PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed 3

jaydacris
03-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Going to be unveiled next monday (march 5)
but pictures have leaked online

soo it looks like it'll be set during the american revolution? ...

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2012/60/AssassinsCreed3_50508_screen.jpg

im down for a change in scenery. ubisoft already predicting this will be their biggest game launch ever.

so im sure its gonna be sick

Nanners
03-01-2012, 03:02 PM
awesome idea using the revolutionary war era

nightprowler10
03-01-2012, 03:55 PM
I know many AC fans have been crying out for the American revolutionary era, but I'm not so sure about it. I would've loved them going back further in time like Ancient Egypt or Greece. But yeah this could turn out pretty sick indeed if done right.

Rose
03-01-2012, 04:44 PM
I know many AC fans have been crying out for the American revolutionary era, but I'm not so sure about it. I would've loved them going back further in time like Ancient Egypt or Greece. But yeah this could turn out pretty sick indeed if done right.
I agree going further back would have been better. Mostly because one of the things I love about AC is the architecture and how beautiful/accurate the maps are.

There's not a whole hell of a lot you can do with colonial America.:lol

craigthomasb
03-01-2012, 06:37 PM
interdasting

I dont care where it is, aslong as I get more AC!

such a great series

is this going to be the last one though?? would love a modern day one to finnish it all, remember hearing it has to end this year (2012 etc)

EnoughSaid
03-01-2012, 08:50 PM
I agree going further back would have been better. Mostly because one of the things I love about AC is the architecture and how beautiful/accurate the maps are.

I hope a large part of the story would take place in London. But hey, you don't know. :confusedshrug:

niko
03-02-2012, 11:44 AM

The cities were about 50,000 people big, the larger ones (like NY). That's a good size game city. Plus London, Paris could be included. They were included in the intrique of the time.

Nanners
03-02-2012, 03:16 PM

i doubt ancient egypt had enough tall buildings and vertical variation for a game like assassins creed to work.

There were some big cities in colonial america. NY, Boston, and Philly were all well established by the time the revolutionary war started.

jaydacris
03-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Some facts about the game

- Game has been in development for three years. Possibly after the completion of Assassin's Creed II.

- A completely new ancestor of Desmond Miles.

- The name of the game’s new protagonist will be Connor (as he calls himself), although his birth name is Ratohnhake:ton. He is half English, half Native American, and is described as more of a hunter/ predatory Assassin than the likes of Ezio or Altair. He is described as a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than acting based on personal revenge. The American Revolution setting means that the supporting cast includes the likes of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. Connor’s interaction with Washington is one of the core relationships in the game.

Assassin’s Creed III will be set between 1753 and 1783, in and around the cities of Boston and New York. Locations like Bunker Hill, Valley Forge and Saratoga are mentioned. New York especially ties in with Desmond’s location at the conclusion of Revelations. There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16 this time around. In addition, the economic system of the game has been reformed.

- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere…

- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.

- Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.

- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.

- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.

- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.

- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%.

- Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

- The Brotherhood, or Assassins Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.

- There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

- Den Defense will not return.

- Release date slated for October 30th, 2012

- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations are considered spin off games, BUT is canon for the universe. Ubisoft only numbers an Assassin's Creed game when there is a new ancestor AND time period.

RaininTwos
03-02-2012, 10:11 PM

You are thinking to small bro. As others have mentioned, NY, Philly,Boston,etc...were developed cities. Then they can also throw in Quebec city for added measure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Quebec_%281775%29

Rose
03-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Not saying size. dammit:mad:

I SAID ARCHITECTURE!!!! The environments play a big role in my liking of series okay?:oldlol:

:confusedshrug:

:rant

CelticBaller
03-02-2012, 11:42 PM
When, I wonder are we goign to play as desmond in the modern times? :confusedshrug:

Al Thornton
03-03-2012, 12:26 AM
i thought it was gonna be modern day with desmond as a conclusion to the series, but this sounds better. as long as there isn't an assassins creed 3.1 and 3.2.

Jailblazers7
03-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Finally picked up the OG AC game for 8 bucks because of all the hype. I really like that the fighting is too difficult to just mash buttons in a crowd so stealth is important although its fun to pull out the small sword and take on crowds. Only played for a few hours but I can already tell ill be buying all the AC games.

Black Joker
03-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Finally picked up the OG AC game for 8 bucks because of all the hype. I really like that the fighting is too difficult to just mash buttons in a crowd so stealth is important although its fun to pull out the small sword and take on crowds. Only played for a few hours but I can already tell ill be buying all the AC games.
i might just order the first AC off amazon today, because well if you like it, i'm obviously going to like it :oldlol:

Jailblazers7
03-04-2012, 12:07 AM
i might just order the first AC off amazon today, because well if you like it, i'm obviously going to like it :oldlol:

haha you'll definitely like it. I guess I would kind of compare it to S.H.I.E.L.D. for how it uses history and secret organizations. Its a good story and good gameplay. I'm already anxious to get AC2.

jaydacris
03-05-2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xXO27xUBBo

the trailer :)

looks pretty badass

nightprowler10
03-05-2012, 06:09 PM
My guess is that we'll be using trees for a lot of missions.

Jimmy2k8
03-10-2012, 03:33 AM
Definitely am going to buy this game, mainly because A.) It's a new Assassin's Creed not revolving around Altair or Ezio. And B.) Setting revolves around the Revolution - my favorite era in American History.

jaydacris
03-27-2012, 03:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Cc1yV.jpg

:lebron:

Heavincent
05-10-2012, 12:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Ke_1yd1nAE

:applause:

Rose
05-10-2012, 05:12 PM
More excited for the game now, still slightly worried about lame environments.

Jailblazers7
05-11-2012, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Ke_1yd1nAE

:applause:

Looks like the gameplay and combat will be a dope change of pace from the rest of the series. I loved the city atmosphere and and everything with Ezio and Altair but the franchise does need something fresh and this game looks like it will be awesome.

Jailblazers7
08-16-2012, 09:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNgh5WiMbBM

Was a little skeptical about what the city gameplay would be like because the lack of large structures and dense cities like in the Ezio games but the city gameplay looks super dope.

EnoughSaid
08-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Every single game out there needs to do their combat system like Arkham City. Batman's fighting is the smoothest, and best.

GOBB
08-16-2012, 10:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNgh5WiMbBM

Was a little skeptical about what the city gameplay would be like because the lack of large structures and dense cities like in the Ezio games but the city gameplay looks super dope.

Looks awesome. Im playing AC Revelations now. Its weird tho with AC 3 seeing the assasin outfit. Be cool if you could wear normal clothes that fit. He looks so odd, out of place.

Story Up
08-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Just bought AC 1 and 2, and Brotherhood. Will give them a shot, I watched friends play and was never overly intrigued but they weren't expensive so I want to give them a shot. Basically everyone said it's a must own.

Jailblazers7
08-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Just bought AC 1 and 2, and Brotherhood. Will give them a shot, I watched friends play and was never overly intrigued but they weren't expensive so I want to give them a shot. Basically everyone said it's a must own.

1 is meh but 2 and Brotherhood are really good. Brotherhood is my favorite of the series.

Al Thornton
08-19-2012, 06:40 PM
so hyped for this. replaying assassin's creed 2 and it is still holds up. great game.

konex
08-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Every single game out there needs to do their combat system like Arkham City. Batman's fighting is the smoothest, and best.

Sleeping Dogs is better :rockon:

Rose
08-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Sleeping Dogs is better :rockon:
konex curse.

Jailblazers7
10-06-2012, 01:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/assassinscreed?v=3oYtCAsqQ2g

New Trailer

Heavincent
10-06-2012, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/assassinscreed?v=3oYtCAsqQ2g

New Trailer

God damn :bowdown:

IGotACoolStory
10-22-2012, 10:17 PM
I think I'm going to bite on this...

Where is everyone pre-ordering?

I'm thinking Amazon right now.

Heavincent
10-22-2012, 10:30 PM
This game is gonna be a ****ing beast.

Rose
10-23-2012, 02:17 AM
I think I'm going to bite on this...

Where is everyone pre-ordering?

I'm thinking Amazon right now.
Amazon, I've had the steelbook edition pre-ordered since the announcement.

El Kabong
10-23-2012, 02:53 AM
Ima wait until Christmas since it'll probably be cheaper by then on Steam.

Jailblazers7
10-25-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm hoping that the presence of guns doesnt isnt trivial in combat. The game will be way more fun if they are a serious threat like in the Batman Arkham series. Also, I'm anxious to see how involved Desmond is in the gameplay. It would be cool to do some real missions with him.

nightprowler10
10-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I think guns will be crucial but not a huge part of the gameplay since realistically the guards will be able to fire off one shot at a time, but maybe not take as long as the guards in Revelations to reload.

nightprowler10
10-25-2012, 01:01 PM
I just realized there was a DLC for Revelations (Lost Archives) that I haven't played yet. Does anyone know if it was worth paying for?

Jailblazers7
10-25-2012, 01:23 PM
I just realized there was a DLC for Revelations (Lost Archives) that I haven't played yet. Does anyone know if it was worth paying for?

Dont bother.
l

nightprowler10
10-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Haha thanks. I'll just read about it then.

nightprowler10
10-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Got my copy at midnight last night. Can't wait to get out of work so I can pop it in and play.

Rose
10-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Anyone know anything about the Season Pass? I know it's based on the "King George" idea. But is it just going to be that and a few multiplayer things? If so it's not worth it to me because I never enjoyed the multiplayer for more than maybe an hour combined.

Also so far the campaign is good.

Jailblazers7
10-30-2012, 05:00 PM
My copy is in the mail. Hopefully Sandy doesn't delay my delivery too much. :(

Chief Keef
10-30-2012, 07:10 PM
IGN gave the game an 8.5

rhythmic
10-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Yeah the reviews aren't overly impressive, don't think I've seen a single perfect score yet.

Metacritic is showing an average of 87... :wtf:
Thought it would get way higher scores.

Heavincent
10-30-2012, 09:13 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Rose
10-30-2012, 09:16 PM
I think people are miffed because you aren't Connor at the start.(personally I'm enjoying this) Really the only other "flaw" in the game so far for me is that the menus are designed worse. I preferred the brotherhood/revelations layout more.

Jailblazers7
10-30-2012, 09:17 PM
I never put much stock in game reviews. Metacritic might be a better indicator but I'm def gonna wait to play it. not like mid to high 80s is considered disappointing anyway.

GOBB
10-30-2012, 10:18 PM
I dont put stock in game reviews either. But Assasins Creed to me has never been a game worth $60. $40 is ideal. You arent going to play thru the story more than once unless achievements were missed and cant be achieved without a 2nd play thru. Multiplayer is fun tho but nothing that gets you addicted enough to play daily like a sports game or fps.

I've played the AC series and enjoy them. Just gonna wait til price drops/sale.

I couldnt care less about reviews. Doesnt affect if I buy or not.

Heavincent
10-31-2012, 12:03 AM
I dont put stock in game reviews either. But Assasins Creed to me has never been a game worth $60. $40 is ideal. You arent going to play thru the story more than once unless achievements were missed and cant be achieved without a 2nd play thru. Multiplayer is fun tho but nothing that gets you addicted enough to play daily like a sports game or fps.

I actually get a shitload of replay value out of AC games. Lots of stuff to do (I hate the MP btw). That's just me though.

Anyway, huge twist at the end of sequence 3. Didn't see that coming.

Burgz V2
10-31-2012, 04:39 AM
the scores on these gaming sites shouldnt be taken too seriously. there are many games ive played that werent rated well but i thoroughly enjoyed and vice versa.

dont have any games worth trading for this one just yet though. i prefer not to shell out big bucks for a game that i just want to know how it ends loll

niko
10-31-2012, 08:26 AM
i'm about 5/6 hours in. Much better than last year's game.

Gobb, look for the best buy: buy 2 get 1 free coming soon, i'm sure you are getting 1 of the big shooters so there is your discount.

rhythmic
10-31-2012, 09:11 AM

I do but only metacritics and gamereviews.com
I went with my gut a few times, despite the reviews being really poor and thoroughly did not enjoy the game. If the game fits your preference and the score is high, it's a great indication that you will enjoy the game.

I remember so many of my friends encouraging me to pick up Mafia II for PS3, the reviews were pretty bad but I got it anyways. Although the game was fun, the score it got reflects its quality. It's a sandbox game with a really dead environment and very little re-playability. The story was done well, but it was no where near as good as my friends claimed it was.

So I do tend to trust the accumulated scores critics give games. I just never trust one particular site.

glidedrxlr22
10-31-2012, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Jailblazers7
11-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Played for a few hours yesterday and I'm loving it. Great set-up for the story and the freerunning in the wilderness is very cool.

Rose
11-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Played for a few hours yesterday and I'm loving it. Great set-up for the story and the freerunning in the wilderness is very cool.
I was amazed at how well they did that. Running through the trees, just feels natural, I was worried about those controls. And how they'd have to change them.

Honestly the game has been really good so far. Maybe not as good as previous ones, but by no means a let down in anyway shape or form.

nightprowler10
11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm not as comfortable with the combat as I was with previous games, but I'm hoping it'll feel more fluid as I play more. I really miss having R1 as an option for countering. :(

Completely agree with what others are saying though, it has a very natural feel to it. I just wish I didn't see all the bugs where either I or the AI gets stuck and have to start over from last checkpoint. I loved the use of the snowstorm for cover. Felt very Splinter Cell like in the mission where you eavesdrop on Washington.

I'm a few hours in and am at the Expedition mission where you're working with the Natives to take the general out in Sequence 3.

Jailblazers7
11-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Yeah combat is a bit more difficult but I kinda like it because the controls were way too easy in the other games.

I think it has the potential to be the best or 2nd best game in the series.

nightprowler10
11-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Which one is the best right now in your opinion?

Jailblazers7
11-01-2012, 04:08 PM
For me it goes:

1. AC: Brotherhood
2. AC2
3. AC1
4. AC: Revelations

Revelations is last because it just seemed like a waste of time and money.

niko
11-01-2012, 06:19 PM
For me it goes:

2. AC2
3. AC1

Which was last year? I didn't like last year's. That was the only one i didn't play a lot (2 and the one right after i finished the story mode)

nightprowler10
11-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Anyway, huge twist at the end of sequence 3. Didn't see that coming.
Ubisoft trolling hard. :lol

nightprowler10
11-01-2012, 08:39 PM
For me it goes:

2. AC2
3. AC1

Pretty much the same for me when you take both the storyline and gameplay into account. Strictly story line wise though, AC1 and AC2 are ridiculously good.

GOBB
11-02-2012, 04:14 PM
I can get AC3 for 47. Worth it?

Heavincent
11-02-2012, 04:24 PM

Yes.

GOBB
11-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Yes.

You would say yes to $60. :oldlol:

CeltsGarlic
11-02-2012, 05:30 PM
It sucks hard to wait for this on PC

Jailblazers7
11-02-2012, 06:32 PM

Depends if money is an issue atm but I think the game is worth that just based on value. Ive only played a quarter of it tho and I usually replay campaign multiple times so these games have replay value for me so keep that in mind.

niko
11-02-2012, 06:32 PM
You would say yes to $60. :oldlol:

Did you like the other ones? This one is better so far. I am about 10 hours in.

GOBB
11-02-2012, 10:48 PM
I love the AC series. I havent got into AC Revelations yet. Played first sequence.

But I ended up getting it. Couldnt resist.

Jailblazers7
11-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Just learned the lesson not to **** with bears the hard way.

Rose
11-03-2012, 09:20 PM
The naval warfare is ridiculously good.

nightprowler10
11-05-2012, 01:42 AM
The naval warfare is ridiculously good.
Hell yes.

Btw, am I the only one who wants to bitch slap Paul Revere?

Jailblazers7
11-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Only thing I don't like about naval warfare is the fact that Connor changes outfits. It makes no sense to me why he would dress up as a colonial just because he is on a boat lol.

But seriously, I love the new aspects of this game. Exploring the frontier is awesome is the game just seems to have so much more breadth than the other game. Graphics are easily better, voice acting is better, the story is less predicatable, the side missions are diverse, etc.

nightprowler10
11-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm not a big fan of how the game takes over when the animals attack you. So many times I don't react fast enough because I'm busy trying to use a weapon, but then find out that the cutscene has already begun. I always end up dying ffs.

Rose
11-06-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm not a big fan of how the game takes over when the animals attack you. So many times I don't react fast enough because I'm busy trying to use a weapon, but then find out that the cutscene has already begun. I always end up dying ffs.
Same. And I see more wolf packs, than all the other animals put together. I can count on one hand how many times I've seen foxes. Same with Raccoons. Hell I've only found 3 bears. And gotten my ass kicked.:lol

My problem with the frontier is, there's times where I spend 10-15 minutes trying to figure out where to get up this cliffside at. I wish the map was more detailed on that, like it had better elevation markers so you could see the slope or something.

Thorpesaurous
11-08-2012, 09:26 AM
So far I couldn't be much happier with it.

I actually put down RE6 for it, which I just wasn't enjoying, but it's not something I like to do. For me that's like stopping a book a few chapters in to read something else. But it just looked to good.

I did have some issues getting started because of the pace of the thing. The re-introduction of controls. The re-establishment of the animus story line. Honestly, if they just threw out that overarcing animus story and gave me a new era based open world action adventure game with some historical earmarks, a good combat system, a great locomotion system, and some stealth elements, I could really care less what else they did.

As some of you know, I'm kind of a map ravaging junky who has a weird desire to find everything. Christ ... I killed all the pigeons in GTAIV. So this game is filled with stuff for me. But those first few sequences as Haythem, I felt like I wasn't given much freedom, and wasted a lot of time running around looking for things that weren't there, both on the boat and in Boston. I've told my cousin who's still waiting on his in the mail to just hunt down the missions with Haythem, and he won't miss much.

I just finished that initial naval sequence, which is in large part training, and have since done little more than run around, avoiding missions, and devouring the map. I've stripped the frontier of all the feathers/trinkets/chests last night. And Boston I did the night before. Now I'm at a point where I have to move forward.

The game itself looks great. The movement control is the best in the business. Combat is clunkier than Batman, or Sleeping Dogs, but it's animated great, and this is better than those in getting around, even better than Batman's cape in my opinion. I haven't fully integrated the vertical kills yet. The map is full of life. The hunting is a nice addition. I enjoy the little barroom games, although I'm surprised how mediocre I am at them. So far I couldn't be happier with the story line and setting, the american revolution being something so familiar to me, it's so accessible.
I've noticed a few glitches. Guys standing up in the air. Animals getting stuck. And a few mission oddities, like Sam Adams asking to me to follow him, then not going anywhere until I realized I was supposed to be leading him for some reason.
Combat I feel pretty safe in. Rarely do I feel like I'm going to die. The random Bear attack seems more dangerous than running into Brit held fort. But I'm okay with it. I felt the same way in the last one. I really only die falling, but whatever.
The menu is a little clumsy. But it's not like it's unusable.

I really didn't look at any reviews for it. I'm surprised they've been less than great, but one issue this game has had in the past is a sense of repetitiveness over time, so maybe that will become an issue. So far I couldn't be much happier.

nightprowler10
11-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Anybody finish the main storyline yet? Any thoughts?

Jailblazers7
11-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Anybody finish the main storyline yet? Any thoughts?

Interesting end to Desmond's story which sets itself up for another series of AC games. I thought the ending was an acceptable end to his story.

nightprowler10
11-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah I thought so too, but it was weird to me somewhat because I was expecting this to be the last game of the series. The lack of whining on the internet makes me think this is an acceptable end to his story for most people.

What's amazing is that after finishing the main story I realized I've only finished 41% of the game. :lol Though I'm guessing much of it is due to me not giving a **** about the optional objectives in most missions.

Jailblazers7
11-14-2012, 12:34 AM
Yeah I thought so too, but it was weird to me somewhat because I was expecting this to be the last game of the series. The lack of whining on the internet makes me think this is an acceptable end to his story for most people.

What's amazing is that after finishing the main story I realized I've only finished 41% of the game. :lol Though I'm guessing much of it is due to me not giving a **** about the optional objectives in most missions.

Yeah, my % was pretty damn low becuase I pretty much just wanted to power through the story the first time. I'm going to do another play through to get another run through the story and to do all the side stuff. I love trying to get the 100% sync on missions after I've done 1 playthrough. Plus, I didn't really do any of the Ben Franklin stuff my first time around.

Scholar
11-14-2012, 03:56 AM
I only recently got into the AC series. I played AC 1 last year but found it too repetitive, so I never ended up finishing it. I gave AC 2 a shot a month ago & loved it. Now I'm on to AC Brotherhood, which has been great so far.
I'll buy Revelations once I'm done with Brotherhood and then move over to AC 3 once the prices drop a bit.

El Kabong
11-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Was bored with it for the first few hours, but once you get into being an assassin with Connor it gets a lot better. Naval stuff is a nice addition, albeit a bit tricky until you get the hang of it.

Thorpesaurous
11-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah, my % was pretty damn low becuase I pretty much just wanted to power through the story the first time. I'm going to do another play through to get another run through the story and to do all the side stuff. I love trying to get the 100% sync on missions after I've done 1 playthrough. Plus, I didn't really do any of the Ben Franklin stuff my first time around.

Yeah, I've spent a lot of time tracking down feathers, getting almanac pages, trinkets, and doing hunting missions and the such. So I know I'm going slower than most, and will probably end with a decent percentage, but I'm not really trying for those in mission optional targets. I may give it a shot from the get go, but if I don't get I just keep going, so it'll require a replay to hit all of those. I find the replayability of memory sequences far supperior to the second game. I closed AC2 one trophy from 100%, it had to do with the flying machine mission, and I couldn't easily go back and do it, so I never got there.

nightprowler10
11-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah I have no idea why you couldn't replay sequences in AC2 without restarting the whole campaign. Seemed like a huge miss, especially since even the original AC had that option. That said, I did play AC2 over and got a platinum trophy. Its still my one of two platinum trophies.

Jailblazers7
11-15-2012, 07:00 PM
who is cooler/more badass Ezio or Connor?

Thorpesaurous
11-16-2012, 10:59 AM
who is cooler/more badass Ezio or Connor?

Ezio was cooler. One of my few issues with this game is the dialogue is pretty weak with his buddies on the frontier. Setting up the french guy with the hunter chick has been awkward at best.

Badass wise it may be Connor because the combat animations are rediculously good in this game. With the varrying weapons, I somehow still have not gotten bored with killing people in this game, which I did with Ezio.

I just reached NY last night, did the set piece stuff, and wound up back in present day and turned it off. Look forward to loading up in NY now with fresh map finds to chew through.
I'm not really enamoured with the recipe system thing yet. I've spent a fortune on supplies and stuff, done every homefront mission that's popped up, and I'm finally starting to find some stuff I can make, and I'm not really sure what value it has for me. Now I'm heading to NY with pretty much no money to buy maps or new weapons or anything because I've spent all my money filling up my ore supplies that I can't use, and crafting barrells and ship sails that seem to have little to no value. I've also spent a ton on boat upgrades even though I don't seem to have any more naval options at the moment, and those things were expensive.
I haven't sold much in the way of pelts since my first 40K drop though because I keep expecting to need them to craft things. So I could do that for map money. And if I can just get the NY treasure chest map I'm sure it'll pay for itself.

nightprowler10
11-16-2012, 03:31 PM
It's a weird comparison actually since we got to see Ezio from his teenage years all the way into his old age. Same with Altair, though not to the same extent.

What I can say is how much more of a tragic story Connor has when compared to the others. Ezio and Altair saw a lot of heartache, but man, Connor has had a rough life when you think about it. Never knew his father growing up. Mother killed by father's closest friends. Killed his own father. Spent the better half of his life trying to help his people by helping the Patriots, only to see the Patriots return the favor by displacing his people.

I really really felt for him when Juno told him that "What you seek does not exist". Damn. At least Altair took Masyaf back and retired, and Ezio got revenge on all the people that killed his family. It seems impossible for Connor to get any closure.

El Kabong
11-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Desmond's ending was lame and clich

Jailblazers7
11-17-2012, 04:10 PM
It's a weird comparison actually since we got to see Ezio from his teenage years all the way into his old age. Same with Altair, though not to the same extent.

What I can say is how much more of a tragic story Connor has when compared to the others. Ezio and Altair saw a lot of heartache, but man, Connor has had a rough life when you think about it. Never knew his father growing up. Mother killed by father's closest friends. Killed his own father. Spent the better half of his life trying to help his people by helping the Patriots, only to see the Patriots return the favor by displacing his people.

I really really felt for him when Juno told him that "What you seek does not exist". Damn. At least Altair took Masyaf back and retired, and Ezio got revenge on all the people that killed his family. It seems impossible for Connor to get any closure.

I really enjoyed that about Connor's story. It was a lot of grey area where the past games had a clear good vs evil style with Ezio. Connor was just an honorable man trying to do right by his people and humanity but was faced with a bleak reality. The voice acting was excellent for Connor too which helped.

Thorpesaurous
11-19-2012, 10:07 AM
I played a ton last night, but didn't do any missions really. I just pillaged the NY map. Did all the liberations missions. Got all the treasures and all the trinkets and all the Almanac pages. Took down the couple forts. Did all the viewpoints. Got all the Homestead missions I could do. Spent all the money I had gotten on all the weapons that were new in the shop. Did a bunch of crafting, which I'm still not getting a ton of value out of. I threw the last of my money at upgrading the boat.

It's nice that I can play for three hours and not progress the story at all and still feel pretty fullfilled with my playing experience.

Scholar
11-19-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm probably not going to own this game for a while. By the time I start playing it, you guys will probably be discussing the latest greatest out. I just started playing Red Dead Redemption yesterday! :oldlol:

I'm going to play AC Revelations after RDR. Go from there.

Jailblazers7
11-19-2012, 12:54 PM
I played a ton last night, but didn't do any missions really. I just pillaged the NY map. Did all the liberations missions. Got all the treasures and all the trinkets and all the Almanac pages. Took down the couple forts. Did all the viewpoints. Got all the Homestead missions I could do. Spent all the money I had gotten on all the weapons that were new in the shop. Did a bunch of crafting, which I'm still not getting a ton of value out of. I threw the last of my money at upgrading the boat.

It's nice that I can play for three hours and not progress the story at all and still feel pretty fullfilled with my playing experience.

Yeah, this is one of the few games I've ever played where I don't mind just hunting all the extras down. The difference between a game like this and a game like GTA far as the extras and side missions go is that navigating the map is actually enjoyable and not just a hassle to be tolerated. I usually quit while I'm ahead in most games (except GTA IV) but this game does a very good job of making side missions enjoyable.

Thorpesaurous
11-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah, this is one of the few games I've ever played where I don't mind just hunting all the extras down. The difference between a game like this and a game like GTA far as the extras and side missions go is that navigating the map is actually enjoyable and not just a hassle to be tolerated. I usually quit while I'm ahead in most games (except GTA IV) but this game does a very good job of making side missions enjoyable.

Yeah, part of it is a function of the running mechanism being that good. And they've made them much less monotonous than they were in one, or even two, which had already taken a big step up. I used to hate that guy with the "I've hid these flags because I'm and asshole ... see if you can find them in 15 seconds!"
Now they feel integrated into the story much more. And they're yeilding things like recipes.
And you'd think buying the maps would kill a lot of the fun, but many of the things are little puzzles on their own. For example, knowing where a feather is, or an almanac page, isn't nearly enough to just go get it. They may require their own little platforming puzzles just to get to them. There are even spots where the map location doesn't tell the whole story, with caves who's entrances may not really be where the treasure is on the map.

I'm finding the money to be a fair challenge. I'm selling off all my pelts and stuff at a time to buy things up. Even after hoarding every treasure chest last night in NY, then selling all my kills, I'm still not completely bought out on items. I have all the store's wares, but not the boat upgrades, which are expensive.
Right now my only real gripe is that I haven't figured out really what the point of the crafting is, or the caravan section in the log book. And it's navigation is horrible in there.

nightprowler10
11-19-2012, 04:05 PM
I've been running around doing random missions for the last couple of days. I actually finished the main storyline with just Stephan as my assassin, and just now got the other 5. Last night was the first time I actually went out in the frontier and it's a lot more fun than I thought. I like how some things can't found unless you run around randomly. It makes it rewarding to go exploring on your own.

Oh and lol at the sasquatch.

BankShot
11-20-2012, 12:28 PM
I've finally gotten the chance to really delve into AC3 after buying it on the release day a few weeks back... and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed.

I was maybe a little disappointed at the beginning, as the first 10-15% of the storyline was very linear and other than the gaming mechanics it didn't really have the feel of an Assassins Creed game.

Looking back I understand why it had to take that path story-wise, and once Conner became a full-fledged member of The Brotherhood, the game really took off and became an exciting entry in the AC series.

Since the first naval battle (which I really didn't like, contrary to seemingly popular opinion) I've just been roaming around the frontier doing side missions, collecting treasure chests, and knocking out the Synchronization points. I know the main story is there (both with Desmond and Connor) but I have no real urge to go into it as of yet.... so much map to explore.

Other than the semi-twist at the end of Sequence 3 (either its a spoiler or you know exactly what I'm talking about).... my favorite moment thus far was when I took over my first British Fort, killed the General, and Connor raised the shit out of that American flag :rockon:

Thorpesaurous
11-20-2012, 01:27 PM
I have all the assassins and really don't use any of those functions at all. I feel about that a little like I do about the caravan thing. I'm just not sure what it's point is.

I'm picking up Hitman on the way home tonight, so it may be time to start pressing through the story here so I can start that. Reviews have been good so far.

GOBB
11-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Where does AC3 rank for you guys in the overall series? I havent even played it. Sitting in case. Caught up in other games for the time being.

Heavincent
11-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Where does AC3 rank for you guys in the overall series? I havent even played it. Sitting in case. Caught up in other games for the time being.

1. AC3
2. AC2
3. Brotherhood/Revelations
4. AC1

Jailblazers7
11-20-2012, 09:45 PM
For me:

1. AC3
2. Brotherhood
3. AC2
4. AC1
5. Revelations

Thorpesaurous
11-21-2012, 10:36 AM
3, 2, 1

I haven't played brotherhood or revelations.

I got some value out of the crafting now because I realize I have to make the stuff I need for some of the delivery missions.

nightprowler10
11-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Wow, AC3 being really overrated now. For me:

AC2
AC: Brotherhood
AC3
AC
AC: Revelations

EnoughSaid
11-23-2012, 04:51 PM
So my friend let me borrow the game but I had a quick question before starting. Is it worth to go back and play through Brotherhood and Revelations? I mean I've finished AC1 and AC2.

Rose
11-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Wow, AC3 being really overrated now. For me:

AC2
AC: Brotherhood
AC3
AC
AC: Revelations
I feel the same. But I'm also not quite finished with 3 yet, IMO it may pass up Brotherhood, but 2 will be awfully hard at this point for me.

CeltsGarlic
11-25-2012, 09:32 AM
I finished it yesterday and it was worse than AC2, brotherhood and tied with revelations. Just my opinion. Brotherhood had clearly the best environment with awesome, beautiful cities and for me, personally, easier money, buying system.
Brotherhood may be my favorite of all.

Jailblazers7
11-27-2012, 11:50 PM
I swear the one view point in the frontier is impossible to get. It's in one of those giant trees and every time I try to reach the top I end up diving into a pile of hay.

nightprowler10
11-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Stop using the jump button? I kept making that mistake because of the previous games.

Found all of of the tunnel entrances and collected all the Almanac pages in NY. Got annoyed with the pages in Boston so started working on the Trinkets instead. I've found 18/24 so far. Hoping finding the last map is more fun than the stupid sunken ship up north.

Still only about 60% I think.

Thorpesaurous
11-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I haven't played in a week or so, but the last thing I did was chew up all the tunnells, and finish off the Boston Brawler missions.

I've got a few more shipping missions, but I'm trying to upgrade my ship before I do them.

I think I'm at 74%, and I just started what is supposed to be the last run in the animus for Desmond, so I know my main mission stuff is just about done.

nightprowler10
11-29-2012, 03:53 PM
74%? Are you hitting most of the optional objectives or something? With all the little things I'd have to do to get that far, I can see myself just getting bored and giving up. Still, I'd like to reach 75% first...

Thorpesaurous
11-30-2012, 09:05 AM
74%? Are you hitting most of the optional objectives or something? With all the little things I'd have to do to get that far, I can see myself just getting bored and giving up. Still, I'd like to reach 75% first...

I've pretty much stripped the maps bare. All the treasures, feathers, trinkets, almanacs. Done all the Boston Brawler stuff, done all the tunnell stuff. And I've conciously worked on some of the other list type stuff, like the delivery stuff I've done all of. Right now I have a few theive things to figure out, and maybe a few of the soldier things. I don't remember. And I do every homestead mission as it appears.

Honestly the thing holding me back are the side objectives in the missions. I'm not restarting memories to get things like the "don't get detected", or "don't touch the water" side elements of missions. And I'm not sure it's something I'll got back and do later.

Scholar
11-30-2012, 10:33 AM
I bought this game & Revelations, but I just started Revelations the other day and haven't played it since.

It's a great game and all, but I just don't find it as entertaining as AC2. I think that was the best one by far.

I'll start AC3 as soon as I'm done with ACR.

nightprowler10
11-30-2012, 01:48 PM
I thought I would enjoy Revelations a lot more than I did because it was set in Istanbul, but I was pretty disappointed with the game. I found the ending to be very satisfying though, if that helps.

I've pretty much stripped the maps bare. All the treasures, feathers, trinkets, almanacs. Done all the Boston Brawler stuff, done all the tunnell stuff. And I've conciously worked on some of the other list type stuff, like the delivery stuff I've done all of. Right now I have a few theive things to figure out, and maybe a few of the soldier things. I don't remember. And I do every homestead mission as it appears.

Honestly the thing holding me back are the side objectives in the missions. I'm not restarting memories to get things like the "don't get detected", or "don't touch the water" side elements of missions. And I'm not sure it's something I'll got back and do later.

Yeah I didn't even know half of what you're talking about. I guess I should pay more attention to Connor's logbook! And what the hell are you supposed to do with the recipes you unlock?

Anyway, I finished the Captain Kidd stuff last night and am now working to finish all of the Homestead missions. I'm sure I'm up to 65% now. I really the idea of building your own little community in the homestead.

Thorpesaurous
11-30-2012, 03:31 PM
I thought I would enjoy Revelations a lot more than I did because it was set in Istanbul, but I was pretty disappointed with the game. I found the ending to be very satisfying though, if that helps.

Yeah I didn't even know half of what you're talking about. I guess I should pay more attention to Connor's logbook! And what the hell are you supposed to do with the recipes you unlock?

Anyway, I finished the Captain Kidd stuff last night and am now working to finish all of the Homestead missions. I'm sure I'm up to 65% now. I really the idea of building your own little community in the homestead.

The recipes are a little disappointing to me. I liked the idea at first, but a lot of them just don't lead anywhere. The inventions wind up in your house on the homestead, and get a little tidbit written about them. There are a few weapons that you can make and then use. And there are some menial items that you need to make for some of the delivery missions. A lot of the other items are pieces that you need to eventually get to the item you need for the delivery missions. Like the alcohol and medicines for example, you can't make those without barrells apparently, or glass jars, or other items like that, so you have to sort of piece your way through them backwards.

The thing I really don't get yet is the caravan stuff. I suppose I'm supposed to send out a caravan and then protect it? But I really don't know.

Jailblazers7
12-03-2012, 01:20 PM

lol, I wish we could play on the same save because we could likely combine for a 100% completion. I get way more enjoyment trying to hit all the side challenges during missions than I do from scavenging. I think the only scavenging I really enjoy in AC games is getting all the viewpoints. The panoramic view with the music gets me every time.

Thorpesaurous
12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
lol, I wish we could play on the same save because we could likely combine for a 100% completion. I get way more enjoyment trying to hit all the side challenges during missions than I do from scavenging. I think the only scavenging I really enjoy in AC games is getting all the viewpoints. The panoramic view with the music gets me every time.

That's my favorite part too. That's the first thing I do on every map, rip through and hit all the viewpoints.

I hadn't played in a while, and got a couple hours in last night and did more side achievement crap.
Disarm 10 Jagers and kill them with their own weapon. That wasn't so hard, except actually getting the Jagers to come out you have to be at Level Three Notorious. Then to take their weapon you have to be bare handed, which means you're running around being chased by everyone with no weapon activated. I could get a couple Jagers each time before being killed. So it took me like 5 lives to get it.
Then I did the use a human shield 10 times while being shot it. That was a pain in the ass too. I hadn't done it since the initial tutorial. It was pretty easy once I figured it out, but again, you gotta be pretty well surrounded.

One of these days I'll actually finish the story line I suppose.

Thorpesaurous
12-06-2012, 10:13 AM
So I have three more club lists to finish and I believe I'll be done with all of them.

One is the Frontiersman Club, where I just have one achievement left, to listen to all of George Washington's conversations, which I'm guessing I just haven't opened the last few yet.

Second is the Hometead Club, where I have to observe Homesteaders doing Homesteady things, which is pretty stupid. Mostly I just have to run around and catch them at the right time, which I sort of do at my leisure.

But the third, the theive's club, I have to catch a courier, and frankly I'm sure I've ever even seen a courier.
Anyone have any experience with this?
I've looked online and found some advice, but nothing has worked so far. And even the advice I'm getting is stuff like go to this spot and wait half an hour and one might show up.

nightprowler10
12-06-2012, 05:54 PM
I've seen those guys running around in forts but never tried to catch one.

code green
12-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Just picked this game up yesterday and played for an hour or so. I haven't played any of the other ones, but the American Revolution is my favorite point in history. Did all the other ones start out this slow? Just doing a ton of running in completely pitch black environments and I'm not feeling it so far.

Thorpesaurous
12-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Just picked this game up yesterday and played for an hour or so. I haven't played any of the other ones, but the American Revolution is my favorite point in history. Did all the other ones start out this slow? Just doing a ton of running in completely pitch black environments and I'm not feeling it so far.

You've gotta get off the boat. Then it'll start to pick up. I felt that way too.

nightprowler10
12-13-2012, 06:38 PM
If you're in it for the historical aspect, I would really recommend going back to the beginning. The original AC is a very repetitive game but I found it very thrilling because it was surrounding my favorite period at the time, the 3rd Crusade. I actually replayed it last year and still enjoyed the main storyline immensely.

ballup
12-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Don't feed the chickens in public (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArcrA8ZgGuc), it was apparently illegal back then.

nightprowler10
12-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Haha, wtf? Never had that happen to me.

Thorpesaurous
12-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Just beat it over the weekend. I could really stand to not have the Desmond storyline at all, which I've said before.

That said it was a reasonable ending to his story arc. I just wasn't thrilled with the running around at the end trying to trigger all the jibberish cut scenes.

I also pulled down some DLC. Added a few dopey missions, but nothing huge. I have a few more Naval Battles to do. I'm a little perturbed about the financial layout, because I'm a lot of dollars from maxing out my ship upgrades, and I don't have many money making options left short of killing random soldiers or tracking down animals. And I don't want to do these missions without upping my ship first.

I'm not sure how much more I'm going to play.

I'm short on three lists. I still need to catch the Courier. I have to observe a bunch of Homestead activities. And I obviously missed a George Washington speach. I don't see killing myself to get these couple things as a possiblility, but we'll see.

I was at Gamestop yesterday picking up a WWE13 for a christmas gift, and I grabbed the complete Walking Dead game for like 20 bucks, so I may give that a go. And I also still have Hitman sitting around waiting to be loaded up.

Rose
12-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Finished an hour ago. Really solid ending for Desmond like you guys said. Pleased with the way Connor's story ended. The only thing I didn't like was the bar scene. I was kinda like...:wtf: Alright. Felt like a bit of a let down compared to previous games where the final kill is usually a big deal, and a very long sequence. In comparison it felt kinda short to me. Also I doubt I'll ever get full sync on that mission.

Terrific game. Early rumors are the 4th one will be set in Brazil. After last year's rumors that this one was going to take place in Egypt, I still want that.:lol But Brazil could be a fantastic place as well. I just really hope they take their time and put it out in 2-3 years.

Anyone else getting the King George DLC?

Heavincent
12-20-2012, 11:16 PM
So I'm playing through this game again and the Paul Revere midnight ride part is just ridiculous. "Try avoiding the attention of the redcoa-TO THE LEFT CONNOR!" :oldlol:

You'd think they would have put more effort into that mission, considering it is a pretty well known story in American history.

nightprowler10
12-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Yes, I wanted to kill Paul Revere. Part of me thinks they made Revere a loudmouth on purpose.

Rose
12-21-2012, 12:44 AM
I enjoyed the Revere part. Honestly the only thing that annoyed me about that was the fact that the doors never lit up like they're supposed to say Hey press B here to interact. So I had to walk around to all of them and hit b from multiple angles to beat the mission. But I got full sync first time easily.

nightprowler10
12-21-2012, 02:28 PM
The door you need is lit up in eagle vision though. It's just tough to see unless you're somewhat close.

Rose
12-21-2012, 08:42 PM
It didn't work for me, don't know why.

Recipes are so pointless. I have one homestead mission left and it's the separate these two dudes fighting and for the life of me, I cannot beat it.:oldlol:

Almost got all the ship missions done except one, and I need to do some more upgrades on the ship, need about a ton of feathers after buying that map, 8 chests, and a ton of club missions left. I wish there was an easy way to see what club missions there are to do.

Oh and two forts, one of which I need to find, but obviously it's with one of those chests. Every time I spawned into a fort to get the treasure chest (I rarely do the unlock the chest things because I hate those) there's always one red coat there, and all the patriots run and start hitting/stabbing him.:oldlol:

nightprowler10
12-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Yeah the door's aren't as bright, but they're definitely lit up in eagle vision.

Haha. Yeah I struggled with the separating the dudes thing too. You have to use both sticks to push them apart little by little. It's pretty annoying. If you still gotta do that I think you have a lot more homestead missions left...

nightprowler10
12-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Just popped the game back in and had an update. I now see hunting club missions on my map. Interesting.

Rose
12-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Yeah the door's aren't as bright, but they're definitely lit up in eagle vision.

Haha. Yeah I struggled with the separating the dudes thing too. You have to use both sticks to push them apart little by little. It's pretty annoying. If you still gotta do that I think you have a lot more homestead missions left...
I tried again, and I couldn't do it after ten more minutes. I might hit it again tomorrow, watch a little youtube on it, and then tackle it. I can't believe I'm struggling at this one.:oldlol: Well I was assuming it was the last one because I've done 5-6 others that were already on the map. I enjoy the homestead missions.

The boston brawler sailor guy is killing me too. I rage quit after we ko'd each other at the same time.

The hunting club ones so far are pretty solid. I need one more bear claw on that one. Spent a good 30-40 minutes finding bears.

nightprowler10
12-22-2012, 02:57 AM
Yeah there's a ton more homestead missions. Some are annoying as hell, but the end is worth it.

I was actually talking about the hunting missions that are like actual side missions, like where you have to find the man eater bear, alpha wolf, etc. I just finished all of those and the Boston brawler missions.

With the sailor you have to disarm him first. Or cheat like I did and have your assassins as your bodyguards before you start the fight and let them do most of your work. :lol

The ropemaker one was the toughest. You have to get him close to a table and let Connor use that to knock him out.

Rose
12-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Yeah there's a ton more homestead missions. Some are annoying as hell, but the end is worth it.

I was actually talking about the hunting missions that are like actual side missions, like where you have to find the man eater bear, alpha wolf, etc. I just finished all of those and the Boston brawler missions.

With the sailor you have to disarm him first. Or cheat like I did and have your assassins as your bodyguards before you start the fight and let them do most of your work. :lol

The ropemaker one was the toughest. You have to get him close to a table and let Connor use that to knock him out.
Looking at the homestead missions I got one in New York which I did earlier, and it appears the others are gonna show up after I do the stupid fight one.:facepalm

I haven't found the man eater bear. I went looking for him and somehow found the two Cougars instead,(I got distracted by feathers I think and went off course :lol) and was like...oh well. And did some frontier missions on that end of the map.

Oh man, I didn't even think of that. I'm gonna try that. Thanks for the tip! I got 59% sync right now. my goal is 75. I think Because there's an overabundance of feathers I need, and homestead missions that should be take up some, all the brawler missions and I'll probably do some club stuff. And I gotta build Franklin's inventions. Because I put that off, entirely because I rarely go into the general stores, so I'd never see him.

Rose
12-29-2012, 12:39 AM
72%:pimp:

Burgz V2
12-29-2012, 01:23 PM
hey guys

i played every AC game and have yet to play this one.

Should I pick it up? or is there something better I should pick up that's out right now? Haven't bought a game since Sleeping Dogs, been busy as shit.

Future rep for any help:cheers:

CeltsGarlic
12-29-2012, 02:11 PM
hey guys

Should I pick it up? or is there something better I should pick up that's out right now? Haven't bought a game since Sleeping Dogs, been busy as shit.

Oh boy, future rep!

Absolutelly its worth it. Even tho,IMO, its one of the worst AC games, but its still AC game and it delivers. Story is good, and there are a lot of other things to learn and to do, but it doesnt reach other games. Thats just my opinion.

code green
12-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh boy, future rep!

Absolutelly its worth it. Even tho,IMO, its one of the worst AC games, but its still AC game and it delivers. Story is good, and there are a lot of other things to learn and to do, but it doesnt reach other games. Thats just my opinion.

Damn, makes me want to go play the earlier ones then. This was the first AC game I've played and love the storyline so far. Only up to the part after Connor and Haytham team up though.

Rose
12-30-2012, 01:58 AM
hey guys

It's solid. I'd rank it behind Brotherhood and 2, but definitely above Revelations and 1. Wraps it all up nicely.

Timmy D for MVP
12-30-2012, 03:09 AM
So I got this one without having played any of the others except Bloodlines which I'm not sure even really counts. Thus far I really dig it. Pretty decent stuff.

Burgz V2
12-30-2012, 10:07 AM
thanks, will go out and get this then. Will rep y'all when Jeff brings it back :lol

nightprowler10
01-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Damn, makes me want to go play the earlier ones then. This was the first AC game I've played and love the storyline so far. Only up to the part after Connor and Haytham team up though.
If you like this storyline, you'll enjoy all the rest. Revelations is probably the weakest of all, but it's still pretty decent. AC2 was my favorite along with Brotherhood. Even the original AC, while repetitive, had an excellent story.

nightprowler10
02-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Just got the King George DLC. Ep 1 is pretty cool. Washington is a bastard as anticipated, but Connor gets a wolf cloak power which is really badass. Got a good couple of hours worth of play and I haven't even finished the new map yet.

Rose
02-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Just got the King George DLC. Ep 1 is pretty cool. Washington is a bastard as anticipated, but Connor gets a wolf cloak power which is really badass. Got a good couple of hours worth of play and I haven't even finished the new map yet.
Sweet, I'll probably pick it up then.