PDA

View Full Version : jeremy lin breaks ish again!!!

inclinerator
02-11-2012, 11:33 PM
we are not worthy

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

kurple
02-11-2012, 11:39 PM
what was it 8-25 and 6 TO's?

this is the beginning of the end

ImmortalNemesis
the swagfather :bowdown: :bowdown:

strifed169
give props to novak, tied the game up ray allen style

inclinerator
02-11-2012, 11:40 PM
give props to novak, tied the game up ray allen style
with the goat pass from lin
:bowdown: :bowdown:

DuMa
the only other player to break ISH is Dirk.

christian1923

u mad cuz he wasnt on our team last season and we couldnt trade him to denver also!?

Faptastrophe
02-11-2012, 11:41 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmonm96J6c1qgvqxoo1_500.gif

imdaman99
02-11-2012, 11:42 PM
lol is he gonna break the internet every game he plays?

SpecialQue
u mad cuz he wasnt on our team last season and we couldnt trade him to denver also!?

:roll:

kurple
:roll:

good one

All Net
02-11-2012, 11:43 PM
The Knicks team had a big part in this too...if Wolves win this doesn't happen.

Gear2

To his merit this is his 5th game in what? Like 8 days or something? Lin does not possess the endurance of a starter yet; near the end of this game he was exhaling deeply and couldn't seem to catch his breath. Hopefully he can rest up and work on his conditioning.

Killbot
Linsidehoops baby!

thatoneblackguy
02-11-2012, 11:44 PM
repped

Dwyane Rose
02-11-2012, 11:44 PM

20 points
8 assists
6 rebounds (2 offensive)
3 steals

didn't turn over the ball in the last 24. (ahem... Rubio)
hit the game-winning free throw

Emperor Lin :bowdown:

kurple
02-11-2012, 11:46 PM
To his merit this is his 5th game in what? Like 8 days or something? Lin does not possess the endurance of a starter yet; near the end of this game he was exhaling deeply and couldn't seem to catch his breath. Hopefully he can rest up and work on his conditioning.
this is what is annoying

the guys that really BELIEVE he's this good and not half joking

pauk
02-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Ish Cant Handle The Bandwidth Of A Dragon!

kurple
02-11-2012, 11:47 PM

thanks to rubio

christian1923
02-11-2012, 11:49 PM
this is what is annoying

the guys that really BELIEVE he's this good and not half joking

I mean he is balling, most regular people think he is real, "experts" think he is real. MAGIC JOHNSON REALLY BELIEVES. why dont you?

imdaman99
02-11-2012, 11:50 PM
I mean he is balling, most regular people think he is real, "experts" think he is real. MAGIC JOHNSON REALLY BELIEVES. why dont you?
nuggets fans hate knicks and their fans and root for their failure.

knicksman
02-11-2012, 11:51 PM

LOL denver 8th seed. so much for melo being a cancer

Asukal
02-11-2012, 11:51 PM
http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/gary_busey_creepin.gif

christian1923
02-11-2012, 11:52 PM

da gawd GALLO is injured, take it easy!

04mzwach
02-11-2012, 11:52 PM
:lol ISH really needs to ready theirselves 10 minute before the end of a Knick game. It might blow up worse when the Knicks lose. Who knows?

kurple
02-11-2012, 11:53 PM
because he would have had to proved something at least close to this earlier in his career (HS, College, NBA, DLeague) for everyone to believe this will continue. but he hasnt

Hot streaks isn't that uncommon

kurple
02-11-2012, 11:54 PM
and dont call me a hater..

i was one of the few that liked him before all of this. i even posted in one of the threads when the knicks signed him that this was the 1st move they have made that i liked

kurple
02-11-2012, 11:55 PM
it has more to do with denver playing like shit than melo

but since you started this.. wouldn this sudden win streak WITHOUT melo prove that he indeed is a cancer?

You went there

christian1923
02-11-2012, 11:55 PM
because he would have had to proved something at least close to this earlier in his career (HS, College, NBA, DLeague) for everyone to believe this will continue. but he hasnt

California high school player of the year.
16 4 4 at harvard

Some guys just never get their chance to shine for whatever reason.

i mean yeah he is hot, but anybody can tell that he has some serious skills

kurple
02-11-2012, 11:56 PM
waiting for thread to die, because knicks fans are too gay to reply

ImmortalNemesis
and dont call me a hater..

i was one of the few that liked him before all of this. i even posted in one of the threads when the knicks signed him that this was the 1st move they have made that i liked

This guy is obviously mad because Denver couldn't get Lin. :oldlol: Get over it chump.

Lin > Lawson. Dealwithit.gif

Reverend Hoops
The Knicks team had a big part in this too...if Wolves win this doesn't happen.

The Tebow Effect.

kurple
02-11-2012, 11:57 PM
16 4 4 at harvard

he's good, but he will never average 20ppg or anything like that

he's a solid/good starter at best.. And that is very good for a guy like him

I would love to have him as a backup

jstern
02-12-2012, 12:01 AM
He broke the original game stream that I was on.

Also, isn't it weird how the usual Kobe obsessed fan boys are pushing a strong agenda against Lin? It's almost as if Kobe is a political party and they are being paid to spread doubt about the opponent, etc.

He had a horrible second half tonight though. Finished 8-24. Gives you perspective as to how bad 6 for 24 was.

Boogaboog
02-12-2012, 12:04 AM
he's good, but he will never average 20ppg or anything like that

he's a solid/good starter at best.. And that is very good for a guy like him

I would love to have him as a backup

So, you say with confidence that someone who is averaging over 20ppg through his first 5 starts will never average 20ppg? Are you expecting him to drop to 10 and 2 when Melo and Amare return?

kurple
02-12-2012, 12:07 AM
So, you say with confidence that someone who is averaging over 20ppg through his first 5 starts will never average 20ppg? Are you expecting him to drop to 10 and 2 when Melo and Amare return?
i expect his ppg average to drop closer to 10 when melo and amare returns. yes.

who doesn't? be honest. no jokes

Boogaboog
02-12-2012, 12:09 AM

I think if the Knicks are wise, they don't allow Melo too many possessions. I expect Lin to average around 19 and 7.

Shepseskaf
02-12-2012, 12:11 AM

I don't. I'd predict something more in the 15-18 ppg range -- plus a 30-point breakout every now and then.

If you don't think he's capable of this, then you haven't been watching.

OmniStrife
02-12-2012, 12:12 AM

Kobe-esque

knicksman
02-12-2012, 12:16 AM
it has more to do with denver playing like shit than melo

but since you started this.. wouldn this sudden win streak WITHOUT melo prove that he indeed is a cancer?

You went there

na The last time melos denver has been an 8th seed was when he was a rookie. :lol

and its really to win for a gutted team if the other star isnt performing. Amare doesnt have the confidence in his shot at the start of the season.

DMV2
02-12-2012, 12:22 AM
I don't. I'd predict something more in the 15-18 ppg range -- plus a 30-point breakout every now and then.

If you don't think he's capable of this, then you haven't been watching.
Yeah, I think he'll be 13-15 PPG range and occasional 25+ when Melo and/or Amare are off or injured.

His APG will go up though. He averaged 8 during this stretch, he could be at 10-12 APG with Amare and Melo. :eek:

LBJMVP
02-12-2012, 12:24 AM

16 4 4 at harvard

nice job completely ignoring this post. when lin played against big east school in harvard, his game actually got better. plus while he was in the d league he dominated. you are seariously just mad. get over it, the guy is a great player.

June1026
02-12-2012, 12:26 AM
I expect 16 ppg 9apg 5rpg 2spg 3to when melo & amare are back.

Kiarip
02-12-2012, 01:09 AM

WHaaaaaaaat? He was a top HS player, won state championship in California... got Harvard to NCAA tourney, scored 30 on UCONN.

In his only game in D-League he got 28/12/12 2steals 2 TOs 1 block...

He has simply been overlooked, because he's Asian, and he doesn't jump out of the gym.

kurple
02-12-2012, 01:17 AM
time will tell.

neither side will change their opinion ovbiously..

kurple
02-12-2012, 01:23 AM
i never said he isn't a good basketball player, and i liked him before all of this as mentioned before

but he isnt a superstar talent.

He has been the only real scoring threat theese games (because of his hot streak) for the knicks, so he has been given a lot of freedom.. He wont have close to that freedom with Melo and Stat back.

He have been crazy efficient (much of it due to an hot streak) so no one have minded him shooting a lot.. They will mind it once his hot streak ends.

His A/TO ratio is a concern. it just is

Go Getter
02-12-2012, 01:24 AM
16 4 4 at harvard

TONS of players go to small schools and don't get the respect they deserve until someone gives them a shot. The only thing that separates Lin is the fact that he is of Asian decent.

Kiarip
02-12-2012, 01:37 AM
i never said he isn't a good basketball player, and i liked him before all of this as mentioned before

He has been the only real scoring threat theese games (because of his hot streak) for the knicks, so he has been given a lot of freedom.. He wont have close to that freedom with Melo and Stat back.

He have been crazy efficient (much of it due to an hot streak) so no one have minded him shooting a lot.. They will mind it once his hot streak ends.

How do you know he's not superstar talent? (not to say that I think he is) Nash didn't look like superstar talent either when he first came into the league.

it's the same exact thing, he doesn't strike anyone as being amazingly athletic so people overlooked him.

So far the poor shooting game has been an exception not the rule. And the high A/TO ratio is of some concern, but if like you said he won't be taking as many shots, it's obviously going to improve a lot.

kurple
02-12-2012, 01:40 AM
how will him shooting less help his a/to ration?

but i'm no psycic, so i cant no for sure that he wont be a superstar

but it is HIGHLY unlikely

and i dont give a shit about how athletic he is.. i'm no 14 year old kid basing my opinion on dunks

Kiarip
02-12-2012, 01:47 AM
how will him shooting less help his a/to ration?

but i'm no psycic, so i cant no for sure that he wont be a superstar

but it is HIGHLY unlikely

and i dont give a shit about how athletic he is.. i'm no 14 year old kid basing my opinion on dunks

He won't be double teamed, for one... lol.

Eh, well you don't need to be psychic to see how he stacks up to other players on the NBA. You just need to watch, and understand basketball, the guy does what a lot of other people don't/can't, and it's his first real season.

B4llin
02-12-2012, 01:53 AM

you bring that up as a concern, he is just getting minutes against NBA players and your worried about him turning the ball over? what he is doing is amazing, him turning the ball over nothing to worry about, imagine the pressure it would be.
obvious agenda

Pointguard
02-12-2012, 02:02 AM

Yeah, so is his infectious winning ways. And that stupid ability to get to rim is annoying to no end. How about that getting others involved thing he need to STOP doin.

"Jesus"
02-12-2012, 03:34 AM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/409518_10150604947133666_503903665_9004495_1089223 59_n.jpg

mikek85
02-12-2012, 05:26 AM
We have a serious hater here.

This kid has barely played any NBA games. Geez, cut him some slack and enjoy the show. He's doing great and good for him(he lived on a f'ckin couch for christs sake)

knicksman
02-12-2012, 05:38 AM

Maybe he wouldnt be a superstar if he remains to be a combo guard coz I dont think he has the body to support that. Hes breaking down right now. But he can be a superstar if he focuses to be a pg. He has 2 of the best scorers in the team.

Clutch
02-12-2012, 06:36 AM
20 points
8 assists
6 rebounds (2 offensive)
3 steals

didn't turn over the ball TWICE in the last 24. (ahem... Rubio)

Emperor Lin :bowdown:
Fixed

Shepseskaf
02-12-2012, 06:44 AM

Maybe not superstar talent, but definitely star talent. You must factor in that he isn't used to playing heavy starters' minutes. He was buried on the bench, then all of a sudden he has the weight of the franchise on his back.

Once his conditioning gets where it needs to be, watch out!

If you study his game, he isn't a streaky shooter. He carefully picks his spots and the shots are usually right on the rim. When he gets his legs, I expect him to be an above-50% shooter, which would be outstanding for a young point guard.

bluechox2
02-12-2012, 07:34 AM
the majority of shots he takes are high percentage ones within 1 feet of the hoop, he isnt shot-jacking from the perimeter and shooting his team out of it.
he did have some rookie mistakes out there, but thats from only playing the game at 100% a week ago.
Couple more weeks, he can get his stamina up and melo/amare (hopefully for the best) will give lin clear lanes to the hoop, unlike lastnight where it was easy to pack the paint and challenge him easily. you pack the paint on lin, guess what he WILL find melo for the shot or hand it to tyson within 5-10 feet of the hoop to let him work for the shot/or the alley. or pass it back to the top of the key to amare for a fairly easy jumper. or if amare is cutting, pass for the high percentage shot at the rim.

many possiblities:pimp: