highlights : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A22sqH0gqpc

:rockon:

bmulls
03-10-2012, 01:05 AM
The Dragon is angry?

oh gods what have we done...

Pointguard
03-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Amare just isn't good at boxing out. I hear Chandler tells him about it. Lin let loose there.

FKAri
03-10-2012, 01:12 AM
He played really good D on Jennings alot more than just that one possession. A very impressive night for him and BDiddy as well.

But the interior D looked alot like this tonight:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SwkUhusZwTE/T1lgvWPLP0I/AAAAAAAAAAg/jSFuF-1A6SI/s480/Defense1.gif

:facepalm

DMV2
03-10-2012, 01:17 AM
He played really good D on Jennings alot more than just that one possession. A very impressive night for him and BDiddy as well.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SwkUhusZwTE/T1lgvWPLP0I/AAAAAAAAAAg/jSFuF-1A6SI/s480/Defense1.gif

Sean Elliot was showing that the other night.

:facepalm Amare looks like he was scared of little Tony Parker. Yet he was talking shit after the lost too.

strifed169
03-10-2012, 01:20 AM
He gestured his anger in Amares direction, Lin da Gawd :bowdown:

he also showed anger in the Toronto game when Amare was letting the guards run layup drills at the end of the 3rd on the verge of a comeback.

Lin plays with the most passion and heart especially on D and when Amare ****s it all up rofl he has the right to be pissed.

Pointguard
03-10-2012, 01:24 AM

Amare with the finger gun point defense. Where is D"Antoni's doghouse when you need it.

keep-itreal
03-10-2012, 01:43 AM
It's acceptable how he feels and react, but man this might cause some real rift between Lin and whoever he was yelling at(amare probably)

Nobody likes it when a rookie yells at them in their face, especially amare who's been in this league for years.

StateOfMind12
03-10-2012, 01:50 AM
:bowdown: Jordan-esque.

Knicks need to trade Melo. The dude is worthless, Amare sucks at rebounding but at least he will contribute on offense. Melo contributes to nothing.

jstern
03-10-2012, 02:02 AM
When I saw it in the video it was like... wow, considering Lin's position a few weeks ago. It was very Jordan like, but with more anger. Thought about the fact that he's really religious.

tikay0
03-10-2012, 02:03 AM
I love lin and all, but a rookie should never disrespect a vet like that. i dont care. no one yells at him when he gets a ton of to's and no one will unless they wanna get crucified by the ny media.

ballashotcalla
03-10-2012, 02:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/840Dl.gif

http://i.imgur.com/840Dl.gif

highlights : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A22sqH0gqpc

:rockon:
That play is not anyone's fault really.

Any airball is up for grabs.

bballbball
03-10-2012, 02:06 AM
I love lin and all, but a rookie should never disrespect a vet like that. i dont care. no one yells at him when he gets a ton of to's and no one will unless they wanna get crucified by the ny media.

Did you watch the game..? Lin (and Baron in the 4th) were the only ones playing with passion, and he brought them back from a double digit deficit with great plays and lockdown D on Jennings while Ilysolva and Gooden were getting constant rebounds because Stat hasn't learned in 12 years in the NBA to block out yet. Lin played his ass of to get Jennings to throw up a wild heave and Stat let them put it back.

coin24
03-10-2012, 02:08 AM
How can anyone on here defend stat/Melo:facepalm

Playing like shit. No defense, can't rebound. They deserve to be yelled at by a rookie. Fkn embarassing:facepalm

tikay0
03-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Since yall are knick fans ill give u the benefit of the doubt. cuz honestly, i wouldnt mind a rookie yelling at boozer for his putrid defense. so my bad.

Rake2204
03-10-2012, 02:13 AM
I've never bought into the "rookie should never disrespect a vet" deal. Also, I think there's a difference between skill deficiency (aka turnovers) and effort (aka finger pointing a ballhandler right past you).

My feeling is, if a player is doing something he needs to be yelled at for, it shouldn't matter where it comes from. In fact, I kind of wish my freshmen teammate (or anyone really) would have had the gall to call me out as a senior at the times where I wasn't pushing as hard as I should have been.

Of course, I say all this without knowing exactly who or what Lin was upset about. I'm just saying, never bought the idea of someone having to earn the right to speak up about something; such a lame notion to me. If it needs to be said, say it. It is what it is.

June1026
03-10-2012, 02:15 AM
yall wondering why pgs torching lin, it has more to do with amare than lin, clueless people saying it's lin's fault parker's dropping 30, and it's lin's fault rondo grabbing 20 boards, anything's possible with stat in there.

B4llin
03-10-2012, 02:17 AM

i can't help but think amare was trying to make lin look bad there over jelousy, pushed duncan into lin so lin would get hurt, then let the player lin was defending score with ease

strifed169
03-10-2012, 02:17 AM
yall wondering why pgs torching lin, it has more to do with amare than lin, clueless people saying it's lin's fault parker's dropping 30, and it's lin's fault rondo grabbing 20 boards, anything's possible with stat in there.

Love dropped 30/30 on him as a perimeter PF :facepalm

strifed169
03-10-2012, 02:18 AM
i can't help but think amare was trying to make lin look bad there over jelousy, pushed duncan into lin so lin would get hurt, then let the player lin was defending score with ease

tweet this to amares twitter

plUto or bUst
03-10-2012, 02:19 AM

Geez... quit it. Amare's just clueless on defense. No ill intent there.

June1026
03-10-2012, 02:21 AM

if you put it that way, it would actually make more sense.

Pointguard
03-10-2012, 02:22 AM
That play is not anyone's fault really.

Any airball is up for grabs.

Put a body on a body. The rebound rarely rebounds under the rim (ironically, cept for airballs) which is where both Amare and Mello were. It was actually Mello's man that went for the better rebounding position - the ball will usually rebound on the same side the shooter is shooting from. We really can't keep both of them because their weaknesses are the same and too important in the playoffs, defense and rebounding.

bigt
03-10-2012, 04:08 AM

Wow :facepalm I watched that game and was shaking my head at Amare's defense, but I didn't realise just how pathetic he was on that play. Lin gets screened hard (but legally) as he tries to fight through, and there's Amare giving Parker freaking directions and backing away. Disgraceful

ballashotcalla
03-10-2012, 04:12 AM
What was he saying though?

C'mon! or Let's Go!

FKAri
03-10-2012, 04:16 AM
Another gem:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hP0BrvTVL7A/T1lhMkN4roI/AAAAAAAAAAo/zwhY6nbhRso/s540/Defense2.gif

ClutchOver9000
03-10-2012, 07:30 AM
about time ppl recognize that Amare is absolute TRASH defensively...

he often lets ppl drive right to the basket and when he actually tries to stop em, his reflexes are so slow, that the guard has usually already blown past him, and his only option is a block-from-behind attempt. He is also the WORST player ever at picking up rotations...

As bad as Melo is on defense, no one comes close to Amare (except Boozer)

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Stans will do anything to keep blame from Lin, lol.

bingo123
03-10-2012, 07:56 AM

Normaly i would agree with that but not in this case. Lin (with some other role players playing very good) gave this team a chance to make it to the playoffs. Without Linsanity they are 12-14 seed team right now. He saved them from embarrassment for not making the playoffs (for now). I cant even imagine what will happen if THIS team wont make it in the postseason (probably the biggest failure in NBA history)...

Blue&Orange
03-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Why not? Since the coach doesn't do his job, someone have to do it.

It's not the first time, beginning of the season a fan had to pay money of his pocket to go watch a Knicks game a tell Melo what he should do... Let's think about this for a moment, a fan had to pay money to do D'Antoni job.

For how many years have Amare sucked on defense? For how many years have he been coached by D'Antoni, how many times have anyone seen D'Antoni angry with Amare? How may time have we heard D'Antoni praise Amare?

I've said it a couple a times, D'Antoni is the guy that publicly bashed Fields, last year, when Fields was the only Knick player that was attacking the basket, Knicks were 1-9, knicks gameplan was 4 players standing still behind the point line, Amare at center, and Fields was a breath of fresh air on that team, somehow D'Antoni thought it was a good idea to blame Fields, rookie, because he was hurting Amare's "spacing"...

D'Antoni not only is the worst coach on the league he is a f@gott who is unable\scared to call out his star players, but at the same crack jokes about guys like Douglas.

Any SANE knicks fan want to see this team with a decent coach, not asking much, Monty Williams would be a HUGE improvement, before even thinking about trades.

redhonda76
03-10-2012, 09:27 AM
It's no surprise Amare just cannot play defense. Remember the 2005 playoffs that everyone was raving about Amare torching Duncan. People forgot that Duncan sat out the last 16 games of the regular season due to 2 sprained ankles and could not move at all. Even with the 2 sprained ankles, Duncan still put up 25/15 on Amare. Both Amare and Melo are probably one of the worst defensive front court in the NBA.

bagelred
03-10-2012, 09:51 AM

Amar'e, when Clyde says the Knicks play "Matador D", it's not a suggestion. It's an insult.

Bigsmoke
03-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Lin had Brandon Jennings shoot 50%. :lol

cant wait to see what Derrick Rose and Chris Paul do to this ****

IGOTGAME
03-10-2012, 01:10 PM

Won't be Lin's fault. Just like Jenning's going off had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Lin. Lin was actually playing great defense, it just happens to be the case that EVERY pg they play or person that Lin's guards goes off.

Guy is a below average defender at the pg position position but according to Knicks fan, only Lin and Chandler play defense.

Cangri
03-10-2012, 01:21 PM

No way they will put Lin on Rose, he'll probably end up guarding Korver or some other Bull shooter.

Bigsmoke
03-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Won't be Lin's fault. Just like Jenning's going off had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Lin. Lin was actually playing great defense, it just happens to be the case that EVERY pg they play or person that Lin's guards goes off.

Guy is a below average defender at the pg position position but according to Knicks fan, only Lin and Chandler play defense.

i seen Lin play before.:no: His defense is nonexistent if u take away a few of the charges he drawn and steals he'll get here and there.

the have trouble fighting through screens

FKAri
03-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Stans will do anything to keep blame from Lin, lol.

Im not a Knicks fan but I can see now that the haters are boxscore readers. Lin played good D tonight whenever he had Jennings on em. Theres a reason he was guarding Jennings in iso at the end instead of Baron or JR or anybody else.

SchoolRumble
03-10-2012, 01:48 PM

lol Rubio must have some awesome defense played on him to shoot 1-12 every single game :bowdown:

NattyPButter
03-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Lin is no rookie stop with the rookie talk. Is he up for the award for rookie of the year? Fans of his want to use the excuse he's a rookie when he makes mistakes just to hide his faults.

June1026
03-10-2012, 02:45 PM
lol Rubio must have some awesome defense played on him to shoot 1-12 every single game :bowdown:
:lol

bagelred
03-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Lin is no rookie stop with the rookie talk. Is he up for the award for rookie of the year? Fans of his want to use the excuse he's a rookie when he makes mistakes just to hide his faults.

Exactly. Just like Blake Griffin wasn't a rookie last year.

BarberSchool
03-10-2012, 03:29 PM

tweet this to amares twitterYes please.

Let's start this rumor.

The Ownage
03-10-2012, 03:32 PM
I didn't watch the game last night. Why did Shumpert play 5 minutes? Injury?

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Exactly. Just like Blake Griffin wasn't a rookie last year.
The only thing is Lin actually played and wasn't on IR.

swi7ch
03-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I didn't watch the game last night. Why did Shumpert play 5 minutes? Injury?

Melo just needed more playing time so he can jack up more shots. In D' Antoni's world, offense > defense everytime.

The Ownage
03-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Melo just needed more playing time so he can jack up more shots. In D' Antoni's world, offense > defense everytime.
Wait, Shumpert was only given 5 minutes purposely??

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

T.O.RapsJays
03-10-2012, 03:40 PM
This

Killbot
03-10-2012, 03:43 PM
i seen Lin play before.:no: His defense is nonexistent if u take away a few of the charges he drawn and steals he'll get here and there.

Apparently you haven't been watching enough.

Im not a Knicks fan but I can see now that the haters are boxscore readers. Lin played good D tonight whenever he had Jennings on em. Theres a reason he was guarding Jennings in iso at the end instead of Baron or JR or anybody else.

Indeed. It's painfully obvious that they don't watch most of the Knicks games.

SchoolRumble
03-10-2012, 04:16 PM

yeah, ray allen can't score if you take away his shooting.:facepalm

bagelred
03-10-2012, 04:17 PM

I know, those 280 minutes of action was a world of experience.

IGOTGAME
03-10-2012, 04:30 PM

I would imagine that practice, training camp and working out with NBA players for a year would be a "world of a difference." :rolleyes:

Cali Syndicate
03-10-2012, 05:31 PM

Lin hardly played as a Warrior. Most garbage minutes went to Acie Law.

Yeah Lin isn't a rookie but he definitely doesn't have much experience.

chips93
03-10-2012, 05:37 PM

it might not have been much of a difference, but you have to drawn the line somewhere

Extempo
03-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Amare SUCKS man. I'd hate him with a passion if he played for my team.

linZoMourning
03-10-2012, 05:41 PM

my god how could anyone want to play with amare?? that is the most pathetic display of defense I have ever seen.

lilgregoden
03-10-2012, 05:48 PM

lol amare just points in the direction of the rim, I would have benched him after that.

swi7ch
03-10-2012, 06:00 PM
lol amare just points in the direction of the rim, I would have benched him after that.

my god how could anyone want to play with amare?? that is the most pathetic display of defense I have ever seen.

that was clearly lin's fault for not going through duncan's body

jamal99
03-10-2012, 06:16 PM

lol, he moved out of the way... :wtf: