PDA

View Full Version : The Jeremy Lin Run was fun while it lasted

SacJB Shady
03-07-2012, 11:29 PM
It is now over, but was very fun id say. But once he has another monster game and the knicks win, this board will blow up again and we could all feel better again, even if just for a day.

lbj23clutch
03-07-2012, 11:32 PM
It is now over, but was very fun id say. But once he has another monster game and the knicks win, this board will blow up again and we could all feel better again, even if just for a day.
So what team you switchin' too?

Kingwillball
03-07-2012, 11:32 PM

I posted that in the Gamethread.. I mss Linsanity.. I miss the attacking Lin who made big plays this Lin just stands around passes it to Melo or Stat and Once in a Blue Moon will Drive the teeth of the D.. Also getting a little tired of B Davis coming in the gm for 6 or 7 minutes in a row ..Lin is Lucky to play half the 2nd and half the 4th qtrs anymore.

Kiddlovesnets
03-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Well have Melo sidelined and Lin is going berserk again for a few games.

linZoMourning
03-07-2012, 11:33 PM
blame dantoni. he made him and he broke him

inclinerator
03-07-2012, 11:34 PM
hope he improves in the offseason and comes back better than ever

bmulls
03-07-2012, 11:35 PM
So what team you switchin' too?

lol right? OP was so far up Lin's ass I'm surprised he was able to find his way out

Reverend Hoops
03-07-2012, 11:35 PM
It was great while it lasted. But now it is time for reality. Lin is good system PG. So was Felton and Duhon.

PickernRoller
03-07-2012, 11:36 PM
I guess it was enough for him to leave his mark on Derek Fisher. A tatto that reads " I was here"............I think Fish ass is full of them.

Cali Syndicate
03-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Im switchin back to the warriors and come playoffs the knicks, then after that root for heat to make finals. then go from there

That shit ain't right bro.

lbj23clutch
03-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Im switchin back to the warriors and come playoffs the knicks, then after that root for heat to make finals. then go from there
:oldlol:

DMV2
03-07-2012, 11:40 PM
The Dragon ain't going nowhere. He will bring a championship gold to New York.

Jasper
03-07-2012, 11:43 PM
blame it on opponents playing some very good 'D'

Now can we all say Nash is in a different class :confusedshrug:

Go Getter
03-07-2012, 11:44 PM
I guess it was enough for him to leave his mark on Derek Fisher. A tatto that reads " I was here"............I think Fish ass is full of them.
Which is cool because in a basketball game or a jail cell I'm quite sure Fish would make YOU his bitch.

305Baller
03-07-2012, 11:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RrcFoPmN0w

Flagrant 2
03-07-2012, 11:45 PM
http://a57.foxnews.com/img.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/fn-latino/sports/660/371/CarmeloAnthonyKnicksPresser.jpg

kingBynum
03-07-2012, 11:48 PM
http://a57.foxnews.com/img.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/fn-latino/sports/660/371/CarmeloAnthonyKnicksPresser.jpg
Exactly....ever since that bum melo came back..they suck. get rid of bumelo. The record without bumelo speaks for itself

TheBigVeto
03-07-2012, 11:53 PM
He'll have "runs" again in the future, as long as he's the starting PG of the Knicks.

But to expect him to average 25 PPG and 10 assists per game for the entire season is crazy stupid expectation. He's a good starting PG in the NBA, who can average 13-15 PPG and 7-8 assists. That should be the expectation.

Jotaro Durant
03-07-2012, 11:56 PM
it wasnt fun and im glad its finally over:applause:

TrueRob
03-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Lin is trying to keep his turnovers down. But, in order for him to do that he has to be less aggressive.

DMV2
03-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Lin is trying to keep his turnovers down. But, in order for him to do that he has to be less aggressive.
Not really. They're trying to make him what's he's really not and that's a facilitating PG. He's a scoring point guard. It's gonna hard for him to be a scorer when there's two other scorers on the team.

Maybe the Knicks should try a Davis-Lin-Melo-Amare-Chandler line up. Then have Davis and Lin split time with the 2nd unit.

bmulls
03-08-2012, 12:06 AM
He'll have "runs" again in the future, as long as he's the starting PG of the Knicks.

But to expect him to average 25 PPG and 10 assists per game for the entire season is crazy stupid expectation. He's a good starting PG in the NBA, who can average 13-15 PPG and 7-8 assists. That should be the expectation.

Maybe not 25/10, but he could score 20+ with 8-9 assists without Melo. Would they be a better team? Not on paper. But the way they are playing with Melo back in the lineup you have to wonder.

IGOTGAME
03-08-2012, 12:09 AM

well he hasn't been a good starting pg since melo got back. He has gotten outplayed by the majority of pgs lately.

Godzuki
03-08-2012, 12:10 AM

:applause:

TheBigVeto
03-08-2012, 12:14 AM
well he hasn't been a good starting pg since melo got back. He has gotten outplayed by the majority of pgs lately.

Ok so the solution is to have Melo come off the bench as 6th man.
GOAT 6th man ever.

305Baller
03-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Ok so the solution is to have Melo come off the bench as 6th man.
GOAT 6th man ever.

No way it will happen.
Politics as usual.

Lin off the bench as 6th man.

Baron starting.

BrooklynZoo
03-08-2012, 12:32 AM
OP is a frontrunning clown. if u dont stick by him then dont make all those dumb comments u did 2 weeks ago.

regardless lin coulda had a much better game today if he didnt take those jumpers and just attacked the rim. He was finally able to do this for the first time in a long time as the spurs werent trapping him like others have been. if teams revert back to this defense against him (which i doubt), then lin will have success.

Nets fan 93
03-08-2012, 01:35 AM
:oldlol: At least he is honest....:confusedshrug:

Collie
03-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Now he can become a good, normal NBA player. I'd bet he'll be the first one to be thankful that the hype has died down a bit.

He'll still do well I believe.

Killbot
03-08-2012, 01:45 AM
Lin is saving some of that magic for the playoffs.
lol

strifed169
03-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Melo the chemistry killer and Linsanity slayer needs to go, now I can see why George Karl never liked him, no matter what adjustments the team he plays on try to make he will always be a ballstopper

selrahc
03-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Lin will still average 20-8-3 by end of season

305Baller
03-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Linoff bench.

Cowboy Thunder
03-08-2012, 01:58 AM
http://nsa14.casimages.com/img/2010/04/08/100408083015536501.gif

Melo the chemistry killer and Linsanity slayer needs to go, now I can see why George Karl never liked him, no matter what adjustments the team he plays on try to make he will always be a ballstopper

CelticsDraftee
03-08-2012, 08:16 PM
http://tinyurl.com/76xv6lb

Lebron23
03-08-2012, 08:20 PM
http://tinyurl.com/76xv6lb

JohnnySic
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
People really couldn't tell that he was just a good role player? :confusedshrug:

Dont worry, there will be more "stories" for flighty fans to flock to...

BoNafidde
03-08-2012, 08:32 PM

:roll: :roll:

Droid101
03-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Melo and Baron Davis lead the league in percentage of possessions used to ISO. Yes, more than Kobe Bryant.

Still wonder why Lin isn't as effective anymore?

Bosnian Sajo
03-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Knicks fans :facepalm

You guys are the ones who wanted Melo!! And now you want him out? Yall should be the ones getting the phuck out...

JohnnySic
03-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Celtics trade: Jermaine O'Neal, Ray Allen
Knicks trade: Carmelo Anthony

Trade accepted per ESPN trade machine.

There. Now you can have your Linsanity back. :oldlol: :facepalm

sportsfan76
03-08-2012, 08:50 PM
When will Lin have a productive game on the road against a winning team???

I'm still waiting

sportsfan76
03-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Lin is saving some of that magic for the playoffs.
lol

They have to get their first and the Bucks are on their ass which is why tommorow's game is so HUGE at Milwaukee

ballashotcalla
03-08-2012, 09:06 PM

I'm still waiting

When will Lin produce for 10 seasons like the earlier games and win 10 championships???

I'm still waiting. Till then he's a fluke.

FKAri
03-08-2012, 09:23 PM

I'm still waiting

Let's just take his game vs the Spurs:

20pts (7-15) 4asts 3stls 1to :confusedshrug:

Is that unproductive? Would you call that a bad game for Lin? What are your expectations clown? :lol

sportsfan76
03-08-2012, 09:28 PM

Is that unproductive? Would you call that a bad game for Lin? What are your expectations clown? :lol

Lin scored 8 GARBAGE POINTS in the last quarter and the game was out of reach. Don't come at me with that silly shit

pnyozzzoo
03-08-2012, 09:29 PM

he got his last 7 pts in garbage time, and so did melo, on stat sheet melo and Stat and lin all have star stat line.

In reality all of them play super poor defense and that's why they lose.

sportsfan76
03-08-2012, 09:29 PM
When will Lin produce for 10 seasons like the earlier games and win 10 championships???

I'm still waiting. Till then he's a fluke.

I don't know if you know this or not but when you play in the NBA, you get PAID TO PRODUCE!!!!!!!!!!

Just like on any job. OK????

IGOTGAME
03-08-2012, 09:30 PM

It was a bad game. 8 of those points came in the last minute with his team dowm 15 playing guys who conceded the outcome. When the game mattered he was 4-12 and did a Boris job on defense and running the point.

CelticBaller
03-08-2012, 09:32 PM
damn son stick to one bandwagon

FKAri
03-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Lin scored 8 GARBAGE POINTS in the last quarter and the game was out of reach. Don't come at me with that silly shit

He shouldve attacked the rim more, sure. But its not his job to carry this team. He contributed.

he got his last 7 pts in garbage time, and so did melo, on stat sheet melo and Stat and lin all have star stat line.

In reality all of them play super poor defense and that's why they lose.

Melo's defense is passable. So is Lin's. Amare's defense in that game was so bad that even I was shocked. Shumpert was a non factor on the defensive end. Why? cuz aint nothing Shumpert can do when he's screened off.

ballashotcalla
03-08-2012, 09:50 PM

That was the only time he came in during the 4th quarter.

Points are points and stats are stats.

If he missed those shots, you would be the first one on him for a terrible stat line.

ballashotcalla
03-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't know if you know this or not but when you play in the NBA, you get PAID TO PRODUCE!!!!!!!!!!

Just like on any job. OK????

Your comment has nothing to do with what I wrote and makes even less sense when you talk about Lin's minimum contract.

So in that regard, my response to you is that there's a pancake on a bunny's head.

sportsfan76
03-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Your comment has nothing to do with what I wrote and makes even less sense when you talk about Lin's minimum contract.

So in that regard, my response to you is that there's a pancake on a bunny's head.

I don't give a shit what kind of contract you have, production is mandatory

swi7ch
03-08-2012, 10:01 PM
it's only over because melo is playing again

someone in ny needs to... ahem... "injure" melo

westside_baller
03-08-2012, 10:01 PM
The kid's got crazy talent. He's done more in 15 starts than just about any player in league history. He's going to be a great player. I don't care if he fails this season. His work ethic and talent will lead to incredible success.

He'll be working very hard to correct his deficiencies not just this offseason, but EVERY offseason for the rest of his career.

TheOne
03-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Only 20/4? It's over. What a bust.

kingBynum
03-08-2012, 10:42 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Carmelo+Anthony+New+York+Knicks+Introduce+C34Cdn_4 HDEl.jpg
+
http://www.nysportsday.com/newnysd/wp-content/uploads/lin580_021812.jpg
=
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WeP5jZX_b1c/TY-VRCqG_2I/AAAAAAAAA0Y/UbTuXAw1TMs/s1600/accompanist-collaborative-pianist-how-to-say-no.jpg
http://0.tqn.com/d/chemistry/1/0/l/b/beakerflask.jpg

knickswin
03-08-2012, 10:55 PM
blame it on opponents playing some very good 'D'

Now can we all say Nash is in a different class :confusedshrug:

yes, I think even during the "linning streak" a lot of people pointed out that Lin wasn't exactly great at throwing passes to the big men in the pick and roll. He'd pretty much toss up lobs around the rim . . . Tyson is one of maybe 10 players in the NBA who has the size, length, and hops to do anything with those sort of passes.

now that he's getting trapped, he's doing a poor job. has no ability to thread the needle. takes too long to move the ball to the wings. oh well. all you can do is hope he improves. nash is very gifted at dealing with traps though, and Lin's not.

Micku
03-08-2012, 11:11 PM
In terms of his offense, I think Lin is playing ok. He is not executing on his open shots or layups tho. It's not really Melo that's the problem if Lin can't make his open shots. But since Melo is in the lineup, Lin isn't as aggressive. His passing skills are good, but needs work at running the offense better. He is more of a scoring PG than a passing one.

Lin could improve. Look at Nash when he was 23 years old. He obviously improve to be MVP Nash. I don't think anybody thought Nash could be MVP or play that way when he was 23 years old.

The defense of the Knicks is pretty bad though. But they have enough talent, they just have to find out what works for them. They may have to change the starting lineup or rotation.

knickswin
03-08-2012, 11:20 PM
In terms of his offense, I think Lin is playing ok. He is not executing on his open shots or layups tho. It's not really Melo that's the problem if Lin can't make his open shots. But since Melo is in the lineup, Lin isn't as aggressive. His passing skills are good, but needs work at running the offense better. He is more of a scoring PG than a passing one.

Lin could improve. Look at Nash when he was 23 years old. He obviously improve to be MVP Nash. I don't think anybody thought Nash could be MVP or play that way when he was 23 years old.

Lin is not the world's greatest passer, and he doesn't have great court vision (partially because he sometimes dribbles with his head down). it is not an easy job to balance out the knicks' offense, so I don't want to be too critical with him, but he's not doing a particularly great job of it.

his passing to the big man in the pick and roll is not particularly good and I've been saying this for a while . . . he's not comfortable threading the needle. plus sometimes he goes into "attack mode" and completely misses wide open Amar'e and Carmelo so he can put up floaters.

don't want to be too critical with Lin, but he's not a great player to me . . . he has a lot to work on. his job is very tough though.

I didn't watch Nash until he went to Dallas so I don't know what he was doing at 23, but he was very good at playing pick and pop with Dirk. then his first year he got to Phoenix he immediately nailed that pick and roll that D'Antoni needed to make his offense unstoppable. nash is as good as anyone ever at taking in the double off of the slip screen and threading the needle to the wide open roller. plus his court vision is out of this world. lin is probably better at scoring in the lane off of pick and rolls than nash, but with melo and amar'e, you'd probably value nash's skill set over lin's.

TrueRob
03-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Lin seems a 'spark off the bench' type of player. Someone like Nate Robinson, who just comes off the bench, takes a bunch of shots, and may get hot and provide the team with instant offense.