PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Dwight Howard, Lakers Deal Rumored for March 1?

D12"Magic"
02-26-2012, 05:48 PM
This morning we reported that the Magic had turned down a deal for Dwight Howard that centered around Andrew Bynum.

Now, John Cherwa of the L.A. Times is reporting that the teams are working on a restructured deal that will still send Howard to the Lakers, but will cost them both of their All-Star big men.

The Magic send Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson to the Lakers for Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum. The Toronto Raptors are also part of the rumor sending Jose Calderon to Orlando, although no one is quite sure what would complete that part of the trade.

The rumor also has all this happening on March 1.

This could help the Lakers in a variety of ways, including their troubles at the point guard position. Still, giving up both Gasol and Bynum is something the team has been previously unwilling to do.

From L.A Times
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-dwight-howard-lakers-deal-rumored-for-march-1/2012/02/26/

talkingconch
02-26-2012, 05:51 PM
..both gasol and bynum...

gyu
02-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Too many rumors, didn't you post an article like last week saying everyone in the league knows he is going to Brooklyn?

maybeshewill13
02-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah all these rumors are complete BS. I'm not believing a single thing until it is confirmed, he could have joined about 4 or 5 teams now if any of the rumors were correct.

outbreak
02-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Funny i read an article this morning saying the Nets have him, then i read one saying the knicks are offering everything but Lin and are the number one option, now it's LA? Let's just wait until something actually happens.

LBJMVP
02-26-2012, 05:53 PM
last rumor i heard was that kobe told howard that if he came to LA he could be the third option behind himself and gasol :roll: :roll:

talkingconch
02-26-2012, 05:54 PM
last rumor i heard was that kobe told howard that if he came to LA he could be the third option behind himself and gasol :roll: :roll:
And that was denied by Kobe

Kiddlovesnets
02-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Didnt Dwight say he wont sign an extension with LA? I dont see how it will change for the better if LA does give up both Bynum and Gasol.

Zackmorris
02-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Last rumor I read its a done deal he's going to the Wizards but I dunno :confusedshrug:

niko
Lakersnation think Howard is going to the Lakers. That's freakign shocking. I read a rumor on D12Magic's blog that his sources say Howard thinks the Lakers suck and is printing up BROOKLYN'S FINEST posters with DWill as his christmas cards.

BallsOut
Bynum AND Gasol? Lakers get raped.

niko
02-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Didnt Dwight say he wont sign an extension with LA? I dont see how it will change for the better if LA does give up both Bynum and Gasol.
No, he did not say that. Secret sources implied it. Depends on what you want to believe.

outbreak
Last rumor I read its a done deal he's going to the Wizards but I dunno :confusedshrug:

Wizards? I herd bobcats

D12"Magic"
Get your daily dose of some Rumor's. Gonna be a long 15 day's till the deadline :violin:

LBJMVP
02-26-2012, 05:57 PM
And that was denied by Kobe

didnt say i believed it. kobe would never say that to dwight.

just saying the rumors are all over the place about dwight.

talkingconch
02-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Get your daily dose of some Rumor's. Gonna be a long 15 day's till the deadline :violin:
alot of drama on the way post-asg :eek:

Bob Cousy
02-26-2012, 05:58 PM
don't even want Howard all that much for what ORL would demand... more interested in star PG and quality SF.

would want Howard just to piss off the rest of the league.

Kiddlovesnets
02-26-2012, 06:00 PM
No, he did not say that. Secret sources implied it. Depends on what you want to believe.

lol you know there is not a superstar who wants to play alongside with Kobe and serves as his second-hand man nowadays.
:rolleyes:

D12"Magic"
02-26-2012, 06:00 PM
alot of drama on the way post-asg :eek:
Yeah, Melo-Drama last year was dreadful

Heavincent
02-26-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not believing anything until it's 100% official. This is literally like the 20th Dwight rumor I have heard.

MJ(Mean John)
02-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Lol.

So essentially Bynum (who many feel can be almost as good as Dwight, including myself) pau(who ppl say is our "real key" to success.) and 6th man Lamar odom for Dwight..

Boy lakers are stupid.

Burgz
02-26-2012, 06:08 PM
i cant wait until this is over and we can stop talking about Dwight ****ing Howard

bizil
02-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Lol.

So essentially Bynum (who many feel can be almost as good as Dwight, including myself) pau(who ppl say is our "real key" to success.) and 6th man Lamar odom for Dwight..

Boy lakers are stupid.

I agree with u! I think Bynum and Howard straight up in terms of on the court is fair enough. If Orlando is going to lose the premier center in the L, u might as well gain and All Star starter and second best center in the L. In terms of D and boards, Howard is better. But I think offensively, Bynum can grow to be better than Howard. I think he's already more skilled, he just has to get the production up some. But Howard still gives u 20 a night. Gasol is arguably the most skilled PF in the L. So Orlando would be in a great spot if they could get Gasol and Bynum to start fresh with. If u add some better perimeter play, that could be interesting to watch.

FireDavidKahn
02-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I'd love for this to go down. He would be following in Shaqs foot steps yet again:oldlol:

rhythmic
02-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Howard, Sheed, Hedo, Bryant and Nelson
We would have a more well-rounded unit, at least.

But no; Howard is not worth both Gasol & Bynum, Jim Buss is just terrible if this happens.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Lol.

Boy lakers are stupid.

depends on whats coming back ...if its Howard/Anderson/Hedo/Nelson I am fine

remember lakers keep all of their 1st rounders and tpe still intact

rhythmic
02-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Bynum, 1st round pick and Ebanks for Howard is MORE then enough considering the circumstances.

McRoberts for Mayo
Sign Rasheed
1st Round Pick and TPE for Sessions

Howard, Gasol, Barnes, Bryant & Sessions
Mayo 6th man
Bench: Rasheed, Blake, Goudelock, World Peace, Fisher and Murphy

It's actually not all that unrealistic.

outbreak
02-26-2012, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

All Net
02-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Both? it's pointless...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Rondo is worth more than Gasol at this point, why would Boston do this?

lol ya fcuk right...

bmulls
02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Also, why would Dwight even want this? If they trade away Gasol, Howard to the Lakers doesn't make them contenders. He's an upgrade over Bynum obviously, but it's not a huge upgrade considering Bynum is top 2-3 center in the league. Plus Kobe starts to decline/retires in a couple years and you're back at square one.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Both? it's pointless...

its about putting people in those damm expensive seats...once kobe is gone they dont have anybody...

so they are overpaying Howard for their own good....

All Net
02-26-2012, 06:43 PM
its about putting people in those damm expensive seats...once kobe is gone they dont have anybody...

so they are overpaying Howard for their own good....

I'm not sure if Dwight would want to stay if we gut our core to get him.

Jon_Koncak
02-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Orlando owner has made it clear that he doesnt want to lose a second franchise center to the Lakers.He'd rather settle for less talent and take whatever NJ sents him than give him to Lakers,Otis smith has no say right now.

maybeshewill13
02-26-2012, 06:44 PM
I heard a rumor OKC are trading Kendrick Perkins for Howard. :rockon:

BlackWhiteGreen
02-26-2012, 06:45 PM
why would it have to wait til March 1st? :facepalm

All Net
02-26-2012, 06:47 PM
I heard a rumor OKC are trading Kendrick Perkins for Howard. :rockon:

Westbrook/Perkins for Dwight/Nelson could make Thunder a future dynasty. Doubt Dwight would want to play anywhere but a big market team though.

ZenMaster
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure if Dwight would want to stay if we gut our core to get him.

Leaving the LA Lakers while giving up money on a max contract, sounds like madness doesn't it?

Celtic_Pride
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
So Laker fans want Bynum + fillers for Howard, OJ Mayo for Mcroberts, TPE for Beasley, Rondo and Bass for Gasol, picks for Sessions.

Hmmmmmmm

Jakeh008
02-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Word on the street is Howard for Iblocka Harden Perkins and Aldrich will be confirmed after allstar weekend in Orlando is over.

Thunder feel they can convince Howard to resign and that a core of Westbrook Durant and Howard with Sefolosha and Collison filling in the gaps can not only win this year but many years to come.

Magic believe that Nelson Richardson Turkoglu Perkins Iblocka with Harden and Anderson coming off the bench will not only be an improvement this year but will make them contenders in the East for multiple years.

All Net
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Word on the street is Howard for Iblocka Harden Perkins and Aldrich will be confirmed after allstar weekend in Orlando is over.

:wtf: who you get that from?

ZenMaster
02-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Orlando owner has made it clear that he doesnt want to lose a second franchise center to the Lakers.He'd rather settle for less talent and take whatever NJ sents him than give him to Lakers,Otis smith has no say right now.

Orlando has that brand new arena, they can't just go into rebuilding mode, risk playing for empty seats and not making the playoffs. They need the revenue.

FireDavidKahn
02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
He made it up.

FireDavidKahn
Orlando has that brand new arena, they can't just go into rebuilding mode, risk playing for empty seats and not making the playoffs. They need the revenue.
No they don't. Teams now basically don't have to worry about not making a profit with the new CBA.

LoPro4u2c
So Laker fans want Bynum + fillers for Howard, OJ Mayo for Mcroberts, TPE for Beasley, Rondo and Bass for Gasol, picks for Sessions.

Hmmmmmmm

:lol that is delusional thinking even for Laker fans even for me but thats basically a whole new lineup right there if it ever happened:

Rondo
Mayo
Beasley
Bass
Howard

with Sessions coming off the bench

WeGetRing2012

No he didn't... You Nets fans are pretty annoying.

And as for this rumor I doubt LA gives up both Gasol & Bynum for Howard.

WeGetRing2012
02-26-2012, 06:56 PM
yes it is unrealistic, mcroberts for mayo? gtfo Howard going to rubbish without you even taking on hedo? gtfo

Mayo got traded for McRoberts last year. Do you people even know what you're talking about???

Jakeh008
02-26-2012, 06:56 PM

This is the make up a trade and say its a rumor thread right?

niko
02-26-2012, 06:59 PM
the street, can't you read? Its "the word":lol

lilgodfather1
02-26-2012, 07:01 PM
It would shore up the Lakers biggest weakness which is PG, but it would hurt their overall size unless they traded the TPE for a PF, or signed a waived one. Someone like Antwan Jamison would be nice for the Lakers + Dwight as he has a respectable jumpshot leaving the middle open for Dwight. Can you imagine what Mike Brown's defense could do with Dwight Howard, or what Howard could do with legitimate defenders around him (I mean Hedo... really). If the Lakers could somehow manage to grab Dwight + a starting PF through a buyout and trade their TPE for a defensive big man off the bench they would DESTROY the Heat in the finals.

All Net
02-26-2012, 07:01 PM
This is the make up a trade and say its a rumor thread right?

If a member of the media does write any article about a trade it is worth posting yes. To talk about if nothing else. Different from some random person making up any trade that comes to mind.

outbreak
02-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Mayo got traded for McRoberts last year. Do you people even know what you're talking about???

/facepalm

Key part there is last year man, that was when the Grizz were desperate to move him and thought he was a team cancer, he's sinced embraced the 6th man role and is doing well, Memphis have even said this year they don't plan on trading him at all.

Burgz
02-26-2012, 07:08 PM

huh?

outbreak
02-26-2012, 07:11 PM
huh?

Wasn't submitted in time for the deadline or some crap. I thought there was another piece going to Memphis with Mcroberts though, wasn't rush or someone else in it? Any way no point bringing up year old trades the Mayo situation has changed.

All Net
02-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Wasn't submitted in time for the deadline or some crap. I thought there was another piece going to Memphis with Mcroberts though, wasn't rush or someone else in it? Any way no point bringing up year old trades the Mayo situation has changed.

Got cancelled due to injury or something.

RazorBaLade
02-26-2012, 07:15 PM
So wheres rasheed wallace?

im tired of these ****ing trade rumors, stop posting them. whats the point? whoever is reporting these is 0 for the last 8 or something, give up

Celtic_Pride
02-26-2012, 07:17 PM

Ohh wow

Gasol was traded for Kwame Brown and picks. GSW will be willing to trade Brown + picks for Gasol. Will you guys do it?

RazorBaLade
02-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Ohh wow

Gasol was traded for Kwame Brown and Marc gasol. GSW will be willing to trade Brown + marc gasol for Gasol. Will you guys do it?

yes we would do that

WeGetRing2012
02-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Ohh wow

Gasol was traded for Kwame Brown and picks. GSW will be willing to trade Brown + picks for Gasol. Will you guys do it?

LAST YEAR! Dumbass.....

andgar923
02-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Am I the only one that thinks he'll come to L.A.?

It will happen.

rhythmic
02-26-2012, 07:28 PM
yes it is unrealistic, mcroberts for mayo? gtfo Howard going to rubbish without you even taking on hedo? gtfo

How is it unrealistic? The only legit point you made was Hedo. I am sure if LA were to pull these moves up, they would restructure the deal to make this plausible. Possible getting a third team involved, giving up pieces so they can observe Hedo's contract as well. If anything, getting Hedo helps LA as he is better then Barnes at SF.

1) Bynum, fillers + picks for Howard and Hedo (via a three team trade) is REALISTIC considering how well Drew has played this year and being a starting center out west. He will probably put up better numbers in Orlando; getting a 20/13/2 center in return who is 24 years of age for Howard (who is possibly leaving) is NOT unrealistic.

2) Mayo for McRoberts was attempted last year, but the deal was finalized after the deadline. Memphis already expressed interest in McRoberts and do not see Mayo fitting in with their current team.

3) Sessions for TPE & pick is REALISTIC considering it's been rumored already...

4) Rasheed signing with LA is realistic, considering we all just heard it this past week.

So what exactly is unrealistic about the scenario I mentioned? Yeah, it's very unlikely LA can pull all those moves off but it's not a pipe-dream, there is substance behind the idea.

talkingconch
02-26-2012, 07:29 PM
:lol that is delusional thinking even for Laker fans even for me but thats basically a whole new lineup right there if it ever happened:

Rondo
Mayo
Beasley
Bass
Howard

with Sessions coming off the bench

ya and wat the fcuk happened to Kobe may I ask?:roll:

Burgz
02-26-2012, 07:30 PM
ya and wat the fcuk happened to Kobe may I ask?:roll:

GOAT 6th man obviously :oldlol:

KingMichael23
02-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Why would Kobe tell Dwight to be the 3rd option when he wanted Andrew Bynum to be the 2nd option over Pau?

WeGetRing2012
02-26-2012, 07:32 PM
/facepalm

Key part there is last year man, that was when the Grizz were desperate to move him and thought he was a team cancer, he's sinced embraced the 6th man role and is doing well, Memphis have even said this year they don't plan on trading him at all.

But there were still on going talks of them moving Mayo in Dec of 2011. The Grizzlies might be trying to move him for financial purposes as well. Like Beasley, Mayo is gonna be an unrestricted free agent this off season and will get good offer sheets from other teams and I doubt MEM is gonna spend a lot of money on him with most of the money going to Gay,Gasol,Randolph, and Conley. And his 6th Man role can easily be filled by another cheaper player.

outbreak
02-26-2012, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

LABean
02-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Kobe's gonna get Dwight his first ring. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Celtic_Pride
02-26-2012, 07:41 PM
this is the same as people still thinking the rockets want to sell their team for gasol now they don't have nene.

This

Some dumbass Laker fans still think that Houston would give up its core for Gasol and Memphis would give up an improved Mayo for Josh I-cant-do-much-apart-from-hard-fouls McRoberts!

If Grizzlies really wanted to trade Mayo, they will surely get much better options other than McRoberts

rhythmic
02-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Question...

Howard, Rasheed, Beasley, Bryant & Nelson
Mayo or Sessions, Hedo, Barnes, Artest, Fisher, Blake, Goudelock, McRoberts

Better or worse then we have right now?
I am speaking about a possible scenario

1) Howard, Nelson & Hedo for Gasol & Bynum
2) Mayo for McRoberts plus pick (or #3)
3) Sessions for TPE and 1st round pick (or #4)
4) Beasley for TPE plus two 1st round picks
4) Sign Rasheed

niko
02-26-2012, 07:43 PM
this is like the initial net trade rumor, remember that? The radio voice in LA heard Dwight would go to Brooklyn in 48 hours. I dont believe rumors with timelines.

Celtic_Pride
02-26-2012, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
02-26-2012, 07:50 PM
2) Grizzlies would never do that. They surely will get better prospects for Mayo
3) Why would Cavs want the TPE when they are having a ton of cap space?

To make the trade plausible and not get back any undesirable contracts from LA in return. They want a pick for Sessions...

Regarding Mayo, I am just throwing out McRoberts because that was the agreed upon trade last year. No other reason then that, I'd rather get Sessions anyways.

guy
02-26-2012, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
02-26-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't get it. Don't the Lakers only have 1 trade exception? How can they get both Sessions and Beasley?

#2, 3 & 4 are either-or scenarios.
LA will not get Beasley, Mayo and Sessions; only one of them, is what I'm saying.

RazorBaLade
02-26-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't get it. Don't the Lakers only have 1 trade exception? How can they get both Sessions and Beasley?

we have 2 first round picks... which we wouldn't give up I assume if we give both gasol and bynum for howard.

So we'd have 2 first rounders and a TPE... TPE for beasley, first rounder for sessions..... and another 1st round in our pocket

WeGetRing2012
02-26-2012, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

hops and stops
02-26-2012, 07:57 PM
It might seem like a lot to give up losing Gasol and Bynum, but when you really look at it...

1) Nelson, Kobe, Turkoglu, McBob/Sheed, Howard
- or -
2) Fisher, Kobe, World Peace, Gasol, Bynum

Would the Lakers rather be weak at the 4 but have Dwight, Kobe and maybe Rasheed Wallace?

or would they rather be incredibly weak at the 1 and 3 but have Kobe, Gasol and Bynum?

guy
02-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Howard, Hedo, and Jameer were pretty much the core of a team thats won 50+ games together for what would be 5 straight seasons if they stayed in Orlando this year and it was a full season, plus making 1 Finals and 2 ECF. And now they would be together with Kobe Bryant. Would be almost like the Magic if the Lakers traded Kobe Bryant for Ryan Anderson. Plus, doesn't this pretty much fill in the holes at SF and PG that Laker fans always complain about? While still contending and adding someone that pretty much will guarantee they contend to an extent for the next 7-10 years.

bmulls
02-26-2012, 08:00 PM
It might seem like a lot to give up losing Gasol and Bynum, but when you really look at it...

Nelson, Kobe, Turkoglu, McBob, Howard
- or -
Fisher, Kobe, World Peace, Gasol, Bynum

Would the Lakers rather be weak at the 4 but have Dwight and Kobe? or would they rather be incredibly weak at the 1 and 3 but have Kobe, Gasol and Bynum?

Bynum is atleast 75% of Howard. He's obviously not as good defensively but he's just as good if not better on offense when healthy. Trading your 2nd option for a minor upgrade at center isn't smart.

They could easily move Gasol for another servicable PG, there are a few on the market like Devin Harris, Calderon etc.

guy
02-26-2012, 08:01 PM
we have 2 first round picks... which we wouldn't give up I assume if we give both gasol and bynum for howard.

So we'd have 2 first rounders and a TPE... TPE for beasley, first rounder for sessions..... and another 1st round in our pocket

Lakers don't have cap space so they can't absorb Sessions contract without giving someone up or using a trade exception which they won't have if they use it on Beasley.

RazorBaLade
02-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Lakers don't have cap space so they can't absorb Sessions contract without giving someone up or using a trade exception which they won't have if they use it on Beasley.

amnesty walton obv

hops and stops
02-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Bynum is atleast 75% of Howard. He's obviously not as good defensively but he's just as good if not better on offense when healthy. Trading your 2nd option for a minor upgrade at center isn't smart.

They could easily move Gasol for another servicable PG, there are a few on the market like Devin Harris, Calderon etc.

I disagree that Bynum is that close to Dwight in terms of talent and franchise value. Bynum might be the second best center in the league, but there's a pretty big gap between second and first. Then you have to consider Bynum's tendency towards injury.

AMISTILLILL
02-26-2012, 08:03 PM
I just want this season over with so we can stop hearing about these lame Lakers trade scenarios.

SourGrapes
02-26-2012, 08:06 PM
I just want this season over with so we can stop hearing about these lame Lakers trade scenarios.

Your spite is a bad look. Just stop posting in lakers related threads if you're so resentful

guy
02-26-2012, 08:06 PM
amnesty walton obv

They still don't have cap space even then.

RazorBaLade
02-26-2012, 08:07 PM
They still don't have cap space even then.

you said "without giving someone up or using a TPE"

Does amnesty not count as giving someone up? Fine then, you can combine the pick with someone like ebanks.

DFish
02-26-2012, 08:08 PM

You mean you just don't want the Lakers landing any big names. :oldlol: :rolleyes: Sorry, it's happening. It's a pill you'll have to swallow. But this trade isn't the most likely. The most likely move will be a two-step trade for Dwight Howard and Rajon Rondo, as I've already revealed (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252313).

Sit back and enjoy the show, you poor poor Celtics bandwagoner. :cheers:

WeGetRing2012
02-26-2012, 08:13 PM

http://funnyphotosto.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/22/Crying-252BBaby-252BNatural-252BHigh-252Bfor-252BSome-252BMoms.jpg

LABean
02-26-2012, 08:15 PM
lol @ this Celtics fan hating on the Lakers. :lol

outbreak
02-26-2012, 08:15 PM
You mean you just don't want the Lakers landing any big names. :oldlol: :rolleyes: Sorry, it's happening. It's a pill you'll have to swallow. But this trade isn't the most likely. The most likely move will be a two-step trade for Dwight Howard and Rajon Rondo, as I've already revealed (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252313).

Sit back and enjoy the show, you poor poor Celtics bandwagoner. :cheers:

They'll get someone but your trade idea is retarded on many levels.

SourGrapes
02-26-2012, 08:24 PM
They'll get someone but your trade idea is retarded on many levels.

He's an idiot who won't go away

AMISTILLILL
02-26-2012, 08:30 PM
:sleeping

SourGrapes
02-26-2012, 09:21 PM
:sleeping

Even more pathetic

longtime lurker
02-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Like Kobe said, Lakers management either needs to trade these guys now or keep them. This shit is getting ridiculous now. I don't even care to much if Howard gets traded, just want this shit to be over with.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-26-2012, 09:27 PM
you said "without giving someone up or using a TPE"

Does amnesty not count as giving someone up? Fine then, you can combine the pick with someone like ebanks.
when you amnesty someone it still counts against your salary cap. you just don't have to pay the luxury tax on it.

guy
02-26-2012, 09:30 PM
when you amnesty someone it still counts against your salary cap. you just don't have to pay the luxury tax on it.

No it doesn't

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-26-2012, 09:32 PM
No it doesn't
true, lol.

Sarcastic
02-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Yankee fans don't even feel the sense of entitlement that Laker fans do.

qrich
02-26-2012, 10:26 PM
For whenever the Magic do finally trade Dwight, Olshey should jump in and offer Ryan Gomes, Randy Foye, Rights to Sofo and 2nd Rounders for Quentin and Jason Richardson.

Paul - JRich - Butler - Griffin - Jordan
Bledsoe - Mo Gotti - Leslie - QRich - Gomes - Evans - Martin - Thompkins - Cook

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Det The Threat @ RealGM originally posted this deal

AMISTILLILL
02-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Even more pathetic

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzs0dtm3wE1rq5e5lo1_500.gif

D12"Magic"
02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzs0dtm3wE1rq5e5lo1_500.gif
:roll:

DKLaker
02-26-2012, 11:56 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :cheers:

SpecialQue
02-26-2012, 11:59 PM

BOOLshit.

longtime lurker
02-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Huh? They have the pieces to trade for Howard. It's not like they're giving up Luke Walton and Metta World peace for Howard. They're giving up 2 seven footers that most people think they would be better off keeping I don't understand where there's a sense of entitlement.

outbreak
02-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Anyone else see the twitter rumour on ********* saying Kobe may be asking for the no trade clause to be removed from his contract?

Sarcastic
02-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Huh? They have the pieces to trade for Howard. It's not like they're giving up Luke Walton and Metta World peace for Howard. They're giving up 2 seven footers that most people think they would be better off keeping I don't understand where there's a sense of entitlement.

Yankee fans don't run around proposing unreasonable trades, like Freddy Garcia for Albert Pujols because they are gonna lose him anyway.

poido123
02-27-2012, 01:00 AM
Anyone else see the twitter rumour on ********* saying Kobe may be asking for the no trade clause to be removed from his contract?

:roll: No, but it sure as hell would be weird to see Kobe traded to another team. I think its BS, Kobe is the moneymaker for the Lakers.

outbreak
02-27-2012, 01:09 AM
:roll: No, but it sure as hell would be weird to see Kobe traded to another team. I think its BS, Kobe is the moneymaker for the Lakers.

I don't get it anyway, even if he has asked for this he's not asking for a trade and who are the lakers going to trade him for? No team would take him for the contract he is on and it'd take like 5 guys to make up a trade. the lakers club house forums has this rumour too

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-27-2012, 01:11 AM
I don't get it anyway, even if he has asked for this he's not asking for a trade and who are the lakers going to trade him for? No team would take him for the contract he is on and it'd take like 5 guys to make up a trade. the lakers club house forums has this rumour too
Shame the Sixers don't have the pieces. I think plenty of teams would be willing to take on Kobe's contract. Is Kobe willing to play for them teams? That's a different story.

I<3NBA
02-27-2012, 01:39 AM
last i heart Kobe invited Dwight to his house and asked him to bend over.

hops and stops
02-27-2012, 02:16 AM

did Dwight oblige? :oldlol:

OneBadUsername
02-27-2012, 02:54 AM
To anyone who says Bynum is almost if not better than Howard, have you ever asked yourself how good would Orlando be if they swapped Drew for Dwight? It's sure as hell by far a worse team than with Dwight. That is all. It's gonna be funny as hell seeing what some of you clowns have to say.

DKLaker
02-27-2012, 03:07 AM

Is that YOUR fantasy???? Seriously, what straight male comes up with something like that???

bdreason
02-27-2012, 03:16 AM
Why would Howard want to go to Lakers team that has ZERO flexibility because Kobe will be making 30 million a year pretty soon?

Kobe and Howard combo isn't winning anything. Especially with no depth.

bdreason
02-27-2012, 03:18 AM
And am I the only ones who thinks Howard doesn't want to follow in the steps of Shaq, a guy who constantly cries in the media about Howard trying to be like him?

MJ(Mean John)
02-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Is that YOUR fantasy???? Seriously, what straight male comes up with something like that???

LMAOO

HAHAHA:lol :lol

Whoah10115
02-27-2012, 12:45 PM
And am I the only ones who thinks Howard doesn't want to follow in the steps of Shaq, a guy who constantly cries in the media about Howard trying to be like him?

This is what I've always said, and Howard has said as well. I don't think he's that kind of liar. And if he were to get traded, I don't believe he'd re-sign...and I think the Lakers won't trade for him without him at least opting in for that last year of his contract.

Go4thaGold
02-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Anderson should also be included. It still works. LA is giving up a lot AND taking a bad contract in Hedo...

iDunk
02-27-2012, 01:25 PM
LOL, this isn't happening. You guys are retahded.

D12"Magic"
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM
John Denton
Just heard this from very reliable souce: NJ Nets officials seriously doubt that the #Magic will trade @Dwighthoward before trade deadline.

[QUOTE]The Magic figure logic is on their side, and they also can do a sign-and-trade so Howard doesn

niko
02-27-2012, 04:29 PM
They were saying on the radio it's all in flux because Deron hasn't given a firm commitment to Dwight what he wants to do and Dwight hasn't decided what he wants to do and both have several scenarios in mind.

bTW, i'm not buying the Bynum thing, not that they wouldn't be turned off by his injuries, but that he's too hurt to continue. He's looked fine in recent weeks watching him play, just as big and slow as always but moving.

i don't buy that they are not trading him though, i think they are just trying to scare teams (nets?) into bigger offers. Dwight is so flaky that him staying could actually be him staying. Stupid as that sounds at this point.

D12"Magic"
02-27-2012, 04:31 PM
They were saying on the radio it's all in flux because Deron hasn't given a firm commitment to Dwight what he wants to do and Dwight hasn't decided what he wants to do and both have several scenarios in mind.

bTW, i'm not buying the Bynum thing, not that they wouldn't be turned off by his injuries, but that he's too hurt to continue. He's looked fine in recent weeks watching him play, just as big and slow as always but moving.

i don't buy that they are not trading him though, i think they are just trying to scare teams (nets?) into bigger offers. Dwight is so flaky that him staying could actually be him staying. Stupid as that sounds at this point.
Well that's not the first report of Orlando not being interested in Bynum.
And what several scenarios our in mind :lol ? There are literally like only 2 option's

Story Up
02-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Bynum had a precautionary injection so no reason to play him; he wasn't hurt or injured last night. You'd think real reporters who get paid for this would know facts before making stupid assumptions.

scm5
02-27-2012, 04:33 PM
The Lakers are so stacked at PF/C right now that picking up Sheed' doesn't make sense unless they kinda have a deal in place to deal Pau/Bynum.

I think there is legitimacy behind this story, I'm just not sure if it'll happen.

niko
02-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Chad Ford says if there's a trade, he's staying with Nets, if he gets to FA, he prefers Dallas. Basically he'd prefer Dallas but not enough to give up Money (or ask Deron to).

Basically i think he winds up as a LA Clipper because no one is predicting it and all these guys are confused.

D12"Magic"
02-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Chad Ford says if there's a trade, he's staying with Nets, if he gets to FA, he prefers Dallas. Basically he'd prefer Dallas but not enough to give up Money (or ask Deron to).

Basically i think he winds up as a LA Clipper because no one is predicting it and all these guys are confused.
Deron is not gonna leave Brooklyn, $30 Million, Swag, Lottery Pick, Jay-Z and the team when he can have Howard here. I've read all these Dallas article's and most of them are Dallas Homer's.

Don't tell me you believe that niko?

scm5
02-27-2012, 04:40 PM

Imagine if he ends up as part of the Thunder.

I know it's unlikely but, most people agree that Westbrook is holding Durant back. Harden is also a better playmaker than Westbrook.

Westbrook and Perkins for Dwight would be one of the better offers Orlando would receive.

Harden/Thabo/Durant/Ibaka/Dwight

It would be the most beaslty defensive lineup ever constructed.

niko
02-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Deron is not gonna leave Brooklyn, $30 Million, Swag, Lottery Pick, Jay-Z and the team when he can have Howard here. I've read all these Dallas article's and most of them are Dallas Homer's.

Don't tell me you believe that niko?
Nope, but it's just chatter. But it's interesting. I don't totally discount Howard liking Dallas though, it's not what i'd bet but i remember Dwight to Dallas coming up a lot of times before. He likes it there. Remember, he's a mega talent but he's not exactly the most ballsy player ever, the media there is soft on the Mavs and Cuban gives his players every amenity know to man. Much like Lebron, he might be scared of NY.

Chad Ford said Howard to Dallas in FA is a done deal if he gets there which if i was you, would make me mega confident he's coming to Brooklyn. :lol The more people predict Brooklyn the more i'd worry if i were you. These guys aren't exactly Nostradamus.

poido123
02-27-2012, 04:45 PM

Read somewhere that bynum has draining done from his knee before/after games...I wouldnt be surprised if the Lakers have been showcasing him, or playing him through the knee troubles, just so they could trade him away. I wouldnt be surprised if Bynum turns into be another Oden soon enough, some bigs just have brittle knees...

D12"Magic"
02-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Nope, but it's just chatter. But it's interesting. I don't totally discount Howard liking Dallas though, it's not what i'd bet but i remember Dwight to Dallas coming up a lot of times before. He likes it there. Remember, he's a mega talent but he's not exactly the most ballsy player ever, the media there is soft on the Mavs and Cuban gives his players every amenity know to man.

Chad Ford said Howard to Dallas in FA is a done deal if he gets there which if i was you, would make me mega confident he's coming to Brooklyn. :lol
Even though we can have a better team if Howard come's into Free Agency, I want to trade for him now. Not only does it save me another 4 month's of headache but even though Dallas is not the likely ideal situation you can't risk certain thing's.

niko
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Even though we can have a better team if Howard come's into Free Agency, I want to trade for him now. Not only does it save me another 4 month's of headache but even though Dallas is not the likely ideal situation you can't risk certain thing's.
We agree completely. Nets have advantage now plus it assures deron stays too. Why not now?

The Real JW
02-27-2012, 06:32 PM

Man, I don't even want to think about a core of CP3, Griffin and Dwight... :lol

With their depth and talented role players like Caron, Mo, Kenyon, Reggie, Chauncey that just wouldn't even be fair to teams out west. I could see the next 5 straight finals matchups being Clippers-Heat and a new rivalry forming. :eek:

Sarcastic
02-27-2012, 06:34 PM

That's exactly why I wanted to trade for Melo. I didn't even want to chance him going to FA, and picking some place else.

SpecialQue
02-27-2012, 06:46 PM
The only way I'd want Dwight on that team would have to involve NOT losing Gasol.

I still think this is the only fair trade:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253689

DirtySanchez
02-27-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't believe SH*T until it's final.

Sarcastic
02-27-2012, 07:01 PM
The only way I'd want Dwight on that team would have to involve NOT losing Gasol.

I still think this is the only fair trade:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253689

There is no such thing as a fair trade for Howard. It's only the best possible deal that Orlando can get.