PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat trying to make deal for New Orleans Hornets center Chris Kaman

Lebron23
02-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Chris Kaman could end up with the Miami Heat, if the trade and contract numbers work out.

NEW ORLEANS - Former Central Michigan University star Chris Kaman has been on the trading block, it seems, since the New Orleans Hornets first acquired him from the Los Angeles Clippers in the Chris Paul trade.

The Hornets even deactivated him for seven games so he wouldn't get hurt while they were trying to trade him.

It seems the Hornets have a trading partner, but it might be difficult for the Miami Heat to make the trade happen.

According to foxsports.com, Kaman would be a perfect fit and perhaps the missing piece for a Miami championship. The Heat would like to trade for Kaman and also to sign Kaman by the March 15 trade deadline. Kaman is a free agent after this season.
Kaman, who will make $14 million this season, played in the NBA All-Star Game two years ago.

The Hornets, however, are owned by the NBA and would want some players or draft picks for Kaman. New Orleans could also sign and trade him after the season, perhaps getting more picks and players.

http://www.mlive.com/chippewas/index.ssf/2012/02/miami_heat_trying_to_make_deal.html

http://allucanheat.com/2012/02/16/miami-heat-targeting-chris-kaman/

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981118226

2003 NBA Draft Class lottery picks are gonna play on the same team.

C- Chris Kaman (6th overall pick)
F- Chris Bosh (4th overall pick)
F- LeBron James (1st overall pick)
G- Dwayne Wade (5th overall pick)
G- Mario Chalmers

In Riley We Trust.

RazorBaLade
02-17-2012, 07:35 AM
just ****ing take dwight howard for mario chalmers and be done with it

jesus christ

Lebron23
02-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Someone needs to Photoshop Chris Kaman wearing a Miami Heat Jersey.

Doctor Rivers
Someone needs to Photoshop Chris Kaman wearing a Miami Heat Jersey.

negged

Lebron23

jesus christ

Deal

Miami Heat front office >>> Lakers front office in this decade.

RazorBaLade
02-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Deal

Miami Heat front office >>> Lakers front office.

thats an understatement

our pg died 2 years ago and hes still playing, the heat arent satisfied until every single player on their team is contending for the finals mvp

Lebron23
02-17-2012, 07:41 AM
That's a very tall front court. 6'8" LeBron, 6'11" Chris Bosh, 7'0" Chris Kaman.

nathanjizzle
02-17-2012, 07:42 AM
this is getting pathetic.

swi7ch
02-17-2012, 07:42 AM
Please LORD make this happen! Knicks get their answer at the PG spot so why can't the Heat get theirs at C?

Lebron23
02-17-2012, 07:44 AM
thats an understatement

our pg died 2 years ago and hes still playing, the heat arent satisfied until every single player on their team is contending for the finals mvp

Kaman is going to be the 5th best player on the Miami Heat. He's no longer the same Kaman who averaged 19 ppg and 9.3 rpg less than 2 seasons ago, but Current Kaman > Joel Anthony

Heat have one of the best front office in the league. That's the advantage of playing on a big market team.

RazorBaLade
02-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Please LORD make this happen! Knicks get their answer at the PG spot so why can't the Heat get theirs at C?

yes Why can have the heat have any weaknesses at all? Life is unfair if this trade does not go through

http://www.hahastop.com/pictures/Rustled_My_Jimmies.jpg

this entire damn thread

fefe
02-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Mike Miller, Joel Anthony plus Dexter Pittman should be enough to match the contract with the new 150% rule...
I have no idea why would NO want these players though...

Lebron23
02-17-2012, 07:48 AM
In Riley We trust

Brickz187
02-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Would be nice if it happened, but he isn't needed. Would be an upgrade at the C spot anyways. Doubt we have anything they would even want besides out big 3. Maybe Chalmers or Cole, but idk if I would give up either of those for Kaman.

Lebron23
02-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Mike Miller, Joel Anthony plus Dexter Pittman should be enough to match the contract with the new 150% rule...

We'll include a first round pick in the 2012 NBA Draft (protected).

fefe
02-17-2012, 07:53 AM
That still doesn't interest me if i'm new orleans...
Especially because these players are all on long contracts.
They could simply let Kaman expire and they would save like 30 million compared to doing a trade like this...

nba_55
02-17-2012, 07:55 AM
The only way that we can get him is if his contract is bought out. I dont think Stern will let him go to a contener for nothing. So, it s not happening.

Rowe
02-17-2012, 08:00 AM
The only way that we can get him is if his contract is bought out. I dont think Stern will let him go to a contener for nothing. So, it s not happening.
Its the player's agent who goes to the team to negotiate the buyout.

Any player can and would be bought out of his deal if the team cant get a trade for him, the question would be how much of his salary will the player will give up to become a Free Agent.

Mike Bibby gave up his entire $6 Million salary to join the Heat.

What is Kaman willing to give up?

If hes not willing to give up some of his pro-rated salary, he can spend the rest of the year statpadding in New Orleans hoping to get something more than the MLE this summer.

fefe
02-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Kaman will not sign with Miami for the min if he is bought out.
If he does, he can only get the 3mill MLE from the Heat next year.
That has the same chance as Dalembert or Nene taking their MLE last summer..

If miami gets him in a trade, they can give him a big contract in the summer using his Bird rights.
The only reasonable way for Miami is trading for him.

El Kabong
02-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Heat won't get him unless Hornets buy him out. That seems a possibility as the Hornets seem to want more than Kaman is worth.

sipitri
02-17-2012, 08:19 AM
"According to foxsports.com, Kaman would be a perfect fit and perhaps the missing piece for a Miami championship."

So you have the best and the second best player in the league on your team and you're missing a piece?

Lebron23
02-17-2012, 08:25 AM
"According to foxsports.com, Kaman would be a perfect fit and perhaps the missing piece for a Miami championship."

So you have the best and the second best player in the league on your team and you're missing a piece?

Miami are capable of winning an NBA title with or without Chris Kaman. Kaman is a huge upgrade to Joel Anthony. That's why I really wants this trade to happen.

Owl
02-17-2012, 08:34 AM
We'll include a first round pick in the 2012 NBA Draft (protected).
:roll:

InspiredLebowski
02-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Cool story. Good luck with him getting bought out when Indy'll gladly take him for next to nothing and save all the other owners a few mil. But it involves the Heat, so I guess it's worthy of national headlines. This is a Twitter style thing that's ****ing retarded and a national outlet should be embarrassed for running.

bluechox2
02-17-2012, 08:38 AM
just wait for them to cut kamen...simple
no assets to match up to 14 million in salary

vinsane01
02-17-2012, 08:51 AM

jesus christ

:lol

niko
02-17-2012, 09:39 AM
MIami cannot make any trade becuase ther entire cap is made of their core. What Miami is doing is waiting to see if NO buys him out. How that makes them the greatest front office ever escapes me.

305Baller
02-17-2012, 09:58 AM
I am sure some team will step up to not allow Kamen to Miami.

Lebron23
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
I am sure some team will step up to not allow Kamen to Miami.

http://www.thecitrusreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Dan-Gilbert1.jpg

Dan Gilbert: Are you talking to me?

shallehalle
02-17-2012, 11:00 AM
i'm a Heat fan, and i don't like this idea, i want competitive basketball

Nash
02-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Won't happen and he's not needed.

Rnbizzle
02-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Kaman is still a solid player, somebody will take him before the Heat get their chance.

Nash
02-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Problem is who's willing to take him, pay 14 million and give up draft picks only to **** with Miami?

hawkfan
02-17-2012, 11:16 AM

Why would the Hornets want two guys in Miller and Anthony who are going to eat up so much cap space for so long?

Sending Kaman to Indiana for a first round pick and no contract in return is a better deal than taking on the contracts of a solid if no offense Anthony and a constantly hurt Miller.

Rnbizzle
02-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Problem is who's willing to take him, pay 14 million and give up draft picks only to **** with Miami?
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID27365/images/Dan-Gilbert-Cleveland-Cavaliers-AP-Photo-Amy-Sancetta.jpg

BlueandGold
02-17-2012, 11:26 AM
So if this trade goes through and if Lebron, err the Heat lose again in the finals then will it surpass 2011 as greatest upset ever by opposing team?

B-Easy8
02-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Lebron23 arent you a LeBron homer? Why do you refer to the Heat as we? I swore you went for the Cavs 2 seasons ago.

Rnbizzle
02-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Lebron23 arent you a LeBron homer? Why do you refer to the Heat as we? I swore you went for the Cavs 2 seasons ago.
It's not difficult, he's a fan of the team Lebron plays for.. Lebron plays in Miami, he supports Miami. It's no rocket science.

Bob Cousy
02-17-2012, 11:32 AM
I can't stand those kind of "fans" who only root for 1 player and not any specific team.

they're disgraceful to team sports.:facepalm

HurricaneKid
02-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Thats ridiculous. Players make the NBA. I would agree in the NFL and Baseball but not the NBA.

HurricaneKid
02-17-2012, 11:37 AM
And there is no way a 14M/ expiring deal can be had for 3 peanuts. It has consequences for next year as well.

hawkfan
02-17-2012, 11:37 AM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID27365/images/Dan-Gilbert-Cleveland-Cavaliers-AP-Photo-Amy-Sancetta.jpg

This makes some sense.

Miller would be a solid complement to Irving, and Anthony can provide depth at the center position. And the Cavs could get good enough this year to become playoff contenders.

But then again, this is Gilbert helping out the Heat, getting them another big contract. And if Kaman gets healthy and consistent, he could return to his All-Star form in Miami.

Does Gilbert want to help the Miami Villains?

HurricaneKid
02-17-2012, 11:38 AM

jesus christ

Then they wouldn't have a PG.

How would they get DWill this offseason?

Rnbizzle
02-17-2012, 11:38 AM
This makes some sense.

Miller would be a solid complement to Irving, and Anthony can provide depth at the center position. And the Cavs could get good enough this year to become playoff contenders.

But then again, this is Gilbert helping out the Heat, getting them another big contract. And if Kaman gets healthy and consistent, he could return to his All-Star form in Miami.

That's actually the opposite to the point I was trying to make.

Nobody probable really wants to take on Kaman's contract, but to **** with Miami, Gilbert might.

Bob Cousy
02-17-2012, 11:39 AM
This makes some sense.

I think he meant that Cav's would just take on Kaman's salary on their own grounds... without Miami involved in the trade.

to intentionally screw over Miami.

2LeTTeRS
02-17-2012, 11:44 AM
I can't stand those kind of "fans" who only root for 1 player and not any specific team.

I don't get why so many "fans" feel this way. I just don't see how having allegiance to your favorite player/players instead of subscribing to corporate loyalty makes you any less of a fan, especially if you happen to live somewhere that doesn't have a team nearby.

hawkfan
02-17-2012, 11:45 AM
That's actually the opposite to the point I was trying to make.

Nobody probable really wants to take on Kaman's contract, but to **** with Miami, Gilbert might.

It's an expirer, so Kaman's contract is big, but it comes off the books after this season.

Actually taking on Kaman would be a good move for the Cavs. He can help them make a playoff push. Offensively he's a big upgrade over AV.

If Kaman plays well and is healthy, re-signing Kaman makes sense for the Cavs. His game would actually mesh well with Irving.

Bob Cousy
02-17-2012, 11:46 AM
I don't get why so many "fans" feel this way. I just don't see how having allegiance to your favorite player/players instead of subscribing to corporate loyalty makes you any less of a fan, especially if you happen to live somewhere that doesn't have a team nearby.
because these "fans" tend to have NO sense of objectivity whatsoever.

They will throw the rest of the team under the bus to save face for their "favorite player". I've seen it time and time again (on this board) and its disgusting.

Figlo
02-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Now Heat are waiting for Melo to get back on the court so Knicks start losing. Knicks waive Melo and Heat sign himmfor the minimum

Kaman
Bosh
Melo
Wade
LeBron

2003 class dominance

HurricaneKid
02-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Now Heat are waiting for Melo to get back on the court so Knicks start losing. Knicks waive Melo and Heat sign himmfor the minimum

Kaman
Bosh
Melo
Wade
LeBron

2003 class dominance

:no:

You left off Darko

Rnbizzle
02-17-2012, 11:56 AM
:no:

You left off Darko
Oh yeah they were missing a waterboy..

Bigsmoke
02-17-2012, 12:07 PM
that would be a great addition.

i think the Heat will have to cough up one of their PG if not Shane Battier... unless they do what the Cavs did with Z.

StroShow4
02-17-2012, 12:11 PM
I suppose the Eddy Curry experiment can be officially considered a failure.

longtime lurker
02-17-2012, 12:40 PM
I like what Miami is doing here. Never stop trying to fix the holes in your team even if you are a championship contender. If the Lakers did this all those years they were competing they wouldn't be looking to rebuild now. In any event this trade is not happening, New Orleans has grossly overestimated Kaman's trade potential, no team is going to give up anything good for a quarter season rental of Kaman. I see New Orleans just letting him expire.

Rnbizzle
02-17-2012, 01:07 PM
I suppose the Eddy Curry experiment can be officially considered a failure.
You seem surprised? :lol

Whoah10115
02-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Emeka Okafor and Carl Landry for Chris Bosh. That'd be cool.

Add Eric Gordon.

shallehalle
02-17-2012, 04:21 PM
because these "fans" tend to have NO sense of objectivity whatsoever.

They will throw the rest of the team under the bus to save face for their "favorite player". I've seen it time and time again (on this board) and its disgusting.
I think you don't know what you are talking about!
A lot of people out of US started following NBA, because of players, not a team.

For example, i started watching NBA, because of MJ, because in Europe in the 90's almost no one had channels, which showed NBA games, except DSF. Then my parents switched cable tv, and i had no DSF, so i was unable to watch NBA games, and only could buy SLAM magazines, where everything was about Lakers, Kobe and Shaq, so Kobe became my favorite player, and i started to follow NBA, because Kobe was the new face of the NBA. Then some friend shoved me Lebrons videos from HS, before NBA, and i started watching his games, and all of my friends started to cheer for the Cavs, because of Lebrons style of play (mostly dunks and pure athleticism). I would never cheer for Cavs, if it wasn't for Lebron, never would cheer for the Lakers, if not for Kobe, and would start watching NBA without MJ.

So i completely disagree with you. Fans start to cheer for a team, because of certain player, not a team, if he wasn't born or lives in NYC, Boston or any other city with a team.

iDefend5
02-17-2012, 04:46 PM
What happened to Steve Nash, Jamal Crawford, and Joel Przybilla?

TheCorporation
02-17-2012, 04:51 PM

When did the Heat get Dwight Howard?

shallehalle
02-17-2012, 05:23 PM
When did the Heat get Dwight Howard?
Since when is Dwight the 2nd best player?
He is the best defensive player and the best C, but there are players playing better than him, especially you can't rely on Howard too carry a team, and he is averaging what..20 points? how the hell can he average just 20 points, when there are no real centers in the league?

ThatsGame
02-17-2012, 05:37 PM
wont happen

pegasus
02-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I'd be very happy if they lost Anthony in the process, because that would make them less balanced. They'd become better offensively (which is not really needed), and worse defensively (good for opponents).

Nash
02-17-2012, 06:11 PM
If they got Kaman, obviously they'd give him plenty of minutes with the less offensive players and more defensive ones like Miller, Haslem and Battier. Anthony will still play a huge role in the team.

greymatter
02-17-2012, 06:53 PM

Lighten up, Francis. It's not uncommon for there to be fans who aren't from a city with its own NBA franchise or aren't close enough to one of these cities to really care one way or another how well they do.

lilgodfather1
02-17-2012, 07:18 PM
This would literally only be able to happen if it was a three way trade imo.

The trade I came up with is

Heat Trade: Miller + Chalmers + Jones + 2012 pick total salary = 10.9 million
Heat Recieve: Kaman

Toronto Trades: Barbosa + Kleiza total salary = 12.2 million
Toronto Recieves: Miller, Chalmers, Jones

NOH Trades: Kaman total salary = 14 million
NOH Recieves: Barbosa, Kleiza, 2012 Heat pick

Looking at that no way does NOH do that imo, but I really couldn't think of anything else.

Jasper
02-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Kaman will not sign with Miami for the min if he is bought out.
If he does, he can only get the 3mill MLE from the Heat next year.
That has the same chance as Dalembert or Nene taking their MLE last summer..

If miami gets him in a trade, they can give him a big contract in the summer using his Bird rights.
The only reasonable way for Miami is trading for him.
nice post :cheers:

I am not really sure if Miami is going to swing for the fences in a trade.
I think they will pick up another player , as most teams will posture here in a week or two... but bringing in a player and losing players (that know the system) may be to much to deal with.

They just brought in Shane Battier... even as a role player , you would like a full season to make that champ run.. and feel comfortable playing with each other..

Boston and Perkin's was a good example of a locker room fail.

shallehalle
02-17-2012, 08:41 PM
This would literally only be able to happen if it was a three way trade imo.

The trade I came up with is

Heat Trade: Miller + Chalmers + Jones + 2012 pick total salary = 10.9 million
Heat Recieve: Kaman

Toronto Trades: Barbosa + Kleiza total salary = 12.2 million
Toronto Recieves: Miller, Chalmers, Jones

NOH Trades: Kaman total salary = 14 million
NOH Recieves: Barbosa, Kleiza, 2012 Heat pick

Looking at that no way does NOH do that imo, but I really couldn't think of anything else.
why would the heat do that?