PDA

View Full Version : Nikola Pekovic is a stud

Pages : [1] 2

fos
02-07-2012, 10:45 PM
He's been getting some burn lately and he's just a beast. He's a bull in the paint. That is all.

FireMcFailPlease
02-07-2012, 10:49 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--59x6t7YqUU/TzA_mBo0QDI/AAAAAAAAA2c/XLoNt-PydEI/w400/5xvc0n.jpg

TaLvsCuaL
02-07-2012, 10:50 PM
I said several times that he deserves its own thread, He is a beast.

04mzwach
02-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Destroys the competiton with dunks on the face and hook shots over the head. Suck it league.

brisbaneman
02-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Destroys the competiton with dunks on the face and hook shots over the head. Suck it league.

THIS

blacknapalm
02-08-2012, 12:00 AM

reminds me a bit of the dude in your avatar actually. 6'11, 290. he gets deep post position and can finish with either hand. al jeff has better footwork but they're kinda similar

La Frescobaldi
02-08-2012, 12:11 AM
reminds me a bit of the dude in your avatar actually. 6'11, 290. he gets deep post position and can finish with either hand. al jeff has better footwork but they're kinda similar

Wow that is hard nosed comparison.... I have only caught a couple games where he had lot of minutes but it seemed like his help defense.... wasn't always a lot of help? But I can be wrong on that his O is real old school like 70s almost... Hard shouldered, brutal

blacknapalm
02-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Wow that is hard nosed comparison.... I have only caught a couple games where he had lot of minutes but it seemed like his help defense.... wasn't always a lot of help? But I can be wrong on that his O is real old school like 70s almost... Hard shouldered, brutal

yep. he even looks like some sort of balkan mobster. he'd break your fingers :oldlol:

La Frescobaldi
02-08-2012, 01:15 AM
yep. he even looks like some sort of balkan mobster. he'd break your fingers :oldlol:

You weel geev me dis ball or I will BREAK somesink.

Yes? Your arm I am thinking, yes?

OKAY SANK YOU PLEESE!!

04mzwach
02-08-2012, 01:24 AM
put together quick from tonight's game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUqRmnKAolw

brisbaneman
02-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Someone negged me in this thread saying " You wouldn't like pekovic if he were black."

No joke.

04mzwach
02-08-2012, 02:29 AM
Someone negged me in this thread saying " You wouldn't like pekovic if he were black."

No joke.
:lol Man, I bet they're going to neg me too then.

La Frescobaldi
02-08-2012, 02:36 AM

Workin with Sikma.... That's cool!!! But where is Jack's outside game? He had the smooth 15-18 foot jumper and those gliding passes

ImmortalNemesis
02-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Is he the same fat shit who bullied Scola, Patterson, and Dalembert? I hate his guts. All he does is run over people. He has a nice touch though.

Clutch
02-08-2012, 02:47 AM
I had watched him play in Europe and I knew he could be a very solid contributor in the NBA.

9 points and 5 rebounds in 19 minutes per game :applause:

flipogb
02-08-2012, 02:54 AM
I could tell hed be able to bully other teams, didnt work against the Lakers but I thought it could be effective

abuC
02-08-2012, 03:23 AM
I could tell hed be able to bully other teams, didnt work against the Lakers but I thought it could be effective

13 and 9 against the Lakers in only 20 minutes is pretty good :confusedshrug:

chains5000
02-08-2012, 03:42 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--59x6t7YqUU/TzA_mBo0QDI/AAAAAAAAA2c/XLoNt-PydEI/w400/5xvc0n.jpg
LOL

Lebron23
02-08-2012, 04:01 AM

:lol :lol :lol

Are they planning to trade Darko Milicic? Pekovic is better than him, and his contract his way cheaper.

Teanett
02-08-2012, 04:13 AM
he's very good but everybody playing with rubio looks very good...

alenleomessi
02-08-2012, 04:23 AM
i was saying last season he should get more playing time

flipogb
02-08-2012, 04:27 AM
13 and 9 against the Lakers in only 20 minutes is pretty good :confusedshrug:
he didnt outplay our bigs is what I meant, but he played well

frmsea2okc
02-08-2012, 04:37 AM
wow i knew he was big but he plays incredibly smooth. that youtube clip was great by the way. The way he get position deep, bullies but doesn't push is great. looks like a legit starting center, now if they can get a real 2 guard (friggin wes has looked shitty and its because he's playing out of position, turn him into a small forward defensive stopper off the bench i.e. nic batum) and possibly amnesty darko they'll be a playoff team for awhile.

morbius
02-08-2012, 06:03 AM
As I've said before, Peković is a low post scoring monster, but that's about it, he is as one-dimensional as you can get. However, despite being what Americans would describe as "dumb f*ck", he has always put quite a lot of effort in his game and I think it's quite possible that he could become an average defender and rebounder, making him a decent starting NBA C. Miličić is way more talented than him, but the guy is a complete bonehead.

SAKOTXA
02-08-2012, 06:08 AM
As I've said before, Peković is a low post scoring monster, but that's about it, he is as one-dimensional as you can get. However, despite being what Americans would describe as "dumb f*ck", he has always put quite a lot of effort in his game and I think it's quite possible that he could become an average defender and rebounder, making him a decent starting NBA C. Miličić is way more talented than him, but the guy is a complete bonehead.
He is a great rebounder. :confusedshrug:

blacknapalm
02-08-2012, 06:12 AM

what's all this? most here are praising him and i'd venture to guess most are americans. milicic, as you said, is a bonehead. he's also been lazy and made excuses over the years. he has length and size, takes smart defensive angles, but is limited on offense. if you want to call pekovic limited, what is milicic offensively? he has an unreliable hook shot and mid-range jumper. pekovic gets deep post position, seals off his defender and can finish with either hand. he has a push shot and flip shot. yes, that's limited but it's effective. he also has a serviceable mid-range game. the extra bit that milicic gives defensively is no match for what pekovic brings to the table offensively. average rebounder? as a starter, he's averaging about 10 rebounds. not elite, not great, but good. milicic may have more talent but he was never able to put it all together. i personally thought he came to the US too early and lost some confidence/drive

kingBynum
02-08-2012, 06:18 AM
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/Nikola%20Pekovic%205501549216_504d8738ee.jpg
Looks like

http://i2.listal.com/image/1966186/600full-andrei-arlovski.jpg

blacknapalm
02-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Looks like

shieeettttt. he kinda does :oldlol:

too bad arlovksi had a glass chin cuz that guy had pure KO power

he also looks like the guy named niko from GTA. ish is not coincidental. i seriously think this guy would take your family hostage and mentally and physically abuse you until he gets what he wants. someone owe you a heavy debt? call pek!

if i'm walking down a dark alley, i'm taking ivan johnson and pekovic as my backup. we'd go bar hopping and wreck downtown :rockon:

kingBynum
02-08-2012, 06:27 AM
but arlovski had a better beard:oldlol:

Euroleague
02-08-2012, 06:47 AM
what's all this? most here are praising him and i'd venture to guess most are americans. milicic, as you said, is a bonehead. he's also been lazy and made excuses over the years. he has length and size, takes smart defensive angles, but is limited on offense. if you want to call pekovic limited, what is milicic offensively? he has an unreliable hook shot and mid-range jumper. pekovic gets deep post position, seals off his defender and can finish with either hand. he has a push shot and flip shot. yes, that's limited but it's effective. he also has a serviceable mid-range game. the extra bit that milicic gives defensively is no match for what pekovic brings to the table offensively. average rebounder? as a starter, he's averaging about 10 rebounds. not elite, not great, but good. milicic may have more talent but he was never able to put it all together. i personally thought he came to the US too early and lost some confidence/drive

Americans have been making fum of him for years in this forum.

"LMFAO at this SCRUB that was in the all Euroleague team".

"This POS bench scrub can't even get in a game in the NBA, but he dominated in Europe".

About 1,000 such variations of those comments, about 1,000 times in this forum.

Along with calling EVERY single European fan a liar, troll, "insane", etc. if they said he could easily play in the NBA if he was just given a chance by his stupid idiot NBA coaches to play.

No one in Europe would ever claim Milicic was half as good as Pekovic, yet 100% of the Americans in this forum would call you a troll and say you should be banned if it was said in this forum.

The point is that American NBA fans are incredibly hypocritical and have extremely low knowledge of the game of basketball, and are incredibly xenophobic and out of line with their unbelievable hatred towards anything related to European basketball.

Now all of a sudden, the same people are praising Pekovic..........it proves the unbelievable level of hypocrisy that American NBA fans have.

And FYI genius, Pekovic was a below average defender and rebounder by Euroleague level standards.

blacknapalm
02-08-2012, 06:59 AM
andddd welcome back euroleague. thread selection: A :rolleyes:

swi7ch
02-08-2012, 07:57 AM

F*ck. Why can't MIA get guys like these? :cry:

Rnbizzle
02-08-2012, 08:04 AM
The white Al Jefferson! :bowdown:

poido123
02-08-2012, 08:14 AM
The white Al Jefferson! :bowdown:

Just picked him up in fantasy, hope he keeps this up :cheers: When Darko comes back, i hope he continues to play starters minutes. as for the wolves team, their fans must be quite excited by their overall talent, good to see a smaller market teams becoming a force.

04mzwach
02-08-2012, 04:40 PM
he's very good but everybody playing with rubio looks very good... :no:
Rubio isn't the reason he has been beasting though. Put that idea to rest. Rubio will set players up for dunks, but he can't help them bully in the paint and do post moves for them.

04mzwach
02-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Americans have been making fum of him for years in this forum.

"LMFAO at this SCRUB that was in the all Euroleague team".

"This POS bench scrub can't even get in a game in the NBA, but he dominated in Europe".

About 1,000 such variations of those comments, about 1,000 times in this forum.

Along with calling EVERY single European fan a liar, troll, "insane", etc. if they said he could easily play in the NBA if he was just given a chance by his stupid idiot NBA coaches to play.

No one in Europe would ever claim Milicic was half as good as Pekovic, yet 100% of the Americans in this forum would call you a troll and say you should be banned if it was said in this forum.

The point is that American NBA fans are incredibly hypocritical and have extremely low knowledge of the game of basketball, and are incredibly xenophobic and out of line with their unbelievable hatred towards anything related to European basketball.

Now all of a sudden, the same people are praising Pekovic..........it proves the unbelievable level of hypocrisy that American NBA fans have.

And FYI genius, Pekovic was a below average defender and rebounder by Euroleague level standards.
Wow, that's horrible. The Euroleague really sucks. You can tell he has developed his game then. :oldlol:

04mzwach
02-08-2012, 06:15 PM
February 3rd against Nets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Frep79gE2o

La Frescobaldi
02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
February 3rd against Nets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Frep79gE2o

just what I was hopin for with Rabid Canines - PAINT BALL

Get this guy on some serious rebounding regimen and Let the Pounding Begin

"I gotta have help over here Love is killin' me"

"Whatcha mean you wanna double team on Love? I can't leave the Balkan Beast alone!!"

"Don't let Rubio drive, fight through that flimsy pick"

"Flimsy?? You try and get through that pig"

"Wait........ where did all the rebounds go..........."

jamal99
02-09-2012, 07:31 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/978514/j9asrq_medium.jpg

Bosnian Sajo
02-09-2012, 07:36 AM
LOL idk why but from the main page I read this as "Nikola Pekovic is dead" I was like :eek:

morbius
02-10-2012, 05:35 AM
He is a great rebounder. :confusedshrug:

Don't look at his latest numbers, guy has been a very poor rebounded and defender throughout his career. He couldn't box out to save his life and his jumping was poor. He looks in much better shape now as compared to his European days, he clearly lost some weight and hopefully learned a few things going along, so some improvement is to be expected. His scoring figures should also rise a lot now that he has Rubio to feed him.

Fiba basketball
02-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Don't look at his latest numbers, guy has been a very poor rebounded and defender throughout his career. He couldn't box out to save his life and his jumping was poor. He looks in much better shape now as compared to his European days, he clearly lost some weight and hopefully learned a few things going along, so some improvement is to be expected. His scoring figures should also rise a lot now that he has Rubio to feed him.
This season he played in Partizan where Acie Law was a pg ( played very bad ) and he played great so he doesnt need a good pg . He rebounded great in offence and played better defense than he played before so you can see he improved and it doesnt matter how he played before

Euroleague
02-10-2012, 10:39 AM

I don't see the big Rubio effect on Pekovic. He has had tremendous pick and roll point guards playing with him before in Panathinaikos, such as Diamantidis, Jasikeivicus, Spanoulis, all of whom are better at running the pick and roll than Rubio is.

On the other hand, in Partizan, he didn't have much in the way of that type of passing point guard. I saw no difference at all in his individual offensive game from Partizan to Panathinaikos. People are just wanting to credit Rubio for everything, whether he deserves it or not.

I agree about his defense and rebounding though. He was often on the bench in Panathinaikos because his defense and rebounding were so bad.

abuC
02-11-2012, 10:52 PM
He's killing the Knicks right now, this guy is definitely for real.

La Frescobaldi
02-12-2012, 02:31 PM
He's killing the Knicks right now, this guy is definitely for real.

quite probable the sitting of the Balkan Bruiser cost the Wolves that game along with several other games.

Adelman has not found his wisdom-method of this team and he'd better hurry up with it or they're gonna collapse on morale.

Best manuever to me is ditch platoon rotations. Some teams that works, this one it doesn't

returnofthemack
02-12-2012, 02:35 PM
it never fails to make me laugh when i here people call ball players "studs" or "beasts". i know its very common but its just a little. how shall i say.... gay

Burgz
02-12-2012, 03:08 PM
NBA body, great hands, high motor

he'll have a solid NBA career

La Frescobaldi
02-13-2012, 01:53 PM
NBA body, great hands, high motor

he'll have a solid NBA career

We'll find out some more about Pekovic tonight......... Orlando has a pretty fair center really.

How well does he show up now - mid-season when everyone has seen some tape and sees what he can and can't do?

The game is set for 7:00 p.m. ET and can be seen on NBA TV.

Burgz
02-13-2012, 03:37 PM
We'll find out some more about Pekovic tonight......... Orlando has a pretty fair center really.

How well does he show up now - mid-season when everyone has seen some tape and sees what he can and can't do?

The game is set for 7:00 p.m. ET and can be seen on NBA TV.

it should be a good matchup, if he's as smart of a baller as i think he is he'll try to get howard into foul trouble early

Clutch
02-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Peković can be a very solid NBA center.

I watched him play in Euroleague and he was impressive so I'm not surprised at all by his recent performance.

He's surely better than Darko Miličić.

Burgz
02-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Peković can be a very solid NBA center.

I watched him play in Euroleague and he was impressive so I'm not surprised at all by his recent performance.

He's surely better than Darko Miličić.

careful, i heard if we say that word "he who must not be named" will come back :lol

ProfessorMurder
02-13-2012, 04:11 PM
it never fails to make me laugh when i here people call ball players "studs" or "beasts". i know its very common but its just a little. how shall i say.... gay

How is 'beast' gay? I can understand 'stud', but 'beast' is gay?

MK2V1GP
02-13-2012, 04:16 PM
it should be a good matchup, if he's as smart of a baller as i think he is he'll try to get howard into foul trouble early

If the Wolves, mostly Ridnour, throw the ball down low to him.

Can't tell you how many times Pek has had excellent low post position, but because the Wolves didn't give him the ball, he got called for a 3-seconds.

And what really sucks is that the refs are calling Pek for 3 second calls very fast. Most players can camp out in the lane for 5 or 6 seconds with no call, but Pek is barely in there for 3 seconds and a whistle is blown.

leopoldstotch
02-13-2012, 04:27 PM
all i can say is the guy is a double double machine. :bowdown: he's putting up so much solid games lately i'm considering trading dwight howard for some solid shooters to beef up my 3 point stats (i'm dead last. :( )

Burgz
02-13-2012, 04:29 PM
If the Wolves, mostly Ridnour, throw the ball down low to him.

Can't tell you how many times Pek has had excellent low post position, but because the Wolves didn't give him the ball, he got called for a 3-seconds.

And what really sucks is that the refs are calling Pek for 3 second calls very fast. Most players can camp out in the lane for 5 or 6 seconds with no call, but Pek is barely in there for 3 seconds and a whistle is blown.

yea but there is more than one way but against howard the other way is not so easy

he has to battle for offensive rebounds and try and wear him down and make him commit bad fouls

physically he should be up to the task, however, so should howard

Alan
02-13-2012, 04:42 PM
One thing he needs to improve is keeping the ball away from smaller defenders. There have been plenty of occasions where he makes a move but keeps the ball down low and gets stripped. This usually happens without a foul call as well. I think 3 second calls and strips are the only ways he turns the ball over. Perhaps a couple of travel calls earlier in the season too.

blacknapalm
02-13-2012, 11:15 PM
16/13/1/1 vs dwight. guy is a monster on the offensive glass. plus, he played well defensively :rockon:

leopoldstotch
02-13-2012, 11:22 PM
:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

Burgz
02-14-2012, 12:37 AM
16/13/1/1 vs dwight. guy is a monster on the offensive glass. plus, he played well defensively :rockon:

most times dwight was on him though dwight gobbled him up

he did beat him a couple of times on the offensive boards which is promising, if he can do it against dwight he can do it against anyone

how meaningful those minutes were? now that's where the real question is i guess, this game got out of hand quickly lol

StroShow4
02-14-2012, 12:51 AM
most times dwight was on him though dwight gobbled him up

There was one play where he sealed Dwight and spun right off of him for a dunk. Most of his other shots (both made and missed), aside from his two baskets in the final minute, came from his work on the offensive glass. He didn't get that many looks in the post maybe partly because of Dwight but also because they kept turning the ball over trying to throw it to him (not his fault all but maybe one time). I didn't think it was clear that Dwight effected him offensively... he just wasn't fed in the post tonight so it was hard to tell.

Overall I thought he out-played Dwight for sure. Howard couldn't get position on him at all. Howard never beat him down the floor one time, and only got loose for one alley-oop dunk (I guess he got loose for two, but f@cked one up). Pekovic didn't allow him to get any offensive boards either. I think the only one he got when Pekovic was in the game was the one where Pek had to pick up someone else.

blacknapalm
02-14-2012, 01:24 AM
There was one play where he sealed Dwight and spun right off of him for a dunk. Most of his other shots (both made and missed), aside from his two baskets in the final minute, came from his work on the offensive glass. He didn't get that many looks in the post maybe partly because of Dwight but also because they kept turning the ball over trying to throw it to him (not his fault all but maybe one time). I didn't think it was clear that Dwight effected him offensively... he just wasn't fed in the post tonight so it was hard to tell.

Overall I thought he out-played Dwight for sure. Howard couldn't get position on him at all. Howard never beat him down the floor one time, and only got loose for one alley-oop dunk (I guess he got loose for two, but f@cked one up). Pekovic didn't allow him to get any offensive boards either. I think the only one he got when Pekovic was in the game was the one where Pek had to pick up someone else.

this is what i was most impressed with it. i think pek can be a starting center for a while. howard has trouble vs. some of those sturdy guys (ie chuck hayes)

StroShow4
02-14-2012, 01:47 AM
this is what i was most impressed with it. i think pek can be a starting center for a while. howard has trouble vs. some of those sturdy guys (ie chuck hayes)

He doesn't have the strength in his lower body. Those big guns and wide shoulders look cool and all, but they're not what really matters in the post. Hayes, Pekovic... they've got those tree trunk legs. That's why Pekovic is so amazing at getting position down low... he's so strong in his lower body.

MavsPoke
02-14-2012, 02:18 AM
He should do some videos with FPSRussia.

Have nice day.

La Frescobaldi
02-14-2012, 02:55 AM
He doesn't have the strength in his lower body. Those big guns and wide shoulders look cool and all, but they're not what really matters in the post. Hayes, Pekovic... they've got those tree trunk legs. That's why Pekovic is so amazing at getting position down low... he's so strong in his lower body.

So now that we see Pekovic can stand his ground against a pretty fair center, where does he rank?
Starter in a small market?
Starter in Boston or Miami?
Top 10 in the league?

B-Easy8
02-14-2012, 04:36 AM
He has been excellent, I haven't seen any opposing centre outplay him since he became the starter. He outplayed Dwight today as well. I would like to see him get more touches as he doesn't really get the ball from anyone except Rubio. I think he is a top 10 C.

jamal99
02-14-2012, 08:10 AM
If he started playing like this from the begining of the season, would he be in the All Star game (instead of Marc)?

blacknapalm
02-14-2012, 08:14 AM
If he started playing like this from the begining of the season, would he be in the All Star game (instead of Marc)?

doubt it. gasol is still more versatile offensively and better defensively. the only edge i'd give pekovic is offensive boards and putbacks. gasol is double teamed wayyy more than pekovic.

Burgz
02-14-2012, 12:33 PM

i think the pace of the game had a lot to do with the opportunities in the post, i dont think they had enough time to get block to block consistently and i honestly dont think the wolves were even making an effort to look for him

i think they were just trying to get howard out of the paint most of the time

StroShow4
02-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Had some unusual troubles finishing around the rim early, but still put 21/11 (and a season-high 3 blocks) on the Bobcats tonight. The Montenegrin Bulldozer rolls on. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

La Frescobaldi
02-16-2012, 03:24 AM
Had some unusual troubles finishing around the rim early, but still put 21/11 (and a season-high 3 blocks) on the Bobcats tonight. The Montenegrin Bulldozer rolls on. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
stupid fricking recording freaking machine went on the fricking fritz and i didn't get to tape the frickin game what a frickin frzzle that is

did they look good? I saw stat lines but shoot Love is possibly the most unstoppable player in the league and pekovic is trashing everything in his path. those seem to be a given.
But what about the outside game? inability to match teams at the 2, that is why they are losing from what i have seen...... not that i saw this frickin game due to the frickin dvr going on the frickin frasdfkdrrrrrdle..................

madmax
02-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Pekovic is a beast, no doubt about it...he's certainly no worse than Marc Gasol and Bynum too, just not as marketable as these two. Hopefully he'll get recognized in this league and get his permanent starting role on some decent team:cheers:

blacknapalm
02-16-2012, 04:30 AM
Pekovic is a beast, no doubt about it...he's certainly no worse than Marc Gasol and Bynum too, just not as marketable as these two. Hopefully he'll get recognized in this league and get his permanent starting role on some decent team:cheers:

let's not get carried away :lol

i like him and i've been posting in this thread since early on. he's a bruiser for sure, but he needs to put together more of a body of work before he goes over guys like gasol, bynum and gortat. he already has a serviceable mid-range jumper and if he continues to work on that while reducing his TO's, he'll be right up there

oh ya, interesting stat. he leads the league in offensive rebounds per minute. :rockon:

MK2V1GP
02-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Fact: If Pekovic played for the Knicks, there would be a media-frenzy surrounding the massive Montenegrin almost same as there is Lin.

Since he's been starting (Feb), he's averaging 17.1 ppg with a .613 FG%, and 10.6 rpg along with 1 spg and 1 bpg.

dunksby
02-16-2012, 05:22 PM
This season he played in Partizan where Acie Law was a pg ( played very bad ) and he played great so he doesnt need a good pg . He rebounded great in offence and played better defense than he played before so you can see he improved and it doesnt matter how he played before
He must have worked on his game hard and now is being rewarded with playtime, dude is definitely a beast averaging that many rebounds playing alongside Love. I remember having a discussion with you at the beginning of the season about him and Ibaka.

I.R.Beast
02-16-2012, 05:23 PM
You weel geev me dis ball or I will BREAK somesink.

Yes? Your arm I am thinking, yes?

OKAY SANK YOU PLEESE!!
lmao

Fiba basketball
02-17-2012, 09:49 AM
He must have worked on his game hard and now is being rewarded with playtime, dude is definitely a beast averaging that many rebounds playing alongside Love. I remember having a discussion with you at the beginning of the season about him and Ibaka.
I told you he only needs a chance . Its good that he is playing with Love because he isnt that good defensive rebounder . I think that Pekovic and Love are one of the best C/PF combination in Nba . I hope they wont get Gasol because Pekovic will only get better and Gasol is old .

StroShow4
02-17-2012, 09:58 AM
stupid fricking recording freaking machine went on the fricking fritz and i didn't get to tape the frickin game what a frickin frzzle that is

did they look good? I saw stat lines but shoot Love is possibly the most unstoppable player in the league and pekovic is trashing everything in his path. those seem to be a given.
But what about the outside game? inability to match teams at the 2, that is why they are losing from what i have seen...... not that i saw this frickin game due to the frickin dvr going on the frickin frasdfkdrrrrrdle..................

They got off to a poor start but got their sh!t together in the 3rd quarter.

blacknapalm
02-17-2012, 10:27 PM
19/5/2 at halftime. 22/8 now. he's eating scola and dalembert alive. last call! all abroad the Montenegrin bulldozer train!

StroShow4
02-17-2012, 10:50 PM
New career high of 28 points in the 3rd quarter. :pimp:

10 boards too. :pimp:

blacknapalm
02-17-2012, 11:12 PM
30/12/3/3 :bowdown:

jack.
02-17-2012, 11:13 PM
30 points 12 rebounds 3 steals 3 blocks

Not bad...

Lebowsky
02-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Did anybody see Rubio's last assist in the game? That pass was crazy as hell.

FireDavidKahn
02-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Did anybody see Rubio's last assist in the game? That pass was crazy as hell.
#1 highlight on Sportscenter. That was crazy.

MK2V1GP
02-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Like I said the other day, if Pek played for the Knicks, there'd be just as much media hype on him as Lin.

Pek is a BEAST.

Lebowsky
02-17-2012, 11:20 PM
#1 highlight on Sportscenter. That was crazy.
Seriously, it looked awesome in the replay but it was even more impressive when it happened live. All I saw was someone passing the ball to Rubio, who was looking away from the basket and guarded closely, and next thing you know is Love scoring an easy lay-up. Amazing pass.

FireDavidKahn
02-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Seriously, it looked awesome in the replay but it was even more impressive when it happened live. All I saw was someone passing the ball to Rubio, who was looking away from the basket and guarded closely, and next thing you know is Love scoring an easy lay-up. Amazing pass.
When it happened live I thought he got spooked and was throwing it away, but then Love came into the picture at the last second. Rubio is something else. :banana: :rockon: :cheers:

MK2V1GP
02-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Found this searching for Pekovic highlight vids :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC2N5M6EPXo&feature=player_embedded

blacknapalm
02-17-2012, 11:39 PM

same here. too awesome :oldlol:

04mzwach
02-17-2012, 11:42 PM

:roll: :roll: :cheers:

Fiba basketball
03-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Is he top 5 C in the NBA ?

B-Easy8
03-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Is he top 5 C in the NBA ?

In my opinion he is.

In no particular order:

Bynum
Marc Gasol
Al Jefferson
Dwight
Pek

Dengness9
03-13-2012, 03:11 PM
In my opinion he is.

In no particular order:

Bynum
Marc Gasol
Al Jefferson
Dwight
Pek

I love Pek's game, but he hasn't been around enough to be ranked above Noah. Noah has been a mad man since late January, averaging something around 11/11/3/2/1. Plus he had that trip dub in 30 minutes of play w/ out playing the 4th.

Lover
03-13-2012, 04:00 PM
I and other Europeans
Aren't you from Kansas?

Basketbolero
03-13-2012, 04:02 PM
The guy is beasting this season :applause: . Some highlights from last night's game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmqfuidiLFw)

Euroleague
03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Idiocy i could maybe see sometimes; I been a fool myself, more than once.

But why hypocrisy?

Because all last year he was made fun of here. "Euro scrub that is All-Euroleague but can't even get off the bench in the NBA".

I and other Europeans said he would easily be one of the best centers in the NBA, and the best in the low post and we were attacked and slammed as "liars, idiots, Euro homers, etc."

All he needed was playing time. But his NBA coach would not give it to him simply because he was European. This is standard NBA operating procedure against most European players. But if you say this in this forum, you get attacked. "He is just a POS scrub Euro that can't hang with the blacks in NBA".

That's the claim from 99% of this forum.

A year later, a new coach that is European friendly, because he was burned and destroyed by the Drazen Petrovic fiasco, plays him. Because he learned his lesson 25 years ago.

Suddenly, the forum is full of the SAME PEOPLE calling him a "beast, stud, top center, unstoppable", etc.

And then you have the morons that try to twist, skew, and manipulate the facts by creating an alternate revinionist history that is untrue in order to keep up their fake lies and myths about Euroleague players.

"Rubio is responsible. Rubio made him".

But since Rubio got injured that fake lie and myth won't work. So now the new one is already appearing.

"He must have really worked to improve his game this summer."

Another total bull shit lie made up fantasy, to try to explain why he didn't play last year. When the truth is it is simply because he was European and that's how the NBA operates.

It's the ridiculousness of this forum when it comes to Euroleague players and the total hypocrisy of it.

Past Euroleague players that were called "Euro scrubs" here then now "beasts" once they got playing time include Ilyasova, Splitter, and others.

Now, the same morons if you bring this up, will say "Jeremy Pargo was All-Euroleague and is a scrub in the NBA that sucks. Of course that's because he is getting benched for no reason the same way. Because the NBA does this on purpose. To make the NBA seem better than the Euroleague.

It's all a planned and purposely done marketing gimmick, yet NBA only fans are so dumb they can't figure it out.

And just as an example, the same people calling Pekovic a "Beast", that last year were calling him a "scrub", will turn around and call Spanoulis and Navarro scrubs.

Let's get this clear totally, because you seem to be one of the very few people in this forum that understands basketball. That actually knows it.

Navarro and Spanoulis are much better players than Pekovic and Rubio. MUCH BETTER. And these same morons call them "Euro scrubs". When if either of them was just put in an NBA team, given playing time, and allowed to do his thing - they would easily be top level NBA players.

You are talking about guys that are way better than Pekovic, Rubio, Ilyasova. They are "Euro scrubs" according to this forum. But if they were actually given a fair chance in the NBA, the same people would be calling them "beasts".

NBA only fans are extreme hypocrits.

Truth be told - Rubio sucked in Euroleague. Lawson sucked in Euroleague. Jennings sucked in Euroleague.

Pekovic was very good in Euroleague, but not nearly as effective as he is in the NBA. He could play 10 years in Euroleague and NEVER do a 30/12 game.

Ilyasova was just a nice role player in Euroleague. He was like a smaller, less athletic version of Fotsis. And the same people that are here calling Ilyasova a "beast", would turn around and call Fotsis a "Euro scrub".

Now watch, after this post, there will appear some threads like "Anthony Parker the god of Euroleague", "Brian Scalabrine the Wilt of Europe", "Marcus Brown the Jordan of Euroleague", etc.

Just watch. They will appear. They will involve all the same people, and will NOT be deleted or locked. Now ask yourself why?

dunksby
03-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Because all last year he was made fun of here. "Euro scrub that is All-Euroleague but can't even get off the bench in the NBA".

I and other Europeans said he would easily be one of the best centers in the NBA, and the best in the low post and we were attacked and slammed as "liars, idiots, Euro homers, etc."

All he needed was playing time. But his NBA coach would not give it to him simply because he was European. This is standard NBA operating procedure against most European players. But if you say this in this forum, you get attacked. "He is just a POS scrub Euro that can't hang with the blacks in NBA".

A year later, a new coach that is European friendly, because he was burned and destroyed by the Drazen Petrovic fiasco, plays him. Because he learned his lesson 25 years ago.

Suddenly, the forum is full of the SAME PEOPLE calling him a "beast, stud, top center, unstoppable", etc.

And then you have the morons that try to twist, skew, and manipulate the facts by creating an alternate revinionist history that is untrue in order to keep up their fake lies and myths about Euroleague players.

But since Rubio got injured that fake lie and myth won't work. So now the new one is already appearing.

Another total bull shit lie made up fantasy, to try to explain why he didn't play last year. When the truth is it is simply because he was European and that's how the NBA operates.

It's the ridiculousness of this forum when it comes to Euroleague players and the total hypocrisy of it.

Past Euroleague players that were called "Euro scrubs" here then now "beasts" once they got playing time include Ilyasova, Splitter, and others.

Now, the same morons if you bring this up, will say "Jeremy Pargo was All-Euroleague and is a scrub in the NBA that sucks. Of course that's because he is getting benched for no reason the same way. Because the NBA does this on purpose. To make the NBA seem better than the Euroleague.

It's all a planned and purposely done marketing gimmick, yet NBA only fans are so dumb they can't figure it out.

And just as an example, the same people calling Pekovic a "Beast", that last year were calling him a "scrub", will turn around and call Spanoulis and Navarro scrubs.

Let's get this clear totally, because you seem to be one of the very few people in this forum that understands basketball. That actually knows it.

Navarro and Spanoulis are much better players than Pekovic and Rubio. MUCH BETTER. And these same morons call them "Euro scrubs". When if either of them was just put in an NBA team, given playing time, and allowed to do his thing - they would easily be top level NBA players.

You are talking about guys that are way better than Pekovic, Rubio, Ilyasova. They are "Euro scrubs" according to this forum. But if they were actually given a fair chance in the NBA, the same people would be calling them "beasts".

Truth be told - Rubio sucked in Euroleague. Lawson sucked in Euroleague. Jennings sucked in Euroleague.

Pekovic was very good in Euroleague, but not nearly as effective as he is in the NBA. He could play 10 years in Euroleague and NEVER do a 30/12 game.

Ilyasova was just a nice role player in Euroleague. He was like a smaller, less athletic version of Fotsis. And the same people that are here calling Ilyasova a "beast", would turn around and call Fotsis a "Euro scrub".

Now watch, after this post, there will appear some threads like "Anthony Parker the god of Euroleague", "Brian Scalabrine the Wilt of Europe", "Marcus Brown the Jordan of Euroleague", etc.

Just watch. They will appear. They will involve all the same people, and will NOT be deleted or locked. Now ask yourself why?
You keep your posts ready in a walls of text vault folder somewhere on your PC and just come to ISH and copy paste them?

TheBigVeto
03-13-2012, 09:32 PM

Racism is alive and well against foreigners my brother. Until we have a European commish, this will continue.

You see Kobe purposely injuring 2 talented foreigners in Yao and Rubio. No outrage. That's disgusting.

04mzwach
03-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Racism is alive and well against foreigners my brother. Until we have a European commish, this will continue.

You see Kobe purposely injuring 2 talented foreigners in Yao and Rubio. No outrage. That's disgusting.
:hammerhead: It wasn't blatant.

04mzwach
03-17-2012, 06:59 PM

This is all based off of a player who began to start over Darko Milicic. DARKO MILICIC! He's not American. Your arguement and whole point in your post turns to bullshit just based on that fact. The NBA doesn't hold a thing against Asian or European continents. I hope you had fun wasting all of that time typing that up. :yaohappy:

gyu
03-17-2012, 08:04 PM
In my opinion he is.

In no particular order:

Bynum
Marc Gasol
Al Jefferson
Dwight
Pek
I'd take Gortat and Monroe over Pekovic.

blablabla
03-17-2012, 08:23 PM
In my opinion he is.

In no particular order:

Bynum
Marc Gasol
Al Jefferson
Dwight
Pek
great job leaving out chandler,monroe,hibbert/all star),noah,gortrat,cousins
imo he ain't even in the top15

GOBB
03-17-2012, 08:26 PM
great job leaving out chandler,monroe,hibbert/all star),noah,gortrat,cousins
imo he ain't even in the top15

Not I break peoples balls for ranking the euro muscle high. But get the f*ck out of here. Not top 15? Shut up. You cant name 15 Centers over Pek.

Sidenote: Arguing top Centers is kind of lame. Such a weak crop.

Whoah10115
03-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Not I break peoples balls for ranking the euro muscle high. But get the f*ck out of here. Not top 15? Shut up. You cant name 15 Centers over Pek.

Dwight
Bynum
Gasol
Duncan
Gortat
Chandler
Noah
Horford
Jefferson (not sure if PF or C)
Lopez
Monroe (same)
Hibbert
Pekovic
Nene (same)
Kaman
Cousins

I'm not including Jordan or the dumb guy or Mozgov. Not even counting Hawes or the fact that Ibaka should be a center. No Asik while he's on the bench. No Camby. Those are all real quality players that are good enough to be starters, tho Camby might be passing out. And no Biyombo cuz I don't know if he's gonna be a center. Same for Varejao. Tho I guess you could say that about the 3 on the list and maybe even the former Florida boys.

Edit: Knowing he's been hurt and wanting to write his name further down the list, I even forgot Andrew Bogut.

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2012, 09:36 PM
I'd take Gortat and Monroe over Pekovic.
Pekovic has not played against Monroe.

But Nik consistently destroys Gortat like a 8 inch artillery round landing on a ant.

Do you not watch his games? this man has the Force.

Celtic_Pride
03-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Dwight
Bynum
Gasol
Noah
Pek

Top 5 IMO

GOBB
03-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Pekovic has not played against Monroe.

But Nik consistently destroys Gortat like a 8 inch artillery round landing on a ant.

Do you not watch his games? this man has the Force.

Couldnt think of anything better? :oldlol:

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Dwight

Bynum <-------------- Pekovic and I'm not sure but what. He's flat whipped Bynum's buttocks all season long, so why is he not better than Drew? Answer? He is.

Bynum
Gasol ------------- seriously? as a center?
Duncan
Gortat
Chandler
Noah
Horford
Jefferson (not sure if PF or C)
Lopez
Monroe (same)
Hibbert
Pekovic
Nene (same)
Kaman
Cousins
Varejao (same)

I'm not including Jordan or the dumb guy or Mozgov. Not even counting Hawes or the fact that Ibaka should be a center. No Camby. Those are all real quality players that are good enough to be starters, tho Camby might be passing out. And no Biyombo cuz I don't know if he's gonna be a center. Tho I guess you could say that about the 3 on the list and maybe even the former Florida boys.

dude this is all washed up. This is laughingstock material right here.

Have a nice day though.

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Couldnt think of anything better? :oldlol:

How about the way he pushes Bynum around in the paint like a high schooler?

How about the way he boxes out Bynum, Gasol AND Barnes?

How about the way he shuts down every center he's faced?

How about the way guys like Howard & Gortat go sit on the bench in foul trouble failing to stop him?

is that better?

RRR3
03-17-2012, 09:45 PM
@La Fresc,
Our boy Al Jefferson getting underrated again in this thread (in the top center lists posted in the last few pages)! :biggums: :coleman:

LA_Showtime
03-17-2012, 09:46 PM
@La Fresc,
Our boy Al Jefferson getting underrated again in this thread (in the top center lists posted in the last few pages)! :biggums: :coleman:

Al Jefferson is a chronic loser. He's this generations' Shareef Abdur-Rahim

04mzwach
03-17-2012, 09:46 PM
:biggums:

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2012, 09:47 PM
@La Fresc,

lolololololololololololololololololol you are once again exactly factual.

look at it.

disgusting.

RRR3
03-17-2012, 09:47 PM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2976/rudywhatever.png

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2012, 09:51 PM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2976/rudywhatever.png

they some trollish boys on ish

RRR3
03-17-2012, 09:51 PM
they some trollish boys on ish
http://i42.tinypic.com/9zvvhu.png

GOBB
03-17-2012, 09:52 PM
How about the way he pushes Bynum around in the paint like a high schooler?

How about the way he boxes out Bynum, Gasol AND Barnes?

How about the way he shuts down every center he's faced?

How about the way guys like Howard & Gortat go sit on the bench in foul trouble failing to stop him?

is that better?

8 inch artillery round dropping on an ant. :oldlol: Cmon

Living Being
03-17-2012, 09:58 PM
There are no C's in the NBA.

On a side note, didn't Pek play as the main character in 300?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/563/967/Pekovic_crop_340x234.jpg
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50493_366320045413_8040718_n.jpg

Whoah10115
03-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Bynum <-------------- Pekovic and I'm not sure but what. He's flat whipped Bynum's buttocks all season long, so why is he not better than Drew? Answer? He is.

dude this is all washed up. This is laughingstock material right here.

Have a nice day though.

It's not in order :confusedshrug:

And that's Marc Gasol.

FindingTim
03-17-2012, 10:02 PM
On a side note, didn't Pek play as the main character in 300?

yup, Nikola Butler- sometimes known as Gerard Pekovic ("boss" for short)

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2012, 10:10 PM
It's not in order :confusedshrug:

And that's Marc Gasol.

oh wait Marc Gasol that's a different story. We're all good on that fact

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2012, 10:11 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/9zvvhu.png

wow that's hot right thar

RRR3
03-17-2012, 10:13 PM
wow that's hot right thar
Ida Ljungqvist. Look her up, she's the best. :cheers:
http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/ida-ljungqvist-naked_423x258.jpg

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2012, 10:21 PM
http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/ida-ljungqvist-naked_423x258.jpg

dude that ain't right

RRR3
03-17-2012, 10:21 PM
dude that ain't right
What do you mean? :confusedshrug:

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2012, 10:40 PM
What do you mean? :confusedshrug:

I mean that is too hot for any mortal being to actually exist. that's gotta be like Circe or something....... drawing men in and turning them into swine or something WOW

GOBB
03-17-2012, 10:58 PM
I wouldnt take Pek over Bynum. Sorry.

RazorBaLade
03-17-2012, 11:19 PM
I mean that is too hot for any mortal being to actually exist. that's gotta be like Circe or something....... drawing men in and turning them into swine or something WOW

its called photoshop and makeup

chips93
03-17-2012, 11:21 PM
its called photoshop and makeup

if its that simple, why doesnt every woman look like that?

:confusedshrug:

SpecialQue
03-17-2012, 11:24 PM
http://www.bitterbalcony.com/files/zod1.jpg

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2012, 11:34 PM
I wouldnt take Pek over Bynum. Sorry.

Good.

Then I win the big man area and you will be standing by your Andrew Crynum whilst losing the game in the paint.

GOBB
03-17-2012, 11:41 PM
I dont even think Minny values Pek that much to say no to a Bynum for Pek deal. Heck I bet if they did inquire about Gasol, Pek was involved. Could be wrong since I didnt come across any rumors.

MK2V1GP
03-17-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm a Wolves fan, but Bynum>>>>Pek

DKLaker
03-18-2012, 12:05 AM

@ss hole, I saw that pic and completely forgot what I was going to say :oldlol:
Damn she's fking smokin hot!!!!

La Frescobaldi
03-18-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm a Wolves fan, but Bynum>>>>Pek

I hear you, and I respect your opinion. I truly don't think Bynum is better than Nik.

Bynum plays with Pau Gasol. He isn't playing on a team with a forward named Kevin Love who is honestly slamming boards like Bob Lanier or Moses Malone.

Whoah10115
03-18-2012, 12:22 AM
I hear you, and I respect your opinion. I truly don't think Bynum is better than Nik.

Bynum plays with Pau Gasol. He isn't playing on a team with a forward named Kevin Love who is honestly slamming boards like Bob Lanier or Moses Malone.

You can think he's better and you could be right. But you can't rank him above him some of those guys yet, because he's only just doing this now.

Picking him from here on out is different from ranking him right now. He hasn't made anything definitive yet.

Fiba basketball
03-18-2012, 06:26 AM
I would take Pekovic over Bynum . Do you remember what Bynum did to Barea last season , who wants player like that on their team ? Pekovic played better than Bynum when they played against each other .

KeyNote
03-18-2012, 06:44 AM
I would take Pekovic over Bynum . Do you remember what Bynum did to Barea last season , who wants player like that on their team ? Pekovic played better than Bynum when they played against each other .

Game 1:

Pekovic: 13 pts, 5-8 FGs, 3-3 FTs, 9 Rebs, 1 Blk
Bynum: 21 pts, 8-14 FGs, 5-7 FTs, 7 Rebs, 2 Ast, 1 Blk

Game 2:

Pekovic: 10 pts, 5-11 FGs, 7 Rebs, 1 Ast, 2 Stl
Bynum: 13 pts, 6-9 FGs, 1-3 FTs, 13 Rebs, 1 Ast, 1 Stl, 3 Blks

Game 3:

Pekovic: 25 Pts, 8-14 FGs, 9-10 FTs, 13 Rebs, 2 Ast, 1 Stl,
Bynum: 26 Pts, 11-15 FGs, 4-8 FTs, 10 Rebs, 3 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk

Game 4:

Pekovic: 20 Pts, 6-18 FGs, 8-12 FTs, 12 Rebs, 1 Stl, 1 Blk
Bynum: 15 Pts, 4-13 FGs, 7-8 FTs, 14 Rebs, 2 Ast, 1 Stl, 2 Blks

Call it what you want..but give me Bynum's size, skill, length, and athleticism over pekovic's any day

he's a good player but bynum is dominant..and you can't teach just how big he is

I.Malcolm
03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Game 4:

Call it what you want..but give me Bynum's size, skill, length, and athleticism over pekovic's any day

he's a good player but bynum is dominant..and you can't teach just how big he is

At WORST that's a 50/50 split.. Add in the fact that Pekovic is just now starting to really develop.

No question for me.

StroShow4
03-18-2012, 10:16 AM
I love Pekovic, and there are things he does better than Bynum, but at this point you have to take Bynum simply because of his height and size. If Pekovic had Bynum's wingspan then I'd feel differently.

Lebron23
03-18-2012, 10:18 AM
He's good.

GOBB
03-18-2012, 11:20 AM

Thats is silly talk. Do you remember when Beasley got clotheslined and Pek did nothing. He didnt stick up for his player at all. Just stood there and looked stupid. Who wants a player like that on their team?

See what I did that? :no:

Living Being
03-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Thats is silly talk. Do you remember when Beasley got clotheslined and Pek did nothing. He didnt stick up for his player at all. Just stood there and looked stupid. Who wants a player like that on their team?

See what I did that? :no:
I guess Pek didn't play Leonidas afterall.:facepalm

GOBB
03-18-2012, 12:13 PM
I guess Pek didn't play Leonidas afterall.:facepalm

:roll:

Celtic_Pride
03-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Game 4:

Post the number of offensive boards for each as well. Pek clearly will have the advantage. You simply cannot box him out

But yeah at this point Bynum is better because of his refined offensive game

caesarspoke
03-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Pek > Bynum:roll:

leopoldstotch
03-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Post the number of offensive boards for each as well. Pek clearly will have the advantage. You simply cannot box him out

But yeah at this point Bynum is better because of his refined offensive game

he's starting to solidify his game now.

Whoah10115
03-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Do people realize that outplaying one guy in your matchups does not make you better?

Perkins plays Howard better than Bynum. Is Perkins better than Bynum?

It's a useless premise. The Wolves play teams outside of the Lakers.

You can pick Pekovic from here on out, but you can't rank him solely on that. Howard, Bynum, Gasol, Duncan, and some others still have to be ahead of him until he completes the season. Going into next season it's different if you wanna do a projected ranking. He's certainly top 5 capable and he's a damn good player in a league of damn good centers. And a lot of them. There are 20 guys in the NBA that are straight up very good and can net all-star appearances. The 90's had the great ones but not necessarily this much depth. The 70's didn't have 25 guys (there weren't even 25 teams lol).

A much more interesting digression is this: Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Al Jeffferson, Bismack Biyombo, Nene, Greg Monroe, Anderson Varejao...what position is better for these guys? Should they be centers?

PHaYze
03-18-2012, 01:33 PM
pek is a different kinda dude... he's big...trust me he's big.... but he's also gentle.. and has soft hands... he can definitely finish around the hole..mmm... but he can also fill it up...oh boy can he... haha.. he's got a bright future.

Horatio33
03-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Looks like

With added Downs Syndrome.

brownmamba00
03-18-2012, 01:57 PM
pek is a different kinda dude... he's big...trust me he's big.... but he's also gentle.. and has soft hands... he can definitely finish around the hole..mmm... but he can also fill it up...oh boy can he... haha.. he's got a bright future.

StroShow4
03-18-2012, 02:00 PM

Why do I feel like this post has nothing to do with basketball?

FKAri
03-18-2012, 02:02 PM
With added Downs Syndrome.

wooooooow can't believe I didnt see that before. :roll: :roll:

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

blablabla
03-18-2012, 02:06 PM

dwight
bynum
horford
chandler
noah
gasol
hibbert
lopez
gortrat
cousins
jefferson
nene
monroe
bogut
varajoe
duncan

that's 16 and
i'm not including mcgee,deandre or camby who have an argument as well

abuC
03-18-2012, 02:20 PM
dwight
bynum
noah
gasol

that's 16 and
i'm not including mcgee,deandre or camby who have an argument as well

Those are the only guys you can really say are better than Pekovic, his numbers as a starter are -

16.2ppg, 9.3rpg 55% FG, and once he's eligible his 5.1 offensive rebounds per game will lead the league.

The fact you have Bogut being better than him means you can't be taken seriously, the guy has played 12 games this year....12. And in those 12 games he averaged 11 and 8 on 44% shooting.

Whoah10115
03-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Those are the only guys you can really say are better than Pekovic, his numbers as a starter are -

16.2ppg, 9.3rpg 55% FG, and once he's eligible his 5.1 offensive rebounds per game will lead the league.

The fact you have Bogut being better than him means you can't be taken seriously, the guy has played 12 games this year....12. And in those 12 games he averaged 11 and 8 on 44% shooting.

A little presumptuous to say his list was any order; especially when you consider his post was in response to someone else saying there aren't many good centers in the league.

Sakkreth
03-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Why do I feel like this post has nothing to do with basketball?
Because it doesn't...

abuC
03-18-2012, 03:43 PM
A little presumptuous to say his list was any order; especially when you consider his post was in response to someone else saying there aren't many good centers in the league.

The person I quoted said Pekovic isn't even a top 15 center in a previous post, at which point GOBB said he couldn't name 15 centers "over" him. That is his list of centers he thinks is better than Pekovic, the order is irrelevant since he feels all of those guys are better.

Whoah10115
03-18-2012, 07:05 PM
The person I quoted said Pekovic isn't even a top 15 center in a previous post, at which point GOBB said he couldn't name 15 centers "over" him. That is his list of centers he thinks is better than Pekovic, the order is irrelevant since he feels all of those guys are better.

In that case, my bad.

Fiba basketball
03-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Whats wrong with Pekovic ? Why didnt he play last game ?

La Frescobaldi
03-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Whats wrong with Pekovic ? Why didnt he play last game ?

his ankles are a non-stop wreck.

did he have this problem in europe too?

Fiba basketball
03-21-2012, 11:02 AM
his ankles are a non-stop wreck.

did he have this problem in europe too?
I know that he was playing injured during EC but he was fine during his time with Partizan . I think he is getting injured because he is playing more minutes than he should , combine that with playing with a lot of contact and you get an injure . In Europe he didnt even play 25 mpg and last season in NBA he didnt play much but he was healthy . I think Pekovic is a kind of player that will play no matter what so it could be possible that he never recoverd from his injure from before all star and his injure just got worse now .

Nick Young
03-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Nikola Scrubovic

How come if he's playing with the best PF in the game PLUS #2 pick defensive stud Darko PLUS Super Cool Beas his team is still so shit?

La Frescobaldi
03-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Nikola Scrubovic

How come if he's playing with the best PF in the game PLUS #2 pick defensive stud Darko PLUS Super Cool Beas his team is still so shit?

Darko? really? Beasley? really?

do you follow the wolves at all because darko got benched after 5 minutes against the Suns and hasn't played 1 second since. Adelman doesn't have anything good to say about him

beasley may well be the most inconsistent player in the NBA. loads of offensive talent and really not shabby on defense, but checks out all the time... just goes indifferent.

blablabla
03-23-2012, 10:00 AM

but we know how good bogut is when he's healthy
and u really think pekovic is better than big al brook lopez roy hibbert(all star)
duncan whose team is a 2nd seed in the west,chandler or horford(i know he's injured)

La Frescobaldi
03-23-2012, 10:16 AM
but we know how good bogut is when he's healthy
and u really think pekovic is better than big al brook lopez roy hibbert(all star)
duncan whose team is a 2nd seed in the west,chandler or horford(i know he's injured)

big al - maybe
brook lopez - yes
roy hibbert(all star) - maybe (Nik didn't start until the middle of February but there was quite a little talk about how he should have got an injury replacement for the All-Star game)
duncan - now? yes
chandler - yes
horford - injuries are what they are, Pekovic is also struggling with them.

This season Pekovic has outplayed everyone on that list. He also outplayed and sat both Dwight Howard & Gortat right down on the bench with foul trouble when he played them.

Stats ain't everything but Pek's line against Hibbert is a classic example:
NP: 15 & 6 in 23 minutes
RH: 6 & 5 in 29 minutes

Whoah10115
03-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Question. Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Al Jefferson.

Ideally, do you think they're centers or power forwards? Jefferson is not only short but, despite being a very good shot-blocker, has no defensive feel for the center position. Noah and Horford are hybrids and if the Bulls were smart they'd work out a way to trade Deng and a pick and maybe (if needed) sign&trade Asik for Horford, to re-pair the Florida boys together.

Just curious.

La Frescobaldi
11-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Question. Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Al Jefferson.

Ideally, do you think they're centers or power forwards? Jefferson is not only short but, despite being a very good shot-blocker, has no defensive feel for the center position. Noah and Horford are hybrids and if the Bulls were smart they'd work out a way to trade Deng and a pick and maybe (if needed) sign&trade Asik for Horford, to re-pair the Florida boys together.

Just curious.

They are all forwards. Pekovic consistently beats them up.

I've been seeing the world for months, been away from everything let alone hoops... hadn't followed anything... people dodging storms had some of my attention too, there at the end of my away-ness, if there's such a word.

Came back to find an entirely new Wolves!!!

Do you think the team was reading our posts last spring? Because this is like a dream come true.... last time I was on here we were howling about the weak roster surrounding Love, Rubio, and Pekovic. Beasley's lackadaisical attitude, Dorko's dorkiness on the court, Tolliver's lack of fit in the system.... etc. etc..... they're ALL GONE!!
Now it's AK47 & Dante Cunningham!!! WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:
They got freaking SHVED!!!????:eek: :eek: :bowdown:

I've watched several games from tape.... Pek's relatively low numbers this year are due to the vastly changed teammates and the style of the new Wolves... scoring threats abound unlike last year... now they can stretch the court and force defenses into agony of indecision... with the secret weapon of Amundson now on the bench...

I predict, O Crystal Ball!!

TONIGHT Rampaging Wolves will CRUSH the GRANGER-LESS Pacers!!

Pek needs to put up one of his patented 25 & 10 games, showing Hibbert to the door - better yet THROUGH the door - and taking the All Star spot that The Bulldozer should have had last year.

His Royal Montenegrin Highness, the Arch-Duke of Dunk, Sprinter of Hardwood Transition Smashes, Right Royal Defender of the Paint....
Nik-o-la... the DEEE-STROY-ER...

Whoah10115
11-09-2012, 05:39 PM
They are all forwards. Pekovic consistently beats them up.

I've been seeing the world for months, been away from everything let alone hoops... hadn't followed anything... people dodging storms had some of my attention too, there at the end of my away-ness, if there's such a word.

Came back to find an entirely new Wolves!!!

Do you think the team was reading our posts last spring? Because this is like a dream come true.... last time I was on here we were howling about the weak roster surrounding Love, Rubio, and Pekovic. Beasley's lackadaisical attitude, Dorko's dorkiness on the court, Tolliver's lack of fit in the system.... etc. etc..... they're ALL GONE!!
Now it's AK47 & Dante Cunningham!!! WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:
They got freaking SHVED!!!????:eek: :eek: :bowdown:

I've watched several games from tape.... Pek's relatively low numbers this year are due to the vastly changed teammates and the style of the new Wolves... scoring threats abound unlike last year... now they can stretch the court and force defenses into agony of indecision... with the secret weapon of Amundson now on the bench...

I predict, O Crystal Ball!!

TONIGHT Rampaging Wolves will CRUSH the GRANGER-LESS Pacers!!

Pek needs to put up one of his patented 25 & 10 games, showing Hibbert to the door - better yet THROUGH the door - and taking the All Star spot that The Bulldozer should have had last year.

His Royal Montenegrin Highness, the Arch-Duke of Dunk, Sprinter of Hardwood Transition Smashes, Right Royal Defender of the Paint....
Nik-o-la... the DEEE-STROY-ER...

You guys have looked great without your two best players and with Pekovic not even playing especially well...Kirilenko tho...wow, he looks incredible.

And I do think Roy will get much better.

La Frescobaldi
12-15-2012, 01:19 PM
You guys have looked great without your two best players and with Pekovic not even playing especially well...Kirilenko tho...wow, he looks incredible.

And I do think Roy will get much better.

What can you say bro?

Last night the big Montenegrin threw down 30 (granted he was playing against a toothpick) tonight Wolves have Rubio back!!

salalalala !!

Whoah10115
12-15-2012, 02:59 PM
What can you say bro?

Last night the big Montenegrin threw down 30 (granted he was playing against a toothpick) tonight Wolves have Rubio back!!

salalalala !!

He's gotta get those rebounds up...he'll be fine tho. All season his game has looked great but he's missed gimmes. He'll get it. I can't rank him higher than the top 10 because he simply hasn't been doing long enough, but he's got the game and as long as he's healthy and Wolves are healthy, we'll see it.

Partizan
12-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Pekovic started training basketball really late, 16, he had troubles with movement coordination etc, which is expected for a big guy getting into basketball late, everything he has he earned it with hard work, he is great post player but he doesn't have many post moves, he has couple of them but is extremely efficient with them...

I would love for him to stay with Timberwolves, they have great potential and they can play some great bball.

I think his rebounding numbers are a bit low, because in Europe he was tought that most important thing is that your team gets the rebound, he does a lot of important boxing out and leaving the rebounds for love and smaller guys, He doesn't give a lot of off rebounds to opposition thats for sure.
On the other side he is great offensive rebounder and I consider that much more important, as long as you aren't hurting your team with not boxing out etc.

La Frescobaldi
12-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Pekovic started training basketball really late, 16, he had troubles with movement coordination etc, which is expected for a big guy getting into basketball late, everything he has he earned it with hard work, he is great post player but he doesn't have many post moves, he has couple of them but is extremely efficient with them...

I would love for him to stay with Timberwolves, they have great potential and they can play some great bball.

I think his rebounding numbers are a bit low, because in Europe he was tought that most important thing is that your team gets the rebound, he does a lot of important boxing out and leaving the rebounds for love and smaller guys, He doesn't give a lot of off rebounds to opposition thats for sure.
On the other side he is great offensive rebounder and I consider that much more important, as long as you aren't hurting your team with not boxing out etc.

Many times this season and last I have watched him block out 3 guys at once. He has a way of getting position that just demolishes other teams in the paint. DeMarcus Cousins lives in fear, and those little Lopez guys are matchsticks. He shut down Varejao.
In my opinion, and I don't know what the locker room discussions are. But the T Wolves should match Pekovic with KG instead of Love. KG needs to just be shoved all over the court and made to go sit on the bench to cry. But they don't rely on it. They should be playing to his strength especially against guys like Garnett.

So it is size and power, sure, but there is more to it than that. His legs are always correct. His arms are always elevated and spread.
It's very strange too, because he LOOKS to be all out of position for a great rebound expert. This guy looks nothing like Barkley or Garnett on a rebounding rip. I suspect this may be, because he has no elevation (or very little, compared to these NBA guys...) and so coach Sikma is pouring the positioning knowledge into his ear. But in fact, it appears that he is boxing out instead of rebounding. Which is true team play.
You are exactly right.

If Kevin Love can get back to 100% this front court is going to tear it up because Andrey is another beast on the boards.

Whoah10115
12-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Many times this season and last I have watched him block out 3 guys at once. He has a way of getting position that just demolishes other teams in the paint. DeMarcus Cousins lives in fear, and those little Lopez guys are matchsticks. He shut down Varejao.
In my opinion, and I don't know what the locker room discussions are. But the T Wolves should match Pekovic with KG instead of Love. KG needs to just be shoved all over the court and made to go sit on the bench to cry. But they don't rely on it. They should be playing to his strength especially against guys like Garnett.

So it is size and power, sure, but there is more to it than that. His legs are always correct. His arms are always elevated and spread.
It's very strange too, because he LOOKS to be all out of position for a great rebound expert. This guy looks nothing like Barkley or Garnett on a rebounding rip. I suspect this may be, because he has no elevation (or very little, compared to these NBA guys...) and so coach Sikma is pouring the positioning knowledge into his ear. But in fact, it appears that he is boxing out instead of rebounding. Which is true team play.
You are exactly right.

If Kevin Love can get back to 100% this front court is going to tear it up because Andrey is another beast on the boards.

KG is playing C now so I expect that Pekovic will match up with him.

FireDavidKahn
12-15-2012, 06:57 PM
The thing about Pekovic is that he needs a good passing PG in order for him to be great. Without a good passing PG I'd simply rate Pekovic as a pretty good player. Pekovic is about as elite as you can get when it comes to the pick and roll game and that was observed last year as he was rated the second best player in the entire league in those situations according to synergy stats.

Fiba basketball
12-15-2012, 07:51 PM
The thing about Pekovic is that he needs a good passing PG in order for him to be great. Without a good passing PG I'd simply rate Pekovic as a pretty good player. Pekovic is about as elite as you can get when it comes to the pick and roll game and that was observed last year as he was rated the second best player in the entire league in those situations according to synergy stats.
No he doesn't , he only needs someone to get him the ball in the low post .

Partizan
12-15-2012, 07:57 PM

The most important thing is that the playmaker knows when to give him the ball, if he gets the ball down low he knows how to create from himself from there, he isn't just scoring off pick and rolls... But I get your point he is great in pick and roll situations.

About his rebounds, I'm sure that if he was interested just in geting them to improve his numbers he would have no problems to get atleast 10 per game, just by using his size.

This guy looks nothing like Barkley or Garnett on a rebounding rip. I suspect this may be, because he has no elevation (or very little, compared to these NBA guys...) and so coach Sikma is pouring the positioning knowledge into his ear. But in fact, it appears that he is boxing out instead of rebounding. Which is true team play.

He learned it from Dusko Vujosevic in Partizan that is for sure. :) He insists on boxing out and securing the rebound for the team. He also made him realize how important is offensive rebounding.

Partizan
12-15-2012, 08:25 PM
I just love how Pekovic decided "he is not worth it"
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2174/pekovic.gif

La Frescobaldi
12-15-2012, 08:39 PM
The most important thing is that the playmaker knows when to give him the ball, if he gets the ball down low he knows how to create from himself from there, he isn't just scoring off pick and rolls... But I get your point he is great in pick and roll situations.

About his rebounds, I'm sure that if he was interested just in geting them to improve his numbers he would have no problems to get atleast 10 per game, just by using his size.

He learned it from Dusko Vujosevic in Partizan that is for sure. :) He insists on boxing out and securing the rebound for the team. He also made him realize how important is offensive rebounding.

Pek will have to have his game tonight. Mavs are not at their best but they always bring it in the paint.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 12:17 AM
According to gabepizza, this guy was never good enough to play in the NBA and would never be anything more than a 3rd string scrub. Oh, and anyone who disagreed with that was a, "delusional nut case".

gabepizza
12-16-2012, 12:44 AM
According to gabepizza, this guy was never good enough to play in the NBA and would never be anything more than a 3rd string scrub. Oh, and anyone who disagreed with that was a, "delusional nut case".

Lie. I said that about Bourousis, not Pekovic. Stop spreading lies.

TaLvsCuaL
12-16-2012, 12:50 AM
According to Euroleague, Rubio was and is a scrub. Are you a delusional nut case too?

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 01:04 AM
According to Euroleague, Rubio was and is a scrub. Are you a delusional nut case too?

I never said Rubio was a scrub in the NBA. Stop lying you piece of shit.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Lie. I said that about Bourousis, not Pekovic. Stop spreading lies.

You spent 2 years here saying Pekovic could not play in the NBA, and that he would never be more than a third string center in the NBA.

You said it over and over and over and over and over and over and over

And Bourousis is better than Pekovic. And Bourousis is way better than Tyson Chandler.

Partizan
12-16-2012, 06:18 AM
And Bourousis is better than Pekovic. And Bourousis is way better than Tyson Chandler.
Oh come on...

Please, elaborate, why is Iannis better then Pekovic. And I really want your serious answer, I'm extremely interested to hear your reasoning.

I agree that Pekovic and Bourousis are better than Tyson, on offensive end. He is a great defensive center.

Sharmer
12-16-2012, 06:34 AM
Nikola Pekovic has developed his game since playing in the NBA; clearly his playing NBA power style rather then the typical away from the basket , jump shooting European big.

Also European teams don't have the same level of strength and conditioning as the NBA.

Purch
12-16-2012, 08:18 AM
It's amazing how Euroleauge dosen't even acknowle the possiblity that players can actually improve after coming to the Nba and playing under different coaches.

Fiba basketball
12-16-2012, 09:32 AM
It's amazing how Euroleauge dosen't even acknowle the possiblity that players can actually improve after coming to the Nba and playing under different coaches.
So when he came to NBA he was a scrub but after one year he became great ? It's normal that players improve every year but you can't improve that much in a year if you could there would be a lot more great players . Before he started playing good last season I said he only needs to get a chance to show what he can do and when Milicic got hurt he got it but if you theory was correct he would have played good even befor Milicic got hurt .

Purch
12-16-2012, 09:38 AM
So when he came to NBA he was a scrub but after one year he became great ? It's normal that players improve every year but you can't improve that much in a year if you could there would be a lot more great players . Before he started playing good last season I said he only needs to get a chance to show what he can do and when Milicic got hurt he got it but if you theory was correct he would have played good even befor Milicic got hurt .

Have you ever heard why players like playing under Adelman so much? It's cause he teaches his players to utalized their strengths for maaximum productivity

I mean of course you can't improve that much, which is why the Most Improve Player award is Bs right :confusedshrug:

Partizan
12-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Pekovic improved, that's natural, he is a hardworking player, he lost some body fat, but he is still basically the same player he was in Europe. He adjusted to the NBA well after his first season, and of course being coached by Adelman helps, if he was to come back to Europe again, I think the main difference would be that he would be able to play 30 minutes per game with high intensity, which is something he struggled with the last time.

gabepizza
12-16-2012, 09:54 AM
You spent 2 years here saying Pekovic could not play in the NBA, and that he would never be more than a third string center in the NBA.

You said it over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Is that why Bourousis got dominated by Ike Diogu? Is that why Bourousis couldn't even advance his team out of the Euroleague regular season? Is that why Bourousis has been in Euroleague 11 years and the only award he was ever was selected to was one All-Euroleague 1st team selection. While Pekovic was in Euroleague for 6 years (almost half the amount as Bourousisi) and was selected to one all-Euroleague 1st team AND one all-Euroleague 2nd team. And Pekovic still is not going to make any All-NBA team or even be an all-star. Chandler was selected as the NBA DPOY. Bourousis has never even been selected as Euroleague DPOY.

Some other big men who have been in Euroleague for a shorter time than Bourousis but have been acknowledged as better players with more all-Euroleage team selections- Tiago Splitter, Mirdsad Turkcan, Luis Scola, Jorge Garbaijosa, Erazem Lorbek and Michael Batiste. If Bourousis is not even as good as any of those players he will never be a starter in the NBA.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Pekovic improved, that's natural, he is a hardworking player, he lost some body fat, but he is still basically the same player he was in Europe. He adjusted to the NBA well after his first season, and of course being coached by Adelman helps, if he was to come back to Europe again, I think the main difference would be that he would be able to play 30 minutes per game with high intensity, which is something he struggled with the last time.

The main reason why Pekovic was limited in his minutes with PAO was because Mike Batise was a better player than him. It's really that simple. He would have played more minutes if he was not playing on the same team with a better center than him.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 01:39 PM

It's amazing how much of a moron you are, without even realizing it.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Oh come on...

Please, elaborate, why is Iannis better then Pekovic. And I really want your serious answer, I'm extremely interested to hear your reasoning.

I agree that Pekovic and Bourousis are better than Tyson, on offensive end. He is a great defensive center.

Bourousis is better than Pekovic due to the fact that he's more skilled. He has a complete arsenal on offense. High post, face up, low post, both blocks, both hands, all the post moves, can handle the ball, mid range jumpers, 3 point range, decent foul shooter, very good passer..........

He's equally as good in low post or pick and roll, although certainly he's not as "dominant" physically, and I'm not saying otherwise, as Pekovic is in rare company in that way.

But Bourousis would simply make an effective low post move and score with the same efficiency, or actually maybe even with better efficiency. It boggles my mind how Euroleague fans can even argue with Bourousis' level.

Do you guys never watch any of his games or what? Tell me what he can't do, or how he isn't a great center? He can't guard on the perimeter, and he can't guard pick and roll, but no true big man can. Shaq was absolutely horrible at those things, but people never lowered his standing over it.

Bourousis is an extremely highly skilled and mobile big man, and he has a huge body to throw his weight around. He just completely destroyed Kevin Garnett on both ends of the floor this October.

I mean totally destroyed him.

With that being said, I think Pekovic has a better attitude than Bourousis does. But remember, we are talking two guys that went at it for years in Greek League. Pao versus Oly. I've seen every single game these two played against each other. I never once thought that Pekovic got the better of Bourousis. And believe me, Pekovic is one of my favorite players. But the fact is, Bourousis is a true 7 footer with an incredible skill level, the likes of which has very rarely ever been seen among true centers.

If Bourousis ever comes to the NBA, they will be worshiping and marveling at his greatness. Because he has the elite skill set in a big man that has become archaic history in the NBA. Guys like Pekovic and Mozgov for example are just physical beasts, or Howard for an American example. But their skill level is very limited. Bourousis is substantially more skilled than Marc Gasol.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Nikola Pekovic has developed his game since playing in the NBA; clearly his playing NBA power style rather then the typical away from the basket , jump shooting European big.

Also European teams don't have the same level of strength and conditioning as the NBA.

Lay off the drugs. Pekovic played strictly pick and roll and low post in Europe. And he is about 35 pounds lighter than he was in Euroleague. He's not lifting even one third probably as much as he did with PAO. As for the conditioning, he was a smoker. He simply quit smoking, and that is why his stamina is up. Nothing at all to do with NBA conditioning.

Especially when NBA teams practice 3-5 times a month, and Euroleague teams practice about 10-12 times a week. You have "better conditioning" confused with PED use.

You are delusional.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 01:59 PM

Welcome to the world of the NBA only fan nutcases. gabepizza spent a whole year here bashing and making fun of this "Euro scrub" and now he claims how great he is, and now it's Bourousis that is the "Euro scrub".

I have been telling you how crazy, racist, and stupid these assholes in this forum are - maybe you are finally starting to see it is true.

They truly believe Pekovic was a "trash scrub that was not good enough for NBA" in Europe, a "weak bench scrub that is just a third string center at best" his first year in the NBA, and then suddenly magic happened........

through the magical world of "elite NBA training and coaching methods, this huge Euro scrub stiff, was transformed into a good NBA player, after playing with good teammates instead of Euro scrubs (referring to PAO players), REAL coaches and not Euro scrub coaches (referring to Obradovic), and REAL training methods, not Euro scrub ones (referring to Obradovic's training methods).........and the best one of all.....

after finally playing with REAL NBA level passing point guards, that can actually post pass and run pick and roll properly (claiming that only Rubio can do that for example, but that Spanoulis, Jasikevicius, and Diamantidis cannot).......

No matter what, these NBA only fans are truly certifiably insane.

I am glad you are finally starting to see through their epic level of bullshit.

FireMcFailPlease
12-16-2012, 02:02 PM
yea. you said rubio would be a scrub.

Partizan
12-16-2012, 02:19 PM
The main reason why Pekovic was limited in his minuted with PAO was because Mike Batise was a better player than him. It's really that simple. He would have played more minutes if he was not playing on the same team with a better center than him.

Yes, playing behind Batiste was one of the reasons for his limited minutes in game, but he also had problems with fatigue. Even when he came back from NBA during lockout, he used to ask for coach for a sub to take a break. It's now just about stamina, he is playing with extreme intensity, and he always takes a lot of beating from opposition players its not easy to play in those conditions.

Bourousis is better than Pekovic due to the fact that he's more skilled. He has a complete arsenal on offense. High post, face up, low post, both blocks, both hands, all the post moves, can handle the ball, mid range jumpers, 3 point range, decent foul shooter, very good passer..........

He's equally as good in low post or pick and roll, although certainly he's not as "dominant" physically, and I'm, not saying otherwise, as Pekovic is in rare company in that way.

But Bourousis would simply make an effective low post move and score with the same efficiency, or actually maybe even with better efficiency. It boggle my mind how Euroleague fans can even argue with Bourousis' level.

Do you guys never watch any of his games or what? Tell me what he can't do, or how he isn't a great center? He can't guard on the perimeter, and he can't guard pick and roll, but no true big man can. Shaq was absolutely horrible at those things, but people never lowered his standing over it.

Bourousis is an extremely highly skilled and mobile big man, and he has a huge body to throw his weight around. He just complete destroyed Kevin Garnett on both ends of the floor this October.

With that being said, I think Pekovic has a better attitude than Bourousis does. But remember, we are talking two guys that went at it for years in Greek League. Pao versus Oly. I've seen every single game these two played against each other. I never once thought that Pekovic got the better of Bourousis. And believe me, Pekovic is one of my favorite players. But the fact is, Bourousis is a true 7 footer with an incredible skill level, the likes of which has very rarely ever been seen among true centers.

If Bourousis ever comes to the NBA, they will be worshiping and marveling at his greatness. Because he has the elite skill set in a big man that has become archaic history in the NBA. Guys like Pekovic and Mozgov for example are just physical beasts, or Howard for an American example. But their skill level is very limited. Bourousis is substantially more skilled than Marc Gasol.

Bourousis is like you said a complete player, he is kinda like LeBron because he is capable of doing almost everything on court while being that big (obviously he isn't as athlethic as LeBron, or a point forward, he is a true center that can do almost everything (hit a three, handle the ball, create for himself etc)).

But IMO Pekovic is a better player than him. Simply because Pekovic is that much dominant that he forces opponent to adjust their whole defense to contain him, and with his pressence he creates space for his team to operate. Bourousis with all his skills can't do that, he is a great player, not so much of a great person, but he isn't nearly as dominant in game as Nikola.

And also I dont think Bourousis would succeed in NBA, his game is lot more skill oriented and better suited for euroball...

gabepizza
12-16-2012, 02:45 PM

He's equally as good in low post or pick and roll, although certainly he's not as "dominant" physically, and I'm, not saying otherwise, as Pekovic is in rare company in that way.

But Bourousis would simply make an effective low post move and score with the same efficiency, or actually maybe even with better efficiency. It boggle my mind how Euroleague fans can even argue with Bourousis' level.

Bourousis is an extremely highly skilled and mobile big man, and he has a huge body to throw his weight around. He just complete destroyed Kevin Garnett on both ends of the floor this October.

Again lie upon lie upon lie upon lie upon lie upon lie upon lie.

Here is that stats of the game where Bourousis "destroyed" Garnett on both ends of the floor. Garnett played 12 minutes, took 3 shots and his team won by 30 points. I think the person on the team that loses by 30 points is the one getting destroyed. I mean Bourousis couldn't advance his team to the Euroleague top 16.

I think it is better to judge Bourousis against someone more on his level, like Ike Diogu. Here in a close game (not a 30 point blowout) in a elimination game that means a lot more than an exhibition game, Diogu and Bourousis played similiar minutes. Check out the box score:

http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/olym/p/gid/A/grid/13/rid/9051/sid/6229/game.html

As you can see Bourousis got totally dominated on the boards by Diogu. Bourousis would be lucky to start on a D-league team. Every team he is on loses embarrassingly.

StroShow4
12-16-2012, 03:15 PM
I just love how Pekovic decided "he is not worth it"
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2174/pekovic.gif

Oh my god. The swag on display here... :eek: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Partizan
12-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Oh my god. The swag on display here... :eek: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I can't think of a better reaction to something like this :D

BlueandGold
12-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Picked him up on my competitive rotessiere fantasy league, this and a couple of other waiver moves have me essentially tied at 1st (3 way tie) and remaining competitive in a very tough league.

Btw the confidence and swagger on this guy... looks like he definitely isn't scared to mix it up in the paint.

Whoah10115
12-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Picked him up on my competitive rotessiere fantasy league, this and a couple of other waiver moves have me essentially tied at 1st (3 way tie) and remaining competitive in a very tough league.

Btw the confidence and swagger on this guy... looks like he definitely isn't scared to mix it up in the paint.

Scared? Have you seen his collarbone? How could he be scared?

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Have you ever heard why players like playing under Adelman so much? It's cause he teaches his players to utalized their strengths for maaximum productivity

I mean of course you can't improve that much, which is why the Most Improve Player award is Bs right :confusedshrug:

Have you ever heard of Pekovivc's coach in Europe, Zeljko Obradovic? No, because you are a ****ing idiot.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Is that why Bourousis got dominated by Ike Diogu? Is that why Bourousis couldn't even advance his team out of the Euroleague regular season? Is that why Bourousis has been in Euroleague 11 years and the only award he was ever was selected to was one All-Euroleague 1st team selection. While Pekovic was in Euroleague for 6 years (almost half the amount as Bourousisi) and was selected to one all-Euroleague 1st team AND one all-Euroleague 2nd team. And Pekovic still is not going to make any All-NBA team or even be an all-star. Chandler was selected as the NBA DPOY. Bourousis has never even been selected as Euroleague DPOY.

Some other big men who have been in Euroleague for a shorter time than Bourousis but have been acknowledged as better players with more all-Euroleage team selections- Tiago Splitter, Mirdsad Turkcan, Luis Scola, Jorge Garbaijosa, Erazem Lorbek and Michael Batiste. If Bourousis is not even as good as any of those players he will never be a starter in the NBA.

You are the biggest moron ever in this forum.

Again, you said 100 times Pekovic could never play in the NBA and was a "Euro scrub". You are a RACIST PIECE OF SHIT that hates all white players.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 03:50 PM
yea. you said rubio would be a scrub.

No you moron. I said dozens of times he could only be good in the NBA. Here come the Rubio only fans to the rescue, right on cue.

La Frescobaldi
12-16-2012, 03:56 PM

I hear you about coaching. Don't know if it was in Europe, or Adelman, or Sikma. But Pekovic has dominated many weaknesses in these 2 NBA seasons:

* foul trouble - gone
* sometimes clumsy footwork - gone
* defensive rotations - somewhat gone, or drastically improved
* bone spurs - seem to be gone
* tendency to get stripped - gone

And he has shown great ability to do everything correctly.

he finished strong last night but I was P'd off about the Mavericks: they sat Chris Kaman most of the game. How is Pekovic going to beat their best if they sit their best on the freaking bench.

In my opinion, to get to the next level - which he easily has the ability and the desire - he's got to play against outside shooters and figure out how to make his rotations when he's outside the key.

Face it down and dominate it.

gabepizza
12-16-2012, 04:02 PM
You are the biggest moron ever in this forum.

Again, you said 100 times Pekovic could never play in the NBA and was a "Euro scrub". You are a RACIST PIECE OF SHIT that hates all white players.

Then why do I like David Lee, the Gasol brothers, Kevin Love, Nowitzki? First off it's not even about like or dislike. I believe that players like David Lee, the Gasol brothers, Kevin Love and Dirk Nowitzki are some of the best players on the planet. Just because I tell the truth that Spanoulis is a mediocre player at best and Bourousis is a total scrub does not make me a "racist" it makes me someone stating fact.

I mean honestly I have heard of black people using the race card and calling other people racist but I have never in my life seen a white person use the race card so much and call others reverse racist! Especially other whites (which I am). Really the new racism is people complaining about reverse racism so therefore the only racist here is you. It is you who seem so obsessed with the color of people's skin when I have not mentioned it once!!

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Yes, playing behind Batiste was one of the reasons for his limited minutes in game, but he also had problems with fatigue. Even when he came back from NBA during lockout, he used to ask for coach for a sub to take a break. It's now just about stamina, he is playing with extreme intensity, and he always takes a lot of beating from opposition players its not easy to play in those conditions.

Bourousis is like you said a complete player, he is kinda like LeBron because he is capable of doing almost everything on court while being that big (obviously he isn't as athlethic as LeBron, or a point forward, he is a true center that can do almost everything (hit a three, handle the ball, create for himself etc)).

But IMO Pekovic is a better player than him. Simply because Pekovic is that much dominant that he forces opponent to adjust their whole defense to contain him, and with his pressence he creates space for his team to operate. Bourousis with all his skills can't do that, he is a great player, not so much of a great person, but he isn't nearly as dominant in game as Nikola.

And also I dont think Bourousis would succeed in NBA, his game is lot more skill oriented and better suited for euroball...

Bourousis is more suited to the NBA for the simple reason that no one makes a big deal out of him in Europe. He's just the next 7 footer with great skills in Europe.

In the NBA, he would be hailed as the new Sabonis, because they have had maybe one center with good skills (Yao) in the last 10 years or so.

It's the same with Rubio.....no one thinks Rubio is anything special at all in Europe, despite what these nut NBA only fans say, but in the NBA, he's like the Catalonian Christ...........why?

Because they actually forgot how to pass in the NBA about 15 years ago.

Players like Bourousis and Rubio were extinct from the NBA a long time ago.

No one in the USA even realizes that a true 7 footer with a complete offensive skill set even exists on the planet anymore. ESPN has even written articles claiming they are extinct and another one would never even come along.

I don't think some of you Euroleague oriented fans have a real grasp of how low the level of the average NBA player is these days.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Again lie upon lie upon lie upon lie upon lie upon lie upon lie.

Here is that stats of the game where Bourousis "destroyed" Garnett on both ends of the floor. Garnett played 12 minutes, took 3 shots and his team won by 30 points. I think the person on the team that loses by 30 points is the one getting destroyed. I mean Bourousis couldn't advance his team to the Euroleague top 16.

I think it is better to judge Bourousis against someone more on his level, like Ike Diogu. Here in a close game (not a 30 point blowout) in a elimination game that means a lot more than an exhibition game, Diogu and Bourousis played similiar minutes. Check out the box score:

http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/olym/p/gid/A/grid/13/rid/9051/sid/6229/game.html

As you can see Bourousis got totally dominated on the boards by Diogu. Bourousis would be lucky to start on a D-league team. Every team he is on loses embarrassingly.

Go suck Satan's ****.

gabepizza
12-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Bourousis is more suited to the NBA for the simple reason that no one makes a a big deal out of him in Europe. He's just the next 7 footer with great skills in Europe.

In the NBA, he would be hailed as the new Sabonis, because they have had maybe one center with good skills (Yao) in the last 10 years or so.

It's the same with Rubio.....no one thinks Rubio is anything special at all in Europe, despite what these nut NBA only fans say, but in the NBA, he's like the Catalonian Christ...........why?

Because they actually forgot how to pass in the NBA about 15 years ago.

Players like Bourousis and Rubio were extinct from the NBA a long time ago.

No one in the USA even realizes that a true 7 footer with a complete offensive skill set even exists on the planet anymore. ESPN has even written articles claiming they are extinct and another one would never even come along.

I don't think some of you Euroleague oriented fans have a real grasp of how low the level of the average NBA player is these days.

ROTFLMAO That's why Bourousis could not even advance out of the Euroleague regular season. That's why an NBA scrub like Krstic was selected all Euroleague 1st team center over Bourousis who couldn't even make the 2nd team. Yes no one makes a big deal over Bourousis in Europe because they have players like Krstic to fawn over and give awards too. No one makes a big deal about Bourousis in Europe because he is not even a top player in that 2nd tier league. Krstic was a scrub in the NBA and he is a lot better than Bourousis in Euroleague. If Bourousis was in the NBA he would not even get off the bench and the funny thing is you know that, you are just trolling.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Then why do I like David Lee, the Gasol brothers, Kevin Love, Nowitzki? First off it's not even about like or dislike. I believe that players like David Lee, the Gasol brothers, Kevin Love and Dirk Nowitzki are some of the best players on the planet. Just because I tell the truth that Spanoulis is a mediocre player at best and Bourousis is a total scrub does not make me a "racist" it makes me someone stating fact.

I mean honestly I have heard of black people using the race card and calling other people racist but I have never in my life seen a white person use the race card so much and call others reverse racist! Especially other whites (which I am). Really the new racism is people complaining about reverse racism so therefore the only racist here is you. It is you who seem so obsessed with the color of people's skin when I have not mentioned it once!!

You are a racist son of a bitch. **** off. Calling Bourousis lucky to start on a D-League team...............saying Ike freaking Diogu is better than Bourousis.....

If any one of these NBA only fans had the first freaking clue who Bourousis is, you would be banned from here.

StroShow4
12-16-2012, 04:14 PM
You are a racist son of a bitch. **** off. Calling Bourousis lucky to start on a D-League team...............saying Ike freaking Diogu is better than Bourousis.....

If anyone of these NBA only fans had the first freaking clue who Bourousis is, you would be banned from here.

Nothing gets anybody banned from here. You are proof of that.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 04:15 PM
ROTFLMAO That's why Bourousis could not even advance out of the Euroleague regular season. That's why an NBA scrub like Krstic was selected all Euroleague 1st team center over Bourousis who couldn't even make the 2nd team. Yes no one makes a big deal over Bourousis in Europe because they have players like Krstic to fawn over and give awards too. No one makes a big deal about Bourousis in Europe because he is not even a top player in that 2nd tier league. Krstic was a scrub in the NBA and he is a lot better than Bourousis in Euroleague. If Bourousis was in the NBA he would not even get off the bench and the funny thing is you know that, you are just trolling.

You are a sick and creepy individual.

gabepizza
12-16-2012, 04:15 PM

If anyone of these NBA only fans had the first freaking clue who Bourousis is, you would be banned from here.

No one has a freaking clue who Bourousis is because he some scrub in a 2nd tier league that cannot even advance his team out of the Euroleague regular season. I mean even Bobby Brown can advance his team out of the Euroleague regular season. Maybe Bourousis should play in China, then he can actually win some games. On the other hand he would probably be too terrified to be matched up against Diogu again!!!

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Nothing gets anybody banned from here. You are proof of that.

I complained about racist posts and I was banned, and threatened with extreme force. So you are wrong.

StroShow4
12-16-2012, 04:18 PM
I complained about racist posts and I was banned, and threatened with extreme force. So you are wrong.

You're here now.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 04:18 PM
No one has a freaking clue who Bourousis is because he some scrub in a 2nd tier league that cannot even advance his team out of the Euroleague regular season. I mean even Bobby Brown can advance his team out of the Euroleague regular season. Maybe Bourousis should play in China, then he can actually win some games. On the other hand he would probably be too terrified to be matched up against Diogu again!!!

You really are a sick and disturbed creep.

Anyone interested can Google KWSN-Men, Arkadios, etc. to see how sick this guy is. He is one of the sickest creeps out there.

Also, he's an Albanian Turk that pretends to be "Italian" or "Greek" or "American", depending on how it suits his trolling.............

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 04:20 PM
You're here now.

Only after I complained to Jeff about being banned by a mod for simply reporting some racism.

StroShow4
12-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Only after I complained to Jeff about being banned by a mod for simply reporting some racism.

Mods can't ban people.

kmartshopper
12-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Mods can't ban people.

Lol caught in a lie

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Mods can't ban people.

Yes they can. Realmenweargreen bans people.

He has banned me several times.

StroShow4
12-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Yes they can. Realmenweargreen bans people.

He has banned me several times.

No he doesn't. I'm a mod. None of us can ban people.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 04:28 PM
No he doesn't. I'm a mod. None of us can ban people.

Yes he can. He has banned me numerous times. I don't care about what lies you make up about it.

StroShow4
12-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Apparently I don't understand my own permissions. :oldlol:

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 04:30 PM
I hear you about coaching. Don't know if it was in Europe, or Adelman, or Sikma. But Pekovic has dominated many weaknesses in these 2 NBA seasons:

* foul trouble - gone

And he has shown great ability to do everything correctly.

he finished strong last night but I was P'd off about the Mavericks: they sat Chris Kaman most of the game. How is Pekovic going to beat their best if they sit their best on the freaking bench.

In my opinion, to get to the next level - which he easily has the ability and the desire - he's got to play against outside shooters and figure out how to make his rotations when he's outside the key.

Face it down and dominate it.

Pekovic's coach in Europe was a guy named Zeljko Obradovic. I suggest you do some research.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Apparently I don't understand my own permissions. :oldlol:

Realmenweargreen

Like I said, HE can ban people. The fact that you may be lied to about that, does not change that it is true.

StroShow4
12-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Realmenweargreen

Like I said, HE can ban people. The fact that you may be lied to about that, does not change that it is true.

I have the same permissions as he does you dolt. :oldlol:

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I have the same permissions as he does you dolt. :oldlol:

So are you saying that Jeff is the one that banned me and threatened me, and sent an extremely violent sounding message to me, simply for reporting a couple of posts made by people here that were making really blatant and out of line racist comments................?

You are going to claim here that Jeff is the one that did that? You really want to go there?

kmartshopper
12-16-2012, 04:33 PM
:oldlol:

StroShow4
12-16-2012, 04:35 PM
So are you saying that Jeff is the one that banned me and threatened me, and sent an extremely violent sounding message to me, simply for reporting a couple of posts made by people here that were making really blatant and out of line racist comments................?

You are going to claim here that Jeff is the one that did that? You really want to go there?

I'm telling you RealMenWearGreen didn't ban you. Mods can't ban people. That's what I'm telling you.

I'm also going to tell you to shut the **** up. I'm going to delete any further posts in this thread that aren't about Nikola Pekovic's NBA career.

Partizan
12-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Pekovic's coach in Europe was a guy named Zeljko Obradovic. I suggest you do some research.

Vujosevic made Pekovic player that he is today, not obradovic, obradovic just polished him, if you saw pekovic's first training in Partizan you would understand ,he had troubles with walking :D

La Frescobaldi
12-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Vujosevic made Pekovic player that he is today, not obradovic, obradovic just polished him, if you saw pekovic's first training in Partizan you would understand ,he had troubles with walking :D

now then let's be clear (and many thanks to Stroshow for getting rid of the... clutter).

I originally said....

"I hear you about coaching. Don't know if it was in Europe, or Adelman, or Sikma. But Pekovic has dominated many weaknesses in these 2 NBA seasons:

* foul trouble - gone

And he has shown great ability to do everything correctly."

Now injuries are what they are. But as far as skills, he came to the NBA with those weaknesses. He no longer has them (or I should say, they are greatly reduced).
His earlier coaches did not send him to the NBA with the game he has now.

Some part of that is learning the game, some of it is adjusting to the NBA, and some is innate ability. Maybe even all of it. But it looks obvious that he's getting coaching, it's obvious that it is working. And I think whoever it is should be recognized.

I had sort of assumed it was Jack Sikma, Adelman's assistant coach. But maybe not. If he's getting it in the off-season in Europe, from one of these guys with the very beautiful but jaw-cracking names, why then who is it?

Vujosevic? Obradovic? Someone else?

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 05:30 PM

Vujosevic is great at teaching big men how to play in low post, but not really how to play pick and roll.

Pekovic's ability to get so many points is more a result of his learning the pick and roll so well under Obradovic.

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 05:33 PM
now then let's be clear (and many thanks to Stroshow for getting rid of the... clutter).

I originally said....

"I hear you about coaching. Don't know if it was in Europe, or Adelman, or Sikma. But Pekovic has dominated many weaknesses in these 2 NBA seasons:

* foul trouble - gone

And he has shown great ability to do everything correctly."

Now injuries are what they are. But as far as skills, he came to the NBA with those weaknesses. He no longer has them (or I should say, they are greatly reduced).
His earlier coaches did not send him to the NBA with the game he has now.

Some part of that is learning the game, some of it is adjusting to the NBA, and some is innate ability. Maybe even all of it. But it looks obvious that he's getting coaching, it's obvious that it is working. And I think whoever it is should be recognized.

I had sort of assumed it was Jack Sikma, Adelman's assistant coach. But maybe not. If he's getting it in the off-season in Europe, from one of these guys with the very beautiful but jaw-cracking names, why then who is it?

Vujosevic? Obradovic? Someone else?

Like I said, do some actual research. Vujosevic is a specialist coach for big men. Teaching them and developing them. That was his coach in Partizan.

Obradovic is a coach that demands precision and perfection in executing offense and pick and roll. That was his coach with Panathinaikos. Jack Sikma obviously was a great center, and Adelman is definitely a great coach.......

but they have nothing at all they could teach him that he did not know long before he got to the NBA. Greg Popovich is basically a student of Obradovic.

Partizan
12-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Well, this is interesting subject I will try to answer the best I can:

- Foul trouble

There are a lot of factors in this, obviously he needed time to adjust to NBA referees criteria, but honestly I think his biggest problem in his first season was the lack of respect from the referees, he was used to star treatment in Euroleague, and probably had troubles to grasp that he needs to earn that respect again, to be precise I'm not denying that he made stupid fouls but he was getting some bs calls which probably upset him

Clumsy footwork -
Well, he isn't natural with his footwork, its all work, in Europe he got used to using only couple of moves which he trained to perfection, I think he needed time to get comfortable with the moves, againts different ( I would say better but I don't want to start a debate :D) defenders in the NBA

Defensive rotations
Defensive rotations benefit from player communication, I think he had troubles with comminication with his teammates, another problem was that he was used to playing within a developed defensive system, he needed time for adjustments

As you said it isn't like he could anything about the injuries, and his tendency to get stripped is related to ref calls, and his lack of comfort playing.

Now, before his first season in the NBA, he didn't really do any off season training, instead he opened up a club in montenegro, drank too much etc. that probably didn't help him get started the right way :D
Then, next summer there was the NBA lockout, he looked completely out of form in the Eurobasket 2011, and then he signed to play with Partizan for the duration of the lockout. He had rigorous training regime, he played competitive games got back into his old form. And then the lockout ended, and he had to return to the NBA. I think the lockout is the reason of his breakout last year, while most of the players didn't do anything during the lockout, or just signed somewhere for easy cash, he chose to come back to Partizan for symbolic 30k

Euroleague
12-16-2012, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=Partizan]Well, this is interesting subject I will try to answer the best I can:

- Foul trouble

There are a lot of factors in this, obviously he needed time to adjust to NBA referees criteria, but honestly I think his biggest problem in his first season was the lack of respect from the referees, he was used to star treatment in Euroleague, and probably had troubles to grasp that he needs to earn that respect again, to be precise I'm not denying that he made stupid fouls but he was getting some bs calls which probably upset him

Clumsy footwork -
Well, he isn't natural with his footwork, its all work, in Europe he got used to using only couple of moves which he trained to perfection, I think he needed time to get comfortable with the moves, againts different ( I would say better but I don't want to start a debate :D) defenders in the NBA

Defensive rotations
Defensive rotations benefit from player communication, I think he had troubles with comminication with his teammates, another problem was that he was used to playing within a developed defensive system, he needed time for adjustments

As you said it isn't like he could anything about the injuries, and his tendency to get stripped is related to ref calls, and his lack of comfort playing.

Now, before his first season in the NBA, he didn't really do any off season training, instead he opened up a club in montenegro, drank too much etc. that probably didn't help him get started the right way :D
Then, next summer there was the NBA lockout, he looked completely out of form in the Eurobasket 2011, and then he signed to play with Partizan for the duration of the lockout. He had rigorous training regime, he played competitive games got back into his old form. And then the lockout ended, and he had to return to the NBA. I think the lockout is the reason of his breakout last year, while most of the players didn't do anything during the lockout, or just signed somewhere for easy cash, he chose to come back to Partizan for symbolic 30k

Partizan
12-16-2012, 07:25 PM
How? The only difference I see is that he weighs less, and thus has better lateral movement.

He is a better player,he improved in some aspects he didn't change his game, I'm not saying he would be a Shaq in Europe, he is better now than over 2 years ago nothing wrong with that...

Fiba basketball
01-07-2013, 07:07 PM
I had discussion with gabepizza about Pekovic and I said you could argue he is top 5 C in NBA , he didn't agree and said these guys are better

Howard, Noah, Horford, Jefferson, Bosh, Chandler, Love, Gasol, Cousins, Lopez, Monroe, Vucevic, and Varejao to name a few.

Do you think he is better than those guys and where would do rank him ?

MiseryCityTexas
01-07-2013, 07:15 PM
I guess Pekovic is the reason why T Wolves's management don't give a **** about Kevin Love's situation to help improve the team.

Euroleague
01-07-2013, 07:16 PM
I had discussion with gabepizza about Pekovic and I said you could argue he is top 5 C in NBA , he didn't agree and said these guys are better

gabepizza is a troll. How many times do I have to tell you that? I am starting to wonder about you man.

MiseryCityTexas
01-07-2013, 07:18 PM
im glad they got rid of the rep system again. i got tired of certain clowns neg repping me just because i proved them wrong in a basketball debate.

La Frescobaldi
01-08-2013, 01:14 PM

"Howard, Noah, Horford, Jefferson, Bosh, Chandler, Love, Gasol, Cousins, Lopez, Monroe, Vucevic, and Varejao to name a few."

Better than Pekovic right now? assuming his hip is fine of course:

Howard, yes
Noah, yes
Horford, no, not close
Jefferson, maybe
Bosh, at center? no, not close
Chandler, no
Love, at center? not close
Gasol, assuming Marc? yes
Cousins, LOL
:oldlol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :banana:

he may have skill and size but that guy is like Walt Bellamy everybody called him Tinkerbell because his mentality got weak.

Lopez? either one is lulz
Monroe, maybe
Vucevic, wait about 5 years and we will see. This kid can go either way at this point.
Varejao I would like to see more of

Now I call Howard the better center because even though Pekovic destroyed him last season in one game, Howard returned the favor. Howard doesn't have as good an offensive game but he's much better defender, and of course D12 offense is criminally underrated by ISH-tars.

Although I'm starting to think #14 is much better at D than I thought. There's a reason the Wolves stand 8th in the League in defense, and given the unceasing injuries, that is amazing. Reality is, they get beat like an old carpet on perimeter shooting. Did anyone see the Portland game the other night? Blazers made 16 3 pointers on like 65% shooting. Who does that?

Noah is at the top of the league right now too.

Anyhow, yeah Pekovic is lot better than people give him credit. I think it's because his style is so old school. But those old moves, properly executed, are 100% unstoppable as he shows night in, night out.

Fiba basketball
01-08-2013, 01:43 PM
"Howard, Noah, Horford, Jefferson, Bosh, Chandler, Love, Gasol, Cousins, Lopez, Monroe, Vucevic, and Varejao to name a few."

Howard, yes
Noah, yes
Horford, no, not close
Jefferson, maybe
Chandler, no
Cousins, LOL

he may have skill and size but that guy is like Walt Bellamy everybody called him Tinkerbell because his mentality got weak.

Monroe, maybe
Vucevic, wait about 5 years and we will see. This kid can go either way at this point.

Now I call Howard the better center because even though Pekovic destroyed him last season in one game, Howard returned the favor. Howard doesn't have as good an offensive game but he's much better defender, and of course D12 offense is criminally underrated by ISH-tars.

Although I'm starting to think #14 is much better at D than I thought. There's a reason the Wolves stand 8th in the League in defense, and given the unceasing injuries, that is amazing. Reality is, they get beat like an old carpet on perimeter shooting. Did anyone see the Portland game the other night? Blazers made 16 3 pointers on like 65% shooting. Who does that?

Anyhow, yeah Pekovic is lot better than people give him credit. I think it's because his style is so old school. But those old moves, properly executed, are 100% unstoppable as he shows night in, night out.

I agree on the bolded part , the simple moves are the ones that are the best but people care more about flashy dunks or some unnecessary moves that make players look good even though they aren't as efficient .

La Frescobaldi
01-08-2013, 02:11 PM
I agree on the bolded part , the simple moves are the ones that are the best but people care more about flashy dunks or some unnecessary moves that make players look good even though they aren't as efficient .
but not with the rest of my analyses of current NBA center standings?

gabepizza
01-08-2013, 02:24 PM

Howard, yes
Noah, yes
Horford, no, not close
Jefferson, maybe
Chandler, no
Cousins, LOL

Monroe, maybe

Chandler 13 and 10.5 on the 6th best team.
Horford 16 and 10 on the 8th best team
are not better than
Pekovic 16 and 8 on the 18th best team?

La Frescobaldi
01-08-2013, 02:57 PM
are not better than

No, they aren't. You are talking about something else entirely.

Yeah Knicks have had to deal with Shumpert and Felton injuries. Is that in any way close to Timberwolves injury list of Rubio, Roy, Budinger, Lee out all season, Love's hand, and Josh Howard waived due to injury ?
Those are not bench player real-old-trying-to-make-a-comeback-and-injured Sheed.
That is the entire Minnesota starting roster except Pekovic. ok the question mark would be Budinger or Kirilenko but either way, that tells you your 6th man is also out for the season.

But leave out the entire injured starting team. We don't care that the Wolves have had to start every player on their roster this season except Amundson (well and 10 day contract Hayward, who's already expired and gladly gone) - look at what they do on the court. Pekovic is clearly the better center. The only thing he gives up is vertical and speed, but his strength easily overpowers all that.

But, I'll just turn your point right on its head this way - how are the Timberwolves playing .500 ball with all those guys out? Neither Chandler nor Horford can keep a team's heartbeat going. Clearly the Wolves should have been flatline long ago, and it's Pekovic and Kirilenko who have kept them competitive.
Yes Alexey Shved has shown up in the league, but it remains to be seen if he can play physical ball.
Compare that situation to Knicks it's not close.
Horford is a fine center - to me, he's real underrated - but he's on a much better team due to all those Minnesota injuries.

Partizan
01-08-2013, 03:30 PM
I don't get how anyone could claim that Chandler is better than Pekovic...
Chandler was considered as a complete scrub by a majority of NBA fans for a long time, due to his complete lack of skill, and now he is considered as what? Top 5? Top3?

gabepizza
01-08-2013, 03:36 PM
No, they aren't. You are talking about something else entirely.

Yeah Knicks have had to deal with Shumpert and Felton injuries. Is that in any way close to Timberwolves injury list of Rubio, Roy, Budinger, Lee out all season, Love's hand, and Josh Howard waived due to injury ?
Those are not bench player real-old-trying-to-make-a-comeback-and-injured Sheed.
That is the entire Minnesota starting roster except Pekovic. ok the question mark would be Budinger or Kirilenko but either way, that tells you your 6th man is also out for the season.

But leave out the entire injured starting team. We don't care that the Wolves have had to start every player on their roster this season except Amundson (well and 10 day contract Hayward, who's already expired and gladly gone) - look at what they do on the court. Pekovic is clearly the better center. The only thing he gives up is vertical and speed, but his strength easily overpowers all that.

But, I'll just turn your point right on its head this way - how are the Timberwolves playing .500 ball with all those guys out? Neither Chandler nor Horford can keep a team's heartbeat going. Clearly the Wolves should have been flatline long ago, and it's Pekovic and Kirilenko who have kept them competitive.
Yes Alexey Shved has shown up in the league, but it remains to be seen if he can play physical ball.
Compare that situation to Knicks it's not close.
Horford is a fine center - to me, he's real underrated - but he's on a much better team due to all those Minnesota injuries.

Okay than riddle me this. If Pekovic is such a big part of his team and so important why does he have less rebounds than both Chandler and Horford? I feel for a center rebounds are the most important stat and both Chandler and Horford average 2 more per game and Horford puts up as many points as Pekovi.

gabepizza
01-08-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't get how anyone could claim that Chandler is better than Pekovic...
Chandler was considered as a complete scrub by a majority of NBA fans for a long time, due to his complete lack of skill, and now he is considered as what? Top 5? Top3?

He may not have offensive skills but he make up for that with defense, rebounding and finishing pick and rolls. There is a reason he was the starting center for and NBA champion and Olympic Champion, not to mention winning a World Championship gold medal and now averaging 13 and 10.5 on the 6th best team in the NBA (arguably the 2nd most important Knick). When Pekovic is the starter on an NBA champion and Olympic champion maybe we can start comparing them.

tpols
01-08-2013, 03:46 PM
are not better than
Pekovic plays in the west.. Minny has ten times harder competition and schedule than the Knicks and hawks.