PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio slowly regressing back to his Euro production

Derivative
03-06-2012, 12:22 AM
5.6 ppg, 7.6 apg, 18.4% shooting.

Lol and people were saying he's better than kyrie irving.

FireMcFailPlease
03-06-2012, 12:23 AM
shooting %age and points. all that matters when it comes rookie evaluation.

nice 13 wins there, kyrie.

stallionaire
03-06-2012, 12:24 AM
He's running the offense at a much higher level than what people said when he came here.

He's still exceeded expectations with his defensive abilities.

OP is a troll f.aggot who doesn't watch Rubio.

RedBlackAttack
03-06-2012, 12:25 AM

nice 13 wins there, kyrie.
You serious?

A starting lineup of Kyrie, Anthony Parker, Omri Casspi, Antawn Jamison and Ryan Hollins...

And you are talking about wins and losses?

Bucket_Nakedz
03-06-2012, 12:25 AM
who?

FireMcFailPlease
03-06-2012, 12:27 AM
You serious?
well what?

rubio gets more assists, rebounds, and steals.

and has 7 more wins.

Xover
03-06-2012, 12:27 AM
who?

I heard his favourite number growing up was 1/9 but he settled for number 9 instead on his jersey

stallionaire
03-06-2012, 12:28 AM
well what?

and has 7 more wins.

InsideHoops kids only look at fg% when evaluating point guards.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

RedBlackAttack
well what?

and has 7 more wins.
Parker, Casspi, Jamison, Hollins

Those are the other four starters. The T-Wolves' bench is arguably better than that group.

MK2V1GP
OP = homo

FireMcFailPlease
I heard his favourite number growing up was 1/9 but he settled for number 9 instead on his jersey
god damn that was awesome!

RedBlackAttack
03-06-2012, 12:29 AM
No, you guys are right... Rubio is playing much better than Kyrie.

stallionaire

I laughed. :lol

Guys, he's 21. His shooting can be solved with a few off seasons of serious work by a good tutor.

I'd say his court vision and defensive ability make up for his shooting right now as a rookie.

He's a great point guard and you know a lot of teams want him.

RoseCity07
Hey, he is an elite passer. I just wonder if scouting is going to catch up to him. Pretty soon he's going to have to prove he can make a shot.

FireMcFailPlease
Parker, Casspi, Jamison, Hollins

Those are the other four starters. The T-Wolves' bench is arguably better than that group.
you play in the east with an 8-17 conference record.

Shepseskaf
03-06-2012, 12:30 AM
No, but those things do matter, despite the desperate (and hilarious) attempts of Wolves fanatics to minimize the issue.

And Kyrie craps all over Rubio is just about every aspect of the game.

RedBlackAttack
03-06-2012, 12:31 AM
So, you are saying that the lineup I posted is perfectly adequate? Maybe I should post the starting lineups of the teams ahead of us? I'm sure they are just as abhorrent.

Qwyjibo
03-06-2012, 12:31 AM
His shooting is pretty damn brutal. Luckily he plays with a good scoring frontcourt so he's not relied much for that. While he does other things well, his lack of shooting efficiency could definitely prevent him from being great. Even Kidd and Rondo (two names I'm sure people will bring up) are/were more efficient with their scoring.

Oh also the wins argument here is silly. The Twolves have more wins than the Cavs. Not Rubio more than Irving.

FireMcFailPlease
03-06-2012, 12:32 AM
So, you are saying that the lineup I posted is perfectly adequate? Maybe I should post the starting lineups of the teams ahead of us? I'm sure they are just as abhorrent.
you should.

then ill say we have the same players as last year.

and already 11 wins ahead of last years pace.

RedBlackAttack
03-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Ridnour played 40 minutes tonight.... Rubio played 25.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with Rubio's inability to hit even the most wide-open shot on the planet?

G-train
And Kyrie craps all over Rubio is just about every aspect of the game.

If we are going to be real, Irving craps all over Rubio as a shooter, but there are other parts of the games that each are better than the other at.
You dumbass.

FireMcFailPlease
His shooting is pretty damn brutal. Luckily he plays with a good scoring frontcourt so he's not relied much for that. While he does other things well, his lack of shooting efficiency could definitely prevent him from being great. Even Kidd and Rondo (two names I'm sure people will bring up) are/were more efficient with their scoring.

Oh also the wins argument here is silly. The Twolves have more wins than the Cavs. Not Rubio more than Irving.
yea, rondo and kidd were lights out in their rookie years.

RedBlackAttack
you should.

Clearly, that is due to Rubio's 25 minutes.

I think you are applauding the wrong "Rick." The guy on the bench has made all the difference.

FireMcFailPlease
03-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Ridnour played 40 minutes tonight.... Rubio played 25.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with Rubio's inability to hit even the most wide-open shot on the planet?
or rubio got into foul trouble and missed most of the first half?

ridnour ran 0 point, and when jj barea was in, the team wheels were stuck in the mud.

you dont even watch our games do you?

RedBlackAttack
03-06-2012, 12:35 AM
If we are going to be real, Irving craps all over Rubio as a shooter, but there are other parts of the games that each are better than the other at.
You dumbass.
I like how people seem to think the only edge that Irving has on other PGs is shooting. It really shows how little people have seen of him.

stallionaire
We can sit here and put up the shooting of star point guards in their rookie year but we have all seen those stats.

The fact is, Rubio is legit. He has a magnifying glass on him becaues of his rookie year and the hype of his wait to join the NBA.

G-train
Clearly, that is due to Rubio's 25 minutes.

I think you are applauding the wrong "Rick." The guy on the bench has made all the difference.

It's not a stretch to think Rubio has had a bigger impact on the wolves than Irving has had on the Cavs this season.

RedBlackAttack
or rubio got into foul trouble and missed most of the first half?

ridnour ran 0 point, and when jj barea was in, the team wheels were stuck in the mud.

you dont even watch our games do you?
I'm sure I watch more Wolves games than you watch Cavs games. But, you still feel the need to speak on our record and circumstances?

FireMcFailPlease
I like how people seem to think the only edge that Irving has on other PGs is shooting. It really shows how little people have seen of him.
look at the damn op.

MK2V1GP
03-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Minn/Rubio fans shouldn't even enter threads like this just to stick it to the dumb OPs.

iDefend5
03-06-2012, 12:36 AM
You serious?

A starting lineup of Kyrie, Anthony Parker, Omri Casspi, Antawn Jamison and Ryan Hollins...

And you are talking about wins and losses?
Dude that does not help your case. You are bringing up the 2x Euroleague MVP to the conversation. It's a joke that they only have 13 wins with a beast like him. Didn't you hear that he has getting his statue built in Europe?

FireMcFailPlease
03-06-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm sure I watch more Wolves games than you watch Cavs games. But, you still feel the need to speak on our record and circumstances?
ok ill stop. w/l from this year compared to last year isnt important.

we're not 11 games ahead of last years win total.

ricky rubios a scrub. kyrie irving is going to win championships like so many scoring pg's do.

RedBlackAttack
03-06-2012, 12:38 AM
It's not a stretch to think Rubio has had a bigger impact on the wolves than Irving has had on the Cavs this season.
Yeah. Sure.

Believe what you will.

G-train

Well I didnt say that did I????
I said he craps all over Rubio as a shooter. What else does he CRAP ALL OVER Rubio as?
Seriously read the post, I am comparing two great young PG's not Irving and CJ Watson.

LBJMVP

milicic > hollins
love >>>>> jamison
johnson = gee (beasley >> gee, williams = gee)
ridnour > parker

irving >>>>>>>>>>>>> rubio

G-train
03-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Yeah. Sure.

Believe what you will.

Rubio has been brilliant this season. how many timberwolves games have you watched? honestly answer that question.

RedBlackAttack
03-06-2012, 12:39 AM

ricky rubios a scrub. kyrie irving is going to win championships like so many scoring pg's do.
Btw, Rubio and Kevin Love had the same number of personal fouls tonight... Didn't stop Love from playing 43 minutes. Rubio's minutes have been cut due to his inability to make ANY shots. Glancing through the game logs will tell you that.

The guy is on the mother of all cold streaks. He doesn't have to be a "scoring point guard" to be able to avoid gong 1-for-8 every night.

FireMcFailPlease
03-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Yeah. Sure.

Believe what you will.
ok. :roll:

ricky rubios impact on the wolves is bigger than kyries on the cavs.

LBJMVP
03-06-2012, 12:40 AM

you realize that when we had varajoe we were a .500 team...
no we have the worst starter center in the league.

StroShow4
03-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Rubio was never better than Kyrie. That being said, I wouldn't say Rubio is "regressing." Young players have good and bad stretches. Rubio is going to be a very good NBA player.

RedBlackAttack

Stick with your guy. I'll stick with mine. We'll see who is happier in the long run.

G-train
Btw, Rubio and Kevin Love had the same number of personal fouls tonight... Didn't stop Love from playing 43 minutes. Rubio's minutes have been cut due to his inability to make ANY shots. Glancing through the game logs will tell you that.

The guy is on the mother of all cold streaks. He doesn't have to be a "scoring point guard" to be able to avoid gong 1-for-8 every night.

game logs, thought as much lol. outta this cavs homer pit.

LBJMVP

oh god that is a hilarious post... the cavs could arguably have 0 wins without kyrie, and the wolves would still be pretty well off without rubio.

FireMcFailPlease

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=320305016

2 fouls in the first 8 minutes.

leopoldstotch
when rajon rondo came to the NBA, his jump shot was horrid. look at him now. i'm sure rubio is going to have the same type of growing pains rondo went through.

Derivative
03-06-2012, 12:43 AM
when rajon rondo came to the NBA, his jump shot was horrid. look at him now. i'm sure rubio is going to have the same type of growing pains rondo went through.

rondo is still a horrible jumpshooter now. rondo relies on his speed and athleticism to score, which is more than what rubio has

FireMcFailPlease
03-06-2012, 12:43 AM
oh god that is a hilarious post... the cavs could arguably have 0 wins without kyrie, and the wolves would still be pretty well off without rubio.
yea. jj barea running the point.

this is going no where.

cavs fans dont like rubio because hes on a winning team, a team that had 17 total wins last year...and now has 20.

wolves fans are sick of hearing about shooting %ages and point totals when it comes to rubio. hes not goin to average 20+ a game in his career. he'll be a pass first pg who sets up other players to make shots, see kevin love 4th in the league in scoring and nikola pekovics emergence.

if kyrie irving ever does that for his team mates...props.

honest question kyrie fans...who do you think the wolves would rather play with. kyrie or ricky?

RedBlackAttack
03-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Rubio has been brilliant this season. how many timberwolves games have you watched? honestly answer that question.
Several. He is a flashy player with good court vision and passing ability. However, his ability to score is a major liability. And, it is getting worse.

There is no area of Kyrie's game as bad as Rubio's inability to score. It is embarrassing at times.

How many Cavs games have you watched?

Shepseskaf

Notice how the Rubio ******gers are desperate to avoid this point?

When I suggested that Rubio might lose his starting spot over the lousy shooting, it was like I had said something bad about his mother.

The OP is exactly right. This is the Euroleague Ricardo Rubio all over again. When the shooting % drops close to 30%, things will get really interesting.

Miserio
We have to remember the fact that Ricky has never played that many games in such short period of time, it was obvious from the beginning that he was going to slow down at some point, he's gonna get used to it.

Qwyjibo
03-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Severe misunderstanding of correlation =/= causation in this thread.

FireMcFailPlease
03-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Notice how the Rubio ******gers are desperate to avoid this point?

When I suggested that Rubio might lose his starting spot over the lousy shooting, it was like I had said something bad about his mother.

The OP is exactly right. This is the Euroleague Ricardo Rubio all over again. When the shooting % drops close to 30%, things will get really interesting.
thought you were leaving?

rubio isnt losing his starting spot to JJ barea of all players (0-7 tonight, plays horrible in first half of games)

jesus.

LBJMVP
03-06-2012, 12:46 AM

this is going no where.

cavs fans dont like rubio because hes on a winning team, a team that had 17 total wins last year...and now has 20.

wolves fans are sick of hearing about shooting %ages and point totals when it comes to rubio. hes not goin to average 20+ a game in his career. he'll be a pass first pg who sets up other players to make shots, see kevin love 4th in the league in scoring and nikola pekovics emergence.

kevin love was doing that last year...
cleveland beat minnesota by double digits this year and kyrie outplayed rubio :applause:

TaLvsCuaL
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
RedBlackAttack and Shepseskaf united by their hatred of Rubio. Interesting :lol

Magic731
I really think it's pretty obvious and has been all season that Irving at this stage is a better player than Rubio. Maybe not miles better, but definitely better. It's also no secret that Rubio HAS been much worse over the past few weeks. he is a rookie though, so inconsistency is expected.

The wins argument is also ridiclous. The Timberwolves have a MUCH better roster than the Cavs and are also being coached by one of the best coaches in the league.

tpols
Several. He is a flashy player with good court vision and passing ability. However, his ability to score is a major liability. And, it is getting worse.

There is no area of Kyrie's game as bad as Rubio's inability to score. It is embarrassing at times.

How many Cavs games have you watched?
And Kyie is a better scorer now than Jason kidd was in his top 3 MVP years.. doesnt change the fact that Kidd was lightyears better overall. One area doesnt define a player.. especially when its one of the lesser roles true points should take on.

FireMcFailPlease
Stick with your guy. I'll stick with mine. We'll see who is happier in the long run.
sounds like fun.

Shepseskaf
03-06-2012, 12:48 AM
rubio isnt losing his starting spot to JJ barea of all players (0-7 tonight, plays horrible in first half of games)
Yah, we'll see.

You can count on me to stay right on this issue.

LBJMVP
We have to remember the fact that Ricky has never played that many games in such short period of time, it was obvious from the beginning that he was going to slow down at some point, he's gonna get used to it.

kyrie irving had played 11 since high school before entering the NBA... your point is invalid.

FireMcFailPlease
kevin love was doing that last year...
cleveland beat minnesota by double digits this year and kyrie outplayed rubio :applause:
kevin love wasnt taking over games when flynn/ridnour were running points the way he feeds off of rubio.

FireMcFailPlease
Yah, we'll see.

You can count on me to stay right on this issue.
:roll:

my god. you do realize wes johnson still has a starting spot on this team. and he'll lose his job long before rubio does to jj barea.

Qwyjibo
03-06-2012, 12:49 AM
And Kyie is a better scorer now than Jason kidd was in his top 3 MVP years.. doesnt change the fact that Kidd was lightyears better overall. One area doesnt define a player.. especially when its one of the lesser roles true points should take on.
Scoring efficiently is a lesser role for a guard? The point guard's job is to make the most efficient decisions on offense whether that is to setup teammates or score himself. It's not just to pass.

I think Rubio is having a damn nice season for a rookie but the truth is that his shooting is/will be a big liability if it isn't improved.

Miserio
03-06-2012, 12:51 AM
kyrie irving had played 11 since high school before entering the NBA... your point is invalid.
I'm not comparing him to Kyrie and I don't even care. We all talking about Ricky and he'd played no more than 2 games a week since he's a kid, this is a big step.

LBJMVP
03-06-2012, 12:53 AM
kevin love wasnt taking over games when flynn/ridnour were running points the way he feeds off of rubio.

he is averaging 5 more points
and
less rebounds

love was a double double machine last year... best since wilt
had a 30/30 game.

he was going to get better this year without rubio...

LBJMVP
03-06-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm not comparing him to Kyrie and I don't even care. We all talking about Ricky and he'd played no more than 2 games a week since he's a kid, this is a big step.

same with kyrie though. so it's a big step for him as well... unless 3 game in a week during his high school year counts.

RedBlackAttack
03-06-2012, 12:57 AM
RedBlackAttack and Shepseskaf united by their hatred of Rubio. Interesting :lol
I have nothing against Rubio. I actually enjoy watching him play when I can. I didn't bring Irving into this thread. I simply responded when this ridiculous comparison began gaining momentum.

:oldlol: @ my "hatred" of Rubio.

FireMcFailPlease
03-06-2012, 12:59 AM
he is averaging 5 more points
and
less rebounds

love was a double double machine last year... best since wilt
had a 30/30 game.

he was going to get better this year without rubio...
alright im done here.

stallionaire
03-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Here's the truth:

Ricky Rubio has been deemed 'untouchable' when it comes to listening to trade proposals for the young point guard.

Greats like Magic Johnson have dubbed him as the next great legit guard.

People who watch him play know what he does on the court doesn't translate well, and his shooting is as awful as many people point out.

The thing is, he's young and legit. Critisizing a rookie this hard is hilarious. I've never seen anything like this. A lot of guys here love to point out how much of a failure he is but it's only because he's putting up numbers in other areas that would have you thinking he's a vet.

Derivative
03-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Here's the truth:

Ricky Rubio has been deemed 'untouchable' when it comes to listening to trade proposals for the young point guard.

People who watch him play know what he does on the court doesn't translate well, and his shooting is as awful as many people point out.

The thing is, he's young and legit. Critisizing a rookie this hard is hilarious. I've never seen anything like this. A lot of guys here love to point out how much of a failure he is but it's only because he's putting up numbers in other areas that would have you thinking he's a vet.

i am not criticizing him, i am just saying he's regressing to his euro stats

LBJMVP
03-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Here's the truth:

never said he wasnt a good player... just that kyrie is better and i thought that it was pretty obvious to anyone who watches basketball.

one of the broadcasters from the other team said that irving will eventually be a hall of famer while watching him. that is a big compliment.

stallionaire
03-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Kyrie a HoFer... and he's 19? Very bold and stupid statement. He has a lot of intangibles and the way he conducts himself lend to a great and long career. But HoF is a whole different story.

Rubio needs to put his head down and work because he's still in Rookie of the Year contention.

Derivative
03-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Kyrie a HoFer... and he's 19? Very bold and stupid statement. He has a lot of intangibles and the way he conducts himself lend to a great and long career. But HoF is a whole different story.

Rubio needs to put his head down and work because he's still in Rookie of the Year contention.

you can say the same thing about how magic johnson called rubio the next great PG

StroShow4
03-06-2012, 01:08 AM
one of the broadcasters from the other team said that irving will eventually be a hall of famer while watching him. that is a big compliment.

That was Heinsohn, too. To play for a team that isn't the Celtics and get a compliment like that out of him... if nothing else it means he was f@cking incredible for the night. :oldlol:

stallionaire
03-06-2012, 01:19 AM
you can say the same thing about how magic johnson called rubio the next great PG

great pg =! HoFer

:facepalm

SyRyanYang
03-06-2012, 01:26 AM

Future negged:rockon:

Maniak
03-06-2012, 01:46 AM
I just read through this whole thread, and it's amazing how a team whose been nothing but garbage for many years is now becoming an annoying fanbase.

Please Minny fans, don't turn into the Clippers fans.

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 01:48 AM
Rubio doesn't take that many shots per game though so it really isn't hurting his team that much. He averages about what less than 10 shots per game? If he were averaging around 15-20 shots per game and was shooting the same percentage than we would have a problem.

Obviously you would want Rubio to make those shots oppose to miss it but it is not like he is hurting his team by taking those shots. I really doubt the shots he took were bad either. They were probably really good looks but he just failed to convert, it happens.

Derivative
03-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Rubio doesn't take that many shots per game though so it really isn't hurting his team that much. He averages about what less than 10 shots per game? If he were averaging around 15-20 shots per game and was shooting the same percentage than we would have a problem.

Obviously you would want Rubio to make those shots oppose to miss it but it is not like he is hurting his team by taking those shots. I really doubt the shots he took were bad either. They were probably really good looks but he just failed to convert, it happens.

that's why for this reason rubio will play reduced minutes and not play at all in games final minutes, just like how he was played in euroleague

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 04:46 PM
All the idiots that trash talked early in the season got exposed. I was right, they were wrong.

LMFAO at the morons that were calling Rubio next Magic, better than Nash, etc.

I told you he was awful in Europe, and now you fools that doubted it are being owned. Rubio is fool's gold, just like I said all along. All flash, no substance.

AirTupac
03-06-2012, 04:47 PM
All the idiots that trash talked early in the season got exposed. I was right, they were wrong.

I told you he was awful in Europe, and now you fools that doubted it are being owned. Rubio is fool's gold, just like I said all along. All flash, no substance.

3 time MVP
5 Time Champion
Top 50 GOAT List

all age at 18

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Dude that does not help your case. You are bringing up the 2x Euroleague MVP to the conversation. It's a joke that they only have 13 wins with a beast like him. Didn't you hear that he has getting his statue built in Europe?

Rubio played in the same league and NEVER won a single MVP award.

Dude, that shows how good Rubio is.

Next time, don't even bother posting.

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 04:53 PM

this is going no where.

honest question kyrie fans...who do you think the wolves would rather play with. kyrie or ricky?

Pekovic and Love would put up the same numbers with or without Rubio. Pekovic was a damn good player in Euroleague, while Rubio was a SCRUB there. You would be laughed off of any European basketball forum for trying to claim that Rubio somehow made Pekovic. You are just trolling.

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 04:56 PM
thought you were leaving?

jesus.

He was often benched in the last 2 years in place of Jaka Lakovic and Victor Sada. Of course, the Wolves don't have guards of that caliber, so I guess he is safe, considering the level of the Wolves roster.

LBJMVP
03-06-2012, 04:56 PM

this is going no where.

if the wolves and cavs switched kyrie and rubio then the cavs would have a way worse record and the timberwolves would be NBA finals darkhorses
:lol

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 04:59 PM

European teams have two game practices a day. The NBA teams have 5-10 in a month, and sometimes 2-3 in a month. Childress said he played more in Greece than he did in the NBA.

So this is a false MYTH.

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Here's the truth:

Magic Johnson's IQ is somewhere above Charles Barkley and somewhere below Kenny Smith. In other words, his IQ is around the 75-80 mark. Magic Johnson does not know shit.

Eric Cartman
03-06-2012, 05:01 PM
if the wolves and cavs switched kyrie and rubio then the cavs would have a way worse record and the timberwolves would be NBA finals darkhorses
:lol

That's one of that if's question put that guy here switch him to that team deals. Facts are facts that while Kyrie is better in my opinion Rubio along with Adelman have been a big reason for their success this year.

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 05:09 PM
i am not criticizing him, i am just saying he's regressing to his euro stats

Keep in mind that the Rubio lovers have for years been calling him "dominant", "best player in Europe", "greatest Euroleague point guard ever", and every other nonsense joke they could come up with.

For years Rubio has been stinking up Euroleague, and the Rubio lovers have called him the best player in Europe.

Get used to it. According to Rubio lovers 30% shooting 5 points and 3 assists a game was "the best player in the history of Europe".

Anyone that would argue with them or call them out on their insane BS would automatically be labeled as a "hater", even if they actually were not a hater, but were simply being realistic and objective about Rubio.

Rubio lovers are delusional. Here is how they see it:

FACT: Rubio was the worst player on the Spanish national team.

Rubio lovers: "Rubio led Spain to win championships" (even though they actually got worse since he joined the team.

FACT: Rubio was the worst player on Barca.

Rubio lovers: "Rubio led Barca to the Euroleague championship" - even though he was benched most of the time in the 4th quarter because of his bad play and even though he was the sole reason why they lost the ACB Finals in 2010 and the Euroleague playoffs in 2011.

Rubio lovers are insane. For years everyone in Europe had to listen to NBA fans tell us "Rubio is the best player in Europe", when he was shooting 2-8, or 1-9 and generally being awful in Euroleague games all the time. Get used to it. The Rubio lovers are freaking nuts.

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 05:11 PM
3 time MVP
5 Time Champion
Top 50 GOAT List

all age at 18

Welcome to ignore list. That was one lie too many.

stallionaire
03-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Rubio is doing much better than a lot of other rookie pgs. he has time to turn it around for RoY.

It's funny euroleague avoided the forum for the first portion of the season when rubio was doing well.

03-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Welcome to ignore list. That was one lie too many.

LOL.

What a ****ing loss that'll be, way to show him :roll:

Anyway, I suggest not even reading what Euroleague says or responding to anything beyond laughing at him, as for Kyrie vs Rubio: I have to say it's looking pretty clear cut now and in the future and Irving is going to be damn good, Rubio needs to play less flashy, work on shooting, etc. He's got the potential to get things figured out and sure up the fundamentals though.

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Rubio is doing much better than a lot of other rookie pgs. he has time to turn it around for RoY.

It's funny euroleague avoided the forum for the first portion of the season when rubio was doing well.

No I did not. I said he was the same exact player as he was at age 16 and that he was fool's gold. All flash and no substance. I said hew as playing against ZERO defense NBA competition, which he was, and that NBA teams had NEVER EVER seen him play, which was true.

NBA teams NEVER scout or watch any players in Europe. That's a 100% lie, created by NBA marketing.

I said he would play better in the NBA, because the game is more open and there is less defense. I also said he can't shoot, can't score, and will be a liability on offense against any actual real defense.

I was right. You should have listened to what I said, as I have watched him for years.

And again, I have ALWAYS said he would do better in the NBA, because there is less defense in the NBA. I have never said he could not do OK in the NBA. I just argued against all the BS nonsense hype.

"Best player in Europe" - when in truth he was MAYBE a top 20 Euroleague point guard.

I'm not a Rubio hater and never have been one. Simply telling the truth about Rubio, gets you labeled a "Rubio hater" by the Rubio lovers.

stallionaire
03-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Rubio is legit, he will get better at shooting. You just think he'll stay this way and he's ****ing 21.

LBJMVP
03-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Rubio is legit, he will get better at shooting. You just think he'll stay this way and he's ****ing 21.

you ever heard of rajon rondo?

DukeDelonte13
03-06-2012, 05:39 PM
F*ck Kyrie v. Rubio nonsense. They are both very different players, both very good in their own right. Comparing them is comparing apples to oranges.

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 05:44 PM

No. I have always aid he will get better and do fine in the NBA. I have ALWAYS said that. I have just disputed the BULL SHIT claims by Rubio lovers .

As far as his shooting goes..............he shoots the same now as he did at age 16. He sent the last 2 years working every day with Navarro (top 5 probably shooter on the planet) and still can't shoot.

Rubio has had 2-3 private coaches working with him every day the last 2-3 years on his shooting.............still can't shoot.

Most NBA fans are delusional. Rubio is NOT a "rookie". He is a season veteran player that has been working on his jump shot with top level coaches for YEARS.

This whole, "when he gets one off season to work with an actual NBA coach he will improve his shooting" line is BS. People that believe this are idiots that think the whole world is the USA.

Believe or not, he has been working for YEARS on his shooting with top level coaches. The fact is, he's not a good shooter and probably never will be. I am sure he can improve and probably will - but improvement for him would be to something like 40%............even that would be a huge improvement.

Rubio is what he is. He's the SAME player now as he was at age 16. The, "he's only 21" argument is in all honestly completely stupid and bogus. Because he is almost a finished basketball product NOW.

Truth is, he will get more experience, and physically mature. That will be his basic growth in his game.

Droid101
03-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Rubio has had 2-3 private coaches working with him every day the last 2-3 years on his shooting.............still can't shoot.

And watch, after one summer with a real NBA shooting coach, I bet he gets better immediately starting next season.

:roll: :roll:

knickswin
03-06-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't think Rubio is that great. He can't shoot at all, and I really don't see him improving considering he's been a pro for years. he's not good at scoring in other ways either.

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 05:47 PM
And watch, after one summer with a real NBA shooting coach, I bet he gets better immediately starting next season.

He had 3 months with NBA shooting coaches and still can't shoot. You have never gotten anything right.

Why can't he shoot now after 3 months of NBA coaches working with him during the lockout?

You are a real dumb ass.

stallionaire
03-06-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm okay with him shooting 40% if he can work on the following:

- Ability to drive at big defenders. Rubio is shying away from the NBA big men like Bynum when he should be looking for a hit while laying it up.

-Reducing turnovers. It's not a huge issue but a lot of times there are unneccesary passes in his arsenal.

His shooting isn't the biggest problem right now. He is a few pieces away from being a formiddable 1 option.

Getting to 40% in conjunction with his play making ability would be decent enough for the teams needs.

stallionaire
03-06-2012, 05:48 PM

He should hire Dirks coach.

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm okay with him shooting 40% if he can work on the following:

- Ability to drive at big defenders. Rubio is shying away from the NBA big men like Bynum when he should be looking for a hit while laying it up.

-Reducing turnovers. It's not a huge issue but a lot of times there are unneccesary passes in his arsenal.

His shooting isn't the biggest problem right now. He is a few pieces away from being a formiddable 1 option.

Getting to 40% in conjunction with his play making ability would be decent enough for the teams needs.

Rubio is not becoming that type of player unless the NBA refs start bailing him out. if he does not start getting bail out calls like Wade, Dirk, Kobe, Rose, LeBron. Maybe he will, starting next year, since the NBA wants to hype him and market him.

If not, then he is Pablo Prigioni minus a jump shot. Prigioni became a very effective player ONLY after he started knocking down 3 point shots. Until then, he had the same problems as Rubio, and Prigioni was more athletic I think than Rubio is.

Now......IF he could become a good 3 point shooter like Prigioni is, then he could become a very strong point guard, like Prigioni was in his prime. Even without being a good scorer and driver/finisher, and even without bail out calls from the refs.

The thing is though, Prigioni began developing a 3 point shot almost immediately when he saw he needed to have one at the Euroleague level. Rubio has been "working on it" for about 5 years now.

It might just be his age, or it might just be that like Kidd and Rondo - he just isn't a good shooter. Regardless, Rubio will do fine in the NBA and I never said he would not - I always said he would be fine in the NBA.

It's just that anyone with any sense at all would know that he could not be a "top 5 GOAT point guard" and all the other total BS claimed about him, without being able to shoot or finish a layup.

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 05:55 PM
He should hire Dirks coach.

He had the best Spanish shooting coach, the one that works with WORLD CLASS shooters like Mumbru and Navarro, both much better shooters than Dirk has ever been, for the last 2 years.

It's not lack of a good coach. It's just that he does not have good form or confidence with his shot. And no matter who has coached him, that has not changed. He had 3 months with NBA shooting coaches and it did not change.

The early season was just a hot streak. He has hot streaks every year, like every other player. But his numbers overall keep dropping. That is something confidence related and also just to having the wrong natural shooting mechanics.

It's a myth that everyone gets better by shooting more. Some guys can take 100 shots and already are a good shooter. Some guys can take 10,000 shots and still can't shoot at all.

Because the natural shooting mechanic can't be taught, no matter how good the coach is. Rubio seems to be able to hit shots in practice, but not in games. So it must be lack of confidence.

stallionaire
03-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I never heard of them so I doubt that.

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 06:02 PM

Of course not. You are an NBA only fan. if Rubio ever got as good as prime Prigioni was (I doubt he will, seriously doubt it) then you would be ecstatic.

Love, Pekovic, Adelman, plus prime Prigioni would definitely win an NBA title. Prime Prigioni was an absolute beast - I DOUBT Rubio could ever be that good.

I am saying IF he became a really good 3 point shooter, in his prime, he MIGHT be able to become that guy. You better hope so, if you are a Wolves fan.

knickswin
03-06-2012, 06:05 PM

navarro is great shooter for real. I honestly only knew Steve Novak as a bench player from the Rockets during the TMac/Yao days. Then I saw him play for the Knicks and realized he was easily the best shooter I'd ever seen . . . point is just because you've never heard of a guy, doesn't mean he's not great.

Darius
03-06-2012, 06:05 PM
well what?

and has 7 more wins.
lmao ban this guy please

IknowU
03-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I honestly only knew Steve Novak as a bench player from the Rockets during the TMac/Yao days. Then I saw him play for the Knicks and realized he was easily the best shooter I'd ever seen . . .

See he was San Antonio for the last yr.........and he did the same thing like he is doing now. Yet they cut him after the season.............when a franchise like spurs cuts you there is something you are lacking........and you join the knicks are heralded as a goat shooter......:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh thats right......defense is the word Im looking for :oldlol:

returnofthemack
03-06-2012, 06:17 PM
you should.

if the cavs didnt have kyrie right now we would be in the middle of another 20 plus game losing streak. that fact that we have won 13 games this year says a whole lot about kyrie and what hes capable of. just wait hopefully we can get another great player and then proceed to poop all over the east. either way i would love to see some cavs v wolves in the finals in 3 years.

knickswin
03-06-2012, 06:19 PM
See he was San Antonio for the last yr.........and he did the same thing like he is doing now. Yet they cut him after the season.............when a franchise like spurs cuts you there is something you are lacking........and you join the knicks are heralded as a goat shooter......:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

he is undeniably a GREAT shooter. defense he is not good, but he'll play team defense. he's a liability defending the post, but he's been able to use his length to not be completely useless. Knicks depend on the three and spacing so much that we get max marginal returns from a guy like Novak. for other teams I guess he is not so valuable (although, I still think he would be very useful for most if not all teams)

but I think this is a rubio thread . . ..

Euroleague
03-06-2012, 06:25 PM

Hardly anyone on the Spurs plays defense in the last 2-3 years.

Fiba basketball
03-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Rubio will never learn to shoot . He can just play defense and pass , that makes him good but not one of the best pgs .

Alan
03-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Not even the ACB regular season and finals MVP Splitter who swept Barcelona and your boy the-best-offensive-player-on-planet Navarro with better supporting cast in the leagues finals 2010?

IknowU
03-06-2012, 07:03 PM

If you wanna bring up the past, 4 rings b!tch

Dont worry, at least your knicks are on the right pathway to becoming a great defensive team at least by getting guys like Novak. :bowdown: :cheers:

nycelt84
03-06-2012, 07:13 PM

I'll give you this one. This is the 1st time you've ever been close to right in all of your crazy proclamations.

Yanch856
03-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Ultimately how good can a basketball player be, if he/she cannot put the ball in the basket?

Shepseskaf
03-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Magic Johnson's IQ is somewhere above Charles Barkley and somewhere below Kenny Smith. In other words, his IQ is around the 75-80 mark. Magic Johnson does not know shit.
This is clearly way out of bounds. Stating things like this makes me doubt your own level of intelligence.

Magic Johnson was better at what he did best than anything you've done and will do, cumulatively, in your life. He's a multi-millionaire and you're a despised poster on a basketball message board. Let's not talk about who has a higher IQ.

Magic does tend to hype new players, because that's just who he is -- always promoting the league and its products. However, anyone who thinks that he isn't smart is just dumb.

dunksby
03-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Rondo shot 7-22 the night he put up 18/17/20.