PDA

View Full Version : If the Knicks pick up JR Smith they are contenders

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 05:45 AM
Novak is the only legitimate shooter on the roster. He plays the same position as Carmelo which is why he hardly got any minutes to start the season. That invariably resulted in defenses packing the paint against the Knicks, and whenever Carmelo swung the ball around after drawing double teams, his teammates bricked open looks, causing him to force shots despite his injuries.

Lin gives us another PnR player and Amare will be fully utilized in the offense. The spacing, however, is still an issue that can only be resolved by signing JR Smith. It doesn't even matter if he starts, as long as he gets 36 minutes a night and closes games out with the starting unit.

Lin/Shumpert
Fields/JR
Melo/Novak/Walker
Amare/Harrelson
Chandler/Jeffries

That is a championship roster.

DRose1899
02-12-2012, 05:47 AM
Not. This. Shit. Again.

This why you should not give any hype to the knicks related stuff or other new york sport club.

Human Error
Novak is the only legitimate shooter on the roster. He plays the same position as Carmelo which is why he hardly got any minutes to start the season. That invariably resulted in defenses packing the paint against the Knicks, and whenever Carmelo swung the ball around after drawing double teams, his teammates bricked open looks, causing him to force shots despite his injuries.

Lin gives us another PnR player and Amare will be fully utilized in the offense. The spacing, however, is still an issue that can only be resolved by signing JR Smith. It doesn't even matter if he starts, as long as he gets 36 minutes a night and closes games out with the starting unit.

Lin/Shumpert
Fields/JR
Melo/Novak/Walker
Amare/Harrelson
Chandler/Jeffries

Not again. :facepalm The same idi*t who said that the Knicks would beat the Heat in a 7 game series.

blablabla
we are 13-16 we are no contenders right now

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 05:48 AM
we are 13-16 we are no contenders right now

we are on the rise

Bandito
02-12-2012, 05:50 AM
You do know that defense wins championship right? Considering Lin still plays good his D leaves a lot to be desired and the other starters except for chandler are no good at d also...

roffie
i think u shud be waiting on amare and melo to come back first and see how well they will mesh with lin.

blablabla
we are on the rise
5 games without stat and melo
let's see what happens when they are back

Sarcastic
02-12-2012, 05:57 AM
I would love JR Smith on the team, but for whatever reason 'Antoni has a hard on for Fields, so he will be permanently set in the starting line up for this year at least. TBH, Shumpert is all we need at the 2, but they won't put him there as a starter this year.

Myth
02-12-2012, 05:58 AM
Concentrate on getting into the playoffs first.

Anyway, this is how I see it going down:

Phase 1:
*Lin continues his rampage as is*

Phase 2:
*Amare comes back*
Amare: "Hey guys, what's up?"
Lin: "Glad to have you back, let's play some top notch pick and rolls."
Amare: "Right on."
*Lin continues rampage*

Phase 3:
*Knicks sign JR Smith*
JR: "Glad to be back in the states, and in Madison Square Garden no less!"
Lin & Amare: "Welcome."
*JR fits ok making some nice shots and taking some bonehead ones, but ultimately Knicks still improve enough to secure playoff placement*

Phase 4:
*Melo comes back*
Melo: "C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!"
*Melo gets ball and holds it for half of every possession, killing the offensive movement, and ultimately Lin's effectiveness*

Phase 5:
*Mass suicide among Knick fans*

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 06:01 AM
yep Melo is such a ball stopper that him and AI couldn't win 50 games

Myth
02-12-2012, 06:03 AM
yep Melo is such a ball stopper that him and AI couldn't win 50 games

Melo and AI are very talented in iso, but this Knicks team will need more ball movement to succeed (especially considering D'Antoni is their coach).

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 06:05 AM
Melo (Pierce) - iso, low post, closer
JR (Allen) - lights out shooter
Amare (Amare) - best finisher in game
Lin (Nash) - penetrate and dish

that's like combining the championship Celtic's offense with Phoenix's superpowered D'Antoni offense in 2004-2007ish into one dynamic unit

Myth
02-12-2012, 06:08 AM

Now I know you are insane :roll:

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Melo and AI are very talented in iso, but this Knicks team will need more ball movement to succeed (especially considering D'Antoni is their coach).

the ball movement wasn't there at the start of the season because there was no PG and no spacing. Lin and JR solve both of that.

Melo has never been criticized as an isolation scorer anymore than a guy like kobe, but for some reason when scoring in that manner doesn't work he is a cancer? bull. he has had an assortment of injuries that have affected is efficiency this year, but he still a top 3 scorer in this league. and if "mastermind" D'Antoni can find away to incorporate these pieces into one offense, the Knicks can compete with Miami and Chicago for coming out of the East

Shepseskaf
02-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Phase 4:
*Melo comes back*
*Melo gets ball and holds it for half of every possession, killing the offensive movement, and ultimately Lin's effectiveness*

Phase 5:
:oldlol: I like this. Repped.

JR would be a great addition. Seems to me that most Knicks fans have concerns about Carmelo's return. If it doesn't work with Lin, its going to get ugly fast.

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 06:11 AM
Now I know you are insane :roll:

what are you talking about?

any of JR-Lin-Melo-Amare can get 20 points on any given night.

Myth
02-12-2012, 06:14 AM
what are you talking about?

any of JR-Lin-Melo-Amare can get 20 points on any given night.

In all of your posts in this thread, you continue to overlook the importance of defense, yet you think they will compete for a championship? That is insane. And of your player comparisons, I'm not sure which is the most ridiculous, but comparing JR to Ray Allen certainly gave me the giggles.

knicksman
02-12-2012, 06:15 AM
Why are people concerned with melo's Iso when hes 2nd to durant among players being assisted on their points. My only concern with melo is his conditioning and always relying on bully ball rather than off the ball to lengthen his career. Players with long careers plays off the ball like allen, miller and I hope he could do that.

sipitri
02-12-2012, 06:17 AM

that's like combining the championship Celtic's offense with Phoenix's superpowered D'Antoni offense in 2004-2007ish into one dynamic unit
http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/10.jpg

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 06:17 AM
In all of your posts in this thread, you continue to overlook the importance of defense, yet you think they will compete for a championship? That is insane. And of your player comparisons, I'm not sure which is the most ridiculous, but comparing JR to Ray Allen certainly gave me the giggles.

Melo, Fields, JR are average at defense.

Shumpert, Jeffries and Chandler excel at it.

The Knicks have put up solid defensive numbers this year. I think the biggest thing we need to address is improving Amare's defense.

JR isn't as efficient as Ray Allen (especially this season), but JR has the most range in the league.

knicksman
02-12-2012, 06:18 AM

Defense is only good if you have offense. But defense without offense is useless. The only team that has the firepower in the east is miami. Bulls doesnt have it. Melo and amare are more unstoppable players than rose and I would even go as far as they are more unstoppable than wade and lebron.

SuperPippen
02-12-2012, 06:25 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm not trying to be a douche, but this has got to be the stupidest post I've read in a while. Thanks for making me laugh.

As another poster said, as soon as you give the Knicks any slight glimmer of hope for the future, their fans will immediately start foaming at the mouth with ridiculous claims of contention.

Human Error
02-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Defense is only good if you have offense. But defense without offense is useless. The only team that has the firepower in the east is miami. Bulls doesnt have it. Melo and amare are more unstoppable players than rose and I would even go as far as they are more unstoppable than wade and lebron.
Carmelo and Amare being more unstoppable than LeBron and Wade. :facepalm

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 06:27 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm not trying to be a douche, but this has got to be the stupidest post I've read in a while. Thanks for making me laugh.

As another poster said, as soon as you give the Knicks any slight glimmer of hope for the future, their fans will immediately start foaming at the mouth with ridiculous claims of contention.

imma bookmark this sh*t. you can run and tell that homeboy

Shepseskaf
02-12-2012, 06:30 AM
I wouldn't go that far either, but at least the Knicks have effective guard play now.

Clutch
02-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Concentrate on getting into the playoffs first.

Anyway, this is how I see it going down:

Phase 1:
*Lin continues his rampage as is*

Phase 2:
*Amare comes back*
Amare: "Hey guys, what's up?"
Lin: "Glad to have you back, let's play some top notch pick and rolls."
Amare: "Right on."
*Lin continues rampage*

Phase 3:
*Knicks sign JR Smith*
JR: "Glad to be back in the states, and in Madison Square Garden no less!"
Lin & Amare: "Welcome."
*JR fits ok making some nice shots and taking some bonehead ones, but ultimately Knicks still improve enough to secure playoff placement*

Phase 4:
*Melo comes back*

Phase 5:
It might happen but hopefully it won't.

DGARAS
02-12-2012, 06:31 AM
have i gone crazy? back in the day i remember this idiot archi as a denver fan that hated the knicks. wtf is going on in this forum? :facepalm

SuperPippen
02-12-2012, 06:32 AM
imma bookmark this sh*t. you can run and tell that homeboy

Go ahead.

If the Knicks win a championship, hell, if the Knicks go deep into the playoffs, you can bump this thread and I will humbly concede that I was mistaken and give you props.

However, in the much more likely scenario that the Knicks don't make it past the second round, I'll bump this thread and be sure to say, "I told you so."

SuperPippen
02-12-2012, 06:35 AM
have i gone crazy? back in the day i remember this idiot archi as a denver fan that hated the knicks. wtf is going on in this forum? :facepalm

He's one of those guys who are not loyal to a team, only to a specific player.

In this case, it's Melo.

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Go ahead.

If the Knicks win a championship, hell, if the Knicks go deep into the playoffs, you can bump this thread and I will humbly concede that I was mistaken and give you props.

However, in the much more likely scenario that the Knicks don't make it past the second round, I'll bump this thread and be sure to say, "I told you so."

I'm not guaranteeing a championship or anything. If we get JR as I speculate, I'm saying we advance in the playoffs until we face a contender (Chicago, Heat) and actually challenge that team in a series (6-7 games).

So if we play the Heat in the first round and lose in 7, that is actually an accomplishment in itself.

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 06:37 AM

hated the knicks? wtf? i had no feelings towards them whatsoever. they were irrelevant (to me)

knicksman
02-12-2012, 06:56 AM

I consider players who can shoot more unstoppable unless they are big men like shaq or dwight. And amare is a big man who can shoot so hes the most unstoppable player. Lebron and wade are just statpadders but disappears against a team with great frontcourt like dallas. Thats why allen/pierce can win coz they are more unstoppable coz they are a threat anywhere on the court.

Myth
02-12-2012, 07:05 AM
And amare is a big man who can shoot so hes the most unstoppable player.

:wtf:

bluechox2
02-12-2012, 07:19 AM
dont waste your breathe, just sit back, relax and watch the knicks do some major damage to the league..:rockon:

Nash
02-12-2012, 07:58 AM
First of all, ya'll won't get JR. He'll get a fat and long contract somewhere else. How the hell are you guys going to pay Amare, Melo and Chandler while also paying money for JR and an improved contract to Lin?

Second, Lin is a good player, but to think that he'll turn your team from crap to competing for the championship against Miami and Chicago?

Also with Melo, Amare and possibily JR coming back, you do know what will happen? You'll have the "too many players, too few shots"- syndrome.

bluechox2
02-12-2012, 08:00 AM
jr is a one time thing, we cant offer him more than the mle next year. some team will throw 10 at him i bet.
we should sign shooters next summer, spit up the mle

niko
02-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Jr smith makes us contenders is as ridiculous a statement as I can imagine.

bagelred
02-12-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't want that headcase on my team.

GOBB
02-12-2012, 10:24 AM
So you went from following the NYK because of Melo to becoming a NYK fan? :oldlol:

NYK can aquire Jr Smith and I'm picking Sixers over NYK in a 7gm series. You can quote me on that because anyone wanting to make a financial bet? I'm down. I heard this talk before the season then I look up and NYK are well under .500. NYK team is a joke, it took some random asian guard to ignite some hope into the fanbase. It took some random asian guard to make you go from "I'm just a Melo fan who follows him" to "We, us, our team" to make you a NYK fan. Get out of here.

SevereUpInHere
02-12-2012, 10:30 AM
hated the knicks? wtf? i had no feelings towards them whatsoever. they were irrelevant (to me)

Well then f*ck off and stop pretending to be a fan. Admit you're a Melo homer, and stop saying "we" when you talk about the Knicks.

You're one of the most annoying posters on this site. Embarrassing.

GOBB
02-12-2012, 10:31 AM
I don't want that headcase on my team.

You hear that airchubundo? He doesnt want you. :no:

Well then f*ck off and stop pretending to be a fan. Admit you're a Melo homer, and stop saying "we" when you talk about the Knicks.

You're one of the most annoying posters on this site. Embarrassing.

Another NYK fan telling you to f*ck off. Go back to Denver bro. You're not wanted.

All Net
02-12-2012, 10:47 AM
:oldlol: @ the thought JR smith can turn a team to playoff team to contender.

StroShow4
02-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I dunno man... he couldn't even make his CBA team a contender.

bluechox2
02-12-2012, 11:53 AM
he was putting up 40 a game :lol shotjacking kobe style

JR's contract stipulations in CBA

1. play like kobe

______sign here

kurple
02-12-2012, 12:06 PM
everything depends on how lin continues, and how well he will play with Melo.. Amare isn't a concern

Rameek
02-12-2012, 12:10 PM
i think u shud be waiting on amare and melo to come back first and see how well they will mesh with lin.
Linsanity has taken over! The way you phrased this is awesome! And very true!

I think the defense has been good this year by the Knicks for the most part.

If you asked me this a week ago I would have said NO freak that coach killing one man shot jacker Lin-atic....

The way things have played out this past week the Knicks do need an athletic SG that can hit from long range and finish. The bad part would mean Shumps role would diminish.

bluechox2
02-12-2012, 12:29 PM
WindhorstESPN Brian Windhorst
Knicks were hot for JR Smith but now everything is thru Lin prism. They need another SG but do they need another chucker now?

tru

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 02:06 PM
First of all, ya'll won't get JR. He'll get a fat and long contract somewhere else. How the hell are you guys going to pay Amare, Melo and Chandler while also paying money for JR and an improved contract to Lin?

Second, Lin is a good player, but to think that he'll turn your team from crap to competing for the championship against Miami and Chicago?

Also with Melo, Amare and possibily JR coming back, you do know what will happen? You'll have the "too many players, too few shots"- syndrome.

Not if JR comes off the bench. We just need him to knock down threes when he plays with the starters, and he will be content with that role.

All Net
02-12-2012, 02:09 PM
How much do NY have to offer? guessing more than anybody else?

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Jr smith makes us contenders is as ridiculous a statement as I can imagine.

You think we will do a damn thing in the playoffs when Novak is the only reliable shooter on the roster and plays the same position as Carmelo? :lol

Newsflash: playing the two of them together results in one of the two playing out of position, which is a defensive liability, especially in the postseason, which is exactly why we need a lights out shooter at the SG position so we can bench Fields who is a liability in the clutch because he can't hit outside shots.

niko
02-12-2012, 02:28 PM
You think we will do a damn thing in the playoffs when Novak is the only reliable shooter on the roster and plays the same position as Carmelo? :lol

Newsflash: playing the two of them together results in one of the two playing out of position, which is a defensive liability, especially in the postseason, which is exactly why we need a lights out shooter at the SG position so we can bench Fields who is a liability in the clutch because he can't hit outside shots.
News flash, jr smith is not good enough to turn a team fom non contender to contender. Not even close.

kurple
02-12-2012, 02:34 PM
truth

niko
02-12-2012, 02:35 PM
truth
Tell people the truth. His game has gotten so overrated. Nugget fans know, that's why you are not concerned he's not returning.

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 02:47 PM
News flash, jr smith is not good enough to turn a team fom non contender to contender. Not even close.

I whole-heartedly disagree. We are a three-point SG away from contention. He is a 39% 3P SG. Bad attitude in the past but his character issues are overblown. That's why almost EVERY contender is interested (CHI - former team, LAL, LAC, SAS, IND, etc.)

All Net
02-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I whole-heartedly disagree. We are a three-point SG away from contention. He is a 39% 3P SG. Bad attitude in the past but his character issues are overblown. That's why almost EVERY contender is interested (CHI - former team, LAL, LAC, SAS, IND, etc.)

Knicks being a contender depends on how Melo and Amare comeback and work with Lin and if Lin can still play at a high level with them both back. As frontcourt wise there aren't many better in terms of a full frontline SF/PF/C.

fubu05
02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Gotta say. I would love JR on this team. Not just because hes a shooter, but because he can do much what Lin does when he goes off. Get into the paint, break people off the dribble, would probably be the 2nd best pick-n-roll player on the Knicks after Lin. He would be a great pick-up for this team. Plus a back-court of JR and Shumpert off the bench, 6'5 and 6'6, both extremely athletic and long, would be solid defensively.

I would say, if the Knicks are able to re-integrate Melo and Amar'e effectively. They pick up JR. Smith, then you gotta think guys like Douglas, Bibby, don't see anymore minutes and the Knicks just become better by default.

Contenders? Honestly with the front-court the Knicks have, if they are able to re-integrate Melo and Amar'e with Lin, get JR, I think they could be contenders simply because of their front-court.

Derka
02-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Getting Melo and Amar'e to play together effectively makes the Knicks a contender.

Playing solid team defense against teams who aren't pretenders makes the Knicks a contender.

Adding a mental retard like JR Smith to your team makes you a team with a mental retard on the roster. He makes no one a contender.

He didn't make Denver a title contender. He didn't even make his Chinese team a contender. He won't make NY a title contender.

Patrick Chewing
02-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Knicks need the Barron instead

knickswin
02-12-2012, 03:16 PM
I agree. JR Smith would be huge. our shooting is weak. Novak and Carmelo are the only real shooters, and you don't want to play Novak at power forward because he's so weak and can't defend that position. Fields, Toney, and Walker have been clanking them this season.

I think JR, Amar'e's defense, Carmelo's willingness to play within the system, and maybe seeing if Baron can do anything are what the Knicks need to worry about.

StateProperty
02-12-2012, 04:04 PM

IDK whether to neg you or rep you for the laugh :oldlol:

PrimeJohnnyDepp
02-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Can't stand this fapper, he faps to 2009 Nuggets and wants to turn NBA back to 2006 when fapping was at an all time high. Iso, iso, iso, iso, **** fans, **** people, iso iso iso iso.

All because he faps.

Teanett
02-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Can't stand this fapper, he faps to 2009 Nuggets and wants to turn NBA back to 2006 when fapping was at an all time high. Iso, iso, iso, iso, **** fans, **** people, iso iso iso iso.

All because he faps.

:cheers:

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 04:25 PM
IDK whether to neg you or rep you for the laugh :oldlol:

find me another offense with a more varied skillset.

what is so delusional about it?

comparing Melo to Pierce? they are the same player.
comparing JR to Allen? okay, that was a stretch. but again, JR has the most range in the league. teams fear this kid catching fire behind the arc.
Lin and Amare under the helms of D'Antoni? Lin is no Nash but this is D'Antoni's system which makes avg PGs play like all-stars (see raymond felton last year.) how much more a young stud like lin?

find me an offense with more options and more varied options

isolation scorer who draws double teams in his sleep. best closer in the game.
pick-and-roll offense with the best finisher in the game.
off-ball screens with legit three-point shooter

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 04:28 PM
So you went from following the NYK because of Melo to becoming a NYK fan? :oldlol:

NYK can aquire Jr Smith and I'm picking Sixers over NYK in a 7gm series. You can quote me on that because anyone wanting to make a financial bet? I'm down. I heard this talk before the season then I look up and NYK are well under .500. NYK team is a joke, it took some random asian guard to ignite some hope into the fanbase. It took some random asian guard to make you go from "I'm just a Melo fan who follows him" to "We, us, our team" to make you a NYK fan. Get out of here.

I'm no bytch, Gobb.

If the Knicks acquire JR Smith I'll make a bet with you depending on how the Knicks gel and who they play in the postseason. I'm only a college student and I don't have much money, but I would put up $50.

PHI vs NYK would be a hell of a series.

Teanett
02-12-2012, 04:35 PM
comparing Melo to Pierce? they are the same player.

:roll:

fukk you! let's trade melo so you stop running around pretending you're a knicks fan.

el gringos
02-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Tell people the truth. His game has gotten so overrated. Nugget fans know, that's why you are not concerned he's not returning.
Completelty not right- its the opposite and nugs fans just understand that there is no way JR and karl will ever work- karl has too big off an ego to coach him- Jr will suprise a lot of people and go on to ve one of the best low payed (for year 1) fa's ever

nbastatus
02-12-2012, 05:00 PM
knicks should really consider trading away melo ballhog anthony for a legit starting sf and a back up center.

InfiniteBaskets
02-12-2012, 05:01 PM
JR and Melo don't work on the same team.

I've already added an artist's rendition of why back in the MS Paint thread but here it is again. Too much chucking and laziness off the ball.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4369/melor.jpg

NuggetsFan
02-12-2012, 05:04 PM
I find it funny how a team like NY can't ever be realistic. They go from being completely awful out of the playoff picture and Lin comes in plays awesome they get some wins and things look up. Can't just be that tho, has to be omg WERE ONE PIECE AWAY FROM CONTENDERS!!.

I feel like the rest of the NBA should be notified of when you guy's are ready to go. Feels like it's went from LeBron .. to Amare .. to Melo .. to if we get Chris Paul title locks. Now Linsanity and if we land J.R NY is the deepest team, contender locks.

F*ck sakes just let things play out. Atleast wait till you hit .500 before you start pumping the tires.

niko
02-12-2012, 05:54 PM
OP is obviously trolling. The topic is about the Knicks being contenders due to JR Smith. Anyone taking this as the view of all Knick fans is a bit too serious or maybe just confused.

fubu05
02-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Knicks will not become contenders BECAUSE of Jr. Smith. He will help them get CLOSER to being contenders. To be honest I don't see what's so hard to understand.

1) The Knicks are playing great with having Lin lead the team as the PG. This is without Melo and without STAT.

2) You add Melo and STAT, approximately 50+ pts a game. You take out Jeffries, and take out Bill Walker. Now those guys come off the bench, hell Walker might not get any minutes at all with a back-court of Lin/Fields/Shump/Douglas. If the Knicks add JR smith, their back-court becomes extremely well rounded.

3) STAT will now finally be able to get back to the production he had with Raymond Felton since he has a PG that can run the Pick-n-Roll.

4) Melo will not take away, because Melo will just go back to the post where he is more efficient. Doesn't mean he's going to take away from Amar'e-Lin. Last night there were quite a few possessions where Bill Walker and Novak went ISO and put up horrible shots. The fact is Melo will get his ISO possessions and rightfully so, but he will also get possessions where he has baskets in rhythm, off cuts, rolls, screens, now that he finally has a PG.

I mean after all that... How can you not see them as contenders? I understand it's all speculation until now, but to say that they can't become contenders considering they still need to add their 2 stars is just as absurd.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/962/meloiso.png

cteach111
02-12-2012, 06:16 PM
its funny how the Knicks went from a joke to intimidating over the course of one week :facepalm

You have to be a little concerned no matter who you are if they continue to play like this once Melo/Amare return... perhaps better? You'd have to bank on the Knicks maintaining consistently solid defense with those 2 in the lineup though.

I don't think its a major stretch to say that Marion might have been more valuable in this type of system than Melo might be because he was a great defender.

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 06:28 PM
OP is obviously trolling. The topic is about the Knicks being contenders due to JR Smith. Anyone taking this as the view of all Knick fans is a bit too serious or maybe just confused.

The team with Melo and Amare will be a good damn team once they gel. Add a Harden/Terry in JR Smith and we are a force to be reckoned with. What's so hard do understand? Do you think our shooting isn't an issue? If so, LOL at you.

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 06:30 PM
JR and Melo don't work on the same team.

I've already added an artist's rendition of why back in the MS Paint thread but here it is again. Too much chucking and laziness off the ball.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4369/melor.jpg

JR wets that shot 4/10 times.

JR and Melo have plenty of chemistry. JR is loyal to Melo, which is why JR has expressed interest in the Knicks.

fubu05
02-12-2012, 06:36 PM
its funny how the Knicks went from a joke to intimidating over the course of one week :facepalm

You have to be a little concerned no matter who you are if they continue to play like this once Melo/Amare return... perhaps better? You'd have to bank on the Knicks maintaining consistently solid defense with those 2 in the lineup though.

I don't think its a major stretch to say that Marion might have been more valuable in this type of system than Melo might be because he was a great defender.

I think Melo's ability to hit a last second shot, and get a team buckets when they're struggling makes him more valuable though. Also the fact that he demands so much attention on the court, you can't help off him on the Lin-STAT PnR. If Marion is on the wings, you leave him more times than you would leave Melo.

Basically, think of that Suns-team that had Nash(Lin), Amar'e(Amar'e), Joe Johnson(Melo). Except instead of Marion as a great defender, the Knicks have Chandler. So you can kind of see what D'Antoni will do with this team and how he will try to run them.

JMT
02-12-2012, 09:44 PM
The return of Amare and Melo, along with the signing of JR Smith, can get the Knicks right back to where they used to be!

Two weeks ago.

NuggetsFan
02-12-2012, 09:49 PM

True. You guy's are stuck with all the Melo fans now :lol

longtime lurker
02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
The return of Amare and Melo, along with the signing of JR Smith, can get the Knicks right back to where they used to be!

Two weeks ago.

They should be thinking playoffs before championships.

Bandito
02-12-2012, 10:02 PM

Two weeks ago.
this post made me lol. But im pretty sure this team could work. The ball will be on lin court though. He better step it up further if he wants to prove the last 5 game are not a fluke.

knickswin
02-12-2012, 10:03 PM
having a couple of shooters like novak and j.r. really helps, especially if you already have an inside talent like Carmelo or want to space a pick and roll. airchibundo is right that it would be a very important addition. look at how huge terry and stojakovic were against the lakers last year.

landry, bill walker, toney, they're not real shooters. some teams will leave them open and let them beat them, and a lot of times those guys won't. j.r. and novak will destroy you by bombing threes if you don't stay with them.

No.23
02-12-2012, 10:08 PM
No, they are not.

fubu05
02-12-2012, 10:08 PM
having a couple of shooters like novak and j.r. really helps, especially if you already have an inside talent like Carmelo or want to space a pick and roll. airchibundo is right that it would be a very important addition. look at how huge terry and stojakovic were against the lakers last year.

landry, bill walker, toney, they're not real shooters. some teams will leave them open and let them beat them, and a lot of times those guys won't. j.r. and novak will destroy you by bombing threes if you don't stay with them.

**** that one last night, INSANE! Novak legit bombs them. JR too.

knickswin
02-12-2012, 10:11 PM

you cannot EVER leave novak. he can put up 20 points on 5 shots in no time flat. j.r. is streakier, but still pretty deadly.

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 10:33 PM

Lord, LET IT RAIN THREES!

I don't know if you guys remember this, but when the Nuggets were playing the Lakers in the WCF Game 5, JR caught fire behind the arc and single handedly raped the Lakers. That's where the JR bird dance .gif came from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkD_99dLOk0&feature=related

watch the video

ImmortalNemesis
02-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Another stupid thread by archibundo. Why isn't this guy not banned yet? You know you're a shitty poster when even Knicks fan don't like you.

knickswin
02-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Another stupid thread by archibundo. Why isn't this guy not banned yet? You know you're a shitty poster when even Knicks fan don't like you.

i like him (no homo). and i'm a knicks fan. he's not really that homertastic. he doesn't think everything the knicks touch is gold.

airchibundo507
02-12-2012, 10:58 PM
i like him (no homo). and i'm a knicks fan. he's not really that homertastic. he doesn't think everything the knicks touch is gold.

i ran out of reps my dude. i will feed you plenty in the future. :D

knickswin
02-12-2012, 11:19 PM
i ran out of reps my dude. i will feed you plenty in the future. :D
:cheers:

I dunno, I don't think we melo homers are that bad . . . I don't think everything the Knicks touch is perfect. there are shades of gray . . . I think Melo can be a great player, but has sticky fingers at times and after watching him try, I'm going to say he cannot really play point forward . . . Mike is a good coach, but too much of a "make the roster fit the system" coach instead of a "make the system fit the personnel" coach which probably would have ruined our season if we hadn't lucked into a point guard who I'm going to label an excellent pick and roll pg once I obtain enough evidence to do so . . . amar'e is a very good finisher and usually has a decent stroke with very good range for a big man, but is a horrible defender to the point where it might not be worth putting him on the court over role players like jared jeffries , and has no post game and can't really play stretch four. also, he does not and, more importantly, cannot make his teammates better . . . the role players (landry, iman, etc.) are role players . . . our front office is garbage

My Melo fandom stems from my admiration of guys like Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwan, Shaquille O'Neal, Bernard King, Charles Barkely, and Dirk Nowitzki and what I think makes a player legendary. Melo is about as good a scorer as most of those guys, and the game comes to him very naturally. I would love for him to make the leap where no one questions that he is a huge net positive on the floor. people used to doubt mj, barkley, and dirk too . . .

Micku
02-13-2012, 12:27 AM
We'll see how Lin plays with Melo and Amare first. But we still don't know how good Lin is. He seems like a legit starter because his ability to pass and drive, but still don't know how good he is.

And JR Smith would be a nice asset, but they would have to find a balance offense with all of those guys on the floor. If Lin continues to be Linsanity, then they will definitely give any team out there a battle. I dunno about contenders.

Askmeificare
02-23-2012, 11:16 PM
championship roster. :lol

airchibundo507
02-23-2012, 11:18 PM
4th game in 5 nights. Lin played like apesht. still managed to cut it to an 8 point lead in the fourth quarter IN MIAMI.

Scoooter
02-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Apeshit's a good thing. We wish Lin had gone apeshit.

He played like dogshit. JR Smith looks like a good signing though. Inconsistent, but if the alternative is Mike Bibby...

airchibundo507
02-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Apeshit's a good thing. We wish Lin had gone apeshit.

He played like dogshit. JR Smith looks like a good signing though. Inconsistent, but if the alternative is Mike Bibby...

Um... JR's defense is very much consistent. It was a matter of time before his shot started falling. He is an outside threat that can space the floor, dish to open bigs, run the pick and roll, etc.

I've been saying this sht for weeks and only now the anti-JR crowd starts to understand it and realize how valuable he is to this team

eliteballer
02-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Obviously still working on the chemistry

Kiddlovesnets
02-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Contenders for what? Playoffs and possible second round, yes. ECF and Finals, no.

Kiarip
02-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Contenders for what? Playoffs and possible second round, yes. ECF and Finals, no.

Hey, if Rose isn't 100% in the play-offs which is quite possible, then the Knicks could maybe beat the Bulls and make it to the ECF.

pegasus
02-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I thought it was an encouraging performance by the Knicks. It is obvious that Melo can hold his own against Lebron, and with healthy Shumpert, they have someone who can stay in front of Wade, too.

Davis and Lin can only play better, not worse. Can you say the same about any of the Heat players? Not one guy played bad. And Bosh may not even shoot like that every game.

I'd love to see these two teams battle it out in the first round.

airchibundo507
02-24-2012, 01:27 PM
I thought it was an encouraging performance by the Knicks. It is obvious that Melo can hold his own against Lebron, and with healthy Shumpert, they have someone who can stay in front of Wade, too.

Davis and Lin can only play better, not worse. Can you say the same about any of the Heat players? Not one guy played bad. And Bosh may not even shoot like that every game.

I'd love to see these two teams battle it out in the first round.

would rep. very insightful post.

Lin couldn't possibly play any worse. Knicks were only down 4 in the first half despite 15 turnovers.

Human Error
02-29-2012, 09:36 PM
would rep. very insightful post.

Lin couldn't possibly play any worse. Knicks were only down 4 in the first half despite 15 turnovers.
How is that an insightful post. :facepalm

Human Error
03-11-2012, 10:49 AM
They picked up JR Smith and now maybe they became contender.

Oh wait. :hammerhead:

bluechox2
03-11-2012, 10:52 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/JR-Smith-Tahiry-4.jpg

kurple
03-11-2012, 10:53 AM
anyone seen bundo lately? what are his excuses

D-Wade316
03-11-2012, 10:57 AM
This thread and its likes. :oldlol:

Teanett
03-11-2012, 11:24 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/JR-Smith-Tahiry-4.jpg

pairing jr smith with devout christians lin+landry was a brilliant idea...:facepalm
at least he's a great 3 point shooter, oh wait, he's busy fukking hoes.

TheStarting5ive
04-28-2012, 05:56 PM

Kiddlovesnets
04-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Good thread, deserves 5 star rating.

JustinJDW
04-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Yay! We're on the Internet so we get to coach and criticize after the fact! How lucky are we!

:facepalm

D-Wade316
04-28-2012, 06:01 PM
:yaohappy:

RoseCity07
04-28-2012, 06:03 PM

If the Knicks don't get called for fouls but the Heat do and Lebron and Wade are injured the Knicks are better.

Scoooter
04-28-2012, 06:05 PM
He's a killer alright. :lol

Woodson makes it exponentially worse by trying to make the guy a PG, and letting him do whatever he wants out on the court. I was actually excited about getting this guy too.

Askmeificare
04-30-2012, 09:48 PM
:biggums:

Human Error
04-30-2012, 09:49 PM
It's been a long time the Knicks picked up JR Smith.

Now wake me up when they are contenders. zzz

D-Wade316
04-30-2012, 09:57 PM
:yaohappy:

ImmortalNemesis
04-30-2012, 10:05 PM
:facepalm OP getting exposed for the idiot that he is.

GOBB
04-30-2012, 10:33 PM
If there was EVER a time for archibundo to say "I'm only a Melo fan not a NYK fan?" NOW is the mofo time. :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2012, 06:10 AM
I dunno man... he couldn't even make his CBA team a contender.
If the Knicks pick up Stephon Marbury they are a Contender?

blablabla
05-01-2012, 06:40 AM
If the Knicks pick up Stephon Marbury they are a Contender?
if its prime marbury without attitude problems
yes

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2012, 07:16 AM
if its prime marbury without attitude problems
yes
That was a joke.

Has anyone told JR that Wade likes backdoor cuts yet?

Teanett
05-01-2012, 07:21 AM
That was a joke.

Has anyone told JR that Wade likes backdoor cuts yet?

he doesnt know what a backdoor cut is. there arent any on his and1 mixtapes.

It's A VC3!!!
05-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Damn man the Knicks are scorching right now. Picking up JR Smith was an instantaneous success. I think they are now good enough to beat the Heat in 6.

Oh wait.:oldlol:

Hilarious to whoever bumped this thread.:lol

Askmeificare
05-03-2012, 09:43 PM

Teanett
05-03-2012, 09:44 PM
i hate jr smith!

roffie
05-03-2012, 09:48 PM
OP has been so quiet as of late hahaha

CelticBaller
05-03-2012, 09:48 PM
OP has been so quiet as of late hahaha
op is a bandwagoning idiot

TheStarting5ive
05-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Damn man the Knicks are scorching right now. Picking up JR Smith was an instantaneous success. I think they are now good enough to beat the Heat in 6.

Oh wait.:oldlol:

Hilarious to whoever bumped this thread.:lol

:pimp:

Askmeificare
07-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Contenders !

:coleman:

Scoooter
07-05-2012, 06:19 PM
If the Knicks get Jason Kidd they are contenders.

Askmeificare
05-14-2013, 09:46 PM
☄ :coleman:

imdaman99
05-14-2013, 09:47 PM
this gonna be a yearly bump :facepalm

shoots 6-20 and improves his FG%

fck it im out :lol

ClutchOver9000
05-14-2013, 10:13 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Askmeificare
05-18-2013, 10:52 PM
:lol :lol

Orlando Magic
05-18-2013, 10:53 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

chosen_one6
05-18-2013, 10:55 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

Derka
05-18-2013, 10:56 PM
There is nothing JR will ever do on a basketball court that will improve my feeling of his play and his attitude. He's just the worst.

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-18-2013, 11:00 PM
what kind of jackass bumps a thread like this? Obviously Jr had a good run in the regular season and the Knicks were 2nd seed. You can bump all thread because there is only one winner every year...

BrickingStar
05-18-2013, 11:00 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

Orlando Magic
05-18-2013, 11:01 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gif

Jameerthefear
05-18-2013, 11:01 PM
:lol

Noyze
05-18-2013, 11:02 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

Askmeificare
05-18-2013, 11:55 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2644895/jrshoe.gif

ClutchOver9000
05-18-2013, 11:56 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2644895/jrshoe.gif

JR has the IQ of a flea...I'm sure of it...

Young X
05-19-2013, 12:00 AM
dat 33% shooting in the playoffs

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/761886532.gif

Shepseskaf
05-19-2013, 12:02 AM
I don't want him on NY. Undependable knucklehead.

Not sure why Woodson even played him in the second half.

Kiddlovesnets
05-19-2013, 12:07 AM
According to Knicks fans they are contenders even with a D-Squad, the name knicks mean contenders.

Shepseskaf
05-19-2013, 12:09 AM
According to Knicks fans they are contenders even with a D-Squad, the name knicks mean contenders.
Speaking of a D-League squad, how are the Nets these days?

Kiddlovesnets
05-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Speaking of a D-League squad, how are the Nets these days?

Oh my, this guy is mad, which is sad.
:rolleyes:

305Baller
05-19-2013, 01:17 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/2051a6053244249713309f91b0e98489/tumblr_mmi0m9RZKi1qb6cnho1_400.gif

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-19-2013, 01:30 AM

epic gif

dgaras
05-19-2013, 02:03 AM

hows your sister these days? still have sexual fantasies about her?

cos88
05-19-2013, 02:08 AM
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7581/seagullgetstrappedinsid.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/seagullgetstrappedinsid.gif/)

Askmeificare
11-24-2013, 07:59 AM

:lol :lol

Dro
11-24-2013, 01:39 PM
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7581/seagullgetstrappedinsid.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/seagullgetstrappedinsid.gif/)

Askmeificare
12-08-2013, 05:17 PM
That winning streak (2) tho

riseagainst
12-09-2013, 02:03 PM

RoundMoundOfReb
12-09-2013, 02:34 PM
If you're ever in a situation where picking up JR Smith is your hope of becoming a contender - Blow up your team.

chocolatethunder
12-09-2013, 03:00 PM
If you're ever in a situation where picking up JR Smith is your hope of becoming a contender - Blow up your team.
Post of the day

Askmeificare
12-11-2013, 09:14 PM
https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/826855089.gif

Askmeificare
03-04-2014, 07:58 AM

215Philly
03-04-2014, 08:57 AM

still the best celebration :pimp:

ImKobe
03-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Actually, his 3pt shooting has improved a little from his past 2 seasons, but his mid-range shot has completely evaporated.

Kiddlovesnets
03-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Contenders for lottery?
:sleeping

ILLsmak
03-04-2014, 10:14 AM

lolol.

This is one of those threads that get bumped and before you reply you gotta go through it and make sure you didn't post in it.

-Smak

Askmeificare
04-07-2014, 06:23 PM
:mad:

el gringos
04-07-2014, 07:05 PM
The 3 pieces Phil has to move forward: Carmelo, JR Smith, Bargnani
They will be a force next season if they put a good gaurd with them. I suggested chandler, hardaway, shumpert, Felton, future 1st for dragic (& g green/frye) only for dragic to blow up and become unattainable.

Just2McFly
04-07-2014, 07:16 PM
say what you want about JR, who else has shown up for the knicks in the past two weeks other than him melo and amare?