PDA

View Full Version : Bulls want Gasol, but Lakers want Deng in return

StateOfMind12
03-01-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm getting flashbacks of what happened in 2007.

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bulls/2012/2/29/2834039/nba-trade-rumors-2012-chicago-bulls-interested-pau-gasol-los-angeles-lakers-carlos-boozer-luol-deng

The Chicago Bulls are among the teams showing interest in acquiring Los Angeles Lakers power forward Pau Gasol, according to Chris Broussard of ESPN. Previous rumors had tied the two sides together recently, but it's unclear how serious Chicago's interest in breaking up its current roster is.

As Broussard's source says, the Bulls are hesitant to break up one of the most impressive and cohesive rosters in the NBA, but there's also growing doubt that the team won't be able to beat the Miami Heat in the playoffs in its current form. The source says that the Bulls but are considering making one more move to try to push the team over the top.

The Bulls would give up current starting forward Carlos Boozer "in a heartbeat" to acquire Gasol, according to Broussard, but he notes that's not enough to get a deal done. He says that the Lakers would likely want All-Star forward Luol Deng in the deal, which would presumably be a deal-breaker given Chicago's admiration for Deng.

Hopefully either a 3rd team or even a 4th team comes in and changes the deal so the Bulls can still somehow acquire Gasol and keep Deng. Bulls would be the favorites for the East if they had Gasol instead of Boozer in my opinion.

It is interesting how the Bulls organization don't even feel like they have confidence in this current team to beat the Heat.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Nope...nope...nope....

roffie
03-01-2012, 12:44 AM
lakers win if they get this trade happening. bl bulls fans

Miserio
03-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Gasol >> Deng. I'm sorry, I would do this trade right now

talkingconch
03-01-2012, 12:45 AM
no im giving up gasol for fcuking carlos boozer

luol deng makes it better but this trade isn't happening

knickswin
03-01-2012, 12:46 AM
why would the lakers do this. why would they want boozer. why would they want those two big contracts.

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 12:47 AM
tired of these rumors

something needs to happen already

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Gasol >> Deng. I'm sorry, I would do this trade right now
Of course you would...you're not a Bulls fans, so you wouldn't understand. He's the glue man to this team, and the second best player after Rose. He's second in command, and I wouldn't give him up for Gasol.

Now maybe a Boozer, Watson, Butler and some picks deal.

WeGetRing2012
03-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Deng & Boozer for Gasol :wtf:

And Bulls fans say no :wtf:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Of course you would...you're not a Bulls fans, so you wouldn't understand. He's the glue man to this team, and the second best player after Rose. He's second in command, and I wouldn't give him up for Gasol.

lol really?

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 12:49 AM

The only way I'd do that is if we know both Rondo and howard can be achieved by some sort of combination of Boozer, Bynum, Watson, Butler, Chi picks and LA picks and TPE.

If the above can get rondo and howard then I'd do it

Tenchi Ryu
lol really?
really really

UtahJazzFan88
Bulls should pull the trigger and gamble on this. Then sign a SF in Batum or Gerald Wallace or Wilson Chandler in the offseason.

Clocian-IGN
03-01-2012, 12:50 AM
no

longtime lurker
It would take Deng, Boozer, and that Charlotte pick. Not necessarily because Gasol is that good, but Boozer is that bad....

Sarcastic
What if the Lakers sweeten the deal with Luke Walton? :confusedshrug:

Miserio
03-01-2012, 12:51 AM

Congrats for being loyal to your players. But Gasol is a proven champion and the bulls need a better offensive frontcourt in order to beat Miami.

Rose
03-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Bulls should pull the trigger and gamble on this. Then sign a SF in Batum or Gerald Wallace or Wilson Chandler in the offseason.
No way.

I've never been a Batum Guy.

Crash is over 30, and seems to be slowing down.

And Wilson Chandler is more of a 4 IMO. I may be wrong, as I never watched him in New York, but I did enjoy his Nuggets days.

Amnestying Boozer is the best option. You keep Deng, have money to throw at howard or worse comes to worse you finally get Big Al.:D

Bajanmale
03-01-2012, 12:52 AM

:roll: hilarious

Sarcastic
03-01-2012, 12:53 AM
No way.

And Wilson Chandler is more of a 4 IMO. I may be wrong, as I never watched him in New York, but I did enjoy his Nuggets days.

Amnestying Boozer is the best option. You keep Deng, have money to throw at howard or worse comes to worse you finally get Big Al.:D

Wilson Chandler is only a 4 in 'Antoni's warped mind, where Wilson was either a SG or PF, because Gallo had sole possession of the 3 spot.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Congrats for being loyal to your players. But Gasol is a proven champion and the bulls need a better offensive frontcourt in order to beat Miami.
I know he is...and trust me, I want him. But Deng is just too much. I'd give up Gibson and Brewer together before Deng. Only way Deng EVER leaves if its a bonafide Superstar

Pharcyde
03-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Getting Gasol is not worth losing Deng.

WeGetRing2012
What if the Lakers sweeten the deal with Luke Walton? :confusedshrug:

Luke & Gasol for Rose & Boozer

UtahJazzFan88
No way.

Big Al's defense isn't overly better than Boozer's, but I'd certainly take his offense any day of the week over Boozer's.

Pharcyde
And losing Deng does not help them beat Miami.

DevilsAssassin
lol another one of Chris Broussand BS articles

Rose
03-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Wilson Chandler is only a 4 in 'Antoni's warped mind, where Wilson was either a SG or PF, because Gallo had sole possession of the 3 spot.
:lol

I like Chandler more as a 4 because he played there some under Karl, and I think that's where Karl planned/plans to use him this year.

He may be a three like I said I never watched him enough to know. You'd know more on the topic than me. But I stand by my original point.

WeGetRing2012
03-01-2012, 12:56 AM
lol another one of Chris Broussand BS articles

He's has been thrown dirt at the Lakers because he wants Dwight to go the Nets.

Sarcastic
03-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Luke & Gasol for Rose & Boozer

Come on son. Make it even at least.

Luke & Gasol for Rose & Boozer AND DENG.

Rose
03-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Big Al's defense isn't overly better than Boozer's, but I'd certainly take his offense any day of the week over Boozer's.
Exactly. And Al is at least....tall. and....blocks shots. and exists.

We need offense more than defense in that regard Amnesty provides no offense 90% of the time against decent-good power forwards in the league.

DevilsAssassin
Bulls Receive: Michael Beasley and Pau Gasol

Lakers Receive: Carlos Boozer and Loul Deng

Wolves Receive: 1st round Picks from Bulls and Lakers and get Ronnie Brewer

Human Error
Bulls would be the favorites for the East if they had Gasol instead of Boozer in my opinion.
Hmm... No.

Sarcastic
03-01-2012, 12:58 AM
:lol

I like Chandler more as a 4 because he played there some under Karl, and I think that's where Karl planned/plans to use him this year.

He may be a three like I said I never watched him enough to know. You'd know more on the topic than me. But I stand by my original point.

Again, that is the "we have to play the handsome whiteboy" reason he played 4 for Karl.

Wilson Chandler is a natural 3.

Human Error
03-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Hopefully either a 3rd team or even a 4th team comes in and changes the deal so the Bulls can still somehow acquire Gasol and keep Dengt.
Are you out of your mind? Why would a 3rd team jump on to only help the Bulls? So you want Gasol for nothing? :facepalm

hitmanyr2k
Getting rid of Boozer is the best thing that could ever happen to the Bulls but letting Deng go with him would screw up that team mentally. You also have to think about the future and Deng is just coming into his prime years while Gasol isn't getting any younger. The Bulls have enough depth to cover Boozer's weaknesses but they don't have enough to fill the void Deng would leave. Just having Boozer gone makes that kind of trade tempting though :oldlol:

WeGetRing2012

Why would the Lakers do this. What the hell are we gonna do with Deng & sorry ass Boozer???????

And the Bulls would rape everyone.

Tenchi Ryu
Hmm... No.
That's not even a homer comment..that's fact.

They would LITERALLY have a top 5-10 player at EACH starting position. Even with the Heat's big 3, that's badass mofo team.

StateOfMind12
03-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Hmm... No.
Heat fans....like you morons understand anything. :oldlol:

Are you out of your mind? Why would a 3rd team jump on to only help the Bulls? So you want Gasol for nothing? :facepalm
Yeah, get scared baby dick.

I like it.... :cheers:

R.I.P.
03-01-2012, 01:01 AM
When rumours start with "sources tell Broussard" that is code for "nothing going on, let the corporate clown make some shyt up".

Scoooter
Wilson Chandler plays a lot of 4 because he can't dribble and create shots for himself, and he never really stood out as a passer. Other than catch-and-shoot threes, his perimeter skills are lacking. He can work as a three if he mostly has to spot up shoot and finish on the way to the rim. That would be a really interesting move for the Bulls.

Rose, Rip, Chandler, Gasol, Noah. I think that's more formidable than what they have now.

Pharcyde
Hmm... No.

If you replaced Boozer with Gasol they definitely would.

themurph
03-01-2012, 01:02 AM

That's too much for a player over 30 years old...

Remember, Deng is still young...I wouldn't do it...

Human Error
03-01-2012, 01:02 AM
That's not even a homer comment..that's fact.
How is it a fact? A homer in you may think so and I'm fine with it but it's not a fact. :facepalm

StateOfMind12
03-01-2012, 01:03 AM
When rumours start with "sources tell Broussard" that is code for "nothing going on, let the corporate clown make some shyt up".
Broussard was also the one that reported LeBron was going to Miami right? :confusedshrug:

Why does he have no credibility all of a sudden?

The only reason why adding Deng is not worth it for Gasol is because Gasol is not as great of a player as he use to be. If this were 2008, 2009, or 2010 Gasol then I would pull the trigger immediately, but then again if this were 2008, 2009, and 2010 Gasol playing for the Lakers, the Lakers would be a top 2-3 team in the league.

There is a reason why the Lakers are trying to trade Gasol in the first place

Mr. Jabbar
It would take Deng, Boozer, and that Charlotte pick. Not necessarily because Gasol is that good, but Boozer is that bad....

sums it up.:applause:

WeGetRing2012
That's too much for a player over 30 years old...

Remember, Deng is still young...I wouldn't do it...

But why would the Lakers. This rumor is just shit.

Undisputed
No way I'd part ways with Luol at this point. Besides, if the Bulls lose Deng, who the hell guards LeBron on this team? Who will fill that defensive void in general?

This has no legs, no way Thibs and Bulls management let go of such an important piece of this Bulls system. Chicago is not some bum team that needs to pull the trigger right now. This project is young and highly successful so far. I want no major trades at this point. I want to see this season play out without disruption to the locker room.

themurph
03-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Why would the Lakers do this. What the hell are we gonna do with Deng & sorry ass Boozer???????

And the Bulls would rape everyone.

For starters you would get a perimeter guy that can shoot the 3 and play sick defense (Deng)...

WeGetRing2012
03-01-2012, 01:05 AM
No way I'd part ways with Luol at this point. Besides, if the Bulls lose Deng, who the hell guards LeBron on this team? Who will fill that defensive void in general?

This has no legs, no way Thibs and Bulls management let go of such an important piece of this Bulls system. Chicago is not some bum team that needs to pull the trigger right now. This project is young and highly successful so far. I want no major trades at this point. I want to see this season play out without big time disruption to the locker room.

Yeah & the Lakers wouldn't even need Deng our defensive guy is Metta. So two team are supposedly trading their main pieces for pieces they don't even need. Broussard needs to quit :facepalm

bmulls
03-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Why is Chicago trying to make a trade at this point? Are they that scared of the Heat that they think they don't even have a chance?

WeGetRing2012
03-01-2012, 01:07 AM
For starters you would get a perimeter guy that can shoot the 3 and play sick defense (Deng)...

Deng would have no use on this team we have Metta/Barnes filling our SF position. We need bench scoring & a PG.

hitmanyr2k
03-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Deng would have no use on this team we have Metta/Barnes filling our SF position. We need bench scoring & a PG.

Is this sarcasm or are you being serious? :oldlol:

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:12 AM
How is it a fact? A homer in you may think so and I'm fine with it but it's not a fact. :facepalm
OMFG...take off your heat glasses for one second....

Heat: 3 top 5-10 players at their position

Bulls: 5 top 5-10 players at their position

Its THAT simple.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:14 AM
You cannot be serious...

WeGetRing2012
03-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Is this sarcasm or are you being serious? :oldlol:

Serious trade away a main piece of our team for a defensive role player when we already have defensive role players. Makes no sense....

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Serious trade away a main piece of our team for a defensive role player when we already have defensive role players. Makes no sense....
You are talking about probably one of the top 3 defensive wingman in the league who is a All-Star this year. Metta over him? Seriously?

SERIOUSLY??!

AMISTILLILL

I guess you don't watch basketball.

WeGetRing2012
You cannot be serious...

Lakers don't need scoring from the SF position with Kobe/Bynum/Gasol. We need defensive role players (ex Metta, Barnes, Ariza) If we had a PG who can distribute & hit open shots + more scoring on the bench we would be set.

WeGetRing2012
03-01-2012, 01:21 AM
You are talking about probably one of the top 3 defensive wingman in the league who is a All-Star this year. Metta over him? Seriously?

SERIOUSLY??!

Its not about Metta its about Gasol. We would loose Gasol to add Deng & Boozer. Obviously Deng is better than Metta but he is not more valuable than Gasol.

Why would we trade away one of the main reasons we won rings for a defensive role player when we already have a defensive role player?????????????

A lineup of

Fisher
Kobe
Deng
Boozer
Bynum

is not better than

Fisher
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

No size, no big men passing, no rebounding, more pressure on Bynum because of Boozer lack of offensive moves. Gasol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deng & Boozer.

Tenchi Ryu
Like I said, Lakers should get what you NEED instead of being greedy.

Gasol for

Watson (best backup PG in the league who could start on a playoff team) AKA what your team NEEDS

Boozer (We need to get rid of him and you can amnesty him next year)
Butler (Basically a future Deng)
Picks

Reverend Hoops

SERIOUSLY??!

ISH told y'all it is used as an argument.

Paul Gasol And Metta/Barnes > Boozer and Deng

Nice try though.

Reverend Hoops
03-01-2012, 01:23 AM

Gasol for

Watson (best backup PG in the league who could start on a playoff team) AKA what your team NEEDS

Picks

:roll:

Lakers get a lot worse.

Gasol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Boozer; and he is the main piece.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:24 AM

Nice try though.

Not really

More like
Paul Gasol And Metta/Barnes = Boozer and Deng

Deng and Gasol are the main values...

Boozer, Metta and Barnes suckage cancel each other out. At least Boozer is a good rebounder.

WeGetRing2012
03-01-2012, 01:25 AM

Gasol for

Picks

Can't amnesty a player you trade for.
Lakers don't take chances on rookies.
And Watson isn't worth Gasol.

Just Stop :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:25 AM

Lakers get a lot worse.

Gasol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Boozer; and he is the main piece.
Lakers don't have an option...Gasol is at an emotional point where he doesn't even play to the fullest cause of his fear of getting traded. Lakers need to just ship him off to do less damage than what they're heading towards.

Kobe basically said this.

Heavincent
03-01-2012, 01:26 AM
The Lakers should definitely trade Luke Walton for Rose straight up. Seems fair to me!

WeGetRing2012
03-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Lakers don't have an option...Gasol is at an emotional point where he doesn't even play to the fullest cause of his fear of getting traded. Lakers need to just ship him off to do less damage than what they're heading towards.

:lol :lol :lol :lol .

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Can't amnesty a player you trade for.
Lakers don't take chances on rookies.
And Watson isn't worth Gasol.

Just Stop :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
You're not gonna get fair worth though..that's the point. You're just trying to at least get something compared to an unmotivated Gasol.

knickswin
03-01-2012, 01:28 AM
I don't even think Deng is that good. fifth best player on the bulls in my opinion.

Reverend Hoops
03-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Not really

More like
Paul Gasol And Metta/Barnes = Boozer and Deng

Deng and Gasol are the main values...

Boozer, Metta and Barnes suckage cancel each other out. At least Boozer is a good rebounder.

So if the trade is Gasol for Deng.....

horrible trade for LA. They get smaller and worse.

Trading an elite big for a roleplayer is a bad trade any way you look at it.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:29 AM
I don't even think Deng is that good. fifth best player on the bulls in my opinion.
He's the second easily. Consistent, best defender, and can move the ball well.

Reverend Hoops
03-01-2012, 01:30 AM

They can get better value than Deng im sure. Almost got Chris Paul for him.

Undisputed
03-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Fifth best on the Bulls? Wtf? It's sad how clueless some people are. Wow. Luol Deng is the second most important player to the Bulls roster. And no, there's no argument, nor do I want to hear one unless you find time to watch the Bulls regularly...which I'm sure you don't because you're saying stupid shit like this.

LBJMVP
03-01-2012, 01:34 AM
stupid trade for bulls. you give them boozer and a first pick and maybe some bench guy. nothing more than that.

Pharcyde

Nice try though.

Ehhhhhh not really.

Clocian-IGN
Fifth best on the Bulls? Wtf? Seriously dude? It's sad how clueless some people are. Wow. Luol Deng is the second most important player to the Bulls roster. And no, there's no argument, nor do I want to hear one unless you find time to watch the Bulls regularly...which I'm sure you don't saying stupid shit like that.

deng....will stay underrated for life, even after making the asg(only made it because the coaches watch games and they were the ones who voted him in)

WeGetRing2012
03-01-2012, 01:37 AM
Deng would mean more to the Bulls than he would to the Lakers.
Gasol would mean more to the Lakers than he would to the Bulls.

Kblaze8855
03-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Deng and Boozer combined are gonna do more for a team than Gasol alone. And I like Gasol. Iwanted Gasol over Kobe in 07 because he would have cost less quality players to get. But with Lou in his prime(hes like 26) and Boozer and gasol close to the same age(Gasol is older actually)....not seeing the big upgrade. Boozer is a shitty defender but he is a 16/8 guy who shoots 54% and Deng is a borderline all star type who finally did make it. Im not trading both for anyone in their 30s who isnt a major major star.

Gasol and Noahs passing on one team with Rose slashng would be great to watch. But if we didnt win it all in 1-2 years gasol starts to fall off and we would miss Deng who will still be in his prime.

Reverend Hoops
03-01-2012, 01:40 AM

Disagree with the bold. Gasol would make the Bulls legit contenders. Imagine Bosh/Anthony on Gasol...:eek:

WeGetRing2012
03-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Disagree with the bold. Gasol would make the Bulls legit contenders. Imagine Bosh/Anthony on Gasol...:eek:

Well at the expense of each other. Who would guard Lebron/Melo/Pierce on the Bulls?

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Yep...Let Bosh think he's gonna muscle and bitch Gasol like he does Boozer. Got another thing coming.

talkingconch

THIS.

BOOZER ON THE LAKERS ISNT GONNA GIVE US SHIT

Deng would be beneficial but It's not worth giving up Gasol, because it wont be a significant upgrade or the same talent wise. :facepalm

knickswin
Fifth best on the Bulls? Wtf? It's sad how clueless some people are. Wow. Luol Deng is the second most important player to the Bulls roster. And no, there's no argument, nor do I want to hear one unless you find time to watch the Bulls regularly...which I'm sure you don't because you're saying stupid shit like this.

yeah. I would take rose, noah, boozer, and hamilton over deng. I think they're better than him. deng is not that great a shooter and not that good off the dribble. those are my problems with him. i'm not even hating on the bulls here. i say this because i'm big on noah and hamilton. rose is obviously a monster. boozer is in some ways meh, but he is money from the mid range and give them a little bit of an inside presence. noah brings great hustle, defense, and passing. hamilton is a better shooter and passer and create off the dribble.

and I know we all like to talk about how great deng's defense is, but it's not like he did anything toward stopping lebron last year. i understand that his team defense is great, but it's not like he really causes problems for the elite wing scorers.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Well at the expense of each other. Who would guard Lebron/Melo/Pierce on the Bulls?
Which is exactly why Deng stays...we'd have to work out another deal. But Deng must stay, and Boozer MUST go.

Reverend Hoops
03-01-2012, 01:43 AM

Who's gonna guard Bosh? Boozer?:oldlol:

Kingwillball
03-01-2012, 01:45 AM
Yep...Let Bosh think he's gonna muscle and bitch Gasol like he does Boozer. Got another thing coming.

HELLO SKULLNICK.. No Deng No chance slowing Lebron Down.. Wouldnt matter..

Reverend Hoops
03-01-2012, 01:46 AM

Deng sure did a great job slowing down LeBron in the playoffs last year.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:47 AM
Can you read FOOL??!

I said NO DENG or NO DEAL
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Deng sure did a great job slowing down LeBron in the playoffs last year.
He kept Lebron out the pain pretty well actually...

But for some reason...Basketball gods let him throw up any perimeter shot and it went in...even with hands all in his face.

WeGetRing2012
03-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Can you read FOOL??!

I said NO DENG or NO DEAL
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

lakers wouldn't want a deal

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:50 AM
As a Bulls fans, what I'm trying to accomplish is a starting lineup of
Rose
Rip
Deng
Gasol
Noah

If there is no way I can get this, then no deal.

33teeth
03-01-2012, 01:51 AM
I love threads like this where fans TOTALLY overrate their teams' players.

:hammerhead:

WeGetRing2012
03-01-2012, 01:52 AM
Rose
Rip
Deng
Gasol
Noah

Yeah & thats not gonna happen.

As a Laker fan Im going for

Rose
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Yeah & thats not gonna happen.

As a Laker fan Im going for

Rose
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Bynum
And that's delusional as shit....You need to realize this is not 09 Gasol any more.

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 01:54 AM
The only way I'd do that is if we know both Rondo and howard can be achieved by some sort of combination of Boozer, Bynum, Watson, Butler, Chi picks and LA picks and TPE.

If the above can get rondo and howard then I'd do it

What are the chances of these

Is that enough for rondo and how?

chicity89
03-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Deng is the leader of the defense and again our second best/most important player next to D.Rose. This shit is a joke :lol :lol :lol

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Deng is the leader of the defense and again our second best/most important player next to D.Rose. This shit is a joke :lol :lol :lol

Just fyi, gasol would be your 2nd best and 2nd most important player as well.

chicity89
03-01-2012, 02:03 AM

He wouldn't be able to impact our team like Deng you don't understand because you don't watch every game (and I don't expect you to just sayin). Deng always guards the opposing team's best defender, and he is one of the few SFs who can slow down LeBron with any sort of effectiveness. Deng is the only player on the Bulls that truly knows the ins and outs of Thibs system and that is why he is the anchor of our defense, not Noah. Pau could never replace that, because that's not his game.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 02:03 AM
One of the biggest qualities of Deng is that he is one of the fewest players in the league who can stay on Lebron, and not get outrun or overpowered. If we lose Deng, then Lebron pretty much has open season.

Boozer will still give you rebounding and second chance points...only reason we don't need it is cause EVERYBODY on our starting 5 that's not rose is a great rebounder. So losing boozer won't make us lose rebounding.

Gasol for Watson, Boozer, Butler, (can throw in Korver) and Picks...don't see how that's not fair.

Watson (A excellent facilitator who can become a Rose like Scoring PG and reheat a cold offense and create his own shot)
Kobe
Metta (Can develop Butler who's game seems similar to Deng's)
Boozer
Bynum

And Korver off the bench to be a Ray Allen lite.

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 02:04 AM
One of the biggest qualities of Deng is that he is one of the fewest players in the league who can stay on Lebron, and not get outrun or overpowered. If we lose Deng, then Lebron pretty much has open season.

Boozer will still give you rebounding and second chance points...only reason we don't need it is cause EVERYBODY on our starting 5 that's not rose is a great rebounder. So losing boozer won't make us lose rebounding.

Gasol for Watson, Boozer, Butler, (can throw in Korver) and Picks...don't see how that's not fair.

Watson
Kobe
Boozer
Bynum

You can have world peace to guard lebron

brahmabull117
03-01-2012, 02:12 AM
You can have world peace to guard lebron

world peace is worthless offensively, bulls need offense and 3pt shooting at SF position

brahmabull117
03-01-2012, 02:13 AM

Watson (A excellent facilitator who can become a Rose like Scoring PG and reheat a cold offense and create his own shot)
Kobe
Boozer
Bynum

absolutely agreed

CJ Watson is a huge improvement over Derek Fisher. Hell Watson is averaging 10-4 in just 22 minutes a game. He could easily give you 15-7 with 30-35 minutes a game

Lakers are a better team with Watson - Kobe - Metta - Boozer - Bynum than the way they are right now

flipogb
03-01-2012, 02:14 AM
world peace is worthless offensively, bulls need offense and 3pt shooting at SG position
take Kapono too then, if I were the Lakers id even throw in Goudelock

unbreakable
03-01-2012, 02:15 AM
am i the only one that could imagine pau gasol dominating in the east?

brahmabull117
03-01-2012, 02:16 AM
take Kapono too then, if I were the Lakers id even throw in Goudelock

I'm not familiar with kapono but there's just no way the bulls can trade deng. He's the best defensive SF outside of Lebron in the league and a very solid offensive player as well

Still, If I were the lakers, I would accept Boozer/Watson for Pau. Watson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fisher

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 02:17 AM
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3803/21291930.jpg

FindingTim
03-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Remember when Gasol got traded to the Lakers and it rejuvenated their franchise and the Lakers won a title the next year? Bottom line: acquiring Gasol can transform a franchise.

Gasol to Chicago makes the Bulls quite scary. Chicago without Gasol is very good, but not nearly as scary.
As a team, don't you want to be as scary as possible? Why be R.L. Stine Goosebumps when you could be The Ring?
(ingenious play on words intended)

brahmabull117
03-01-2012, 02:18 AM
IMG]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3803/21291930.jpg[/IMG]

Boozer and Pau have nearly the same P.E.R. - plus lakers also get 3 players in the deal (which I disagree with BTW, I wouldn't put Korver in there - Watson and Boozer is more than fair)

so how in the world would this be a 2 win downgrade for LA?

knickswin
03-01-2012, 02:19 AM
I don't know if I've ever caught a OKC-Bulls game, so I don't know how Durant does against him, but I've seen Lebron and Melo toy with Luol Deng.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 02:20 AM
I don't know if I've ever caught a OKC-Bulls game, so I don't know how Durant does against him, but I've seen Lebron and Melo toy with Luol Deng.
Deng has toyed with both of them two....seriously

Look up Deng vs Lebron when he was on the Cavs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqHx-Ta16AU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1TcGUk228o&feature=related

hkfosho
03-01-2012, 02:20 AM
Deng > Gasol.

next

knickswin
03-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Deng has toyed with both of them two....seriously

Look up Deng vs Lebron when he was on the Cavs.

are we talking pre-injury deng? because that was a slightly different animal with a very good first step. current deng isn't that great a scorer. he doesn't post up much (if at all) and he's not that great off the dribble. he doesn't really create shots for himself all that much. he certainly didn't toy with lebron during last year's ECF. pretty much the opposite happened . . .

unbreakable
03-01-2012, 02:24 AM
He wouldn't be able to impact our team like Deng you don't understand because you don't watch every game (and I don't expect you to just sayin). Deng always guards the opposing team's best defender, and he is one of the few SFs who can slow down LeBron with any sort of effectiveness. Deng is the only player on the Bulls that truly knows the ins and outs of Thibs system and that is why he is the anchor of our defense, not Noah. Pau could never replace that, because that's not his game.

gibson does very well against lebron too.. tho only in a halfcourt offense.. if lebron is on the break its game over.

if bulls can somehow keep deng we are in for a helluva ECF.:banana:

Nash-tastic
03-01-2012, 02:27 AM
Remember when Gasol got traded to the Lakers and it rejuvenated their franchise and the Lakers won a title that same year? Bottom line: acquiring Gasol can transform a franchise.

Gasol to Chicago makes the Bulls quite scary. Chicago without Gasol is very good, but not nearly as scary.
As a team, don't you want to be as scary as possible? Why be R.L. Stine Goosebumps when you could be The Ring?
They reached the finals the same year but won the title next year.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 02:28 AM
are we talking pre-injury deng? because that was a slightly different animal with a very good first step. current deng isn't that great a scorer. he doesn't post up much (if at all) and he's not that great off the dribble. he doesn't really create shots for himself all that much. he certainly didn't toy with lebron during last year's ECF. pretty much the opposite happened . . .
Yea, but he's still just as defensively sound and is the only other Bull who can be offensively consistent other than Rose ans Rip. He doesn't post up as much, but he's become a better 3 point shooter.

As far as the ECF, Lebron's success came from his jumpshooting from the perimeter. The boy was on fire. He'd literally take shots with 2 guys in his face and they'd still go in. He'd tried this same tactic against the Mavs, and it basically came back to reality, and just weren't dropping.

bdreason
03-01-2012, 02:30 AM
Bulls won't win a Championship unless Boozer outplays Bosh. Are the Bulls willing to take that chance?

Sounds like they are shopping around to me.

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 02:31 AM
world peace is worthless offensively, bulls need offense and 3pt shooting at SF position

ya well you get stronger at the PF position by a decent margin.

You can't lose nothing and get better in every way after a trade lol. Give and take.

jjayfive
03-01-2012, 02:33 AM
this is a bad deal for the lakers. i prefer the lakers to upgrade on point guard and small forward... while keeping pau.. don't necessarily need more all stars

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Bulls won't win a Championship unless Boozer outplays Bosh. Are the Bulls willing to take that chance?

Sounds like they are shopping around to me.
Bosh has always, and WILL always be the X factor, I've said that forever. Heat trolls want to keep talking about Lebron, but Bosh was the best playoff performer during the ENTIRE post-season. He was always consistent, played hard, and out played Boozer.

Everytime the Heat win, 9 times out of 10, Bosh has a good game.

FindingTim
03-01-2012, 02:40 AM
They reached the finals the same year but won the title next year.

fixed. thanks for the heads up.
I've been following the NBA closely, I swear! :lol

BlackVVaves
03-01-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm not familiar with kapono but there's just no way the bulls can trade deng. He's the best defensive SF outside of Lebron in the league and a very solid offensive player as well

Still, If I were the lakers, I would accept Boozer/Watson for Pau. Watson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fisher

Notice how all the Bulls fans are saying Lakers should just take Boozer, Watson, and Butler in exchange for Pau in stride.

:oldlol:

Trade an All Star who only missed it this year because of his lack of motivated play due to the trade rumors. An in exchange get a back up, a back up's back up, and Boozer, who plays like shit in the clutch (2011 playoffs ring a bell?), is a far worst passer than Gasol, far worse rebounder than Gasol, far worse scorer than Gasol, far worse defender than Gasol...

Yea. You get the picture. But the Lakers should spoon feed the Bulls a championship and proudly bow out of playoff contention.

Hey, why not ask for Kobe too? **** it. Throw in Bynum while you're at it :oldlol:

poido123
03-01-2012, 02:41 AM
the way i see it, trade will never happen, Bulls wont give up any core players outside of Boozer, and Lakers wont trade gasol unless they get deng in a deal.

probably for the best, if we did only trade boozer, we would lose alot of frontcourt depth as we will probably have to give up watson and Korver to make it happen.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 02:42 AM
Equal trades never happen, its always one big piece for several smaller pieces...And you DO realize why they want to trade Gasol in the first place right? Its not cause they want to, but pretty much to save face and just Trade Gasol after all this media frenzy.

poido123
03-01-2012, 02:43 AM
Notice how all the Bulls fans are saying Lakers should just take Boozer, Watson, and Butler in exchange for Pau in stride.

:oldlol:

Trade an All Star who only missed it this year because of his lack of motivated play due to the trade rumors. An in exchange get a back up, a back up's back up, and Boozer, who plays like shit in the clutch (2011 playoffs ring a bell?), is a far worst passer than Gasol, far worse rebounder than Gasol, far worse scorer than Gasol, far worse defender than Gasol...

Yea. You get the picture. But the Lakers should spoon feed the Bulls a championship and proudly bow out of playoff contention.

Hey, why not ask for Kobe too? **** it. Throw in Bynum while you're at it :oldlol:

calm down, I think what they are saying is that we are not giving up deng in any deal. even if that means we dont trade at all. To say that boozer isnt useful is just hating, he puts up numbers, but i agree that lakers shouldnt trade with bulls if they only get back boozer in a gasol trade.

poido123
03-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Equal trades never happen, its always one big piece for several smaller pieces...And you DO realize why they want to trade Gasol in the first place right? Its not cause they want to, but pretty much to save face and just Trade Gasol after all this media frenzy.

Spot on. Lakers are more desparate than the bulls, we can stay the way we are and still have a shot at the title. Lakers not so much.

Gasol will be traded I think, to who is the question.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 02:45 AM
calm down, I think what they are saying is that we are not giving up deng in any deal. even if that means we dont trade at all. To say that boozer isnt useful is just hating, he puts up numbers, but i agree that lakers shouldnt trade with bulls if they only get back boozer in a gasol trade.
People are tripping if 4 freaking players isn't enough for Gasol....and just being downright greedy.

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 02:47 AM

So why do the bulls be the one that gets the upper hand? We have the better player. People OVERPAY for a 2x champion in his prime that can put teams over the top, not underpay or steal.

Simple as that. Any trade where you give up an all star and don't get guys that ARE NOT all stars and NEVER will be is hilarious and never going to happen.

It's either going to be a 3 team trade where you keep deng but we get a major star out of it or we get boozer and deng... Otherwise it just makes no sense for the lakers.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 02:49 AM
Simple as that. Any trade where you give up an all star and don't get guys that ARE NOT all stars and NEVER will be is hilarious and never going to happen.

Denver proved this theory wrong though...good pieces that can click can make the team BETTER. And most of them will never be Allstars.

True you have the better player, but like Poido said, you are the ones in the hot seat right now, thus more desperate.
But I agree, a 4 way trade would make it better, the question is who though.

Doranku
03-01-2012, 02:50 AM
Spot on. Lakers are more desparate than the bulls, we can stay the way we are and still have a shot at the title. Lakers not so much.

Gasol will be traded I think, to who is the question.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/05/rose-lebron-faces.jpg

BlackVVaves
03-01-2012, 02:51 AM
I mean, I hear you guys. If the Bulls got Gasol for Boozer, they'd easily be the favorite, for at least 2-3 years.

But, to suggest that the Lakers should be happy with getting Watson, Boozer, and Butler for Gasol? That doesn't even make sense. A disgruntled Pau is still worth more than all three of those players.

The Bulls shouldn't offer more than that for Gasol, and the Lakers shouldn't even consider getting that for Gasol. Trade is void.

For basketball reasons.

BlackVVaves
03-01-2012, 02:57 AM
Denver proved this theory wrong though...good pieces that can click can make the team BETTER. And most of them will never be Allstars.

True you have the better player, but like Poido said, you are the ones in the hot seat right now, thus more desperate.

Denver got Wilson Chandler, Gallo, Felton, a future starting center, and picks.

You guys are talking about Boozer, Butler, and Watson.

We understand the theory. But it only works when the players are, you know, really good? The Knicks gave up three starters for Melo. You think the Lakers should take two bench players and a starter that plays like a bench player half the time.

That's where the disconnect lies.

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Denver got Wilson Chandler, Gallo, Felton, a future starting center, and picks.

You guys are talking about Boozer, Butler, and Watson.

We understand the theory. But it only works when the players are, you know, really good? The Knicks gave up three starters for Melo. You think the Lakers should take two bench players and a starter that plays like a bench player half the time.

That's where the disconnect lies.

QFT

this would be a goddamn highway robbery without deng and I don't even value Pau as much as some people do

goddamn

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 03:01 AM

I disagree, it is your team that is in the hotseat. You have little chance of getting out of this east and now your own management is willing to admit it. We're playing in the west and still have our eyes on Howard. The bulls are desperate lest they lose another year

poido123
03-01-2012, 03:04 AM
People are tripping if 4 freaking players isn't enough for Gasol....and just being downright greedy.

In our eyes, yes. :lol :roll:

from a Lakers POV, you would think you could get more for gasol. If I was a fan of theirs or their management, no way am i trading for watson/pieces/boozer for gasol. Boozer just doesnt have that much value atm. Makes no sense for them, plus Boozer would be just as mentally affected being traded away from a title contender, he would start milking injuries all over again.

I hate to say this, but getting gasol is a pipedream bulls fans. We arent giving up Deng, so deal wont happen.

All Net
03-01-2012, 03:04 AM
It would take deng

No way we move pau for just boozer.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 03:06 AM
It would take deng

No way we move pau for just boozer.
Boozer isn't enough though..and I know that...

I was talking about 4 players plus picks.

poido123
03-01-2012, 03:07 AM
I disagree, it is your team that is in the hotseat. You have little chance of getting out of this east and now your own management is willing to admit it. We're playing in the west and still have our eyes on Howard. The bulls are desperate lest they lose another year

haha I think your being a little bit disillusional. Its quite clear the Lakers are in disarray, while the bulls are full steam ahead. While I dont predict as much that we definately will beat the heat, but Im certainly confident that we have a great chance to do it with our current team. We are looking to add gasol as he would be a perfect fit and improves the team, not because we are desparate. Big difference.

Lakers have to make moves to become a contender, right now they are not.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 03:08 AM
I wouldn't say hotseat. As we are now, we do have a shot to beat Miami. Its just with a good trade or signing, we could make that task a LOTTTTTT easier than it is right now. But for every game it was close, so it can be done.

BlackVVaves
03-01-2012, 03:08 AM
In our eyes, yes. :lol :roll:

from a Lakers POV, you would think you could get more for gasol. If I was a fan of theirs or their management, no way am i trading for watson/pieces/boozer for gasol. Boozer just doesnt have that much value atm. Makes no sense for them, plus Boozer would be just as mentally affected being traded away from a title contender, he would start milking injuries all over again.

I hate to say this, but getting gasol is a pipedream bulls fans. We arent giving up Deng, so deal wont happen.

I couldn't agree more. Likewise, Lakers fans that have been drooling to see Kobe and Deng together are going to have to continue turning to 2K for their fix.

LeFraud James
03-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Rose
Rip
Deng
Gasol
Noah

Good luck with that. :oldlol:

Haymaker
03-01-2012, 03:11 AM
Bulls should move Boozer fast, for anything with a pulse, or not. Pulse optional.

poido123
03-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Boozer isn't enough though..and I know that...

I was talking about 4 players plus picks.

Unless Lakers are getting the upperhand in the deal, there is no sense in bringing in boozer. Lakers fans would start a riot :oldlol: :roll:

LeFraud James
03-01-2012, 03:14 AM
haha I think your being a little bit disillusional. Its quite clear the Lakers are in disarray, while the bulls are full steam ahead. While I dont predict as much that we definately will beat the heat, but Im certainly confident that we have a great chance to do it with our current team. We are looking to add gasol as he would be a perfect fit and improves the team, not because we are desparate. Big difference.

Lakers have to make moves to become a contender, right now they are not.Y

And you expect them to become a contender by trading one of their all-stars for Boozer + garbage?

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 03:17 AM
Y

And you expect them to become a contender by trading one of their all-stars for Boozer + garbage?
Boozer was just the commodity...

The real treasure would be a very good PG who shits on fisher and runs an excellent PNR

A Rookie who is basically a future Deng who impressively shut down Melo.

One of the best 3 point shooters in the league after Allen

and some good picks for the future.

Oh yea, and Boozer's rebounding, the main thing he's good for. So you wouldn't lose Gasol's rebounds. And he looks like a LA brotha anyway:lol :lol

poido123
03-01-2012, 03:21 AM
Bulls should move Boozer fast, for anything with a pulse, or not. Pulse optional.

:lol Its funny, the bulls are trying to keep a lid on it, but they want to move boozer BAD. :roll:

Hell, the whole fanbase pretty much does. Not that he isnt productive, he is, but he puts up empty stats and doesnt really fit the team's ethos/needs. Too often does he dominate against the lower teams, and goes missing in the crucial games.

I know I might cop some flack for sounding unloyal here, but I really do hate boozer. God I wish we could have someone other than him that could fit our team, unfortunately he was all we could get at the time, and overpayed him for it :facepalm

poido123
03-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Y

Think you need to read my previous posts and from others in this thread.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 03:24 AM
:lol Its funny, the bulls are trying to keep a lid on it, but they want to move boozer BAD. :roll:

Hell, the whole fanbase pretty much does. Not that he isnt productive, he is, but he puts up empty stats and doesnt really fit the team's ethos/needs. Too often does he dominate against the lower teams, and goes missing in the crucial games.

I know I might cop some flack for sounding unloyal here, but I really do hate boozer. God I wish we could have someone other than him that could fit our team, unfortunately he was all we could get at the time, and overpayed him for it :facepalm
The damn local sport newtworks hate him. Kendall Gill is always pissed at Boozer. The main problem is that Boozer doesn't fit our style of game, which is heavily focused on Defense and Hustle. When you're the lakers and probably about to get Howard next year, that's not an issue for you, but for the Bulls it is...and he's a lazy mofo.

Howard or even Bynum could clean up his mistakes, but in chicago he shines like a fukkin bright light.

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 03:27 AM

Lakers have to make moves to become a contender, right now they are not.

The point is that you have the favorite team to win it all on your side of the coast and they ain't going away. The lakers are one or two moves away from being the favorites in the west again, will the bulls ever be the favorites in the east for the next 6 years with Deng and Boozer? Pau is a better 2nd option than deng and I believe this is a fact.

Boozer and Deng is a legit trade....Although it doesn't save the lakers. thats why we're not desperate. Gasol might actually put u over the heat, but we're not beating OKC with deng and boozer. We might be desperate for a good PG, but not earl watson. You might lose to the heat for the next 6 straight years if u dont shake it up, you do not want that. But as I said before, Boozer and all those picks and bench scrubs are a good trade as well IF theres a 3rd team involved.

BlackVVaves
03-01-2012, 03:28 AM
I think even worse than his ineffectiveness is he has to have one of the worst contracts in the league. Imagine what the Bulls could go out and get with the money they're paying Boozer :eek:

poido123
03-01-2012, 03:29 AM
The damn local sport newtworks hate him. Kendall Gill is always pissed at Boozer. The main problem is that Boozer doesn't fit our style of game, which is heavily focused on Defense and Hustle. When you're the lakers and probably about to get Howard next year, that's not an issue for you, but for the Bulls it is...and he's a lazy mofo.

Howard or even Bynum could clean up his mistakes, but in chicago he shines like a fukkin bright light.

:lol So bag of beans for Boozer? SOLD

Its very hard to form/mantain an identity as a defensive unit, when one of your big guys is a defensive turnstile. Ill rephrase, I dont so much hate boozer, its more that we cant get the full potential from this team, if we have a leaking hole in our lineup. Boozer would suit a team that doesnt care for defense and doest care about winning.

poido123
03-01-2012, 03:33 AM
The point is that you have the favorite team to win it all on your side of the coast and they ain't going away. The lakers are one or two moves away from being the favorites in the west again, will the bulls ever be the favorites in the east for the next 6 years with Deng and Boozer? Pau is a better 2nd option than deng and I believe this is a fact.

Boozer and Deng is a legit trade....Although it doesn't save the lakers. thats why we're not desperate. Gasol might actually put u over the heat, but we're not beating OKC with deng and boozer. We might be desperate for a good PG, but not earl watson. You might lose to the heat for the next 6 straight years if u dont shake it up, you do not want that. But as I said before, Boozer and all those picks and bench scrubs are a good trade as well IF theres a 3rd team involved.

Yeah spot on, ONLY if there's another teamed involved will both parties benefit if Deng is not in the equation.

LOL Bulls arent trading DENG. If they do, I will fly from australia and hunt down the bulls management and deliver an uppercut.

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 03:34 AM

Yeah spot on, ONLY if there's another teamed involved will both parties benefit if Deng is not in the equation.

LOL Bulls arent trading DENG. If they do, I will fly from australia and hunt down the bulls management and deliver an uppercut.

I thought Lamar was one of those glue guys who could never be traded either.... But yea... I wonder what that 3rd team could be

chazzy
03-01-2012, 03:35 AM
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3803/21291930.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qdgYU.gif

poido123
03-01-2012, 03:37 AM

I dont think there's any need for a panic button just yet, we have tried once and didnt suceed. If we fail again, then most definately we need to make a change or addition. We have to keep in mind that everyone outside of Boozer is improving, so I am not totally sold that we wont beat the heat this year. We DO have a good enough team to beat the heat NOW

poido123
03-01-2012, 03:40 AM

Geez, will we have any backcourt left? :roll: :lol :oldlol:

BlackVVaves
03-01-2012, 03:42 AM
:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol: :roll: :oldlol: :roll:

All Net
03-01-2012, 06:33 AM
I think it's clear bulls management aren't totally convinced one superstar and very good players is enough to beat Miami and win it all. The track record isn't great for those type of built teams.

Getting pau gives them a legit 2nd star and bulls at least have brewer to replace deng.

Rose
Hamilton
Brewer
Gasol
Noah

Is scary. I think if you can get pau do what you can to get him. One thing is for sure pau wouldn't be sitting out in the 4th like boozer does.

Story Up
03-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Only way LA should do this if they can acquire Sessions.
Sessions, Bryant, Deng, Boozer & Bynum
Much more balanced starting 5.

Story Up
03-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Maybe LA throws a pick and Bulls use it for Beasley.
Rose, Hamilton, Beasley, Gasol & Noah
Better then they currently are, IMO.

arifgokcen
03-01-2012, 08:35 AM
I think it's clear bulls management aren't totally convinced one superstar and very good players is enough to beat Miami and win it all. The track record isn't great for those type of built teams.

Getting pau gives them a legit 2nd star and bulls at least have brewer to replace deng.

Rose
Hamilton
Brewer
Gasol
Noah

Is scary. I think if you can get pau do what you can to get him. One thing is for sure pau wouldn't be sitting out in the 4th like boozer does.

I think this is a scary good.Even better than the team they have but not necessarily the best equipped team to deal with heat or OKC.Brewer trying to defend lebron is not ideal situation either.Even though brewer is a very good defender,he is tall strong athletic(for wade)however for james no
dont do this trade.Deng is that good of a defender.

Rnbizzle
03-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Deng is near untouchable to me at this point. We're (near) on top of the league right now, with a bunch of young players. Rose, Deng, Noah are still getting better.. Why would we want to mess that up?

Pharcyde
03-01-2012, 09:06 AM
yeah. I would take rose, noah, boozer, and hamilton over deng. I think they're better than him. deng is not that great a shooter and not that good off the dribble. those are my problems with him. i'm not even hating on the bulls here. i say this because i'm big on noah and hamilton. rose is obviously a monster. boozer is in some ways meh, but he is money from the mid range and give them a little bit of an inside presence. noah brings great hustle, defense, and passing. hamilton is a better shooter and passer and create off the dribble.

and I know we all like to talk about how great deng's defense is, but it's not like he did anything toward stopping lebron last year. i understand that his team defense is great, but it's not like he really causes problems for the elite wing scorers.

Deng is better then all of those players. He shoots better from 3, fits with Rose better, rebounds and plays D better then Hamilton.... Hamilton is not a better shooter then Deng.
Honestly, I think you just make up a bunch of shit in your head and think it's true.

Pharcyde
03-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Maybe LA throws a pick and Bulls use it for Beasley.
Rose, Hamilton, Beasley, Gasol & Noah
Better then they currently are, IMO.

No, that would make them worse.

Pharcyde
03-01-2012, 09:11 AM

Boozer and Deng is NOT a legit trade. The Bulls and Heat are pretty damn equal and trading away the Bulls 2nd best player for Pau, who supposedly is playing so awful according to LA fans, does not put them in a better slot.

Sorry LA fans, just because your team blows does not mean that you can attempt to drain every other team.

burnsy87
03-01-2012, 09:46 AM
lol really?

He's the best defender on the best defensive team.

He is one of the best 2 way players in all of basketball.

Offensively, Gasol outproduces him, but who are we going to have on the perimeter guarding other team's elite players?

I'm not saying I don't do this trade, I just saying it isn't as easy as people make it sound.

ILLsmak
03-01-2012, 09:50 AM
I think that Boozer + Deng for Gasol is something to think about. It's too bad LA doesn't have any more good pieces to include.

-Smak

arifgokcen
03-01-2012, 09:57 AM
He's the best defender on the best defensive team.

He is one of the best 2 way players in all of basketball.

Offensively, Gasol outproduces him, but who are we going to have on the perimeter guarding other team's elite players?

I'm not saying I don't do this trade, I just saying it isn't as easy as people make it sound.

That's what i have been saying all along.He is one of the best defenders in the game.The way to title goes through knicks(melo),miami(lebron),thunder(durant).There is literally no one to defend them when deng is gone.

nathanjizzle
03-01-2012, 10:42 AM
lakers get rose and taj gibson, bulls get gasol and derrick fisher.

nathanjizzle
03-01-2012, 10:43 AM
actually the bulls dont even need an upgrade...we just need to get rid of boozer.

HurricaneKid
03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
This thread is 12 pages and people can't understand its NOT Deng AND Boozer. The Bulls want to trade Boozer for Pau. The Lakers laughed. The Lakers said Pau for Deng and the Bulls laughed. End of story.

Boozer is not an asset. He is making near max money for the next 4 years and has been sitting out 4th qtrs since he signed the deal.

amfirst
03-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I like Deng, but Boozer is a bum. Trade is not going to happen. Bulls need Deng, but they also need a upgrade in the PF to take them over the HEats. Im sure the Lakers don't care for Boozer.

lilgodfather1
03-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Ok Bulls fans what do you think about this?

Bulls trade: Asik, Butler, Deng
recieve: Gasol, Cavaliers second round pick, LAL pick

Lakers trade: Gasol, pick
recieve: Deng, Sessions

Cavs trade: Sessions, second rounder
Cavs recieve: Asik, Butler

Edit: Cavs buy out Jamison, he goes to LAL.

Lakers new lineup: Sessions/Kobe/Deng/Jamison/Bynum

AlphaWolf24
03-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Remember when Gasol got traded to the Lakers and it rejuvenated their franchise and the Lakers won a title the next year? Bottom line: acquiring Gasol can transform a franchise.

Remember when before Gasol the Lakers were the best team in the NBA and first place in the WEST....remember when Gasol was soft and the Lakers got blasted by the Celtics....remember when Gasol year after year failed to win 1 freakin playoff game....

remember when no one really thought a soft Euro could help L.A. until Kobe lit a fire in his ***!....remember after L.A. won a Title all the Kobe Haters said Gasol was the best Big man in the League.....

now all of a sudden he isn't worth Deng:roll: ...

Kobe haters = a silly lot

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Boozer is literally untradeable.

KBryant24
03-01-2012, 01:45 PM
My take.
Gasol for boozer is a joke coming from an LA standpoint.
Gasol for deng is a joke from a CHI stand point.
But gasol for boozer and deng would only benefit Chicago by the fact that they would be sheding boozers terrible contract.
I don't think it's going to happen at all.
No way a championship quality chi team breaks up its core.

Kingwillball
03-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I think that Boozer + Deng for Gasol is something to think about. It's too bad LA doesn't have any more good pieces to include.

-Smak

World Peace + Gasol for Deng and Boozer ? Seems a little more fair to me.

LeFraud James
03-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Ok Bulls fans what do you think about this?

Bulls trade: Asik, Butler, Deng
recieve: Gasol, Cavaliers second round pick, LAL pick

Lakers trade: Gasol, pick
recieve: Deng, Sessions

Cavs trade: Sessions, second rounder
Cavs recieve: Asik, Butler

Edit: Cavs buy out Jamison, he goes to LAL.

Lakers new lineup: Sessions/Kobe/Deng/Jamison/Bynum

Who do you expect the Lakers to start at PF? Murphy? :roll:

http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2009/05/philsized-gtfo.gif

Droid101
03-01-2012, 02:07 PM

-Smak
You gotta be kidding me. If we're taking Boozer's shit contract off your hands, you're taking Walton or Metta's off ours.

Metta Chicago Homecoming Party.

Haymaker
03-01-2012, 02:08 PM
World Peace + Gasol for Deng and Boozer ? Seems a little more fair to me.

Good deal. Lakers get rid of Artest and Bulls get rid of Boozer. Everybody wins.

nightprowler10
03-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Giving up Deng leaves a huge hole at the 3 for us though, not to mention our defense. Any body that doesn't think Deng anchors our D doesn't watch Bulls games.

LeFraud James
03-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Giving up Deng leaves a huge hole at the 3 for us though, not to mention our defense. Any body that doesn't think Deng anchors our D doesn't watch Bulls games.

Would Bulls fans be satisfied with getting Barnes in return?

Something along the lines of:

Pau
Barnes
fillers

for

Boozer
Deng

1rkrage
03-01-2012, 02:22 PM
ok so no trades for Gasol currently work, how about a better deal...

Black Mamba for White Mamba?

Droid101
03-01-2012, 02:25 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=75s2bxd

Rnbizzle
03-01-2012, 02:41 PM
ok so no trades for Gasol currently work, how about a better deal...

Black Mamba for White Mamba?
Not 6.. not 7.. not 8.:applause: :cheers:

lilgodfather1
03-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Who do you expect the Lakers to start at PF? Murphy? :roll:

http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2009/05/philsized-gtfo.gif
Jamison.