PDA

View Full Version : The Decision: JR Smith is a New York Knick!!!

airchibundo507
02-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Smith is out of the Chinese playoffs, and I expect him to make his decision within days. The Knicks are the frontrunners. Even though LAC would be the more ideal situation, they blew their money on KMart and only have the min left to offer. :lol

Even if you dislike JR Smith or feel he could potentially disrupt team chemistry (whatever that is), signing him is only for a year. We could put him on a short leash coming off the bench and restrict his minutes if he acts up. It is a low risk/high reward situation.

Our spacing sucks and we don't have enough shooters. We don't have a go-to guy off the bench. Add JR Smith and I promise we are contenders.

what say you?

Rameek
02-13-2012, 11:05 AM
What money do the Knicks have left?
As a basketball move it would make sense but I dont know if they want to hurt Fields and Shumps growth.

airchibundo507
02-13-2012, 11:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkD_99dLOk0

JR is no. 1 for the Nuggets

watch that video and tell me we couldn't use a sharpshooter that can put the ball on the floor and dish to our big men.

he is no worse a defender than landry fields

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArjoIMDuNcE

airchibundo507
02-13-2012, 11:06 AM
What money do the Knicks have left?
As a basketball move it would make sense but I dont know if they want to hurt Fields and Shumps growth.

lol @ growth

is our goal to develop our young role players or win a championship in the primes of our superstars?

we have 2.5 million left to spend, and that will be prorated

Jasi
02-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Something tells me you were a Nuggets fan before February 2011 :lol

airchibundo507
02-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Lin/Shumpert/Bibby
Fields/JR (25-30 min)
Melo/Novak/Walker
Amare/Jeffries
Chandler/Harrelson

banished to the bench... for good: douglas

I don't expect Davis to play this season. He's done.

airchibundo507
02-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Something tells me you were a Nuggets fan before February 2011 :lol

damnit the Nuggets were contenders, and JR was a major part of that.

Rameek
02-13-2012, 11:18 AM
lol @ growth

is our goal to develop our young role players or win a championship in the primes of our superstars?

we have 2.5 million left to spend, and that will be prorated
Good question I dont know what the Knicks goal is these days....:hammerhead: :rant

If all things being equal I think I would go to LA so I dont know how realistic it is getting him.

bluechox2
02-13-2012, 11:25 AM
lets hope if jr chooses the knicks, that melo and jr dont gang up to push their own agenda of shotjacking

franchize
02-13-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't expect Davis to play this season. He's done.

Didn't I tell you guys. That january comeback date was BS. I saw this guy with my own 2 eyes (and I don't wear glasses or contacts). I fractured my hip and pelvis playing basketball and Davis was walking just like I did.

percelloveknicks
02-13-2012, 08:56 PM
We got a full roster, who gets the boot?

Sarcastic
02-13-2012, 10:27 PM

Bibby.

knickscity
02-13-2012, 10:39 PM
I detect a trade, just my opinion of course.

bluechox2
02-14-2012, 08:14 AM
I detect a trade, just my opinion of course.
whos available from the knicks atm? douglas and bibby?

Clutch
02-14-2012, 08:46 AM
whos available from the knicks atm? douglas and bibby?
We couldn't get a bag of chips for them.

bluechox2
02-14-2012, 09:20 AM
knicks had a deal ready with toronto for anthony carter:roll:

franchize
02-14-2012, 09:44 AM

How about a quarter water?

Rameek
02-14-2012, 10:49 AM
https://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC2CmZbPKJdKUaS_3LuCDsgkT9luVmE u7awzoAZLbXSbIDTWN5du4dr7t9

Just in case people dont know what this is:applause:

I dont think people trade for useless players with no potential unless they get money or picks to do so.....

Draz
02-14-2012, 02:30 PM
trade bibby walker douglas.

franchize
02-14-2012, 03:37 PM
If he goes to the Clippers...they may become the NBA version of Phi Slamma Jamma

BrooklynZoo
02-15-2012, 09:52 PM
hope they dont get him. theyre already worried about amare and melo complicating things, no need for smith

Draz
02-16-2012, 04:51 AM
hope they dont get him. theyre already worried about amare and melo complicating things, no need for smith

Amare + Melo doesn't seem to click I don't know why. Maybe with Lin in, it may be possible.

airchibundo507
02-16-2012, 04:58 AM
JR narrows it down to Knicks and Clippers!

bluechox2
02-16-2012, 09:06 AM
i dont see where we can get extra minutes for jr if he signs..
only way to make minutes is to send walker to the end of the bench
and tahts only likr 15 minutes or so
dantoni will still play bibby, but id rather give it to shumpert for those few minutes when giving lin some rest.

maybe make melo play some 4 towards the end of the quarter to go small to fit in jr/shump/fields some extra playing time.

Rameek
02-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Well since Indiana backed off it looks like its down to 2 reportedly.

The Knicks and Clippers "appear to be the frontrunners" to sign J.R. Smith.
Smith was known to be considering both teams, and these are the two clubs that have been mentioned most prominently in connection to Smith. The report says that the Knicks remain the "presumptive favorites" because of the salary the team can offer, but the Clippers are attempting to entice him with the chance at winning a championship ring. The report states that the process "could drag out a bit," and that a player option for next season could be important in Smith making a decision.
Source: ESPN LA Feb 16 - 9:09 AM

bluechox2
02-16-2012, 11:49 AM
he would seriously want a 1.5million players option with the clippers...?:lol

Rameek
02-16-2012, 04:05 PM
According to beat writer Frank Isola, the Knicks are "closing in" on a deal for free agent J.R. Smith.
Smith's Chinese Basketball Association season ended on Wednesday and he's expected back in the United States Thursday. The Knicks and Clippers appear to be the two finalists, but the Knicks can offer the most money. In New York, Smith would likely start off as a scoring reserve behind starting swingmen Landry Fields and Carmelo Anthony. He averaged 12.3 points, 4.1 rebounds, 1.6 3-pointers and 1.2 steals in that role for the Nuggets a year ago.
Source: Frank Isola on Twitter Feb 16 - 12:54 PM

Some of you are probably really excited about this.

Sarcastic
02-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Some of you are probably really excited about this.

How can you not want a 40% 3pt shooter in D'Antoni's offense?

Rameek
02-16-2012, 04:10 PM
How can you not want a 40% 3pt shooter in D'Antoni's offense?
I dont like stupid players...:facepalm

Pointguard
02-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Great call Arch!
JR was usually a sixth man contender every year and if hot, he is at an allstar level. If he isn't on, we got Shumpert. JR is only bad when you have no other choice but to live with his off days.

franchize
02-16-2012, 04:47 PM
That explains why the only kid I saw you root hard for was Jeremy Lin lol
So, out of curiosity, who DO you like? The only players I've seen you rave over are Lin and Azabuike. N we've both been posting for a while

Clutch
02-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Alan Hahn @alanhahn
JR Smith deal not yet completed, but seems imminent. #Knicks still need to open a roster spot to fit him. Curious to see that result.

franchize
02-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Alan Hahn @alanhahn
JR Smith deal not yet completed, but seems imminent. #Knicks still need to open a roster spot to fit him. Curious to see that result.
PLEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEE let it be Douglas...somehow,someway.:lol

In all seriousness, I think it'll be between Bibby and Baron.

Clutch
02-16-2012, 04:59 PM
PLEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEE let it be Douglas...somehow,someway.:lol

In all seriousness, I think it'll be between Bibby and Baron.
What about Balkman ?

And I don't think it will be Douglas. We picked up his option recently.

franchize
02-16-2012, 05:09 PM
What about Balkman ?

And I don't think it will be Douglas. We picked up his option recently.

Yea I know, but a man can dream can't he?

Doesn't Balkman have another year on his contract?

knickscity
02-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Yea I know, but a man can dream can't he?

Doesn't Balkman have another year on his contract?
They both do, I smell a trade.

I honestly do not think they will cut Bibby, even though he's the most likely.

Bano114
02-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Honestly I don't see whats not to like about this move. I understand he has a terrible basketball IQ, which I think is very very very important, but he can shoot the lights out when hes on...and what basically sold me is:

Were replacing Mike Bibby with JR Smith.

No matter what JR Smith does itd be hard to do worse then Mike Bibby.

bluechox2
02-17-2012, 02:17 AM
knicks sign smith, cut balkman
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/mr_smith_goes_to_the_garden_y34B2pjjv0Ugr9qMNCPAPP

insidehoops
02-17-2012, 03:01 AM
NY post:

The Knicks will officially add free agent reserve shooting guard J.R. Smith to Linsanity today, making the hottest team in the NBA a deep team as well.

According to multiple sources, Smith, who played in China during the lockout and became eligible to sign an NBA deal on Wednesday, will be at the Garden tonight, but won

Pointguard
02-17-2012, 03:28 AM
[QUOTE=insidehoops]NY post:

The Knicks will officially add free agent reserve shooting guard J.R. Smith to Linsanity today, making the hottest team in the NBA a deep team as well.

According to multiple sources, Smith, who played in China during the lockout and became eligible to sign an NBA deal on Wednesday, will be at the Garden tonight, but won

Scoooter
02-17-2012, 03:39 AM
I like guys who hustle, but that's pretty much all he can do. Hustle his way into stupid fouls. Balkman won't be missed.

Sarcastic
02-17-2012, 03:40 AM
Wow, D'Antoni is not into energy players. Balkman is kind of a surprise to me. He has versatility too. Has you wondering if Balkman letting Isiah Thomas steal the ball at the end of the blowout earned him the dog house. D'Antoni is weird like that. Small Forward is one position we are not deep at.

Which is why I want to see Fields play SF more often.

bluechox2
02-17-2012, 03:42 AM
fields and shumpert can play sf

redrich2000
02-17-2012, 04:16 AM
So are we expecting Smith to come straight in and start or be used as bench scorer?

knickscity
02-17-2012, 08:05 AM
So are we expecting Smith to come straight in and start or be used as bench scorer?
More than likely off the bench, but I would start him, and he'd be on the floor at the end of games.

Rameek
02-17-2012, 10:19 AM
That explains why the only kid I saw you root hard for was Jeremy Lin lol
So, out of curiosity, who DO you like? The only players I've seen you rave over are Lin and Azabuike. N we've both been posting for a while
I dont see why Knick fans here dont love Lin as much as I do.

This kid has improved this team in every phase of the game. Not any other player acquisition has affected the team this way (not so subtle hint!).

What player do I like, I love the Knicks. I hate bad basketball.

I am not a fan of other players from other teams in any sports but I respect skills. I personally dont like it when people are fans of multiple teams and fans of players from other teams. Old school that way.

Jr is a dangerous character for a team that lacks leadership and I do think that this team until Lin-Sanity lacked it. I hope this rejuvenated locker room can keep this big talent personality in check.

If thats the case he may be able to start here. I kinda think initially he will come off the bench but I have a sneaky suspicion they promised him the money and minutes.

franchize
02-17-2012, 10:34 AM
How about we see who plays better with who and award the starting spot to that player... the old fashioned way of doing things.

I honestly wish Balkman got more playing time. He played well in the preseason and in spot minutes. I think he does all the things people claim Jeffries does. He's also a pretty good finisher. I can't say I'll miss Balkman, and JR Smith is certainly an upgrade, but it woulda been nice to see him get his just due. Much rather see Bibby go who's proven he sucks now :oldlol:

knickscity
02-17-2012, 10:52 AM
JR Smith @TheRealJRSmith

New York Knicks It Is!

Clutch
02-17-2012, 10:55 AM
JR Smith @TheRealJRSmith

New York Knicks It Is!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

knickscity
02-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Who do you think wins.......

Tyson's leadership or JR's stupidity?

knickscity
02-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Awkward....

http://jaypeeonline.net/images/brawl.jpg

bluechox2
02-17-2012, 12:47 PM
i think if the guys keeps they egos at the door, this can work

we have 5 guys who can score at any time, just with proper ball movement, we can find the open guy with teams trying to switch and double

Clutch
02-17-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm so excited.

J.R could be a difference maker if he fits in well.

I hope he and Melo will share the ball instead of chucking 30 shots per game and holding the ball for 20 seconds.

Sarcastic
02-17-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm so excited.

J.R could be a difference maker if he fits in well.

I hope he and Melo will share the ball instead of chucking 30 shots per game and holding the ball for 20 seconds.

Melo's # of shots are at his lowest level in the last 4 years.

Do you check stats or just go with what other people are saying?

knickscity
02-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Melo's # of shots are at his lowest level in the last 4 years.

Do you check stats or just go with what other people are saying?

Yeah, I'm not getting that either.

Melo hasn't taken more shots since he's been here, but he has taken more threes, but that's due to the offense.

franchize
02-17-2012, 02:48 PM
This kid has improved this team in every phase of the game. Not any other player acquisition has affected the team this way (not so subtle hint!).

Nobody hates Jeremy Lin. I just hate kneejerk comments. You know...kinda like this one. How exactly did Jeremy Lin improve EVERY aspect of the game? I think anyone would be foolish to hate on Lin. He's playing out of his mind. I just don't think blowing things out of proportion and declaring him "franchise saviour" is a pre-requisite to be a Knicks fan. Forgive me but I'd like to see a little more than 2 weeks of beating up on bad teams before I declare him an elite player.

Yeah, I'm not getting that either.

Melo hasn't taken more shots since he's been here, but he has taken more threes, but that's due to the offense

Every year we search and search for our team's cancer because the media declares one player the Achilles' heel or malcontent.I finally realize what the problem is. The NY media is the Knicks Achilles Heel. They mirror what is going on in politics right now. Conservatives blaming Obama for things when the stats say the exact opposite. (ex "Obama wants to kill private sector jobs")

Clutch
02-17-2012, 02:53 PM
You got me wrong. Of course neither J.R.Smith or Melo will take 30 shots per game.

But there are times when both of them shoot too much.

I just wanted to say they need to play within a system.

I don't mind Melo taking 20 shots per game if he takes them in rhythm or in a few post up/isolations plays.
But I don't want to see him holding the ball for 10 seconds and taking a tough shot.

Same thing with J.R.Smith. He takes a lot of dumb shots. Sometimes they go in but I want him to play smart and not chuck shots anytime he gets an opportunity to do so.

Check out my posts. I've been defending Melo since he got here.

knickscity
02-17-2012, 03:01 PM
You got me wrong. Of course neither J.R.Smith or Melo will take 30 shots per game.

But there are times when both of them shoot too much.

I just wanted to say they need to play within a system.

I don't mind Melo taking 20 shots per game if he takes them in rhythm or in a few post up/isolations plays.
But I don't want to see him holding the ball for 10 seconds and taking a tough shot.

Same thing with J.R.Smith. He takes a lot of dumb shots. Sometimes they go in but I want him to play smart and not chuck shots anytime he gets an opportunity to do so.

Check out my posts. I've been defending Melo since he got here.

You'll be pulling your hair out, this system encourages shooting the ball when open.

When JR comes in he will have games when he will be firing away.

Which is probably why he's here, there are times when our guards won't take a shot, trying to look for a better one, only to contribute to an unnecessary turnover.

JR helps in this regard.

Clutch
02-17-2012, 03:06 PM
You'll be pulling your hair out, this system encourages shooting the ball when open.

When JR comes in he will have games when he will be firing away.

Which is probably why he's here, there are times when our guards won't take a shot, trying to look for a better one, only to contribute to an unnecessary turnover.

JR helps in this regard.
I encourage shooting the ball when wide open. I don't have any problems with that,especially because J.R.Smith is a good shooter.

But I don't want to take him contested threes in transition with 20 seconds left on the shot clock and I saw him doing that multiple times.

Sarcastic
02-17-2012, 03:08 PM
I dont see why Knick fans here dont love Lin as much as I do.

What player do I like, I love the Knicks. I hate bad basketball.

I am not a fan of other players from other teams in any sports but I respect skills. I personally dont like it when people are fans of multiple teams and fans of players from other teams. Old school that way.

Jr is a dangerous character for a team that lacks leadership and I do think that this team until Lin-Sanity lacked it. I hope this rejuvenated locker room can keep this big talent personality in check.

If thats the case he may be able to start here. I kinda think initially he will come off the bench but I have a sneaky suspicion they promised him the money and minutes.

What do you mean he has improved the team in every phase of the game? We still get outrebounded, and our 3 point shooting still stinks.

What he has done is made the team cut down on taking the bad long 2 pointers. He is attacking the rim and we are shooting a much higher percentage of good shots.

knickscity
02-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Nobody hates Jeremy Lin. I just hate kneejerk comments. You know...kinda like this one. How exactly did Jeremy Lin improve EVERY aspect of the game? I think anyone would be foolish to hate on Lin. He's playing out of his mind. I just don't think blowing things out of proportion and declaring him "franchise saviour" is a pre-requisite to be a Knicks fan. Forgive me but I'd like to see a little more than 2 weeks of beating up on bad teams before I declare him an elite player.

Honestly I would honestly say Lin has essentially saved the season, and he's doing it playing as good as any pg in the league.

Do I expect him to keep this up? Not the scoring but the kid has showed some things that I do expect to continue, mainly good pg play, setting up teammates for a good shot, running the pnr, and dictating the pace of the game.

Sure he's done it against some of the not-so-goods in the league, but I'm sure those opponents all believed they had done their math.

Every year we search and search for our team's cancer because the media declares one player the Achilles' heel or malcontent.I finally realize what the problem is. The NY media is the Knicks Achilles Heel. They mirror what is going on in politics right now. Conservatives blaming Obama for things when the stats say the exact opposite. (ex "Obama wants to kill private sector jobs")

I try to avoid politics at all costs ( I leave that to my wife to chat about).

I do think that the Knicks media policy helps control what comes out though.

Honestly Melo is taking more heat than Ewing did, and it's plain sad.

His college coach should not have to go on radio shows defending Melo like he's done.

Some have seriously called him a "cancer", and that's just plain ridiculous.

Every great player doesn't win it all, but even if Melo did it, some still would not be happy.

Clutch
02-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Lin has been huge for our offense.

You could see that just by watching the Kings game.
With Lin in the lineup offense looks smooth.
Lin attacks the basket and sets up teammates for either an easy dunk/alley oop or a wide open three pointer.

With Shumpert at the point all the team did was standing behind the three point line and chucking bad shots. Why ? Because there was no one who could penetrate and create easy opportunities for the rest of the team.

I think Lin will be able to keep this up. I don't expect him to play like he did recently but I'm pretty confident he will be able to attack the basket and create for his teammates for the rest of the season.

13/8 is something I expect and I would be very satisfied with that.

franchize
02-17-2012, 03:17 PM
What do you mean he has improved the team in every phase of the game? We still get outrebounded, and our 3 point shooting still stinks.

What he has done is made the team cut down on taking the bad long 2 pointers. He is attacking the rim and we are shooting a much higher percentage of good shots.

Yea I think brother Rameek's post was an example of going too far lol No way you can say Lin is a better defender than Shump at the point. Nor can you say our turnovers have gotten better.

Lin has been our best facilitator all year however. Furthermore, he is the bets pg fit in this system since Steve NAsh.

MightyWhitey
02-17-2012, 05:12 PM
When I first heard that jr was coming to the Knicks I was happy. But now I am really thinking about it and think that this was not a good decision. Jr is a problem child and he could easily remove the rhythm of the game that Lin has created and knock fields and shump back to minor minutes. So far Lin is working well with chandler, fields, and shump. Amare seems to need more time to progress with Lin but I think they can be a real tag team.
Jr smith will not be a good addition to the teams chemistry. But then again I may eat my words and I hope I do.

knickscity
02-17-2012, 05:19 PM
When I first heard that jr was coming to the Knicks I was happy. But now I am really thinking about it and think that this was not a good decision. Jr is a problem child and he could easily remove the rhythm of the game that Lin has created and knock fields and shump back to minor minutes. So far Lin is working well with chandler, fields, and shump. Amare seems to need more time to progress with Lin but I think they can be a real tag team.
Jr smith will not be a good addition to the teams chemistry. But then again I may eat my words and I hope I do.
I think bringing in Smith makes the rotation correctly proportioned, instead of some of the sets we see out there.

This team needs scoring on the wing besides Melo, and JR definitely is not afraid to shoot it like Fields is at times, and more accurate than Shump is from there.

But he won't be taking their minutes, he'll be ensuring that the one's who really are playing too much stay within their normal effective minute allotment, thus getting his fair share of 20-25 minutes in the process.

I fully expect Tyson out of all of the players, to make sure JR doesn't even think of messing things up.

bluechox2
02-18-2012, 04:19 AM
signs two-year, $4.3M deal

Draz
02-18-2012, 04:20 AM
That's good. I like J.R. I hope we keep him for a long time. Regardless, he is a scorer and will gel easily. We need players knocking down shots, makes it difficult on the defense.

Da KO King
02-18-2012, 09:10 AM
No one outside of NYC uses that term. NO ONE! :oldlol:

I used it when I first moved down to MD and had to explain what I was trying to get. Down here they call them "huggies"

franchize
02-18-2012, 09:51 PM
End of the day, we got rid of a guy who wasn't getting any burn and got back a guy who could potentially crack the starting lineup for a huge discount. I remember wanting Nick Young and this guy is actually cheaper than Nick's qualifying offer.

Sarcastic
02-19-2012, 12:16 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nyk/roster

Will wear #8, and be the best player since Sprewell to don the number for the Knicks. :pimp:

percelloveknicks
02-19-2012, 07:30 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nyk/roster

Will wear #8, and be the best player since Sprewell to don the number for the Knicks. :pimp:Thats messed up, sprees number should be retired.

bluechox2
02-19-2012, 09:56 AM
spree reincarnate

Clutch
02-19-2012, 12:58 PM
J.R.Smith could play tonight.

Baron too but not as likely.

el gringos
02-19-2012, 02:15 PM
This will go down as one of the greatest signings in the nba- you will be amazed how easily he creates shots for both himself and others- if d'antoni plays him with the other scorers he will be way more efficiant of a scorer and more of a playmaker than the "chucker" you might be expecting- things like a starting pg off the rookie wage waiver list and a guy like jr smith for 2 million dollars for 2. Years- these are championship building moves, total luck in a way but also not because of the timing and the way the knicks have been putting the team together.

Sarcastic
02-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Great pick up for the Knicks. :applause:

The Ownage
02-19-2012, 04:43 PM
His energy was amazing today. Also the fact that he can actually create a shot off-the-dribble, something which I forgot existed as a Knicks fan.

Still don't like him but a few more games could change my opinion otherwise.

percelloveknicks
02-19-2012, 06:21 PM
:roll: t
His energy was amazing today. Also th:roll: :roll: e fact that he can actually create a shot off-the-dribble, something which I forgot existed as a Knicks fan.

Still don't like him but a few more games could change my opinion otherwise.how come you dont like him?!!! The mandoes nothing but his job, alot of you people i dont understand, he works hard, he is humble, and we win! What more do you want a part of his salary?!!!!

Clutch
02-19-2012, 06:30 PM
J.R.Smith can definitely ignite the crowd.

After he made those 3 threes I was yelling "Shoot it again,shoot it again" :lol

I'm really excited,this team is legit.
Maybe not so much for the regular season but no one would like to play against them in the playoffs.

franchize
02-19-2012, 06:38 PM
He puts em up! Dude hasnt been off the plane 24 hrs. He came out the airport shooting lmao. I dont mind tho. Broussard said it best. He is like a 6'5" Nate Robinson. Some days you'll love him. Some days you'll hate him. I'll take a guy like that over a career sacrub any day.

The Ownage
02-20-2012, 04:43 PM
:roll: thow come you dont like him?!!! The mandoes nothing but his job, alot of you people i dont understand, he works hard, he is humble, and we win! What more do you want a part of his salary?!!!!
:confusedshrug: He's definitely talented, in fact I think many teams could've used his services, notably the Bulls. But you also have to understand that he's just not the smartest player there. If he knows his limitations and goes with the flow for every game, then I'll be more than happy and he'll convince me that this was 100% the correct signing. I just don't want to jump into the conclusion yet that he's going to be a solid, consistent impact player for us.

I hope he comes off the bench to provide a spark with Shumpert. If he plays smart the rest of the year he could have a 6th man of the year type impact for us and I couldn't ask for anything more.

Jasi
02-21-2012, 05:01 AM
0-5
:facepalm

Clutch
02-21-2012, 05:14 AM
0-5
:facepalm
Look at the bright side.

He was 2-3 from inside the arc :oldlol:

percelloveknicks
02-21-2012, 08:35 AM
:confusedshrug: He's definitely talented, in fact I think many teams could've used his services, notably the Bulls. But you also have to understand that he's just not the smartest player there. If he knows his limitations and goes with the flow for every game, then I'll be more than happy and he'll convince me that this was 100% the correct signing. I just don't want to jump into the conclusion yet that he's going to be a solid, consistent impact player for us.

I hope he comes off the bench to provide a spark with Shumpert. If he plays smart the rest of the year he could have a 6th man of the year type impact for us and I couldn't ask for anything more.LMFAO!!!!!! You want him to come off the bench wit shump??!! The man almost single handedly brought us out of obscurity, he averages 27 pts per game and 8 dimes as the starting pg. True his turnovers are high but we still won. The man dont need to come off the bench, he needs to keep doing what he is doing. And thats win, do you think that your the type of guy that when we lose, you go i told you so. I know you said you dont like him, but nice avatar.

franchize
02-21-2012, 10:10 AM
LMFAO!!!!!! You want him to come off the bench wit shump??!! The man almost single handedly brought us out of obscurity, he averages 27 pts per game and 8 dimes as the starting pg. True his turnovers are high but we still won. The man dont need to come off the bench, he needs to keep doing what he is doing. And thats win, do you think that your the type of guy that when we lose, you go i told you so. I know you said you dont like him, but nice avatar.

i think he's talking about JR...not Lin.

percelloveknicks
02-21-2012, 11:08 AM
i think he's talking about JR...not Lin.LMFAO!!!! My bad.

The Ownage
02-22-2012, 10:28 AM
:lol I think I'd die in this board if I talked shit about Lin the Emperor.

bluechox2
02-23-2012, 05:52 AM
lin is our future, why would we put him on the bench

Rameek
02-23-2012, 12:34 PM
lin is our SUPERSTAR, why would we put him on the bench
*fixed

This JR Smith is awesome! He plays both ends! I've been wrong about him so far!

airchibundo507
02-23-2012, 01:38 PM
*fixed

This JR Smith is awesome! He plays both ends! I've been wrong about him so far!

apologize.

Rameek
02-23-2012, 03:07 PM
apologize.
Thought I did in a way. And I wanted him but I wanted him as a mature player which he has been so far....:bowdown:

Jasi
02-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Still not a fan here.

Dumb player for our dumb system.
I want to win, as in "change coach and win", as in "don't rely on chuckers having good shooting nights".

knickscity
02-23-2012, 03:41 PM
I want a change in coach as well, but hard to do it when Lin give the coaching staff all the credit for giving him a chance

Sarcastic
02-23-2012, 03:43 PM
I want a change in coach as well, but hard to do it when Lin give the coaching staff all the credit for giving him a chance

Yea, Lin really screwed this up big time. I guess we will see how it goes in the playoffs.

franchize
02-23-2012, 04:30 PM

Which I think is messed up. If it was up to Mike,Douglas would be our starting pg and Lin would be in China playing with Wilson Chandler somewhere. I hate that Mike is getting the credit for this when we know who should be.

:rant I can't stand D'Antoni.