PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NBA All-Star reserves officially announced

Grinder
02-09-2012, 04:03 AM
My picks:
East: L. Williams, J. Johnson, Irving, Pierce, J. Smith, Deng, Hibbert
West: Westbrook, Parker, Nash, Love, Aldridge, Millsap, Marc

My reasoning behind the picks (http://hoopsgrind.com/2012/02/09/selecting-the-2012-all-star-reserves/)

Official Picks
East:
Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Andre Iguodala
Paul Pierce
Luol Deng
Chris Bosh
Roy Hibbert

West:
Steve Nash
Tony Parker
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Love
Lamarcus Aldridge
Dirk Nowitzki
Marc Gasol

StateOfMind12
02-09-2012, 04:32 AM
East:
G: Deron Williams (It should be Irving though but Williams will get it due to reputation.)
G: Joe Johnson
F: Paul Pierce
F: Chris Bosh
C: Roy Hibbert
Wild Card: Luol Deng
Wild Card: Andre Iguodala

West:
G: Russell Westbrook
G: Steve Nash
F: Kevin Love
F: LaMarcus Aldridge
C: Marc Gasol
Wild Card: Tony Parker
Wild Card: Paul Milsap

West was tough but the East was kind of easy for me. By the way Grinder, I think you should answer the Ask Grinder anything about basketball thread cause I think I asked you a question there and you never got me back.

Grinder
02-09-2012, 04:52 AM
East:
G: Deron Williams (It should be Irving though but Williams will get it due to reputation.)
G: Ray Allen

West:

West was tough but the East was kind of easy for me. By the way Grinder, I think you should answer the Ask Grinder anything about basketball thread cause I think I asked you a question there and you never got me back.

Yeah, my bad, I'll get to it soon. I've been, and am currently, out of the country and on the other side of the world so I've been pretty busy.

I just realized I missed Chris Bosh, wow....that was a glaring omission. I'll have to add that in and figure out whether to take out Smith or Deng. Or maybe I'll just plug him in at center and take out Hibbert. :rolleyes:

Toizumi
02-09-2012, 04:57 AM
The all-star reserves will be announced later tonight. Who do you guys think should be selected?

My picks (reasons and criteria can be found here) (http://hoopsgrind.com/2012/02/09/selecting-the-2012-all-star-reserves/)
East: L. Williams, J. Johnson, Irving, Pierce, J. Smith, Deng, Hibbert
West: Westbrook, Parker, Nash, Love, Aldridge, Millsap, Marc

Read the article before you crucify me for my picks please. :D

Good article and good picks. No real big surprises.
A lot of analysts don't have Nash making it, but I also feel that he should. His team is struggling, but he's playing great still. The same goes for Deron Williams (I understand you leaving him off though). You mention his bad shooting percentages and team record, but take into a account that the second best player on his squad is either Marshon Brooks (a rookie) or Kris Humphries, with all due respect. The Nets are horrible, but Deron is still Deron and can mean trouble for any team on any given night.

Also, no mention of Chris Bosh in your article.. You might have overlooked him?

My picks are:
East: Deron Williams, Lou Williams, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Luol Deng, Chris Bosh, Roy Hibbert
West: Westbrook, Nash, Parker, Ellis, Love, Aldridge, Marc Gasol (Is it possible to have 4 guards in? IMO Ellis really deserves this slot, based on individual play)

Pushxx
02-09-2012, 04:58 AM
As far as Celtics go, Pierce is a lock, Rondo is 50/50, and Ray won't make it 100%.

Respect to Jesus, though. :D

Clutch
02-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Jeremy Lin :rockon:

alenleomessi
02-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Irving all star? Are u kidding me?

CLTHornets4eva
02-09-2012, 05:42 AM
East:
G: Ray Allen

West:

It looks pretty good except for the fact that I don't think both Tony Parker and Steve Nash make it and I think Dirk is a wildcard. In the east I think Josh Smith should make it maybe over Deng and I don't think Allen should make it with 14-2-2. I could see Johnson making it there.

Toizumi
02-09-2012, 05:43 AM

I don't have him making the team.. but he's putting up great numbers, on a Cavs team that is currently one win away from a playoff spot in the East. Not a bad pick by the OP.

alenleomessi
02-09-2012, 05:56 AM
I don't have him making the team.. but he's putting up great numbers, on a Cavs team that is currently one win away from a playoff spot in the East. Not a bad pick by the OP.
Lebron didnt make the all star in his rookie season what makes you think Irving will.
And btw the Cavs just beat the Clippers without him

StateOfMind12
02-09-2012, 05:56 AM
It looks pretty good except for the fact that I don't think both Tony Parker and Steve Nash make it and I think Dirk is a wildcard. In the east I think Josh Smith should make it maybe over Deng and I don't think Allen should make it with 14-2-2. I could see Johnson making it there.
I actually forgot about Joe Johnson to be honest with you. I would replace Ray Allen with Joe Johnson then. I hope people remember that the ASG reserved is not selected by default position such as PG, SG, SF, PF, C, it is selected simply as G, F, and C.

This is a tough season to select the all-star players but I suppose that is what happens in a shortened season.

Toizumi
02-09-2012, 06:05 AM
Lebron didnt make the all star in his rookie season what makes you think Irving will.
And btw the Cavs just beat the Clippers without him

As I posted, he doesnt make my all star team. However, it's not ridiculous to think he might. Who do you have as your guards in the East? There's some good guards, but Irving is right up there with him (considering individual and team succes). Also, this has nothing to do with LeBron not making the team as a rook.. Different year, different position.

alenleomessi
02-09-2012, 06:12 AM
As I posted, he doesnt make my all star team. However, it's not ridiculous to think he might. Who do you have as your guards in the East? There's some good guards, but Irving is right up there with him (considering individual and team succes). Also, this has nothing to do with LeBron not making the team as a rook.. Different year, different position.
rondo,jj and deron

StateOfMind12
02-09-2012, 06:13 AM
rondo,jj and deron
JJ and Deron, yes, and I do agree with those two picks. Rondo though? Absolutely not. Irving is better than Rondo or will be better than Rondo by next year at the latest.

CLTHornets4eva
02-09-2012, 06:14 AM
I actually forgot about Joe Johnson to be honest with you. I would replace Ray Allen with Joe Johnson then. I hope people remember that the ASG reserved is not selected by default position such as PG, SG, SF, PF, C, it is selected simply as G, F, and C.

This is a tough season to select the all-star players but I suppose that is what happens in a shortened season.

As I am a John Hollinger-like Hawks season ticket holder, I realize how easy it can be to forget the Hawks. :oldlol:

Toizumi
02-09-2012, 06:44 AM
rondo,jj and deron

Rondo is a better player than Irving right now, but is not close to having as good a season:

He has missed 1/3rd of the season so far.
The Celtics are 6-2 without him and 8-8 with him.
The Celtics are in an unimpressive 7th place out East.

RazorBaLade
02-09-2012, 06:46 AM
i just hope pau doesnt make it so he can wake the f up

All Net
02-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Be good if deng made it but highly doubt he will...

alenleomessi
02-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Rondo is a better player than Irving right now, but is not close to having as good a season:

then who the hell do you have making it? lou? jennings? :confusedshrug:

Rnbizzle
02-09-2012, 08:03 AM
If Deng does not make it I'm boycotting the entire All-Star weekend.

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2012, 08:08 AM

The reason why the Cs have the records they do w/without Rondo is that Pierce started the season on the bench with an injury and as he got healthier came back to the point where he just won player of the week. And if the Cs record is to be held against Rondo then Irving can't be discussed, his team is 10-14. This is a weird season with the lockout and the way the Cs have been affected by Pierce not being healthy at season's start, Rondo shouldn't be punished because the team hasn't dominated (but is still good). Deron Williams is on most lists and his team is terrible.

Laimbeer_Rodman
02-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Rudy Gay deserves a spot .
Iggy too .

GOBB
02-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Rudy Gay deserves a spot .
Iggy too .

:no:

chips93
02-09-2012, 08:56 AM
East:
Forwards:
Chris Bosh
Paul Pierce

Guards:
Deron Williams
Andre Igoudala

Center:
Roy Hibbert

Wildcards:
Joe Johnson
Luol Deng

West:
Forwards:
Kevin Love
Lamarcus Aldridge

Guards:
Steve Nash
Russell Westbrook

Center:
Marc Gasol

Wildcards:
Monta Ellis
Tony Parker

Grinder
02-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Good article and good picks. No real big surprises.
A lot of analysts don't have Nash making it, but I also feel that he should. His team is struggling, but he's playing great still. The same goes for Deron Williams (I understand you leaving him off though). You mention his bad shooting percentages and team record, but take into a account that the second best player on his squad is either Marshon Brooks (a rookie) or Kris Humphries, with all due respect. The Nets are horrible, but Deron is still Deron and can mean trouble for any team on any given night.

Also, no mention of Chris Bosh in your article.. You might have overlooked him?

My picks are:
East: Deron Williams, Lou Williams, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Luol Deng, Chris Bosh, Roy Hibbert
West: Westbrook, Nash, Parker, Ellis, Love, Aldridge, Marc Gasol (Is it possible to have 4 guards in? IMO Ellis really deserves this slot, based on individual play)

Thanks for reading. Leaving Deron off was tough for me, because I know when he's healthy and playing well, he's just as good as Chris Paul and Derrick Rose, his play just hasn't been all-star level this season in my opinion. Bosh, I completely overlooked, but I can't figure out who I'd leave off. The Heat having two all stars in Wade and LeBron is enough.

I thought long and hard about Ellis, but again, I couldn't find a guy to leave off, especially a forward in what I think is the best position in the league.

Sarcastic
02-09-2012, 10:59 AM
You really think the East is gonna take 5 small forwards?

BlackWhiteGreen
02-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Id rather no Celtics players get in, but Rondo likely wont due to his injury anyway so itll just be Pierce. Irving better than Rondo? Did everyone miss Rondo getting 33-12 against the Knicks and 22-12 against the Heat? (unsure on numbers but around that).

BlackWhiteGreen
02-09-2012, 11:03 AM
The reason why the Cs have the records they do w/without Rondo is that Pierce started the season on the bench with an injury and as he got healthier came back to the point where he just won player of the week. And if the Cs record is to be held against Rondo then Irving can't be discussed, his team is 10-14. This is a weird season with the lockout and the way the Cs have been affected by Pierce not being healthy at season's start, Rondo shouldn't be punished because the team hasn't dominated (but is still good). Deron Williams is on most lists and his team is terrible.

And we have played some pretty awful teams recently. Have we beaten anyone good besides the Pacers?

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2012, 11:15 AM
And we have played some pretty awful teams recently. Have we beaten anyone good besides the Pacers?
Orlando.

Toizumi
02-09-2012, 11:32 AM

I'm not saying Rondo makes the Celtics worse. Just pointing out that they didnt have a great record with him.
I aslo posted that I still feel that Rondo is better than Irving, but neither makes the ASG in my opinion. if I had to pick between Rondo and Irving, I'd pick the rookie, who has so far led the Cavs to a respectable (and surprising) record over Rondo, who has missed a third of the season so far and hasn't been as valuable for the C's so far (due to missing games also), as Irving has been for the Cavs.

Pierce has been great and I'd be pissed if he doesn't make the all star team.

Thanks for reading. Leaving Deron off was tough for me, because I know when he's healthy and playing well, he's just as good as Chris Paul and Derrick Rose, his play just hasn't been all-star level this season in my opinion. Bosh, I completely overlooked, but I can't figure out who I'd leave off. The Heat having two all stars in Wade and LeBron is enough.

I thought long and hard about Ellis, but again, I couldn't find a guy to leave off, especially a forward in what I think is the best position in the league.

I have 4 small guys on my reserves. I'd leave Ellis of first and take Westbrook, Nash, Parker over him. Millsap has been great, but I feel that the Jazz succes is a true team effort. Same with the Nuggets. Hard to reward one player for the succes of those teams.

About Bosh - wouldn't you leave of Josh Smith or Luol Deng to take him?

BlackWhiteGreen
02-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Orlando.

True. We just made them look bad :D

RRR3
02-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Monta Ellis and Al Jefferson have never been all-stars. Something wrong there IMO.

Sarcastic
02-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Tyson Chandler deserves to make it. 12 ppg, 9.9 rbg, 1.3 bpg, 69.7% shooting, and has improved the Knick's defense.

Hernando
02-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Anderson Varejao deserves to make Centers, plays with pure energy, good numbers. Doc Rivers and Stan Van Gundy voted for him.

alenleomessi
02-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Tyson Chandler deserves to make it. 12 ppg, 9.9 rbg, 1.3 bpg, 69.7% shooting, and has improved the Knick's defense.
Yeah right two all stars from a team that is 4 games under .500
That would also mean no all star from Pacers who are doing great

alenleomessi
02-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Anderson Varejao deserves to make Centers, plays with pure energy, good numbers. Doc Rivers and Stan Van Gundy voted for him.
oh i see where this is going

deandre should make it too

Shade8780
02-09-2012, 12:02 PM
As far as Celtics go, Pierce is a lock, Rondo is 50/50, and Ray won't make it 100%.

Respect to Jesus, though. :D
:rolleyes:

FatComputerNerd
02-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Yes :rockon:

Droid101
02-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Who cares about team record?

This is the All Star game. Not the "I play on a team with a good record" game.

I want to see the best players. Not a decent player who happens to be on a team that is good.

Duranthebest
02-09-2012, 01:58 PM

I want to see the best players. Not a decent player who happens to be on a team that is good.

Unfortnunately, this is has been the theme the last couple of seasons. So instead of seeing Paul Pierce(who is playing like the 3rd best SF in the nba), we might end up with a combination of Iguodala, Smith, Deng and Granger. None of these players are currently playing better than Pierce. This is setting up to be the worst eastern reserve list ever.

SmackOrH.A.K
02-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Rockets are 4th in the west right now. Lowry deserves a spot.

bootsy
02-09-2012, 03:28 PM
East:

No.

Droid101
02-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Rockets are 4th in the west right now. Lowry deserves a spot.
No he doesn't!!! Team record doesn't ****ing matter! Because he's on a really deep team that is playing well together, doesn't mean he's a better player this season than Steve Nash or Russell Westbrook!

:rant :rant :rant

LockoutOver11
02-09-2012, 03:45 PM

word... I wanna see franchise players. Not players with less than 30 minutes a game or players like Deng, or Lou Williams... and maybe some that can put on a show.

Give me

Rondo, Deron, Johnson, Pierce, Iggy, (Smith > Granger), (Roy > Tyson)

Parker, WBrook, Jet>Ellis, KMartin>Gay, Aldridge, Gallinari>Al, Marc >Love

StroShow4
02-09-2012, 03:57 PM
I have D Williams, JJ, Pierce, Bosh, Hibbert, Deng, and Irving in the East. In the West, Westbrook, Lowry (you can put Nash here if you want, I've got no problem with that), Aldridge, Love, Gasol, Millsap, and Parker.

RRR3
02-09-2012, 04:00 PM
word... I wanna see franchise players. Not players with less than 30 minutes a game or players like Deng, or Lou Williams... and maybe some that can put on a show.

Give me

Rondo, Deron, Johnson, Pierce, Iggy, (Smith > Granger), (Roy > Tyson)

Parker, WBrook, Jet>Ellis, KMartin>Gay, Aldridge, Gallinari>Al, Marc >Love
:roll:

StateOfMind12
02-09-2012, 04:14 PM
No.
I didn't realize that the Nets are the 9th seed in the East now to be honest with you and that the Cavs are now the 10th seed.

My argument for Irving was going to be how he turned this terrible Cavs team around and made them possible playoff contenders again. Irving is putting up just as good, if not better numbers than Deron though. Deron is averaging about 10 more mpg than Irving too. I'm not sure about the exact stats and I'm not going to get them but I'm more than positive Irving' per 36 minutes numbers are better than Deron's per 36 minutes numbers.

Deron will get in though but I felt like Irving should have be an all-star this season for a while now but while Deron has kind of been a last second thought.

Bigsmoke
02-09-2012, 04:17 PM

yea Roy Hibbert needs to be on there.

Whoah10115
02-09-2012, 05:13 PM
There really should be 15. I don't get 12.

LockoutOver11
02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
:roll:

u done hoe?

BlackWhiteGreen
02-09-2012, 07:48 PM
So far I've seen there's no Rondo, Marc made it but Pau didn't, Nash and Westbrook are in, LMA is there, and so is Joe Johnson. All on twitter, reputable writers

Edit: no Jennings

All Net
02-09-2012, 07:53 PM
So far I've seen there's no Rondo, Marc made it but Pau didn't, Nash and Westbrook are in, LMA is there, and so is Joe Johnson. All on twitter, reputable writers

Edit: no Jennings

No Pau? can't say i'm surprised...

BlackWhiteGreen
02-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Also, Ray Allen has said he won't be in 3pt contest if he's not in the AS game, according to Scott Souza.

sixer6ad
02-09-2012, 07:58 PM

If you watched him play consistently and worried not at all about reputation of Rondo or Deron Williams, you would have him on the team. It's not what this game IS about, but if it was you would have him on there. He's the real deal who will eventually pass both these players in reputation.

BlackWhiteGreen
02-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Doc has said Pierce is in. Guessing he's the only Celtic in, then.

Tony Parker is in, too.

Duranthebest
02-09-2012, 08:09 PM
:hammertime:

All Net
02-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge and Russell Westbrook headlined the reserves for the Western Conference All-Star team.

Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker, Steve Nash and Marc Gasol rounded out the West roster, which was announced Thursday.

ESPN

alenleomessi
02-09-2012, 08:14 PM
i got all of West picks right, the East is tricky though

Clocian-IGN
02-09-2012, 08:17 PM
O SHIT LU MADE IT :bowdown:

All Net
02-09-2012, 08:41 PM
NEW YORK -- Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce overcame slow starts to return to the All-Star game, but the lengthy runs of Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan are over.

Nowitzki was chosen Thursday to his 11th straight All-Star game, despite his lowest scoring average since his second NBA season. Pierce has come on after a slow start caused by a foot injury and was picked for the 10th time.

But Garnett wasn't chosen after 14 consecutive selections, and Duncan was left out after 13 in a row. Other All-Star regulars such as Ray Allen and Amare Stoudemire will be home, giving way to five first-timers: LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Andre Iguodala, Roy Hibbert, and Luol Deng.

Also headed to Orlando for the Feb. 26 game are Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson and Deron Williams.

http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2012/story/_/id/7559974/lamarcus-aldridge-marc-gasol-first-time-nba-all-star-selections

KOBEtherealKing
02-09-2012, 08:42 PM
I don't care that pau didn't make but he's been playing better than dirk.

flipogb
02-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Im glad Iggy,Hibbet,Deng made it

BlackVVaves
4 point guards in the West this year made the team. That's pretty interesting considering the West used to be known for it's big men.

UtahJazzFan88
Tony Parker, really? He got in the All-Star game because of some really good games in the past 2-3 weeks.

RedBlackAttack
02-09-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm glad Kyrie didn't make it. At this point in his career, having that week off following this absurdly condensed first half of the season will be much needed. When he gets more accustomed to a regular NBA schedule there will be plenty of time for him to earn All-Star nods.

Paintballer8791
02-09-2012, 08:50 PM
My picks would be:

East: Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Chris Bosh, Roy Hibbert, Brandon Jennings, Greg Monroe

West: Russell Westbrook, Monta Ellis, Kevin Love, Marc Gasol, Lamarcus Aldridge, Marcin Gortat, Tony Parker

I know there isn't a real reserve small forward, but they could play Kobe at SF when Durant is out and play a PG at SG if need be.

Kujo
02-09-2012, 08:52 PM
The Roy Hibbert pick was a surprise to me. Slim pickings for C's in the East after Dwight. I guess he benefited from Horford being hurt, but Hibbert is playing the best ball of his career.

Happy for the Luol Deng pick. Well deserved.

BlackVVaves
02-09-2012, 08:54 PM
My picks would be:

East: Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Chris Bosh, Roy Hibbert, Brandon Jennings, Greg Monroe

West: Russell Westbrook, Monta Ellis, Kevin Love, Marc Gasol, Lamarcus Aldridge, Marcin Gortat, Tony Parker

I know there isn't a real reserve small forward, but they could play Kobe at SF when Durant is out and play a PG at SG if need be.

Considering Steve Nash is the reason why Gortat has been producing the way he has offensively, I find it funny that you left Nash off your list but inserted Gortat.

Paintballer8791
02-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Considering Steve Nash is the reason why Gortat has been producing the way he has offensively, I find it funny that you left Nash off your list but inserted Gortat.
there are reasons I left Nash off. Which are- he doesn't score that much and there would have already been 3 capable point guards on the team already. Lastly, I also think picking Nash is a lifetime achievement award, which I don't agree with, though Nash has had a great season for a distributor.

Bosnian Sajo
02-09-2012, 08:59 PM
WTF Gay and Gasol didn't make the West? Amare missed out in the East??...Iggy averaging 13ppg made the allstar game, and Luol, who missed like half the season, is in it....Granger missed out too, yet his role player Hibbert made it..Nowitzki made it just cause he was MVP, Pierce doesn't deserve to be there either.

RRR3
02-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Monta Ellis robbed. Again. :facepalm

Suckafree
02-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Tony Parker, really? He got in the All-Star game because of some really good games in the past 2-3 weeks.

Dudes averaging 19/8 on the second best team in the west and the third best in the league.
Tony Parker ABSOLUTELY deserves to be there

BlackVVaves
02-09-2012, 09:11 PM
there are reasons I left Nash off. Which are- he doesn't score that much and there would have already been 3 capable point guards on the team already. Lastly, I also think picking Nash is a lifetime achievement award, which I don't agree with, though Nash has had a great season for a distributor.

Valid point. I don't agree with the sentiment of leaving him off, but I understand your stance.

QuebecBaller
02-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Is it the first time that KG is not an all-star?

KGMN
02-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Kevin Love told Zgoda that he's competing in 3-pt SO.

KGMN
02-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Is it the first time that KG is not an all-star?
No.

BlackVVaves
02-09-2012, 09:39 PM
WTF Gay and Gasol didn't make the West? Amare missed out in the East??...Iggy averaging 13ppg made the allstar game, and Luol, who missed like half the season, is in it....Granger missed out too, yet his role player Hibbert made it..Nowitzki made it just cause he was MVP, Pierce doesn't deserve to be there either.

I didn't know your ability to score was the sole determining factor when selecting All Stars.

DMV2
02-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't think Deron or Dirk should be there.

EricGordon23
02-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I don't think Deron or Dirk should be there.

Derons been balling hes just been playing with scrubs theres only so much he can do

Whoah10115
02-09-2012, 10:21 PM

He's been playing great the entire season.

So you're calling out Dirk, Granger, and, worst of all, Paul Pierce...then asking about Amare?

BTW, Granger is the 3rd best player, at best, on his team this season.

(e)
02-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Nice seeing Deng make it. He really deserves to be recognized as an All-Star.

Also cool seeing Iggy make it.

Paintballer8791
02-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Valid point. I don't agree with the sentiment of leaving him off, but I understand your stance.
Ok cool, I can't really argue about Nash having a allstar caliber season, but due to the circumstances I felt that roster spot would be better used elsewhere and reward another allstar worthy player with their first selection.

StateOfMind12
02-10-2012, 12:05 AM
East:
G: Joe Johnson

West:

:banana: Nice....I was only off about Dirk.

Aussie Dunker
02-10-2012, 05:35 AM
The Roy Hibbert pick was a surprise to me. Slim pickings for C's in the East after Dwight. I guess he benefited from Horford being hurt, but Hibbert is playing the best ball of his career.

Happy for the Luol Deng pick. Well deserved.

Probably a bit of a homer pick, but Monroe over Hibbert could be a legit claim right? Averages more points, rebounds, assists, steals, FG%, FT%. But playing on a scrubber team probably doesn't help his cause whilst Hibbert is anchoring a pretty good pacers squad...

fefe
02-10-2012, 05:45 AM
So for full rosters we got:

EAST
Rose / DWilliams
Wade / JJohnson
James / Pierce / Deng / Iguodala
Anthony / Bosh
Howard / Hibbert

WEST
Paul / Westbrook / Nash / Parker
Kobe
Durant
Griffin / Aldridge / Love / Dirk
Bynum / Gasol

josh99
02-10-2012, 06:36 AM
So for full rosters we got:

EAST
Rose / DWilliams
Wade / JJohnson
James / Pierce / Deng / Iguodala
Anthony / Bosh
Howard / Hibbert

WEST
Paul / Westbrook / Nash / Parker
Kobe
Durant
Griffin / Aldridge / Love / Dirk
Bynum / Gasol
:oldlol:

blablabla
02-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Hibbert All Star:applause: :applause: :applause:

Toizumi
02-10-2012, 10:21 AM
My picks are:

I had the wrong Sixer in the East (Lou Will over Iggy) and had Ellis over Nowitzki (but I figured he wouldn't make it. There'd be too many guards).

It's A VC3!!!
02-10-2012, 11:17 AM
For all the people who are stupid enough ( yes stupid) to say that Dwill doesn't deserve to be an all-star needs to stop posting. Dwills numbers are all star numbers. Yes the Nets are a losing team, but in the minimal 8 wins the Nets obtained Dwill is averaging 27 ppg and 10 apg. He is doing everything he is capable of doing with a depleted roster. Why should Dwill be snubbed because a person gets injured every week for the Nets. If just Brook Lopez was healthy the Nets would easily have 4-5 more wins minimum. He is putting up the numbers like he always has been, although this season he has never had to carry such weight on his shoulders because everyone on the Nets gets injured.

chips93
02-10-2012, 03:48 PM
East:
Forwards:
Chris Bosh
Paul Pierce

Guards:
Deron Williams
Andre Igoudala

Center:
Roy Hibbert

Wildcards:
Joe Johnson
Luol Deng

West:
Forwards:
Kevin Love
Lamarcus Aldridge

Guards:
Steve Nash
Russell Westbrook

Center:
Marc Gasol

Wildcards:
Monta Ellis
Tony Parker

almost perfect

ellis should have made it over dirk.

TKstyle
02-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Pretty standard selections on the bench. Hibbert was the big :wtf: for me. He's averaging 13.5ppg and 9.7rpg, which for me isn't enough to warrent an all-star game roster spot. Bogut missing with injuries and personal issues, Lopez with injury, Horford with injury... i suppose SOMEONE had to be picked as dwight's back-up!

Josh Smith was my glaring omission.

no real complaints with West reserves. Al Jefferson probably deserved a spot, but M.Gasol, Love and Aldridge all deserve their spots aswell.

Whoah10115
02-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Pretty standard selections on the bench. Hibbert was the big :wtf: for me. He's averaging 13.5ppg and 9.7rpg, which for me isn't enough to warrent an all-star game roster spot. Bogut missing with injuries and personal issues, Lopez with injury, Horford with injury... i suppose SOMEONE had to be picked as dwight's back-up!

Josh Smith was my glaring omission.

no real complaints with West reserves. Al Jefferson probably deserved a spot, but M.Gasol, Love and Aldridge all deserve their spots aswell.

Hibbert has been terrific. He's playing limited minutes on a team that plays a paced and super team-oriented type of ball (ugly right now). Greg Monroe has played more minutes and therefore better volume stats, but consider that Hibbert is not only doing his on a good team but that he's doing it in that system. The context of stats have to be taken into consideration.