PDA

View Full Version : What's your specialty?

Lebron23
02-28-2012, 11:11 PM
I am a good midrange shooter, solid slasher/finisher and a decent 3 points shooter. Sometimes I handle the ball because I am the best ball handler and passer on our team. By the way I just played 3 on 3 from 8:30 am to 10:50 am.

C_lake2802
02-29-2012, 02:02 AM
3 ball and passing. no question

Jyap9675
02-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Catch and shoot,midrange, decent 3 pointer and passing. Mainly uses floaters on my drive.

Fatigue is my main weakness especially full court game.

HylianNightmare
02-29-2012, 11:38 AM
driving and dishing or finishing

01amberfirewv
02-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Slasher ball handler and when I

Rake2204
02-29-2012, 06:36 PM
I suppose I'd label my specialty as slashing and finishing at the rim.

Jailblazers7
02-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Shooter. My game is based on pumps and jabsteps. I hardly ever take more than 3 dribbles in the half court if I can help it.

Kiarip
03-01-2012, 05:07 AM
I'm so bad right now that all I can do is play defense lmfao...

We keep having half hour half-court games to 11, because we shut the other team down, and but we're all so rusty that no one can ****ing score :(

scm5
03-01-2012, 02:29 PM
I do everything except play off the ball well.

I can spot up shoot 3's and midrange jumpers, but that's the extent of how well I play off the ball. I rarely cut, but I can slash well.

I'm just used to handling the ball and if I'm not the one handling it, I'm lost.

Mr. I'm So Rad
03-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Mid range and long range shooting. My go to move is to post up on the left block and hit a turnaround jumper over my right shoulder. Also, rebounding. I'm good at scrapping for rebounds and usually involve myself on the glass even if I'm not scoring.

EoJ
03-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Defense. I get in a zone sometimes and lock people down, get my hand on every ball in passing lane. Good shooter but horrible ball handler.

KokoWarzone
03-03-2012, 05:14 AM
catch and shoot mid range shooter. my game is base around jabstep and footwork i sometimes back down opponents with height disadvantage and if im in the low block with a stronger player i just use my footwork and quickness.

Weakness
horrible shooter at 3pt
low stamina but im working on it
not good finisher but working on it
do not have a decent weak hand but working on it

Scal
03-05-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm a mid-range shooter these days. I use to play the point, but since the team I play for now has far better ball handlers than me I have settled into this role. I'm an ordinary 3-point shooter, so I don't shoot them in games (in practice I can hit a few, but not near enough to justify shooting them in a game - I think I have made 2 in-game my entire life).

I also like to get out and run. I'm quicker than most, and I tend to get a lot of easy lay-ups off opposition scores simply by beating them down the court and getting go lead passes from our point guard. I'm not a big scorer, as I don't tend to create my own offence, but I relish the role of making my defender work by staying in motion.

And although I am not the best defender, I love the challenge and I try to focus every possession. If someone beats me, it just motivates me more.

jamal99
03-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Great midrange shooter, solid 3pt shooter and really nice court vision/passing and feel for the game.

Lebron23
03-07-2012, 10:08 PM
I just played basketball again. I am still hitting those long range 3 points shooters.

Lebron23
03-14-2012, 10:57 PM
My team won in a pickup game today. I hit a clutch mid-range jumper.

Kiarip
03-18-2012, 01:11 AM
My specialty is perimeter defense, and taking consistently low percentage :( lol. I'm so terrible nowadays

Lebron23
03-18-2012, 09:01 AM
I am gonna sleep early starting today. I'll practice 3-4 hours every morning.

lespauldude
03-18-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm somewhat of a point guard or at times a #2 guard. My offence used to consist of me being mid-range shooter and taking some 3's. These past couple years, my ball handling has improved and I'm utilizing my speed more to get in the paint so I can take higher percentage shots like floaters or layups. I also love running pick and rolls.

The opportunities are endless when you have legs to put your defender behind you :D

D-Wade316
03-22-2012, 06:54 AM
Post-game, passing, and defense.

Pick-up games are perimeter oriented, so I lurk around that area. However, if the opposing team's main scorer is a high or low post player, I defend them. Despite giving up several inches, I must say I'm pretty good in low block defense. I position my feet so that the ball handler can only move to the baseline. I don't allow any shots facing the rim.

D-Wade316
03-22-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm somewhat of a point guard or at times a #2 guard. My offence used to consist of me being mid-range shooter and taking some 3's. These past couple years, my ball handling has improved and I'm utilizing my speed more to get in the paint so I can take higher percentage shots like floaters or layups. I also love running pick and rolls.

The opportunities are endless when you have legs to put your defender behind you :D
Same too. I dislike isolation as the chances of scoring a bucket is low. In PnR. it gives you to choice: pass the ball to the pick setter or attack the basket yourself.

Lebron23
04-02-2012, 01:51 AM
We will have a 25 and under basketball tournament in less than 2 weeks. Most of the Participants are probably between 20-25 yrs.old.

Lebron23
05-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Tear drop Shot aka Floater is my go to moves.

UtahJazzFan88
05-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Catch and shoot 3's, mid-range shots usually. I try getting into the post but none of these fools I play with know how to pass in the post or know any type of screen or pick and roll.

Brujesino
05-12-2012, 02:59 AM
Playing perimeter defense.Im very quick and shuffle my feet very well.Post defense is something i need to work on though i need more muscle.

blablabla
05-13-2012, 06:06 AM
midrange jumpers

NotYetGreat
05-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Great all-around shooter, including off-the-dribble. Still working on my 3's since I played (undersized) big in HS, but I've been working on my guard skills ever since. Also, because of my experience at the 4/5, I go hard at the boards and blocks. Never scored for my team back then coz scoring wasn't my main role (was the only big :\), but I averaged like 10 boards and 2-3 blocks a game over counterparts 3-4 inches taller.

Salazaar
05-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm an emulated DWade: very streaky shooter but can heat up, very good slasher and finisher at the rim, good on fastbreaks, plays excellent weak side defense. Lack of consistency from mid range is the main weakness

01amberfirewv
05-31-2012, 09:59 AM
I rolled my left ankle about 2 months ago landing on the side of my foot after a rebound then the same ankle about a month ago coming down on someones foot after a jump shot. I then rolled my left ankle two weeks ago making a quick cut (wearing free running shoes:facepalm ). My game went from cutting, slashing and pull up jumpers to set mid-range jump shots. I have to say the rolled ankles almost improved my game.

mobbdeep
06-18-2012, 12:43 PM
My specialty is creating for others and making sick passes for assists.

But I can hit the jumper, and I am a great 3 point shooter.

Most people at my gym love to hog and shoot questionable hero shots but I play good fundamentals and make the right plays.

mobbdeep
06-18-2012, 12:44 PM
I rolled my left ankle about 2 months ago landing on the side of my foot after a rebound then the same ankle about a month ago coming down on someones foot after a jump shot. I then rolled my left ankle two weeks ago making a quick cut (wearing free running shoes:facepalm ). My game went from cutting, slashing and pull up jumpers to set mid-range jump shots. I have to say the rolled ankles almost improved my game.

that's good. blessing in disguise lol.

I messed up my shooting hand's index finger the other day fouling a guy in the lower body and i lost feeling in two fingers and now it's sprained.

So i had to dribble and learn to go with my weak hand lately and it helps lol