PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin

idizzle
02-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Bored so I made a thread for Jeremy Lin.

Crossing up John Wall and going in for the banger.

http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=LiwSUxszuN0&feature=rel​ated

MightyWhitey
02-08-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm liking Lin and Chandler which reminds me of Nash and Stat. However I hope Knick fans don't stomp on him if he has a few bad or mediocre games. Dumtoni will overplay this guy before you know it. Lin is good. He is playing some good ball. The excitement might wane a bit if they lose the next few games.

knickscity
02-08-2012, 11:14 PM
February has alot of winnable games in it, but Lin will need some rest time from the court for sure.

He got that tonite, at the expense of the lead going away.

idizzle
02-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I like Lin and Fields in the backcourt.

bluechox2
02-09-2012, 01:32 AM
more impressive was watching landry play like premelo days, and shumpert looked really good at the 2/3, all thanks to lin's constant attack at the basket

both times when douglas/bibby were subbed in for the backcourt, we took 5 straight missed 3's :facepalm and had no ball movement at all with douglas and bibby exchanging bricks with each other

bluechox2
02-09-2012, 01:58 AM
on lins dunk, defenders didnt know whether to contest it or guard the 3 :lol left the lane wide open

Clutch
02-09-2012, 02:10 AM
You know another good thing Lin brings to this team ?

NO MORE TONEY DOUGLAS :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

bluechox2
02-09-2012, 02:18 AM
You know another good thing Lin brings to this team ?

NO MORE TONEY DOUGLAS :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
:party: lets trade him for a pick:pimp:

Clutch
02-09-2012, 02:35 AM
:party: lets trade him for a pick:pimp:
Let's give him to our opponents for free and hope they will play him which would give us an easy win :D

bluechox2
02-09-2012, 02:59 AM
http://s16.postimage.org/v1et0fa8z/linfish_medium.gif

knickscity
02-09-2012, 07:00 AM
more impressive was watching landry play like premelo days, and shumpert looked really good at the 2/3, all thanks to lin's constant attack at the basket

both times when douglas/bibby were subbed in for the backcourt, we took 5 straight missed 3's :facepalm and had no ball movement at all with douglas and bibby exchanging bricks with each other
I don't remember Douglas coming in last nights game at all, but I fully agree the team did not look good with Bibby trying t run it.

bluechox2
02-09-2012, 08:49 AM
I don't remember Douglas coming in last nights game at all, but I fully agree the team did not look good with Bibby trying t run it.

douglas recorded a DNP :lol finally ( i thought i saw him, must have been burned in my head from previous games:banghead: )

List of players with at 3 or more consecutive games where they scored 20 or more points with 6 or more assists while shooting greater than 50% from the floor since the

bluechox2
02-09-2012, 09:07 AM
@Amareisreal: “Another great game tonight Knicks!! It seems like everyone is buying into the system an playing team basketball. I can’t wait to join. GN”

franchize
02-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Damn Lin and Fields. I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE Lin and Shumpert playing together!!!!! They cant shoot worth $h!t but MAN do they have some fiesty hands.

Rameek
02-09-2012, 09:49 AM

This is why the kid is a Superstar. He goes to the rack now everyone wants to go to the rack. They take better 3's because they are mostly uncontested.

This is the prime example of a player making everyone better! Unfortunately whats going to happen when 36 million get on the court? Do they buy in?

bluechox2
02-09-2012, 09:54 AM
pretty sure amare will easily assimilate to lins play. question is whether melo can buy into it

franchize
02-09-2012, 11:07 AM
pretty sure amare will easily assimilate to lins play. question is whether melo can buy into it
I agree. I liek Melo more but Amare's game fits more with Lin's. This is where good coaching is paramount.

I dont think Toney Douglas played at all last night.:oldlol: He looked like he was going to cry on the bench. When there was a timeout, he was giving the funniest hi-5's and chest bumps. I almost felt bad for him.

bluechox2
02-09-2012, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCREzBEI-v4&feature=player_embedded#
:roll: :roll: lin brainwash:roll: :roll:

Sarcastic
02-09-2012, 01:26 PM
I agree. I liek Melo more but Amare's game fits more with Lin's. This is where good coaching is paramount.

I dont think Toney Douglas played at all last night.:oldlol: He looked like he was going to cry on the bench. When there was a timeout, he was giving the funniest hi-5's and chest bumps. I almost felt bad for him.

Good. Maybe he will learn to stop chucking threes on 5 of every 6 shots, and finally learn how to distribute to teammates.

Rameek
02-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Its going to be more difficult I think for Melo because he is going to need to be more decisive with the ball. In D'Antoni's system you cant hold the ball to watch what the defense does you have to shoot/attack/pass.

Mavsman22
02-10-2012, 02:03 AM
http://6thmanblog.com/2012/opinion/linpossible-feats

Rameek
02-10-2012, 06:44 AM
I hope he sticks on the team. I need someone on the Knicks to root for. I would buy his Jersey. I think the last Jersey I ever bought was Sprewell.

bluechox2
02-10-2012, 09:56 AM
im pumped for todays game, i know its the lakers and with our lineup, its gonna be tough, but somwhere inside of me, i feel like we can pull it off.

Da KO King
02-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Lin is playing very well right now. I hope he can keep it up. I also hope the city doesn't get sucked in the hype and force the organization to lock this guy up in a deal that they will want out of in two years.

franchize
02-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Lin is playing very well right now. I hope he can keep it up. I also hope the city doesn't get sucked in the hype and force the organization to lock this guy up in a deal that they will want out of in two years.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Repped (well I tried but they won't let me).

I like Lin. I love what he's brought to the table lately. However, I do think we should still look for a pg in the offseason. He could be a few bad games from the d-league all over again. No trouble in searching for a sure thing.

knickscity
02-10-2012, 11:07 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Repped (well I tried but they won't let me).

I like Lin. I love what he's brought to the table lately. However, I do think we should still look for a pg in the offseason. He could be a few bad games from the d-league all over again. No trouble in searching for a sure thing.
I agree with both you and KO, but here is the question.....

If Lin keeps up some of this remarkable play for the duration of the season, and another team tries to swoop in and lock him up, do you match the offer?

Or.......let him walk ala Steve Nash?

Da KO King
02-10-2012, 01:40 PM
I agree with both you and KO, but here is the question.....

If Lin keeps up some of this remarkable play for the duration of the season, and another team tries to swoop in and lock him up, do you match the offer?

Or.......let him walk ala Steve Nash?Honestly if another team offers the full midlevel exception (apprx $5 million per) you pretty much have to let Lin walk.

Despite the assist numbers he doesn't see the floor very well. I was at the game against the Wizards on Wednesday. There were plenty of plays where Lin simply lost track of what was happening on the weak side of the floor.

That isn't a huge problem right now because teams are still learning what type of player he is. In a year or two when teams figure Lin out he will not have these types of games nearly as frequently.

knickscity
02-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Honestly if another team offers the full midlevel exception (apprx $5 million per) you pretty much have to let Lin walk.

Despite the assist numbers he doesn't see the floor very well. I was at the game against the Wizards on Wednesday. There were plenty of plays where Lin simply lost track of what was happening on the weak side of the floor.

That isn't a huge problem right now because teams are still learning what type of player he is. In a year or two when teams figure Lin out he will not have these types of games nearly as frequently.
IDK guy, specifically if Lin were to continue his good play, not the points of course, I really don't see how the Knicks could seriously let him go with no pg on the roster.

Besides he's somewhat of a RFA anyway, so there is limits to what a team can offer him, I think similar to Deandre Jordan.

I see you're saying he doesn't see the floor well.

What exactly did you see that he didn't?

His vision is actually what is driving his good play, the ability to see players cut, screen, open lanes to the basket.

Plus a week ago he admitted he had never played with these guys.

Da KO King
02-10-2012, 02:14 PM
IDK guy, specifically if Lin were to continue his good play, not the points of course, I really don't see how the Knicks could seriously let him go with no pg on the roster.

Besides he's somewhat of a RFA anyway, so there is limits to what a team can offer him, I think similar to Deandre Jordan.

I see you're saying he doesn't see the floor well.

What exactly did you see that he didn't?

His vision is actually what is driving his good play, the ability to see players cut, screen, open lanes to the basket.

Plus a week ago he admitted he had never played with these guys.Lin focuses on the players near him instead of the rim. With that, he can only see one side of the floor at a time. There were a number of plays where he missed the open man because of it and ended up dribbling into traffic.

Also, Lin just can not split a trap/hard hedge coming off a ballscreen. The quickness and arm length of defenders make it basically impossible for him to pull off. Once teams realize that they will change how the play him. It will make the limited vision all the more apparent.

My main concern is that I don't want the team and fanbase to get sucked into his production for this month. The Knicks play a lot of teams this month that have just been horrible about defending point guards. I don't want to see them hand him a $5 million a year deal that they will regret in two seasons.

franchize
02-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Depends on what you mean by "keeps up his remarkable play." If he's getting 20 and 8, yea I'll show him the money.If he comes back down to Earth and maintains about 10 and 4, no way am I going above my mid level. I'll offer him half.

Sarcastic
02-10-2012, 04:39 PM
What would you offer him if he finishes averaging 15 and 7 or 8?

Sarcastic
02-10-2012, 04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bEJUPpumvC4

knickscity
02-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Im sure he will get the 1 mil QO, but 15 and 8 is definitely worth mid level, but I would wait for another team to offer it first, then gauge interest.

knickscity
02-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Lin focuses on the players near him instead of the rim. With that, he can only see one side of the floor at a time. There were a number of plays where he missed the open man because of it and ended up dribbling into traffic.

Also, Lin just can not split a trap/hard hedge coming off a ballscreen. The quickness and arm length of defenders make it basically impossible for him to pull off. Once teams realize that they will change how the play him. It will make the limited vision all the more apparent.

My main concern is that I don't want the team and fanbase to get sucked into his production for this month. The Knicks play a lot of teams this month that have just been horrible about defending point guards. I don't want to see them hand him a $5 million a year deal that they will regret in two seasons.
Maybe you saw more than I could, but I saw quite a few cross court passes, and deep kickouts during the game made by Lin.

The kid has been very solid in few games.

I think you may be a tad overly critical of his play.

Even when trapped, I only recall once when he gave up his dribble.

I'll make a true assessment when I can what he does with the full compliment of players.

Draz
02-11-2012, 12:01 AM
What a great game today. I love this guy, he became my favorite player by far.

Also, am I the only person who is getting selfish about Lin? What I mean is, do you guys really want to keep this guy as much as I do on the team long term? I can't help but stress so early because of how much I enjoy basketball and our team play with him. Without Amare + Melo getting wins and getting our players involved I feel so good. How do we keep this guy with contracts like Amare + Melo + Tyson?

Rameek
02-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Really? Seriously?

There is no battle for supremacy! Lin is SUPREMACY!:banana:

The NBA only exist because LINSanity allows it to!:banana:

Lin has a black mamba carpet in his room. The black mamba isn't dead it's just afraid to move.

Lin-Phobia

Knick Fans I would like you to see what a SUPERSTAR can do as opposed to the 36mill guys!

Rameek
02-11-2012, 12:10 AM
The NBA only exist because LINSanity allows it to!:banana:

Lin has a black mamba carpet in his room. The black mamba isn't dead it's just afraid to move.

Lin-Phobia

Knick Fans I would like you to see what a SUPERSTAR can do as opposed to the 36mill guys!

franchize
02-11-2012, 12:19 AM
If he gets 15 and 8, I'd give him around what we gave Felton.

$LakerGold
02-11-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm liking Lin and Chandler which reminds me of Nash and Stat. However I hope Knick fans don't stomp on him if he has a few bad or mediocre games. Dumtoni will overplay this guy before you know it. Lin is good. He is playing some good ball. The excitement might wane a bit if they lose the next few games.
:roll:

knickscity
02-11-2012, 12:47 AM
"can't go left".........did that.

"can't shoot the jumper"....did that.

"can't hit the three"....did that.

"fatigue factor"....he's 23, he ain't getting tired, and is strong as a bull.

Now I will tell anyone that the League is scripted, but this is incredible.

Scoooter
02-11-2012, 04:01 AM
Damn. All I have to say. :bowdown:

The Ownage
02-11-2012, 06:15 AM
I want his babies. :bowdown:

bluechox2
02-11-2012, 07:38 AM
lin dynasty

bluechox2
02-11-2012, 07:50 AM
another jeremy lin song by this asian rapper
Nick Of Time - Jin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bEJUPpumvC4#!

"Jeremy Lin" Rap by Andrizzle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTGpkN6_-5Y&feature=related

Clutch
02-11-2012, 08:27 AM
If Lin continues to play solid basketball until the end he's a lock for the Most Improved Player.

He doesn't need to put this kind of numbers,just a solid all-around performance that leads to victory.

Lin in his last 4 games:

28.5 points , 3.8 rebounds , 8 assists , 1.8 steals on 58% shooting :bowdown:

Da KO King
02-11-2012, 08:32 AM
As crazy as it may sound based on what I just said, you kinda have to give him the full MLE if he does 15&8 for the season.

Despite my current stance, Lin's shortcomings are things that be corrected if Lin, his off-season training team, and the coaching staff put in the work. Not only that but even when he misses the play a lot of time it is clear he made the read but recognized he can't physically make the play.

Like his inability to split traps. Lin makes the read but he simple can not get the dribble out in front quick enough or low enough to get through the defense.

bluechox2
02-11-2012, 08:42 AM
As crazy as it may sound based on what I just said, you kinda have to give him the full MLE if he does 15&8 for the season.

Despite my current stance, Lin's shortcomings are things that be corrected if Lin, his off-season training team, and the coaching staff put in the work. Not only that but even when he misses the play a lot of time it is clear he made the read but recognized he can't physically make the play.

Like his inability to split traps. Lin makes the read but he simple can not get the dribble out in front quick enough or low enough to get through the defense.
thats only cus the defense can concentrate on him now
melo and amare will definitely space that floor out even more
cant find an opening? simple, get amare in a pick, give it to melo who can bail out the offense from the perimeter (and that single coverage, not triple, like hes been seeing lately)

Da KO King
02-11-2012, 09:00 AM
thats only cus the defense can concentrate on him now
melo and amare will definately space that floor out even more
cant find an opening? simple, get amare in a pick, give it to melo who can bail out the offense from the perimeter
Having more talented players on the floor will not improve what I was talking about. It is a technical skill. Lin simply can't execute... YET.

Right now I think a lot of people are confusing Lin's EXCELLENT understanding of the ballscreen game and making the correct reads with having great court vision. His vision is fairly average but he made every read when I watched him against the Wizards.

The Phoenix Suns play tonight on NBA TV. To see what I mean about the vision/focus thing watch/DVR/tape that game. When Steve Nash has the ball on the perimeter you'll see that he mainly keeps his focus on the rim, which allows him to see all nine other guys on the floor no matter where he is. When Tyreke Evans gets the ball you'll see that the focus is on defenders near him and he only picks up the rim when he's ready to score.

knickscity
02-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Having more talented players on the floor will not improve what I was talking about. It is a technical skill. Lin simply can't execute... YET.

Right now I think a lot of people are confusing Lin's EXCELLENT understanding of the ballscreen game and making the correct reads with having great court vision. His vision is fairly average but he made every read when I watched him against the Wizards.

The Phoenix Suns play tonight on NBA TV. To see what I mean about the vision/focus thing watch/DVR/tape that game. When Steve Nash has the ball on the perimeter you'll see that he mainly keeps his focus on the rim, which allows him to see all nine other guys on the floor no matter where he is. When Tyreke Evans gets the ball you'll see that the focus is on defenders near him and he only picks up the rim when he's ready to score.
I'll tell you what though KO, even though I really don't see the lack of vision you're referring to, the kid is a student of the game.

I was literally cracking up when he was interviewed during halftime, when he said he was going in the back to read film on how to get Chandler the ball.

"Right now?"

Lin: "Right now".

knickscity
02-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Didn't want to make a new thread for it, but who does Lin remind you guys off..

I know D'antoni blushes when people ask him about Lin being Nash 2.0

I think Lin has a blend of Nash, Rondo, and Kidd, but I have another former Sun that Lin totally reminds me of......

Kevin Johnson.

(Clutch scours You Tube now):D

Rameek
02-11-2012, 10:02 AM
I seen him split traps in Washington but I seen him back away because it's easier.

Clutch
02-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Didn't want to make a new thread for it, but who does Lin remind you guys off..

I know D'antoni blushes when people ask him about Lin being Nash 2.0

I think Lin has a blend of Nash, Rondo, and Kidd, but I have another former Sun that Lin totally reminds me of......

Kevin Johnson.

(Clutch scours You Tube now):D
I wasn't even born when Kevin Johnson entered the league :lol

He reminds me of Rondo.
Solid rebounder for his position,not a very good shooter,doesn't pick up his dribble often.

bluechox2
02-11-2012, 10:27 AM
steve nash and rondo

Da KO King
02-11-2012, 11:23 AM
I'll tell you what though KO, even though I really don't see the lack of vision you're referring to, the kid is a student of the game.

I was literally cracking up when he was interviewed during halftime, when he said he was going in the back to read film on how to get Chandler the ball.

"Right now?"

Lin: "Right now".
Honestly this is a reason that while I'm leery of going "all in" contract wise too soon I'm not dead set against it.

When playing within a structured set Lin makes the reads. If you tell him he missed something, he legitimately looks into it. He's learning not just on a game to game basis but a play to play one as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not changing my assessment. Lin will come back down to Earth, and these 25 and 8 games will not happen as frequently. Still the more I watch the more I believe that Lin has the makings of a career top 7 rotation guy. Having a PG a coach can count on to make the right reads in the right situations is invaluable.

Rameek
02-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Honestly this is a reason that while I'm leery of going "all in" contract wise too soon I'm not dead set against it.

When playing within a structured set Lin makes the reads. If you tell him he missed something, he legitimately looks into it. He's learning not just on a game to game basis but a play to play one as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not changing my assessment. Lin will come back down to Earth, and these 25 and 8 games will not happen as frequently. Still the more I watch the more I believe that Lin has the makings of a career top 7 rotation guy. Having a PG a coach can count on to make the right reads in the right situations is invaluable.
As great as he has been and I believe he has been a SUPERSTAR in no way shape or form am I condoning giving this kid 5 mill unless he averages 20 and 8 through the playoffs. Even then if the Knicks can find another PG they should do it.

Draz
02-11-2012, 03:02 PM
I hope when Melo returns he doesn't break this chemistry, how would you guys feel on Melos return we lose the game?

knickscity
02-11-2012, 04:12 PM
I hope when Melo returns he doesn't break this chemistry, how would you guys feel on Melos return we lose the game?
I think only an idiot would try to mess up the chemistry that these guys have achieved.

They really believe if they play hard and the right way, they can win every single game, and the result are showing that.

Melo MUST fall in that line, he is not an exception.

Clutch
02-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I think only an idiot would try to mess up the chemistry that these guys have achieved.

They really believe if they play hard and the right way, they can win every single game, and the result are showing that.

Melo MUST fall in that line, he is not an exception.
I like Melo but if he doesn't show he can be a team player then I would trade him.

It's simple as that.

I may like him but I like the Knicks more.

Hopefully he'll prove the haters wrong and will fit perfectly into the system.

knickscity
02-11-2012, 06:51 PM

The best situation for Lin and the team would be for him to accept his 1 mil QO.

Hopefully no other team messes that that up, and he'll have the entire next season to show what he can do with a full training camp, pre and season games.

At worst no one can offer more than the MLE, and since he is an RFA we can match it, and still have our very own MLE to hopefully acquire another pg.

I'm not sold he is the answer just yet, but we'll find out how good he really is by the time the season ends.

Sarcastic
02-11-2012, 07:16 PM
http://oi41.tinypic.com/35l4s2h.jpg

redrich2000
02-11-2012, 10:30 PM

Would it work to shift the rotations so Melo plays more with the second unit? That we look for the pick and roll with Amare and Chandler when Lin is playing and rely on Melo when he comes out?

Rameek
02-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Would it work to shift the rotations so Melo plays more with the second unit? That we look for the pick and roll with Amare and Chandler when Lin is playing and rely on Melo when he comes out?
Will not work at all! If Melo tries that ISO crap too much after the team has played fantastic team ball there will be a MUTINY!

Sarcastic
02-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Will not work at all! If Melo tries that ISO crap too much after the team has played fantastic team ball there will be a MUTINY!

On "we need a basket right now" type of moments, Melo is still getting the ball.

Rameek
02-12-2012, 12:08 AM
On "we need a basket right now" type of moments, Melo is still getting the ball.
Listen to the post game interviews much from the players?

Have you learned anything at all these past 5 games?

Sarcastic
02-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Listen to the post game interviews much from the players?

Have you learned anything at all these past 5 games?

The postseason and regular season are 2 very different animals.

Scoooter
02-12-2012, 01:12 AM
Yeah, Carmelo doesn't win games in the postseason.

Sarcastic
02-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah, Carmelo doesn't win games in the postseason.

Carmelo is not a team.

Scoooter
02-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Someone tell him that.

Sarcastic
02-12-2012, 01:49 AM
Someone tell him that.

He leads the team in assists, and he would have more if Landry could hit an open jumper.

Scoooter
02-12-2012, 01:54 AM
He also led the team south of .500.

Sarcastic
02-12-2012, 02:06 AM
He also led the team south of .500.

That was Dumbtoney. Melo never missed the playoffs in his life.

Jasi
02-12-2012, 07:02 AM
I leally dont know what to think about this kid.
i can only hope his state of glace lasts as long as possible.

This is one of the things i tluely love about the nba. Looks like a faily tale.

bluechox2
02-12-2012, 07:10 AM
we have a big 4 :rockon:

Rameek
02-12-2012, 10:20 AM
The postseason and regular season are 2 very different animals.
So? Your point?

He leads the team in assists, and he would have more if Landry could hit an open jumper.
Assist doesnt tell the whole story please I get tired of people saying that crap. Even with all those assist he doesnt make players better.

With Lin he has taken these sh!tty a$$ players and infused this team concept that has EVERY facet of the game IMPROVED to an NBA LEVEL!

Never seen this with Melo.

The reason I asked have you seen any of the post game interviews because they have been sending the message to MELO every time! Its about the TEAM not 1 player.

Melo has to buy in or there will be hell in that locker room!

Clutch
02-12-2012, 10:36 AM
So? Your point?

I think he wanted to say that talent wins in the playoffs.

You can play team ball but in most cases you aren't going anywhere if you don't have a superstar on your team.

I like Melo but I'm more than willing to trade him if he shows that he won't play team ball.

If somehow both Melo and Amare could move the ball when they come back we would be a totally different and very dangerous team.
Our defense is improved and what stopped us at the start of the season was ball movement.

If we can have 2 stars/superstars (call them what you want) AND move the ball we're going to be really good.
Amare should be back against the Raptors on Tuesday,I can't wait to see how our offense will look like.

bluechox2
02-12-2012, 11:01 AM
am i the only one that thinks melo will buy into it?

there were times this season, melo has tried really hard to move the ball around, but it always comes back to him, and then he tries to do what he does best...iso score, it wasnt his fault though and he plays to that strength but i also think he can play off ball well if there is someone capable to pass it to him, we shall see

but then there are times he tries to do hero ball against 3 opponents, and that because he probably didnt trust anyone else ending up taking the shot, or thought if it went out of his hands at a crucial moment, he probably wont get it back to make a shot.

melo, after watching these past games, seeing how good everyone can be, and how good he can be, seeing lin pass the rock to the best available option, all melo needs to do is be the open guy

that play where he pulled his muscle, lin passed to him on a wide open transition 3, which he easily turned into an aley to chandler, though injured.

you can spread the floor playing amare at center, melo at pf, novak at 3, fields at 2 and feature lin at the top

knickballer
02-12-2012, 11:01 AM

Ugh, that Melo trade is awful... Gallo would fit so much better with this team not to mention having Mozguv off the bench and Wilson Chandler as the 6th(assuming he never went to China) We also would have had the cap flexibility to go after a legit player(mayo?)

bluechox2
02-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Ugh, that Melo trade is awful... Gallo would fit so much better with this team not to mention having Mozguv off the bench and Wilson Chandler as the 6th(assuming he never went to China) We also would have had the cap flexibility to go after a legit player(mayo?)

melo trade is the reason we were able to pick up linsanity,
otherwise or pg depth chart would of looked like this

felton,douglas,shumpert, bibby
no room for picking lin off waivers

everything happens for a reason
gallo/chandler/mozgov are all out atm
(post trade) billups is out

we dodged all those injuries

linsanity is here

pieces are falling into place

franchize
02-12-2012, 11:30 AM
He kinda got "figured out" in the 2nd half last night. I think if he develops a pull up jumper and a floater/ tear drop he'd be a beast. Woulda been great if we could have brought in Mark Jackson....oh wait :facepalm

N can we STFU about Gallo. If he was here,we'd still be tryna make him a franchise player. We'd be at or around .500 and we'd probably be ousted in the 1st round.We HAD a decent pg when Gallo was here.

End of the day, the regular season stuff isn't impressive. We need D'Antoni to make things work with Melo and Amare. I don't care what kinda win streak we're on. We'll need them when the playoffs come. All the teams the so called analyst talk about come back down to earth in the playoffs. Why? Because you need stars and big time players to win rings. The only team to win a ring without an elite player in the last decade was the Pistons, and that was because the Lakers were feuding.

I love that we have a real pg.I'm buying into Linsane in the Membran too. I've been saying that was one of our biggest problems all year. BUT, let's not start feeling ourselves and start thinking we don't need Melo and Amare. Lin has been good for us but let's not forget how many games Melo won for us.

Rameek
02-12-2012, 11:31 AM
I think he wanted to say that talent wins in the playoffs.

You can play team ball but in most cases you aren't going anywhere if you don't have a superstar on your team.

I like Melo but I'm more than willing to trade him if he shows that he won't play team ball.

If somehow both Melo and Amare could move the ball when they come back we would be a totally different and very dangerous team.
Our defense is improved and what stopped us at the start of the season was ball movement.

If we can have 2 stars/superstars (call them what you want) AND move the ball we're going to be really good.
Amare should be back against the Raptors on Tuesday,I can't wait to see how our offense will look like.
I do agree with that notion and I am not saying ISO cant work but it has to be extremely limited.

Melo and Stat must come back and fall in line with whats going on or get benched. They have to play both ends of the floor. hold the ball for 3 seconds make quicker decisions pass/shoot/attack the rim.

The Knicks wont win in the playoffs without Melo and Stat on board.

melo trade is the reason we were able to pick up linsanity,
otherwise or pg depth chart would of looked like this

felton,douglas,shumpert, bibby
no room for picking lin off waivers

everything happens for a reason
gallo/chandler/mozgov are all out atm
(post trade) billups is out

we dodged all those injuries

linsanity is here

pieces are falling into place
Nope actually if Shump wasnt hurt earlier in the season the Knicks wouldnt have added him.

bluechox2
02-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Nope actually if Shump wasnt hurt earlier in the season the Knicks wouldnt have added him.

i was referring to the pple saying we shouldn't of traded for melo in the first place

also agree, if it wasn't for shump getting injured, we wouldn't of picked him up

The Ownage
02-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I just pray that Antoni keeps egos in check and doesn't start sucking up to Melo/Amare. If they start playing dumb ball bench their asses.

Rameek
02-12-2012, 11:46 AM
I just pray that Antoni keeps egos in check and doesn't start sucking up to Melo/Amare. If they start playing dumb ball bench their asses.
I really dont think he is going to have to. I think the locker room will police itself. Every player that has been interviewed has been sending the message to Melo and Stat its about the TEAM!

bluechox2
02-12-2012, 11:49 AM
stat and lin are close, stat himself has been talking about buying in to the system for a while now, just needed a pg, now we have 1.

Da KO King
02-12-2012, 12:46 PM
http://oi41.tinypic.com/35l4s2h.jpg
:roll: To hell with it, this right here makes him MLE worthy in my book!

Da KO King
02-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Despite people calling him selfish and a ballhog Carmelo Anthony actually loves playing with quality PG's. Until he had a crazy growth spurt he was a scoring PG (EVERY PG from Baltimore plays exactly the same LOL) himself so he naturally sees the value in a PG.

Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo will be perfectly fine with having Jeremy Lin run the show.

The real problem for the team will be what it has been all season, how do they effectively space the floor and develop an offensive flow when Amar'e and Tyson Chandler are on the floor at the same time. That is an issue that can only get solved by the coaching staff.

The Ownage
02-12-2012, 02:35 PM
I really dont think he is going to have to. I think the locker room will police itself. Every player that has been interviewed has been sending the message to Melo and Stat its about the TEAM!
Yeah I honestly think Amare and Melo will fit in nicely with this team. People are doubting Melo but he's tried to become less "selfish" this year and I think by seeing what Lin has done he will know that he doesn't have the responsibility of having to take over the point forward role. Just good passing, mass scoring, rebounding and defense will be enough of a contribution rather than dictating the offense himself.

However, there will be times where we WILL be down by 10-15 points in a game or on a slight losing streak or whatever. That goes for any team. What I don't want is for them to panic and start chucking up dumb shots.

We'll see in good time but I'm just happy in general the direction we're heading in. :cheers:

Sarcastic
02-12-2012, 05:32 PM

What don't you get about the fact that Lin would never be here if we don't make that trade? Felton would be our starting PG, with Shumpert, Douglas, and Bibby as the back ups.

Sarcastic
02-12-2012, 05:34 PM

That's true, but Felton would have been the starting PG, we would have had enough depth that we wouldn't need Lin. Lin was only brought on because Baron was hurt (who was supposed to be our starter), and we needed a quick fix to fill in the depth.

BrooklynZoo
02-12-2012, 06:06 PM
off topic but a week ago, who would have thought a lineup of

jared jeffries
bill walker
tyson chandler
landry fields
jeremy lin

would be 5-0

:oldlol:

The Ownage
02-12-2012, 06:51 PM
off topic but a week ago, who would have thought a lineup of

jared jeffries
bill walker
tyson chandler
landry fields
jeremy lin

would be 5-0

:oldlol:
We predicted like a 2-8 record with Amare, Shumpert and Melo in the line-up. :lol

bluechox2
02-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Novak on melo: ...Amare and melo hasnt played wit jeremy, with the way he has been playing, but melo was just chompin at the bit last game saying, i can't wait to be back, i can't wait to be back. the energy that Jeremy has been playing with has been so contagious....

i see a offensive powerhouse in the making

Rameek
02-13-2012, 11:20 AM
At least someone tweeted Melo to let him know if he doesnt fall in line he will get some serious backlash!

I love Twitter!:bowdown:

Clutch
02-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Jeremy Lin promo on MSG
(http://www.msg.com/our-teams/knicks/watch-knicks-vs-raptors-tuesday-on-msg-1.82891)

Landry's couch Lin slept on (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/sofa_so_good_it_launched_lin_ucDMSEzpUHiFYboiOTnOa P)

franchize
02-13-2012, 02:30 PM
I say wait till his 1st mediocre game and sign his ass!

BTW that's an ugly ****in couch.:oldlol:

Clutch
02-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Howard Beck @HowardBeckNYT
Carmelo on concerns about him meshing in w/Lin. "All this stuff about me fitting in, it

Jasi
02-13-2012, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=Clutch]Howard Beck @HowardBeckNYT
Carmelo on concerns about him meshing in w/Lin. "All this stuff about me fitting in, it

Sarcastic
02-13-2012, 03:42 PM
One thing I don't like is all the bandwagon (or should I say rickshaw :D) fans that have come over.

Scoooter
02-13-2012, 03:43 PM
We got a ton of them with Melo too.

Clutch
02-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Strange huh!
He should have said "Yeah I don't think I'm gonna let this yellow scrub take the spotlight. I'm gonna get all the touches and play iso. Lin can still take the ball up court if he wants." :D
"All this stuff about me fitting in, it’s funny. I gotta tell you that. It’s funny to me.”

You can understand that as "Do you really think I'll allow this scrub to take spotlight from me ? You must be kidding. ISO all day baby :rockon: "

And Amare always points out that all players need to buy into system.
Obviously he tries really hard to avoid playing defense because there isn't any in D'Antoni's system :lol

Rameek
02-13-2012, 04:18 PM
We got a ton of them with Melo too.
Shots fired, Man down!
http://itswarfarebeware.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/shots-fired-o.gif

Clutch
02-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Jonah Ballow @jonahballow
"It's easy, give him [@JLin7] the ball & space out. I get back to do what I know how to do best." @carmeloanthony #Knicks #NBA

It's official. ISO ball is back :lol

Other quotes from Melo:

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
"Maybe, well not maybe, but I’ll have to score in other areas rather than just coming down posting up, iso-ing." -- Melo #Knicks

Ian Begley @IanBegley
Melo on Lin: 'I know there’s questions about 'Can I fit in?' and stuff like that, but this is like a dream come true to me.' #LinSanity

Tina Cervasio @TinaCervasio
Target for Melo to play would be Fri vs NO.

franchize
02-13-2012, 04:57 PM
It's predictable that theyre going to try pick and roll with Amare. A smart coach would throw a monkey wrench in things and run pick and roll with Lin and Melo. Now, as a defender, you have the difficult choice of chasing Lin in the trail position or having a point guard trying to guard arguably the best scorer in the game.

Scoooter
02-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Yeah, the pick and roll with Amar'e never works when teams know it's coming. That's why it's consistently been one of the most stoppable plays in the league over the last 9 years. One wonders why they run it all.

Da KO King
02-14-2012, 09:40 AM
It's predictable that theyre going to try pick and roll with Amare. A smart coach would throw a monkey wrench in things and run pick and roll with Lin and Melo. Now, as a defender, you have the difficult choice of chasing Lin in the trail position or having a point guard trying to guard arguably the best scorer in the game.
Just because you know a pick and roll doesn't mean its easy to stop.

franchize
02-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Just because you know a pick and roll doesn't mean its easy to stop.

Yea and I never said don't try and run it with Amare. I just said everyone knows that's what you're going to do. Why not trip them up and throw some pick and roll with Carmelo in the mix too?

bluechox2
02-14-2012, 10:06 AM
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/732/jlin3.png

Rameek
02-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah, the pick and roll with Amar'e never works when teams know it's coming. That's why it's consistently been one of the most stoppable plays in the league over the last 9 years. One wonders why they run it all.
I missed the sarcasm Thnx Clutch.

Clutch
02-14-2012, 11:04 AM
I disagree... It isnt easy to stop. Its only stoppable when not executed properly or you dont have the talent with the 3 other players on the floor.

It puts a lot of decision making on the defense and 3 defenders can be occupied at one time leaving at least 1 person open.
I think he was being sarcastic.

Scoooter
02-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Yea and I never said don't try and run it with Amare. I just said everyone knows that's what you're going to do. Why not trip them up and throw some pick and roll with Carmelo in the mix too?
I wish they would run more STAT/Melo pick and roll. That would be a tough cover.

knickscity
02-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Lin does it again!!!!

Clutch game winning three.

Rameek
02-14-2012, 11:47 PM
:bowdown: The Knicks finally get a SUPERSTAR!:bowdown:

Draz
02-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Lin Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

franchize
02-15-2012, 02:10 AM
This kid is playing out of his mind. This is some fairy tale shit. Lin did his thing. He needs to cut down on the TOs and play better D, but he really is playing his butt off. Amare transitioned smoothly. Sweet!

:bowdown: The Knicks finally get a SUPERSTAR!:bowdown:

You're really tryna hammer your point home huh lol. Lin 1 game winner! Melo ....countless.:oldlol: We have 2 and a possible superstars lol Like playing spades

bluechox2
02-15-2012, 04:18 AM
:bowdown:

Scoooter
02-15-2012, 05:07 AM
D'antoni after the game: "I'm just glad it went like this so we can calm the Linsanity down a little bit." :lol

Linsanity. :bowdown:

franchize
02-15-2012, 12:34 PM
D'antoni after the game: "I'm just glad it went like this so we can calm the Linsanity down a little bit." :lol

Linsanity. :bowdown:

How does a game winning shot calm down anything lol Dick

Clutch
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Lin has been amazing.

He needs to cut down the turnovers though.

Still,he's much better than any other point guard we have.

Rameek
02-15-2012, 12:41 PM
This kid is playing out of his mind. This is some fairy tale shit. Lin did his thing. He needs to cut down on the TOs and play better D, but he really is playing his butt off. Amare transitioned smoothly. Sweet!

You're really tryna hammer your point home huh lol. Lin 1 game winner! Melo ....countless.:oldlol: We have 2 and a possible superstars lol Like playing spades
Superstars makes teams better and they win games. This is what he has done. Knicks are just better all over the court with this kid!

Yep I will scream it off the roof tops....

Lin is a SUPERSTAR!

Kobe, LBJ, Wade, Durant, Lin official Superstars of the NBA.

Just off the money Dolan has made in the past 13 days or so this kid deserves the full Mid-Level for 3 years.

Clutch
02-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Superstars makes teams better and they win games. This is what he has done. Knicks are just better all over the court with this kid!

Lin is a SUPERSTAR!

Just off the money Dolan has made in the past 13 days or so this kid deserves the full Mid-Level for 3 years.
Lin has played great but let's wait at least until the end of the season before calling him a superstar.

Jasi
02-15-2012, 12:43 PM
I want to remain rational and cautious about this kid but it's so damn difficult.

At first I thought, yeah it's 1 game or 2

Then he kept LINning and I thought, yeah he's playing only vs scrubs

Then he kept LINning and I thought, can he last more then a week?

Now I only got 2 more things left to think:
(1) how he will do when the teams will start to exploit his weaknesses (dubious from the distance, and 99% right-handed)?
(2) how would he fare in a non-Pringles system?

Rameek
02-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Lin has played great but let's wait at least until the end of the season before calling him a superstar.
When was the last time you can say the Knicks as team played this good? Last year October/November....

When was the last time you can say the Knicks looked good on both ends of the floor?

When was the last time you can say the last 2 games would have been double digit losses instead close victories?

Sorry I know this kid will come down to earth. I know he cant go left. I know he cant shoot that great. I know he is wreckless with the ball. I know sometimes his body is racing past his mind and he gets out of control!

But if he is the catalyst for other guys to be better and he was born with the "Dragon Clutch Gene" the team wins then he is a SUPERSTAR!

Old Knicks are in the building http://youtu.be/D2-3J63eXU0

Jasi
02-15-2012, 01:08 PM

Lin is a SUPERSTAR!

Now that's overreacting :D

No superstar spends one year as a scrub at the borderline with the NBDL.
He found the best system for his style of play: Pringles "give me a high-IQ PG or we always lose" ball.
A fast-paced well-spaced attack makes him thrive and hides the damages of his many turnovers and dubious defense.
He's also 99% right handed.

I'm not saying he cannot work and improve, but dubbing someone a superstar after one week is overreacting.

BUT I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT

knickscity
02-15-2012, 01:16 PM
By definition of " superstar", you'd find that Lin fits a lot of the criteria.

He is definitely playing like one.

The Ownage
02-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Lin can have a 10/5 game for all I care tonight. What I know he will definitely do is give us the drive to win. That's all he's about.

But won't be surprised if he drops 30/10/5 on they asses. :D

Rameek
02-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Now that's overreacting :D

No superstar spends one year as a scrub at the borderline with the NBDL.
He found the best system for his style of play: Pringles "give me a high-IQ PG or we always lose" ball.
A fast-paced well-spaced attack makes him thrive and hides the damages of his many turnovers and dubious defense.
He's also 99% right handed.

I'm not saying he cannot work and improve, but dubbing someone a superstar after one week is overreacting.

BUT I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT
You see thats why most people call very good players superstars when its not warranted. Superstars is a label that gets tossed around to easily. IMHO

A Superstar makes the team better and/or win. I can pick apart his game with the best of them but his influence is more than his on court production. Its the effect of the player around him and making them better. To me thats a superstar.

Your definition and everyone else definition can be different. I dont begrudge people thinking Melo and Stat are superstars. I disagree wholeheartedly because it doesnt mesh with my definition. Most people its based on popularity for me sports related its about making people better and/or winning.

Of Course I'm Right its Mr. Negative Meek!:hammerhead:

franchize
02-15-2012, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=Rameek][B]You see thats why most people call very good players superstars when its not warranted. Superstars is a label that gets tossed around to easily. IMHO

A Superstar makes the team better and/or win. I can pick apart his game with the best of them but his influence is more than his on court production. Its the effect of the player around him and making them better. To me thats a superstar.

Your definition and everyone else definition can be different. I dont begrudge people thinking Melo and Stat are superstars. I disagree wholeheartedly because it doesnt mesh with my definition. Most people its based on popularity for me sports related its about making people better and/or winning.

So guys that are perennial allstars aren't superstars but a guy who's had a great 6 game stretch is?

N by your own definition, Kevin Durant is NOT a superstar.

All I'm saying is...I've seen this movie before. I'll leave it at that.Go Lin, Go Melo, Go Amare, Go Shump...most importantly, Go Knicks!!!

Sarcastic
02-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Melo and STAT are both better than Lin.

Scoooter
02-15-2012, 03:38 PM
How does a game winning shot calm down anything lol Dick
That was the joke. :hammerhead:

Rameek
02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=Rameek][B]You see thats why most people call very good players superstars when its not warranted. Superstars is a label that gets tossed around to easily. IMHO

So guys that are perennial allstars aren't superstars but a guy who's had a great 6 game stretch is?

N by your own definition, Kevin Durant is NOT a superstar.

All I'm saying is...I've seen this movie before. I'll leave it at that.Go Lin, Go Melo, Go Amare, Go Shump...most importantly, Go Knicks!!!

I am the biggest skeptic, cynic, skip bayless guy in the world. I havent been this excited over this team since the Sprewel days.

I am riding this wave of optimism and excitement until the tidal wave or ripple hits the beach!

One of the things that disappointed me about last night was the fact that Stat wasnt able to come in and take his game to the next level. Hopefully when Melo returns and these guys get in shape they can add more to this team!

I disagree with the Durant thing because he's infused excitement into a small market state! His effects more than the team.

Melo and STAT are both better than Lin.
No one will doubt this but I hope they can see what leadership and making a team better actually means. Its not just scoring!

franchize
02-15-2012, 04:22 PM
I disagree with the Durant thing because he's infused excitement into a small market state! His effects more than the team.

I agree with most of your statement except this. I don't know about where you live, but for the last decade, everywhere I've lived, the Knicks were a laughing stock...And I've lived in 3 different states in the last 10 years. NY, VA and MD (and I work in DC). That changed when we got Stat n Melo. That's gotta count for something right?

Scoooter
02-15-2012, 04:24 PM
We've been a laughing stock all season with Melo.

Sarcastic
02-15-2012, 05:03 PM
We've been a laughing stock all season with Melo.

Bad coach was the reason.

Scoooter
02-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Bad coach was the reason.
D'antoni + Stoudemire = Knicks turning the corner towards legitimacy
D'antoni + Stoudemire + Melo = LOL Knicks

Sarcastic
02-15-2012, 05:32 PM
D'antoni + Stoudemire = Knicks turning the corner towards legitimacy
D'antoni + Stoudemire + Melo = LOL Knicks

D'Antoni + Stoudemire + Melo + Billups = 7-1 vs top teams last year.

We lost our PG, and instead of changing the system, coach tries to turn Douglas into a PG :facepalm

Scoooter
02-15-2012, 05:57 PM
D'Antoni + Stoudemire + Melo + Billups = 7-1 vs top teams last year.
Proves my point. D'antoni wasn't the problem. Chauncey's biggest impact, and this goes back to Denver, was making sure Melo didn't **** things up.

We lost our PG, and instead of changing the system, coach tries to turn Douglas into a PG :facepalm
He also tried to run the offense through our (supposedly) best player's hands, but he obviously overestimated Melo's abilities. Not a lot of options after that.

Sarcastic
02-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Melo has never been on a losing team in his life, even without Chauncey Billups. D'Antoni had no idea how to coach the team when it lacked a point guard.

He actually had the point guard, but chose not to play him until February. Another brain fart by the coach.

Scoooter
02-15-2012, 06:18 PM
He played Lin well before February, and he was so bad they had to send him down to the D-League.

knickscity
02-15-2012, 06:21 PM
He played Lin well before February, and he was so bad they had to send him down to the D-League.
Are you seriously counting playing Lin when the game has already been decided as being noteworthy?

Sarcastic
02-15-2012, 06:25 PM

He had a few decent games in January. Should have at least gotten a few more looks, considering what we were throwing out there as a point guard. Lin's not a pure shooter, so D'Antoni never really liked him. He never even let him practice with Melo or Amare, and he was about a day away from being cut from the team.

Scoooter
02-15-2012, 06:29 PM
He had a few decent games in January. Should have at least gotten a few more looks, considering what we were throwing out there as a point guard. Lin's not a pure shooter, so D'Antoni never really liked him. He never even let him practice with Melo or Amare, and he was about a day away from being cut from the team.
Lin had a few decent games after he got back from the D-league. And those were garbage minutes. The first time he really showed us anything was in the Celtics game, and he got major minutes the very next night. And then came the Linsanity.

As soon as D'antoni knew he had something, he made him the starter. D'antoni plays guys on merit.

Sarcastic
02-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Lin had a few decent games after he got back from the D-league. And those were garbage minutes. The first time he really showed us anything was in the Celtics game, and he got major minutes the very next night. And then came the Linsanity.

As soon as D'antoni knew he had something, he made him the starter. D'antoni plays guys on merit.

He played 20 minutes against the Rockets, and had 9 points and 6 assists. The next game against the Pistons he got 6 minutes, despite it being a blow out, and a great opportunity to get him playing time. The next game after that against Chicago he got 0 minutes, and then against Boston he got 7 minutes. Then NJ, when he got 36 and Linsanity started.

Scoooter
02-15-2012, 06:42 PM
And I imagine he's probably locked down the starter spot for the rest of the season.

Sarcastic
02-15-2012, 06:45 PM
And I imagine he's probably locked down the starter spot for the rest of the season.

Unless D'Antoni wants to be fired.

Scoooter
02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
That wouldn't surprise me.

Rameek
02-16-2012, 12:04 PM
I agree with most of your statement except this. I don't know about where you live, but for the last decade, everywhere I've lived, the Knicks were a laughing stock...And I've lived in 3 different states in the last 10 years. NY, VA and MD (and I work in DC). That changed when we got Stat n Melo. That's gotta count for something right?
I dont think the Knicks became any less of a joke because even getting those guys it didnt translate into success.

Last night the Kings planned Lin better and he did his job. That impressed me. The faith in the team to pick it up when they tried to take him out the game. He's a very intelligent player. Terrible defender.

Scoooter
02-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Are you seriously counting playing Lin when the game has already been decided as being noteworthy?
Of course. He was an undrafted player who had gotten waived twice before joining the Knicks after any semblance of a training camp or preseason had come and gone. Factor in the lack of practices NBA teams are dealing with this year, and garbage minutes are all anyone would have given him. And if you're getting garbage minutes, then you're going against the other teams scrubs, and you better show something. He showed us that he needed to go to the D-League. Then he came back from the D-League, performed well in garbage time, and eventually worked his way up to starter. What, you think D'antoni should have been starting him in December? LOL, I can't believe that I actually have to remind some of you people that hindsight is 20/20.

franchize
02-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Rumor has it, it was Melo who asked that he get more playing time. Melo said immediately, he didnt wanna take credit for that...but he did say he "made the suggestion".

Scoooter
02-16-2012, 05:31 PM
First good thing he's done as a Knick. White text.

knickscity
02-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Of course. He was an undrafted player who had gotten waived twice before joining the Knicks after any semblance of a training camp or preseason had come and gone. Factor in the lack of practices NBA teams are dealing with this year, and garbage minutes are all anyone would have given him. And if you're getting garbage minutes, then you're going against the other teams scrubs, and you better show something. He showed us that he needed to go to the D-League. Then he came back from the D-League, performed well in garbage time, and eventually worked his way up to starter. What, you think D'antoni should have been starting him in December? LOL, I can't believe that I actually have to remind some of you people that hindsight is 20/20.
To be honest I would think that D'antoni would play a pg, regardless of who that pg is, but no, D'antoni declared Melo would be flirting with a triple double before the season even started, and that was with Billups on the team.

But I guess since he has the in game coaching skills of the waterboy, then I'm not surprised.

He only played Lin when he knew he was on the hot seat, and Melo confirmed he asked for Lin to play, and I just heard out of Lin's own mouth that Melo in fact do that.

So...I give D'antoni no credit for shit.

I'm only content to ride with him because Lin gives him credit, that's the only reason.

Scoooter
02-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, he definitely shouldn't have talked up Melo's game like that. He made it sound like the guy could be on Lebron's level, and that obviously will never be the case.

knickscity
02-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah, he definitely shouldn't have talked up Melo's game like that. He made it sound like the guy could be on Lebron's level, and that obviously will never be the case.
Not being funny, but what is Lebron's level?

He may be the best player in the NBA, but he has flaws as well.

All I really want for Melo is for him to work within the offense, ala Paul Pierce.

Scoooter
02-16-2012, 06:56 PM
He's the best player in the game, and far and away the best SF in the game. He's a legitimate superstar.

Actually, I would revise that: he isn't far and away better than Kevin Durant.

BlitzForce
02-17-2012, 03:55 AM
Some interesting sh*T :banana:

ESPN Sports Science - Lin as quick a John Wall...

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/12063/sport-science-jeremy-lin

To sum it up, he has a similar acceleration rate as John Wall. He has a faster average release time than Ray Allen (although since he is not very accurate that time may slow down as he develops a better shot).

The accelerate and quickness is what surprises me the most. He is on par with a player known for quickness and speed.

I recall in a game they said when New York tested him in some agility stuff for the draft his numbers were off the charts

The man who fixed Jeremy Lin's shot

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/give-school-girls-coach-an-assist-for-lin-1.3533733

Postby D Lee

universalstubs
02-17-2012, 02:21 PM
No disrespect, can't do that here bro.

franchize
02-17-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm wondering if Jeremy is playing so well because of what's around him or because of this system. People forget, Nate Robinson was dropping 18 a game off the bench in this system.

franchize
02-17-2012, 03:24 PM
First good thing he's done as a Knick. White text.

You must have become a Knicks fan 2 weeks ago then. Contrary to kneejerk belief, he's won more games for us than ANY current Knick.

knickscity
02-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm wondering if Jeremy is playing so well because of what's around him or because of this system. People forget, Nate Robinson was dropping 18 a game off the bench in this system.
It's the system, every pg in it has played better than expected.

But none of his work is possible if his teammates don't hit their shots.

Kinda why I think his best game was against the Lakers.

They claimed not to do their homework on him, and you can tell from the outset they lied big time.

Lin had every single jumper he wanted in that game, because they figured his scouting report was he can't shoot.

When he made his shots, they completely just gave up, with no backup plan, and then he could drive in the paint at will.

He seriously gotta work on driving to his left though, which is where the bulk of "his" turnovers come from.

franchize
02-17-2012, 04:03 PM
It's the system, every pg in it has played better than expected.

But none of his work is possible if his teammates don't hit their shots.

Kinda why I think his best game was against the Lakers.

They claimed not to do their homework on him, and you can tell from the outset they lied big time.

Lin had every single jumper he wanted in that game, because they figured his scouting report was he can't shoot.

When he made his shots, they completely just gave up, with no backup plan, and then he could drive in the paint at will.

He seriously gotta work on driving to his left though, which is where the bulk of "his" turnovers come from.

Derek Fisher came in that game with one mindset. I'm going to bully this Asian kid into thinking he can't play. I was impressed with Lin's poise. Fisher did nothing different from what the older cats at the park do to the young guys. Try to rough you up because they know they can't keep up. (Although I just had a birthday so I can't really talk :oldlol: )

BlitzForce
02-22-2012, 06:11 PM
WBUR Podcast

His shooting coach talks at 17:00 - about his shooting, his game, moves and other stuff like Amare's defence or lack of :)
He still has tricks up his sleeve...

http://onpoint.wbur.org/media-player?url=http://onpoint.wbur.org/2012/02/20/lin&title=Behind+The+Linsanity&pubdate=2012-02-20&segment=2&source=onpoint

Guests

Phil Taylor, senior writer, Sports Illustrated. He’s been following Jeremy Lin since his high school days

Doc Scheppler, He is the girl’s basketball coach at Pinewood high school in Los Altos, CA. He spent four months this past summer working with Jerem Lin on his game.

Jay Caspian Kang, editor at Grantland, which is owned by ESPN, and contributing writer to the New York times Magazine.

Frank Isola, the Knicks beatwriter for the New York Daily News.

added 12lbs, increase vertical 3.5 inches etc :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucApVmfE89s

http://i42.tinypic.com/eb1p5e.png

bluechox2
02-23-2012, 05:50 AM
biggest game for lin this year

Clutch
02-23-2012, 05:55 AM
biggest game for lin this year
Not just for Lin.
It's the biggest game of the year for the whole team.

Rameek
02-23-2012, 10:38 AM
I really dont think its a big game for the Knicks. I hope they dont put that much pressure on themselves to measure up to the Heat team clicking on all cylinders.

This is a game where I want to see who is going to step up and help Lin. I want them to win but I want to see who on the Knicks bring the energy and electricity. The amount of athletic bodies that Lin will face tonight might be to daunting of a task!

I will get hated on for this statement but I would have loved to see this game played when the Knicks were going good without Melo + Stat. It would have been electrifying!

knickscity
02-23-2012, 10:44 AM
I really dont think its a big game for the Knicks. I hope they dont put that much pressure on themselves to measure up to the Heat team clicking on all cylinders.

This is a game where I want to see who is going to step up and help Lin. I want them to win but I want to see who on the Knicks bring the energy and electricity. The amount of athletic bodies that Lin will face tonight might be to daunting of a task!

I will get hated on for this statement but I would have loved to see this game played when the Knicks were going good without Melo + Stat. It would have been electrifying!
I won't hate you for saying that last part, but come on man.:oldlol:

It's a big game no matter the result for the Knicks.

These are practice games for them, but I think this game will surprise quite a few.

I'm not predicting a win, but I don't think the Knicks will face the same fate of the other teams the Heat have played.

Those games were over by halftime.

Rameek
02-23-2012, 11:01 AM
I won't hate you for saying that last part, but come on man.:oldlol:

It's a big game no matter the result for the Knicks.

These are practice games for them, but I think this game will surprise quite a few.

I'm not predicting a win, but I don't think the Knicks will face the same fate of the other teams the Heat have played.

Those games were over by halftime.
Usually when I type something controversial I let it marinate for a while.....

I really think Lin made the Bteam play well above their abilities and I think they would have been uber confident played them close.

the only way its over by halftime if Lin gets utterly shut down and his teammates dont step up.

Do you see the rest of the team coming up SMALL?

franchize
02-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Only time I remember us dominating LeBron, Melo was on the court and was the star. I don't really like what I see out of him. I feel like he's deferring to much to please the haters. Saw the same shit outta Steph when he was here. I hope this is just him working back into the flow of the game.

I think Lin's success tonight will be determined by who guards him and who he guards. If Wade guards him, I think it's a wrap.Im Chalmers guards him, I think he can excel. Landry Fields and JR Smith's play will be paramount. If they get off to a good start, then they might decide to put Wade on one of them. If Miller or Battier lock them down, and allow Wade to guard Lin, I think it'll be a long night.

Lin ABSOLUTELY 100% HAS TO CUT DOWN HIS TURNOVERS TONIGHT! Miami is a terrific defensive team and probably top 2 with Philly in terms of playing passing lanes and getting out on the break. Any errant or lazy passes with become 2 points before you can say who's fault was that.

I look for Lin to come out hot and torch Chalmers.

Rameek
02-23-2012, 12:29 PM
OMG look at how many bodies they will run at Lin tonight.... Teams are game planning for Lin you cant tell me my boy Lin isnt a Superstar.... :banana:

LBJ, Wade, Chalmers taking turns running at him.... God I feel so sorry for this kid.

As much as I want Melo to get his, he still has to find his place in the offense. The Knicks cant win with him playing one on one basketball. I really dont think he is a stupid player but damn if you open shoot or drive or pass. All he has to do is be more decisive.

This sh!t aint rocket science.:rolleyes:

John382
02-23-2012, 12:42 PM
http://blognbasketball.com/2012/02/did-jeremy-save-dantonis-career/

do you think Jeremy saved D'Antoni's career?? he was headed for Florida to join Isaiah just 2 weeks ago hahaha:lol :lol :lol

Rameek
02-23-2012, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE]As we saw the other night against the New Jersey Nets, Carmelo Anthony and Amar

Rameek
02-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Does anyone find it interesting the LBJ wants to cover our best player tonight?

Melo better make him pay when he does that!:banana: :cheers: :bowdown:

Clutch
02-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Does anyone find it interesting the LBJ wants to cover our best player tonight?

Melo better make him pay when he does that!:banana: :cheers: :bowdown:
Of course he wants to guard Lin when Melo always owns him :oldlol:

Remember this ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_MY0qUt5CM

franchize
02-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Of course he wants to guard Lin when Melo always owns him :oldlol:

Remember this ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_MY0qUt5CM

Church!!! lmaoooooo

He was destroyin LeBron last year. That spin move he put on him was just disrespectful.

Clutch
02-26-2012, 03:22 PM
I decided to make a short Jeremy Lin mix so here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL45PO0NwQU

I hope you'll like it.

Da KO King
02-26-2012, 03:29 PM
NY Times piece on how Jeremy Lin went from undrafted Ivy Leaguer to NBA Star (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/sports/basketball/the-evolution-of-jeremy-lin-as-a-point-guard.html)

Clutch
02-27-2012, 10:52 AM
I decided to make a short Jeremy Lin mix so here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL45PO0NwQU

I hope you'll like it.
No one ? :confusedshrug:

Jasi
02-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Just watched it... Very good! I like them when they're not too long.
Two minutes is the right time.
The images are perfect also, good editing.

You will have to make one with Gallo :)

Clutch
02-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Just watched it... Very good! I like them when they're not too long.
Two minutes is the right time.
The images are perfect also, good editing.

You will have to make one with Gallo :)
Thanks.

Gallo with the Nuggets or with the Knicks ?
I have a few footage of him as a Knick stored on my computer.I could probably get a few from YouTube too.
On the other hand his every basket from this season is available to me.

I'll probably make something like the playoff promo when the regular season is over to hype us for the playoffs :D
It will probably be longer than 2 minutes though.

franchize
02-27-2012, 11:51 AM
No one ? :confusedshrug:

My POS replacement computer at work won't play video. I'll have to watch it when I get home. The replacement computer I was given when my original computer crashed is so old it has a floppy disk drive.

Jasi
02-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks.

Gallo with the Nuggets or with the Knicks ?
I have a few footage of him as a Knick stored on my computer.I could probably get a few from YouTube too.
On the other hand his every basket from this season is available to me.

I'll probably make something like the playoff promo when the regular season is over to hype us for the playoffs :D
It will probably be longer than 2 minutes though.

Nah I was just joking, nevermind (hence the white text).

But seriously, I'd be glad to watch the playoff promo!

Clutch
02-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Nah I was just joking, nevermind (hence the white text).

But seriously, I'd be glad to watch the playoff promo!
I know you're a big Gallo fan so I thought you were serious.

Playoffs are 2 months away,hopefully I can get even better at making video compilations.

My POS replacement computer at work won't play video. I'll have to watch it when I get home. The replacement computer I was given when my original computer crashed is so old it has a floppy disk drive.
My first computer had a floppy disk drive.

The current one is much better :rockon:
It's actually pretty good,even above average for my country.

Computer parts are much cheaper in the USA.

Jasi
02-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Well if you have to practice until the playoffs, make some Melo vid!

Clutch
02-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Well if you have to practice until the playoffs, make some Melo vid!
I might as well do a compilation of every layup Toney Douglas has missed this season or maybe a video of every time Amare got blocked :lol
It would be funny as hell
But seriously,I might do mixes for most of the Knicks players until the end of the season.
Novakaine is a must have :D

By the way,I'm not sure but I think that League Pass is free from February 28th to March 4th so if you want you'll be able to watch 2 Knicks games (against Cavaliers and Celtics) in great quality for free.

Here's the link,all you need to do is sign up tomorrow
http://www.nba.tv/nbatv/

Jasi
02-29-2012, 09:03 AM
By the way,I'm not sure but I think that League Pass is free from February 28th to March 4th so if you want you'll be able to watch 2 Knicks games (against Cavaliers and Celtics) in great quality for free.

Here's the link,all you need to do is sign up tomorrow
http://www.nba.tv/nbatv/

I already have a login, but I can't seem to find how to activate this promotion...
If I try and watch games, I am always redirected to the normal package offers :confusedshrug:

:cry:

Clutch
02-29-2012, 11:04 AM
I already have a login, but I can't seem to find how to activate this promotion...
If I try and watch games, I am always redirected to the normal package offers :confusedshrug:

:cry:
Try this

https://account.nba.com/leaguepass/broadband/?cid=nba_12_LPBB_LPBBNav

Click Try for free,I hope it will work.

Jasi
02-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Try this

https://account.nba.com/leaguepass/broadband/?cid=nba_12_LPBB_LPBBNav

Click Try for free,I hope it will work.

yesss! Thanks A LOT! :bowdown:

Clutch
02-29-2012, 02:11 PM
yesss! Thanks A LOT! :bowdown:
I'm glad it works.

Now you can watch the Knicks in HD :D
Well,at least for 2 games (Cavs and Celtics).

Celtics game is at 7 pm in Italy/Croatia,that's great news. :rockon:

Jasi
02-29-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm glad it works.

Now you can watch the Knicks in HD :D
Well,at least for 2 games (Cavs and Celtics).

Celtics game is at 7 pm in Italy/Croatia,that's great news. :rockon:

Uhm no, wait.
I had cheered because I actually had completed the registration and received the confirmation e-mail.
BUT... when I click on the link that they give in that mail, I am brought to an nba.tv website section where I am supposed to login AGAIN, but my username doesn't work.
So I made the account on nba.tv (using the same email address and the same login as the one I used in the link you sent me), but I still can't watch past games (only recaps) on nba.tv

Do you have an idea of how I can get through this? :confusedshrug:

Clutch
02-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Uhm no, wait.
I had cheered because I actually had completed the registration and received the confirmation e-mail.
BUT... when I click on the link that they give in that mail, I am brought to an nba.tv website section where I am supposed to login AGAIN, but my username doesn't work.
So I made the account on nba.tv (using the same email address and the same login as the one I used in the link you sent me), but I still can't watch past games (only recaps) on nba.tv

Do you have an idea of how I can get through this? :confusedshrug:
I think you're not able to watch the past games with free league pass.
But you'll be able to watch LIVE games.

Try to login at 7:30 PM (1:30 AM Italian time) and click on the Knicks game. You should be able to watch it.

That's the only explanation I have. If it won't work tonight then :cry:

Jasi
02-29-2012, 03:06 PM
I think you're not able to watch the past games with free league pass.
But you'll be able to watch LIVE games.

Try to login at 7:30 PM (1:30 AM Italian time) and click on the Knicks game. You should be able to watch it.

That's the only explanation I have. If it won't work tonight then :cry:

Ah ok, I'll try. Thanks!

Clutch
02-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Ah ok, I'll try. Thanks!
I hope it will work.
It would be really bad if you spent time and effort for nothing.

franchize
03-02-2012, 09:28 AM
He had a very solid and efficient game vs the Cavs. However, I don't like the fact that, when we play a team with a good PG, you can just automatically book them for 20+ points. He doesn't have to become Gary Payton but his D has to get better.

MightyWhitey
03-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I think he needs to be benched for his less than adequate performance today. Maybe Baron Davis can play starter for a few games. Maybe Lin needs this and it would be better for the team if he comes off the bench. What do you guys think?

Scoooter
03-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Trade him for Rondo.

Clutch
03-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Trade him for Rondo.
In a heartbeat.

franchize
03-04-2012, 09:56 PM
No thanks. I'll pass on Rondo. If I'm gonna have an overrated pg, at least let him be cheap lol

knickscity
03-04-2012, 10:21 PM
No thanks. I'll pass on Rondo. If I'm gonna have an overrated pg, at least let him be cheap lol
Not me, I'd do a Stat and Lin for Rondo and Bass immediately.

Rondo may be viewed as overrated by some, but there isn't 5 that are better.

Scoooter
03-04-2012, 10:56 PM
I would do Lin and Melo for Rondo and Pierce. I'd even throw in Toney Douglas because I'm so nice.

Sarcastic
03-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Lin and Melo for Rondo and Pierce.

:facepalm

Scoooter
03-04-2012, 10:57 PM
I edited it.

Sarcastic
03-04-2012, 11:12 PM
I edited it.

It's a little more tempting, but the Knicks will still have to pass. If you had thrown in Landry Fields, we might have gone for it.

franchize
03-04-2012, 11:42 PM
So you'd trade one of the best scorers in the league for one that's in his mid 30's? O ok....I get it:rolleyes:

Scoooter
03-05-2012, 12:15 AM
So you'd trade one of the best scorers in the league for one that's in his mid 30's? O ok....I get it:rolleyes:
I don't think his age is a problem. His smarts and craftiness will keep him good for another two or three years.

Sarcastic
03-05-2012, 01:25 AM

He wouldn't trade prime Jordan for Trent Tucker, because it would assure that Landry Fields remains in the starting lineup.

Scoooter
03-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Shumpert for Jordan. Off the bench.

Clutch
03-05-2012, 02:03 AM
Not me, I'd do a Stat and Lin for Rondo and Bass immediately.

Rondo may be viewed as overrated by some, but there isn't 5 that are better.
Please Grunnie,make this one happen. :bowdown:

Lin is good,especially at MSG.
But Rondo is on another level.

Draz
03-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Stat & Lin for Rondo & Bass .. sounds realllll good

Clutch
03-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Stat & Lin for Rondo & Bass .. sounds realllll good
It's that good that the Knicks would probably be charged for robbery if that one goes through :lol

franchize
03-05-2012, 10:15 AM
When the big 3 retire, Rondo will get exposed just like Lin, unless Boston brings in some talent. Say what you will about Rondo being gr8, but at the end of the day, no matter how good of a game he's having, you'd still rather let him shoot than either one of the big 3 get hot. And THAT'S why I say he's overrated. He's not getting triple doubles because he's that much better than his competition. He's doing it because, as a defense, you can't afford to focus your attention on him. If you do, the Celtics will blow you out.

Scoooter
03-05-2012, 02:03 PM
17 rebounds is still amazing for a 6 footer.

franchize
03-05-2012, 02:24 PM
17 rebounds is still amazing for a 6 footer.

Not to diminish it but it wasn't like he was competing with Centers for those rebounds. A lot of them were loose balls and attributed to the fact that Lin and Amare don't box out.

However, his stat line was impressive last night. I'll pass though. He can't shoot for $h!t, his passing is overrated and he can't hit a free throw to save his life. If I'm going to give up Stat and get back players (and not cap room), it's going to be for a guy I know can produce with or without Melo. I think Rondo's stats are exaggerated because of his teammates.

Jasi
03-05-2012, 02:29 PM
I've always had mixed feelings on Rondo and still can't make up my mind on whether he's a true star or just a product of the Big 3 Celtics.

I don't trust stats and I haven't seen enough of him throughout all his career so far to decide.

I think he's got great court vision and IQ and is a very good defender.
But giving your opponents the legit option to leave you wide open is not something I'd love from my PG.

MightyWhitey
03-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Maybe we can trade Pringles for Doc :bowdown:

MightyWhitey
03-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Lin should be benched. Too many people were telling me that he's just a rookie and that everyone should give him a break :rolleyes: I think Lin needs to be benched because it would be holding his game accountable. Stat should be benched as well. I wish we had a tough as steel coach who would hold people accountable for poor defense and poor game play. A lesson lived is a lesson learned.

knickscity
03-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Lin should be benched. Too many people were telling me that he's just a rookie and that everyone should give him a break :rolleyes: I think Lin needs to be benched because it would be holding his game accountable. Stat should be benched as well. I wish we had a tough as steel coach who would hold people accountable for poor defense and poor game play. A lesson lived is a lesson learned.
I think minutes should be awarded to the guys based on who is playing well.

hito da god
03-06-2012, 01:39 AM
i don't see why Lin should be benched, everybody's entitled to a bad game when you play as well as Lin has and he wasn't horrible against the celtics. Baron is playing well in limited minutes but i don't think he's in good enough shape to play over 25 mpg.

franchize
03-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Minutes and starting roles should be based on earned performance. Lin didn't necessarily put in ample work to acquire his starting role, but he damn sure did enough to keep it. While I'm not goo goo ga ga over him liek some of you are. His play shouldn't get him benched, especially since Baron has been turning over the ball just as much. I dont get why, after every game, we have to have turnover. Be patient guys. If we should be clamoring for any change, it should be a petition for D'Antoni to get fired. He's been CONSISTENTLY bad!

Clutch
03-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Minutes and starting roles should be based on earned performance. Lin didn't necessarily put in ample work to acquire his starting role, but he damn sure did enough to keep it. While I'm not goo goo ga ga over him liek some of you are. His play shouldn't get him benched, especially since Baron has been turning over the ball just as much. I dont get why, after every game, we have to have turnover. Be patient guys. If we should be clamoring for any change, it should be a petition for D'Antoni to get fired. He's been CONSISTENTLY bad!
Even if Baron outplayed Lin he said himself that he isn't healthy enough to play more than 15-20 minutes a night.

So Lin will remain our starter.

Lin needs to play his game.He's looking for his teammates too much,he should attack the basket and make plays from that.
Baron also throws too many flashy and unnecessary passes which often lead to turnovers.

I agree about firing D'Antoni. Hopefully he'll be gone after the season.

Rameek
03-07-2012, 09:28 AM
I think the league has made adjustments to Lin but the Knicks hasnt made adjustments to the adjustments.

Scoooter
03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't think his court vision is as good as we thought it was. Better-than-Toney-Douglas can still need a lot of work.

Rameek
03-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Why cant D'Antoni run screens and picks for Lin to free him up? Parker gets like 8 screens and picks for massive help!

BrooklynZoo
03-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Why cant D'Antoni run screens and picks for Lin to free him up? Parker gets like 8 screens and picks for massive help!

the spurs are not focusing on lin the way the last few opponents have. lin can get into the lane whenever he wants vs the spurs yet almost all of his shots are from the perimeter

Scoooter
03-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Linsanity is officially dead. Now we just have an undrafted, twice-cut Ivy Leaguer running point. :lol

franchize
03-08-2012, 10:18 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0084/4183/dennis_green_feature.jpg

He Is Who I Thought He Was!

Sarcastic
03-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Jeremy Lin vs Carmelo Anthony is Danilo Gallinari vs Wilson Chandler, 2.0

franchize
03-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Jeremy Lin vs Carmelo Anthony is Danilo Gallinari vs Wilson Chandler, 2.0

It's really not because theres even less of a comparison lol. The main knocks on Carmelo are his ball distribution and his defense but it's been Lin who's been getting lit up against the big competition.

Sarcastic
03-08-2012, 03:39 PM
It's really not because theres even less of a comparison lol. The main knocks on Carmelo are his ball distribution and his defense but it's been Lin who's been getting lit up against the big competition.

I meant in the rift they create within the fanbase.

Clutch
03-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Frank Isola ‏ @FisolaNYDN
Jeremy Lin is out again and Mike Woodson says he doesn't know "when" Lin and Amar'e are going to return and "if" they are going to return

http://i.imgur.com/eSX5q.gif

franchize
03-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Crazy part is, I dont even remember Lin getting hurt. When they originally said he was out,I was like "For what?" This shortened season is taking it's toll on the players throughout the league man. What's sad about it is, Stern could care less. Anytime theres as many pulled hammy's and groins as there is in the NFL, you know it's because of a lack of training camp.

Clutch
03-30-2012, 01:32 PM
It seems like he's not out for the season.

They are hoping he'll be ready for two road games we play next week.

knickscity
03-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Woodson is about to get a copy of Dolan's "media policy" manual.:D

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm477/ai_love_mm/TUMBLR/STFU.gif

franchize
03-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Lmao:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol: :roll:

Clutch
03-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Lin,please get healthy soon.We can't stand Baron playing major minutes for much longer.

BrooklynZoo
03-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Lin,please get healthy soon.We can't stand Baron playing major minutes for much longer.

there are a bunch of people who make a case for Baron over Lin, including Michael Kay who makes it sound like an obvious choice. Lets see if Baron can pick it up cause he definitely didnt make much of a case tonight

knickscity
03-31-2012, 01:06 AM
there are a bunch of people who make a case for Baron over Lin, including Michael Kay who makes it sound like an obvious choice. Lets see if Baron can pick it up cause he definitely didnt make much of a case tonight
It's hard to listen to Kay talk basketball, because he knows very little about it.

But there are alot of media folks that want Baron the starter.

Why, I have no clue.

Clutch
03-31-2012, 05:16 AM
Baron is a slow motion,chucking version of Jeremy Lin.

knickscity
03-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Howard Beck
Jeremy Lin is out 6 weeks w/small,chronic meniscal tear in knee, team says

The Ownage
03-31-2012, 06:42 PM
So do we start giving Douglas more minutes? Davis/Bibby rotation at PG cant do it alone..

Or maybe see a lineup of Shump/Fields/Melo/Novak/Chandler?

BrooklynZoo
03-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Howard Beck
Jeremy Lin is out 6 weeks w/small,chronic meniscal tear in knee, team says

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-knicks-jeremy-lin-weeks-partially-torn-meniscus-surgery-article-1.1053925

knickscity
03-31-2012, 06:43 PM
So do we start giving Douglas more minutes? Davis/Bibby rotation at PG cant do it alone..

Or maybe see a lineup of Shump/Fields/Melo/Novak/Chandler?
How does no Lin=Novak starting? Or is that just a lineup in the game.

The Ownage
03-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Sorry I meant for periods of time within games. It'll be different when Jeffries and Amare are back.

Clutch
03-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Cursed franchise.