PDA

View Full Version : Boston Celtics are aggressively trying to shop Rajon Rondo

StateOfMind12
03-01-2012, 04:31 AM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7631850/sources-boston-celtics-aggressively-trying-trade-guard-rajon-rondo

The Boston Celtics are aggressively trying to trade Rajon Rondo, their fourth-leading scorer and one of the NBA's best point guards, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

The Celtics find Rondo's personality to be too high-maintenance and his clashes with coach Doc Rivers remain an off-court distraction, sources told Broussard, and the front office is now actively pitching him to other teams. With the Celtics realizing they are no longer title contenders, they don't believe his point guard prowess is worth the headaches Rondo brings, sources say. And they do not want to build around him.

In December, the Celtics had discussions with Golden State about a Stephen Curry-for-Rondo deal, and one source says it was Golden State that decided against pulling the trigger. But Curry's recent ankle injuries, which have caused him several problems in his short career, have given the Celtics pause.

The potential trade is still being discussed by Boston's braintrust, but they aren't sure they want to go forward with it. It also isn't clear whether the Warriors would be willing to do it. Other players would have to be thrown in to make it work financially.

Danny Ainge acknowledged earlier this season that Rondo's name came up in trade talks when the Celtics tried to acquire Chris Paul from the Hornets, but he said he wasn't shopping Rondo per se and that his name came up only because Ainge was trying to add a player of Paul's caliber.

"I was not trying to trade Rajon Rondo," Ainge told Boston sports radio WEEI in January. "There's a big difference between trying to acquire a player and trying to trade a player."

If the Celtics are now actively shopping Rondo, it would seem to be a change of course.

Rondo, 26, was suspended for two games earlier in February for throwing a ball at an official and striking him in the chest during a loss in Detroit. He played in only 22 games during the first half of the season because of both the suspension and a sprained right wrist injury.

Rondo had his third triple-double of the season (15 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists) in the Celtics' 102-96 win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Wednesday, one night after he was held scoreless (with 11 assists) in a win at Cleveland.

Rondo is averaging a career-high 14.1 points per game to go along with 9.6 assists and 1.6 steals.

(e)
03-01-2012, 04:34 AM
Who are they trying to get?

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 04:36 AM
will give gasol and megan foxs services

KOBEtherealKing
03-01-2012, 04:53 AM
will give gasol and megan foxs services
Wtf give head? Lmao,,,, thought u said megan good

SleepyCorpse
03-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Broussard has been shitting out these rumors at 20 a day lately, guys a hack.

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 05:23 AM
Who are they trying to get?
A franchise player that isn't Rondo.

Punpun
03-01-2012, 05:30 AM
Ergo Pau Gasol.

Harison
03-01-2012, 05:37 AM
"Stephen Curry-for-Rondo deal"

give me a break :facepalm

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 05:39 AM

Elaborate...

Celtics need to trade Rondo, IMO.

JGXEN
03-01-2012, 05:40 AM
Rondo for Kyle Lowry+Dalembert

BlackWhiteGreen
03-01-2012, 05:49 AM
Rondo for Kyle Lowry+Dalembert

Sideways move, makes us slightly better this year and about the same next year.

sipitri
03-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Celtics will probably give the big three another chance (using Rondo to get some good championship pieces) and then rebuild from scratch.
Keeping Rondo would make them a mediocre team for the upcoming years..
(I'm not saying that this is the right thing to do)

You're not getting a young franchise player for Rondo at this point.

kNIOKAS
03-01-2012, 06:06 AM
I didn't like how they started to play with Rondo back after the wrist injury, I thought they were absolutely brilliant with Pierce running the show, only thing that Pierce won't last for long. With Rondo everybody else do not work for their shots as much, they stand and wait for the majority of a shotclock. Pierce being primary ball handler made everybody energetic and fightning for their own time on court. With Rondo, everybody just expects him to do part of their job.

On the other hand, I love Rondo for being a character, and I wish all the best for him. It would be sad if this really cannot work between him and Pierce. But I respect Rondo for not backing down, for having his own stance and everything. In this case I see throwing tantrums more of an asset, as opposed to losing-happy good guy attitude.

Shepseskaf
03-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Whether this is true, or not, I firmly believe that Ainge doesn't have a clue. He fell backwards into The Big Three by doing a backroom deal with his buddy McHale. Since then, strictly mediocre results and hints of incompetence.

The Celtics will look like crap three years from now if Ainge is still running the team.

Rowe
03-01-2012, 06:23 AM
Sideways move, makes us slightly better this year and about the same next year.
What about this?

Celtics: Devin Harris, Raja Bell, 2012 Warriors 1st Rd Pick, 2013 Jazz 1st Rd Pick
Jazz: Rajon Rondo

Rondo is essentially what the Jazz have been searching for to run that offense and get them to the Playoffs.

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 06:26 AM
I didn't like how they started to play with Rondo back after the wrist injury, I thought they were absolutely brilliant with Pierce running the show, only thing that Pierce won't last for long. With Rondo everybody else do not work for their shots as much, they stand and wait for the majority of a shotclock. Pierce being primary ball handler made everybody energetic and fightning for their own time on court. With Rondo, everybody just expects him to do part of their job.

On the other hand, I love Rondo for being a character, and I wish all the best for him. It would be sad if this really cannot work between him and Pierce. But I respect Rondo for not backing down, for having his own stance and everything. In this case I see throwing tantrums more of an asset, as opposed to losing-happy good guy attitude.

it sounds like you guys could really use Gasol at that C spot

Rowe
03-01-2012, 06:35 AM
Whether this is true, or not, I firmly believe that Ainge doesn't have a clue. He fell backwards into The Big Three by doing a backroom deal with his buddy McHale. Since then, strictly mediocre results and hints of incompetence.

The Celtics will look like crap three years from now if Ainge is still running the team.
Agreed 100%.

Unfortunately history will paint him as some "smart GM" who brought the Celtics to a NBA Championship and a Finals appearance.

What will be overlooked is that his management decisions were absolutely terrible. Had he not walked into the Big 3, he'd be working for NBA TV right now.

This is a man who admitted last month that he questioned Auerbach for not trading Larry Bird & Kevin McHale in 88' (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ian_thomsen/01/25/celtics.notes/index.html).

All Net
03-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Why are they trying to shop one of their few good young talents?

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 06:43 AM

This is pure speculation from a laker fan here but I think I know.

When you have a player that really is quite good, but that isn't the best guy on your team but has a GLARING, ever present weakness that you can easily , rightfully blame for your losses fans and management get pissed. I said I'm a laker fan because this is what we do with Gasol. We don't care that hes amazing, unselfish, etc etc, but when you lose and you see a guys weakness, night in and night out, it gets so annoying.. In gasols case, his freaking annoying softness... It affects you. You hone in one that area of weakness, that softness or that lack of a jumper and you stop caring about the good parts.

I really believe thats what people there have with Rondo. He just cannot shoot, it must be infuriating to watch for a multi year stretch of losing.... I don't believe theres any fan out there that thinks if rondo could shoot like a decent NBA player that they'd be sitting on multiple rings and still contending. Might be time for a change..

Rowe
03-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Ainge wants to prove how smart he is.

You've got a locker room environment in which the players/Doc consider it a "family" and hes in the media talking about making trades if he gets the right deal.

In the past 2 days you get reports about the Celtics actively shopping Pierce & Rondo. In all honesty, Ainge is an absolute moron.

wally_world
03-01-2012, 07:05 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7rvln3z

Nash / Bradley
Ray Allen / Pietrus
Pierce / Hill
KG / Bass
Lopez / Wilcox

Could possibly add Shannon Brown in the deal for someone in return, since he's not happy in Phoenix. Gives Nash and the vets one last run at a ring while giving the Suns some security for the future. Rondo/Gortat will be a nice core to start building around.

If you find Boston is shortchanging Phoenix, Bass/Wilcox can go in there for one of the Sun's bad contracts too (Childress/Warrick/Frye)

RazorBaLade
03-01-2012, 07:06 AM

Nash / Bradley
Ray Allen / Pietrus
Pierce / Hill
KG / Bass
Lopez / Wilcox

Could possibly add Shannon Brown in the deal for someone in return, since he's not happy in Phoenix. Gives Nash and the vets one last run at a ring while giving the Suns some security for the future. Rondo/Gortat will be a nice core to start building around.

If you find Boston is shortchanging Phoenix, Bass/Wilcox can go in there for one of the Sun's bad contracts too (Childress/Warrick/Frye)

goddamn thats a good deal for both teams. damn.

sipitri
03-01-2012, 07:07 AM

Nash / Bradley
Ray Allen / Pietrus
Pierce / Hill
KG / Bass
Lopez / Wilcox

I was thinking about something along those lines too.
This or even Jameer + Howard. (if it could work contracts wise)

Rowe
03-01-2012, 07:23 AM
This is pure speculation from a laker fan here but I think I know.

When you have a player that really is quite good, but that isn't the best guy on your team but has a GLARING, ever present weakness that you can easily , rightfully blame for your losses fans and management get pissed. I said I'm a laker fan because this is what we do with Gasol. We don't care that hes amazing, unselfish, etc etc, but when you lose and you see a guys weakness, night in and night out, it gets so annoying.. In gasols case, his freaking annoying softness... It affects you. You hone in one that area of weakness, that softness or that lack of a jumper and you stop caring about the good parts.

I really believe thats what people there have with Rondo. He just cannot shoot, it must be infuriating to watch for a multi year stretch of losing....I don't believe theres any fan out there that thinks if rondo could shoot like a decent NBA player that they'd be sitting on multiple rings and still contending. Might be time for a change..
Its not about the ability to "shoot", its the fact that Rondo is not capable of being a go-to scoring option when Pierce can't do it. Pierce is slow and nearly 35, Ray Allen isn't the same 25 PPG scorer he once was, and Kevin Garnett lost his edge several years ago.

Rondo's a throwback to old school NBA PG's with the way he sets the tempo, puts guys in position to score, makes plays and then hustles back on defense. He plays as if he didnt grow up on the 3PT line being in existence. He doesn't utilize the 3PT shot because he shoots an efficient number for his mid-range jumpers, which used to be the gold standard in the 80's. Hes far improved from the guy Kobe was giving 5 feet to in the NBA Finals from 18 feet out. He can make that shot with far more consistency at this point.

With the way he excels on the Pick & Roll, I really think Boston is underestimating the impact he can have elsewhere. You put him in Utah with 2 good starting big men in Millsap and Jefferson and he could put up better numbers than hes averaging now. In fact I think it hurts him from 1 standpoint of having to look for Pierce or Allen on the perimeter because they do command the ball. Give him an offense to run with full control and that team will be very successful.

Rowe
03-01-2012, 07:40 AM

Nash / Bradley
Ray Allen / Pietrus
Pierce / Hill
KG / Bass
Lopez / Wilcox

If you're making one last run for a ring, then you shouldn't move any of your core players. You keep an eye on the waiver wire for some mid-season additions due to buyouts and hope chemistry mixes in with persistence in the Playoffs. Every move being mentioned with Boston as far as trades are concerned has the word "Rebuild" in mind.

iamgine
03-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Agreed 100%.

Unfortunately history will paint him as some "smart GM" who brought the Celtics to a NBA Championship and a Finals appearance.

What will be overlooked is that his management decisions were absolutely terrible. Had he not walked into the Big 3, he'd be working for NBA TV right now.

This is a man who admitted last month that he questioned Auerbach for not trading Larry Bird & Kevin McHale in 88' (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ian_thomsen/01/25/celtics.notes/index.html).
Eh, what's wrong with that? IIRC Larry and Mchale was going downhill fast and the trade offer was pretty good at the time. Or is it one of those "we don't ever trade Larry and Mchale unless they asked because they've been so good to our franchise" thing?

Rowe
03-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Eh, what's wrong with that? IIRC Larry and Mchale was going downhill fast and the trade offer was pretty good at the time. Or is it one of those "we don't ever trade Larry and Mchale unless they asked because they've been so good to our franchise" thing?

Its the principle of it all.

Larry Bird recently acknowledged he would've retired in 88' had Len Bias not OD'd, and the fact he kept playing for the sheer purpose of keeping the Celtics dynasty from falling apart at the expense of his back. Kevin McHale played through a foot injury that he apparently is still dealing with today in order to help the Celtics stay in the hunt.

When speaking of loyalty and team players, it doesn't get any better than Larry Bird and Kevin McHale. Both deals Ainge mentioned Auerbach could've made in 1988 would've made no sense whatsoever for Boston. How the hell does Chuck Person replace Larry Bird? The closest comparison to that would be like the Lakers trading Kobe Bryant this summer for Demar DeRozan. More specifically, how do you put Chuck Person and Reggie Lewis on the same team when they were the same damn player.

You just dont ever make those trades and neither would've asked for them.

In 1988 nobody envisioned that Boston wouldn't get back to a NBA Finals, espescially since they had proven historically that they always knew how to get back on top.

JGXEN
03-01-2012, 08:24 AM
What about this?

Rondo is essentially what the Jazz have been searching for to run that offense and get them to the Playoffs.
Take raja bell and devin haris out and put Favors or Millsap in. Maybe put price in just to balance out the trade

JohnnySic
03-01-2012, 08:26 AM
When speaking of loyalty and team players, it doesn't get any better than Larry Bird and Kevin McHale. Both deals Ainge mentioned Auerbach could've made in 1988 would've made no sense whatsoever for Boston. How the hell does Chuck Person replace Larry Bird? The closest comparison to that would be like the Lakers trading Kobe Bryant this summer for Demar DeRozan. More specifically, how do you put Chuck Person and Reggie Lewis on the same team when they were the same damn player.
Haha, obviously you dont know what you're talking about.

Auerback should have made both the Bird and Mchale trades, but he got cold feet. "Celtics Pride" meant something in those days, and Bird and McHale wanted to retire as Celtics for the sake of their legacy. The C's could have had Person, Smits, Schrempf, and Perkins, to go along with Lewis, Shaw, Radja, Brown, Douglas, Fox, etc, and would have stayed competitive well into the 90's. How is that worse than what happened?

And Person and Lewis were not even close to the same player. Person was a chucker, almost a pre-Antoine Walker without the passing. Lewis was like a more athletic Joe Johnson with Battier's defense plus leadreship skills.

Harison
03-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Elaborate...

Celtics need to trade Rondo, IMO.
Because Rondo is clearly better than Curry.

I agree with Rondo trade, but move should make team better, not worse.

bagelred
03-01-2012, 09:01 AM
What about this?

The Celtics are not trading Rondo unless they get a legit star type player back.

el gringos
03-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Talking about trading Rondo on ish will be a waste of time- most of ish is convinced that rondo has this huge trade value and will net them a star. Maybe that's the problem with real trade talks too, if boston or boston fans expect to get a star by trading rondo then there is no trade. Before the season I was saying that the celtics should shoot for rondo + garnet for bargnani + calderon, obviously rondo doesn't have as much value as bargnani but maybe they could trick someone desperate for a pg

guy
03-01-2012, 11:08 AM

Nash / Bradley
Ray Allen / Pietrus
Pierce / Hill
KG / Bass
Lopez / Wilcox

I was going to post something like this, but I was going to say Nash/Hill/Gortat for Rondo/Jermaine/Bass. I don't think Boston is shortchanging Phoenix in this case. I think Rondo is getting very underrated here. He's a top 15-20 player IMO and young and in the middle of his prime. They shouldn't just get back two players approaching 40 and a mediocre young player if they're trading Rondo no matter how good those two players might still be. They should still get a nice young piece back. Rondo is by far the most valuable piece in this trade.

I think they should also consider trying to get Howard even if he doesn't say he'll sign an extension. They can try to convince him to stay in the meantime, which could happen iff they can go on a deep run in the playoffs and Howard likes it there. That could then possibly bring Deron over if they have the cap space.

guy
03-01-2012, 11:09 AM
obviously rondo doesn't have as much value as bargnani

What??????

Sarcastic
03-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Take raja bell and devin haris out and put Favors or Millsap in. Maybe put price in just to balance out the trade

:lol

^That's the reaction the Jazz make to this proposal.

Real Men Wear Green
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Talking about trading Rondo on ish will be a waste of time- most of ish is convinced that rondo has this huge trade value and will net them a star. Maybe that's the problem with real trade talks too, if boston or boston fans expect to get a star by trading rondo then there is no trade. Before the season I was saying that the celtics should shoot for rondo + garnet for bargnani + calderon, obviously rondo doesn't have as much value as bargnani but maybe they could trick someone desperate for a pg
Give me a pg that can't shoot over a center that can't defend. 3 ASGs to zero. Plus Garnett is a good player with a 20 mil expiring deal. The Celtics don't improve short or long term. Terrible trade.

JohnnySic
03-01-2012, 11:48 AM
People talk about KG like he's filler. He's quietly having a very solid year.

Let his deal expire, use that massive cap space elsewhere, and hopefully keep KG on as a role player at a much lower rate. I like that plan much better.

InspiredLebowski
03-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Who knows how true it is (it IS Broussard), but if he's really "aggressively" being shopped that's bad news for Boston fans. You never get value in a situation like that. It really makes no sense to me. Kid's 25, franchise friendly contract, obviously really good.

I know there're the "attitude problems" or whatever, but c'mon. It's not like he's punching fans.

Real Men Wear Green
03-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Who knows how true it is (it IS Broussard), but if he's really "aggressively" being shopped that's bad news for Boston fans. You never get value in a situation like that. It really makes no sense to me. Kid's 25, franchise friendly contract, obviously really good.

I know there're the "attitude problems" or whatever, but c'mon. It's not like he's punching fans.
Remembering all the Pierce trade rumors we used to see I'm not sweating these rumors about Rondo but Ainge has said that no one is off-limits so it wouldn't be a shock if it was true. I'm in wait and see mode.

Kevin_Garnett_5
03-01-2012, 12:01 PM
rondo + garnet for bargnani + calderon:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

InspiredLebowski
03-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Remembering all the Pierce trade rumors we used to see I'm not sweating these rumors about Rondo but Ainge has said that no one is off-limits so it wouldn't be a shock if it was true. I'm in wait and see mode.It's just weird. I mean we've been hearing about it for months now, so there's got to be at least a little fire behind the smoke. That and Larry Coon's been talking on twitter like he'd almost be surprised if Rondo's NOT traded, and I have a lot of respect for Coon.

It just doesn't make any sense of all the guys on the team Rondo'd be the one you look to move. He's not a "build around" guy but he's certainly a cornerstone that's got a good 10 or so years left. You can't trade Pierce being Mr. Celtic and all, but Garnett and especially Allen still have a lot of value.

Real Men Wear Green
03-01-2012, 12:11 PM
It's just weird. I mean we've been hearing about it for months now, so there's got to be at least a little fire behind the smoke. That and Larry Coon's been talking on twitter like he'd almost be surprised if Rondo's NOT traded, and I have a lot of respect for Coon.

It just doesn't make any sense of all the guys on the team Rondo'd be the one you look to move. He's not a "build around" guy but he's certainly a cornerstone that's got a good 10 or so years left. You can't trade Pierce being Mr. Celtic and all, but Garnett and especially Allen still have a lot of value.
It makes sense if Doc plans on staying long-term and really can't stand him. Which we don't see much sign of publicly, just rumors that may be completely true, my be exaggerated, and may just be fiction.

CeltsGarlic
03-01-2012, 12:12 PM
The only way we trade Rondo if we get Howard.

Whoah10115
03-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Danny Ainge just sucks.

But maybe Rondo will go and needs to go. The team seems lazy with him around.

Again, fact is that the Celtics wing players are all top 5 in their positions and Kevin Garnett is still top 10 (and playing center, which is ridiculous).

But the chemistry is not right. I still believe they will beat the Bulls in the playoffs, if they meet them. But their chemistry is not what it should be and Doc Rivers is offering 0 to this team. They're not a championship team without Rondo. The mix is just wrong.

Celtic_Pride
03-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I am just hoping that Ainge doesnt trade Rondo for Gasol. It not only sucks for Celtics but the Lakers will get a lot better.

They arent getting past Clippers or Thunder this year as they cant guard CP3 or Westbrook. But with Rondo-Kobe-Bynum, they can(or will) go all the way

Please Danny please!

LeFraud James
03-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I am just hoping that Ainge doesnt trade Rondo for Gasol. It not only sucks for Celtics but the Lakers will get a lot better.

They arent getting past Clippers or Thunder this year as they cant guard CP3 or Westbrook. But with Rondo-Kobe-Bynum, they can(or will) go all the way

Please Danny please!

Imagine that lineup if we still had a halfway decent Lamar Odom.

Rondo
Kobe
Barnes
Odom
Bynum

:eek:

PickernRoller
03-01-2012, 01:00 PM
The only way we trade Rondo if we get Howard.

Lol Rondo will stay a Celtic for life if that is the case :oldlol: :oldlol:

DevilsAssassin
03-01-2012, 01:03 PM

Curry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

JohnnySic
03-01-2012, 01:04 PM
I dont think so; its a bad trade for the Lakers too. Without Gasol, Bynum in their only good big. If that's not bad enough, if Bynum gets hurt again they'll sink like the Titanic.

Plus Rondo/Kobe isn't a good fit. They both need the ball in their hands.

stephanieg
03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Boston isn't gonna win it all with any trade and their only trajectory is downward. Blow it up.

Celtic_Pride
03-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Imagine that lineup if we still had a halfway decent Lamar Odom.

Rondo
Kobe
Barnes
Odom
Bynum

:eek:

That team will roll past Clippers, Thunder, Spurs or any other except Dallas Mavericks

Who will guard Dirk? Dont say Bynum because he ll get fouled out by half time.

Celtic_Pride
03-01-2012, 01:10 PM
I dont think so; its a bad trade for the Lakers too. Without Gasol, Bynum in their only good big. If that's not bad enough, if Bynum gets hurt again they'll sink like the Titanic.

Plus Rondo/Kobe isn't a good fit. They both need the ball in their hands.

That's hypothetical. Even if Bynum gets injured now, Lakers aren't getting past 1st round.

So assuming all are healthy, they are a much much better team right now and any Lakers fan will agree

hawkfan
03-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Celtics get

Jimmer Fredette
Marcus Thornton
Conditional 1st round pick (Lottery protected - Cs get it if JF turns out to be a bum)

Kings get

Rajan Rondo

JohnnySic
03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Conditional 1st round pick (Lottery protected - Cs get it if JF turns out to be a bum)
I'm afraid that's already been settled; we dont want that bust.

Whoah10115
03-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Rondo's a throwback to old school NBA PG's with the way he sets the tempo, puts guys in position to score, makes plays and then hustles back on defense. He plays as if he didnt grow up on the 3PT line being in existence. He doesn't utilize the 3PT shot because he shoots an efficient number for his mid-range jumpers, which used to be the gold standard in the 80's. Hes far improved from the guy Kobe was giving 5 feet to in the NBA Finals from 18 feet out. He can make that shot with far more consistency at this point.

Finally, someone gets off the bullshit. The jumpshot has been solid all year.

:lol

^That's the reaction the Jazz make to this proposal.

Rajon Rondo is better than anyone on the Jazz and the Jazz have too many PF's: Favors, Millsap, and Jefferson is really a PF. Getting rid of one of them is the way to go. Favors has the higher ceiling and Millsap is better today (and has a great contract) so they should pick one.

Celtics get

Jimmer Fredette
Marcus Thornton

Kings get

Rajan Rondo

Come on man.

hawkfan
03-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Celtics get

Jimmer Fredette
Marcus Thornton

Kings get

Rajan Rondo

Amended:

Kings get

Rajan Rondo

Celtics get

Marcus Thornton
Jason Thompson
First round pick (lottery protected for top 6 picks)

goldenryan
03-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Ainge is doing the right thing, rondo isnt a cornerstone just wait for the best offer.

LakersReign
03-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Celtics are doing the right thing breaking up this team, since it was only put together for one title run anyway. Trying to milk it for more than that was an obvious mistake. Lakers really need a decent PG upgrade, but I'm skeptical of all the trade rumors. Will just wait to see what's true and what's not.

It's A VC3!!!
03-01-2012, 01:54 PM
The Celtics could make a huge trade involving their Big 3. Keep Rondo, and wait until the 2013 free agent class becomes available. It's obvious the Celtics glory days are over, but with Rondo as the pg, that's a great foundation.

Haymaker
03-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Trade Pierce's ass before he's too old to get anything of value back. Trade him for Gerald Wallace + Matthews. Then wait for Allen and KG to expire, sign them for less money. Keep Rondo and try to get something out of the FA next year.

crisscutfries
03-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Trade Pierce's ass before he's too old to get anything of value back. Trade him for Gerald Wallace + Matthews. Then wait for Allen and KG to expire, sign them for less money. Keep Rondo and try to get something out of the FA next year.

I was thinking about something along these lines too... but we owe Pierce enough to let him retire as a Celtic. But Ainge don't care about that kinda stuff... so I would approve of this trade.

Plus I love Gerald Wallace!

The Big Skinny
03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Any reason why they want to trade Rondo? He is the least of the Celtics' woes. Anyone want to gimme a few reasons as to why they would do this. Instead of trading their oldies for young talent or draft picks, they want to trade their pg who is top 5 in the NBA.

I saw a Rondo for Steph Curry straight up.

This is beyond me.

Somebody shed some light on this nonsense.

bagelred
03-01-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't follow this whole Rondo/Celtics/Doc/Ainge thing. What's happening here? Why is it the Celtics want to trade a Top 10, very young point guard so bad? Because Doc doesn't like him? Really?

talkingconch
03-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Any reason why they want to trade Rondo? He is the least of the Celtics' woes. Anyone want to gimme a few reasons as to why they would do this. Instead of trading their oldies for young talent or draft picks, they want to trade their pg who is top 5 in the NBA.

This is beyond me.

it says in the article...he's too much of a headache off the court and the organization doesn't want to deal with that going into the future.

crisscutfries
03-01-2012, 03:00 PM

This is beyond me.

I'm pretty sold that Pierce is untouchable, that leaves Rondo, Ray, and KG. KG got a fat contract and he's old... noone's going to take him. So it's really just Ray and Rondo...

Don't get me wrong I know what we're lacking and that's a decent big/player that can rebound that's not Rondo. And we need people to run the floor instead of hobble up-court. Rondo has the best trade value... I wouldn't trade him, I'd wait til the seasons over and pick up FA's... this year's list looks pretty amazing.

EDIT: Oh yeah... he's a headcase! Rondo's a nut... I remember 2 years ago Doc said kid was uncoachable at times

Bigsmoke
03-01-2012, 03:03 PM
lol they need to trade Ray because i doubt he staying there.

keep Rondo and Pierce for fans sake and let those other guys go.

The Big Skinny
03-01-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm pretty sold that Pierce is untouchable, that leaves Rondo, Ray, and KG. KG got a fat contract and he's old... noone's going to take him. So it's really just Ray and Rondo...

Don't get me wrong I know what we're lacking and that's a decent big/player that can rebound that's not Rondo. And we need people to run the floor instead of hobble up-court. Rondo has the best trade value... I wouldn't trade him, I'd wait til the seasons over and pick up FA's... this year's list looks pretty amazing.

Why not just trade for Kaman and go after Wilson Chandler.

Rondo
(keep) Ray or Chandler
Pierce
KG
Kaman

thoughts?

just_NONchalant
03-01-2012, 03:13 PM
1 Clipper Darrell for rondo?

Maybe we can get a 3rd and 4th team to make this trade work

lilgodfather1
03-01-2012, 03:15 PM
1 Clipper Darrell for rondo?

Maybe we can get a 3rd and 4th team to make this trade work
The Canucks green suit guys for Clipper Darell straight up.

crisscutfries
03-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Why not just trade for Kaman and go after Wilson Chandler.

Rondo
(keep) Ray or Chandler
Pierce
KG
Kaman

thoughts?

Who would we give up for Kaman?

just_NONchalant
03-01-2012, 03:24 PM
The Canucks green suit guys for Clipper Darell straight up.

We don't want him...only if he was packaged with "marky" mark wahlberg

Marky mark works in Hollywood... Which makes for an easier commute

Whoah10115
03-01-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't follow this whole Rondo/Celtics/Doc/Ainge thing. What's happening here? Why is it the Celtics want to trade a Top 10, very young point guard so bad? Because Doc doesn't like him? Really?

Who is the GM?

Haymaker
03-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I was thinking about something along these lines too... but we owe Pierce enough to let him retire as a Celtic. But Ainge don't care about that kinda stuff... so I would approve of this trade.

Plus I love Gerald Wallace!

Crash is my favourite player! :cheers:

Celtic_Pride
03-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Pierce is the only player in this team who can create his own shot. Having Wallace helps, but the offense will suck without Pierce

Nash
03-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Boston should build around Rondo. Try getting Dwight and play him with Rondo.

Punpun
03-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Can someone explain to me how is ROndo uncoachable, a worry etc. They got thugs like Sheed etc. but Rondo who isn't by any stretch a thug guy etc. is hard to coach ?

How does that even make sense ?

AMISTILLILL
03-01-2012, 05:19 PM

EDIT: Oh yeah... he's a headcase! Rondo's a nut... I remember 2 years ago Doc said kid was uncoachable at times

No one in Boston is untouchable right now. Ainge will take perpetuating team success over player loyalty and appeasing the fans any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Doctor Rivers
03-01-2012, 05:26 PM
they should trade ainge instead

Killbot
03-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Broussard is over-exaggerating his article, but Ainge is open to shopping anybody.

ProfessorMurder
03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Can someone explain to me how is ROndo uncoachable, a worry etc. They got thugs like Sheed etc. but Rondo who isn't by any stretch a thug guy etc. is hard to coach ?

How does that even make sense ?

The worst thing he's done in the last year is break a tv by throwing a water bottle at it. He hasn't had any huge beefs with Doc in a few seasons, that I know of.

I just feel bad because if they do trade him, which is dumb, he will likely go to a shit team... That will make him act out more because he wants to win so badly.

outbreak
03-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Broussard is terrible. Anything by him now i just ignore. Remember before the season he kept saying this and that deal is happening 100% and none of them ever did? Everytime he's on tv he is the most annoying **** i have ever seen in my life. I wish they'd just fire his incompetent ass or send him to go report on an under 10's girls comp at some local rec league where he belongs.
He's overreacting to what's been said here, the celtics need to make moves and are open to trading anything, their aggressively looking for any way to improve to avoid stagnating, not trying to dump a player they don't want as is implied by broutard.

Punpun
03-01-2012, 05:45 PM
The worst thing he's done in the last year is break a tv by throwing a water bottle at it. He hasn't had any huge beefs with Doc in a few seasons, that I know of.

But that's.. not much. He also threw a ball at a ref. But that's no "UNCOACHABLE KID GET HIM OUT"

Celtic_Pride
03-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Rivers said Thursday afternoon he is irked by reports the Celtics were aggressively shopping his mercurial point guard and frustrated that his relationship with Rondo is being cited as one of the reasons Boston is willing to part with him.

"My relationship with Rajon is as strong as it has ever been," he said. "Our communication has never been better. I want him here. I can say with almost 100 percent certainty he will be here with us when the season ends. I'm tired of this stuff. It's not fair."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7634903/doc-rivers-confident-rajon-rondo-remain-boston-celtics

Apparently even Ainge said Rondo will remain a Celtic for a long time. I guess they are just listening to the offers.

Aggressively trading is just Bullsh*t!

Building around Rondo is the best possible choice rather than to build around Gasol/Bargnani/Lopez

Kevin_Garnett_5
03-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Doc basically flat out said he won't be traded. We can lock this thread now and stop with all the ridiculous trade scenarios.

crisscutfries
03-01-2012, 06:22 PM
2 years ago he was said to be hard headed by Doc... Like Doc would make out a play and if he don't like the play he does his own thing. But that was like 2009... then in 2010 there was turmoil between him and Paul Pierce. Then last year when Perkins left Rondo wasn't the same after...

I love Rondo but... fact of the matter is he's a headcase!

Also... I agree with shipping away Ainge... trade away our instant offense off the bench and our center... for a player not in the league this year.

mans1ay3r
03-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Doc basically flat out said he won't be traded. We can lock this thread now and stop with all the ridiculous trade scenarios.
Seriously? Thank god. Celtics shouldn't fcking trade Rondo, we need players that can KEEP UP with him. No more damn old players.

DirtySanchez
03-01-2012, 06:24 PM
If the Nets do not grab Howard...expect the Nets to grab Rondo

crisscutfries
03-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Seriously? Thank god. Celtics shouldn't fcking trade Rondo, we need players that can KEEP UP with him. No more damn old players.

Acquire Crash during offseason? :D

Kevin_Garnett_5
03-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Seriously? Thank god. Celtics shouldn't fcking trade Rondo, we need players that can KEEP UP with him. No more damn old players.Yup.

"I can say with almost 100 percent certainty he will be here with us when the season ends. I'm tired of this stuff. It's not fair."

ProfessorMurder
03-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Acquire Crash during offseason? :D

YES!

JohnnySic
03-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Most of these Rondo trade scenerios are crap. He isn't going anywhere unless another young star comes back - i.e. most likely he's staying put. Enough already!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/5/6/b5076970-5ec6-4323-badf-425cccb29fda.gif

MaxFly
03-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Sigh....

33teeth
03-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Tyreke Evans for Rondo straight up. Throw in Francisco Garcia if they want him.

They both are very talented but flawed. I think Rondo would fit better with Cousins (on the court) but maybe be trouble otherwise.

Tyreke may or may not be a guy to build a franchise around, but he has huge potential and is pretty good already.

G-train
03-01-2012, 08:25 PM
I would have traded him and Allen a month into the season. Almost too late now, cracks are forming and other teams are gaining better bargaining position because of it. Problem was they thought they could still compete for a title this season.

CLTHornets4eva
03-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Tyreke Evans for Rondo straight up. Throw in Francisco Garcia if they want him.

They both are very talented but flawed. I think Rondo would fit better with Cousins (on the court) but maybe be trouble otherwise.

Tyreke may or may not be a guy to build a franchise around, but he has huge potential and is pretty good already.

Very good point about Cousins. I think Sac would need to throw in a 1st though.

Thechosen1
03-01-2012, 08:43 PM
tyreke evans sucks lol its an insult to even compare him to rondo

Whoah10115
03-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Trade Rondo for Tyreke (lol) and then Rondo and Cousins get that Kentucky love going and Calipari then goes to Sacramento, after taking Kentucky to the national title this year...

And yea...kinda serious...if you're dumb enough to trade Rajon Rondo for Tyreke (maybe net Jimmer as well).

CelticBaller
03-01-2012, 10:09 PM
SMH at the celtics fans that want to trade rondo. him and paul pierce are carrying this team :facepalm

and if we HAD to trade him, I would atleast trade him for curry

Rowe
03-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Most of these Rondo trade scenerios are crap. He isn't going anywhere unless another young star comes back - i.e. most likely he's staying put. Enough already!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/5/6/b5076970-5ec6-4323-badf-425cccb29fda.gif

Rondo isn't that valuable.

Another young star player? Highly doubt that. You're not flipping Rondo for a younger player with a higher upside.

The Chris Paul & Deron Williams trades aren't really the same type of deal they're getting for him. Getting back another starter and 1-2 draft picks would be great if they were truly attempting to move him.

marion706
03-01-2012, 10:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=77mjptl

atl sends a 1st to Bos

33teeth
03-01-2012, 10:45 PM
tyreke evans sucks lol its an insult to even compare him to rondo

Who compared them?

I put them in a trade. Tyreke costs less. :confusedshrug:

Whoah10115
03-01-2012, 10:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=77mjptl

atl sends a 1st to Bos

Makes more sense for the Hawks not to get Beasley and not to give up Josh Smith. Send Beasley to Boston...with Ainge being the guy he is, maybe he even takes Joe Johnson :confusedshrug:

PP34Deuce
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Stephen A Smith had made a GREAT point on First Take this morning. He said the reason Ainge would trade Rondo is based on Rondo hates losing and while he may not be Kobe,Wade, or even Chris Paul playing wise, he would not be a good player on a rebuilding team.

He said Rondo is wired differently than other players and wants to win so it seems BOS wants to start out clean after 4 years of contention and great play.

Dizzle-2k7
03-02-2012, 09:00 PM
I would kill to see Rondo in LA with Kobe.

Derka
03-02-2012, 09:04 PM
lol, Broussard.

RazorBaLade
03-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Stephen A Smith had made a GREAT point on First Take this morning. He said the reason Ainge would trade Rondo is based on Rondo hates losing and while he may not be Kobe,Wade, or even Chris Paul playing wise, he would not be a good player on a rebuilding team.

He said Rondo is wired differently than other players and wants to win so it seems BOS wants to start out clean after 4 years of contention and great play.

gasol is a great player for rebuilding

ill suck your dick ainge

lilgodfather1
03-02-2012, 09:31 PM
We'll take Rondo off of you guys, all it will take is a 2013 unprotected 1st, a 2015 unprotected 1st, and an unprotected 2017 1st.