PDA

View Full Version : Sam Smith: "Lebron can't guard Rose"

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 07:06 PM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/ask-sam-sam-smith-opens-his-mailbag-030212.html

[QUOTE]Last year LaBron took Rose on and LaBron

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 07:08 PM
I've been saying that and that LeBron homo SimpleJack was all over my balls.

Anyone who understood what they were watching would've known it wasn't LeBron shutting down Rose one v one in the ECF

Droid101
03-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Anyone who understood what they were watching would've known it wasn't LeBron shutting down Rose one v one in the ECF
Nobody can "shut down" quick point guards one on one in this NBA.

All you can do is funnel them into other players. LeBron did that well in that series.

Lebron23
03-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Sam Smith is a Chicago Bullstard.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/27/2193005/lebron-james-defense-derrick-rose-miami-heat-chicago-bulls

LeBron James' Defense On MVP Derrick Rose Amazing In Miami Heat Series Win Over Chicago Bulls.

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 07:11 PM

Every Bulls fans, at least every intelligent Bulls fans knows this. Only LeBron fans, Heat fans, and NBA fans with simplistic knowledge of the game thinks LeBron shut down Rose by himself. The Heat as a cohesive unit shut down Rose, not simply LeBron Lebron was apart of it and was the primary defender on Rose but he doesn't deserve all the credit like most idiots seem to give him.

I'm glad Smith brought up the point about how LeBron tried to guard Rose in the 2010 playoffs and Rose blew right past him and had no trouble scoring against him.

2010 LeBron is better than 2011 and 2012 LeBron too, so take it for what it is worth.

Lebron23
03-06-2012, 07:12 PM

All you can do is funnel them into other players. LeBron did that well in that series.

Future Positive Repped. I love to see the NBA allows the hand checking rule. It's going to be much easier shutting down these quick and athletic pg who's lacking some basic fundamentals skills.

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Sam Smith is a Chicago Bullstard.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/27/2193005/lebron-james-defense-derrick-rose-miami-heat-chicago-bulls

LeBron James' Defense On MVP Derrick Rose Amazing In Miami Heat Series Win Over Chicago Bulls.
And you're a LeTard?

What man crush are you going to hop onto once LeBron is done or fails?

Lebron23
03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
And you're a LeTard?

Just shut the F*ck up.!!! You wannabee Kobe Bryant @$$clown. Just read the read the article or GTFO.

PJR
03-06-2012, 07:18 PM

This. Debating semantics is for the birds..

RoseCity07
03-06-2012, 07:20 PM
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/rattlehead666/lebronjames_hotfuzzheadslide.gif

keepinitreal
03-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Sam Smith:bowdown:

Wait, who is he again? :lol

Lebron23
03-06-2012, 07:22 PM
This. Debating semantics is for the birds..

The no hand check rule needs to go. That's they only way these elite perimeter defenders can consistently shutdown these fast and athletic PG.

Barea is benefiting from two changes in the rules, beginning with the ban on hand-checking on the perimeter. "If you're a small point guard you can play in our league now," said Celtics coach Doc Rivers. "Before those rules, you struggled in our league.A decade ago a bigger point guard would have gripped a strong hand on Barea's hip and held him back from launching his drives to the basket. On those occasions when he might have broken free, the big defenders protecting the rim would have slammed him hard to the paint in deference to the "no layups" rule that used to be unspoken law throughout the NBA playoffs. Iverson used to be clobbered incessantly when he drove the ball inside, but now Barea is entitled to go wherever he pleases with the understanding that a hard hit may be whistled as a flagrant foul that could result in the ejection of the violent defender. Ask Lakers' forward Ron Artest and center Andrew Bynum, who was tossed after hard fouls against Barea during the Mavs' second-round sweep.

"If you have a quick point guard or a guard who knows how to play, you've got the advantage because there's no hand-checking, and if there's any bumping it's a foul on the defense," said Kidd. "So you're definitely giving the 6-3 or under guy the advantage, and that's just because of the rule changes in the league and the way they're going."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ian_thomsen/06/17/draft.point.guards/index.html#ixzz1oNkMxhNb
"

PickernRoller
03-06-2012, 07:22 PM

^This. Nothing more to make out of this. Bunch of shit followed as expected :facepalm

nathanjizzle
03-06-2012, 07:24 PM
honestly that whole lebron shutting down rose shit is overrated. he does do a good job on rose but most of the time its heats defense as a whole. With that said

Rose is alot more dynamic with his movement and crossovers this year, he gives alot more hesitations and headfakes and waits for opportune time to drive or pass. Instead before he just blasted his way to the rim.

Bulls will beat the heat. heat fans will cry. lebron will go back to cleaveland. wade will get old. bosh will come out the closet.

G-train
03-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Sam Smith is a tard.
Lebron guards him as well as anyone.
Lebron has super lateral quickness and can stand off him and still contest jumpshots.
When he get past Lebron he funnells him perfectly into Miami defensive scheme.
It's only a pinch hit scenario anyway to throw a different look at Rose, as Lebron's influential help D is nullified by placing him on the high usage point guards and other Heat defenders do an adequate job.

G-train
03-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Bulls will beat the heat. heat fans will cry. lebron will go back to cleaveland. wade will get old. bosh will come out the closet.

yep heard this all last season too

Lebron23
03-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Sam Smith is a tard.
Lebron guards him as well as anyone.
Lebron has super lateral quickness and can stand off him and still contest jumpshots.
When he get past Lebron he funnells him perfectly into Miami defensive scheme.
It's only a pinch hit scenario anyway to throw a different look at Rose, as Lebron's influential help D is nullified by placing him on the high usage point guards and other Heat defenders do an adequate job.

Bring back the rep system. I want to rep G-train.

Deuce Bigalow
03-06-2012, 07:29 PM
And you're a LeTard?

LeTard lol

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Bring back the rep system. I want to rep G-train.
aka

I want to give a sloppy blow job to anyone who backs up my agenda

:oldlol:

d21221hk
03-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Lebron does a kick ass job at it, what more can you ask for in this PG favored league? :confusedshrug:

Lebron23
03-06-2012, 07:32 PM
aka

I want to give a sloppy blow job to anyone who backs up my agenda

:oldlol:

No agenda. I watched the Eastern Conference Finals with my eyes wide open.

LilKateMoss
03-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Future Positive Repped. I love to see the NBA allows the hand checking rule. It's going to be much easier shutting down these quick and athletic pg who's lacking some basic fundamentals skills.
Why don't you get off the computer for a while and take some English lessons? That's if you can take LeBron's dick out of your mouth for a minute. Your English is that of a malnourished pilipino ladyboy hooker, it's painful to read. Stupid and redundant, that's what you are.

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 07:35 PM
No agenda. I watched the Eastern Conference Finals with my eyes wide open.
No you didn't ... you see nothing but HEARTS surrounding LeBron James when he's on the screen.

To anyone who plays or even remotely understand basketball, would know LeBron was merely funneling Rose into exsquisite interior defense that needed to focus on no one but Derrick Rose ... forced Rose to shoot contested jumpers by a 6'8 uber athlete.

Nothing special. No straight jacket defense on an island where it was purely one v one of Rose v.s. LeBron.

Let's not even account for Wade and Chalmers sagging off the abysmal Keith Bogans for wind side help defense.

That's why LeBron got torched by a 6th man in the Finals. Team defense couldn't focus on one player. They had to deal with Dirk, Marion, and JJ Barea's penetration as well.

Derrick Rose is the Bulls.

Fiasco
03-06-2012, 07:36 PM
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/rattlehead666/lebronjames_hotfuzzheadslide.gif

Hot Fuzz is the shit.

Lebron23
03-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Why don't you get off the computer for a while and take some English lessons? That's if you can take LeBron's dick out of your mouth for a minute. Your English is that of a malnourished pilipino ladyboy hooker, it's painful to read. Stupid and redundant, that's what you are.

Fat son of B1tch. You are the ugliest and fattest poster in this forum. I'll kick your @$$ in real life without using a baseball bat, or my 45 caliber pistol.

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Employing the hand check would drastically reduce permiter offensive scoring numbers ... but doesn't mean certain players would stop being superstars. Certain players are just that fast, durable, and exceptional to play even with physical punishment and still be superstars. It's also why I respect Iverson, but even with a hand check no one is staying in front of Derrick Rose. Same way they couldn't stay in front of Iverson, KJ, Tim Hardaway, etc.

The hand check would just root out the men from the boys, and the superstars from the glorified role players reaping benefits from specific rule changes.

Lebron23
03-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Swagless Manatee. MBell aka Lilkatemoss.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157601

Inactive
03-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Lebron can't guard Rose, without help, and shut him down. I don't think anyone can.

Lebron always knew where the help was, and forced Rose into them, when he chose to drive. Lebron stayed close enough to contest Rose's jumpshots. Bosh did a great job of giving him time to recover, on the p&r. The Heat's team defense did a good job of giving Lebron time to recover, when Rose ran through screens off the ball.

Defense is always a team effort. Lebron played his role to perfection. What more can you ask for?

Lebron23
03-06-2012, 07:51 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/20z3d6w.png

What's up LilkateMoss? Why did you insulted me in the FBI and CIA Threads? You need to look at your mirror bro. Fat guy in a little coat.

Sometimes these ugly ass losers needs to jump into the Pacific Ocean.

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 07:53 PM
^

How is this kid not banned yet?

Any thread he doesn't like, or offends his man crush, he spams the thread ...

iDefend5
03-06-2012, 07:54 PM
^

I was about to say. All he does is thread bomb a thread that seems to be negative about Lebron to him and this thread really isn't a negative about Lebron.

Lebron23
03-06-2012, 07:56 PM
^

Lilkatemoss started the e beefing. I just finished it.

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 07:57 PM
I was about to say. All he does is thread bomb a thread that seems to be negative about Lebron to him and this thread really isn't a negative about Lebron.
Exactly. The thread topic here is perfectly legit conversation posted by a sports writer.

LeBron23 proceeds to look for an excuse, in this case the newbie who rocked him w/ his post ...

And then thread bombs with pictures about material un-related to the thread topic the rest of us basketball fans would be willing to talk about.

bwink23
03-06-2012, 07:58 PM
How the hell do you guard any guard 1-on-1 with quicks under these soft-ass rules???

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 08:00 PM
How the hell do you guard any guard 1-on-1 with quicks under these soft-ass rules???
The same way you can't guard 6'8 290 lbs SF with no quickness and forearm their way to the basket.

You can't hip check and bump anymore.

Lebron23
03-06-2012, 08:00 PM

:lol :lol :lol

LilKateMoss
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
He's just a pimple-faced pilipino teenager who's spent 10+ hours a day here for the last 6 years. Had he spent one tenth of that time taking English lessons, he would sound like Shakespeare nowadays, but he sounds like Corky's retarded cousin instead. He makes the most stupid threads and never adds anything to the board. Everything he cares about is his daily dose of LeBron's dick licking. He used to be a Cavs fan, but now he defends the heat like his mom was mopping the arena. It's pretty sad, really.

linZoMourning
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
And you're a LeTard?

hes already hopped on a few others with his multiple accounts

Simple Jack
03-06-2012, 08:02 PM

I said he played about as good defense on the most explosive/quick player in the league that someone can possibly play. :roll:

Lebron23
03-06-2012, 08:03 PM
He's just a pimple-faced pilipino teenager who's spent 10+ hours a day here for the last 6 years. Had he spent one tenth of that time taking English lessons, he would sound like Shakespeare nowadays, but he sounds like Corky's retarded cousin instead. He makes the most stupid threads and never adds anything to the board. Everything he cares about is his daily dose of LeBron's dick licking. He used to be a Cavs fan, but now he defends the heat like his mom was mopping the arena. It's pretty sad, really.

Weak insults fat boy!!! I wish we can meet in real life. I always want to punch you in the face.

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 08:03 PM
I said he played about as good defense on the most explosive/quick player in the league that someone can possibly play. :roll:
No you said give him credit for shutting down Rose, like it was a solo job. Which context included, as well as the next series against an inferior offensive weapon showed CLEARLY wasn't the case. But the LeTard keep perpetuating the myth.

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 08:04 PM
hes already hopped on a few others with his multiple accounts
Really? Must know ... who else has he prepared to ride?

KingBeasley08
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
StateofMind, iDefend5, and lilZoMorning are all the same person

:roll: @ Rocketgreatness going crazy. Watch the movie Sybil and get some b*tch to hypnotise u outta ur Multi-Personality Disorder :lol

iDefend5
03-06-2012, 08:08 PM

:roll: @ Rocketgreatness going crazy. Watch the movie Sybil and get some b*tch to hypnotise u outta ur Multi-Personality Disorder :lol
You got the wrong dude. Sorry.

Really? Must know ... who else has he prepared to ride?
He has an account called Durant35 :oldlol:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56620

KingBeasley08
03-06-2012, 08:09 PM
You got the wrong dude. Sorry.

RG everyone knows :oldlol:

its ok man

iDefend5
03-06-2012, 08:10 PM
RG everyone knows :oldlol:

its ok man
Nope, try again, maybe next time though.

inclinerator
03-06-2012, 08:11 PM
lol at the insults in this thread

SwooshReturns

:roll: :roll: :roll:

linZoMourning

you must be the same person as lebron23 only one idiot thinks im rocketgreatness. im just not sure anyone else could be that stupid.

im a spurs fan and i absolutely hate tmac and think he wasted all his greatness just like vince carter. im sure you are both the same person only 1 moron dumb enough to think im a rockets fan. ill even prove it if yall are really that dumb which im thinking you are.

Simple Jack
03-06-2012, 08:12 PM
No you said give him credit for shutting down Rose, like it was a solo job. Which context included, as well as the next series against an inferior offensive weapon showed CLEARLY wasn't the case. But the LeTard keep perpetuating the myth.

My Quotes:

He played FANTASTIC defense on Rose; about as well as you can play the dude.

There were PLENTY of straight up iso plays with no help where LeBron played as good defensively on the fastest/most explosive player in the league that you possibly can.

tmacattack33
03-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Who exactly is Sam Smith and why is the OP taking his word like it is the 100% truth?

linZoMourning
03-06-2012, 08:18 PM
I tell you what though the fact you think im this guy makes me want to keep trolling you harder. its pretty damn funny :roll:

SwooshReturns
Sam Smith is actually very critical and honest about the Bulls and their players. Even though he's a home town beat writer.

tmacattack33
LOL! I found my answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Smith_%28sportswriter%29

Sam Smith is a beat writer for the Bulls. :roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :oldlol:

I am now going to make a thread using some Miami Heat writer talking about how great Lebron is and make a thread about it (or an old article with a Cleveland writer). See ya guys in that thread.

jlip
03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
There are indeed very few people who can actually stay in front of a player as quick and as athletic as Derrick Rose with the modern defensive rules without help from other teammates...Lebron included. But Lebron's defense on Rose troubled him as much as anyone else's. I'll just let Rose, himself speak about Lebron guarding him. See underlined part.

James had his drives, contested jumpers and space-hogging defense on a humbled Rose. James scored 35 points on 26 shots, his least efficient game in the series. Rose had 23 points on 27 shots with seven turnovers, his new reality against this team. He can't get past James easily and he can't shoot over him. When Rose does find space, he always encounters other Heat defenders.

"It's hard where a guy, he's running at top speed, he can easily catch up with you," Rose said. "It's extremely hard where a 6-8 guy can easily defend you.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110525/daily-dime

linZoMourning
03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
lebron23 is just mad that rose surpassed lebron as the best player in the game a week back

d21221hk
03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
lebron23 is just mad that rose surpassed lebron as the best player in the game a week back
:no:

Stop trolling.

RRR3
03-06-2012, 08:31 PM
There are indeed very few people who can actually stay in front of a player as quick and as athletic as Derrick Rose with the modern defensive rules without help from other teammates...Lebron included. But Lebron's defense on Rose troubled him as much as anyone else's. I'll just let Rose, himself speak about Lebron guarding him. See underlined part.

James had his drives, contested jumpers and space-hogging defense on a humbled Rose. James scored 35 points on 26 shots, his least efficient game in the series. Rose had 23 points on 27 shots with seven turnovers, his new reality against this team. He can't get past James easily and he can't shoot over him. When Rose does find space, he always encounters other Heat defenders.

"It's hard where a guy, he's running at top speed, he can easily catch up with you," Rose said. "It's extremely hard where a 6-8 guy can easily defend you.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110525/daily-dime
Clearly rose is a lebron stan!

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Clearly the kid is known to be ultra humble and would do anything to down play himself, or not put down teammates for not being threats to open up room for him to actually have LeBron in his toture chamber, which would be iso off the dribble w/o team defense keying on his drives to the basket.

In the very next series, he couldn't guard 6'3 Jason Terry, who isn't nearly the athletic freak Derrick Rose is ...

StateOfMind12
03-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Who exactly is Sam Smith and why is the OP taking his word like it is the 100% truth?
I have the same opinion as Smith. Smith is just backing up my claim and he used the 2010 playoff series when LeBron faced the Bulls as an example. LeBron couldn't guard Rose in that series despite the fact that LeBron was a much better athlete and a much better player that season.

You are a Tmac fan though so you are automatically a dumbass so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

I guess you never heard of being humble but since you are a fan of LeBron I wouldn't expect you to. :oldlol:

hitmanyr2k
03-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Sam Smith is a bit late on this. I was saying this shit last year. Even if Rose got by Lebron he still had Wade sagging off his man flanking Lebron with Bosh and Joel Anthony in the paint measuring Rose's shit for a block :oldlol: It's not like Lebron was on an island out there.

mrpibb
03-06-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm not reading this thread because I just need to say one thing:

Nobody can guard Rose, especially LeBron who plays like a point guard but isn't a damn point guard. LeBron can't guard him. Go figure.

TheMan
03-06-2012, 08:59 PM
No you didn't ... you see nothing but HEARTS surrounding LeBron James when he's on the screen.

To anyone who plays or even remotely understand basketball, would know LeBron was merely funneling Rose into exsquisite interior defense that needed to focus on no one but Derrick Rose ... forced Rose to shoot contested jumpers by a 6'8 uber athlete.

Nothing special. No straight jacket defense on an island where it was purely one v one of Rose v.s. LeBron.

Let's not even account for Wade and Chalmers sagging off the abysmal Keith Bogans for wind side help defense.

That's why LeBron got torched by a 6th man in the Finals. Team defense couldn't focus on one player. They had to deal with Dirk, Marion, and JJ Barea's penetration as well.

Derrick Rose is the Bulls.

Excellent post, like you said, anyone who knows basketball knows that LBJ by himself isn't stopping a quick small guard like Rose, it was Miami's TEAM defense that did the job. For the Bulls to be successful in the playoffs vs Miami, it's gonna take the other Bulls players stepping up and punishing the Heat for overplaying Rose, if they do, they win, if not, Heat win.

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Excellent post, like you said, anyone who knows basketball knows that LBJ by himself isn't stopping a quick small guard like Rose, it was Miami's TEAM defense that did the job. For the Bulls to be successful in the playoffs vs Miami, it's gonna take the other Bulls players stepping up and punishing the Heat for overplaying Rose, if they do, they win, if not, Heat win.
It's the same way retards were telling me James Posey straight up locked down Kobe in the 2008 Finals as if they were on an island together.

I was like yea ... that's why they had the best team defense in the league zoned up to stop him once he got past his man defense. And the Celtics had to worry about NO ONE else.

This was when Kobe could actually switch it up and not just hoist jumpers, but could get in the lane and compromise the defense with his penetration.

Dengness9
03-06-2012, 09:09 PM

He is really pathetic, but didnt use to be. Everything he has posted for atleast the last 2 years is an embarrassment. I almost didnt post this because I feel bad for him sometimes. Clueless.

donald_trump
03-07-2012, 12:26 AM

when lebron happened to go onto him and guard him, thats just when rose magically happened to shoot 5% from the field. :oldlol:

but yeah, the whole team at that point just decided to defend. :oldlol:

get over it, lebron shut his ass down. one on one, mano-e-mano. made him look silly.

and then he saved his best performance for last. going ham on him in the clutch and making some silly clutch baskets from everywhere on the court.

Simple Jack
03-07-2012, 12:42 AM
when lebron happened to go onto him and guard him, thats just when rose magically happened to shoot 5% from the field. :oldlol:

but yeah, the whole team at that point just decided to defend. :oldlol:

get over it, lebron shut his ass down. one on one, mano-e-mano. made him look silly.

and then he saved his best performance for last. going ham on him in the clutch and making some silly clutch baskets from everywhere on the court.

It just so happened that way. Clear coincidence. When LeBron went on Rose, the team decided to really pick their shit up defensively as to make up for the lack of D LeBron "I can't even guard Terry" James was playing, or rather NOT playing on Rose.

RRR3
03-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Clearly the kid is known to be ultra humble and would do anything to down play himself, or not put down teammates for not being threats to open up room for him to actually have LeBron in his toture chamber, which would be iso off the dribble w/o team defense keying on his drives to the basket.

In the very next series, he couldn't guard 6'3 Jason Terry, who isn't nearly the athletic freak Derrick Rose is ...
Jason Terry may not be fast like rose, but his agility is superb and he can hit contested threes, which Rose could not do. LeBron guarded Terry well for the first two games actually, then he just disappeared in all facets of the game for the rest of the series. LeBron can guard Terry, and usually would have, but he was too busy choking. Doesn't change the fact that he made Rose his bitch in the ECF, though.

PJR
03-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Rose himself, who is an extremely proud cat. said LeBron guarded him EASILY...

But...no LeBron is shit and overrated as a defender...

Sheesh.

Simple Jack
03-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Jason Terry may not be fast like rose, but his agility is superb and he can hit contested threes, which Rose could not do. LeBron guarded Terry well for the first two games actually, then he just disappeared in all facets of the game for the rest of the series. LeBron can guard Terry, and usually would have, but he was too busy choking. Doesn't change the fact that he made Rose his bitch in the ECF, though.

Somehow LeBron's defense on Terry means he didn't play great defense on Rose the previous series. Wonderful logic.

RRR3
03-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Somehow LeBron's defense on Terry means he didn't play great defense on Rose the previous series. Wonderful logic.
Ironic considering these are the same people who never fail to point out how LeBron "mentally checked out" against the Mavericks. Wo:no: :confusedshrug: uldn't that explain him not doing well against Terry? Can't have it both ways.

Eric Cartman
03-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Lebron was able to guard Rose in large part because of the inability of other Chicago Bulls to create of the dribble.

StateOfMind12
03-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Well LeBron fans have always been the dumbest so it doesn't surprise me that they cannot comprehend what is going on here.

Nobody is taking away what LeBron did defensively to Rose. They are simply saying he did not single handily shut down Rose like many LeBron stans are currently saying.

If LeBron single handily shut down Rose, why is it that Rose played a really good series in 2010 vs. the Cavs? LeBron was more athletic and better at almost every aspect of the game in 2010 and yet he couldn't guard Rose in that series.

By the way before you say LeBron didn't guard Rose, someone else did, LeBron did guard him in that series. Rose still got what he wanted.

The Heat shut down Rose as a team, not LeBron himself, which is all that people are saying and arguing. Of course, LeBron fans refuse to give credit to anyone else on the team or outside of the team other than LeBron himself.

Tenchi Ryu
03-07-2012, 01:01 AM
So I guess we all forgot the game last month where Rose dropped 34 points on that ass.....funny some keep bringing up the ECF, yet the exact same tactics where used this year with a fully healthy heat, and Rose still got his. But let me guess, player progress isn't important, lets just keep bringing up old shit cause that's all we got
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Simple Jack
03-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Nobody is taking away what LeBron did defensively to Rose. They are simply saying he did not single handily shut down Rose like many LeBron stans are currently saying.

Do you actually read the posts? Of course they are taking it away. No credit was given to LeBron for his defense on Rose by the usual cast of idiots.

If LeBron single handily shut down Rose, why is it that Rose played a really good series in 2010 vs. the Cavs? LeBron was more athletic and better at almost every aspect of the game in 2010 and yet he couldn't guard Rose in that series.
I can't comment on that, but iirc he wasn't on Rose. And again, how does what he did in 1 series, negate what he did in another. Both happened at different times and could have produced different results. For example, if Westbrook has a great series vs the Lakers with Kobe on him in this years playoffs, it doesn't all of a sudden mean Kobe didn't play him well in 2010. They are two different series and two different results are entirely possible.

By the way before you say LeBron didn't guard Rose, someone else did, LeBron did guard him in that series. Rose still got what he wanted.
I don't remember Bron on Rose in 4th quarters of that series. Not saying it didn't happen but I don't recall. Either way, it's the same issue I said above.

The Heat shut down Rose as a team, not LeBron himself, which is all that people are saying and arguing. Of course, LeBron fans refuse to give credit to anyone else on the team or outside of the team other than LeBron himself.
They were playing team defense on Rose the whole series. They all of a sudden shut him down when LeBron was on him, though? Doesn't make sense.

StateOfMind12
03-07-2012, 01:12 AM
I can't comment on that, but iirc he wasn't on Rose. And again, how does what he did in 1 series, negate what he did in another. Both happened at different times and could have produced different results.
Different team, different system, different players, and so on.

The 2011 Heat team was a much better team especially on defense than the 2010 Cavs. The 2011 Heat were far more athletic, far more mobile, and just simply better at everything defensively compared to the 2010 Cavs. In other words, LeBron had more help defensively from his teammates in Miami than he did in Cleveland.

I'm not saying LeBron didn't defend Rose well. I just don't think he deserves all the credit like most LeBron stans seem to think he deserves.

They were playing team defense on Rose the whole series. They all of a sudden shut him down when LeBron was on him, though? Doesn't make sense.
Rose didn't play in the series at all and in any of the quarters. It is not like Rose was lighting everybody up until LeBron was put on him which is what most LeBron fans like yourself insist on what happened.

Westbrook was lighting up the Lakers for the whole series in the 2010 playoffs until Kobe was put on him. That is called shutting down someone, not what LeBron did to Rose in 2011.

Simple Jack
03-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Rose didn't play in the series at all and in any of the quarters. It is not like Rose was lighting everybody up until LeBron was put on him which is what most LeBron fans like yourself insist on what happened.

Rose also wasn't shooting 5% or whatever it was the whole series until LeBron was on him.

He's not the only reason, but like I said before, LeBron played Rose as good as humanly possible.

I'll post a vid in a few days outlining the defensive plays they were on each other. I just need to torrent the games.

Pharcyde
03-07-2012, 01:15 AM
The Heat defense combined with an injury slowed Rose down. Rose blew by LeBron, but the Bulls always set screens so the second line of defense was always there. I'm willing to bet if the Bulls clear it out and stick Deng and Korver in a corner, Rose will blow by LeBron over and over and over.

Edit: My point is, setting the screens with LeBron on Rose really hurt him.

Edit again: It also didn't help the entire Bulls offense tanked in the 4th Quarter. They were playing some ugly offensive basketball the entire post season.

Also I'll leave this here. This is for you Simple Jack: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1149605

Simple Jack
03-07-2012, 01:50 AM
The Heat defense combined with an injury slowed Rose down. Rose blew by LeBron, but the Bulls always set screens so the second line of defense was always there. I'm willing to bet if the Bulls clear it out and stick Deng and Korver in a corner, Rose will blow by LeBron over and over and over.

Edit again: It also didn't help the entire Bulls offense tanked in the 4th Quarter. They were playing some ugly offensive basketball the entire post season.

Also I'll leave this here. This is for you Simple Jack: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1149605

:confusedshrug:

I'm through 2 of the losses now and there were only 3 plays he posted with LeBron on Rose, and 2 of them were very good defensive possessions from LeBron on ISO plays.

BullsDynasty
03-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Lebron plays good defense on Rose but there is no way in hell he can shut down Rose. No single player can.

Shutting down Rose is a team effort. Anybody who has seen those playoff games knows this. Rose had no problem getting by Lebron.

Heat's help defense was the main reason for Rose's poor performance. Not Lebron's individual defense. Don't get it twisted.

TheAesirsFinest
03-07-2012, 02:06 AM

Wow, what a thread you linked bro :applause: I'll read it in its entirety tomorrow; it's getting late here. Thanks for the read!

Also, it's pretty amusing reading the garbage some people post on this thread. I swear, people's agendas completely eff up their vision/memories.

Simple Jack
03-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Lebron plays good defense on Rose but there is no way in hell he can shut down Rose. No single player can.

Shutting down Rose is a team effort. Anybody who has seen those playoff games knows this. Rose had no problem getting by Lebron.

Heat's help defense was the main reason for Rose's poor performance. Not Lebron's individual defense. Don't get it twisted.

That's the point. LeBron guarded Rose about as good as anyone can possibly guard him. That's the issue here. Acting like Bron didn't do anything to affect Rose and using the NBA Finals and his defense on Terry as some sort of proof is :hammerhead:

All Net
03-07-2012, 02:41 AM
Not all game but he can in stages....but for it to be really strong it has to be a team effort from Miami to hold him down which is what happened last year.

mark
03-07-2012, 02:51 AM

Lebron can shut down Rose. Rose has freaky athleticism and can move sideways, but Lebron is a beast. I have seen Lebron with difficulty guarding only Carmelo, due to size

Tenchi Ryu
03-07-2012, 02:53 AM
Lebron can shut down Rose. Rose has freaky athleticism and can move sideways, but Lebron is a beast. I have seen Lebron with difficulty guarding only Carmelo, due to size
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

mark
03-07-2012, 03:00 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Lebron can guard anybody 1-5

Tenchi Ryu
03-07-2012, 03:24 AM
Lebron can guard anybody 1-5
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Pharcyde
03-07-2012, 03:32 PM
:confusedshrug:

I'm through 2 of the losses now and there were only 3 plays he posted with LeBron on Rose, and 2 of them were very good defensive possessions from LeBron on ISO plays.

Did you actually read any of it?

Alamo
03-07-2012, 03:34 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

USAF_AMMO
03-07-2012, 04:35 PM
LOL! I found my answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Smith_%28sportswriter%29

Sam Smith is a beat writer for the Bulls. :roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :oldlol:

I am now going to make a thread using some Miami Heat writer talking about how great Lebron is and make a thread about it (or an old article with a Cleveland writer). See ya guys in that thread.

Maybe I am splitting hairs here, but Sam Smith is not your typical beat reporter. He is a Hall of Fame sports writer that has served 4 terms as the president of the Professional Basketball Writers Association. The dude wrote the Jordan Rules.

I do see your point. Covering the Bulls all those years he probably does have some bias. But he does have credentials and his perspective is obviously well respected.

chairman
03-08-2012, 12:38 PM
:cheers: lebron can't guard kobe either