PDA

View Full Version : amare dissing the spurs after loss. de ja vu phoenix?

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 03:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_y...gid=2012030724

Originally Posted by yahoo sports

Amare Stoudemire, who had 18 points and 11 rebounds, took a different view after a game in which New York trailed by as much as 24 in the second half.

“(The Spurs) don’t have nearly enough talent to compete with us,” Stoudemire said. “Our personnel, our talent is off the charts.”

I remember him saying the same thing when he was in phoenix... is this guy that dumb? hes the biggest sore loser in the nba

parker duncan ginobili > amare melo chandler

spurs bench > new york bench

GOBB
03-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Talent wise he is right. That alone doesnt win games.

InspiredLebowski
03-08-2012, 03:57 PM
link doesn't work

Sarcastic
03-08-2012, 03:58 PM
That's how you say "my coach sucks" in the NBA, without saying "my coach sucks".

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Talent wise he is right. That alone doesnt win games.

You cant even say the knicks are more talented. They may be more talented in "offense". 1 category out of many

spurs big 3 > new york big 3 TALENT WISE and everything else

spurs bench > new york bench TALENT WISE and everything else

Sarcastic
03-08-2012, 04:03 PM
You cant even say the knicks are more talented. They may be more talented in "offense". 1 category out of many

spurs big 3 > new york big 3 TALENT WISE and everything else

spurs bench > new york bench TALENT WISE and everything else

Question for you: what do you think the outcome of the game would have been yesterday if Popovich was coaching the Knicks, and D'Antoni was coaching the Spurs?

Teanett
03-08-2012, 04:05 PM
That's how you say "my coach sucks" in the NBA, without saying "my coach sucks".
c'mon, dude! amar'e loves d'antoni.
he became a star under d'an. he followed him to new york.

Scoooter
03-08-2012, 04:05 PM
We would have won if we had Chandler or Jeffries or both. Amar'e is no rim protector.

Teanett
03-08-2012, 04:07 PM
jr smith didnt look better than greene or leonard...

GOBB
03-08-2012, 04:08 PM
You cant even say the knicks are more talented

Yes you can.

linZoMourning
Question for you: what do you think the outcome of the game would have been yesterday if Popovich was coaching the Knicks, and D'Antoni was coaching the Spurs?

by the first quarter pop would have a stroke from trying to teach amare defense.

then jr smith would start chuckin and finish pops heart off.

Sarcastic
We would have won if we had Chandler or Jeffries or both. Amar'e is no rim protector.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/13809/jerome-jordan-recalled-from-d-league

Jordan-sanity coming to MSG

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Yes you can.

maybe YOU can. from what ive seen though that doesnt mean much.

ive explained why I think the spurs are more talented you mind giving more then a one word answer?

big 3 and bench play over big 3 and bench play?? what more is there to judge?

Scoooter
03-08-2012, 04:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/13809/jerome-jordan-recalled-from-d-league

Jordan-sanity coming to MSG
All we need from him is 25 rebounds and 15 blocks. Easy-peasy.

Sarcastic
03-08-2012, 04:11 PM
maybe YOU can. from what ive seen though that doesnt mean much.

ive explained why I think the spurs are more talented you mind giving more then a one word answer?

big 3 and bench play over big 3 and bench play?? what more is there to judge?

The Spurs are an old team. The fact that they are still competitive is a testament to Popavich.

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 04:18 PM
The Spurs are an old team. The fact that they are still competitive is a testament to Popavich.

the spurs being old is a myth. take a look at the age of the players on the spurs. you probably wont but you should.

plUto or bUst
03-08-2012, 04:19 PM
The Knicks bench is more talented than the Spurs bench, I'll give him that. :roll:

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 04:24 PM
tim duncan > amare stoudawhiner even at this age. I would even take tiago splitter over amare. this game is about defense.

chandler > blair

carmelo > richard jefferson

tony parker > jeremy lin

manu ginobili > jr smith

gary neal > shumpert

kawhi leonard > steve novak

baron davis > tj ford

danny green - landy fields

tiago splitter > harrelson

pop > dantoni

does NOT fair very well for the knicks and even if you wanna switch matchups around in the knicks favor the knicks would STILL lose the talent battle. the only true talent you guys have is melo. look how that is playing out for you other then that baron davis is a shell of his former self and the spurs just have better players and more talent from top to bottom from bench to bench

tony parker is better and has more talent then any knicks guard...

manu ginobili is better and has more talent then any knicks guard.

chandler and lin are the only bright spots on the knicks

so PLEASE try and explain to me how the knicks are more talented? bu bu bu bu offense??

knicks > spurs in fantasy basketball maybe.. not in real life buddy

Scoooter
03-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Why doesn't Popovich start Splitter and Duncan together? Get some of that sweaty, pulsating, lips-gently-quivering twin towers action.

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Why doesn't Popovich start Splitter and Duncan together? Get some of that sweaty, pulsating, lips-gently-quivering twin towers action.

pop just loves to spread the floor its kind of annoying actually. everyone wants to see splitter and duncan together for a beta twin towers. prob will never happen. only happened a handful of times this season

Sarcastic
03-08-2012, 04:30 PM
the spurs being old is a myth. take a look at the age of the players on the spurs. you probably wont but you should.

Their average age is 27.5, but all the guys that carry the team are old. Ginobili and Duncan are both mid 30. By comparison the Knicks average age is 26.5, and none of their stars are over 30. They are not as old as say Dallas or Boston, but they are considered an old team.

Scoooter
03-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Manu's missed so much time due to injury that his legs are younger than his age. Plus the craftiness.

PHaYze
03-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Shumpert shits on Gary fukin Neal. Are you serious?:oldlol:

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Shumpert shits on Gary fukin Neal. Are you serious?:oldlol:

want to explain why??

gary neal means more to the spurs then shumpert does to the knicks. shumpert is a rookie for one he makes boneheaded plays up and down the court. its not fair to compare them because hes a rookie but im doing it anyway. gary neal is just the better player. more rounded on offense and way more clutch to. What impresses you about shumpert exactly?

Godzuki
03-08-2012, 04:34 PM
i-agree-that-Knicks-got-more-talent-even-tho-Parker/Ginobli-were-running-circles-around-them-and-bustin-J's...Knicks-are-just-real-deep.

i-also-realized-last-night-how-poorly-disciplined-the-Knicks-players-are-especially-defensively-with-no-cohesion...Spurs-just-looked-so-much-more-of-a-team-out-there.

it-looked-like-there-is-no-hope-for-the-Knicks-this-year-against-the-better-teams-like-the-Spurs...and-its-not-personnel.

Magic731
03-08-2012, 04:39 PM
tim duncan > amare stoudawhiner even at this age. I would even take tiago splitter over amare. this game is about defense.

chandler > blair

tony parker > jeremy lin

manu ginobili > jr smith

gary neal > shumpert

baron davis > tj ford

pop > dantoni

does NOT fair very well for the knicks and even if you wanna switch matchups around in the knicks favor the knicks would STILL lose the talent battle. the only true talent you guys have is melo. look how that is playing out for you other then that baron davis is a shell of his former self and the spurs just have better players and more talent from top to bottom from bench to bench

so PLEASE try and explain to me how the knicks are more talented? bu bu bu bu offense??

Look at the Knicks roster. Anthony, Stoudemire, Lin, Smith is a lot more talented than the Spurs. Remember we are talking about talent here, not which team meshes the best. As far as pure talent goes, VERY few teams can match up with the knicks.

Sarcastic
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM

chandler > blair

tony parker > jeremy lin

manu ginobili > jr smith

gary neal > shumpert

baron davis > tj ford

pop > dantoni

Side by side comparisons like this are dumb. If you do them with a team like the Miami, they will lose almost all the time. However the value of their stars at the top make up for all the matches they lose at the lower spots in the order.

GOBB
03-08-2012, 04:42 PM

See, you'd take Splitter over Amare off of personal bias. How is Splitter more talented than Amare?

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 04:45 PM
See, you'd take Splitter over Amare off of personal bias. How is Splitter more talented than Amare?

he plays better defense. he has more post moves. hes the more talented post player. you want your big man in the post and of course if you compared them to the heat they would lose. thats because the heat are more talented.

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Look at the Knicks roster. Anthony, Stoudemire, Lin, Smith is a lot more talented than the Spurs. Remember we are talking about talent here, not which team meshes the best. As far as pure talent goes, VERY few teams can match up with the knicks.

so lin is more talented then the spurs best guards parker and ginobili?? the same parker that dropped 32 on lin last night?? im a lin fan to man but COME ON

you cant sit here and tell me

lin > tony parker

jr smith > manu ginobili

you cant even say that with a straight face

tony and manu are top 5 players at there position. you cant say the same about smith and lin at all

melo is a top 5 player at his position. thats it.

Teanett
03-08-2012, 04:46 PM
splitter has functioning knees.
amare has the reaction time of a pancake.
(amar'e IS my favourite player...)

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 04:49 PM
I pick splitter over amare for the simple fact of which player fits best on the spurs. In all honestly amare is probably more "talented" but it doesnt mean hes gonna SHOW that talent and amare is not a better post player then splitter. splitter has so much junk in his game down low. want to talk about talent? tim duncan at his age still is more talented then amare

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 04:53 PM

this guy just said lin > spurs guards. two future hall of famers in parker and ginobili. two top 5 players at there position. :facepalm

Sarcastic
03-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Parker is not top 5. He's more like 6 or 7. Just sayin.

Rose
Paul
Williams
Westbrook
Rondo

I guess some would prefer him to Rondo.

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Parker is not top 5. He's more like 6 or 7. Just sayin.

Rose
Paul
Williams
Westbrook
Rondo

I guess some would prefer him to Rondo.

more then 50% of the people on these forums have tony in there top 5. outside of these forums more like 80%. hes even getting mvp consideration the only top 5 at his position player you can question is ginobili because hes been injured.

Godzuki
03-08-2012, 04:59 PM
sad-thing-is-y'all-are-probably-right-about-Splitter>Amare-for-how-loony-that-sounds...i-could've-seen-him-helping-the-Knicks-more-this-year-than-Amare-has.

its-more-a-testament-to-how-sorry-Amare-has-been-overall...definitely-not-earning-his-money/hype.

at-least-Melo-shows-regularity-of-superstar-talent-even-if-it-doesn't-go-in.

Sarcastic
03-08-2012, 05:01 PM
more then 50% of the people on these forums have tony in there top 5. outside of these forums more like 80%. hes even getting mvp consideration the only top 5 at his position player you can question is ginobili because hes been injured.

Being an MVP candidate is a function of being on a good team. From the 5 I listed, who would you take Tony over? Rondo is the only one that I think a case can be made for.

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Being an MVP candidate is a function of being on a good team. From the 5 I listed, who would you take Tony over? Rondo is the only one that I think a case can be made for.

rondo AND westbrook. the other 3 are in a different zone. its just my opinion though. parker has been playing like an mvp this year though. carrying the spurs since manu went down. I think he had 42 points on westbrook earlier this year?

ralph_i_el
03-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Tony Parker is playing at an insane level. I'd rather have manu and duncan than melo and STAT.

Sarcastic
03-08-2012, 05:07 PM
rondo AND westbrook. the other 3 are in a different zone. its just my opinion though. parker has been playing like an mvp this year though. carrying the spurs since manu went down. I think he had 42 points on westbrook earlier this year?

I'll concede Rondo, but Westbrook has been playing at an even higher level than Parker, plus he is younger.

Artillery
03-08-2012, 05:08 PM

Replace Parker with Rondo and Spurs struggle to make the playoffs. Parker's scoring has been huge for the Spurs this year - especially with all the injuries SA"s been playing through all season.

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I'll concede Rondo, but Westbrook has been playing at an even higher level than Parker, plus he is younger.

most definately I mean you could take either player. both are playing amazing and westbrook is having the best season of his career and I strongly believe parker is to.

BlueandGold
03-08-2012, 05:10 PM
No he's not right. Amare is seriously overrated and i'm beginning to think Melo is too. Jeremy Lin hasn't exactly been a top tier PG ever since Amare and Melo came back either.

SayTownRy
03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
westbrook - 5.6 apg / 4.0 turnovers per game

parker - 7.9 apg / 2.7 turnovers per game

strifed169
03-08-2012, 05:26 PM
c'mon, dude! amar'e loves d'antoni.
he became a star under d'an. he followed him to new york.

than hes being misdirected, Nash made him the star, Dantoni lives off of his PGs ability to freelance in his offense

All Net
03-08-2012, 05:28 PM

Pretty much :lol

GOBB
03-08-2012, 05:32 PM
I pick splitter over amare for the simple fact of which player fits best on the spurs. In all honestly amare is probably more "talented" but it doesnt mean hes gonna SHOW that talent and amare is not a better post player then splitter. splitter has so much junk in his game down low. want to talk about talent? tim duncan at his age still is more talented then amare

This isnt about best fit. This isnt about what kind of player you like (guys who defend). This is about talent. You can contrary to what you believe argue NYK being more of a talented team. But that only goes but so far.

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 05:34 PM
This isnt about best fit. This isnt about what kind of player you like (guys who defend). This is about talent. You can contrary to what you believe argue NYK being more of a talented team. But that only goes but so far.

right well. lets say amare is more talented then every big on the spurs roster. lets just say that. I still dont see the knicks being the more talented team just from that. We can sit here and do player comparison at every positions and the spurs would win although player comparisons are flawed. how else would you best judge talent?? give an arguement why you think the knicks are the more talented team.

We have a team with 3 future Hall of Famers. The best coach in the nba. A better bench. How do you really judge talent??

lets say you ask every coach in the nba who they would rather have on there team right now for one season. tim duncan or amare?? How many do you REALLY think would pick amare? Tim duncan THIS YEAR is playing better then amare. Thats just fact

4 spurs in the top10 per

1. tony parker - 5th PG
2. manu ginobili - 2nd SG
3. kawhi leonard - 10th SF
4. tim duncan - 7th C

What exactly is talent to you gobb?? Dunks??

Artillery
03-08-2012, 05:59 PM

Amare's definitely more talented but I've never been a fan of his game. Even in Phoenix, I thought he was overrated.

Melo's a great player in a bad situation. D'Antoni's not the right coach for him or the team in general.

GOBB
03-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Amare's definitely more talented

Melo's a great player in a bad situation. D'Antoni's not the right coach for him or the team in general.

I agree.

Dizzle-2k7
03-08-2012, 06:54 PM

fukk outta here. tony parker, gino, duncan, leonard, splitter, bonner, neal, green.. all guys that can step up, play defense, hit a big shot, change the game.

knicks are a bunch of boneheads. talent is more than just athleticism, folks. :sleeping

Kingwillball
03-08-2012, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=linZoMourning]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_y...gid=2012030724

Amare Stoudemire, who had 18 points and 11 rebounds, took a different view after a game in which New York trailed by as much as 24 in the second half.

Kingwillball
03-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Knicks Bench.. Bdiddy, Shumpert,JR Smith, Novak, Jeffries, Harrellson is MAYBE the best bench in the NBA and definitely top 5.

SwooshReturns
03-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Knicks Bench.. Bdiddy, Shumpert,JR Smith, Novak, Jeffries, Harrellson is MAYBE the best bench in the NBA and definitely top 5.
Miami has a really good bench, too.

inclinerator
03-08-2012, 07:09 PM
lin alone is more talented than the spurs squad

Smoke117
03-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Amare's definitely more talented but I've never been a fan of his game. Even in Phoenix, I thought he was overrated.

What a bunch of horse shit. He's in his 9th season and people are still making these bullshit excuses for him. He's just not a great player. He's just a scorer pure and simple. He does not make his teammates better, he does nothing notably defensively (Grant Hills 39 old ass is a better defensive player), and he has no leadership skills whatsoever. He's just an Alex English, Adrian Dantley, type of player. He can score and that's about it and when his career is over nobody will care about him or any kind of legacy he leaves behind.

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 07:20 PM

that bench barely breaks top 5 lets be honest. novak was a spur throw away. he plays no defense thats why we got rid of him. did you see how many times pop went at him last night?

Dizzle-2k7
03-08-2012, 07:35 PM
right well. lets say amare is more talented then every big on the spurs roster. lets just say that. I still dont see the knicks being the more talented team just from that. We can sit here and do player comparison at every positions and the spurs would win although player comparisons are flawed. how else would you best judge talent?? give an arguement why you think the knicks are the more talented team.

We have a team with 3 future Hall of Famers. The best coach in the nba. A better bench. How do you really judge talent??

lets say you ask every coach in the nba who they would rather have on there team right now for one season. tim duncan or amare?? How many do you REALLY think would pick amare? Tim duncan THIS YEAR is playing better then amare. Thats just fact

4 spurs in the top10 per

1. tony parker - 5th PG
2. manu ginobili - 2nd SG
3. kawhi leonard - 10th SF
4. tim duncan - 7th C

What exactly is talent to you gobb?? Dunks??

ETHER. u hear that? *crickets*

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 07:57 PM
gobb can sit here and give one word answers all day. he cant argue the fact

Pharcyde
03-08-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't get what the obsession is with the Knicks talent being "better" then other teams.

GOBB
03-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't get what the obsession is with the Knicks talent being "better" then other teams.

Where is the obsession?

JustinJDW
03-08-2012, 08:24 PM
The Knicks are not more talented than the Spurs. More athletic? Sure. More talented? Hell no.

The Knicks Bench is not more talented than the Spurs Bench. The Spurs Bench is in the Top 10 in the league in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, FG percentage, 3-point FG percentage and efficiency rating.

The New York Knicks are not in the top 10 in any of those categories. Are they more athletic though? Sure.

Russell Westrbrook is also not a better player than Tony Parker. Don't drink the kool-aid guys. Once again, is he more athletic? Sure. He's also a better rebounder. That's it. I'm not even going to say he's a better scorer because that kid has to be the absolute worst stat padder in the league. Its cringe worthy, and he only averages three more points. Not to mention Westbrook has the best scorer in the league on his team to key away defenses. Call me crazy, but I think that actually helps. Reminds me a lot of 99-04 Kobe. TP is the #1 scorer on the Spurs, and still shreds defenses apart. TP is a more consistent and a better closer as well. Put TP in OKC and they thrive. Put Westbrook the Spurs and they're not doing shit. Duncan retires, time to rebuild.

And I haven't even gotten to the PG aspect yet. TP is a MUCH better passer, MUCH better pick-n-roller, MUCH better game manager, floor general and has a thousand times the basketball IQ Westbrook could ever dream of having. Most telling piece however, Tony Parker is in the Top 5 in assit to turnover ratio among all starting PG's. Russell Westbrook? The #1 worst.

But hey, don't let the logic and facts stop you from forming an opinion about a player. I see Westbrook on ESPN far more than TP. Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith talk about him all the time. I'm pretty sure he sells way more jerseys too! He must be the better player, right?

GOBB
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
that bench barely breaks top 5 lets be honest. novak was a spur throw away. he plays no defense thats why we got rid of him. did you see how many times pop went at him last night?

Novak is one of the best shooters in the NBA. He's a 3pt specialist. Bruce Bowen did what as a Spur? Played agressive perimeter defense (thanks to protection from behind) and hit wide open corner pocket 3's because no one gave a damn to defend him offensively. Its funny to me you crap on a player because they dont play both sides of the ball equally well as a f*cking Spurs fan. Absolutely hilarious.

What does Matt Bonner do for the Spurs? What does Daniel Green do for the Spurs?

Who is Robert Horry and Steve Kerr as Spurs and what did they do? But yeah Novak doesnt play defense to your satisfaction so he is a throw away. You're a nitwit.

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Novak is one of the best shooters in the NBA. He's a 3pt specialist. Bruce Bowen did what as a Spur? Played agressive perimeter defense (thanks to protection from behind) and hit wide open corner pocket 3's because no one gave a damn to defend him offensively. Its funny to me you crap on a player because they dont play both sides of the ball equally well as a f*cking Spurs fan. Absolutely hilarious.

What does Matt Bonner do for the Spurs? What does Daniel Green do for the Spurs?

Who is Robert Horry and Steve Kerr as Spurs and what did they do? But yeah Novak doesnt play defense to your satisfaction so he is a throw away. You're a nitwit.

matt bonner is a better shooter then novak and a better defender

pop said that bonner was the best shooter hes ever coached. also YES novak is a spur THROWAWAY. the spurs C U T him multiple times. hes a good shooter but his defense is HORRIBLE and he was scored on so many times in the game it was obvious pop was going RIGHT at him.

what are you trying to say about robert horry? you saying he didnt play DEFENSE??? LMAO im done with you because you cant even argue the facts about the comparisons of talent. you just bring up stupid shit. the way you value talent is complete dog shit.

also danny green does many things for the spurs. his most valuable assett is his defense though. hes a player that does everything good but not one thing GREAT. would rather have him then some of the knicks bench guards tell you that.

Green is also the only player in the history of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) with 1,000 points, 500 rebounds, 250 assists, 150 three-pointers, 150 blocks and 150 steals

Ill keep spewing facts while you choke on my dick gobb.

linZoMourning
03-08-2012, 08:35 PM
The Knicks are not more talented than the Spurs. More athletic? Sure. More talented? Hell no.

The Knicks Bench is not more talented than the Spurs Bench. The Spurs Bench is in the Top 10 in the league in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, FG percentage, 3-point FG percentage and efficiency rating.

The New York Knicks are not in the top 10 in any of those categories. Are they more athletic though? Sure.

Russell Westrbrook is also not a better player than Tony Parker. Don't drink the kool-aid guys. Once again, is he more athletic? Sure. He's also a better rebounder. That's it. I'm not even going to say he's a better scorer because that kid has to be the absolute worst stat padder in the league. Its cringe worthy, and he only averages three more points. Not to mention Westbrook has the best scorer in the league on his team to key away defenses. Call me crazy, but I think that actually helps. Reminds me a lot of 99-04 Kobe. TP is the #1 scorer on the Spurs, and still shreds defenses apart. TP is a more consistent and a better closer as well. Put TP in OKC and they thrive. Put Westbrook the Spurs and they're not doing shit. Duncan retires, time to rebuild.

And I haven't even gotten to the PG aspect yet. TP is a MUCH better passer, MUCH better pick-n-roller, MUCH better game manager, floor general and has a thousand times the basketball IQ Westbrook could ever dream of having. Most telling piece however, Tony Parker is in the Top 5 in assit to turnover ratio among all starting PG's. Russell Westbrook? The #1 worst.

But hey, don't let the logic and facts stop you from forming an opinion about a player. I see Westbrook on ESPN far more than TP. Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith talk about him all the time. I'm pretty sure he sells way more jerseys too! He must be the better player, right?

:applause: great post

GOBB
03-08-2012, 08:50 PM
matt bonner is a better shooter then novak and a better defender

pop said that bonner was the best shooter hes ever coached.

Based on what? Because Pop said it? Awesome. :rolleyes:

also YES novak is a spur THROWAWAY. the spurs C U T him multiple times. hes a good shooter but his defense is HORRIBLE and he was scored on so many times in the game it was obvious pop was going RIGHT at him.

He doesnt fit on the Spurs. Certain coaches like certain things. Doug Collins, chances of you playing are slim if you cant defend. Marreese Speights can attest to that as he gets more playing time in Memphis than he ever has as a Sixer.

I'm sorry, your point got lost somewhere.

the way you value talent is complete dog shit.

Agreed, let me copy and paste Popazit thoughts.

also danny green does many things for the spurs. his most valuable assett is his defense though. hes a player that does everything good but not one thing GREAT. would rather have him then some of the knicks bench guards tell you that.

Shut up. Defensive specialist is what Green is. Thats why he sees the floor under Pop. Kudos. And cool story bro you would rather have him than NYK bench guards. I couldnt care less what you would rather have honestly. Not the argument at hand.

Green is also the only player in the history of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) with 1,000 points, 500 rebounds, 250 assists, 150 three-pointers, 150 blocks and 150 steals

Relevance? There isnt much. Thanks tho. Even Noak has a sweet college resume to copy/paste.

Ill keep spewing facts while you choke on my dick gobb.

You're mad for no reason kid. Too emotional. Relax. You disagree? Thats fine.

TheBigVeto
03-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Amare - Nash = Trash.
He's the softest, most overrated PF of all time.

knickswin
03-08-2012, 10:57 PM
totally out of context by the OP . . . he was praising the Spurs for how well they play as a team. said that the knicks have more talent (which is true) but they don't have the ability to play as cohesively as the Spurs and says that the Knicks have to work to get to that level.

knickswin
03-08-2012, 10:59 PM
omg novak >>> bonner as a shooter. just look at their forms. are you kidding me with that nonsense about bonner being better.

Whoah10115
03-08-2012, 11:31 PM
We have more talent, but the Spurs don't have nearly enough talent to compete with the Knicks?

I like you less and less lol.

knickswin
03-08-2012, 11:40 PM
We have more talent, but the Spurs don't have nearly enough talent to compete with the Knicks?

I like you less and less lol.

amar'e is just inarticulate . . . he probably didn't mean it quite like that.

toxicxr6
03-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Threads like this make it obvious that people on ish define "talent" as something that occurs on the offensive end.. Yes amare and melo are very talented players "offensively"... But that is only half of the game.. And history shows championships are won by whom are "talented" defensively 90% of the time. When you look at defensive talent... The spurs are better on almost every position. The only person that is close is chandler.. Everyone else it's not even close..
And whoever says Knicks bench > spurs bench must either be retarded or blind.. What you do on the court is what defines you.. And the spurs bench constantly delivers. Knicks bench is rubbish. Seriously...
It shocks me to see how blind people are to defense..

ClutchOver9000
03-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Threads like this make it obvious that people on ish define "talent" as something that occurs on the offensive end.. Yes amare and melo are very talented players "offensively"... But that is only half of the game.. And history shows championships are won by whom are "talented" defensively 90% of the time. When you look at defensive talent... The spurs are better on almost every position. The only person that is close is chandler.. Everyone else it's not even close..
And whoever says Knicks bench > spurs bench must either be retarded or blind.. What you do on the court is what defines you.. And the spurs bench constantly delivers. Knicks bench is rubbish. Seriously...
It shocks me to see how blind people are to defense..

:lol get outta here w/ that mess...

Shumpert is a better perimeter defender and perhaps overall defender than anyone on the Spurs.

toxicxr6
03-09-2012, 01:10 AM
:lol get outta here w/ that mess...

Shumpert is a better perimeter defender and perhaps overall defender than anyone on the Spurs.

Really? Well in the game I watched yesterday.. Didn't seem like it. Defensively Knicks are just complete rubbish. Sorry dude but he isnt that good.. I would take green or Leonard over him in a second

ClutchOver9000
03-09-2012, 01:17 AM
Really? Well in the game I watched yesterday.. Didn't seem like it. Defensively Knicks are just complete rubbish. Sorry dude but he isnt that good.. I would take green or Leonard over him in a second

The Knicks as a team are trash defensively but that doesnt mean they dont have players capable of playing great defense...

get my drift?

lol...and speaking of Shumpert, you dont follow the Knicks so you'd have no idea how good he is defensively...

not his, Chandler, and Harrelson's fault that Lin, Melo, and Amare are pathetically mediocre on D...and that the head coach thinks defense is a type of fruit.

gregboy55
03-09-2012, 01:34 AM
[QUOTE=linZoMourning]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_y...gid=2012030724

Whoah10115
03-09-2012, 01:44 AM

And you would smell bad. You should watch Shumpert more. There aren't 4 better defenders at the guard position this year.

FPJ
03-09-2012, 04:27 AM
Talent is such a relative thing in bball. Most players in the NBA have talent. Its the amount of work that separates elite from average.

Amare should talk less and work more on his jumpshot, post play and at least fake he's trying on defence.

linZoMourning
03-09-2012, 04:18 PM
answer the question gobb. how do you judge talent?? You still havent compared the two you just keep spewing dog shit

step_back
03-09-2012, 04:22 PM
NY only plays one end of the court. Perhaps Amar'e should look into working on his defence instead of practicing the 3 point shot in the offseason.

GOBB
03-09-2012, 04:23 PM
totally out of context by the OP . . . he was praising the Spurs for how well they play as a team. said that the knicks have more talent (which is true) but they don't have the ability to play as cohesively as the Spurs and says that the Knicks have to work to get to that level.

Yup, which is my arguement in this thread. OP = dumbass.

linZoMourning
03-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Yup, which is my arguement in this thread. OP = dumbass.

:roll:

funny you call someone a dumb ass but post one word answers to everything and still cant say how you judge talent. how many people have to disagree with you before you just shutup and leave? wish we were talking about the sixers here but we arent :)

GOBB
03-09-2012, 04:29 PM
:roll:

funny you call someone a dumb ass but post one word answers to everything and still cant say how you judge talent. how many people have to disagree with you before you just shutup and leave? wish we were talking about the sixers here but we arent :)

Right because everyone disagreed with me. :rolleyes: Selective reader and d!pshit. Such a trait.

linZoMourning
03-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Right because everyone disagreed with me. :rolleyes: Selective reader and d!pshit. Such a trait.

keep posting shit that doesnt have to do with the topic. still cant explain how you judge talent. still cant do comparisons keep avoiding like always.

GOBB
03-09-2012, 04:43 PM
keep posting shit that doesnt have to do with the topic. still cant explain how you judge talent. still cant do comparisons keep avoiding like always.

Everything I posted has to do with the topic. you bashed Novak and said Bonner was a better shooter because "Pop said so", then bashed Novak for his defense when Bruce Bowen was offensively challenged as a player. He was a defensive specialist. If Novak only plays one way, then so does Bowen. His offense was on the same level as Novaks defense. You didnt make a comment on that. Nor the other "role players" with specific "roles". Splitter is more talented than Amare because he fits the Spurs and plays defense. Thats your answer. You want me to go back and fort with you when you make these ridiculous remarks.

You posted Daniel Green college resume. Has no relevance to this thread, but have the audacity to type "keep posting sh!t that doesnt have to do with the topic" :roll:

You did the side by side comparisons

manu >>>> fields, not even close!!!!!!

Little juvenile ass replies. F*ck outta here kid.

I dont give much of a crap about the NYK. But to say they are more talented isnt some ridiculous statement. Doesnt mean they are a better team by any stretch of the imagination. Talent only goes but so far, I said this at the begginning of this thread you simpleton.

linZoMourning
03-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Everything I posted has to do with the topic. you bashed Novak and said Bonner was a better shooted because "Pop said so", then bashed Novak for his defense when Bruce Bowen was offensively challenged as a player. He was a defensive specialist. His offense was on the same level as Novaks defense. You didnt make a comment on that. Nor the other "role players" with specific "roles". Splitter is more talented than Amare because he fits the Spurs and plays defense. Thats your answer. You want me to go back and fort with you when you make these ridiculous remarks.

You posted Daniel Green college resume. Has no relevance to this thread, but have the audacity to type "keep posting sh!t that doesnt have to do with the topic" :roll:

You did the side by side comparisons

manu >>>> fields, not even close!!!!!!

Little juvenile ass replies. F*ck outta here kid

the first time you posted more then a one word answer and it STILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHO IS THE MORE TALENTED TEAM. you need to work on that buddy. i said manu > jr smith actually. do you disagree?

keep judging talent by who can dunk more and who throws up more gang signs after a 3

shit what am i talking to a sixer fan about this for?? LMAO no wonder he has no knowledge about the knicks. kid is living in a dream world in philly. first round exit

GOBB
03-09-2012, 05:21 PM
the first time you posted more then a one word answer

Majority of my posts in here are more than one word. Fact, not the lies you are spewing.

keep judging talent by who can dunk more and who throws up more gang signs after a 3

Who does that? Give your ass a rest, think you talked out of it long enough.

shit what am i talking to a sixer fan about this for?? LMAO no wonder he has no knowledge about the knicks. kid is living in a dream world in philly. first round exit

My care factor for the NYK isnt high. Even NYK fans will tell you that. And yes I'm living in a dream world as a Philly fan. :rolleyes: Even Sixers fans would tell you how much of a DUMBASS you sound given they know my thoughts on the Sixers. First rd exit? Probably so. And guess what? It wouldnt bother me one bit. Whereas you're all emotionally upset over taking Amare quotes out of context. You're seeing red over there because someone disagrees with you. Call the wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmbulance. Smeone upset the baby! :(

Its Friday, get over it.

linZoMourning
03-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Majority of my posts in here are more than one word. Fact, not the lies you are spewing.

Who does that? Give your ass a rest, think you talked out of it long enough.

My care factor for the NYK isnt high. Even NYK fans will tell you that. And yes I'm living in a dream world as a Philly fan. :rolleyes: Even Sixers fans would tell you how much of a DUMBASS you sound given they know my thoughts on the Sixers. First rd exit? Probably so. And guess what? It wouldnt bother me one bit. Whereas you're all emotionally upset over taking Amare quotes out of context. You're seeing red over there because someone disagrees with you. Call the wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmbulance. Smeone upset the baby! :(

Its Friday, get over it.

you wrote a bunch of dog shit that has nothing to do with who is the most talented team once again because you cant argue the fact

Godzuki
03-09-2012, 05:28 PM
the first time you posted more then a one word answer and it STILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHO IS THE MORE TALENTED TEAM. you need to work on that buddy. i said manu > jr smith actually. do you disagree?

:lol

Sarcastic
03-09-2012, 05:33 PM
The Spurs didn't beat the Knicks because they have more talent. They had a better game plan and executed it flawlessly. The Knicks only use 1 game plan, which is pick n roll, and once that is contained, they can't do anything else.

GOBB
03-09-2012, 05:40 PM
The Spurs didn't beat the Knicks because they have more talent. They had a better game plan and executed it flawlessly. The Knicks only use 1 game plan, which is pick n roll, and once that is contained, they can't do anything else.

Yup