PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Robinson is a beast.

CLTHornets4eva
02-25-2012, 07:29 PM
28 and 12. Kid is a monster. I think I pick him at 3 after Davis and Barnes.

He has a nose for the ball. Maybe too short but I love his intensity.

The Big Skinny
02-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Barnes is overrated. He doesn;t shoot that great of a percentage and relies on his jumper. I like his size and strength and jumper though

iDunk
02-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Barnes is overrated. He doesn;t shoot that great of a percentage and relies on his jumper. I like his size and strength and jumper though
This. The kid has nothing that sticks out really. (Marvin Williams)

CLTHornets4eva
02-25-2012, 07:43 PM

He had a bad game vs. Virginia. He makes some great shots but he seems to disappear at times. Still would probably pick Barnes but the more I see Robinson the more I'm impressed.

He'll be better than Marvin.

Rowe
02-25-2012, 07:49 PM

He shoots 47% of the Field and 42% from 3.

You do realize hes a Small Forward?

He plays away from the basket, he isn't LeBron.

bdreason
02-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Is this the kid that started beasting after his mom died?

Rowe
02-25-2012, 07:54 PM
This. The kid has nothing that sticks out really. (Marvin Williams)
The 1 thing that stands out the most about Barnes is his character/work ethic. Barnes is a kid who wants to be great and is willing to put in the work to become perfect. There is a reason a NBA scout who was there to watch him at the Hoop Summit likened him to a taller Kobe Bryant. You just cant teach those intangibles of a kid his age seeking self perfection. He got stronger in the offseason and improved his game and at only 19 its hard to find a player like that.

Please dont even compare him to Marvin Williams because they are 2 completely different players. Marvin was never "polished" with a legit skillset nor was an impact player in the college ranks. He was an athlete with the upside to be a versatile 3/4 in the NBA and was drafted far too high in one of the dumbest draft moves in NBA history.

Rowe
02-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Yes.

WeGetRing2012
02-25-2012, 08:03 PM

I saw an ESPN special it wasn't just him Mom it was him Mom, Grandmother,and Grandfather in a span of 25 days.

Rekindled
02-25-2012, 08:25 PM
I saw an ESPN special it wasn't just him Mom it was him Mom, Grandmother,and Grandfather in a span of of a week (I think?).

damn if that's true, that must have sucked :(

DRose1899
02-25-2012, 08:29 PM
I saw an ESPN special it wasn't just him Mom it was him Mom, Grandmother,and Grandfather in a span of of a week (I think?).
Wow, please enlight me more to that story.

WeGetRing2012
02-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Wow, please enlight me more to that story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ-kMt8HDME

It was a span of 25 days. Now he looks after his 12 year old sister along with her father.

The Ownage
02-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Just read up the story when reading this thread. Very sad.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7207167/ncb-kansas-jayhawks-center-thomas-robinson-used-basketball-help-tragedy-espn-magazine

This is a good, thorough article about it.

Burgz
02-25-2012, 08:54 PM

he had a couple of bad games this season around the anniversary of his mom's death

Bill Self took him aside apparently and had a long heart to heart with him and since then he's been playing like a man possessed

DRose1899
02-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Damn, that's very sad stories :(
wish him the best, hope he have good career in NBA.

(e)
02-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Outside of Anthony Davis, Trob is the best prospect in D1 basketball right now. He's already capable of doing everything you need out of a 4.

The only thing he needs is consistency on his 15-20 foot jumper. He's okay right now, but give him an offseason to drill it everyday and he could become something special. He's from DC too (cough Wizards)

DMV2
02-25-2012, 10:38 PM
I watched the Kansas vs Kansas State game where Robinson played just two days after his mother's funeral.

He was rough start but with a couple of hustle plays he got rolling in the 2nd half. It turned into a blow out game.

He played with heavy heart out there.

hawksdogsbraves
02-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Eh, undersized, already a junior. He really struggled against Anthony Davis when they matched up early in the season, I think that will become a trend against longer defenders in the NBA. I think I'd rather have Sullinger.

Lebron23
03-10-2012, 07:46 PM
He's 6'10" in his shoes with a 7'1" wingspan. I think he's gonna be a solid big man in the NBA. The Wizards better draft this kid.

D12"Magic"
03-11-2012, 06:42 PM
If we aren't in position to get Davis or Barnes. T-Rob is the one I want, especially if we get Howard

JMT
03-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Eh, undersized, already a junior. He really struggled against Anthony Davis when they matched up early in the season, I think that will become a trend against longer defenders in the NBA. I think I'd rather have Sullinger.

Sullinger's an undersized post player whose lack of elite athleticism will be exposed in the NBA . He has improved his outside shot, but still has little facing the basket in the 15 ft and in range.

Ceiling is Juwan Howard, which is a really nice career.

Tend to think he's more Kurt Thomas.

RedBlackAttack
03-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Sullinger's an undersized post player whose lack of elite athleticism will be exposed in the NBA . He has improved his outside shot, but still has little facing the basket in the 15 ft and in range.

Ceiling is Juwan Howard, which is a really nice career.

Tend to think he's more Kurt Thomas.
I think you are underrating his rebounding a bit. He has a natural ability to get up there and get them, which sometimes has little to do with athleticism or length and more to do with timing and a natural intangible.

I have serious questions about his scoring ability on the next level, but I do think that he will continue to be a very good rebounder... Which is a nice thing to have and something Kurt Thomas never could provide.

Sullinger is going to be a double-double guy on the next level, imo. My biggest question is will it be 15/10 or 20/10.

insidehoops
04-09-2012, 11:46 AM
He's announcing today that he's entering the Draft (as expected):

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9654