PDA

View Full Version : Rip Hamilton potentially out for a while

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 02:56 AM
Via @csnbullsinsider
Rip's right arm was in a sling postgame, according to a source. Apparently it's the "top" of his shoulder. Source wasn't optimistic about RIP's returning soon.

Bulls need to make a trade ASAP because if Rip is out for the season then the Bulls will have no chance winning the East. Their chances are already slim at the moment but they go from slim to none with Rip done.

knickswin
03-06-2012, 02:59 AM
damn. this is a big loss if true. rip adds a whole other dimension to that team.

poido123
03-06-2012, 03:02 AM
In before heat trolls start with their shit.

I think this is a good enough reason to make a trade before the deadline. Who can we get?

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 03:04 AM

I think this is a good enough reason to make a trade before the deadline. Who can we get?
The Bulls should attempt to get Ray Allen or even Paul Pierce. I would prefer to make a deal without sending the Bobcats pick though.

A trade idea I saw on another site was

Bulls receive: Ray Allen

Celtics receive: Omer Asik, CJ Watson, and Kyle Korver

fsvr54
03-06-2012, 03:06 AM

Horrible trade for the bulls, but I'm fine with that

poido123
03-06-2012, 03:10 AM
The Bulls should attempt to get Ray Allen or even Paul Pierce. I would prefer to make a deal without sending the Bobcats pick though.

Ray Allen is a perfect fit. Losing Asik would hurt our big man depth alot. Any other trade deals that we could do without Asik? Asik is untradeable IMO. Decent backup centres are hard to come by, and he will be important in the playoffs too. Maybe Korver, Watson, and pick? Making trade scenarios isnt my strong suit. :lol

dee-rose
03-06-2012, 03:10 AM

We'd be giving up too much. I'd give that up for a younger SG option that would make an impact for a while. Wes Matthews?

Kellogs4toniee
03-06-2012, 03:12 AM
My goodness he has been injured pretty much all season. Grrrrrrrr

poido123
03-06-2012, 03:13 AM
We'd be giving up too much. I'd give that up for a younger SG option that would make an impact for a while. Wes Matthews?

What about wilson chandler? Would he sign for the bulls on the cheap?

Im not totally convinced that Brewer isnt capable of being a good starter for the bulls. He has improved his jumpshot greatly. Whether that will hold up under the pressure of the playoffs is another matter.

Rowe
03-06-2012, 03:14 AM

You're not getting Wes Matthews for that.

Jamal Crawford? I think so.

Whoah10115
03-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Ray Allen is a perfect fit. Losing Asik would hurt our big man depth alot. Any other trade deals that we could do without Asik? Asik is untradeable IMO. Decent backup centres are hard to come by, and he will be important in the playoffs too. Maybe Korver, Watson, and pick? Making trade scenarios isnt my strong suit. :lol

Asik would be a big deal for Boston. They have no center and that guy is good enough to be a starter. He's also expiring and I don't know if he wants to play backup after this year. He's can legitimately be an elite defender.

May bring back KG as well, lol...obviously that won't happen, but Ray Allen is worth a shot. He's so marginalized in that stupid offense. It's worth it. He can play at an all-star level (like last year) for a couple more years.

Wesley Matthews would be great. But you'd need to give that 1st round pick for him. I wouldn't be shocked if you had to give both the pick and Asik, tho maybe you could net something else along with it. Matthews can play (didn't he go to Marquette?).

Jamal Crawford as a 6th man...I think that's serious.

poido123
03-06-2012, 03:15 AM
My goodness he has been injured pretty much all season. Grrrrrrrr

We knew the risk when we signed him. There's a good chance he could be back for the playoffs, hell, if he can just be there to play the heat, thats a bonus. Just a shame that he wont able to develop chemistry with the team properly.

Rowe
03-06-2012, 03:16 AM
What about wilson chandler? Would he sign for the bulls on the cheap?

Im not totally convinced that Brewer isnt capable of being a good starter for the bulls. He has improved his jumpshot greatly. Whether that will hold up under the pressure of the playoffs is another matter.
He cant sign with any NBA team but Denver this season.

Also Wilson Chandler just isn't a SG. We tried that in New York, in an offense geared towards inflated stats, and he had his share of offensive struggles at the 2. Hes much better at SF where he isn't forced too much to handle the ball.

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 03:17 AM
Asik would be a must especially for the Celtics. They lack size, depth, and young players which is what Asik would fulfill for them. Asik has also been playing poorly and somewhat underachieving this season.

I don't think you'll find many people that would be too happy with trading the Bobcats pick for Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, or some old veteran. I wouldn't be oppose to trading the Bulls own picks or future picks but certainly not that Bobcats one.

It would depend on what the Bulls give up for Matthews. I honestly wouldn't give up Watson for him. I think Watson is better and is and would be far more valuable. Watson is a combo guard and can play either the 1 or the 2. The only issue with him is the same issue that Rip has and that's health.

Maybe the Bulls should trade for Jamal Crawford instead, he is cheaper and he has less years on his contract.

dee-rose
You're not getting Wes Matthews for that.

Jamal Crawford? I think so.
Don't want him either. That's why I don't think the Bulls should make any big deals. We'd get lowballed unless we found a stupid GM... which happens actually.

UtahJazzFan88
Wilson Chandler, or is it too late?

All Net
Damn this sucks

Feel for Rip and Bulls fans....short term this isn

tikay0
03-06-2012, 03:18 AM
This trade was thrown around on other trade boards. cj watson/asik for wes mathews/kurt thomas. I really like what ive seen from watson this year, but a taller scorer coming off the bench, plus maybe re re signing mike james would be pretty dope imo.

Rowe
03-06-2012, 03:19 AM
Don't want him either. That's why I don't think the Bulls should make any big deals. We'd get lowballed unless we found a stupid GM... which happens actually.

What about Morris Almond? I've always thought he could be a good NBA player on the right team.

tikay0
03-06-2012, 03:20 AM

I would friggin love chandler on the team, too bad we'd be way above lux tax with him, not to mention next year rose gettin paid fat.

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 03:21 AM
This trade was thrown around on other trade boards. cj watson/asik for wes mathews/kurt thomas. I really like what ive seen from watson this year, but a taller scorer coming off the bench, plus maybe re re signing mike james would be pretty dope imo.
I would be willing to do Korver and Asik for Matthews and Thomas but not Watson. Watson seems to be a lot better and valuable than most people (specifically Bulls fans) realize.

dee-rose
03-06-2012, 03:22 AM
What about Morris Almond? I've always thought he could be a good NBA player on the right team.
the Bulls certainly shouldn't be taking on any projects as their saviour if they're serious about coming out of the East. And thibbs would never take the time to develop anyone. I'm hoping we take a swing at Dorrell Wright though. I think Rip will be fine for the playoffs TBH. Or maybe something like Brewer and Korver for Ray. I don't wnana give up Asik for anyone old.

poido123
03-06-2012, 03:23 AM
Asik would be a big deal for Boston. They have no center and that guy is good enough to be a starter. He's also expiring and I don't know if he wants to play backup after this year. He's can legitimately be an elite defender.

May bring back KG as well, lol...obviously that won't happen, but Ray Allen is worth a shot. He's so marginalized in that stupid offense. It's worth it. He can play at an all-star level (like last year) for a couple more years.

Its always hard to let go of one of your promising young players, particularly a centre. But if it means getting someone of Allen's calibre, and contend for a title now, then it makes sense.

tikay0
03-06-2012, 03:25 AM
I would be willing to do Korver and Asik for Matthews and Thomas but not Watson. Watson seems to be a lot better and valuable than most people (specifically Bulls fans) realize.

True that. i used to be all for trading cj, but he's really gotten used to the system this year. if anyhing, go hard for ray allen. i have no doubts the bulls beat the heat with ray ray.

UtahJazzFan88
03-06-2012, 03:27 AM
I would friggin love chandler on the team, too bad we'd be way above lux tax with him, not to mention next year rose gettin paid fat.

1 year deal?

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 03:29 AM
I'm gonna wait instead of pushing the panic button, especially since this "Source" wasn't optimistic before Rip has even got checked. And we all know how the Deng injury was played in the media, made it seem like he was out for the season, yet just had a 20 point game tonight...

So yea, I'll take doctor results before pulling the trigger.

Rowe
03-06-2012, 03:30 AM
1 year deal?
March 1st was the last day for him to sign an Offer Sheet.

He cant sign with any NBA team except Denver this season, if not then he becomes a Restricted Free Agent this summer.

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 03:32 AM
I'm gonna wait instead of pushing the panic button, especially since this "Source" wasn't optimistic before Rip has even got checked. And we all know how the Deng injury was played in the media, made it seem like he was out for the season, yet just had a 20 point game tonight...

So yea, I'll take doctor results before pulling the trigger.
Whether it is a serious injury or not, this team needs to move on from him. It's pretty clear that Rip cannot stay healthy. His injury today was not even a freak accident or anything like that, it was just a simple screen Roy Hibbert set on Rip and then Rip Hamilton ran into it and got hurt and left the game.

Rip is just fragile.

I've said that the Bulls need to make a deal for a while now but I didn't know it was going to have to be a deal for and involving a SG. I thought the deal the Bulls should make would involve Carlos Boozer but at this point Carlos Boozer has to stay.

Rowe
03-06-2012, 03:32 AM
the Bulls certainly shouldn't be taking on any projects as their saviour if they're serious about coming out of the East. And thibbs would never take the time to develop anyone. I'm hoping we take a swing at Dorrell Wright though. I think Rip will be fine for the playoffs TBH. Or maybe something like Brewer and Korver for Ray. I don't wnana give up Asik for anyone old.

Chris Douglas-Roberts?

Assuming hes able to get out of his Italian deal.

tikay0
03-06-2012, 03:35 AM
1 year deal?

Yeah, but jr wouldnt go over lux for wilson chandler. im pretty sure on that. i dont know all the technicalities on his situation, but from reading other boards, ppl are saying hes close to impossible to get. but wilson is a stud.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 03:36 AM
Whether it is a serious injury or not, this team needs to move on from him. It's pretty clear that Rip cannot stay healthy. His injury today was not even a freak accident or anything like that, it was just a simple screen Roy Hibbert set on Rip and then Rip Hamilton ran into it and got hurt and left the game.

No it wasn't a freak accident, it was an intended shove. The first screen by Hibbert just caused pain, but he was still able to play. It was George's dirty attack that caused it. Watch this video at :20 seconds....
http://www.nba.com/video/games/bulls/2012/03/05/0021100557_ind_chi_recap.nba/
Why on earth did George have to shove to his left when Rip was on his left leaving the right completely open? He could have literally drove past him for the bucket. George KNEW that shoulder was just hit, so he purposely nudged it with force. Look at the video and TRY to tell me that's a simple push off....They came out the jump ready to get dirty...damn Pacers.

Whoah10115
03-06-2012, 03:36 AM
Its always hard to let go of one of your promising young players, particularly a centre. But if it means getting someone of Allen's calibre, and contend for a title now, then it makes sense.

Yea but you have Noah, so unless Boozer gets amnestied and Noah moved to PF, Asik would have to be on the bench.

Not only does it mean Allen and his caliber, but a backup C (if that's what he ends up being for you all) is not the end of the world. It just depends on the Bulls' plan for him.

poido123
03-06-2012, 03:38 AM

I think teams had til March 1 to offer him something other than what Denver can match. Reports Ive seen says he could be headed to Italy.

(e)
03-06-2012, 03:38 AM
What about a deal around Wes Matthews for Brewer?

Portland gets some cap relief and flexibility. Wes Matthews has ~4 years/26 million (this year included). Brewer has ~2 year/9 million.

Brewer definitely doesn't bring the outside shooting ability that Wes has, but Brewer is a more experienced player and an all around better defensive player, not to mention more versatile with his size.

Not sure who else would need to be involved for it to make sense for Portland to pull the trigger. Adding John Lucas makes the contracts work but I don't see a need for him in Portland. Tossing in a pick seems reasonable as well.

tikay0
03-06-2012, 03:39 AM
Man, whold've thought sg would still be a major concern? its been 2 years already. we had the chance to draft marshon brooks. that mirotic kid better be a stud.

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 03:40 AM
No it wasn't a freak accident, it was an intended shove. The first screen by Hibbert just caused pain, but he was still able to play. It was George's dirty attack that caused it. Watch this video at :20 seconds....
http://www.nba.com/video/games/bulls/2012/03/05/0021100557_ind_chi_recap.nba/
Why on earth did George have to shove to his left when Rip was on his left leaving the right completely open? He could have literally drove past him for the bucket. George KNEW that shoulder was just hit, so he purposely nudged it with force. Look at the video and TRY to tell me that's a simple push off....They came out the jump ready to get dirty...damn Pacers.
My point is that he is simply fragile and he is.

Rip never played for 5 games consecutively or more this season. Tonight was supposed to be his 5th game playing and starting in a row and then he gets hurt again.

I like Rip but his health issue is an issue and an issue that will probably never be fixed.

Yea but you have Noah, so unless Boozer gets amnestied and Noah moved to PF, Asik would have to be on the bench.

Not only does it mean Allen and his caliber, but a backup C (if that's what he ends up being for you all) is not the end of the world. It just depends on the Bulls' plan for him.
Agreed. The Bulls keeping Asik is just as pointless as the Magic in the past years keeping Marcin Gortat. The Bulls already have an elite Center playing and starting so whats the point of having another young Center with potential? :confusedshrug:

Bulls need to pull the trigger for Ray or some stud of a SG.

PP34Deuce
03-06-2012, 03:42 AM
The sad thing is in the few minutes I've seen him play... He fits right in and allows ball movement and solid man defense. I hope the guy gets over the injury bug... he's the Bulls delonte west... a guy when healthy that can give you defense and very solid numbers.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 03:42 AM
My point is that he is simply fragile and he is.

Rip never played for 5 games consecutively or more this season. Tonight was supposed to be his 5th game playing and starting in a row and then he gets hurt again.

I like Rip but his health issue is an issue and an issue that will probably never be fixed.

My point is that I think anyone would be out the game after two hard hits to the shoulder. It is probably worst cause of his age, but I don't think he should blamed for something that would probably take out any of our Bulls players. Lets at least get a medical report before we start surrendering and making rash discussions...

Rowe
03-06-2012, 03:44 AM
What about a deal around Wes Matthews for Brewer?

Portland gets some cap relief and flexibility. Wes Matthews has ~4 years/26 million (this year included). Brewer has ~2 year/9 million.

Brewer definitely doesn't bring the outside shooting ability that Wes has, but Brewer is a more experienced player and an all around better defensive player, not to mention more versatile with his size.

Not sure who else would need to be involved for it to make sense for Portland to pull the trigger. Adding John Lucas makes the contracts work but I don't see a need for him in Portland. Tossing in a pick seems reasonable as well.

Matthews is signed to a great deal in Portland. Hes apart of their future.

Also, Matthews is a better man defender than Brewer.

Brewer is a solid defender as well, but his advantage his athleticism and wingspan to guard 3's if necessary.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 03:47 AM
CJ is injury prone too, might as well get rid of him as well....right? Or maybe Deng is a liablity....

Lets just ease up, rely on our Depth this week, and if by around the 15th stuff is looking grim, then we worry and push the OMFG button...

tikay0
03-06-2012, 03:49 AM
What you guys think about ben gordon? Korver/brewer picks. or is that too much?

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 03:51 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

My Bulls family is really overreacting now...Plus, I'd keep Korver and Brewer over Gordon in a fukkin heartbeat. Hell, I'd question giving up Lucas over Gordon...dead serious.

poido123
03-06-2012, 03:54 AM

My Bulls family is really overreacting now...Plus, I'd keep Korver and Brewer over Gordon in a fukkin heartbeat. Hell, I'd question giving up Lucas over Gordon...dead serious.

:roll:

Just what I was thinking...

(e)
03-06-2012, 03:54 AM
I don't give up either one of those guys for Ben Gordon.

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 03:55 AM
I like Ben Gordon but he is overpaid so the Pistons can keep him.

I do like the deal you stated earlier but I did revise it changing it to..

Bulls receive: Jamal Crawford and Kurt Thomas
Blazers receive: Kyle Korver and Omer Asik

I'm not sure if the Blazers would really be interested but they do get a young stud in Asik. Korver would almost be a filler on that deal and nothing else though.

tikay0
03-06-2012, 03:56 AM

My Bulls family is really overreacting now...

Well wtf. ur acting like we can beat miami wihout a decent sg. yeah yeah we have size in he front court, boozers gonna f up, brewer aint scoring on anyone, our offense sucks without a rose outburst. yeah we whooped the pacers, but only because rose came out on fire to start the 3rd, thus leading to wide open shots. from what ive seen against the good teams, we dig too deep in every one of those games. ive yet to see us utilize a team offense against a contending team. it really is derrick rose or bust on offense. ray ray we need you play boy.

tikay0
03-06-2012, 03:58 AM

I'm not sure if the Blazers would really be interested but they do get a young stud in Asik. Korver would almost be a filler on that deal and nothing else though.

The reason iaaded cj is cuz a lot of teams are interested in him now. despite what many bulls fan wanna believe, brewer and korver arent really sought after pieces.

tikay0
03-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Our realistic trade assets in the real world are cj,taj,omer,picks. i really dont think teams want either brewer or korver. maybe korver for salary dump purposes, cuz he expures next year.

poido123
03-06-2012, 03:59 AM

crawford would be a good fit but hes a bit streaky. Bulls need a SG that can play at a high level for at least another 3 years...Im not keen on losing Asik for Crawford, Ray Allen would be the man.

Go Getter
03-06-2012, 04:00 AM
Dude thinks they purposely sought out his shoulder?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The lengths this guy goes to in order to make excuses for Rip is amazing.

The_Yearning
03-06-2012, 04:01 AM
The sad thing is in the few minutes I've seen him play... He fits right in and allows ball movement and solid man defense. I hope the guy gets over the injury bug... he's the Bulls delonte west... a guy when healthy that can give you defense and very solid numbers.

Either you haven't seen this guy much or you just don't know basketball.

Dude sucks on this team. Rip is a dude who isn't happy when he isn't scoring the ball. He's bad for team chemistry. GL having this guy for 2 years.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 04:02 AM
Well wtf. ur acting like we can beat miami wihout a decent sg. yeah yeah we have size in he front court, boozers gonna f up, brewer aint scoring on anyone, our offense sucks without a rose outburst. yeah we whooped the pacers, but only because rose came out on fire to start the 3rd, thus leading to wide open shots. from what ive seen against the good teams, we dig too deep in every one of those games. ive yet to see us utilize a team offense against a contending team. it really is derrick rose or bust on offense. ray ray we need you play boy.
No, Rose was excellent when we needed him as usual, but he wasn't alone. Deng stepped up big time, and has been for a while now when needed. Noah has been provided us with nice second chance points. Boozer is Boozer...yea...luckily Gibson is stepping up. Rose sparked the Pacers rise, but it was a TEAM EFFORT, our DEPTH is what gave us the blowout lead.

We need a SG, but just chill and wait to see what happens first. It could literally be nothing but a bruised shoulder, and people acting like Rip's arm fell off and he's been so injury prone. If you were paying attention, the reason he took so long to come back in the FIRST place was cause he never got the proper rest in the first place. And now, this was a take out job by the Pacers. But he's only had as many injuries as Watson, so you want a new backup PG too?

Lets wait until the 14th-15th til we jump the gun.

poido123
03-06-2012, 04:03 AM

Be nice Go Getter :lol

Not as far-fetched as you think, but I certainly wouldn't call it obvious and I expect no favours from a fellow east rival.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 04:03 AM

Seriously, what is your beef dude? Quite frankly, you've been acting real snobby for the past few days.

All you have to do is look at the video, yet I'm accused of excuses? Yet you'll defend Boozer for anything.
:facepalm

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 04:04 AM
Somebody on another site apparently emailed Sam Smith asking if the Bulls would make a deal for Ray Allen and he said no because Ray Allen would just be a rental and the Bulls would never consider that.

:(

Go Getter
03-06-2012, 04:05 AM

Not as far-fetched as you think, but I certainly wouldn't call it obvious and I expect no favours from a fellow east rival.
What are the chances of one player seeing the impact of a hit then hitting that same perfect spot right after that? Sounds like some Jason Bourne shit.

Clocian-IGN
03-06-2012, 04:05 AM

Dude sucks on this team. Rip is a dude who isn't happy when he isn't scoring the ball. He's bad for team chemistry. GL having this guy for 2 years.

actually you haven't seen much. he's been great with us opening up the the offense. only reason he hasn't done anything since he came back from injury is exactly that with thibs limiting his min

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 04:08 AM
What are the chances of one player seeing the impact of a hit then hitting that same perfect spot right after that? Sounds like some Jason Bourne shit.
WTF? Its a Shoulder, not some pin pin location where you need proper medical knowledge and stuff. If I see my teammate hit my opponents shoulder, and its clearly bothering him, you best believe I'm attacking that shoulder with physical play. And once again...its the PACERS

poido123

Run along heat fan, your mummy has dinner ready.

Go Getter
Seriously, what is your beef dude? Quite frankly, you've been acting real snobby for the past few days.

All you have to do is look at the video, yet I'm accused of excuses? Yet you'll defend Boozer for anything.

1. I haven't even been posting for the last few days like that:lol
2. I saw the video.
3. I defend Boozer because he is underrated and gets a lot of flak for things that aren't always his fault. Never did I say he is my ideal PF or even in the top 10 guys I would choose for this team at the 4 spot.

My beef is that people just can't come out and see the truth--that Rip is NOT the answer and people overreacted. He had a few good games and a few bad games, but holding on to some hope that he is the "missing piece" is fatuous.

poido123
03-06-2012, 04:11 AM

Slim. But Im not saying it is true either...

We move on, there's another game to play, we need to deal with what we have now, and get Brewer back into the starting lineup.

Lets see what happens at the deadline...

Go Getter
03-06-2012, 04:11 AM

It just looked like physical basketball to me.

If that's all it takes to get a player out of the lineup then that's the player's issue because I've seen casual games in Ada Park more physical.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 04:12 AM
1. I haven't even been posting for the last few days like that:lol
2. I saw the video.
3. I defend Boozer because he is underrated and gets a lot of flak for things that aren't always his fault. Never did I say he is my ideal PF or even in the top 10 guys I would choose for this team at the 4 spot.

My beef is that people just can't come out and see the truth--that Rip is NOT the answer and people overreacted. He had a few good games and a few bad games, but holding on to some hope that he is the "missing piece" is fatuous.
I've NEVER said that Rip was the missing piece, but I do know he gives a better chance to beat the heat than what we currently had, and quite frankly, we COULD beat the Heat with our SG-less situation, hell we almost did last year even with Rose getting trapped. All we need is a little more scoring, 10-12 points, that's what Rip could have given us.

tikay0
03-06-2012, 04:13 AM
No, Rose was excellent when we needed him as usual, but he wasn't alone. Deng stepped up big time, and has been for a while now when needed. Noah has been provided us with nice second chance points. Boozer is Boozer...yea...luckily Gibson is stepping up. Rose sparked the Pacers rise, but it was a TEAM EFFORT, our DEPTH is what gave us the blowout lead.

We need a SG, but just chill and wait to see what happens first. It could literally be nothing but a bruised shoulder, and people acting like Rip's arm fell off and he's been so injury prone. If you were paying attention, the reason he took so long to come back in the FIRST place was cause he never got the proper rest in the first place. And now, this was a take out job by the Pacers. But he's only had as many injuries as Watson, so you want a new backup PG too?

Lets wait until the 14th-15th til we jump the gun.

Never said we neede another another pg. i get what your saying about deng hitting those 3's.....but, i dont to rely on clutch ass 3's every damn time we play an elite team. how about for once we click on all cylinders from the jump and look like an elite team. in the playoffs our depth aint ish. we all saw that in the miami series. our best shooters are way too streaky. taj is a good backup, but he cant hit a jumper for his life, and omer has regressed badly on offense, and some what on defense. we need to consolidate our bench and have around 7-8 reliable ass players to run with come playoff time. i dont care what you say, how many times this year have you watched the bench mob come in, and you dont know what the fugg to expect. im saying trade some of those bums and get real ass players out there. yes blah blah blah our record, but admit it, you dont know what the fugg we'lllook like come playoff time. we have too many unpredictable players that go cold way too often. if deng didnt hurt his wrist, id have a little ore confidence, but this damn condensed season has me stressing.

poido123
03-06-2012, 04:15 AM
It just looked like physical basketball to me.

If that's all it takes to get a player out of the lineup then that's the player's issue because I've seen schoolyard games in Ada Park more physical.

Im with you, I dont disagree if that is what actually happened, I cant expect a team not to play hard and physical at us, if thats what we pride our team on.

knickswin
03-06-2012, 04:15 AM
you don't want wilson chandler. he's a dummy. probably the worst small forward in the league at ball handling.

Go Getter
03-06-2012, 04:17 AM
Im with you, I dont disagree if that is what actually happened, I cant expect a team not to play hard and physical at us, if thats what we pride our team on.
It happened too fast to tell but I don't see how the matter even came up George doesn't have a dirty rep, he was looking at the basket, and looked like he was trying to draw contact on his jumper.

Clean play.

And if I thought there was a HINT of foulness in the matter everyone knows I would defend my Bulls.

I still don't like Rondo to this day for pushing Hinrich.

Alamo
God. This guy must not be drinking his milk and taking his vitamins.

I feel the same way about Ginobili sometimes. He misses nearly the entire season, finally comes back and gets hurt again two games later. :facepalm He seemed to be himself in the last one against the nuggets, but this dude will get hurt in the most inopportune situations.

tikay0
Man, if you think about it, besides ray, rip is the perfect sg on our team, that was a realistic option. sucks that hes mr. Glass.

poido123
03-06-2012, 04:18 AM
you don't want wilson chandler. he's a dummy. probably the worst small forward in the league at ball handling.

Suggestion came and gone. If RIP is not going to be back for a significant amount of time, Bulls need to push for Allen. Now that is a player that Heat would fear alongside rose.

Go Getter
03-06-2012, 04:19 AM
I've NEVER said that Rip was the missing piece, but I do know he gives a better chance to beat the heat than what we currently had, and quite frankly, we COULD beat the Heat with our SG-less situation, hell we almost did last year even with Rose getting trapped. All we need is a little more scoring, 10-12 points, that's what Rip could have given us.

There are TONS of guys that could come into a great team and good system such as this and produce as much if not more than Rip on a more consistent basis. We made Rip look good (at this stage, for the circumstances) and it's clear that he won't be around for long so don't get too attached to him.

knickswin
03-06-2012, 04:20 AM
Suggestion came and gone. If RIP is not going to be back for a significant amount of time, Bulls need to push for Allen. Now that is a player that Heat would fear alongside rose.

yeah, ray would be good. I don't think he's quite the play maker Rip Hamilton nor do I think he's as good off the dribble, but he's a better shooter by a fair amount. he's an old man though.

Go Getter
03-06-2012, 04:21 AM
[QUOTE=tikay0]Man, if you think about it, besides ray, rip is the perfect sg on our team, that was a realistic option. sucks that hes mr. Glass.[/QUOTE}

Not even close to perfect fit.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 04:22 AM
It happened too fast to tell but I don't see how the matter even came up George doesn't have a dirty rep, he was looking at the basket, and looked like he was trying to draw contact on his jumper.

Yea, but I don't see WHY he wanted to get to the line in the first place. I could understand if Rip was guarding his left, and someone was trapping his driving lane, but he LITERALLY had wide open space on the right side, and with his athleticism could have easily got in the paint for a lay up or shot. I see no reason for him to jerk to the left like he did.

I think if ANY of our Bulls players got hit twice like that in their shoulders, they'd be in pain and possibly out.

tikay0
03-06-2012, 04:23 AM
[QUOTE=tikay0]Man, if you think about it, besides ray, rip is the perfect sg on our team, that was a realistic option. sucks that hes mr. Glass.[/QUOTE}

Not even close to perfect fit.

Out of all the REALISTIC options between rip, j rich, j crawford, grant hill, shane battier, caron butler, vince carter, t mac,who wouldve been better???

Go Getter
03-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Yea, but I don't see WHY he wanted to get to the line first place. I could understand if Rip was guarding his left, and someone was trapping his driving lane, but he LITERALLY had wide open space on the right side, and with his athleticism could have easily got in the paint for a lay up or shot. I see no reason for him to jerk to the left like he did.

I think if ANY of our Bulls players got hit twice like that in their shoulders, they'd be in pain and possibly out.

You're trying to frame this in a manner that makes Rip less responsible for what happened.

Dude is sofT.

I don't know how many times Rose has been bumped, checked, slapped, etc and he keeps on ticking. At first glance it looks like Rose has done some upper body work that helps him ward off attacks. Rip ain't did no gym work in 15 years....not enough it seems....dude's frame is slight and he's not Reggie-tough.

And you can't blame the Pacers for that.

tikay0
03-06-2012, 04:25 AM
We got him for mid level and didnt have to trade a single player. um.....am i missing something here?

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 04:33 AM
You're trying to frame this in a manner that makes Rip less responsible for what happened.

Dude is sofT.

I don't know how many times Rose has been bumped, checked, slapped, etc and he keeps on ticking. At first glance it looks like Rose has done some upper body work that helps him ward off attacks. Rip ain't did no gym work in 15 years....not enough it seems....dude's frame is slight and he's not Reggie-tough.

He's old...that's the issue. Not fair to use Rose as an example, he's young and a tough south side boy. So of course he can take a lot more than the average guy, he just scared the shit out of us the other day against the spurs, but turned out ok. CJ on the other hand is gonna be out for a few games, so Rose is just a freak of nature and can handle that.

But even at Rips age, he was still one of the best options we had, which was limited. Aaron Affalo was restricted, and was obvious he wasn't going anywhere. Crawford wouldn't have worked well with our system. And JR Smith chose money over a championship. And most importantly, nobody even seemed interesting in Chicago, and the ones that did went the money route.

stevieming
03-06-2012, 05:08 AM
He's old...that's the issue. Not fair to use Rose as an example, he's young and a tough south side boy. So of course he can take a lot more than the average guy, he just scared the shit out of us the other day against the spurs, but turned out ok. CJ on the other hand is gonna be out for a few games, so Rose is just a freak of nature and can handle that.

But even at Rips age, he was still one of the best options we had, which was limited. Aaron Affalo was restricted, and was obvious he wasn't going anywhere. Crawford wouldn't have worked well with our system. And JR Smith chose money over a championship. And most importantly, nobody even seemed interesting in Chicago, and the ones that did went the money route.

I was just about to post aaron would have been perfect for the bulls team. Low key, play defense and can score...shame..

agree with you on the other two players. But signing Rip doesn't that mean they can't make any moves for next year?

nightprowler10
03-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Trade for Bogans already!

themurph
03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
They have to go after Matthews or Mayo....It's just that simple....Give up Asik if you have to...But get a deal done....

themurph
03-06-2012, 09:44 AM

That's a silly deal....lol...No need to give up all that for an aging SG....

themurph
03-06-2012, 09:47 AM

Asik is ONLY untradeable if it's for an aging guard like Ray...In such a deal, he would NOT be in included....

But if we are talking about Matthews in Portland or Mayo? I'd put Asik on the first plane out of Chicago....And this is coming from someone who digs the kid's game...

PJR
03-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Dude is washed up. That simple. Tried to tell Chicago fans on here..

Rose
03-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Trade for Bogans already!
Thibs tried, but the cried when he remembered he tore his ACL. and then he yelled at Michael Jordan for allowing Keith Bogans to tear his ACL. :(

El Kabong
03-06-2012, 10:00 AM
You can have Raja Bell. Plays decent D, can hit the 3 ball. You all know you want another Jazzman to go along with Boozer, Korver and Brewer.

copper
03-06-2012, 10:14 AM

we'll give you Ben Gordon back if you promise to take Caharlie V with him....all you need to do is take them, we dont need anything in return.

burnsy87
03-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Everyone acts like Rip has played well this season when he is actually in.

Dude has been nothing special. I'm sick of hearing about all these injuries. He is the Jake Peavy of basketball.

Cut your losses and go after a new guy....

Bigsmoke
03-06-2012, 11:46 AM
i swear this dude is made out of class.

I.Malcolm
03-06-2012, 11:53 AM
As much as I like what a healthy RIP brings to the table, I'm kind of glad he keeps getting hurt--as a Bulls fan. It's showing management that we NEED to make a move at SG to be able to compete in the playoffs this year.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 11:57 AM
As much as I like what a healthy RIP brings to the table, I'm kind of glad he keeps getting hurt--as a Bulls fan. It's showing management that we NEED to make a move at SG to be able to compete in the playoffs this year.
The messed up part is that we HAVE that scorer, he's just too freaking short. Lucas is a terrible facilitator, but honestly one of the best Offensive punches we have after Rose. He might not be able to do much, but the guy can flat out drop buckets.

HylianNightmare
03-06-2012, 12:43 PM
good

Dwade305
03-06-2012, 12:46 PM
good
WHats it like being a Magic fan these days?? Any hope in the land of the hopeless?

SilkkTheShocker
03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Doesn't really matter because the bulls had no chance of beating Miami anyways

d21221hk
03-06-2012, 01:37 PM
What a great post, let's see if the Bulls fan take the bait.

Inb4 20 pages of back and forth.

Glide2keva
03-06-2012, 02:06 PM
What a great post, let's see if the Bulls fan take the bait.

Inb4 20 pages of back and forth.
Wouldn't have seen it had you not quoted it. I've had that moron on ignore for months now.

TheMan
03-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Don't take the bait fellow Bulls fans, let that post die like a fart in the wind:lol

BlackVVaves
03-06-2012, 03:06 PM

The Bulls didn't win a game after Game 1. Some of the games were close, but still resulted in the same outcome: a lost. Firstly, how did you almost beat the Heat last year? Second, what gives you the impression that you could beat the Heat with the same gaping hole and flaw? The Heat will play Rose the same, and again the Bulls lack of scorers outside of Rose (and Deng) will be their downfall. So, unless you see Deng scoring 28 ppg in the series, what exactly gives them such a good chance to win?

I'm just curious as to you opinion as a Bulls fan.

TheMan
03-06-2012, 04:02 PM
The Bulls didn't win a game after Game 1. Some of the games were close, but still resulted in the same outcome: a lost. Firstly, how did you almost beat the Heat last year? Second, what gives you the impression that you could beat the Heat with the same gaping hole and flaw? The Heat will play Rose the same, and again the Bulls lack of scorers outside of Rose (and Deng) will be their downfall. So, unless you see Deng scoring 28 ppg in the series, what exactly gives them such a good chance to win?

I'm just curious as to you opinion as a Bulls fan.
Overall this year the Bulls have been moving the ball really well, Noah and Boozer now have chemistry, last year either Noah or Booz were out so they didn't have a chance to gell. The Bulls offense isn't so dependent on Rose anymore, with Rip out there, they were looking really good but we can't count on Rip, dude is fragile. Got to keep in mind that Noah was a shell of his former self after he got hurt last year, there isn't no one on Miami's backcourt who can keep a healthy Noah off the boards. Rose was slowed down by an ankle injury in the Indiana series, he won't use that as an excuse vut the explosiveness and lift weren't there after the injury.

A healthy Bulls team can compete, one more year to gell and keep in mind it was for most of the Bulls, their first time going that deep and now they are more expirienced. If the Bulls have HCA, I'll say we have a 50/50 chance of knocking off Miami, if they have HCA, they should win in 6.

Should be an awesome series and hopefully both teams are
100%.

themurph
03-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Overall this year the Bulls have been moving the ball really well, Noah and Boozer now have chemistry, last year either Noah or Booz were out so they didn't have a chance to gell. The Bulls offense isn't so dependent on Rose anymore, with Rip out there, they were looking really good but we can't count on Rip, dude is fragile. Got to keep in mind that Noah was a shell of his former self after he got hurt last year, there isn't no one on Miami's backcourt who can keep a healthy Noah off the boards. Rose was slowed down by an ankle injury in the Indiana series, he won't use that as an excuse vut the explosiveness and lift weren't there after the injury.

A healthy Bulls team can compete, one more year to gell and keep in mind it was for most of the Bulls, their first time going that deep and now they are more expirienced. If the Bulls have HCA, I'll say we have a 50/50 chance of knocking off Miami, if they have HCA, they should win in 6.

100%.

As a Bulls fan, I'm glad there are people out there that are staying positive...I, however, can see the reality of things...lol...We will need a SG to compete with Miami....So we have to get a trade going...

Dengness9
03-06-2012, 04:31 PM
As a Bulls fan, I'm glad there are people out there that are staying positive...I, however, can see the reality of things...lol...We will need a SG to compete with Miami....So we have to get a trade going...

I'm somewhere in the middle of you guys. I know even w/out Rip, this Bulls team has a chance to beat anybody evidenced by what I've seen so far this year, which has been w/out Rip for a majority of the games. Id like a trade but not sure there is one to make that truly helps us w/out giving up too much at this point currently.

The positives for me are this:

Rose is more ready and able to handle double teams and traps. Thibs said he has faced it so much this year and last that it's become an instinct for Rose.

Noah is back and healthy. It was truly disappointing seeing him be a shell of his former self when he came back from injury. Jo has a chance this year to terrorize the boards and affect the game more than ever w/ his energy and PASSING against the Heat.

Booz is still a bitch, but FINALLY, he and Noah have much needed chemistry.

Ronnie Brewer at starter is a pretty big upgrade over Kieth Bogans. Ronnie isnt the scoring threat we need, but he is better at EVERYTHING else besides corner 3's.

Lastly, Luol Deng. He has been seriously clutch this season at the end of the 4th. Just as of recently he hit some big shots against SAS and Philly in playoff atmosphere type games. I believe in him, he believes in himself, and the team does as well.

The Heat are the toughest out in the league probably but Chicago wants revenge so bad that I can be confident it won't a 5 game series this time around. Minimum 6 game series IMO.

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 04:34 PM
A trade for Courtney Lee would be beneficial for the Bulls.

The Bulls would definitely have to give up Asik in that deal but the Bulls could possibly get Dalembert in return.

A trade scenario that was suggested on another site.

Dalembert + Lee for Brewer + Asik + JL3 + Scalabrine or Butler works (Houston cuts JL3/Scal back to the Bulls).

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Don't take the bait fellow Bulls fans, let that post die like a fart in the wind:lol
He's lost all his credibility like a month ago:lol :lol :lol

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 04:40 PM

100%.Thanks for answering for me bro. Pretty much this. Gonna be REAL hard to trap Rose this year when our CENTER can literally take over the facilitating role...to wide open teammates who are in a better position to knock it down this year. Not saying it would be easy, but definitely liking the odds compared to last year, especially since the Heat Bulls game last month was a LOT closer to what the playoff atmosphere will be this year. Rose showed to be able to get around a LOT easier on the Miami D compared to last year.

Pharcyde
03-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Bulls will be getting Courtney Lee or Anthony Morrow soon. The Nets want Brewer since him and D-Will are bff's. :pimp:

Rose
03-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Rip is day-day it's just a contusion so no separation. Which is good.

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I was about to post/report this but the last time he was listed day to day he was out for like a month.

I'm not sure if that is honestly good and it wouldn't surprise me if the Bulls purposely listed him as day to day so teams won't know that the Bulls are actually in desperate need of a SG. If teams found out the Bulls were desperate for a SG then they would raise the price tags of their SGs.

He is going to be out for at least 2 weeks if you ask me.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 06:11 PM
This is where I say I told you so people....

But seriously though, it was just blown way out of proportion. We could still use another piece, but I don't think its as drastic as some here are stating. Honestly, for the piece we need, we could probably get away with just giving up one bench player and some picks.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 06:12 PM
I was about to post/report this but the last time he was listed day to day he was out for like a month.

I'm not sure if that is honestly good and it wouldn't surprise me if the Bulls purposely listed him as day to day so teams won't know that the Bulls are actually in desperate need of a SG. If teams found out the Bulls were desperate for a SG then they would raise the price tags of their SGs.

He is going to be out for at least 2 weeks if you ask me.
No, he was out indefinitely the last time, and wasn't day to day until like a few days before he played.

Glide2keva
03-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Right shoulder contusion, status is day-to-day

hawkfan
03-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Gilbert Arenas.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Fun Fact:

Rip has only played 11 games, limited mins and still the 4th leading scorer on this team. So its hard to say he hasn't provided anything on the team thus far.

themurph
03-06-2012, 07:33 PM
This is where I say I told you so people....

But seriously though, it was just blown way out of proportion. We could still use another piece, but I don't think its as drastic as some here are stating. Honestly, for the piece we need, we could probably get away with just giving up one bench player and some picks.

I don't think it's being blown out of proportion....The issue is not the injury...The issue is Rip is in his mid 30's and the fact that he was injured on a simple screen...I do agree with NOT blowing up the team...But as a Bulls fan it needs to be said that the Bulls have to make some kind of trade...And that involves Asik because really he's the only guy (besides a CJ Watson) that we can afford to trade that actually has some worth outside of Deng or Noah...

Basically, we have to make a trade before the deadline...Because it's all about beating Miami....

longtime lurker
03-06-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't think it's being blown out of proportion....The issue is not the injury...The issue is Rip is in his mid 30's and the fact that he was injured on a simple screen...I do agree with NOT blowing up the team...But as a Bulls fan it needs to be said that the Bulls have to make some kind of trade...And that involves Asik because really he's the only guy (besides a CJ Watson) that we can afford to trade that actually has some worth outside of Deng or Noah...

Basically, we have to make a trade before the deadline...Because it's all about beating Miami....

I agree Rip getting injured is not a good look at all for the Bulls. If they could get Jamal Crawford for cheap he'd a be a good pickup, I still think Oj Mayo to the Bulls is the dream fit RIP or no RIP

themurph
03-06-2012, 07:58 PM
I agree Rip getting injured is not a good look at all for the Bulls. If they could get Jamal Crawford for cheap he'd a be a good pickup, I still think Oj Mayo to the Bulls is the dream fit RIP or no RIP

Indeed....

Go Getter
03-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Fun Fact:

Rip has only played 11 games, limited mins and still the 4th leading scorer on this team. So its hard to say he hasn't provided anything on the team thus far.

Again, stop trying to make Rip look more important than he is. Dude has the fourth best scoring AVERAGE. As far as points scored he is 9th, between Watson and Lucas.

pegasus
03-06-2012, 09:56 PM
This is great news.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 10:07 PM

Again, stop trying to make Rip look more important than he is. Dude has the fourth best scoring AVERAGE. As far as points scored he is 9th, between Watson and Lucas.
Why would points scored be more important when he's missed games? Its the average that's important...the number we can pretty much guarantee to get around when he plays....

Your Rip hatred is off the wall....More important than he is? WTF? He's here to drop buckets, if that's not important to you...well I have nothing else to say. We all know you don't like the dude, ain't gotta put it in everyone face 24/7.

If you want Rip gone cool, make sure to ship Boozer's ass with him.

For somebody not that important, he for damn sure is getting a lot of media attention about him getting hurt.

Go Getter
03-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Why would points scored be more important when he's missed games? Its the average that's important...the number we can pretty much guarantee to get around when he plays....

Your Rip hatred is off the wall....More important than he is? WTF? He's here to drop buckets, if that's not important to you...well I have nothing else to say. We all know you don't like the dude, ain't gotta put it in everyone face 24/7.

If you want Rip gone cool, make sure to ship Boozer's ass with him.

For somebody not that important, he for damn sure is getting a lot of media attention about him getting hurt.

Why would average be important if he never plays? #pow

Never said I don't like dude, I like everyone who wears the colors.

I just have to put some reality into things because YOU have an unfair hatred towards Boozer and a mad man lust for Hamilton.

What the **** does Hamilton have to do with Boozer?

Boozer:

1st in FG%
2nd in Reb
2nd in points scored
started team-high 40 games this season

Yet you're praising Rip like he's so important and Booz is the one ****ing the team up? Can you not see the lunacy in your assertions?

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Why would average be important if he never plays? #pow

Never said I don't like dude, I like everyone who wears the colors.

I just have to put some reality into things because YOU have an unfair hatred towards Boozer and a mad man lust for Hamilton.

What the **** does Hamilton have to do with Boozer?

Boozer:

1st in FG%
2nd in Reb
2nd in points scored
started team-high 40 games this season

Yet you're praising Rip like he's so important and Booz is the one ****ing the team up? Can you not see the lunacy in your assertions?
Unfair hatred? We've gone over this time and time again...All those stats are meaningless. Its nothing but fools gold. He does excellent against poor-average teams, but when we need him to step up against QUALITY TEAMS, we don't get it. Its all about the intangibles, and Booz is a lazy fukker. I'm putting some reality into things, blind faith in Boozer will leave us no where. When I have to constantly hear Stacy King saying the SAME thing, its more than just unfair hate, its a problem.

Ain't no lust over here homie, like you said, anyone who wears out colors get love. Even in those short games he's played, in one way or another, EVERYTIME Rip has stepped on the floor, its benefited our team in one way or another. With Boozer, he'll take one step forward, and 5 steps back. He's getting less and less minutes, especially in crucial moments of the game now, and that ain't no coincidence.

Like I said before, I don't hate Boozer, but at the same time, I'm disappointed. You can't control injuries, which is why Rip gets less flack from me, but unmotivated, lazy defense doesn't get flack, and never will. There is a BIG difference between not being expected to be a defensive powerhouse, and being a BIG REASON for most of our fumble and embarrassing errors.

Go Getter
03-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Unfair hatred? We've gone over this time and time again...All those stats are meaningless. Its nothing but fools gold. He does excellent against poor-average teams, but when we need him to step up against QUALITY TEAMS, we don't get it. Its all about the intangibles, and Booz is a lazy fukker. I'm putting some reality into things, blind faith in Boozer will leave us no where. When I have to constantly hear Stacy King saying the SAME thing, its more than just unfair hate, its a problem.

Ain't no lust over here homie, like you said, anyone who wears out colors get love. Even in those short games he's played, in one way or another, EVERYTIME Rip has stepped on the floor, its benefited our team in one way or another. With Boozer, he'll take one step forward, and 5 steps back. He's getting less and less minutes, especially in crucial moments of the game now, and that ain't no coincidence.

Like I said before, I don't hate Boozer, but at the same time, I'm disappointed. You can't control injuries, which is why Rip gets less flack from me, but unmotivated, lazy defense doesn't get flack, and never will. There is a BIG difference between not being expected to be a defensive powerhouse, and being a BIG REASON for most of our fumble and embarrassing errors.

Wait, so rip has stepped up VS. quality teams? It was Boozer's fault that Rose was missing and turning the ball over vs. the Heat? The whole team played bad not just Booz and he has had good games this year versus quality teams.

Name one lock down defender at PF that has post game, can hit an open jumper, and stays healthy year-to-year.

Rip has had a few games where he shot 4-20, 7-20....and he averages 11 points playing off of Derrick Rose (at 45%). You and the rest of the Rip fanboys, along with people trying to sell Bull's fans wolf tickets (hype us up), have made the Rip acquasition bigger than what it was. If dude can't stay healthy and shoots 44% what's the big deal? We could get a way better steal from giving the opportunity to someone younger and tougher.

Tenchi Ryu
03-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Wait, so rip has stepped up VS. quality teams? It was Boozer's fault that Rose was missing and turning the ball over vs. the Heat? The whole team played bad not just Booz and he has had good games this year versus quality teams.
The game against the clippers was his best game, and we completely shut them down with everyone healthy and stepping up. Rose might turn the ball over, but why is Boozer not hustling to the other side of the court with the rest of the players to try and contest? Why numerous times this year, Noah is LITERALLY a lone man in the paint with 4 defenders around him, and he's trying to rebound the ball all by himself with Boozer around the 3 point line. Or so many times Boozer has let people blow by him without even putting out a hand. Noah usually gets in foul trouble from touching BOOZER'S man, not his.

I have no problem with people making mistakes, it happens. All our teammates do it, even Rip. Rip on multiple occasions has made questionable passes, questionable shots, and is injury prone. But at least the man tries, which everyone else on the team does. Just put in the effort, that's all I ask. But when you look like you don't give a shit about hustling, Thibs will bench your ass. We are seeing Boozer on the Bench during crucial moments too much now.

Name one lock down defender at PF that has post game, can hit an open jumper, and stays healthy year-to-year.
He relies on the jumper to much though. When its falling, he's unstoppable. Problem is that its times where it isn't. This is where Booz should try some other moves, but the problem is he doesn't. Doesn't try to fake, pump, or maneuver, he'll keep trying that same shot, even when Ice Cold. If Taj's jumper isn't hitting (which is often), he'll relying on getting in the paint. I also don't like how soft Booz is, instead of a layup on some shots, he needs to slam it down. He misses out on And 1 opportunities cause of it.

Rip has had a few games where he shot 4-20, 7-20....and he averages 11 points playing off of Derrick Rose (at 45%). You and the rest of the Rip fanboys, along with people trying to sell Bull's fans wolf tickets (hype us up), have made the Rip acquasition bigger than what it was. If dude can't stay healthy and shoots 44% what's the big deal? We could get a way better steal from giving the opportunity to someone younger and tougher.
But its so many different variables. Most of our key players have went down, and calling it an excuse or not, the condensed season is a big reason. That 44% can get us 10 extra points, and the more the better. I'd STILL take Hamilton over Bogans any day.

Another is to remember we didn't have much options in the first place. EVERYBODY.....EVERYBODY we went after pretty much said fukk us and went somewhere else. We never had many options in the first place, hell we still don't.

All Net
03-07-2012, 02:56 AM
Even that it is good it is just day to day...it is still a worry That Rip keeps getting hurt. Bulls should still look to make a move for a SG...I

Pra
03-07-2012, 02:57 AM
:violin: :violin: :violin:

Tenchi Ryu
03-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Michael Wilbon basically saying what I was in this entire thread...Bulls fans, just relax
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7656096/chicago-bulls-fans-relax-rip-hamilton-injury

Rose
03-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Rip's in a sling, and said he'll be out for "a bit" and is just trying to lift his arm at this point.:facepalm

My sources.

Clocian-IGN
03-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Michael Wilbon basically saying what I was in this entire thread...Bulls fans, just relax
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7656096/chicago-bulls-fans-relax-rip-hamilton-injury

I cosign this powerful post :cheers:

Tenchi Ryu
03-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Rip's in a sling, and said he'll be out for "a bit" and is just trying to lift his arm at this point.:facepalm

My sources.
Still no serious damage and only a mild sprang and contusion. Only thing that has to happen now is he just needs to rest...AGAIN lol. We've made it this far without him, we can keep going. As long as he is set for the playoffs, we are cool.

Basically, when the shit stops hurting, he's good.

Tenchi Ryu
03-07-2012, 02:31 PM
And leave it to Nick Friedell to make shit over the top...as usual.
:lol

"He was walking with his arm in a sling Wednesday morning and doesn't sound like his return is imminent."

Jesus christ, its a mild sprain, Friedell makes it sound like his arm is broken lolol.

Rose
03-07-2012, 02:43 PM
He doesn't hog the ball, can catch and shoot, might be a damn good complement to Rose. And the Wizards are of no mind to hold onto him if they can get something of value in return.<----Really Wilbon?

He's one of the biggest blackholes in the league, and his assist rate illustrates that.

themurph
03-07-2012, 02:52 PM
And leave it to Nick Friedell to make shit over the top...as usual.
:lol

"He was walking with his arm in a sling Wednesday morning and doesn't sound like his return is imminent."

Jesus christ, its a mild sprain, Friedell makes it sound like his arm is broken lolol.

Tenchi...I get what u r saying....I'm somewhere in the middle here...

While I'm not ready for the Bulls brass to start making a million trades, something indeed needs to be done...

I have no beef with Friedell because for the most part he gives it to Bulls fans straight with no chaser...

While there are some people sh*tting on Rip (this is unfair...the guys has always came to play...but injuries happen), it's the way he got injured that's most worrisome....

All this to say that the Bulls should at least go for a say a Wesley Matthews or Jamal Crawford...Somebody that can be an insurance policy...Because putting your faith in a 34 year old shooting guard (who I like BTW...I think Rip is a perfect fit) who has been injured most of the season to stay healthy would be just plain silly....

themurph
03-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for a speedy return for Rip...But it's not looking good. The Bulls may have to make a move.....

----

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/11125748-579/bulls-rip-hamilton-could-be-out-for-extended-period.html

Chicago Suntimes
Bulls

Go Getter
03-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Be honest, if Boozer went down with the same rash of injuries as Rip the same people making excuses for Rip would be all over Boozer's ass talking shit about him. I don't get it.

You say Boozer needs to do this and that on offense but he is leading the team in FG% while your boy Rip is shooting 44%.

I don't see the logic.

Go Getter
03-07-2012, 05:34 PM
The game against the clippers was his best game, and we completely shut them down with everyone healthy and stepping up. Rose might turn the ball over, but why is Boozer not hustling to the other side of the court with the rest of the players to try and contest? Why numerous times this year, Noah is LITERALLY a lone man in the paint with 4 defenders around him, and he's trying to rebound the ball all by himself with Boozer around the 3 point line. Or so many times Boozer has let people blow by him without even putting out a hand. Noah usually gets in foul trouble from touching BOOZER'S man, not his.

I have no problem with people making mistakes, it happens. All our teammates do it, even Rip. Rip on multiple occasions has made questionable passes, questionable shots, and is injury prone. But at least the man tries, which everyone else on the team does. Just put in the effort, that's all I ask. But when you look like you don't give a shit about hustling, Thibs will bench your ass. We are seeing Boozer on the Bench during crucial moments too much now.

He relies on the jumper to much though. When its falling, he's unstoppable. Problem is that its times where it isn't. This is where Booz should try some other moves, but the problem is he doesn't. Doesn't try to fake, pump, or maneuver, he'll keep trying that same shot, even when Ice Cold. If Taj's jumper isn't hitting (which is often), he'll relying on getting in the paint. I also don't like how soft Booz is, instead of a layup on some shots, he needs to slam it down. He misses out on And 1 opportunities cause of it.

But its so many different variables. Most of our key players have went down, and calling it an excuse or not, the condensed season is a big reason. That 44% can get us 10 extra points, and the more the better. I'd STILL take Hamilton over Bogans any day.

Another is to remember we didn't have much options in the first place. EVERYBODY.....EVERYBODY we went after pretty much said fukk us and went somewhere else. We never had many options in the first place, hell we still don't.

I don't blame the management or Rip but I gotta be real. Dude is washed up. There are plenty of 2-guards out there that can get 11pts on 44% shooting playing off of Rose and Deng and Boozer. We might just have to take a chance. Rip was a sure bet barring health but it's evident that he won't pan out right now.

I still think some Bull's fans are unrealistically romantic towards him but that's just my M.O.

pegasus
03-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I guess we gotta hope that he returns before or during the 1st round of the playoffs. That should give them enough time to gel (not that he really needs it, because he fits like a glove) before we face the Heat, barring no other injuries or upsets.

Clocian-IGN
03-07-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't blame the management or Rip but I gotta be real. Dude is washed up. There are plenty of 2-guards out there that can get 11pts on 44% shooting playing off of Rose and Deng and Boozer. We might just have to take a chance. Rip was a sure bet barring health but it's evident that he won't pan out right now.

I still think some Bull's fans are unrealistically romantic towards him but that's just my M.O.

he was averaging 14 and 4 prior to his limited min. and his fg% is not bad, if it was we should be getting on rose and deng. his value is his high bbiq and making the right play to make the offense smooth while at the same time knocking down some shots where available. and this is coming from a booz supporter as well, always have been so thats that.

Go Getter
03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
he was averaging 14 and 4 prior to his limited min. and his fg% is not bad, if it was we should be getting on rose and deng. his value is his high bbiq and making the right play to make the offense smooth while at the same time knocking down some shots where available. and this is coming from a booz supporter as well, always have been so thats that.

If you say so.

44% while playing off ball and getting open shots is not the same as being the #1 option on offense who is hounded by 5 guys all game...average means little when you have such a small sample size, he played well against a team with no SGs, and played a few good minutes but any SG could do what he did on the Bulls vs. poorer teams. The offense has been rough with him in the lineup and smooth with him out of it so you have no proof, again, with such a small sample size, that he is in fact this "big improvement."

Dude is not a special and invaluable asset to the team, his brittle body and shaky shooting has been more of a detriment. We don't need his weak ass, we need someone that can actually step in and play. At least Bogans was dependable.

themurph
03-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Be honest, if Boozer went down with the same rash of injuries as Rip the same people making excuses for Rip would be all over Boozer's ass talking shit about him. I don't get it.

You say Boozer needs to do this and that on offense but he is leading the team in FG% while your boy Rip is shooting 44%.

I don't see the logic.

Go Getter...I respect your posting game for the most part...

But u may want to slow down with chaining yourself to stats so much...

U say you don't see the logic? Well, here it is...

Boozer is getting paid like a superstar...Rip is not...That's the difference...

While I do believe that the Bulls need to protect themselves against Rip not being able to play (By getting a SG via trade...nothing major, just something to tweak...The Bulls can go for a major deal in the off season), comparing Rip's and Boozer's situations is just plain silly...

One guy has a RING, and has shown himself to be a steady, consistent WINNER over the years (Rip)....And the other? (Boozer) Not so much....

One guy can still guard the guy in front of him and help you in other ways (Rip) and the other is sitting on the bench late in games because he's getting outplayed by his PF counterpart when it comes to strong playoff teams....

You can stay fascinated with Boozer's FG% all you want...The rest of us will look at what he does in big games...games that really matter...U see, when a guy that you brought over and paid handsomely is sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter and managed to shoot 5 for 10 from the field (50%), how does that help the Bulls in the big scheme of things?

How does it help the Bulls when he drops 14 and 7 against say Miami and leads the team in FG%, but has to stay on the bench in the 4th quarter because he can't guard Bosh?

This is what you don't seem to understand...Bulls fans are not looking at stats or the surface...

We are looking at real actual games....

Go Getter
03-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Go Getter...I respect your posting game for the most part...

But u may want to slow down with chaining yourself to stats so much...

U say you don't see the logic? Well, here it is...

Boozer is getting paid like a superstar...Rip is not...That's the difference...

While I do believe that the Bulls need to protect themselves against Rip not being able to play (By getting a SG via trade...nothing major, just something to tweak...The Bulls can go for a major deal in the off season), comparing Rip's and Boozer's situations is just plain silly...

One guy has a RING, and has shown himself to be a steady, consistent WINNER over the years (Rip)....And the other? (Boozer) Not so much....

One guy can still guard the guy in front of him and help you in other ways (Rip) and the other is sitting on the bench late in games because he's getting outplayed by his PF counterpart when it comes to strong playoff teams....

You can stay fascinated with Boozer's FG% all you want...The rest of us will look at what he does in big games...games that really matter...U see, when a guy that you brought over and paid handsomely is sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter and managed to shoot 5 for 10 from the field (50%), how does that help the Bulls in the big scheme of things?

How does it help the Bulls when he drops 14 and 7 against say Miami and leads the team in FG%, but has to stay on the bench in the 4th quarter because he can't guard Bosh?

This is what you don't seem to understand...Bulls fans are not looking at stats or the surface...

We are looking at real actual games....
I'M CHAINING MYSELF TO STATS?

Smh. C'mon now.

**** stats then. Dude is sofT. He gets hurt really easily, and when he plays he isn't really effective. People just like him because he's an upgrade over Bogans, but he offers nothing by way of reliability. Before everything else you have to be able to be counted on.

You gonna count on Rip being healthy at ALL after what we've seen so far in 40 games?

Look at the games! He's have several games where he shot 20 shots (about 10 too many) and hit only 6 or 7.

Boozer is who is he is. Taj is a better defender. I have no problem with Taj, the defensive specialist being in for defensive situations. Plenty of stars like Amare (who doesn't guard Dirk), Nash (who doesn't guard any top-flight PGs), and others have defensive deficiencies.

The point is that Boozer helps us out much more than Rip and that is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS.

Tenchu said if we get rid of Rip we need to trade Booz with him and that's the only reason I brought Boozer into the equation. Booz helped us win 62 games. Rip came after that and now he's key for us, even more than Boozer...it's stupid as hell.

------------------

Again, if Booz got hurt the same way Rip did recently and sat out tons of games with a hamstring injury people would be ALL OVER him....yet Rip gets a pass. Is this not evident or am I making it up?
Who gives a **** about how much they make after the season starts? We can't change that.....all I know is everyone needs to suit up and Rip doesn't because he's weak.

I was down on Booz for being hurt before the season last year but this year has he not played a team-high amount of games and stepped up when Rose was out?

Clocian-IGN
03-07-2012, 06:18 PM
so what will you do IF booz does get injured, apparently booz got a pass from you his 1st year, why can't rip? and stop the ignorance of rip doesn't help, you sure you're not looking at just stats?

themurph
03-07-2012, 06:18 PM
I'M CHAINING MYSELF TO STATS?

Smh. C'mon now.

**** stats then. Dude is sofT. He gets hurt really easily, and when he plays he isn't really effective. People just like him because he's an upgrade over Bogans, but he offers nothing by way of reliability. Before everything else you have to be able to be able to be counted on.

You gonna count on Rip being healthy at ALL after what we've seen so far in 40 games?

Look at the games! He's have several games where he shot 20 shots (about 10 too many) and hit only 6 or 7.

Boozer is who is he is. Taj is a better defender. I have no problem with Taj, the defensive specialist being in for defensive situations. Plenty of stars like Amare (who doesn't guard Dirk), Nash (who doesn't guard any top-flight PGs), and others have defensive deficiencies.

The point is that Boozer helps us out much more than Rip and that is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS.

Tenchu said if we get rid of Rip we need to trade Booz with him and that's the only reason I brought Boozer into the equation. Booz helped us win 62 games. Rip came after that and now he's key for us, even more than Boozer...it's stupid as hell.

Listen dog....Rip is a lot of things...But the dude has never had a history of injury (like Boozer)....

If we are real, Rip's injuries have come more from age than anything else...The guy is 34 years old...He's playing a "speed" position...So yeah, he gets hurt...

Bottom line: The two are not comparable....Bulls fans expect waaaaaaay more Boozer than we ever did from Hamilton...Of course Boozer helps the Bulls out more than Hamilton: HE'S YOUNGER AND IS FINALLY HEALTHY...it's hard to out perform someone if you are sitting on the bench injured (Rip)...

Boozer is a good PF...He has had some all-star years....But the Bulls need him for us to beat the big teams...To beat MIA, Philly (in a series), OKC and the Spurs....

This is all Bulls fans care about....We don't care about his FG%...

If the Bulls are going to get pass MIA we need 2 things:

1. We need Boozer to play like an All-Star....We need him to not make needless turn-overs, not miss dunks, and to stop letting bench players kill u on offense and finding yourself sitting on the bench in the later parts of the 4th quarter....That's what Bulls fans expect...

2. We need Rip to get healthy--which probably won't happen given his age--so we have to make a trade for a SG...

G-train
03-07-2012, 06:19 PM

Even if he's (Rip) able to contribute the way the Bulls dreamed when they signed him, Miami would be favored in such a series

from that article

Go Getter
03-07-2012, 06:21 PM
so what will you do IF booz does get injured, apparently booz got a pass from you his 1st year, why can't rip? and stop the ignorance of rip doesn't help, you sure you're not looking at just stats?

*IF Booz gets injured? I gave Booz a pass? What are you blabbering about? Did you not read how I said I got on Booz for being injured last year?

Just stats? What do you mean man I'm looking at you overrating him. He's always hurt and we win games without him. (We are #1 in record, no?)

Dude isn't worth all this ink at this stage of his career I don't like the acquisition.

Why is that so hard to swallow?

themurph
03-07-2012, 06:27 PM
*IF Booz gets injured? I gave Booz a pass? What are you blabbering about? Did you not read how I said I got on Booz for being injured last year?

Just stats? What do you mean man I'm looking at you overrating him. He's always hurt and we win games without him. (We are #1 in record, no?)

Dude isn't worth all this ink at this stage of his career I don't like the acquisition.

Why do you have such a hard on against a guy that's just getting paid just $15 mil vs. someone getting paid nearly $80 million to sit on the bench in the 4th quarters?

Clocian-IGN
03-07-2012, 06:34 PM

Did you want booz gone after he had his injuries last year? I still think you're looking at just stats for rip. you're like the only one who doesn't see the positives rip brings to the offense and would rather have bogans(who's out for the SEASON btw with an injury). I see what booz brings. his 15ppg isn't usually enough for how much he's getting paid but I give him a pass because I'm aware he does other things for the team. rip is on the MLE and provides the same thing. actually his stats for how much he's making > boozer's but that's not the point. he makes the offense run smoother with his high BBIQ. Getting the bigs good looks coming off screens, knowing when to shoot and where to pass etc.

Tenchi Ryu
03-07-2012, 06:39 PM

I don't see the logic.
Nope, cause exactly how I'm defending Rip right now, I was defending Boozer last year. I was one of the ones telling people to lay off Booz, cause he was clearly injured. The only reason I'm hard on him now is cause he's not, and fully healthy.

Yes he provides great things, but the things he doesn't provide REALLY hurt us. And the injured excuse ain't cutting it no more. Same with Rip, if he comes back fully healthy, and just doesn't do what we need or fails, he will get the hammer too.

Go Getter
03-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Why do you have such a hard on against a guy that's just getting paid just $15 mil vs. someone getting paid nearly $80 million to sit on the bench in the 4th quarters?

Is it really that simple?

Amare doesn't guard Dirk (and when he does he gets raped) and he gets paid like an all-star. Dirk can't guard LA, but he's the best PF in the game imo. Taj got man-handled by Bosh in the playoffs, but everyone wants Taj to start over him.

It is what it is, but comparing their salaries is silly because you don't pay guards like you pay forwards.

Go Getter
03-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Nope, cause exactly how I'm defending Rip right now, I was defending Boozer last year. I was one of the ones telling people to lay off Booz, cause he was clearly injured. The only reason I'm hard on him now is cause he's not, and fully healthy.

Yes he provides great things, but the things he doesn't provide REALLY hurt us. And the injured excuse ain't cutting it no more. Same with Rip, if he comes back fully healthy, and just doesn't do what we need or fails, he will get the hammer too.

Hurt us like what? Hurt us into being the #1 team in the East?

Booz brings definite positives to the table. Again, what PFs don't get destroyed by Bosh, Dirk, and Gasol?

That Hansbrough thing got me, but people act like Rip is going to guard the 2 spot well when he can't even take a hard bump to the shoulder.:facepalm

Go Getter
03-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Did you want booz gone after he had his injuries last year? I still think you're looking at just stats for rip. you're like the only one who doesn't see the positives rip brings to the offense and would rather have bogans(who's out for the SEASON btw with an injury). I see what booz brings. his 15ppg isn't usually enough for how much he's getting paid but I give him a pass because I'm aware he does other things for the team. rip is on the MLE and provides the same thing. actually his stats for how much he's making > boozer's but that's not the point. he makes the offense run smoother with his high BBIQ. Getting the bigs good looks coming off screens, knowing when to shoot and where to pass etc.

Run smoother than what? An offense with no real shooting guard? Wow.

I see a few positives but to be honest any starting SG should be producing like that playing off of D. Rose. So I don't think Rip offers us anything special except for a long list of silly injuries to this point.

His 15 ppg isn't enough?:facepalm
I would rather have Bogans?
Rip>Booz in comparison to salary?

Okay, I'm done here.

Go Getter
03-07-2012, 07:03 PM

I have nothing to do with how much they are paid. My expectations have nothing to do with salary. All those years that Jordan was underpaid taught me that.

Clocian-IGN
03-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Run smoother than what? An offense with no real shooting guard? Wow.

I see a few positives but to be honest any starting SG should be producing like that playing off of D. Rose. So I don't think Rip offers us anything special except for a long list of silly injuries to this point.

His 15 ppg isn't enough?:facepalmusually not for how much he's getting paid.
I would rather have Bogans?yup
Rip>Booz in comparison to salary?yup. 14ppg and 4 apg for 5 mil vs 15ppg and 8rpg for 13 mil

Okay, I'm done here.

themurph
03-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Is it really that simple?

Amare doesn't guard Dirk (and when he does he gets raped) and he gets paid like an all-star. Dirk can't guard LA, but he's the best PF in the game imo. Taj got man-handled by Bosh in the playoffs, but everyone wants Taj to start over him.

It is what it is, but comparing their salaries is silly because you don't pay guards like you pay forwards.

Amare has his own problems...Dude is playing with a bum knee....I could care less what he does for the Knicks...lol

I'm talking about my Bulls...I want my Bulls to win a ring...And I'm only concerned with what Boozer and Rip does for my team...

Point being...No one expected Rip to be a 20 and 4 man at 34...At the most the Bulls just wanted a better option than Bogans....That's all...13 to 14 points, the ability to hit open shots and go to the hole when Rose is being doubled...

What we expected from Boozer was something entirely different...And this season at least, he hasn't provided that in the BIG moments...Forgot Boozer guarding Dirk....Boozer has issued guarding most athletic, long PF's whether they are stars or if they are coming from off the bench....

Rose
03-07-2012, 07:26 PM
I love this thread.:oldlol:

Go Getter going at em hard.

Go Getter
03-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Usually? For what he's being paid? Dude is cashing in the touches he gets for the most part. He's a pick and pop PF who isn't being used in the pick and pop. Not really his fault. Although he could pound the paint a bit better when he gets the chance.

I brought up Amare because he is a similarly paid player. Just like David West. Both of which are just about as bad as Booz on D and they both don't do well against taller PFs.

I don't see how this came about, but now it's a Rip vs. Boozer fest.

If you would rather have Rip over Boozer you're living in fantasy land.

Tenchi Ryu
03-07-2012, 09:18 PM
You're being a hypocrite though...If anything, Boozer has JUST as many faults as Rip, yet you keep saying ship Rip, but keep Boozer. But then don't agree with others saying the opposite. If you want to use the other SGs that can take Rip's place, you can say the same for Booz. Hell, one PF I feel more comfortable with in the game is on our own damn Bench.

I understand you might not agree, but you treating it like some foolish opinion that is ridiculous wrong. No disrespect to you, but when Michael Wilbon, one of the few ESPN folks I respect and listen to is basically agreeing with me, then I must be saying something reasonable and gonna listen to him. Even our own coach wants Rip...

Tenchi Ryu
03-07-2012, 09:28 PM
I could understand if what everyone was saying is unreasonable, but all you have to do is look at a game now. Thibs is making Booz sit on the bench more and more. Notice how Noah's mins have INCREASED, yet Boozer's have DECREASED...that's all to do with how much effort they are putting in.