PDA

View Full Version : JEREMY LIN (most turnovers in first 5 starts)

worldbefree
02-15-2012, 01:00 AM
amirite?

jk, but comeon j lin...fckin 8 turnovers AGAIN?

scott0326
02-15-2012, 01:02 AM
John Wall probably had more last year lol

Eric Cartman
02-15-2012, 01:02 AM
Who cares they won.

worldbefree
02-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Who cares they won.

i care, i'm a real knicks fan.

Patrick Chewing
Most points in first 5 starts.....EVAAAAAAARRRRRRRR

cuad
fatigue. played 43 minutes

Velocirap31
02-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Who cares they won.

This. I don't see the big deal about turnovers that don't lead to fast breaks for the other team. Several players chuck up at least 10 bad shots every night, but those affect the game in the same way.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-15-2012, 01:05 AM
As long as he's Linning, nothing else matters.

bmulls
02-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Playing in D'Antoni's system inflates TO numbers to begin with, let alone the fact that he is basically a rookie. Even Steve Nash was averaging ~4 TOs per game. Plus if you watched the game, 2 or 3 of those TOs were fumbles by Amare/Chandler. He will cut down as he gets more and more comfortable.

Killbot
02-15-2012, 01:07 AM
He turns over the ball when he's fatigue.

nathanjizzle
02-15-2012, 01:08 AM
wow, a knicks fan complaining about turnovers even though he won the game for you.

vinsane01
02-15-2012, 01:09 AM
My reaction to when he had his first 8 TO was to neglect it, since he was responsible for their win anyway. I dont see how this one is any different. If the knicks lost, then that's a different story.

worldbefree
02-15-2012, 01:10 AM
wow, a knicks fan complaining about turnovers even though he won the game for you.

yeah, cause i'm about the long haul and this shit wont last if he keeps turning it over 6-8 times a game.

blacknapalm
02-15-2012, 01:11 AM
it's definitely a problem area that he needs to work on. keep in mind, he was getting crappy screens all night and they were integrating stoudemire back. a couple of those were chemistry/communication issues

Collie
02-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Magic once averaged 4.6 TO per game. 4.6!

Derka
02-15-2012, 01:12 AM
yeah, cause i'm about the long haul and this shit wont last if he keeps turning it over 6-8 times a game.

They will when they force their opponents to commit 18 turnovers compared to their 16.

Pointguard
02-15-2012, 01:15 AM
amirite?

I'm shocked that its that few. With the team we had, and the motivation problems that existed, Lin has to push them and put the ball in front of them instead of where they are at. Means absolutely nothing at this point. Its not like he's had practices to get familar with the team. He's learning the starters, in game time.

L8kersfan222
02-15-2012, 01:16 AM
lebron fans don't understand, its not just looking at the stat sheet gotta watch the game

Patrick Chewing
02-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Lin commits turnovers because he attacks. If you attack the basket, you're looking to draw in defenders. The great thing about Lin is that for every turnover he commits, he has 3x as many points and creates 5x more opportunities for other players.

nathanjizzle
02-15-2012, 01:22 AM
"im a real knicks fan, i care about 5 TO a game and not 6-0"

nathanjizzle
02-15-2012, 01:24 AM
"im a real knicks fan, i talk shit about the player that revived my team and made them relevant again"

no pun intended
02-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Most ******* in first five starts.

devin112
02-15-2012, 01:38 AM
amirite?

6 consecutive wins and counting, u moron. Scoring, passing, making game winners, winning games, etc...

And you just had to pop open a nice cold bottle of hater juice didn't u?

Come on son, get ur head outta yo ass. Looking for any reason to take him down? He's winning games, that's all the matters. He's going to get better with that no question.

gyu
02-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Westbrook averaging 4.4 turnovers while averaging around 3 assists less. Westbrook's only averaging 5.5 assists by the way. If it's no big deal for him then it's no big deal for Lin.

ace23
02-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Westbrook averaging 4.4 turnovers while averaging around 3 assists less. Westbrook's only averaging 5.5 assists by the way. If it's no big deal for him then it's no big deal for Lin.
Who said it's no big deal for Westbrook? :oldlol:

gyu
Who said it's no big deal for Westbrook? :oldlol:
I don't see any threads about his turnovers, do you?

bluechox2
its his first 7 games with a major role, what did you expect? of course hes gonna have mistakes trying to figure out all the players sweetspot all on his own at the pg and no decent backup

clayton
02-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Overrated passer. What court vision?

imdaman99
02-16-2012, 11:12 AM
lol its a big deal for him because those turnovers are the only thing preventing him from being top 10

ace23
02-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I don't see any threads about his turnovers, do you?
He has not come out of nowhere to lead his team to seven consecutive victories. Of course there have been more Lin threads. :confusedshrug:

All Net
02-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Who cares they won.

Against quality teams it will matter...,

bluechox2
02-16-2012, 11:17 AM
westbrook and durant 4.4 and 3.7 respectively
lebron 3.8
kobe 3.7
nash 3.6

what do they have in common? high ball usage, thats what happens
what else in common? they have at least more than 1 year playing with their
teams

lins at it for 7 games, relax

DMV2
02-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Lin's turnovers are streaky and not sporadically through out the game as he usually turns the ball over consecutively in 3 or 4 straight possessions.

He has also gone through a quarter and even halves with one or two turnovers. Last night he had only 1 TO at halftime.

Bigsmoke
02-16-2012, 11:51 AM
yeah dude lick booty

MMM
02-16-2012, 11:53 AM
i don't see the op as hating just having some concern that he needs to cut down the TO's which is understandable. I mean it is easy to get caught up in all the things Lin is doing but if he is giving up the ball to the opponent that many times when the post season comes around then the Knicks playoff run will be brief. As a real knick fan as he put it then he should be more concerned about what they do in the postseason over a 6 game winning streak in the regular season.

niko
02-16-2012, 11:53 AM
It's definitely a concern. It's something to work on. I hardly think at 8 games into a career at age 24 it's a dealbreaker. I rememebr Wade (and note: He's not Wade nor do i wish to imply that) turning the ball over like he was being paid to do it early on.

greymatter
02-16-2012, 12:02 PM
In this streak, he's also had a 7/1 and 10/2 ass/t.o. game as well. There's no reason to think that he won't be able to improve in that regard. It should settle down as he gets more experience.

All Net
02-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Maybe with melo back he won't need to go so much and force the issue.

Collie
02-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Magic Johnson: 4.6 TO per game 1985

MK2V1GP
02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
This is what I don't get.

With Rubio's impressive start, everyone harped on him struggling shooting. They pointed that more out than when he'd have 14 assists or 9 rebounds or 6 steals.

But with Lin, they almost completely ignore the fact that he's been a turnover machine.

With that said, I still support Lin. I hope he keeps it up. I'm just getting a little nauseous hearing about him so much.

bmulls
02-16-2012, 12:20 PM
This is what I don't get.

With Rubio's impressive start, everyone harped on him struggling shooting. They pointed that more out than when he'd have 14 assists or 9 rebounds or 6 steals.

But with Lin, they almost completely ignore the fact that he's been a turnover machine.

With that said, I still support Lin. I hope he keeps it up. I'm just getting a little nauseous hearing about him so much.

To most Americans, Rubio is practically a Mexican

GOBB
02-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Magic Johnson: 4.6 TO per game 1985

Assist to turnover ratio was what? Why leave that out???!

Collie
02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Assist to turnover ratio was what? Why leave that out???!

Because Lin isn't as good as Magic? I'm pretty sure most everyone knows Magic averaged around 12-13 apg during that span.

GOBB
02-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Because Lin isn't as good as Magic? I'm pretty sure most everyone knows Magic averaged around 12-13 apg during that span.

So what was the point in highlighting turnovers???? Makes no sense.

greymatter
02-16-2012, 01:08 PM
To most Americans, Rubio is practically a Mexican

The Mexicans I know would probably take that as an insult.

Collie
02-16-2012, 01:10 PM
So what was the point in highlighting turnovers???? Makes no sense.

That even the best turnover the ball a lot? High USG = high TO

I.R.Beast
02-16-2012, 01:18 PM
This. I don't see the big deal about turnovers that don't lead to fast breaks for the other team. Several players chuck up at least 10 bad shots every night, but those affect the game in the same way.

8 is alot, but turnovers are overated...4 or les turnover is only 1 per quarter. for a primary ball handler that is not alot. I'd only concerned about turnovers coming from poor passes leading to points etc and other turnovers of that nature.

I.R.Beast
02-16-2012, 01:19 PM
This....Zeke Thomas average 3.8 turnovers for his career and a few years of 4+ turnovers. still was great.

GOBB
02-16-2012, 01:32 PM

But then took at assist to turnover ratio and noticed how low Lins is in comparison to the best who turned it over alot. A Light bulb should cut on. If not then you may be brain dead. People need to stop using great players like magic Nash as some attempt to spin how Lin turnovers aren't that big of a deal. They are.

GOBB
02-16-2012, 01:35 PM
8 is alot, but turnovers are overated...4 or les turnover is only 1 per quarter. for a primary ball handler that is not alot. I'd only concerned about turnovers coming from poor passes leading to points etc and other turnovers of that nature.

So any stat that isn't positive, good is overrated. Low fg% overrated. Low ppg? Meh overrated. Low assist per game? Pfft cool story bro but overrated. So let's just eliminate any stat that isn't hyping Lin up. Makes sense.

HurricaneKid
02-16-2012, 01:41 PM
But then took at assist to turnover ratio and noticed how low Lins is in comparison to the best who turned it over alot. A Light bulb should cut on. If not then you may be brain dead. People need to stop using great players like magic Nash as some attempt to spin how Lin turnovers aren't that big of a deal. They are.

Not only are they a big deal but it shows how he is going to be defended by good teams and in the playoffs. They are going to push him left and trap the PnR. And he is going to have to get much better or they are going to be right back to where they were. He also has to be better defensively. Calderon was killing him a few nights ago. He has been great but when you and I see cracks you know full well others are going to see them as well.

Remember, in this great run they have beaten ONE playoff team and it is a team with possibly the worst PG depth in the history of the game and a team that has struggled to a 5-10 road record. When Melo gets back and they get crushed @Mia he is going to take heat he doesn't deserve.

Teanett
02-16-2012, 01:47 PM
what's the big deal?
yesterday he had like 9 assists before his 1st turnover. by then, knicks were already up by 20. :confusedshrug:

IGOTGAME
02-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Not only are they a big deal but it shows how he is going to be defended by good teams and in the playoffs. They are going to push him left and trap the PnR. And he is going to have to get much better or they are going to be right back to where they were. He also has to be better defensively. Calderon was killing him a few nights ago. He has been great but when you and I see cracks you know full well others are going to see them as well.

Remember, in this great run they have beaten ONE playoff team and it is a team with possibly the worst PG depth in the history of the game and a team that has struggled to a 5-10 road record. When Melo gets back and they get crushed @Mia he is going to take heat he doesn't deserve.

been saying the same thing. also surprised people aren't forcing him left and going under screens. but it's really not worth saying anymore because everyone is linsane. Its good for basketball thought, so f it.

GOBB
02-16-2012, 01:52 PM

Good call :cheers:

Teanett
02-16-2012, 01:53 PM
what i find more worrying is ricky rubio's turnovers and the wolves inability to execute down the stretch.
lin is clutch and only turns it over in stretches when he's losing focus. remember, these are also the first 7 times he played HEAVY minutes.

...i'm right and ya'll know it.

IGOTGAME
02-16-2012, 01:54 PM
what i find more worrying is ricky rubio's turnovers and the wolves inability to execute down the stretch.
lin is clutch and only turns it over in stretches when he's losing focus. remember, these are also the first 7 times he played HEAVY minutes.

...i'm right and ya'll know it.

then you having been watching Ricky. He has been great overall in the clutch this year. He also has a very respectable assist to turnover ratio. what should bother you is his shooting at this point.

But trust me, Ricky would average 14-15 assists in the New York under Mike D's system.

the one thing people are going to shocked about is Lin's passing. He isn't on the level that people are talking about. Doesn't have that vision or ability to put different types of passes on the mark at different angles. But it will show up in due time.

Teanett
02-16-2012, 02:01 PM
then you having been watching Ricky. He has been great overall in the clutch this year. He also has a very respectable assist to turnover ratio. what should bother you is his shooting at this point.

But trust me, Ricky would average 14-15 assists in the New York under Mike D's system.

the one thing people are going to shocked about is Lin's passing. He isn't on the level that people are talking about. Doesn't have that vision or ability to put different types of passes on the mark at different angles. But it will show up in due time.

rubio is great. a better passer than lin (probably the best not named nash) and a great decision maker, but he is careless late in games (not only vs nyk) and the wolves have a hard time running plays in crunch situations. it's not all his fault, but also his.

ralph_i_el
02-16-2012, 03:18 PM
8 is still a lot of turnovers, but he is playing over 40 minutes of up tempo basketball which inflates the number of turnovers

Dengness9
02-16-2012, 03:29 PM

You're about the long haul??? what does that even mean in this context and conversation??

Lin is averaging 9-10 assists as a starter and turnovers are always a problem for such young and inexperienced players like Lin at the PG position.

Adding to all of it, D'antoni's offense, Lin's usage rate, Lin's MPG....

Its to be expected dude, he'll improve that part of his game no doubt.'

JLin has the knicks on a 7 game winning streak, the knicks as the top story in the NBA right now, and dude is CLUTCH as shit right now.

This thread didn't need to be made.

GOBB
02-17-2012, 10:13 PM
8 turnovers at halftime. Overrated stat tho.

*cues up magic/nash turnover avg in some random season*

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The_Yearning
02-17-2012, 10:21 PM
As long as they win tonight and beat the Mavericks on Sunday, nobody is going to care.

Lin Lin Lin!

j3lademaster
02-17-2012, 10:58 PM

Did I miss something here? Prime Nash played with a prime Amare(along with a Marion, Joe Johnson) under Mike D's system and averaged like 11 assists. I'm supposed to believe Rubio is 3 or 4 assists/g better passer than prime Nash?

DMV2
02-17-2012, 11:03 PM
If he's doing this after a full year as a starter then that'd be a major concern. Only been a starter for 10 or so days. No training camp.

He's basically on-the-job training.