PDA

View Full Version : Rumor - Thunder to seek Howard trade? (Seek to be added to list?)

niko
03-07-2012, 08:34 PM
This is a RUMOR. So don't call me an asshole because this would mean he doesn't go to your favorite team, i'm not saying it's likely or even plausible, as i said it is a RUMOR.

The rumor is OKC wants permission to talk to HOward to guage interest in becoming part of a big three with Durant and Wesbrook. They'd trade Perkins, Ibaka, Harden, filler and picks.

That's actually a good trade for both teams. The problem would be the small market not attracting Howard and that Howard would not be "the man" as he'd want to be (although he'd win titles much more easily, Durant/Westbook/Howard is definitely better than the star power either Brooklyn or Dallas would have.

They'd be a favorite to win the title now and for several years.

Just a rumor...but a fun one, no?

outbreak
03-07-2012, 08:37 PM
OKC dream trades were at the top of me and my mates list for best return.
Instant shot at a ring for Howard on a likeable up and coming team, Orlando should get back some quality players and a good mix of defensive and offensive guys who are also young and developing.
Can i ask where you heard this rumour?

D12"Magic"
03-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Source of Rumor is? Would be a scary team

lilgodfather1
03-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Great trade for Orlando. Hope it happens.

spiegel
03-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Howard-Durant-Westbrook? Wow.....That'll gut the Thunders depth, but that would be nasty.

The_Yearning
03-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Howard-Durant-Westbrook? Wow.....That'll gut the Thunders depth, but that would be nasty.

Fvck the depth... all of these dudes are in their age primes now... they can all play 42-44 minutes a game. They only need the scrubs to play 8 mins max a game. That is 2 mins. a quarter.

Plus, they would probably foul out the other team before the 4th quarter even starts.

GOBB
03-07-2012, 08:43 PM
So who starts at PF? 6th man?

MeLO MvP 15
03-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Link?

If there is none, it's not a rumor.

spiegel
03-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Just think about all the good looks all three will get because they can all draw double teams.

TheMarkMadsen
03-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Hate to bring up the CP3/LA trade but if that got vetoed no way in hell this doesn't..

niko
Source of Rumor is? Would be a scary team
Random twitter chatter, started by (i am speculating) articles in OKC paper, Simmons & Broussard also seem to be fueling as part of their updates but more of "it would make sense".

Like i said, rumor. In it's purest sense.

RoseCity07
They'd have to trade Ibaka, Westbrook, and Harden to get that deal done.

FindingTim
03-07-2012, 08:46 PM
ya know, if that trade went down, I might actually root for Dwight Howard. How could you resist liking that big 3??
and honestly, if Orlando wants Westbrook instead of Harden, Harden/Durant/Howard would be a nasty big 3 too.

niko
Link?

If there is none, it's not a rumor.
Go to twitter. TYpe HOWARD, THUNDER. Read throught the long list.

I heard it, it's a rumor. Do people not get the word rumor? I think we've taken it to mean "imminent move being discussed".

D12"Magic"
Random twitter chatter, started by (i am speculating) articles in OKC paper, Simmons & Broussard also seem to be fueling as part of their updates but more of "it would make sense".

Like i said, rumor. In it's purest sense.
Howard would be dumb to say no to go to OKC. Hope he pairs up with Deron in NJ/Brooklyn though.

Rumors are expected

webberz0044
03-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Dwight's ego is too big for a city the size of OKC.

niko
03-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Mohammed makes the salaries match, and they could send picks. You don't mean talentwise do you? Harden and Ibaka are better than most teams are offering.

LBJMVP
03-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Hate to bring up the CP3/LA trade but if that got vetoed no way in hell this doesn't..

david stern owed the hornets... he didnt veto the trade he simply said no i dont want to do the trade like any other owner would say if he didnt want to trade someone.

these teams are not run by stern so anything can happen.

orlando makes out great... harden could be an allstar player since he doesnt have to backup durant and westbrook anymore.

RoseCity07
03-07-2012, 08:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7v56umd

talkingconch
03-07-2012, 08:49 PM
whatever happens is gonna happen in a week from now

just like the carmelo anthony dilemma last year

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Go to twitter. TYpe HOWARD, THUNDER. Read throught the long list.

I heard it, it's a rumor. Do people not get the word rumor? I think we've taken it to mean "imminent move being discussed".
not only that, but when u open up ish before you hit the message board link, it is the top rumor on the page.

OKCThunderUP
03-07-2012, 08:52 PM

OKC isn't going to give up Westbrook AND Harden. That's just absurdly stupid.

Harden, Ibaka, and Perkins would be enough to get that deal done if you ask me.

outbreak
03-07-2012, 08:52 PM

Hate to bring up there is no way to veto a trade. The cp3 one could be vetoed because the league owns the hornets. This is completely different and you idiots need to stop thinking it's the same.
If it happens it'll be harden/ibaka/perkins and a pick or maynor imo
before the season i would have said they'd think of trading westbrook over harden but not now.

OKCThunderUP
03-07-2012, 08:53 PM
not only that, but when u open up ish before you hit the message board link, it is the top rumor on the page.

Yeah, and I like how when you click that link there's not a single mention of Dwight nor the Thunder... :oldlol:

dunksby
03-07-2012, 08:56 PM
You put OKC minus Durant in that trade :roll: :roll:

NewYorkNoPicks
03-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Lol way to overvalue your assets Thunder... Newsflash Perkins sucks....Ibaka is overrated... and what are your picks worth when you have Durant Westbrook and Howard? The 30th pick a few years in a row means sh!t

Geriatric
03-07-2012, 08:58 PM
If I was Orlando I'd ask for Westbrook and let OKC keep Harden. OKC could ask for Ryan Anderson to fill the void at PF and help spread the floor for Dwight and Durant.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=77lzcf2

Westbrook would have his own team and would get to "be the man" and put up as many shots as his heart desires. ORL would have a couple of nice rebuilding pieces as a result.

OKC could start
Maynor
Harden
Durant
Anderson
Howard

ORL could start
Westbrook
J-Rich or Nelson if they want to go with 2 PG lineup
Turk or J-Rich
Ibaka
Perkins

Only real drawback dealing with OKC is they don't have the pieces to eat a bad contract like Turk's.

DuMa
03-07-2012, 09:00 PM
if im OKC, i trade away Russ and keep Harden. if you get Dwight, someone is gonna have to know how to throw him the ball.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-07-2012, 09:01 PM
So Orlando gives up Anderson and DH for Westbrook? :lol

dunksby
03-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Let's not forget this is not even a rumor.

OKCThunderUP
03-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Oh look, all the retards who don't watch Westbrook play are crawling out of the woodwork talking about his ego and assist numbers now. God damn this board is full of morons.

TheMarkMadsen
03-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Hate to bring up there is no way to veto a trade. The cp3 one could be vetoed because the league owns the hornets. This is completely different and you idiots need to stop thinking it's the same.
If it happens it'll be harden/ibaka/perkins and a pick or maynor imo
before the season i would have said they'd think of trading westbrook over harden but not now.

The General Manager, Head Coach, and Hornet's executives all signed off the deal. David Stern gave the hornets GM permission to trade paul. Owners don't make trades you idiot General Managers do.

They worked tirelessly over trying to send CP3 out of town for weeks. Dell Demps (Hornets general manager) signed off on what he believed was the best deal for Paul, which was to send him to the Lakers.

Stern then, under pressure from other owners vetoed the deal. Every trade has to go through the leagues front office before it goes through.

Nice try though :applause:

chips93
03-07-2012, 09:06 PM
The General Manager, Head Coach, and Hornet's executives all signed off the deal. David Stern gave the hornets GM permission to trade paul. Owners don't make trades you idiot General Managers do.

They worked tirelessly over trying to send CP3 out of town for weeks. Dell Demps (Hornets general manager) signed off on what he believed was the best deal for Paul, which was to send him to the Lakers.

Stern then, under pressure from other owners vetoed the deal. Every trade has to go through the leagues front office before it goes through.

general managers dont make any moves against the decision of their owners.

owners sign the checks, they have final say.

outbreak
03-07-2012, 09:08 PM
lol markmadsen, the ownership structure of the Hornets is that all the owners own a piece of it aswell. Owners have the power to veto trades and tell their employees what to do. They wanted to keep the Hornets a more attractive rebuilding team for potential buyers.

anyway back to this "rumour"

What would it take to move Nash out of Phoenix?
Would it be robbery for this:
Orlando get: nash, harden, perkins and mouhammed
OKC get: dwight
Suns get: nelson, ibaka and OKC's first round pick

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-07-2012, 09:09 PM
lol markmadsen, the ownership structure of the Hornets is that all the owners own a piece of it aswell. Owners have the power to veto trades and tell their employees what to do. They wanted to keep the Hornets a more attractive rebuilding team for potential buyers.
:oldlol: ,they wanted to fck over the Lakers, be real dude. I bet you an official vote didn't even take place.

maybeshewill13
03-07-2012, 09:09 PM
No way this happens. Dwight's ego is too big to go to Oklahoma City.

Suckafree
03-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah this is interesting. But like another poster said, I really think Orlando wants to get rid of Hedos contract

imdaman99
03-07-2012, 09:11 PM
:eek:

flipogb
03-07-2012, 09:14 PM

nope, im a Lakers fan and I agree that Stern had the power as the Hornets owner

yes every trade has to go through the office, the numbers have to work. this won't get vetoed

Pra
03-07-2012, 09:19 PM
If Magics send Glen Davis or Turk to OKC and a third team takes Jrich for a draft pick or something?

MeLO MvP 15
03-07-2012, 09:21 PM
There's a difference between a rumor and speculation.... sadly places like ESPN label speculation as rumors all the time.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-07-2012, 09:21 PM
nope, im a Lakers fan and I agree that Stern had the power as the Hornets owner

yes every trade has to go through the office, the numbers have to work. this won't get vetoed
During his press conference before the All-Star Weekend, he said he didn't have the power you imply he had/has.

niko
03-07-2012, 09:23 PM
There's a difference between a rumor and speculation.... sadly places like ESPN label speculation as rumors all the time.
there is no difference on ESPN, there is no way you can tell which is which. To try to point out otherwise is silly.

Derka
03-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Howard would be mentally ill to not sign an extension with OKC if they can pull any kind of trade off for him.

longtime lurker
03-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Howard would be mentally ill to not sign an extension with OKC if they can pull any kind of trade off for him.

I don't put it past him. This is the same guy that's not willing to sign an extension with the Lakers. The league's premier franchise.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-07-2012, 09:40 PM
I thought there were questions about Thunder being able to afford keeping Durant and Westbrook around long-term, being a small market team and all.

chips93
03-07-2012, 09:47 PM
I thought there were questions about Thunder being able to afford keeping Durant and Westbrook around long-term, being a small market team and all.

nope

both are locked in long term

the questions were whether they can hold onto ibaka and harden

shake N bake
03-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Howard
Collision
Durant
Sefolosha
Westbrook

WOW the ultimate mixure of Defense and Offense.

I like harden but he can be redundant at times when durant and westbrook on the floor. and at the same time OKC addresses their biggest need INSIDE SCORING

Whoah10115
03-07-2012, 11:35 PM
This is a RUMOR. So don't call me an asshole because this would mean he doesn't go to your favorite team, i'm not saying it's likely or even plausible, as i said it is a RUMOR.

The rumor is OKC wants permission to talk to HOward to guage interest in becoming part of a big three with Durant and Wesbrook. They'd trade Perkins, Ibaka, Harden, filler and picks.

That's actually a good trade for both teams. The problem would be the small market not attracting Howard and that Howard would not be "the man" as he'd want to be (although he'd win titles much more easily, Durant/Westbook/Howard is definitely better than the star power either Brooklyn or Dallas would have.

It makes sense for OKC to be interested in gauging his interest. If that ever happened, they'd have to give up Westbrook tho and there would be no way around it. Westbrook and Harden would both have to go, which is why I don't believe there's any shot.

BlackVVaves
03-07-2012, 11:48 PM
It makes sense for OKC to be interested in gauging his interest. If that ever happened, they'd have to give up Westbrook tho and there would be no way around it. Westbrook and Harden would both have to go, which is why I don't believe there's any shot.

What? Says who? Nets are offering frigging Brook Lopez picks and trash, and that's cool -- but the Thunder give up an All Star a player on the cusp of All Stardom? What are you smoking chief?

:oldlol:

Ibaka, Perkins, and Harden. Picks, sure. Another player or two, okay. After that? **** off Otis. Either do that or take the Bynum and two picks trade. That's the best deal you're getting, unless Chicago decides to throw in the kitchen sink with Noah, Boozer, and Deng.

Cowboy Thunder
03-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Not quite sure why the #1 team in the league would want to mess with their chemistry.

Dwight sucks. I'll keep Ibaka and Harden who put up 50+ points and 20+ rebounds tonight.

outbreak
03-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Not quite sure why the #1 team in the league would want to mess with their chemistry.

Dwight sucks. I'll keep Ibaka and Harden who put up 50+ points and 20+ rebounds tonight.

They don't draw the double team like Howard, if he can make the cast he is playing with get as many open looks as they do imagine how hard it will be to stop Durant and Westbrook.

hawkfan
03-08-2012, 12:07 AM

His ego won't tolerate being the third option.

Even Kevin Durant has to fight with Westbrook to get the ball, so where are shots going to be for Howard.

wang4three
03-08-2012, 12:37 AM
I think the Thunder should stay pat. Things are working over there, don't break it up. Everyone is buying into the system and playing cohesively. I'm very impressed that James Harden is ok with coming off the bench too. Given a guy with his talent, skill, and youth, you'd think he'd have a bigger ego.

Don't break it up now.

Cowboy Thunder
03-08-2012, 12:40 AM
And knowing that Sam Presti comes from the San Antiono model of doing things, I really doubt you'd see this.

San Antonio won a couple NBA titles staying put and not trading away anyone.

Besides, anyone remember KD punking Dwight repeatedly at the All-Star game? I think KD considers Dwight a dumb fake tough guy.

KDthunderup
03-08-2012, 12:41 AM
His ego won't tolerate being the third option.

Even Kevin Durant has to fight with Westbrook to get the ball, so where are shots going to be for Howard.
Howard can't be first option on offense if he wants to win a ring.

Scoooter
03-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Collison's a pretty good player.

Eric Cartman
03-08-2012, 12:44 AM
From a basketball perspective it would make sense for Dwight to try to team up with Westbrook & Durant forming a team capable of dominating the Western Conference for a long time. From what i've heard in the media Dwight wants to play in a big market city albeit for sponsorship or lifestyle. I like to add that i hate when great players make decisions to play in big market cities even though from a basketball perspective it doesn't make sense. Look at Carmelo last year forcing himself out a great situation basketball wise going to his hometown Knicks. Don't get me wrong i respect him for making the best decision money wise & for his family. But as a fan it is truly a shame to watch a player like that not being able to put himself in the best position basketball wise.

outbreak
03-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Dwights never actually said he wants to goto a big market. He actually said china is the biggest market so he doesn't mind where he plays. It could work in OKC he doesn't have to be given constant touches but okc could have a spot for him as their publicity player. Westbrook and Durant are both abit quiet and aren't as playful so i think they'd be fine letting Howard do that media crap while they play ball.

Celtic_Pride
03-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Westbrook + Perkins should be good enough to land Dwight.

Harden
Sefolosha
Durant
Ibaka
Dwight

Scary scary team and easily the best on paper

Also Westbrook is not a pass first PG, so it will be messed up with Westbrook/Durant/Dwight all wanting the ball. From OKC's perspective this trade makes the most sense to me.

Dwight and Ibaka on the same team? Dare to bring the ball inside!

Not 6, not 7, not 8.......

icewill36
03-08-2012, 01:27 AM
lol @ a team with the best record in their conference making a major trade

i wish people would stop saying the thunder NEED an inside scoring presence. they can get to the basket and they get to the line. all this post presence stuff is so overrated.

chicity89
03-08-2012, 01:27 AM
OKC isn't going to give up Westbrook AND Harden. That's just absurdly stupid.

Harden, Ibaka, and Perkins would be enough to get that deal done if you ask me.

LOL if you think Orlando is gonna trade Howard to OKC and not request Westbrook back. Whatever you're smokin' is better than the shit I got please pass it.

ballinhun8
03-08-2012, 01:39 AM
Ibaka and Perkins aren't good enough pieces to build a team around. They aren't dangerous without a scorer. Harden is nice and all but we haven't seen what he can be as a starter.

In a deal for Howard they have to ask for westbrook back. Perkins is a bad contract if he isnt on a title contending team.

alenleomessi
03-08-2012, 01:48 AM
It makes OKC worse IMO

BankShot
03-08-2012, 02:04 AM
Is this lineup enough??

Westbrook - Sefolosha - Durant - Collison - Howard

alenleomessi
03-08-2012, 02:08 AM
Is this lineup enough??

and who are the best players from the bench? reggie jackson and nazr mohammad?

Cowboy Thunder
03-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Is this lineup enough??

<

Westbrook - Harden - Durant - Ibaka - Perk

http://s1-01.twitpicproxy.com/photos/full/528787892.gif
This is not a winner ^

Whoah10115
03-08-2012, 02:17 AM
What? Says who? Nets are offering frigging Brook Lopez picks and trash, and that's cool -- but the Thunder give up an All Star a player on the cusp of All Stardom? What are you smoking chief?

Ibaka, Perkins, and Harden. Picks, sure. Another player or two, okay. After that? **** off Otis. Either do that or take the Bynum and two picks trade. That's the best deal you're getting, unless Chicago decides to throw in the kitchen sink with Noah, Boozer, and Deng.

Not saying you should do it. I'm saying that Orlando would be stupid to take what was offered there. No value if it ain't both.

OKCThunderUP
03-08-2012, 02:44 AM
Not saying you should do it. I'm saying that Orlando would be stupid to take what was offered there. No value if it ain't both.

Howard is not worth Westbrook + Harden. No one in the NBA makes that trade if they own those 2 players.

Whoah10115
03-08-2012, 04:01 AM
Howard is not worth Westbrook + Harden. No one in the NBA makes that trade if they own those 2 players.

Just about every single person in the NBA makes that trade if they own those 2 players.

If we're looking at it strictly from a basketball decision, it's an easy one. If you wanna consider chemistry and what you build, that's something else. Westbrook is great and so is Harden, but neither of them is in the top 10 right now (he has 6 other point guards that he doesn't shit on) so stuff like that happens.

I would not do the deal because I believe in chemistry and I believe in what you build. I also believe Durant and Westbrook have terrific chemistry with each other, but they still need Harden to emerge into the starting line-up and Ibaka to move to center. And since that is the core of your team and they're all under 24, I would not trade them for anyone but that's the way I am. But if we're talking a basketball decision, there is no way GM's don't say Dwight is worth both Harden and Westbrook...not unless we're looking at it as him being in the final year of his deal...or unless you give up Ibaka and one of Harden/Westbrook (Orlando's chioce) and if you had other tradable assets, which you don't...and obviously they're not taking Perkins.

Gory Lobotomist
03-08-2012, 04:08 AM
I am a bulls fan for life, but for the sake of competition I hope Dwight goes to the Nets so we can see Derron Williams with another skilled player. The stacked all star teams don't appeal to me as much.

Whoah10115
03-08-2012, 05:06 AM
I am a bulls fan for life, but for the sake of competition I hope Dwight goes to the Nets so we can see Derron Williams with another skilled player. The stacked all star teams don't appeal to me as much.

Agreed...tho I wouldn't mind if Dwight went to Houston or even stayed in Orlando.

Pinkhearts
03-08-2012, 05:19 AM
Let's be real. If I were Orlando the best person I'd want for Howard is Bynum. This is on Orlando's perspective only.

The only trade that can beat Bynum in desirability is for Blake Griffin, and Clippers don't do that. I'd much prefer Bynum over Lopez too

niko
03-08-2012, 08:03 AM
So if you know Howard is leaving, and the Thunder offered Harden & IBaka, and howard would go there, you wouldn't take it, because it's not enough, essentially ensuring you get nothing.

I'm failing to find the logic here.

Yung D-Will
03-08-2012, 08:11 AM
You do realize that David stern isn't the owner of the Magic or Thunder.

ScarSymmetry
03-08-2012, 08:23 AM
I think it is extremely unlikely this season that the Thunder will be making any drastic moves with their current team. In fact, I think it would be extremely foolish of them to do so.

They are already top of the West with their current, young line-up, and there is no real need to tinker with the good thing they have going so far. Two high scoring starters among some solid defensive starters, a great 6-man, and solid role players. They have a very young team who have grown up in the league playing together and developed a strong bond. This team seems to genuinely enjoy playing together.

Each year they have progressed further as far as moving towards finals and winning a championship, so they are yet to hit that period where they need to make that one move that gets them over the edge to move from being a outside chance to top tier contender. If things don't work out this year perhaps it might be time to re-assess and contemplate possible moves but a this point in time, it would be detrimental to change this team as is.

liquidrage
03-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Thunder need to pick up a veteran PG as a one year rental. Reggie Jackson just isn't cutting it.

No reason to gut the team for Howard.

HurricaneKid
03-08-2012, 11:31 AM
I really don't think D12 is trying to force his way out of Orl so he can end up in OKC. But if he did...

Mia's big 3 loses so much in duplication. That trifecta for OKC has almost no duplication of skill sets and would make them the dominant team in the league moving forward.

Ibaka and Harden would EASILY be a better package than anything else on the table.

Thunderstruck
03-08-2012, 05:47 PM
The random, straight from the ass, speculation on this board is just silly. Westbrook isn't going anywhere. The Thunder have locked him in long term and he is the point guard of the future regardless of what the national media or the haters on this message board think.

Just look at the history of this team and ask yourself, would Sam Presti and the Thunder owners be willing to completely decimate everything the Thunder has built over the last few years to get Dwight Howard? The answer is no.

The only player I can see the Thunder parting with to get Howard is Ibaka, which allows Collison to slide in as the starting PF, but that is not going to happen and is probably not even possible financially or an acceptable trade scenario for Orlando. In other words, the possibility of this trade happening is zero. If the Thunder do make a trade it will be to get some additional scoring for their bench, likely in the form of a veteran point guard to back up Westbrook.

niko
03-08-2012, 06:04 PM
The random, straight from the ass, speculation on this board is just silly. Westbrook isn't going anywhere. The Thunder have locked him in long term and he is the point guard of the future regardless of what the national media or the haters on this message board think.

Just look at the history of this team and ask yourself, would Sam Presti and the Thunder owners be willing to completely decimate everything the Thunder has built over the last few years to get Dwight Howard? The answer is no.

The only player I can see the Thunder parting with to get Howard is Ibaka, which allows Collison to slide in as the starting PF, but that is not going to happen and is probably not even possible financially or an acceptable trade scenario for Orlando. In other words, the possibility of this trade happening is zero. If the Thunder do make a trade it will be to get some additional scoring for their bench, likely in the form of a veteran point guard to back up Westbrook.
The "rumor" doesn't even have Westbrook in it. The illiteracy on this board is amazing. READ SOME POSTS, AT LEAST THE FIRST ONE.

2LeTTeRS
03-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Not sure what will happen here, but IMO if a team that Dwight wants to sign with can acquire him without dealing its 2 best players it should be a no-brainer, unless that team feels itself to be a lock for the title.

Seeing there is no guarantee OKC will win with this core I would roll the dice.

niko
03-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Not sure what will happen here, but IMO if a team that Dwight wants to sign with can acquire him without dealing its 2 best players it should be a no-brainer, unless that team feels itself to be a lock for the title.

Seeing there is no guarantee OKC will win with this core I would roll the dice.
to me if im okc i call orlando and offer this, and then backchannel to dwight to float the idea. it's honestly a good match for him, he doesn't want excess attention, he's going to hate the media in NY. HATE. Melo doesn't get phased too easily by the media and even he was taken aback by it. Dwight is used to having a bad game and saying "not today" and walking away. if he does that in NY it's going to be backpage news until he apologizes for it.

SwooshReturns
03-08-2012, 06:31 PM
The Thunder with Harden / Durant / Howard is better than Westbrook / Durant / Howard.

Harden is a better pure SG. Give them a set the table, traditional PG ... and they become ridiculously good.

Westbrook's flaws of being dumb, cocky, selfish, terrible shooter, not great vision expose the team to a bunch of ways to beat them.

With more clearly defined role players around Durant / Howard, the Thunder could take off.

Plus less touches for Westbrook, more touches for Durant.

outbreak
03-08-2012, 06:35 PM
The Thunder with Harden / Durant / Howard is better than Westbrook / Durant / Howard.

Harden is a better pure SG. Give them a set the table, traditional PG ... and they become ridiculously good.

Westbrook's flaws of being dumb, cocky, selfish, terrible shooter, not great vision expose the team to a bunch of ways to beat them.

With more clearly defined role players around Durant / Howard, the Thunder could take off.

Plus less touches for Westbrook, more touches for Durant.

This guy hasn't watched a thunder game this season.

SwooshReturns
03-08-2012, 06:40 PM
This guy hasn't watched a thunder game this season.
Watched quite a few. Yes, Westrbook had a decent strecth into the all star break playing well. I still don't see the guy working out long term. He gives off a young Marbury, cancerous vibe.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
you...and me.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-08-2012, 06:48 PM
very reasonable trade, imo.
that would destroy my Lakers for the next decade.
If that happens, I ask Kobe where he wants to be traded to and build around Bynum.

SwooshReturns
03-08-2012, 06:52 PM
I ask Kobe where he wants to be traded to and build around Bynum.
Some lucky team gets Kobe for the next 2 - 3 years, where with Bynum as your best player you flounder in mediocrity AT BEST.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Some lucky team gets Kobe for the next 2 - 3 years, where with Bynum as your best player you flounder in mediocrity AT BEST.

rebuilding around Bynum, you knucklehead. Get a decent player and cap space for Kobe. Get a decent player and cap space for Gasol. picks. use amnesty.
blah blah blah.

SwooshReturns
03-08-2012, 06:55 PM
rebuilding around Bynum, you knucklehead. Get a decent player and cap space for Kobe. Get a decent player and cap space for Gasol. picks. use amnesty.
blah blah blah.
Exactly
Bynum
as
your best player will get
you no where
fast

longtime lurker
03-08-2012, 07:33 PM
blah blah blah.

You know that's about ten times worse than what the Lakers have now. Kobe's a once in a generation type player, Lakers won't get a guy like him again.

Lebron23
03-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Exactly
Bynum
as
your best player will get
you no where
fast

Lottery pick. Lakers draft Andrew Wiggins as the first pick in the 2014 NBA Draft. Wiggins become the GOAT Lakers player of all time.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-08-2012, 07:57 PM
You know that's about ten times worse than what the Lakers have now. Kobe's a once in a generation type player, Lakers won't get a guy like him again.

that sound you heard was the point flying over your head.

2LeTTeRS
03-08-2012, 08:23 PM
that sound you heard was the point flying over your head.

Your new owner would never do that. Even though Kobe's best days are behind him, he is still a major attraction who makes millions for the Lakers. Why let him go?

Nets fan 93
03-08-2012, 08:26 PM
For a potential rented player? they wouldn't.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Your new owner would never do that. Even though Kobe's best days are behind him, he is still a major attraction who makes millions for the Lakers. Why let him go?
More to the point, Kobe would not allow himself to be traded to a team unless that team has a great shot at winning it all.

niko
03-08-2012, 08:28 PM
they'd clearly ask him to extend prior to a trade. Regardless of what he says, teams are going to ask. I think the Nets are choice #1, but he's not married to Deron.

niko
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
what do you think of Nets going after Smith using Lopez and having a third "Star" for Deron and Dwight?

Whoah10115
03-08-2012, 09:22 PM
The "rumor" doesn't even have Westbrook in it. The illiteracy on this board is amazing. READ SOME POSTS, AT LEAST THE FIRST ONE.

That would require his OKC chip to be ripped off his shoulder.

SwooshReturns
03-08-2012, 09:33 PM
We're talking about the Lakers, man ... look at this list of "once in a generation" type talent that has some how found its way to that city.

Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Magic Johnson
Jerry West
Elgin Baylor
Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant

It's sickening.