PDA

View Full Version : JR narrows choice to Knicks and Clippers!!

airchibundo507
02-16-2012, 04:45 AM
NY baby!!

Help us get a ring!!

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/34860193

East_Stone_Ya
02-16-2012, 04:53 AM
Help us get a ring!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqrombhBMY1qeih7z.gif

Cowboy Thunder
02-16-2012, 04:56 AM
Melo and JR Smith have great chemistry

:lol

http://nsa14.casimages.com/img/2010/04/08/100408083015536501.gif

Draz
02-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Melo and JR Smith have great chemistry

http://nsa14.casimages.com/img/2010/04/08/100408083015536501.gif

Lmfao to this day I don't understand this. Someone explain it to me, what had happened here?

Edit:

A strange, scary play took place in the third quarter of the Nuggets' close win over the Thunder on Wednesday. Carmelo Anthony drove into the lane and made contact with Kevin Durant, and Anthony's head appeared to get pushed down into his neck, causing him to collapse to the floor.

The referees ruled the play as a traveling violation against Anthony, and Carmelo lied flat on his back as the ball was awarded to the Thunder. Apparently the officials thought that the reason for Anthony lying there was that he was okay, but perhaps frustrated with the call. That clearly wasn't the case, though, because when Denver got the ball back on the following possession, Anthony was still on the floor, and stayed motionless as the play was allowed to continue at full speed all around him.

Source: http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/08/video-carmelo-anthony-collapses-on-the-court-play-goes-on-arou/

eh took a while to find out. lol

hope he comes to ny we need more scorers.

BEAST Griffin
02-16-2012, 04:59 AM
Clippers have enough scorers. Don't need him.

Knicks can have him.

Draz
02-16-2012, 05:04 AM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nba/photogallery/smithtrade.jpg
http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/rasta/6508-main.jpg

MJ(Mean John)
02-16-2012, 05:05 AM
Wtf.

Did the fukcen lakers not show interest?!

Fukc man.

MJ(Mean John)
02-16-2012, 05:05 AM

"backcourt rotation that includes global sensation Jeremy Lin, global non-sensation Baron Davis"

airchibundo507
02-16-2012, 05:06 AM
Wtf.

Fukc man.

Arenas is still available. Don't give up hope, man.

Draz
02-16-2012, 05:06 AM
Lakers have D-Fish, the man, the boss.

MJ(Mean John)
02-16-2012, 05:08 AM
Lol

Fck the two posters above ^^^

poido123
02-16-2012, 05:08 AM

Knicks can have him.

Um, if you want to compete for a title, you will need more than Foye playing SG. Smith should give you a nice outside threat, while also creating a formidable trio on the fast break. You think you have lob city now, wait til JR hits town, the fans will love him. I can see this team's energy fueling off the fastbreak highlights, and JR will finally reach his true potential.

Haymaker
02-16-2012, 05:09 AM
Lakers could not offer him much. I'd rather have him on the other LA. :lol

poido123
02-16-2012, 05:10 AM
Wtf.

Fukc man.

Has been tough for you guys for the first time ever :lol

I will have a guess that Lakers will acquire Arenas and Beasley. How that goes is anyone's guess, could potentially make them unstoppable or an off the court nightmare.

knickswin
02-16-2012, 05:11 AM
when can he sign a contract?

airchibundo507
02-16-2012, 05:12 AM

yesterday

knickswin
02-16-2012, 05:13 AM
yesterday
oh wow. hope he makes a decision soon (to join the knicks . . .)

we should trade amar'e for antawn jamison's expiring so we can sign j.r. to a longer contract this summer. I'm not sure if I'm kidding . . .

poido123
02-16-2012, 05:15 AM

supposedly yesterday, Feb 15 if im not mistaken?

DRose1899
02-16-2012, 05:16 AM

Knicks can have him.
Your backcourt have too many midget man, JR will help a lot. And foye average at best.

Xiao Yao You
02-16-2012, 05:21 AM
supposedly yesterday, Feb 15 if im not mistaken?

Plus up to a week for Fiba clearance. He'll start with LA and play a bigger role.

RazorBaLade
02-16-2012, 05:26 AM
Wow Screw You Jr

poido123
02-16-2012, 05:27 AM
Plus up to a week for Fiba clearance. He'll start with LA and play a bigger role.

F**k, get your ass out there in the Clippers uniform pronto. My fantasy team needs you JR :lol

I wouldnt put it past him to average 18 points, three 3's, 3 assists and 2 steals for the clips. Im not exaggerating, that team will be fast breaking like a mofo. Which will create more points/possessions, and more turnovers/steals in every game, due to court kaos, sounds far-fetched, call me a visionary... :lol

poido123
02-16-2012, 05:29 AM
Wow Screw You Jr

Probably mean more pain and running for their old-ass cross town rivals :lol

JR on this team will be exciting to watch!

LJJ
02-16-2012, 05:30 AM
Most baffling part of that article:

"Smith has connections with both the Knicks and the Clippers, and both have expressed serious interest in his services. New York has Smith's former teammate with the Denver Nuggets, All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony, as well as his former Nuggets boss, Mark Warkentien, a noted advocate of Smith's game"

:roll:

talkingconch
02-16-2012, 05:37 AM
Lakers are about to pull a hat trick

devin112
02-16-2012, 05:41 AM
Wtf.

Fukc man.

You don't follow your team much then. Smith spoke with Brown already. Lakers would love to have JR.

airchibundo507
02-16-2012, 05:42 AM
Lakers are about to pull a hat trick

Iverson, Arenas and Steve Francis

Championship

airchibundo507
02-16-2012, 05:44 AM
Most baffling part of that article:

"Smith has connections with both the Knicks and the Clippers, and both have expressed serious interest in his services. New York has Smith's former teammate with the Denver Nuggets, All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony, as well as his former Nuggets boss, Mark Warkentien, a noted advocate of Smith's game"

:roll:

So when are you going to admit you were wrong about Chandler?

Regardless of what team he plays on, he's at least a 10/10 guy.

He is every bit as motivated to winning as he was in Dallas. He isn't satisfied with the ring he won last year.

He has been the Knicks' most consistent player and our defensive foundation.

poido123
02-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Iverson, Arenas and Steve Francis

Championship

Cheap shot, but well played :lol

I think Arenas has a lot to prove to be liked on ISH again..I truly believe he has got alot of his game back, hopefully he gets a chance to show if he has anything left.

RazorBaLade
02-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Probably mean more pain and running for their old-ass cross town rivals :lol

JR on this team will be exciting to watch!

full blown fight next game clipper game.. I really expect it.

LJJ
02-16-2012, 05:51 AM
So when are you going to admit you were wrong about Chandler?

Regardless of what team he plays on, he's at least a 10/10 guy.

He is every bit as motivated to winning as he was in Dallas. He isn't satisfied with the ring he won last year.

He has been the Knicks' most consistent player and our defensive foundation.

Knicks played horrible with him getting his 10-10, and they can also play great with him getting 10-10. In other words, a solid non-impact player. A decent starter, but not someone who adds a whole bunch of wins over the course of a season. He hasn't turned them into a great defensive team by himself, they are still average at best in that regard.

How is this any different from what I said when they signed him? This is exactly what I said when they signed him. I never said he would be horrible, but I did say that it's not MAX money impact by a long shot.

airchibundo507
02-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Knicks played horrible with him getting his 10-10, and they can also play great with him getting 10-10. In other words, a solid non-impact player. A decent starter, but not someone who adds a whole bunch of wins over the course of a season. He hasn't turned them into a great defensive team by himself, they are still average at best in that regard.

How is this any different from what I said when they signed him? This is exactly what I said when they signed him. I never said he would be horrible, but I did say that it's not MAX money impact by a long shot.

The Knicks were losing games on the offensive end, not on defense. Our defense has been one of our assets. Chandler's defense is even enough to offset the ineptitude of Amare on that end. Not only is his production unwavering, he also has been our most vocal leader. He has instilled an environment of defense.

He isn't as useless on offense as you described him to be. He has been utilized in more pick-and-rolls than Amare, and he is a damn good finisher on the pnr with his length and ability to hit free throws.

poido123
02-16-2012, 05:58 AM
full blown fight next game clipper game.. I really expect it.

:lol That will be exciting to watch too..JR, Paul and Martin suspended, book it!

poido123
02-16-2012, 05:59 AM
The Knicks were losing games on the offensive end, not on defense. Our defense has been one of our assets. Chandler's defense is even enough to offset the ineptitude of Amare on that end. Not only is his production unwavering, he also has been our most vocal leader. He has instilled an environment of defense.

He isn't as useless on offense as you described him to be. He has been utilized in more pick-and-rolls than Amare, and he is a damn good finisher on the pnr with his length and ability to hit free throws.

Wrong thread guys, back on topic.

LJJ
02-16-2012, 06:02 AM

He isn't as useless on offense as youand he is a damn good finisher on the pnr with his length and ability to hit free throws described him to be. He has been utilized in more pick-and-rolls than Amare, .

Good finisher, averaging 10-10, one block a game. This is all exactly conforming to my opinion before the season.

Where is the proof that Chandler turned NYK into a good defensive team? They are pretty much middle of the pack or lower across the defensive statsheet.

Let's face it, Chandler isn't providing much impact. The latest surge has been all Lin, the terrible performance of before was with Chandler playing as well as his is now. You do understand what non-impact means right?

knickswin
02-16-2012, 06:08 AM
i know d'antoni's system is known as a freelance system, but it is kind of disciplined in a way. j.r. would either be a wing whose only role was to take spot-up jumpers or drive if there was an open lane or he would play some pick and roll as the point guard.

I think that would be good for him. clippers play total random ball. his bad habits could come out very easily. even chris paul at times plays stupidly. it's not his fault. there is no structure whatsoever to how they play. I think it would be bad for him to further his reputation of being a stupid chucker.

poido123
02-16-2012, 06:12 AM
i know d'antoni's system is known as a freelance system, but it is kind of disciplined in a way. j.r. would either be a wing whose only role was to take spot-up jumpers or drive if there was an open lane or he would play some pick and roll as the point guard.

I think that would be good for him. clippers play total random ball. his bad habits could come out very easily. even chris paul at times plays stupidly. it's not his fault. there is no structure whatsoever to how they play. I think it would be bad for him to further his reputation of being a stupid chucker.

I would disagree with this. I don't think JR's full potential would be utilised on the knicks team, he needs an unstructured, chaotic, free running team, no better team to fit his strengths than the clippers IMO.

2swift4u
02-16-2012, 06:14 AM
I still don't get why the NBA didn't allow the Lakers to try to get CP3 but now the Clippers end up super stacked and that's ok?!? :wtf:

knickswin
02-16-2012, 06:17 AM
I would agree with this. I don't think JR's full potential would be utilised on the knicks team, he needs an unstructured, chaotic, free running team, no better team to fit his strengths than the clippers IMO.

totally disagree. clippers are an even worse version of the nuggets random ball. that's how you end up with jr running around the perimeter chucking threes and taking stupid shots from the mid range.

for a guy with his reputation, I think a bit of structure could go a long way. he wants a nice contract. showing that he can play with a brain will help.

airchibundo507
02-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Good finisher, averaging 10-10, one block a game. This is all exactly conforming to my opinion before the season.

Where is the proof that Chandler turned NYK into a good defensive team? They are pretty much middle of the pack or lower across the defensive statsheet.

Let's face it, Chandler isn't providing much impact. The latest surge has been all Lin, the terrible performance of before was with Chandler playing as well as his is now. You do understand what non-impact means right?

The Knicks were close to the worst defense in basketball last year and now they are middle of the pack with most of the same personnel. I'd call that a tremendous improvement. They just held the Lakers to under 90 points on 37%, with Chandler locking down Bynum to 1-8 FG.

Here's your post from early in December:

Defensive anchor? That's cute.

The Mavericks defense was good due to the virtue of every single player hustling and busting his ass on that end. Tyson Chandler has never been a good defender on any team he played on other than last season. Where the hell was Tyson Chandler when the Bobcats or the Hornets needed a defensive anchor? I remember Chandler getting outplayed by his teammate Nazr Mohamed every game. And this was the exact same Tyson Chandler he is today.

But most of what you said does seem pretty reasonable. That he isn't much of a shotblocker. He is mostly a role player. That outside of Dallas, he has never been a defensive anchor. I just think that his anchor quality carried over to NY.

v1ncelis
02-16-2012, 06:23 AM
Do not want. Fields and Shump are playing just fine.

poido123
02-16-2012, 06:25 AM
totally disagree. clippers are an even worse version of the nuggets random ball. that's how you end up with jr running around the perimeter chucking threes and taking stupid shots from the mid range.

for a guy with his reputation, I think a bit of structure could go a long way. he wants a nice contract. showing that he can play with a brain will help.

Ill disagree again. Smith playing alongside an elite point guard and a team that exemplifies his strengths, I cant see how thats not the best fit for him. Smith needs a soft handed coach to allow him to play his game and free reign in the open court, its as simple as that. Time will tell and we have to wait and see.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2012, 06:26 AM

Clippers have been a top 3 offense all year long overall and top 10 all year long when it comes to assists. You don't get those things with "random ball". The thing the Clippers specialize in is utilizing their strengths offensively. Pick and roll, fastbreaks and outside shooting. If Jr joins the Knicks do you honestly think he's going to get touches with the way Melo and Amare hold the ball?

Butler and Chauncey are both at 15 ppg for the Clippers this year. Mo Williams is at 14 ppg. That's while playing with two superstars in Griffin and CP3. Jr is NOT going to get the touches, nor have the offensive opportunities in NY that he will for the Clippers.

You can't compare an extremely balanced offense that loves to share the ball with an offense that is known for lack of ball movement and isolation plays.

Trentknicks
02-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Clippers have been a top 3 offense all year long overall and top 10 all year long when it comes to assists. You don't get those things with "random ball". The thing the Clippers specialize in is utilizing their strengths offensively. Pick and roll, fastbreaks and outside shooting. If Jr joins the Knicks do you honestly think he's going to get touches with the way Melo and Amare hold the ball?

Butler and Chauncey are both at 15 ppg for the Clippers this year. Mo Williams is at 14 ppg. That's while playing with two superstars in Griffin and CP3. Jr is NOT going to get the touches, nor have the offensive opportunities in NY that he will for the Clippers.

You can't compare an extremely balanced offense that loves to share the ball with an offense that is known for lack of ball movement and isolation plays.

You clearly haven't watched the last 7 games the Knicks have played. :facepalm

chazzy
02-16-2012, 06:38 AM

They went from 8th worst to 8th best defense so far.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2012, 06:40 AM
You clearly haven't watched the last 7 games the Knicks have played. :facepalm

I actually have. I just know Melo has been a ballstopper his entire career and that's not going to change. You put a guy back into the line up who needs/wants 20+ shots a game and it's easy to see why Jr won't get touches. Now you have a very good PG who should have touches and two star players who aren't exactly known for sharing the ball.

bluechox2
02-16-2012, 07:13 AM
clips can have smith, they need him more than the knicks

LoneyROY7
02-16-2012, 07:17 AM
Welcome to LA, JR.

Watching JR do the chicken dance after hitting a game-winning triple in the Finals will be EPIC.

niko
02-16-2012, 07:30 AM
He can go to the Clips. We don't need him as much and frankly his "who am i going to" tour annoys me.

LoneyROY7
02-16-2012, 07:34 AM
He can go to the Clips. We don't need him as much and frankly his "who am i going to" tour annoys me.

I would tend to agree.

With Lin's emergence, along with Melo and Amare, scoring shouldn't really be an issue. A defensive-mind 2-guard like Landry or Shumpert seems to be a better fit at this point.

All Net
02-16-2012, 07:34 AM
How much do clippers have to offer?

Jon_Koncak
02-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Knicks can give him the MLE and Clippers only the vet minimum..yeah tough choice.No matter how much he's trolling from his twitter account or how close he's with CP3,he'll go for the more $$$

Knicks101
02-16-2012, 08:10 AM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif
Why the hell would we need this guy?

Fiasco
02-16-2012, 08:14 AM
How much do clippers have to offer?

Mini.

But he's allowed to take 1 extra three point field gold attempt every game for every million he gives up.

#crossdressertextmessage

nycelt84
02-16-2012, 08:24 AM
It's funny that not a single one of the real Knicks fans on this forum wants JR on the team.

bagelred
02-16-2012, 08:27 AM
It's funny that not a single one of the real Knicks fans on this forum wants JR on the team.

I don't want him. Don't need chemistry killing thug on the team.......please go to the Clippers.

airchibundo507
02-16-2012, 10:53 AM

Knicks fans on other boards are ambivalent, mostly 50/50

The positives far outweigh the negatives: (1) our bench production is weak in scoring, (2) novak is the only shooter on the roster and yet plays the same position as carmelo (consequently, in limited minutes), and (3) shumpert and fields can't hit the outside shot... at all. they are liabilities in crunchtime because defenders will leave them to load up the paint to stop Lin & Melo.

It's funny that a lot of Knicks fans forgot Fields' disappearing act in the postseason last year. Or think that a week of Shumpert abusing bad teams and gaining confidence means he will do the same against postseason defenses.

JR is high reward/low risk. Added depth is an asset in this shortened season.

Sarcastic
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
He's from New Jersey. He's got a wicked jump shot. I'll take him on the Knicks.

fubu05
02-16-2012, 11:15 AM
If the Knicks could get him it would be huge. It would pretty much be a Shump-JR back-up back-court. Which is pretty ****in good.

All Net
02-16-2012, 11:17 AM
I think the clippers make more sense in terms of winning and better stats go get him a new contract.

Paul will get him alot of good looks.

bluechox2
02-16-2012, 11:19 AM
heneeds minimum 15 shots a game, and will find a way to get it

niko
02-16-2012, 11:34 AM
ESPN just said Denver GM said he's going to talk to JR about a contract. Haha...go to Denver JR.

I don't hate JR but i don't think he really fits.

imdaman99
02-16-2012, 11:39 AM
as a knicks fan, i dont want him anywhere near them. the only reason this headcase piece of shit is even considering the knicks is because he wants some media attention and he knows he would get it in NY especially with lin here. gtfo, go to the clippers. fcuk off

bagelred
02-16-2012, 12:02 PM
as a knicks fan, i dont want him anywhere near them. the only reason this headcase piece of shit is even considering the knicks is because he wants some media attention and he knows he would get it in NY especially with lin here. gtfo, go to the clippers. fcuk off

Lincredible post. 5 stars.

hawkfan
02-16-2012, 12:05 PM
NY baby!!

Help us get a ring!!

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/34860193

Smith could really screw up the chemistry in New York. And why would the Knicks play him over Shumpert? His minutes will be limited.

He'd really be better off with the Lakers. Kobe can handle him mentally, and he will get a lot of minutes at the 3.

The_Yearning
02-16-2012, 12:06 PM
I have no doubt he is going to NY. He wants to be along for the Lin Express. Feed the dragon.

DMV2
02-16-2012, 12:14 PM
He's better off with the Lakers where they are in desperate need of bench and perimeter scoring.

Knicks already have shooters in Novak and Walker(not a good shooter but can be streaky). He's not starting over Fields in New York because Fields glue guy role is perfect for the Knicks- a guy who gets loose rebounds, takes good selection of shots. And he's not taking Shum's minutes away either.

MeLO MvP 15
02-16-2012, 01:31 PM
http://www.cheadlehulmedental.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/fingers-crossed.jpg

C'mon JR! Your buddy Melo will pick you up at the airport. Also if you play with Lin the Asian fans might forgive you for your antics in China lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Cheap shot, but well played :lol

I think Arenas has a lot to prove to be liked on ISH again..I truly believe he has got alot of his game back, hopefully he gets a chance to show if he has anything left.
It's funny watching these cheap shots...coming from fans of one team that has never won a championship and the other team hasnt won a championship since 1973.

MeLO MvP 15
02-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN
Knicks closing in on a deal for JR Smith, Daily News has learned. Need to cut a player. Two weeks earlier and it could have been Jeremy Lin
Just now. Although, I personally won't believe it til someone else reports it or JR says something himself (which is likely with wherever he signs)

niko
02-16-2012, 01:54 PM
He's going to be a clipper. Isola knows nothing, the garden hate him, the knick players hate him, the other media hates him. If Dolan had a shoot hot fire up Frank Isola's ass button he'd be frying right now (and vice versa).

Isola swore up and down Isiah is still running things as early as a month ago. He's uber douche.

Clutch
02-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN
Knicks closing in on a deal for JR Smith, Daily News has learned. Need to cut a player. Two weeks earlier and it could have been Jeremy Lin

Clippersfan86
02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
He's going to be a clipper. Isola knows nothing, the garden hate him, the knick players hate him, the other media hates him. If Dolan had a shoot hot fire up Frank Isola's ass button he'd be frying right now (and vice versa).

Isola swore up and down Isiah is still running things as early as a month ago. He's uber douche.

Has he ever said something like this though? Even if he's hated... it seems random that he would make up the team being close to a deal. I always thought he was going to be a Knick and that the Clippers are his second choice. We'll see what happens though.

niko
02-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Has he ever said something like this though? Even if he's hated... it seems random that he would make up the team being close to a deal. I always thought he was going to be a Knick and that the Clippers are his second choice. We'll see what happens though.
He's as wrong as much as he is right. He said definitely that Gallo would need to be in the Jared Jefferies deal or else the Knicks couldn't do it. He said definitely several times the Knicks would not get Melo. Over and over.

He might be right but i wouldn't believe till a better source comes up. Isola is a better after the fact scoure, like JR signs and then Isola gets a bunch of interesting follow up, who the knicks are cutting, etc. Breaking stories? I doubt.

Haymaker
02-16-2012, 02:30 PM
With the Clippers he's got a guaranteed starting role. The knicks are ok at the SG position and he would have to compete against the other two. LA is the place to be for JR. :applause:

Clutch
02-16-2012, 02:32 PM
With the Clippers he's got a guaranteed starting role. The knicks are ok at the SG position and he would have to compete against the other two. LA is the place to be for JR. :applause:
Knicks can offer him more money.

Also if the Knicks can keep up this winning then playing for the Knicks >>> playing for the Clippers.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2012, 02:34 PM
He's as wrong as much as he is right. He said definitely that Gallo would need to be in the Jared Jefferies deal or else the Knicks couldn't do it. He said definitely several times the Knicks would not get Melo. Over and over.

He might be right but i wouldn't believe till a better source comes up. Isola is a better after the fact scoure, like JR signs and then Isola gets a bunch of interesting follow up, who the knicks are cutting, etc. Breaking stories? I doubt.

Oh okay. Yea man I don't see him fitting with Knicks as well right now. I mean Lin is a beast.... Melo and Amare each need 15-20 shots. Then you add in Baron Davis soon who has one of the top 10 usage rates every season pretty much. Obviously he would help ANY team in some way....... but if he wants a smoother transition/role... he chooses Clippers. Knowing Jr's intelligence, logic and attitude though it's going to be Knicks probably :oldlol: .

He's probably thinking of nothing besides money, publicity etc.

IGOTGAME
02-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Oh okay. Yea man I don't see him fitting with Knicks as well right now. I mean Lin is a beast.... Melo and Amare each need 15-20 shots. Then you add in Baron Davis soon who has one of the top 10 usage rates every season pretty much. Obviously he would help ANY team in some way....... but if he wants a smoother transition/role... he chooses Clippers. Knowing Jr's intelligence, logic and attitude though it's going to be Knicks probably :oldlol: .

the Knicks run pick and roll and space the floor out...how would JR not benefit from catching and shooting 3s in a crazy Madison Square Garden environment. He feeds off that stuff. If the Knicks sign JR then they are dangerous and can beat any team in the league.

Clutch
02-16-2012, 02:36 PM

Baron is done.

He could chuck as many shots as he wants coming off the bench for the Knicks.
If Douglas,Bibby,Shumpert and Bill Wallker can chuck 10 shots per game then I don't see a reason why would anyone have something against J.R.Smith (who's a much better offensive player than all 4 of them combined) taking those shots instead.

Also D'Antoni's system if perfect for him.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Knicks can offer him more money.

Also if the Knicks can keep up this winning then playing for the Knicks >>> playing for the Clippers.

Don't get ahead of yourself champ. The Clippers are tied for the 2nd seed in the west and are 9 games over .500. Not saying Knicks won't become a contender and I DO feel like they are for real but it seems like you're implying the Knicks are in a better winning position than the Clippers.

Knicks just had to win 7 in a row just to get to .500.

b0bab0i
02-16-2012, 02:39 PM

His agent should be swaying him towards Clippers though, since he will be the starting SG and can showcase his talent since he's gonna be unrestricted free agent again in the summer.

Clutch
02-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself champ. The Clippers are tied for the 2nd seed in the west and are 9 games over .500. Not saying Knicks won't become a contender and I DO feel like they are for real but it seems like you're implying the Knicks are in a better winning position than the Clippers.
I'm not implying they are in a better winning position than the Clippers.

I'm just saying that if the Knicks keep this up the hype will be so huge,Garden will be crazy and he would get a lot of money from other stuff other than his contract.

I'm sure he would like to play there more than on a team who'll always be behind the Lakers popularity wise.

Winning in NY >>> winning anywhere else

NY gives you more attention than you could evem ask for.
J.R.Smith seems like a kind of guy who wants to be in a center of attention.

IGOTGAME

maybe he likes New York because he has family and friends here?

glidedrxlr22
Ha ha.....fukc the Lakers. :lol :cheers:

It was laughable listening to John Ireland on ESPN radio trying to convince everyone that the Lakers are the best destination for JR Smith.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2012, 02:42 PM
His agent should be swaying him towards Clippers though, since he will be the starting SG and can showcase his talent since he's gonna be unrestricted free agent again in the summer.

I agree but... I just get the feeling that dude is going to make the wrong choice. With Kenyon, Evans, Butler etc... we thought it was a non brainer to the Clippers type deal because they are logical guys who know this was the best situation for them. With Jr... I'm not sure he knows or really cares what's best for him.

An agent isn't going to do what's best for you typically. They are going to go for max profits. Maybe NY for example can market Jr better right now and that will be the deciding factor.

niko
02-16-2012, 02:44 PM
I agree but... I just get the feeling that dude is going to make the wrong choice. With Kenyon, Evans, Butler etc... we thought it was a non brainer to the Clippers type deal because they are logical guys who know this was the best situation for them. With Jr... I'm not sure he knows or really cares what's best for him.

An agent isn't going to do what's best for you typically. They are going to go for max profits. Maybe NY for example can market Jr better right now and that will be the deciding factor.
how could you possibly think JR Smith would make the wrong choice?

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Ha ha.....fukc the Lakers. :lol :cheers:

It was laughable listening to John Ireland on ESPN radio trying to convince everyone that the Lakers are the best destination for JR Smith.
fck ur life. how's the new season of spartacus? seen first 2 seasons, but dont have starz this time.

Clutch
02-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Who wouldn't want to play in the world's most famous arena in front of one of the best fans in the NBA ?

On top of that he'll get more media attention than anywhere else,D'Antoni's system is perfect for him and he can also get almost 3 times more money than the Clippers can offer.

I don't see a reason why would he choose the Clippers expect for the starting role and I don't think it's that important because he will get a lot of playing time and shots either way.

Knicks are always getting a lot of attention and his play will get noticed.
On the other hand it's a bad thing if he's going to suck :lol

Clippersfan86
02-16-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm not implying they are in a better winning position than the Clippers.

I'm just saying that if the Knicks keep this up the hype will be so huge,Garden will be crazy and he would get a lot of money from other stuff other than his contract.

I'm sure he would like to play there more than on a team who'll always be behind the Lakers popularity wise.

Winning in NY >>> winning anywhere else

NY gives you more attention than you could evem ask for.
J.R.Smith seems like a kind of guy who wants to be in a center of attention.

I agree with most of this though I'm not sure you can use "Clippers play in Lakers shadow" anymore. Outside of the Knicks/Linsanity the Clippers have had the most headlines in the NBA this year. Yes more than the Lakers. Proving that the Clippers CAN outshine the Lakers in the media/public view even in the same city.

Doesn't mean the Lakers don't still have a grip on LA or w/e.... just means publicity isn't an issue. Maybe NY is a slightly better stage with the recent Linsanity explosion that is completely dominating headlines though.

Then again playing with Linsanity.... none of the Knicks players are getting attention. Everyone is focused on Lin specifically. Nobody is talking about how Fields has been breaking out big with Lin next to him.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Who wouldn't want to play in the world's most famous arena in front of one of the best fans in the NBA ?

On top of that he'll get more media attention than anywhere else,D'Antoni's system is perfect for him and he can also get almost 3 times more money than the Clippers can offer.

I don't see a reason why would he choose the Clippers expect for the starting role and I don't think it's that important because he will get a lot of playing time and shots either way.

It's 1.4 million vs 2.5 million last I knew. Definitely not even twice as much, let alone 3 times. Plus you have to remember season is over in a couple months. No matter where he goes... he's going to get a much bigger contract after this season. His goal should be to find the best place he can showcase himself to stay long term. An extra million for now won't do much for him.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2012, 02:49 PM
how could you possibly think JR Smith would make the wrong choice?

I just don't have a ton of faith in his overall decision making. Wrong was a poor word though... I should of said not ideal choice.

Clutch
02-16-2012, 02:51 PM
I agree with most of this though I'm not sure you can use "Clippers play in Lakers shadow" anymore. Outside of the Knicks/Linsanity the Clippers have had the most headlines in the NBA this year. Yes more than the Lakers. Proving that the Clippers CAN outshine the Lakers in the media/public view even in the same city.

Doesn't mean the Lakers don't still have a grip on LA or w/e.... just means publicity isn't an issue. Maybe NY is a slightly better stage with the recent Linsanity explosion that is completely dominating headlines though.

Then again playing with Linsanity.... none of the Knicks players are getting attention. Everyone is focused on Lin specifically. Nobody is talking about how Fields has been breaking out big with Lin next to him.
Linsanity won't last forever.
Even if he continues to play this well people will get used to that after a while.

Knicks players are getting a lot of attention if they play well.
Remember Landry Fields hype last year ?
Or maybe Iman Shumpert hype at the start of the season ?

If J.R.Smith can play well he'll get a lot of attention in NY.

Clutch
02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
It's 1.4 million vs 2.5 million last I knew. Definitely not even twice as much, let alone 3 times. Plus you have to remember season is over in a couple months. No matter where he goes... he's going to get a much bigger contract after this season. His goal should be to find the best place he can showcase himself to stay long term. An extra million for now won't do much for him.
I thought you could only offer him slightly less than a million.

Still,it's more money.

And there's no better stage to showcase your good play than New York.
Media attention is huge,especially if the Knicks play well.

niko
02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I just don't have a ton of faith in his overall decision making. Wrong was a poor word though... I should of said not ideal choice.
i was being sarcastic. It JR smith.

And the $1M different is a big deal. It should not be. AT ALL. But it is.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2012, 02:56 PM
i was being sarcastic. It JR smith.

And the $1M different is a big deal. It should not be. AT ALL. But it is.

:bowdown: the prophet Niko. No but seriously spot on. I think he will make NY more dangerous... but he's also a player where the veterans on the team need to keep him in check to prevent an implosion.

Lin seems to have brought the Knicks team together so it will work I'm sure. If you added Jr before Linsanity though.... I would have predicted a sh** storm.

glidedrxlr22
02-16-2012, 02:57 PM
fck ur life. how's the new season of spartacus? seen first 2 seasons, but dont have starz this time.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/10/128996582601343624.jpg

...oh and it's good. Different, but good.

niko
02-16-2012, 02:58 PM
:cheers: We will see you in the finals. It is fated. But only after you slay Kobe and D12 and the Lakers in the western conference finals (and we beat Miami).

ISH will die that day.

Clutch
02-16-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't even know if I want J.R.Smith.

He's a great bench player but he's also a headcase.

If we can sign him I can just hope he'll fit in well.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2012, 03:01 PM
:cheers: We will see you in the finals. It is fated. But only after you slay Kobe and D12 and the Lakers in the western conference finals (and we beat Miami).

ISH will die that day.

Clippers vs Knicks finals would seriously shut ISH down for 24 hours. :oldlol: . People would have went from arguing which franchise is the most pathetic this decade?.... to "Which team is going to win the finals?" in a short period of time. Talk about turnarounds!

Riley Martin
02-16-2012, 03:04 PM
WCF: Clippers vs. Lakers
ECF: Knicks vs. Bulls
Finals: Clippers vs. Knicks
NBA Champion: Clippers

Clutch
02-16-2012, 03:06 PM
I would love to see Knicks-Clippers finals.

Watching Jeremy Lin outplaying CP3 and leading the Knicks to the championships would be something special.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2012, 03:06 PM
WCF: Clippers vs. Lakers
ECF: Knicks vs. Bulls
Finals: Clippers vs. Knicks
NBA Champion: Clippers

:bowdown: :applause: :eek: . Would be SO fu**ing amazing. You guys find me annoying now.... imagine how apesh** I'll go if the Clippers win a championship? I'll be the first ISH user ever to make 10 threads in one day (JK).

chairman
02-16-2012, 03:07 PM
I would love to see Knicks-Clippers finals.

Watching Jeremy Lin outplaying CP3 and leading the Knicks to the championships would be something special.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2012/01/xlarge_7283277a21a3be5e8497fa61408961d7.jpg
Lintresting.

Bosnian Sajo
02-16-2012, 03:09 PM
I cant believe the Lakers arent going to jump on any player from china...SMDH

BGriffin's Dad
02-16-2012, 03:11 PM
the Clippers should get this guy instead...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/155/524/109803584_crop_650x440.jpg

just_NONchalant
02-16-2012, 03:15 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/155/524/109803584_crop_650x440.jpg

Is that an and1 tattoo on his shoulder haha

Bosnian Sajo
02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Hold up, did anyone actually go and look at JR's twitter page?

Yesterday it said: NYK? LAL? LAC? CHI? INDI? ORL?

Now it says: NYK? LAL? LAC?

So why does the thread title say he narrowed it down to just 2, when the Lakers are actually still in the running?

Bosnian Sajo
02-16-2012, 03:18 PM

Hes coming to the Lakers in a sign and trade.

8.9m trade exception, who else can offer Chandler that type of money?

WeGetRing2012
02-16-2012, 03:25 PM
He's going to the Knick where he can start.

Clutch
02-16-2012, 03:31 PM
He's going to the Knick where he can start.
I think he would be coming off the bench.

J.R.Smith,Melo,Amare...

Too many chuckers in the starting 5,we need to balance it a little.

knickswin
02-16-2012, 04:16 PM

the Knicks run a system. They didn't have a point guard to get the consistent penetration into the paint to open up ball movement, but they do now. D'Antoni's teams always move the ball very well, and their offenses don't break down in the playoffs. he is a very good coach in that way. Del Negro plays random ball. Like the Thunder and the Nuggets but even worse. there is no structure. the offense is going to stagnate during the playoffs. we have years and years of looking at teams who play this style for proof of this.

clippers need a new coach. you probably knew that.