really say Durant > Lebron...

I've seen a bunch of people recently saying durant is better than lebron. But again, im all ears, Durant homers. The funny thing is, this was supposed to be durant's year to be mvp, but yet again Lebron over shadows him. Im not even a heat fan nor a lebron fan. I am die hard bulls rider and rose hugger. I just call it like i see it. Anyone with any b-ball knowledge should tell you, that Lebron>>Durant.

tikay0
02-07-2012, 10:37 PM
This/End Thread

End of thread? Again, Im all ears.........

tikay0
02-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Although I agree that Lebron is probably better than KD he is in no way better in every aspect of the game.

Um....quite simply, he is.

nathanjizzle
02-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Lebron humpers are the most rediculous nba fans.

nathanjizzle
02-07-2012, 10:43 PM
End of thread? Again, Im all ears.........

y are you so entitled to a reason for durant being better than lebron.

demons2005
02-07-2012, 10:44 PM
To me this is like the CP vs. Rose "debate", where some people just look at advanced statistics and pretend two players are equal without looking at what they do when it counts, and their attitude. I will admit Lebron is a lot closer to Durant than CP to rose (because CP3 << Lebron, Durant < Rose) but it's the same idea i'm talking about. You have the media darling statpadder vs. the truely humble superstar. ESPN spends all day and night hyping up the former while the others go relatively unnoticed unless they're playing the Lakers, Heat, or Clips.

Ultimately it comes down to what they give you when it counts. Durant has shown improvement in that regard but Lebron, well, we all know that story. One guy turned a small market team into a true contender, the other guy somehow lost to Dirk and regular Joe's alongside 2 healthy superstars. That's all that needs to be said about that. End of story.

Collie
02-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Well Lebron's a really special talent, while Durant is a very very effective scorer, but not really a historical talent like Lebron.

That's to be expected.

Jasper
02-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Durants stats exceed all bball players < MVP talks daily

tikay0
02-07-2012, 10:48 PM
y are you so entitled to a reason for durant being better than lebron.

Where does it suggest i have to be "entitled" to the reasons why durant is better than lebron? Im an NBA fan, this is a public NBA forum, ive been seeing a lot of people saying durant>lebron, i just want to know why people feel this way. Give me a logical explanation, as to why certain people think he is. By the way, Im not a lebron nut hugger. I am from chi-town, my only allegiance is to Derrick Martel Rose AKA Poohdini. Lebron isnt even in my top 5 fav player list. But im also an NBA fan, and can recognize who the best player int he league is, and that is Lebron James. Again, im all ears.

tikay0
02-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Well Lebron's a really special talent, while Durant is a very very effective scorer, but not really a historical talent like Lebron.

That's to be expected.

This is pretty much what im trying to get at.

CLTHornets4eva
02-07-2012, 10:51 PM
This is a really dumb thread. Kobe is even better than Durant.

tikay0
02-07-2012, 10:56 PM
This is a really dumb thread. Kobe is even better than Durant.

:facepalm NO. HE'S. NOT. This wasnt a hate on durant thread, it was more of an appreciate lebron thread. Im sorry if it came off that way, but Durant>>Kobe.

L8kersfan222
02-07-2012, 11:05 PM
i don't know, durant is pretty clutch

Smoke117
02-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Yeah no shit. Only Thunder fans and the multiple of Lebron Haters could seriously think Durant was a better player than Lebron.

PyrrhusX
02-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Im a Durant homer and I disagree.
Lebron is better than Durant, hands down.
But I would rather build a team around Durant.

Ronin
02-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Better player is LeBron....but who would you want in the 4th quarter with about 3 minutes left.

Rhyen
02-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Better player is LeBron....but who would you want in the 4th quarter with about 3 minutes left.

Wade?

Johnni Gade
02-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Wade?
xD

pauk
02-08-2012, 09:22 AM

The guy who took his teams to the Finals with his clutch plays... the guy who was more clutch where it mattered (well, he was more clutch where it didnt matter so much aswell, in the season, but playoffs more important)... the guy who had more gamewinners and so on...

Durant is very clutch... but i need to see more of it and see how he does there where it matters in the playoffs aswell.... Lebron, Kobe & Wade etc are way to proven/accomplished in the clutch department for Durant to be considered better there....

All Net
02-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Lebron is the best player but durant is top 3 this year for me.

jlip
02-08-2012, 09:46 AM
I have a question. Is Lebron better than Durant?

ILLsmak
02-08-2012, 09:51 AM

haha, you know someone is gonna answer it too...

-Smak

arifgokcen
02-08-2012, 10:48 AM

Better question does durant do anything better than lebron.

pauk
02-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Better question does durant do anything better than lebron.

He... shoots FTs better...... so... Durant > Lebron.. :banana:

PyrrhusX
02-08-2012, 10:55 AM
He... shoots FTs better...... so... Durant > Lebron.. :banana:

Durant has been so different form the freethrow line this year :(

pauk
02-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Durant has been so different form the freethrow line this year :(

Yea, his 3pt & FT accuracy has dropped dramatically..... but i know it will go up / balance itself up to his more normal accuracy by the end of the season, he is a fantastic shooter..

All jokes aside i think Durant is awesome... top 3 in the league right now easily..

Bob Cousy
02-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Durant has a better shooting touch than LeBron and thats about it.

dunksby
02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
What's interesting is that the thread is started by a mad Bulls fan :lol

The_LA_Blakers
02-08-2012, 11:05 AM

This.

Y'all are crazy if you think K-Smooth is better. He's longer and a better 3pt shooter, but other than that, what else does he got? Oh, my bad, free-throws.

Rebounding - LBJ
Defense - LBJ
Passing - LBJ
Driving - LBJ
FG% - LBJ
FT% - KD
Jumpers- KD
3's- KD
Down Low - LBJ
Basketball IQ -LBJ

pauk
02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
This.

Y'all are crazy if you think K-Smooth is better. He's longer and a better 3pt shooter, but other than that, what else does he got? Oh, my bad, free-throws.

Rebounding - LBJ
Defense - LBJ
Passing - LBJ
Driving - LBJ
FG% - LBJ
FT% - KD
Jumpers- KD
3's- KD
Down Low - LBJ
Basketball IQ -LBJ

Not to mention athleticism... all in all it makes Lebron the most versatile player in the NBA and probably one of the 2-3 most versatile players in NBA history (Magic Johnson offensively, Pippen defensively).... with that i mean he can play all positions offensively & defensively efficiently, probably dominate up to 4 positions, playing different roles, he can impact the game/team many different ways...

take a look at the last 3 games for example... Lebron starts SF, then subs in at PF, then subs in at SG, then subs in at PG in the 4th quarter (and he defends those positions aswell, not just plays them offensively)..... the level of versatility due to all that allround talent-skill-athleticism combination it allows him to do whatever is needed at that moment during the game... to win the game.....

thats why his impact is the best... he aint one dimensional

dunksby
02-08-2012, 11:12 AM
This.

Rebounding - LBJ
Defense - LBJ
Passing - LBJ
Driving - LBJ
FG% - LBJ
FT% - KD
Jumpers- KD
3's- KD
Down Low - LBJ
Basketball IQ -LBJ
OKC > Heat and thats what matters the most.

arifgokcen
02-08-2012, 11:18 AM

May i ask did anyone mention okc or heat in this thread.
Please my friend stick to the point.
Discuss whether lebron or durant is better or just gtfo here

Bob Cousy
02-08-2012, 11:19 AM
this is irrelevant to a player comparison ...

and which team is better is still up in the air.

dunksby
02-08-2012, 11:21 AM
this is irrelevant to a player comparison ...
The point is that player comparison is irrelevant unless they face each other in a series and one manages to shut down the other while beasting himself and even in that situation it might not even change the fate of the game.

TheMarkMadsen
02-08-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm tired of certian people saying durant is better than lebron, because it's not true at all. Give me a valid arguement as to why durant is better than lebron or even on the same level. Im all ears.

Get used to it bruh bruh, people will be debating this for the next 10 years.

Just like after Lebrons first few years in the leauge people saw that he has the ability to live up to his massive potential they started to make outragouse claims lke "lebron > Kobe" mostly just kobe haters who were butthurt that their boys Vince, Tmac & A.I. never eclipsed Kobe.

Now the same thing is begining to happen except Lebron is in the role of Kobe. Kind of ironic isn't it?

The only difference now is that the younger player (Durant) who is being compared to the more established player (Lebron) might actually have a chance to something Lebron has not yet done.

Win a ring.

The_LA_Blakers
02-08-2012, 11:25 AM

LBJ>Durant
Wade>Westbrook
Bosh>Perk
Ilbaka>Haslem
Harden>Chalmers

I'd still take the Heat. Better defensively, and Westbrook will find a way to blow every big shot he gets.

Bob Cousy
02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Get used to it bruh bruh, people will be debating this for the next 10 years.

Just like after Lebrons first few years in the leauge people saw that he has the ability to live up to his massive potential they started to make outragouse claims lke "lebron > Kobe" mostly just kobe haters who were butthurt that their boys Vince, Tmac & A.I. never eclipsed Kobe.

Now the same thing is begining to happen except Lebron is in the role of Kobe. Kind of ironic isn't it?

The only difference now is that the younger player (Durant) who is being compared to the more established player (Lebron) might actually have a chance to something Lebron has not yet done.

Win a ring.Are we even sure that Durant will get passed the torch as the next best player in the league ?

Another player might come along that has a more complete game than Durant, either that or LeBron will have an abnormally long prime.

dunksby
02-08-2012, 11:30 AM
LBJ>Durant
Wade>Westbrook
Bosh>Perk
Ilbaka>Haslem
Harden>Chalmers

I'd still take the Heat. Better defensively, and Westbrook will find a way to blow every big shot he gets.
You are just another homer who reiterates shit other trolls have said about Thunder and their players, you have never watched an OKC game this year but doesnt matter since you are gonna see your beloved Miami getting an ass whooping from OKC in March.

dunksby
02-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Are we even sure that Durant will get passed the torch as the next best player in the league ?

Another player might come along that has a more complete game than Durant, either that or LeBron will have an abnormally long prime.
Durant is already taking the torch! Keep dreaming for another 7 footer SF with a huge wing span and a wet jumpshot and the ability to score from anywhere. You might have a better chance wishing for another Lebron.

The_LA_Blakers
02-08-2012, 11:36 AM
You are just another homer who reiterates shit other trolls have said about Thunder and their players, you have never watched an OKC game this year but doesnt matter since you are gonna see your beloved Miami getting an ass whooping from OKC in March.

You're just another OKC fan butt hurt that no matter what your team does it will never be the best team in the league as long as the heat are around.

Who you guys goin go to when you need someone to take over when 'Brion and D-Wade shut down KD and West and Battier shuts down Harden?

Perk? lolz!

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2012/02/08/perkx-large.jpg

Bob Cousy
02-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Durant is already taking the torch! Keep dreaming for another 7 footer SF with a huge wing span and a wet jumpshot and the ability to score from anywhere. You might have a better chance wishing for another Lebron.
Doesn't quite have the wow factor of a Bird, Magic, Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, LeBron etc.

meh ..

pauk
02-08-2012, 11:40 AM

Durant is unique... but there have been many 6'9+ shooters/scorers like that... hell you have an even taller guy today that plays like Durant (Dirk Nowitzki, whos uniqueness won the championship)

But Lebron? Is probably the most unique player in NBA history..... not only did nobody possess that combination of size, speed, quickness, vert, endurance, power.... but there has never been a player that offensive/defensive versatile...... Magic was that versatile offensively, Pippen was that versatile defensively...... but both? No...

You will see many SF 6'9+ scorers/shooters... but you will never see a PG-SG-SF-PF (and even C depending on matchups) ever again, not to mention that athletic aswell....

The_LA_Blakers
02-08-2012, 11:40 AM
PS - You sure y'all are goin get past CP3 & the Blake show?

http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/griffin-smashes-perkins-life-300x291.jpg

arifgokcen
02-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Durant is unique... but there have been many 6'9+ shooters/scorers like that... hell you have an even taller guy today that plays like Durant (Dirk Nowitzki)

But Lebron? Is probably the most unique player in NBA history..... not only did nobody possess that combination of size, speed, quickness, vert, endurance, power.... but there has never been a player that offensive/defensive versatile...... Magic was that versatile offensively, Pippen was that versatile defensively...... but both? No...

Yes we have never seen anything like lebron(probably the most versatile two way player ever in the history).He is like combination of magic's offense with pippen's defense.BTW i think as great as durant is, i dont think he has that marketability that lebron,kobe,shaq,jordan et. have.However blake has that.If he improves his defense and his j-shot.He will be the next best player or rose has that swagger too.

pauk
02-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Yes we have never seen anything like lebron(probably the most versatile two way player ever in the history).He is like combination of magic's offense with pippen's defense.BTW i think as great as durant is, i dont think he has that marketability that lebron,kobe,shaq,jordan et. have.However blake has that.If he improves his defense and his j-shot.He will be the next best player or rose has that swagger too.

Lebron right now is almost like you created a 6'9-260 player in NBA 2K12 with max ratings, all 99... except you forgot to move the FreeThrow rating up... :D

arifgokcen
02-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Lebron right now is almost like you created a 6'9-260 player in NBA 2K12 with max ratings, all 99... except you forgot to move the FreeThrow rating up... :D

dunksby
02-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Haha Lebron/Heat homers all ganged up on me :roll:

Bob Cousy
02-08-2012, 11:56 AM
I don't even like LeBron ... but he is clearly better than Durant.

trying to claim that Durant is better is just asinine. You have retired all-time greats putting LeBron in a class with Jordan even with no rings, what does that tell you ?

arifgokcen
02-08-2012, 11:58 AM

Come on man you just brought up completely irrelevant discussion into this topic.Nobody is ganging up on you :D:oldlol:

But seriously i havent laughed so hard in a while and i dont know
and i am still laughing :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dunksby
02-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Come on man you just brought up completely irrelevant discussion into this topic.Nobody is ganging up on you :D:oldlol:

But seriously i havent laughed so hard in a while and i dont know
and i am still laughing :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
As I said earlier, what is actually pointless is comparing two players, it all comes down to which player got the better team and team work and that is not Heat or Lebron. But I guess Lebron homers are all about stats and shit so no matter what if you are Lebron or a Lebron homer you would not know sense even if it came and bit you in the ass.

arifgokcen
02-08-2012, 12:04 PM
As I said earlier, what is actually pointless is comparing two players, it all comes down to which player got the better team and team work and that is not Heat or Lebron. But I guess Lebron homers are all about stats and shit so no matter what if you are Lebron or a Lebron homer you would not know sense even if it came and bit you in the ass.

i am still laughing
btw i am not a lebron homer.I like kobe rose and griffin too.I dont downgrade one player for the sake of other

dunksby
02-08-2012, 12:08 PM
i am still laughing
btw i am not a lebron homer.I like kobe rose and griffin too.I dont downgrade one player for the sake of other
Why are you laughing though? I dont get it? I never said Durant is better than Lebron I only said OKC is better than Heat but hey I can only say my piece and hope for the best, it is completely normal for a retard to find sensibility amusing though so go on.

arifgokcen
02-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Why are you laughing though? I dont get it? I never said Durant is better than Lebron I only said OKC is better than Heat but hey I can only say my piece and hope for the best, it is completely normal for a retard to find sensibility amusing though so go on.

Man i don't know man i am just laughing but not at you.Anyway okc maybe better than heat but thats not the topic of our discussion.Why did you bring up at the first place

dunksby
02-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Man i don't know man i am just laughing but not at you.Anyway okc maybe better than heat but thats not the topic of our discussion.Why did you bring up at the first place
Dang do I have to repeat myself over and over? I did it because I find the whole thread pointless, first its because the idea of comparing two players unless they are playing in a playoff series against each other is useless. Secondly the idea behind this thread is even more pointless, a mad Chi homer feels threatened and comes up with this idea that people are claiming Durant is better than LBJ on ISH left and right which is baseless. So as you see I cant really take this thread seriously to post stuff relevant to the topic at hand.

The_LA_Blakers
02-08-2012, 12:15 PM

Why you so butt hurt?

Lebron is 6'9, 260, and has no holes to his game. He's like nothing the world has seen before. Durant is 6'10 and 210lbs (which I doubt). He's a great player and maybe someday he'll be the best, but the dude is too skinny to ever evolve into a complete player on the level of Lebron.

dunksby
02-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Why you so butt hurt?

Lebron is 6'9, 260, and has no holes to his game. He's like nothing the world has seen before. Durant is 6'10 and 210lbs (which I doubt). He's a great player and maybe someday he'll be the best, but the dude is too skinny to ever evolve into a complete player on the level of Lebron.
LMAO you truly are a retard, did you even read my post? :lol

arifgokcen
02-08-2012, 12:22 PM
So lets establish what we have discussed so far.

Whether okc or heat is better is not the discussion of this particular topic

Lebron is better than durant.

Nba probably have never seen anything like lebron.

and i am still laughing hard

The_LA_Blakers
02-08-2012, 12:23 PM
LMAO you truly are a retard, did you even read my post? :lol

Great post, man, you really proved your point.

If you think the thread is pointless, why you even post here bruh?

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/5/2/0/4/3/1/-16248313442.jpeg

dunksby
02-08-2012, 12:26 PM
So lets establish what we have discussed so far.

Whether okc or heat is better is not the discussion of this particular topic

Lebron is better than durant.

Nba probably have never seen anything like lebron.

and i am still laughing hard
If Durant is better than Durant without any question it makes the point of posting this thread void, but I dont expect trolls to understand such concept or show any level sophistication required to realize even stuff so trivial as this. :lol

The_Yearning
02-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Why you so butt hurt?

:roll:

The_LA_Blakers
02-08-2012, 12:29 PM
:roll:

Where are his holes?

29 points
7 assists
8 rbs
2 st
1 bl

55% Fg
40% 3pt
75% Ft

Playing with 2 other superstars.

Where are his holes?

pegasus
02-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Durant is much more clutch and a much better "shooter". All that talk about Lebron's FG%, and how much he has improved his shooting is just BS. If you guys would actually watch the games, you'd see that he is not "shooting" any better, he is just getting several easy lay-ups and dunks every game.

When the game slows down in the playoffs, when the defenses force him to shoot more, he will be exposed, yet again.

pauk
02-08-2012, 12:45 PM

Not really man... we are just presenting some facts for you, i think Durant is fantastic and probably top 3 player today, but not really at Lebrons level

pauk
02-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Durant is much more clutch and a much better "shooter". All that talk about Lebron's FG%, and how much he has improved his shooting is just BS. If you guys would actually watch the games, you'd see that he is not "shooting" any better, he is just getting several easy lay-ups and dunks every game.

When the game slows down in the playoffs, when the defenses force him to shoot more, he will be exposed, yet again.

Facts > Opinions.... so unless you cant present some facts to back up your opinions, then your opinions are only farts in the sky....
Facts say Durant has not been anywhere near as clutch as Lebron... want to see those facts?

RRR3
02-08-2012, 12:54 PM

Stop talking out of your ass :facepalm
http://hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx

dunksby
02-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Facts > Opinions.... so unless you cant present some facts to back up your opinions, then your opinions are only farts in the sky....
Facts say Durant has not been anywhere near as clutch as Lebron... want to see those facts?
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3680/kevindurantoftheoklahom.png

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5927/lebronjamesofthemiamihe.png

dunksby
02-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Stop talking out of your ass :facepalm
http://hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/124/nbacomstatscubeplayeran.png
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/124/nbacomstatscubeplayeran.png

The_LA_Blakers
02-08-2012, 01:04 PM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3680/kevindurantoftheoklahom.png

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5927/lebronjamesofthemiamihe.png

Link?

dunksby
02-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Link?
It's my personal website and I dont feel good about letting trolls visit it sorry dude.

The_LA_Blakers
02-08-2012, 01:09 PM
It's my personal website and I dont feel good about letting trolls visit it sorry dude.

Lol, you cited your own website as proof, then don't want people to see it? :roll:

Do you watch every single game in the NBA to come up with these stats?

And do you realize Lebron plays with D-Wade? Durant gets the ball a lot more in those situations so he has a lot better chance to have better numbers.

Plus, the Heat aren't in a lot of really close games. They have only been in 2 games decided by less than 5 points all year.

pauk
02-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Dunksby, what that clutch criteria of "4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points" (talk about cherry picking) in their 24 games so far is saying is that:

1. Durant has been playing much more minutes in those situations so far... which means that Lebron has been most like closed teams out before that cherry picked clutch criteria situation happened.. or if he losed then then he most likely lost games by 6 points (which doesnt then activate that cherry picked clutch criteria)

2. Lebron has been averaging much more rebounds, assists, blocks, steals during that cherry picked clutch criteria...

Lebron is sharing the ball in those situations with Wade & Bosh aswell... he likes to facilitate aswell in those situations (unlike Durant), but thats another topic...

Courtesy of www.nba.com/statscube....... i recommend you stick to that site because it updates all the time unlike www.82games.com

Another thing, at the end of the season is the best way to see who was more clutch in this criteria...... here is how Lebron was doing in that cherry picked clutch criteria past few years (and yes Durant was around all these 3 seasons):

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/2008-clutch-stats.jpg
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/2009-clutch-stats.jpg
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/2010-clutch-stats.jpg

Then you have the gamewinners (season & playoffs)...

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/Lebron-Clutch.png
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/Lebron-GameWinners.jpg

Durant is clutch..... but he needs to make ALOT of noise there before he has been as good as Lebron in the clutch.... especially doing it where it matters, in the playoffs........

The_LA_Blakers
02-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Dunksby, what that clutch criteria of "4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points" (talk about cherry picking) in their 24 games so far is saying is that:

1. Durant has been playing much more minutes in those situations so far... which means that Lebron has been most like closed teams out before that cherry picked clutch criteria situation happened.. or if he losed then then he most likely lost games by 6 points (which doesnt then activate that cherry picked clutch criteria)

2. Lebron has been averaging much more rebounds, assists, blocks, steals during that cherry picked clutch criteria...

Lebron is sharing the ball in those situations with Wade & Bosh aswell... he likes to facilitate aswell in those situations (unlike Durant), but thats another topic...

Courtesy of www.nba.com/statscube....... i recommend you stick to that site because it updates all the time unlike www.82games.com

Another thing, at the end of the season is the best way to see who was more clutch in this criteria...... here is how Lebron was doing in that cherry picked clutch criteria past few years (and yes Durant was around all these 3 seasons):

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/2008-clutch-stats.jpg
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/2009-clutch-stats.jpg
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/2010-clutch-stats.jpg

Then you have the gamewinners (season & playoffs)...

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/Lebron-Clutch.png
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/Lebron-GameWinners.jpg

Durant is clutch..... but he needs to make ALOT of noise there before he has been as good as Lebron in the clutch.... especially doing it where it matters, in the playoffs........

http://www.burn-recovery.org/images/burn-classification.jpg

Jasi
02-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Why you so butt hurt?

:roll: :roll:

RRR3
02-08-2012, 01:34 PM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/124/nbacomstatscubeplayeran.png
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/124/nbacomstatscubeplayeran.png
I never said LBJ was a better shooter, genius, I was responding to pegapoo's ridiculous claim that LeBron does nothing but dunk.

dunksby
02-08-2012, 01:40 PM
I never said LBJ was a better shooter, genius, I was responding to pegapoo's ridiculous claim that LeBron does nothing but dunk.
I brought up stats as reference whats wrong with that?

dunksby
02-08-2012, 01:44 PM

I used the same source for those stats as you do, how is that clutch situation cherry picked? Dude you use 82games all the time so I used it to prove Durant has been mpre clutch than anybody this season but because it does not push your agenda now Lebron's best friend (82games) is cherry picking to diss Lebron? Like it or not those are the stats in the clutch this season and Durant is doing much much better.
PS: LoL @ you bringing up stats from 3 seasons ago :roll:

LakersReign
02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Why you so butt hurt?

Yeah....uh huh....right....sure.:rolleyes:

When you're that big and have the agility to move as he does, there's no excuse not to have a wicked post game, which he doesn't have. The only excuse there is for Lebron is that he has no interest in learning how to post up consistently cuz he wants to play a peimeter game like a PG. Lebron isn't the kind of player who wants to "hang and bang" in the post, so to sit there and say he has no holes in his game just wreaks of Lebron fanboyism. And please do not get me started on how he starts out strong out the gate in games, but fades down the stretch. You bandwagon Lebron fans seriously need to learn how to present a valid argument with more than just your opinion to back it up.:facepalm

Jasi
02-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Since I'm not a stats maniac like all LeBron homers seem to be (of course, they can only rely on those), I won't be able to find this by myself... but can someone find some numbers that show how LeBron's and Durant's efficiency changes when they are on the court at the same time? Just curious.

pegasus
02-08-2012, 02:10 PM

I never said all Lebron does is dunk, but the style of game the Heat is playing this year is the main factor in his inflated FG%. Both he and Wade are getting tons of layups and dunks, but their defense is suffering from it.

He has not shot the ball well, at least in the last couple of weeks. That's a fact, and it will be on full display in the playoffs. Stay tuned.

dunksby
02-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Since I'm not a stats maniac like all LeBron homers seem to be (of course, they can only rely on those), I won't be able to find this by myself... but can someone find some numbers that show how LeBron's and Durant's efficiency changes when they are on the court at the same time? Just curious.
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8792/nbacomstatscubeplayervs.png

bsyde82
02-08-2012, 02:13 PM
For the record, I think Lebron is obviously the better player in terms of all-around skill and dominance.

That being said, as a warriors fan, I was a lot more scared of KD down the stretch (and rightfully so it turns out) than I was of Bron (and rightfully so as it turned out) when they were both in crunch time situations. In the limited amounts that I've seen him in crunch time situations this year, KD's swagger/killer instinct has gone up a level and I like it.

Bob Cousy
02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
For the record, I think Lebron is obviously the better player in terms of all-around skill and dominance.

That being said, as a warriors fan, I was a lot more scared of KD down the stretch (and rightfully so it turns out) than I was of Bron (and rightfully so as it turned out) when they were both in crunch time situations. In the limited amounts that I've seen him in crunch time situations this year, KD's swagger/killer instinct has gone up a level and I like it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OEl8uZ3N50

:basketball :djparty

Jasi
02-08-2012, 02:20 PM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8792/nbacomstatscubeplayervs.png

Thanks.
Funny no?
It seems that LeBron's performance drastically decreases when KD is on the court, and on the contrary KD's drastically improves.

dunksby
02-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks.
Funny no?
It seems that LeBron's performance drastically decreases when KD is on the court, and on the contrary KD's drastically improves.
It is funny how Lebron homers who live by the stats always diss the Clutch and VS stats. :lol

bsyde82
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OEl8uZ3N50

:basketball :djparty

Yea I watched that game buddy, still doesn't change how I feel. Anyone can hit a single last second shot. I'm talking about down the stretch, not just a single possession. And KD, in my eyes, is better in that department.

pauk
02-08-2012, 02:32 PM
It is funny how Lebron homers who live by the stats always diss the Clutch and VS stats. :lol

The only homer here is you.... you are trying desperately to say somebody lesser look better than somebody who is greater..... just because he is your favorite player... you are blinded... totally blinded by Durant dickriding...

I am a Lebron fan... but i dont state what is NOT.... in this case... Durant is NOT better than Lebron.... get that thru your head....

Just because Durant is your favorite player doesnt mean you have to create this delusional fantasy where he is the best..... he can still be your favorite player... nothing wrong with that... nothing wrong with Durant being a top 5 player....

Faptastrophe
02-08-2012, 02:35 PM
I don't see how this is even a discussion. The topic is about the better player not who's a better clutch player this/last season.
Let's not forget that the seasons before last one Lebron was the definition of clutch. He'll get his touch back.

Jasi
02-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Ok pauk you are right.
But is it true that according to stats, LeBron's efficiency greatly declines while KD's on court, and KD's efficiency improves in the same circumstances?

dunksby
02-08-2012, 02:40 PM
The only homer here is you.... you are trying desperately to say somebody lesser look better than somebody who is greater..... just because he is your favorite player... you are blinded... totally blinded by Durant dickriding...

I am a Lebron fan... but i dont state what is NOT.... in this case... Durant is NOT better than Lebron.... get that thru your head....

Just because Durant is your favorite player doesnt mean you have to create this delusional fantasy where he is the best..... he can still be your favorite player... nothing wrong with that... nothing wrong with Durant being a top 5 player....
Now you see how everyone feels about you here :cheers:

bsyde82
02-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't see how this is even a discussion. The topic is about the better player not who's a better clutch player this/last season.
Let's not forget that the seasons before last one Lebron was the definition of clutch. He'll get his touch back.

Was he? The "definition" of clutch? He crumbled (along with his team to be fair) against Boston. He never really was clutch in a meaingful way, at least from what I remember, until the Bulls and Celtics series last year, when he was mostly responsible for closing out those teams. Of course, the finals was a different story. I do think he gets too hard of a rap for being "unclutch" - but he has had his share of failure-in-the-limelight type moments.

Lebron is probably better than KD in most categories, but if KD is indeed better in crunch time situations (I share that opinion), doesn't that factor in to "who is better"? That's a very subjective measure IMO, and more complicated than just saying that since Bron is better in 3/4 categories (just throwing a number out to use an example), Bron is clearly better. Different categories should be weighed differently, and crunch time prowess IMO, should be weighed heavily.

Dave3
02-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks.
Funny no?
Using a 2 game, 4 minute sample? There are a total of 4 minutes when each was off the floor. You really think the sample numbers from those 4 minutes are anything to base anything on?

dunksby
02-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Using a 2 game, 4 minute sample? There are a total of 4 minutes when each was off the floor. You really think the sample numbers from those 4 minutes are anything to base anything on?
It's 76 minutes you illiterate waste of flesh :facepalm

Jasi
02-08-2012, 03:40 PM

76 minutes, not 4.
It's a good start.
Maybe someone can find the same stats for previous seasons.

Dave3
02-08-2012, 03:42 PM
76 minutes, not 4.
It's a good start.
Maybe someone can find the same stats for previous seasons.
76 minutes when they're both on the court. You're making a comparison of on the court vs. off the court. To make that comparison, you need an ample size of numbers for both on and off. The sample size for the off the court stats is 4 minutes. It's a terrible start lol. Extrapolating from 4 minutes to 36 is wildly inaccurate.

Jasi
02-08-2012, 03:43 PM
76 minutes when they're both on the court. You're making a comparison of on the court vs. off the court. To make that comparison, you need an ample size of numbers for both on and off. The sample size for the off the court stats is 4 minutes. It's a terrible start lol. Extrapolating from 4 minutes to 36 is wildly inaccurate.

No, it's a comparison between the player's average (1st line) and the oncourt situation (2nd line)

Dave3
02-08-2012, 03:44 PM
It's 76 minutes you illiterate waste of flesh :facepalm
You call me an illiterate waste of flesh, yet you fail to read yourself? The 76 minutes is when they're both on the court. I was clearly referring to the comparison of on vs. off the court, and since the off the court minutes total for the entirety of last season was 4, making any "on the court vs. off the court" numbers comparison useless.

You should read before calling others illiterate.

Dave3
02-08-2012, 03:45 PM
No, it's a comparison between the player's average (1st line) and the oncourt situation (2nd line)
No...it's a comparison of their averages/36 minutes with the other player on the court, vs. their averages/36 minutes with the other player off the court. It says it right in the stat box....

Durant's stats with LeBron on the court (76 min) and LeBron off the court (4 min) and vice versa. It does include the player's averages, but you were asking for when they're on the court vs. off the court vs. each other no?

Jasi
02-08-2012, 03:51 PM
No...it's a comparison of their averages/36 minutes with the other player on the court, vs. their averages/36 minutes with the other player off the court. It says it right in the stat box....

Durant's stats with LeBron on the court (76 min) and LeBron off the court (4 min) and vice versa. It does include the player's averages, but you were asking for when they're on the court vs. off the court vs. each other no?

No I think you're wrong.
The green/red colours are the result of the comparisons:
on court vs overall average
off court vs overall average

So if you look at the 2nd line (on court), you see Durant has a lot of greens ( = his performance with LeBron on court is much better than his average), while LeBron has a lot of reds.

dunksby
02-08-2012, 03:56 PM

They could not have made it simpler but you fail to understand the stats above.
First row is their averages throughout the season, second row compares the players' averages to what they performed when facing each other. Green means a player has improved his output by more than 10% when facing the other player on court while red means he has performed 10% less in that category when facing the other.

chazzy
02-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Durant's easily been better in the clutch this year, but Lebron's been better overall.

Dave3
02-08-2012, 04:03 PM
No I think you're wrong.
The green/red colours are the result of the comparisons:
on court vs overall average
off court vs overall average

So if you look at the 2nd line (on court), you see Durant has a lot of greens ( = his performance with LeBron on court is much better than his average), while LeBron has a lot of reds.
Yeah, I know all that, but I thought you were comparing their productions against each other when they're on the court vs. off the court (but still playing each others' teams).

Dave3
02-08-2012, 04:04 PM
They could not have made it simpler but you fail to understand the stats above.
First row is their averages throughout the season, second row compares the players' averages to what they performed when facing each other. Green means a player has improved his output by more than 10% when facing the other player on court while red means he has performed 10% less in that category when facing the other.
Again, I was referring to the off the court numbers. The one with the 4 minute sample. That's the one that had the "drastic" differences for Durant more so than vs. the season average.

dunksby
02-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Again, I was referring to the off the court numbers. The one with the 4 minute sample. That's the one that had the "drastic" differences for Durant more so than vs. the season average.
Again you fail to read the stats or you would not be saying shit like this. Go take a look at it again and again and again and again, there is a chance you might catch up on some of the info those stats are trying to convey.

Dave3
02-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Again you fail to read the stats or you would not be saying shit like this. Go take a look at it again and again and again and again, there is a chance you might catch up on some of the info those stats are trying to convey.
I know what the chart is trying to convey genius. I was making a comment with respect to what he was talking about it. I thought he was talking about the 2nd vs. 3rd row, not 1st vs. 2nd, because he was saying there's a drastic change.

Jasi
02-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Cool, anyways there is relevant change (>10%) between the 2nd line and the 1st in a reasonable sample.
I'd like too see more of the same stat, for the previous seasons. It may be completely different, who knows.

Dave3
02-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Cool, anyways there is relevant change (>10%) between the 2nd line and the 1st in a reasonable sample.
I'd like too see more of the same stat, for the previous seasons. It may be completely different, who knows.
They play like 95% of their minutes against each other anyways, so the old fashioned head to head stat would work fine for this I think. At least back to the year 2009-2010. Before that the Thunder were a poor team and Durant wasn't as good as he is now.

Jasi
02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
They play like 95% of their minutes against each other anyways, so the old fashioned head to head stat would work fine for this I think. At least back to the year 2009-2010. Before that the Thunder were a poor team and Durant wasn't as good as he is now.

Yeah but I wouldn't know where to find that :hammerhead: I'm not a stat geek at all.
Actually I don't give a flying f_ck about stats usually, I just wanted to troll the stat-lovers :oldlol:

dunksby
02-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Yeah but I wouldn't know where to find that :hammerhead: I'm not a stat geek at all.
Actually I don't give a flying f_ck about stats usually, I just wanted to troll the stat-lovers :oldlol:
http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/

Dave3
02-08-2012, 04:29 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duranke01&p2=jamesle01

pegasus
02-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I never said all Lebron does is dunk, but the style of game the Heat is playing this year is the main factor in his inflated FG%. Both he and Wade are getting tons of layups and dunks, but their defense is suffering from it.

He has not shot the ball well, at least in the last couple of weeks. That's a fact, and it will be on full display in the playoffs. Stay tuned.
Good to be right.:pimp:

It was a playoff like atmosphere. Orlando didn't give the Heat many fast break opportunities, and all of a sudden Lebron shoots 5 for 15. And more importantly, totally turns the defer mode on in the 4th quarter.

Sorry guys, but he just does not have the offensive arsenal to lead a team to a championship. I'm sure he'll keep on working, so one day he may.

dunksby
02-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Good to be right.:pimp:

It was a playoff like atmosphere. Orlando didn't give the Heat many fast break opportunities, and all of a sudden Lebron shoots 5 for 15. And more importantly, totally turns the defer mode on in the 4th quarter.

Sorry guys, but he just does not have the offensive arsenal to lead a team to a championship. I'm sure he'll keep on working, so one day he may.
He was 0-10 in the second half I think :lol Cant believe his homers think this guy is clutch or can close games :facepalm

Jotaro Durant
02-08-2012, 11:47 PM
impressive game by james today mos def better then durant

The Real JW
04-05-2013, 06:03 PM
They're both better than Rose.