PDA

View Full Version : carmelo anthony sucks

inclinerator
02-23-2012, 10:42 PM
he tries to go 1 on 1 everytime and either shoots or crashes into a bunch of ppl then throws up a prayer. He doesnt even move without the ball

ClutchOver9000
02-23-2012, 10:43 PM
he tries to go 1 on 1 everytime and either shoots or crashes into a bunch of ppl then throws up a prayer. He doesnt even move without the ball

better than Amare.

Seriously. If Amare is considered a superstar he is the worst of that group.

NewYorkNoPicks
02-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Carmelo has been trying to allow his teammates to take more shots. The guy is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Do you really think he cant come out and drop 40? The media kept criticizing him before he returned from injury whether he could fit in with Lin, and he's trying his best to be a team player. Nothing wrong with what he's doing.

airchibundo507
02-23-2012, 10:45 PM

he grabs his own offensive boards and gets to the foul line.

funny how you make a thread like this when Lin plays the worst game of his career. Lin lost this game, bro.

Human Error
02-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Do you really think he cant come out and drop 40? The media kept criticizing him before he returned from injury whether he could fit in with Lin, and he's trying his best to be a team player. Nothing wrong with what he's doing.
I think he can but he will have to shoot 50 times.:oldlol:

DMV2
02-23-2012, 10:51 PM
No need to play the blame game. The Knicks were just sizing the Heat up.

Come playoff time, they will knock Miami out like they did back in the late 90's.

RRR3
02-23-2012, 10:51 PM

funny how you make a thread like this when Lin plays the worst game of his career. Lin lost this game, bro.
LeBron locked Melo down. Mad? :oldlol:

FireMcFailPlease
02-23-2012, 10:52 PM

Come playoff time, they will knock Miami out like they did back in the late 90's.
miami in 4.

Patrick Chewing
02-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Nah he played better tonight, but the energy wasn't there. Team looked frazzled by a vastly superior team on defense.

airchibundo507
02-23-2012, 10:53 PM
LeBron locked Melo down. Mad? :oldlol:

wow. did you watch the f*cking game? melo got to the paint at will on leBron. it was just that Joel Anthony swatted a ton of shots. Melo had 5 blocked shots under the basket. Say he makes 2 of them, his 7/20 FG looks like 9/20 FG, which is a damn good night against one of the best defense in basketball.

Melo forced LeBron into a ton of tough, contested jumpers.

ClutchOver9000
02-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Nah he played better tonight, but the energy wasn't there. Team looked frazzled by a vastly superior team on defense.

this.

strifed169
02-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Lin lost the game, played too tentative because he got those early turnovers and was in-effective at getting his team involved, but credit Miamis defense, they were out to get him thats for sure

Apogee
02-23-2012, 10:59 PM

:facepalm

JGXEN
02-23-2012, 11:15 PM
wow. did you watch the f*cking game? melo got to the paint at will on leBron. it was just that Joel Anthony swatted a ton of shots. Melo had 5 blocked shots under the basket. Say he makes 2 of them, his 7/20 FG looks like 9/20 FG, which is a damn good night against one of the best defense in basketball.

Wow this homer is just disgusting.

knickswin
02-23-2012, 11:17 PM
since he came back with lin, he's hardly isolated at all

and you really can't be mad if carmelo decides to shoot from that area between the right block and three point line if he's only dealing with one defender. historically, he is money there. remember the christmas game, he got new york out of a 10 point deficit just by continually taking those shots. he's been shooting horribly since the injury though. you have to hope that he gets his ish together with his shot.

knickswin
02-23-2012, 11:19 PM
lebron did not contain carmelo. he never does. melo got bothered by the interior defense.

airchibundo507
02-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Wow this homer is just disgusting.

you can't refute anything I said

LeBron didn't stop Melo. It takes a team effort to stop Melo. Melo penetrated and could get to the basket at will against LeBron, but someone (mostly Anthony) was always there to contest his lay-ups.

5 of Melo's lay-ups were blocked. If he converts only 2 of those, then his shooting on the night is 9/20 FG

Kiddlovesnets
02-23-2012, 11:20 PM

This....

DMV2
02-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Melo hasn't been that bad in terms of effort. He's actually trying really hard to be team player out there. His shot isn't there yet.

G-train
02-23-2012, 11:28 PM

pipe down fooooool :blah

ClutchOver9000
02-23-2012, 11:28 PM
lebron did not contain carmelo. he never does. melo got bothered by the interior defense.

Melo did miss several jumpers he usually makes but for the most part I agree w/ ^

airchibundo507
02-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Melo did miss several jumpers he usually makes but for the most part I agree w/ ^

he wet his first jumpshot in the game, a 20 ft pick and pop with lin right in LeBron's grill

he hit a wide open three pointer

he wet a 15 footer in LeBron's grill in isolation late in the game

I think he missed a good 4 or 5 jumpers though

ZenMaster
02-23-2012, 11:32 PM

knickswin
02-23-2012, 11:34 PM

yeah, but that's just been the story with Melo lately. something's up with him. his mid range shooting is not there. it's been bad since he first got injured. hopefully he finds it as the season moves on.

airchibundo507
02-23-2012, 11:37 PM

until you can manage to formulate a response, gtfo

rodman91
02-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Melo used too much shots over defense without trying to get a good look. He is way too confident or lazy. When he was getting inside at least he got some calls or lay ups.

If he was smart, he could be top 5 player with those skills & size.

Sarcastic
02-23-2012, 11:48 PM
He had more assists than Lin.

ZenMaster
02-23-2012, 11:50 PM
until you can manage to formulate a response, gtfo

Tried discussing this with you before but you're such a god awful homer it's insane.

The way you try and spin Carmelos performance by playing the if game is pathetic. If it wasn't for your obsession with this player you'd be saying he's a weak and unable at finishing close to the basket, which would also be the reason for all his stagnant iso face up mid-range jumpers.

How you just blindly love this player is baffling to me. How can you have so much respect for a player who's so lazy on defense, you always say he can play D "when he wants to", but not trying is worse than just being a bad defender. This is how Melo should be remembered as a defender:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1105/espn_g_canthony1_200.jpg
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/03/17/sports/photos_stories/carmelo_anthony--300x300.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1102/nba.twitter.trade.react/images/carmelo-anthony.jpg

PJR
02-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Dude is fat.

hawkfan
02-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Howard would do well with Lin, playing off of him.
And actually Hedo would work well with Lin, with his ball handling, passing, post-up game, shooting.

Knicks get

Hedo Turkoglu
Dwight Howard (expirer)

Magic get

Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire

Good trade for both teams.

FKAri
02-23-2012, 11:54 PM
And actually Hedo would work well with Lin, with his ball handling, passing, post-up game, shooting.

Knicks get

Hedo Turkoglu
Dwight Howard (expirer)

Magic get

Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire

Garbage trade for both teams. Knicks need a go to scorer and Carmelo will render all those guys on the Magic that need plays created for them useless. Can you imagine the decline in the Magic's defense if you take out Howard and add Stat and Melo? Oh lawdy.

airchibundo507
02-23-2012, 11:54 PM
In the fourth quarter LeBron bricked about three straight 20 footers in iso with Melo contesting each of them tenaciously. u mad

LeBron is shooting what, 55% on the season? Melo guarded him more than anyone this game, and when he puts up a pedestrian 7/16 FG, we pretend Melo had no effect on that?

hawkfan
02-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Garbage trade for both teams. Knicks need a go to scorer and Carmelo will render all those guys on the Magic that need plays created for them useless. Can you imagine the decline in the Magic's defense if you take out Howard and add Stat and Melo? Oh lawdy.

If the Magic lose D12 outright with no return, it will be worse.

ZenMaster
02-24-2012, 12:04 AM
In the fourth quarter LeBron bricked about three straight 20 footers in iso with Melo contesting each of them tenaciously. u mad

LeBron is shooting what, 55% on the season? Melo guarded him more than anyone this game, and when he puts up a pedestrian 7/16 FG, we pretend Melo had no effect on that?

Those jumpers where in garbage time.
Playing the if game I could say if you take those garbage time jumpers away he was shooting +50%...

Lebron is a big level ahead of Carmelo as a player for two reasons, he's way better at creating for others and more importantly he plays at a greater pace because a lot of his points come from defense, which makes him try his hardest on D where he's just levels waaay ahead of Melo.

airchibundo507
02-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Those jumpers where in garbage time.
Playing the if game I could say if you take those garbage time jumpers away he was shooting +50%...

Lebron is a big level ahead of Carmelo as a player for two reasons, he's way better at creating for others and more importantly he plays at a greater pace because a lot of his points come from defense, which makes him try his hardest on D where he's just levels waaay ahead of Melo.

The lead wasn't that huge. It was at 8-10 most of the fourth.

Melo's defense was solid to anyone with fcking eyes. Melo forced him into contested looks.

I'm not arguing that Melo is a better player than LeBron, so you're wasting your time with that mess.

FKAri
02-24-2012, 12:19 AM

Melo's defense was solid to anyone with fcking eyes. Melo forced him into contested looks.

I'm not arguing that Melo is a better player than LeBron, so you're wasting your time with that mess.

I agree with your posts in this thread. Melo's gotten better every game since coming back. Give em some time. He'll be fine. Lin will be fine. Knicks will only get better. The only question is how good.

ZenMaster
02-24-2012, 12:21 AM

The game was over at that point, go back and watch.

You're the one who keeps mentioning Lebron..

Melo is a horrible horrible off the ball team defender. He doesn't contest shots, he doesn't get into passing lanes, he's regularly late on help the helper situations, doesn't draw many charges, doesn't get good disruptive positioning etc etc.

The problem isn't that he's not as good as Lebron, the problem is they have the same paycheck.

Yanch856
02-24-2012, 12:21 AM
I still believe in Melo.

He did ok tonight. He stood up for himself. His game is not what it was 2 yrs ago and he knows it. But Melo knows if he gets back to where he was, the Knicks can compete with this team. The game was closer than I felt it was. Definitely wasn't a blowout. Knicks actually had solid D interiorly. The difference was in the superstars of the teams.

Yanch856
02-24-2012, 12:25 AM

Knicks get

Hedo Turkoglu
Dwight Howard (expirer)

Magic get

Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire

Hawkfan you crazy if you think NY is going to break up the team. What they got right now can hang with the Heat. They just need to improve. Jeremy Lin needs to figure out a way to be a factor against the Heat. It was a good basketball game.

Burgz
02-24-2012, 12:25 AM

stop dickriding

so if Jeremy Lin played well they would have won? So i guess its officially Lin's team then? alright then good to know that the knicks paid 90 mil to hand the team over to a player who was a d-leaguer last month :facepalm :rolleyes:

305Baller
02-24-2012, 12:27 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ONX_6VwT0fI/TuLvEg-NkBI/AAAAAAAABks/biwFesllV2w/s1600/success%2Bkid%2Blittle%2Bboy%2Bfist%2Bon%2Bbeach.p ng

hawkfan
02-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Hawkfan you crazy if you think NY is going to break up the team. What they got right now can hang with the Heat. They just need to improve. Jeremy Lin needs to figure out a way to be a factor against the Heat. It was a good basketball game.

Howard and Chandler would be unstoppable on defense. Just unstoppable. No one would score inside.

Plus Fields and Shumpert on the wings? Just a totally unstoppable defensive team.

They could score 75 points a night and win a championship.

Yanch856
02-24-2012, 12:36 AM
Howard and Chandler would be unstoppable on defense. Just unstoppable. No one would score inside.

Plus Fields and Shumpert on the wings? Just a totally unstoppable defensive team.

They could score 75 points a night and win a championship.

It's not fantasy basketball, and you don't just quit on your star players after 1 game. If anything this game should motivate melo and amare to play even harder cos they know this Heat is within their reach to beat. The interior of Joel and Bosh can definitely be man-mandled.

knickswin
02-24-2012, 12:47 AM
for the rest of the season, it's going to be critical that amar'e, carmelo, and baron start shooting the ball as well as they did last season and that the coaching staff figures out how to best use its talent. I would imagine against a team like the Heat, you want to use Novak and J.R. a lot and maybe cut some of Lin's minutes and give them to Baron who can handle ball pressure better. inherent to lin's style is a lot of turnovers, and you can live with that against most teams, but Miami feasts in transition, so it is tough.

Knicks have a lot of talent, but a lot of things are going to have to come together over the rest of the season. The chemistry is not there yet. Some players are still not in shape (baron, amar'e). And like I said, Amar'e, Melo, and Baron are not shooting as well as they have in the past.

dbugz
02-24-2012, 01:02 AM
Tried discussing this with you before but you're such a god awful homer it's insane.

The way you try and spin Carmelos performance by playing the if game is pathetic. If it wasn't for your obsession with this player you'd be saying he's a weak and unable at finishing close to the basket, which would also be the reason for all his stagnant iso face up mid-range jumpers.

How you just blindly love this player is baffling to me. How can you have so much respect for a player who's so lazy on defense, you always say he can play D "when he wants to", but not trying is worse than just being a bad defender. This is how Melo should be remembered as a defender:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1105/espn_g_canthony1_200.jpg
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/03/17/sports/photos_stories/carmelo_anthony--300x300.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1102/nba.twitter.trade.react/images/carmelo-anthony.jpg

Don't mind that dude. He's a pathetic Melo's fanboy.

You're just wasting your time and effort to someone who is blindly debating because of his BS perception towards a player who he is madly inlove with.

But seriously, trade Melo's ass to Orlando for Dwight pls. :pimp: :pimp:

Since Melo's return NYK 1-2 and expect more loss because of this dude.

knickswin
02-24-2012, 01:07 AM
melo has not been lazy on defense this year . . .

knickswin
02-24-2012, 01:10 AM
I really do think Lin lost the game for us. It's fine, and I'm not blaming him because he's been incredible, and Miami's defense is ridiculous, but it's just the truth that his inability to protect the ball and execute the pick and roll killed us. It's something you would make adjustments for in a playoff series. Either find a way for Lin to protect the ball better or put the ball in other players' hands.

LABean
02-24-2012, 01:49 AM
:lol :lol :lol

:applause: :applause:

Most overrated player ever. :bowdown:

dude77
02-24-2012, 02:27 AM

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc494/steelermia/tumblr_ls96enDCnG1qjzeu5o1_500.jpg

Sarcastic
02-24-2012, 02:30 AM
I really do think Lin lost the game for us. It's fine, and I'm not blaming him because he's been incredible, and Miami's defense is ridiculous, but it's just the truth that his inability to protect the ball and execute the pick and roll killed us. It's something you would make adjustments for in a playoff series. Either find a way for Lin to protect the ball better or put the ball in other players' hands.

D'Antoni has never been able to make adjustments in his life.

It's:
http://i.imgur.com/SneUJ.jpg

IamSofaKing
02-24-2012, 02:30 AM

Lin lead your pathetic Knicks to 7 games bro, face Carmelo Anthony is one of the worst superstars in the NBA. Cant believe i picked him over Durant a year ago

PyrrhusX
02-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Lin lead your pathetic Knicks to 7 games bro, face Carmelo Anthony is one of the worst superstars in the NBA. Cant believe i picked him over Durant a year ago

Durant is definitely and easily > melo:bowdown:
But hey, I hate melo.

Truthfully, the game was alot closer than what I thought it would be. Still, it goes to show NY might be scary if their stars actually perform.
And dam do they have depth at the guards spots.

Bigsmoke
02-24-2012, 04:45 AM
stop dickriding

so if Jeremy Lin played well they would have won? So i guess its officially Lin's team then? alright then good to know that the knicks paid 90 mil to hand the team over to a player who was a d-leaguer last month :facepalm :rolleyes:

I think he's saying that the Knicks would have been in better shape to win this game if Lin wasn't playing.

How many teams win with a pg shooting 1\11 with 8 turnovers?

Burgz
02-24-2012, 12:51 PM
I think he's saying that the Knicks would have been in better shape to win this game if Lin wasn't playing.

How many teams win with a pg shooting 1\11 with 8 turnovers?

the guy is a melo fan, not a knick fan, he's said that repeatedly

he's only mad because the thread title says melo sucks so he's trying to pass the blame onto Lin

How many teams win when their star players fail to show up against the best team in the league? :confusedshrug:

the answer is it doesnt matter, it takes a team to lose a game, and it takes a better team to beat miami, deflecting the blame is pointless

Mr. Incredible
02-24-2012, 12:53 PM

Come playoff time, they will knock Miami out like they did back in the late 90's.LOL TROLL! New York doesn't stand a chance against a motivated LeBron.
:lol

LosBulls
04-08-2012, 04:10 PM
bump

Streetballer
04-08-2012, 04:23 PM

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/Goldyfan/half%20baked/BooThisMan.gif

Akrazotile
01-09-2015, 10:33 AM
lol

keep-itreal
01-09-2015, 10:37 AM
his jumper looks good though.