PDA

View Full Version : Report: Josh Smith demands trade

StateProperty
03-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Sorry if already posted...

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/03/08/atlanta-hawks-josh-smith-still-wants-a-trade/

Miami–Even as Josh Smith is having a strong season for the Hawks he has let the team know he wants to be traded as the March 15 deadline approaches, according to people with knowledge of Smith’s thinking.

And the reasons for Smith’s dissatisfaction with the team now have to make the Hawks wonder if they will be able to sign him to a contract extension next season.

As the trade deadline approaches, the Hawks have taken calls from teams interested in acquiring Smith—Golden State is among the teams who have inquired. But the Hawks so far have given no indication that they intend to part with Smith, who likely would command a high price in a trade.

Smith, 26, is under contract through next season, after which he can become an unrestricted free agent. If the Hawks don’t trade Smith and can’t alleviate his concerns by then, they face the real possibility of him signing with another team in the summer of 2013 because there figures to be a strong market for him.

novocaine
03-08-2012, 04:17 PM
source?

edit: well, i

marion706
03-08-2012, 04:19 PM
this sucks being a hawks fan they said gs is interested hopefully we can get monta back but still josh>ellis

or we can make a run for dwight by trading hoford but he don't even want to come here Atlanta is poop

StroShow4
03-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Weird timing. He just had that huge game against the Thunder, has been carrying a lot of weight with JJ out.

EricGordon23
03-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Trade Joe Johnson for someone who can help Josh smith

EnoughSaid
03-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Hopefully if he does go, he can play his natural position at SF. Dude would be a very helpful piece for some team out there. Maybe Pau Gasol for Smoove? :confusedshrug:

asdf1990
03-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Trade Joe Johnson for someone who can help Josh smith

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: like anyone is dumb enough to take on that contract

brwnman
03-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Josh + Horford for Howard? Don't think it's gonna happen, just throwing it out there...

EricGordon23
03-08-2012, 04:28 PM

Who knows man It's the NBA where anything happens

talkingconch
03-08-2012, 04:29 PM
this guy would be a game changer wouldn't he for whatever team he ends up on?

InspiredLebowski
03-08-2012, 04:31 PM
I'd swap Granger for him. But while Smith's a better player, losing Granger's outside scoring would probably be a bigger loss than Smith's positives. Would still do it and figure it out though.

Reverend Hoops
03-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Hopefully if he does go, he can play his natural position at SF. Dude would be a very helpful piece for some team out there. Maybe Pau Gasol for Smoove? :confusedshrug:

He is not a good perimeter player offensively. That would be the worse thing to do. He is a PF.

Reverend Hoops
03-08-2012, 04:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoEKWtgJQAU&ob=av2e

BGriffin's Dad
03-08-2012, 04:38 PM
get it done Olshey

http://i.imgur.com/fPbur.png

Clocian-IGN
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM
get it done Olshey

:facepalm

Owl
03-08-2012, 04:44 PM
get it done Olshey

I'm not entirely sure that Atlanta does that deal. Would require multiple picks, but Clippers picks (especially with Smith) hold too little value.

BGriffin's Dad
03-08-2012, 04:48 PM
actually... on second thought we need a SG not a forward... Lakers need a SF like Smith

http://i.imgur.com/cqzfJ.jpg

33teeth
03-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Sacramento gets: Josh Smith, CJ Miles
Atlanta gets: Tyreke Evans, Francisco Garcia
Utah gets: Jimmer, JJ Hickson

:confusedshrug: I have no idea what ATL actually wants or needs, but I'd probably roll the dice on this... except that smith would leave :(

Owl
03-08-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm not entirely sure that Atlanta does that deal. Would require multiple picks, but Clippers picks (especially with Smith) hold too little value.
That said Smith will leave for nothing next summer, so what's the best that could be got for Smith?
Johnson contract is a killer (and so far as to prevent them being genuinely good/contenders) so maybe the best strategy is to acquire picks. Would probably require a 3 team trade as Smith needs to being going to a contender (or a team that would be a contender with him) but Atlanta needs better picks than a contender could be able to offer.

wally_world
03-08-2012, 04:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=77jyq6g

Hawks
Nash / Teague / Pargo
JJ / TMac / Stack
Hill / Marvin / Childress
Horford / Ivan Johnson / Radman
Gortat / Dampier

Suns
Hinrich / Price / Telfair
Brown / Redd
Smith / Dudley
Frye / Morris / Warrick
Lopez / Zaza

Sun's get a nice young piece moving forward in their rebuilding process. Get rids of Childress' horrendous contract, while getting an expirer in Hinrich, and a serviceable center in Zaza to replace Gortat.

Hawks turn into absolute contenders once Horford and JJ gets back. Gortat allows Horford to move to his natural 4 spot. Hill is the answer to the Hawk's SF problems. Childress returns to the team he played his best ball at. Nash adds the veteran leadership and floor general to push the Hawks as contenders.

Seems a little lopsided, but JSmoove has been ballin'. Perhaps you can swap out Gortat for Fropez, or the Hawks can toss in Teague.

REACTION
03-08-2012, 04:55 PM
actually... on second thought we need a SG not a forward... Lakers need a SF like Smith

Not bad. I do that trade if I'm the Lakers, Hawks and Clippers, but I'm not sure Boston would give up Ray Allen for that. Maybe though. Hinrich isn't bad. Plus he's an $8.1M expirer.

PHaYze
03-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Not bad. I do that trade if I'm the Lakers, Hawks and Clippers, but I'm not sure Boston would give up Ray Allen for that. Maybe though. Hinrich isn't bad. Plus he's an $8.1M expirer.

Ray is a 10 M expirer.

ralph_i_el
03-08-2012, 05:02 PM
He needs to come play SF for the wizards.

Owl
If only they had an even better player (more valuable bird rights if you choose to extend) and a larger contract to come off the books. And didn't require them to swallow Steve Blake's turd sandwich of a contract. Perhaps a player who Boston fans have an emotional attachment to due to a role in a title winning team.

Not sure that that trade helps the already cap-troubled Hawks either.

REACTION
Ray is a 10 M expirer.

Yeah, but they're losing one of their big 3 when he expires and getting nothing back. In this scenario they'd at least be getting a return as well as some potential cap relief.

HylianNightmare
03-08-2012, 05:06 PM
magic....PLEASE

Real Men Wear Green
03-08-2012, 05:07 PM

Celts have no reason to participate. Two new back-ups for Rondo, five total pgs? Why?

Celts should inquire about reuniting Smith and Rondo.

JohnnyWall
03-08-2012, 05:07 PM
He needs to come play SF for the wizards.

That's like asking a 30 year old to hop into his coffin early so he'll be ready for his own death.

tontoz
03-08-2012, 05:11 PM

Smith sucks at the 3. He has been far better at the 4. He can't shoot or dribble well enough to play the 3 and he isn't quick enough to defend 3s. Plus it takes him further from the basket on D reducing his effectiveness as a shotblocker.

Even at the 4 he still jacks up too many perimeter shots.

He didn't start playing the 4 until his 3rd year.

Smoke117
He's never been a great offensive player especially with his penchant for taking idiotic jump shots, but he's been one of the best defensive players in the league, a game changer on that end. Any team would be happy to have him. You just don't want him shooting that much.

BGriffin's Dad
Celts have no reason to participate. Two new back-ups for Rondo, five total pgs? Why?
Kirk and Steve can both play SG

All Net
03-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Orlando?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Pau Gasol for Josh Smith/J Teague

outbreak
03-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Smith being Dwights childhood friend, Otis better be offering alot for him...

StroShow4
03-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Smith being Dwights childhood friend, Otis better be offering alot for him...

What does Otis have to offer? Orlando's roster is bleak.

blablabla
03-08-2012, 05:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=77jyq6g

Hawks
Nash / Teague / Pargo
JJ / TMac / Stack
Hill / Marvin / Childress
Horford / Ivan Johnson / Radman
Gortat / Dampier

Suns
Hinrich / Price / Telfair
Brown / Redd
Smith / Dudley
Frye / Morris / Warrick
Lopez / Zaza

Sun's get a nice young piece moving forward in their rebuilding process. Get rids of Childress' horrendous contract, while getting an expirer in Hinrich, and a serviceable center in Zaza to replace Gortat.

Hawks turn into absolute contenders once Horford and JJ gets back. Gortat allows Horford to move to his natural 4 spot. Hill is the answer to the Hawk's SF problems. Childress returns to the team he played his best ball at. Nash adds the veteran leadership and floor general to push the Hawks as contenders.

Seems a little lopsided, but JSmoove has been ballin'. Perhaps you can swap out Gortat for Fropez, or the Hawks can toss in Teague.
i like that trade

2LeTTeRS
03-08-2012, 05:19 PM

Your joking right? The biggest problems for the Celts short-term is athleticism and offense, and you want to make it harder for them to score while making them slower and smaller.

And its even worse for them long-term. Ainge has made it known for years that he doesn't want this Celtics team to fall off like his teams of the 80s, and he wants to prevent that by preserving cap space -- and you want to waste it on Kirk Hinrich?

fsvr54
03-08-2012, 05:20 PM
I refuse to believe this.

tontoz
03-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Ainge has made it known for years that he doesn't want this Celtics team to fall off like his teams of the 80s, and he wants to prevent that by preserving cap space -- and you want to waste it on Kirk Hinrich?

Kirk's deal is expiring.

outbreak
03-08-2012, 05:22 PM

That's true but Otis pisses us off by not even getting involved in alot of trade talk. At least try and come up with something, if their taking the route of trying to keep Dwight they have to at least attempt to make some moves.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Your joking right? The biggest problems for the Celts short-term is athleticism and offense, and you want to make it harder for them to score while making them slower and smaller.

And its even worse for them long-term. Ainge has made it known for years that he doesn't want this Celtics team to fall off like his teams of the 80s, and he wants to prevent that by preserving cap space -- and you want to waste it on Kirk Hinrich?

But Kirk is an expirer! :facepalm

It's a disgusting trade all round for the C's. Only way we take part in that trade is Josh Smith coming to us.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6vews5u is much more interesting to me, although we'd still have a logjam at PF and no real 2s.

Real Men Wear Green
03-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Nowhere near as well as Ray Allen or even Mickael Pietrus.. Pointless trade that would be a step back for the Cs.

BlackVVaves
03-08-2012, 05:26 PM

He's a Clipper fan, so of course he think any trade scenario that involves the Clippers getting an All Star talent is "fair."

Celtics give up a Hall of Famer, AND expirer, and get back Steve Blake and Kirk Hinrich. :roll:

Celtic_Pride
03-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Kirk's deal is expiring.

And so is Ray's!

BTW whats the frikkin use of Blake's 3 year contract?

Ainge is moving Ray or KG only for picks or young pieces to build around Rondo.

I wouldn't mind giving up KG or/and Ray for Josh Smith though we will suck this year, but will help us a lot for rebuilding.

Also Smith being Howard's childhood friend, Celts could possibly attract D12 in the summer while having Rondo, Pierce, Smith

For Atlanta,

Hinrich/Teague
Allen
Johnson/Tmac
KG
Horford/Zaza

is a solid team and could possibly be a contender this year.

Not a bad trade

KOBEtherealKing
03-08-2012, 05:42 PM
3 way lakers, hawks, orlando

im not sure if a team can use tpe with others players... if they can tpe for hinrich.. if they cant... tpe for beasley lol

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7af5ydv

hinrich
kobe
beasley
smith
howard

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :roll: :pimp:

hawkfan
03-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Joe Johnson for Danny Granger, then use that extra money to sign Chris Kaman.

Spacers get an upgrade at the wings in Johnson, while the Hawks get younger with Granger and can add a center in Kaman.

niko
03-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Multiple picks would be a start. Like the nets used to pry Wallace for nothing in their first attempt to get dwight.

alenleomessi
03-08-2012, 06:16 PM
reke+hickson for smith?

Fuhrer Hubbs
03-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Anyone else think the Hawks should just get disbanded from the league? The 80s were so great because there wasn't 30 teams. Too much expansion. The NBA should get rid of the Hawks. Noone would even care. It would just be more interesting for fans of the other teams to see who gets their players and create a superior level of talent across the board. A bunch of other teams like the Bobcats, and Hornets could get kicked out too and noone would care.

D-Rose
03-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Josh Smith and Kirk Hinrich for Gasol and Blake :cheers:

J-Futuristic
03-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Anyone else think the Hawks should just get disbanded from the league? The 80s were so great because there wasn't 30 teams. Too much expansion. The NBA should get rid of the Hawks. Noone would even care. It would just be more interesting for fans of the other teams to see who gets their players and create a superior level of talent across the board. A bunch of other teams like the Bobcats, and Hornets could get kicked out too and noone would care.

Atlanta is a big market for the NBA chill out.

Jasper
03-08-2012, 06:31 PM
a couple days ago I thought of Pau and Smit htrade , but money doesn't work... and why would the hawks want a PF in Pau that will make the next two years 19million + (each year) and play on old knee's He'll be 32 in July.

Pau is looking to be a bad trade assest.

Who ever lands Smith , dude plays 'D' rebounds and plays above the rim.
Only issue is him dialing back his 20 footers and making those jumpers 12-15 '

Nickel06
03-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Smith for Melo. Do whatever ya have to do to make the money work. I will carry Melo on my back from new york to atlanta myself to make this happen!!!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Celtic_Pride
03-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Who ever lands Smith , dude plays 'D' rebounds and plays above the rim.
Only issue is him dialing back his 20 footers and making those jumpers 12-15 '

Would be perfect on Celtics. He brings the athleticism and rebounding for us which we badly lack.

Seriously what do Hawk fans think of this? Ray + KG(2 expirers) for Josh Smith

outbreak
03-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Nets should try and do a sneaky trade of Lopez and picks for Smith, then use Smith and D-will to lure Howard there in free agency (orlando seem likely not to move him before the deadline now). Howards wants to play with d-will and smith is his child hood friend he always talks about.
Does Lopez, humphries and picks for Smith and pachulia/another big work?

allabouthawks
03-08-2012, 06:48 PM
reke+hickson for smith?

i would like this if we could move johnson for someone/somthing

No Evans!
03-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Josh Smith has a 15% percent trade kicker if he is traded. Which means he gets 3.87 mil in any deal.

Fiasco
03-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Joe Johnson for Danny Granger, then use that extra money to sign Chris Kaman.

Spacers get an upgrade at the wings in Johnson, while the Hawks get younger with Granger and can add a center in Kaman.

lolololololol

themurph
03-08-2012, 07:02 PM
If I'm the Bulls I get on the phone....Right now....

I would not mind J Smooth on my team...And I would even give up Deng and a pick (as much as I would hate to) to do it....

RaininTwos
03-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Metro area has a population of nearly six million people. You cannot leave a market of that size.

I am so sad that dude wants a trade.

Real Men Wear Green
03-08-2012, 07:15 PM
If I'm the Bulls I get on the phone....Right now....

I would not mind J Smooth on my team...And I would even give up Deng and a pick (as much as I would hate to) to do it....
Deng is vital in the East. Smith is a great help defender but not a shutdown man defender like Deng. Chi needs at least one great defensive 3, they possibly will face Pierce, James, Iggy, and Granger. Absolutely must have that man-to-man defender to keep these guys under control.

themurph
03-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Deng is vital in the East. Smith is a great help defender but not a shutdown man defender like Deng. Chi needs at least one great defensive 3, they possibly will face Pierce, James, Iggy, and Granger. Absolutely must have that man-to-man defender to keep these guys under control.

He's good enough defensively....

And really, let's be real...We are talking about a guy who can go for 23 points, 12 rebounds and 4 blocked shots....

Again, it's not about who is better (I realize Deng is much more level headed player...)....But "talent" wise? Smooth does some things that's off the charts....

Celtic_Pride
03-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Rose cannot penetrate as easily as he does with Noah, Boozer and Smith on the court at same time!

Deng is more vital for the Bulls than Smith.

longtime lurker
03-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Smith and Teague for Howard and fillers. Welcome home Dwight!

Real Men Wear Green
03-08-2012, 07:42 PM

And really, let's be real...We are talking about a guy who can go for 23 points, 12 rebounds and 4 blocked shots....

Again, it's not about who is better (I realize Deng is much more level headed player...)....But "talent" wise? Smooth does some things that's off the charts....
Really, in reality, the real Josh Smith is averaging 17 10 and 2. He's going to block more shots and get more rebounds but in a playoff series vs., say, my Cs you have the huge difference made by Pierce struggling to get 14 points vs. Pierce averaging 20+. Probably won't stop James regardless but your odds are much better with Deng. And Deng can also stop Granger and Igoudala. You have to have a wing stopper to win the East.

2LeTTeRS
03-08-2012, 08:06 PM
reke+hickson for smith?

I absolutely love this deal for Sacramento. Smith would be decent as a 3 in the short term, but if they could add a scorer like Harrison Barnes or Michael Beasley and slide him to the 4 he could really be valuable protecting the paint alongside Cousins.

For Atlanta this would be a dream come true as well. Too bad this deal makes too much sene to happen.

tontoz
03-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Nets should try and do a sneaky trade of Lopez and picks for Smith, then use Smith and D-will to lure Howard there in free agency (orlando seem likely not to move him before the deadline now). Howards wants to play with d-will and smith is his child hood friend he always talks about.
Does Lopez, humphries and picks for Smith and pachulia/another big work?

That does make sense. Smith and Howard are very tight and Atlanta has needed a true center since Deke left.

dbugz
03-08-2012, 08:31 PM
As far as I remember, JSmoove is very open to the media that he wants to play in Boston plus he's also a good friend of Rondo.

I don't mind him playing for the Cs and I wonder if that's gonna happen since we're already loaded at the 4 position. Unless Cs is going to move KG which is very unlikely to happen.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Question:
Bynum plus ?????? gets Smith and Horford??

BoNafidde
03-08-2012, 08:34 PM
I love that Phoenix trade idea. Definitely gives T-Mac a chance at getting past the first round.

BGriffin's Dad
03-08-2012, 08:37 PM
As far as I remember, JSmoove is very open to the media that he wants to play in Boston plus he's also a good friend of Rondo.

in that case

http://i.imgur.com/QoR8N.jpg

Tenchi Ryu
03-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Bring that ass to chicago...Adidas bros for LIFE!!!

Whoah10115
03-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Has anyone mentioned Josh Smith and Jeff Teague for Pau Gasol?

RazorBaLade
03-08-2012, 08:50 PM

i am intrigued

marion706
03-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Has anyone mentioned Josh Smith and Kirk Hinrich for Pau Gasol?

there

outbreak
03-08-2012, 09:09 PM
in that case

http://i.imgur.com/QoR8N.jpg

/facepalm
really? atlanta send out Josh Smith and don't even get the next best piece in Ray Allen in that trade? Clips send out rubbish and get back a HOF? Man at least post some semi realistic rubbish trades.

Whoah10115
03-08-2012, 09:37 PM
there

How about Bynum for Smith and Teague? Young, genuine center, Horford at PF.

i am intrigued

You should be...and if they don't like Gasol for Smith and Teauge, how about Bynum? Almost impossible, because Buss loves him, but in that case Gasol plays center, with Smith at the 4 and Teague running point...you get running offense (yea right under Mike Brown).

Just add a 1st round draft pick and they'd take it.

hoopaddict08
03-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Detroit:
Brand Knight
Jonas Jerebko
Jason Maxiell (expiring contract)

Atlanta:
Josh Smith

CelticBaller
03-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Get him with rondo danny!

outbreak
03-08-2012, 10:17 PM
i wouldn't do rondo for smith

selrahc
03-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Josh Smith for Luke Walton, Metta World Peace, 1st Round Draft Pick

YEA BABY

Scoooter
03-08-2012, 10:19 PM
:lol Rubbish.

disel
03-08-2012, 11:43 PM
get it done Olshey

Wow you are stupid

outbreak
03-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Using bgriffins dad's method of trades how about

orlando receive: smith, griffin and bledsoe
hawks receive: cp3 and butler
clips recieve: turk, williams, big baby and williams

that's fair right seeing as my teams happy?

disel
03-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Using bgriffins dad's method of trades how about

orlando receive: smith, griffin and bledsoe
hawks receive: cp3 and butler
clips recieve: turk, williams, big baby and williams

that's fair right seeing as my teams happy?
Umm he is a clippers fan and a biased one at thatAccording to him Smith who is averaging 22-11-2 blocks in the last month is only worth Mo Williams. So he would want a trade like this.
Clippers recive Smith, Teague and howard
Orlando recives cp3 and coock
Hawks recive Mo williams, reggie evans and jordan.

sfballa13
03-09-2012, 01:01 AM
What about....

To Detroit:
Josh Smith
Luke Walton

To Atlanta:
Pau Gasol
Austin Daye

To Lakers:
Tayshaun Prince
Kirk Hinrich
Jason Maxiell
Jonas Jerebko

Pistons get Smith to pair with Moose

Atlanta gets its all-star C and a youngster in Daye

Lakers turn Luke Walton+Gasol into a starting PG(Kirk) + SF (Tay) + two solid bigmen (Maxiell/Jerebko)

tazb
03-09-2012, 01:15 AM
rondo/pierce/j.smoove/d12 make it happen.

Kews1
03-09-2012, 01:28 AM

I smashed my computer screen when i saw this. :facepalm

Whoah10115
03-09-2012, 02:06 AM
What about....

To Detroit:
Josh Smith
Luke Walton

To Atlanta:
Pau Gasol
Austin Daye

To Lakers:
Tayshaun Prince
Kirk Hinrich
Jason Maxiell
Jonas Jerebko

Pistons get Smith to pair with Moose

Atlanta gets its all-star C and a youngster in Daye

Lakers turn Luke Walton+Gasol into a starting PG(Kirk) + SF (Tay) + two solid bigmen (Maxiell/Jerebko)

This...this is actually pretty good. Salary shed, defense and toughness, a PG and a SF...maybe they'd want Stuckey to come off the bench, maybe not. I might ask instead for Daye, in the hopes that he finally comes good. And if I'm the Pistons I'd rather keep Tayshaun for life and let Daye go.

Monroe would have to stay the center, but with a PF like Josh Smith that changes things. They'd be able to run.

Would the Pistons keep Jerekbo and give up their 1st round pick instead, if that was the Lakers' preference?

EDIT: Just saw Daye went to Atlanta...don't know if they should be able to get him.

Kombo
03-09-2012, 02:23 AM
I think if Atlanta takes in Pau, they'll want to get rid of Marvin too. My thought is, Smith is unhappy because Atl won't extend him. Atl won't extend him because they have no more money (Pau is really expensive). You can do some really interesting trades between Orlando, LA and Atlanta.

How much salary would LA be willing to eat to get Dwight Howard but have to dump both Pau and Bynum?

GoRapz
03-09-2012, 02:29 AM
I smashed my computer screen when i saw this. :facepalm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I'm high as hell and that was hilarious man

GoRapz
03-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Wow you are stupid

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Pharcyde
03-09-2012, 02:32 AM
LOL at Lakers fans thinking that ATL would trade Josh and Jeff Teague for Pau Gasol or Bynum.

Pharcyde
03-09-2012, 02:34 AM

Off the charts.... once every few games. Then the other games he shoots 3's and long 2's poorly instead of taking it to the basket. I'd be fine with Boozer for Josh (which I don't think they would do either), but Deng is unnecessary.

brandonislegend
03-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Off the charts.... once every few games. Then the other games he shoots 3's and long 2's poorly instead of taking it to the basket. I'd be fine with Boozer for Josh (which I don't think they would do either), but Deng is unnecessary.

Boozer for Josh Smith ahahaha yeah right Boozer is a piece of shit.

Tenchi Ryu
03-09-2012, 03:16 AM
Atlanta would be interested in the Rebounding they'd get if they were interested in Boozer.

KOBEtherealKing
03-09-2012, 03:25 AM
LOL at Lakers fans thinking that ATL would trade Josh and Jeff Teague for Pau Gasol or Bynum.

the fvck? why would they not?.. idc about teague because lakers can get a cheaper pg but u really think if mitch offered pau or bynum for smith they wouldnt talk? especially since AL is out. gtfo no one wants boozer or cant create his own shot noah. LOL :violin:

toxicxr6
03-09-2012, 03:35 AM
Would love to see him at the spurs...
Highly unlikely but he would be a good fit for them

G-Funk
03-09-2012, 04:01 AM
the fvck? why would they not?.. idc about teague because lakers can get a cheaper pg but u really think if mitch offered pau or bynum for smith they wouldnt talk? especially since AL is out. gtfo no one wants boozer or cant create his own shot noah. LOL :violin:
This.

JohnnyBravo5
03-09-2012, 04:14 AM
If I were the Lakers I'd trade him for Bynum. Then you trade Pau and a pick for Howard. Having his childhood friend on the Lakers with him would be Howard's dream.

Fish
Kobe
Metta
Smoove
Howard.

Teague
JJ
Marvin
Horford
Bynum

See you in the Championship

wagexslave
03-09-2012, 04:17 AM
The Suns should go after him. They need a strong power forward, it's the biggest thing they've been missing since Amare left.

Steve Nash + Josh Smith = So many facials!

Only problem is that they don't have much trade bait.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-09-2012, 04:31 AM
I think they should try and get a centre, Kaman wouldn't be a bad fit. What do you guys think of: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6u9t53x

Boston receives Smith, New Orleans receives O'Neal, Bass, and Dooling (all expiring or player option), Atlanta receives Kaman.

JGXEN
03-09-2012, 05:30 AM
I want Smith in Boston. Ray+JO for Smith. I know this trade sucks for ATL but who cares? The Hawks accepted my offer on 2K12

All Net
03-09-2012, 05:39 AM

who's saying they would?

SourGrapes
03-09-2012, 07:25 AM
who's saying they would?

me

fefe
03-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Nets should be looking at this with some package built around Brook Lopez.
Smith would be a nice frontcourt mate for Dwight if he is joining this summer as a FA.

Lopez + Petro + Morrow (or Farmar) for Smith + Dampier + McGrady (or Willie Green) could work for both teams

Richesly
03-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo

What The ****kkkkkkki! Why Him? Our Best Player? Trade Joe Away! Godf **** U!@#wertghfnbdnhfdxghnjmgchxfn

bizil
03-09-2012, 10:22 AM
I think Josh is better off at SF instead of PF. Even though he play PF at an All Star level. He has great size and freakish athletic that would make him a tough matchup at SF. He can post up more and he's a good slasher. He likes to take bigger PF's outside because he can't postup many of them. That's where he may take those ill advised threes that people bash him for. For example, he can't post Love, Gasol, Blake, Zack, Aldridge, Amare, Ibaka, etc consistently and do the damage that needs to be done. He could post pretty much any SF other than Lebron. But he's similar to a Marion, Kirilenko, or old school wise Bobby Jones in the fact that all are excellent and versatile defenders, can get u 15-18 points a night (or Marion's case even 21 a night), and can play SF or PF. But all four size wise are more suited for SF.

Pharcyde
03-09-2012, 10:46 AM

Why would they trade Jeff Teague, who by all means seems to be what they want in the future, and Josh Smith for an aging 4 with 19 million dollars being paid to him? The same thing for Bynum. That doesn't improve their team and it does nothing for them in the long run while they lose 2 of their best players....

Pharcyde
03-09-2012, 10:49 AM

I even said in the post that it wouldn't happen..... But Boozer is averaging 15 and 8 on 52% shooting. I don't understand this conception that he's a absolutely horrible player.

allabouthawks
03-09-2012, 11:10 AM
I think Josh is better off at SF instead of PF. Even though he play PF at an All Star level. He has great size and freakish athletic that would make him a tough matchup at SF. He can post up more and he's a good slasher. He likes to take bigger PF's outside because he can't postup many of them. That's where he may take those ill advised threes that people bash him for. For example, he can't post Love, Gasol, Blake, Zack, Aldridge, Amare, Ibaka, etc consistently and do the damage that needs to be done. He could post pretty much any SF other than Lebron. But he's similar to a Marion, Kirilenko, or old school wise Bobby Jones in the fact that all are excellent and versatile defenders, can get u 15-18 points a night (or Marion's case even 21 a night), and can play SF or PF. But all four size wise are more suited for SF.

smith is kinda fail at SF cos he cant dribble and shoot unless hes hot and it takes away his rebounding/blocking cos hes on the outside

hawksdogsbraves
03-09-2012, 11:18 AM
If you think J-Smoove's natural position is as a SF then you frankly don't know jack shit about him.

2LeTTeRS
03-09-2012, 11:33 AM

If your sold that Bynum isn't going to get hurt (which lessens the need of another big who can play the 5) then this might be the best deal the Lakers can get for Gasol. The one question I have for Hawks fans is how good has Teague looked this year? I loved him in the playoffs but haven't seen much of ATL this year to judge.

Optimus Prime
03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
I would not trade Gasol for anything less than a great PG...certainly not Jsmoove and Teague!

G-Funk
03-09-2012, 11:50 AM
me
Who gives a shyt what u think... Gasol is a lot better deal for the Hawks than a freaking Boozer deal.

G-Funk
03-09-2012, 11:53 AM
I would not trade Gasol for anything less than a great PG...certainly not Jsmoove and Teague!
Id rather keep Gasol but if Lakers can some how bring Dwight Howard then this a deal that I wouod do super fast.

Optimus Prime
03-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Id rather keep Gasol but if Lakers can some how bring Dwight Howard then this a deal that I wouod do super fast.

I doubt we can get Howard but the story changes daily so who knows. I would not trade Gasol for Jsmoove and Teague...that does not address the problem or make the Lakers better. Id rather trade Gasol and picks for Rondo but that will never happen so all the Lakers need to do now is trade the TPE and a first round pick for Sessions.

Watching Jsmoove jack up 6-8 contested 18 footers a game would make me tear my hair out!

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2012, 12:25 PM
I would love for Smith to go to the Nets. Even SB Nation wrote an article on how he could fit in with them.
http://newyork.sbnation.com/new-jersey-nets/2012/3/9/2856996/nba-trade-rumors-new-jersey-nets-josh-smith-dwight-howard-orlando-magic

He is owed quite a bit of money though, and I rarely see him play but his stats look beautiful. What I do know is that he's a young athletic shot blocker who can definitely help the Nets defensively and offensively.

SourGrapes
03-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Who gives a shyt what u think... Gasol is a lot better deal for the Hawks than a freaking Boozer deal.

Read over the conversation carefully numbnuts. I'm agreeing with you

G-Funk
03-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Read over the conversation carefully numbnuts. I'm agreeing with you
My bad G... Didnt mean to quote u

tontoz
03-09-2012, 12:58 PM
If you think J-Smoove's natural position is as a SF then you frankly don't know jack shit about him.

This. Smith isn't quick enough to beat 3s off the dribble or defend them. He can't shoot a lick and playing at the 3 would just encourage him to take more perimeter shots.

I wonder if the Hawks would be willing to trade Smith/Horford for Howard. Makes some sense for both teams.

SourGrapes
03-09-2012, 01:07 PM
My bad G... Didnt mean to quote u

it's all good

:cheers:

Kingwillball
03-09-2012, 01:12 PM
D12 for Smith and Horford is now also starting to make its way around as another Rumor of a Possible Trade Scenario.

NBA2k-Monster23
03-09-2012, 01:16 PM
I would love for Smith to go to the Nets. Even SB Nation wrote an article on how he could fit in with them.
http://newyork.sbnation.com/new-jersey-nets/2012/3/9/2856996/nba-trade-rumors-new-jersey-nets-josh-smith-dwight-howard-orlando-magic

He is owed quite a bit of money though, and I rarely see him play but his stats look beautiful. What I do know is that he's a young athletic shot blocker who can definitely help the Nets defensively and offensively.

Who would you guys give up for him?

WRECK!A!NIZE
03-10-2012, 04:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qqyoo7

bizil
11-07-2013, 08:46 PM
smith is kinda fail at SF cos he cant dribble and shoot unless hes hot and it takes away his rebounding/blocking cos hes on the outside

I wouldn't go that far. He's a combo style forward who can go either way. But offensively, what edge does he have on PF's. He can take them off the dribble sure. But he can't post them up. As athletic as he is, he can EASILY play SF. His handle isn't the best, but he can still slash and get to the rack on SF's. Size wise, he's more suited to match up with Lebrons, Melos, Durants, etc. as opposed to Love, Blake, Lamarcus, Randolph. That's why Detroit has him at SF alongside Drummond and Monroe. I feel he's capable at either SF or PF with not really any dropoff. Josh is more SF-PF than a swingman or true PF. But on defense, he can check multiple positions.

KyrieTheFuture
11-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Why the **** would you bump this

OldSkoolball#52
11-07-2013, 08:55 PM

:roll:

ZMonkey11
11-07-2013, 09:23 PM
This just scared the shit out of me.

LosBulls
11-07-2013, 09:25 PM
LMAO I was thinking what could Detroit possibly have done wrong to make a guy demand a trade so fast.

AintNoSunshine
11-07-2013, 09:25 PM
:roll:

bizil
11-07-2013, 11:35 PM

Mind ya business BITCH!!! That goes for all of yall talking shit out there. U are entitled to your opinion and Im entitled to defend myself! It's AMERICA!!!

Burgz V2
11-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Mind ya business BITCH!!! That goes for all of yall talking shit out there. U are entitled to your opinion and Im entitled to defend myself! It's AMERICA!!!

:biggums:

b1imtf
11-08-2013, 01:24 AM
:crazysam:

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 01:27 AM
:coleman:

JimmyMcAdocious
11-08-2013, 01:27 AM
:milton

KyleKong
11-08-2013, 01:31 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldz4d3SejN1qf26nu.gif

Burgz V2
11-08-2013, 01:43 AM
classic ISH meltdown

mrpibb
11-08-2013, 01:50 AM

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1975/5sxx.gif