PDA

View Full Version : GIF: Kobe Bryant's defense on Dwyane Wade & Lebron James!

Bladers
03-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Finding one on one matchups with Kobe guarding Wade is rare. Even though Kobe guarded him through out the duration of the game.
Why? Mainly because Wade only plays through screens and picks. Here are a few one on one plays with Kobe guarding wade. Its amazing the defense Kobe played on him. Wade looked shook. He never got off one good shot on Kobe.

He was completely shutdown. For a guy who some said was the best post SG in the league. He couldn't do nothing against kobe one on one. He couldn't even get off a shot one on one against him while Kobe was having his way on Wade on the other end.

Kobe also found his way onto Lebron once during the game, and forced him into an air-ball.

In conclusion, Kobe's man on man individual defense is still one of the best in the league and very under-rated.

Kobe on Lebron

http://i.minus.com/im7wcIel4GOoO.gif

Kobe on Wade

http://i.minus.com/iBmpfCNORAZDf.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibsR6hnzlxbooT.gif

http://i.minus.com/iVnsZXa5tYVZf.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibeTIL0bLJ0xip.gif

http://i.minus.com/i83XfBpqnbfkG.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibszLkiFtJ2T22.gif

http://i.minus.com/iRBc2335DVc3i.gif

http://i.minus.com/itOvdSFB3cDcA.gif

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Outstanding fundamental defense. When he wants to be, he can be a great defender. He just doesn't consistently have the energy to do it all the time.

Heavincent
03-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Wade was SHOOK out there. The Masked Mamba ripped his heart out and showed it to him.

Bladers
03-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Outstanding fundamental defense. When he wants to be, he can be a great defender. He just doesn't consistently have the energy to do it all the time.

Yep wade didn't see what hit him. :oldlol:

SwooshReturns
03-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Yep wade didn't see what hit him. :oldlol:
Yea, he wasn't ready for that effort. Wade also made numerous mistakes when Kobe was playing him for the jumper, Wade being infactuated as he is with drawing fouls instead of getting buckets ... messed up his own game instead of just pulling the trigger on the jumper, kept trying to get Kobe in foul trouble with the classic "let me jump into you when you're in the air and I get two free throws" maneuver that has become so popular in the modern NBA.

Which begs two questions. If he kept doing this ... and was more concerned with getting Kobe in foul trouble than taking what the defense was begging him to do ... Kobe's d must have been seriously in his mind, and must have been really annoying his game.

Which plays into the "psychology of sports" ... something LeBron fans don't understand.

:oldlol:

Tha Catalyst
03-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Everyone knows that Kobe's man defense is still some of the best, it's just that he doesn't have the energy to do it consistently enough to still be one of the NBA's top defenders. He can't do that and carry his teams offense at this age anymore.

Amazing defense on Wade, wasn't falling for Wade's fakes and the one he did he avoided the foul and forced Wade into a useless pass to avoid the travel.

Eat Like A Bosh
03-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Kobe was a great perimeter defender in his prime, he just doesn't do this all the time. The Masked Mamba definitely got his payback.

pegasus
03-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Wade commits a disgusting travel in the first play. He first establishes his left foot as pivot, then shuffles it way before he puts the ball on the floor. He and Lebron always get away with shit like that.

c3z4r
03-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Wade commits a disgusting travel in the first play. He first establishes his left foot as pivot, then shuffles it way before he puts the ball on the floor. He and Lebron always get away with shit like that.

sad but true

PP34Deuce
03-06-2012, 10:00 PM
That was great defense.... And some of those shot Wade was def shook.

I looked online and didn't realize Kobe and Wade have a 4 year difference... Why did I always think it was like 6-7 years.

They practically are the same generation

Nick Young
03-06-2012, 10:02 PM
DA GOAT, best perimeter defender in the league WHEN HE TRIES:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

tmacattack33
03-06-2012, 10:21 PM
If you're going to post the plays when Kobe went for the strip and succeeded, why didn't you post the plays where he went for the strip and failed giving Wade a free path to the basket?

Kobe's one on one D is good, but not near the top of the NBA.

NLZ
03-06-2012, 11:00 PM
GIFS not working...

swi7ch
03-06-2012, 11:03 PM
MIA will still be hoisting the title at the end of the season... :confusedshrug:

swi7ch
03-06-2012, 11:04 PM
GIFS not working...
Upgrade to a Premium account.

PJR
03-06-2012, 11:06 PM
MIA will still be hoisting the title at the end of the season... :confusedshrug:

This...

How many times has LeGod baptized Kobrick led teams? 11-6....ain't nobody scared of Kobrick...Not a single damn was given by Miami during that game. :oldlol:

unbreakable
03-06-2012, 11:09 PM
He was completely shutdown. For a guy who some made an unpopular statement about him being the best post SG in the league.

:wtf: when and why would wade say this?

pegasus
03-06-2012, 11:11 PM
This...

How many times has LeGod baptized Kobrick led teams? 11-6....ain't nobody scared of Kobrick...Not a single damn was given by Miami during that game. :oldlol:
Is that why Wade was doing his best E.T. impersonation at the end of the game?:lol

tmacattack33
03-06-2012, 11:24 PM
This stupid thread made me watch Kobe intently on D tonight at the end of the game.

Stuckey crossed him up one time and then another time near the end of overtime, Detroit threw the ball to Prince with like 4 seconds left on the shot clock...Kobe couldn't keep him contained even for 4 seconds and it ended up leading to an open 5 foot runner for Prince.

I'll post the gifs tomorrow if those plays end up on youtube.

Kobe isn't top 10 in this league anymore. Sorry Kobe fans. 8-26 is more consistent with his play this year than his game against Miami on Sunday.

iDefend5
03-06-2012, 11:26 PM
This stupid thread made me watch Kobe intently on D tonight at the end of the game.

Stuckey crossed him up one time and then another time near the end of overtime, Detroit threw the ball to Prince with like 4 seconds left on the shot clock...Kobe couldn't keep him contained even for 4 seconds and it ended up leading to an open 5 foot runner for Prince.

I'll post the gifs tomorrow if those plays end up on youtube.

Kobe isn't top 10 in this league anymore. Sorry Kobe fans. 8-26 is more consistent with his play this year than his game against Miami on Sunday.
You're a Tmac fan, nobody cares what you think. You came in this thread to criticize Kobe's D? Yeah at least Kobe played D before, can't say teh same for your boy She-Mac. :oldlol:

tmacattack33
03-06-2012, 11:30 PM
You're a Tmac fan, nobody cares what you think. You came in this thread to criticize Kobe's D? Yeah at least Kobe played D before, can't say teh same for your boy She-Mac. :oldlol:

This thread isn't about T-mac. I could talk about Garnett failing to do anything of value for 10 years in Minnesota but I won't.

Anyway, my posts here are in response to Kobe homers (including Magic Johnson, who said after Sunday's game that Kobe belong in the MVP discussion with Lebron and Durant which is buffoonish) going crazy because of Kobe having three good games since the all-star break and them suddenly trying to say that he's got his groove back or whatever.

No, he's still the same player as before the all-star break. Players have ups and downs in a season...three good games mean nothing - the average over the whole season (which is now around 40 games deep) does.

iDefend5
03-06-2012, 11:32 PM
This thread isn't about T-mac. I could talk about Garnett failing to do anything of value for 10 years in Minnesota but I won't.

Anyway, my posts here are in response to Kobe homers going crazy because of Kobe having three good games since the all-star break and them suddenly trying to say that he's got his groove back or whatever.

No, he's still the same player before the all-star break. Players have ups and downs in a season...three good games mean nothing. The average over the whole season (which is now around 40 games deep) does.
*sees username* *sees that he is a Tmac fan* *Realizes that nobody should take him seriously*

Seriously, You don't deserve to be taken seriously. I mean really? A Tmac fan? And a Tmac fan talking shit specifically about someone's defense?

Tmac blows dude, you don't deserve to talk shit anybody or any player.

How many playoff series has Tmac won in his career? Ohh I'll tell you, ZERO. Just like the amount of times you have probably gotten laid in your life.

Tmac: 0-8 in all the playoff series he played in.

When Tmac was ruled out for the season, the Rockets finally got past the 1st round.

What does that say about your boy? Oh, he is a pathetic loser and he shouldn't be taken seriously just like you.

tmacattack33
03-06-2012, 11:37 PM
*sees username* *sees that he is a Tmac fan* *Realizes that nobody should take him seriously*

Seriously, You don't deserve to be taken seriously. I mean really? A Tmac fan? And a Tmac fan talking shit specifically about someone's defense?

Tmac blows dude, you don't deserve to talk shit anybody or any player.

How many playoff series has Tmac won in his career? Ohh I'll tell you, ZERO. Just like the amount of times you have probably gotten laid in your life.

Tmac: 0-8 in all the playoff series he played in.

When Tmac was ruled out for the season, the Rockets finally got past the 1st round.

What does that say about your boy? Oh, he is a pathetic loser and he shouldn't be taken seriously just like you.

Translation: I've lost this argument, so I'll move on to bashing T-mac. I'll also hypocritically ignore the comments about the guy in my signature, KG.

iDefend5
03-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Translation: I've lost this argument, so I'll move on to bashing T-mac.
What argument? I'm just saying nobody cares what you think and you have no right to talk shit because you're a Tmac fan. That's it, nobody takes you seriously and nobody ever will.

Flagrant 2
03-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Just another day for the Black Mamba. :bowdown:

tmacattack33
03-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Just another day for the Black Mamba. :bowdown:

LOL yup. Brick Mamba doing his best to keep the Lakers out of contention.

8-26. Just another day for this guy who thinks it was wrong for some reason that the AP guys voted him 7th best in the league. If he keeps playing like this, 11th or so is probably what he will be when they do the poll again at the end of this year.

Flagrant 2
03-06-2012, 11:48 PM

8-26. Just another day for this guy who thinks it was wrong for some reason that the AP guys voted him 7th best in the league. If he keeps playing like this, 11th or so is probably what he will be when they do the poll again at the end of this year.
Back to Back championships as the #1. Just another day for the Black Mamba. :bowdown:

iDefend5
03-06-2012, 11:49 PM

The Irony of a Tmac fan using brick insults involving another player. :roll:

Flagrant 2
03-06-2012, 11:50 PM
The Irony of a Tmac fan using brick insults involving another player. :roll:
:oldlol:

gengiskhan
03-27-2012, 09:33 PM
DA GOAT, best perimeter defender in the league WHEN HE TRIES:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

stfu

not even top 5 perimeter defenders.

stop overrating the rapist. He was shit on too many times.

KingBeasley08
03-27-2012, 10:24 PM
His Airness would hold either to 2 points on 1/20 shooting :bowdown:

keepinitreal
03-28-2012, 12:35 AM
http://oi51.tinypic.com/16lh6k3.jpg

:hammerhead:

ballashotcalla
03-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Kobe only defends when he's about to get schooled.

Normally, he guards the weaker player on the other team and has terrible help defense.

shadow
03-28-2012, 02:38 AM
Kobe's a lazy defender. When he wants to he can but 90% of the time he doesn't bother, choosing to play that "roaming" defense bs where he gets to stand 10 feet from his guy and point to his teammates to pick guys up.

DJ Leon Smith
03-28-2012, 05:24 AM
More evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylPC8ojduiA

CelticsDraftee
03-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Wade was SHOOK out there. The Masked Mamba ripped his heart out and showed it to him.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltl9nnSQTI1qktabw.jpg

Bladers
04-22-2012, 07:08 PM
bump.
westbrook 3/22

contemplating putting westbrooks gifs up :pimp:

Faptastrophe
04-22-2012, 07:10 PM
http://oi51.tinypic.com/16lh6k3.jpg

:hammerhead:
:yaohappy:

kileer7
04-22-2012, 07:34 PM
You guys are out of your minds. It's like you sit back and stockpile clips, stats, or anything that supports your preconceptions about Kobe. The man is a good player but he's not what you think that he is.

Good win for the Lakers but this Kobe hype is unbearable.

Punpun
04-22-2012, 07:35 PM
>Kobe hype.

:yaohappy:

tmacattack33
04-22-2012, 07:36 PM
bump.
westbrook 3/22

contemplating putting westbrooks gifs up :pimp:

Great. So you've waited 2 months for another chance to put up some gifs of Kobe having a good game defending an all-star.

I think that actually argues against Kobe being a good defender. Good job.

Punpun
04-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Shutting down someone so haard is a rarity. Do you actually watch the NBA or what ?

tmacattack33
04-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Shutting down someone so haard is a rarity. Do you actually watch the NBA or what ?

Westbrook's had a 3 for 14 game, 4 for 16 game, 7 for 23 game, 5 for 16 game, and a 9 for 26 game all in this month alone.

tmacattack33
04-22-2012, 07:43 PM
And he hasn't had a 10 assist game this whole month until today.

20Four
08-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Bump

NumberSix
08-20-2013, 06:55 PM
OP is a phaggit.

20Four
08-20-2013, 07:05 PM
OP is a phaggit.

Ur hating kuz kobe got your boy good....now get out of here you monkey shit