PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio with Torn ACL, Out for the season

AirTupac
03-10-2012, 01:35 AM
As Minnesota phenom Ricky Rubio goes for MRI on injured knee Saturday, Wolves fear a torn ACL

From the Woj

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_ricky_rubio_knee_injury_nba_030912
Video of the collision: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CG0Lv5vbeR0

It's official, he's done. He might miss the Olympics too.

[quote]Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio

RedBlackAttack
03-10-2012, 01:37 AM
That is awful. Hopefully it will only be a sprain. If you are an NBA fan, this is bad news... I don't care who your team is.

:(

Bucket_Nakedz
03-10-2012, 01:39 AM
damn, and they were makin a push. hope it aint serious.

longtime lurker
Jesus I hope not. Never want to see a guy go down with an ACL injury

Rekindled
rondo+ allen for rubio+derrick williams+ filler. KG+Pierce+first for Horford.

Celtics tank the season, sign dwight as FA next year lineup.

Dwight
Horford
Williams
Barnes
Rubio

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LBJMVP
03-10-2012, 01:40 AM
damn...i hope it isn't the ACL. wolves were looking very promising, and rubio was is a fun player to watch.

Scoooter
That sucks.

stallionaire
Sigh.

FKAri
03-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Keeping my hopes up until results are in.

Nets fan 93
03-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Wow this is terrible news. It sucks to see a pg as talented as Rubio go down for a much improved t wolves squad. :(

The_Yearning
03-10-2012, 01:52 AM
If this is true he will probably miss most of next season as well :(

FindingTim
03-10-2012, 01:54 AM
buzz. kill.
Simmons!!! just posted an article today: "wolves will make playoffs barring a major injury"

MeLO MvP 15
03-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Please no :(

True blow for one of the best stories in the NBA and an apparently good kid. I really love watchin the wolves because of him.

iamgine
03-10-2012, 01:57 AM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3072/capt976d189c7e6649d4b61.jpg

tikay0
03-10-2012, 01:59 AM
The wolves were in damn good position for a late run before the playoffs too!!!! I hate seeing any player go down like that. best wishes to t wolves fans.

RedBlackAttack
buzz. kill.
Simmons!!! just posted an article today: "wolves will make playoffs barring a major injury"
Yeah, I just read that. :(

Minnesota fans can't win... They finally have a season filled with optimism and potential and now this... I just hope it turns out to be less severe than what is being reported. If it is a torn ACL, you are talking about a potentially career-altering injury.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCC

I feel for you Wolves fans... I truly do. Hopefully, the team is talented enough to endure this kind of injury and continue on to make a playoff run... which it may be.

Meticode
That sucks, just when Minnesota was doing so well too.

plUto or bUst
03-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Sucks for Rubio. At least the injury won't take away from his passing skills. He should come back better than ever and maybe he can work on his shot while he is immobilized.

abuC
03-10-2012, 02:05 AM
If this is true he will probably miss most of next season as well :(

David West tore his ACL March 25th last year, and was ready to go at the start of this season. Ricky is much younger than him, I doubt he would miss even 2 months of next season.

abuC
03-10-2012, 02:06 AM
If it is a torn ACL, you are talking about a potentially career-altering injury.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCC

I feel for you Wolves fans... I truly do. Hopefully, the team is talented enough to endure this kind of injury and continue on to make a playoff run... which it may be.

Baron Davis tore his ACL his freshmen year in College, and was still explosive after he recovered, it's not the career death sentence it used to be.

Rake2204
03-10-2012, 02:07 AM
I am quite hopefully it is not the ACL. I have a hard time deciphering that video. I can't quite tell if the injury occurred due to the lockup of his leg or from the contact with Bryant. Traditionally, one will not suffer an ACL injury from contact, but it does sort of appear that his leg hitched prior to hitting Bryant.

I must be honest, I was not too pumped about Rubio's arrival prior to this season. There was so much talk, hype, anti-hype, what-have-you, that I was just tired of the idea of him. However, I've very much enjoyed what he's done here with the Timberwolves thus far. I hope he's alright. If he's not, I wish him the speediest of recoveries.

abuC
03-10-2012, 02:09 AM
I am quite hopefully it is not the ACL. I have a hard time deciphering that video. I can't quite tell if the injury occurred due to the lockup of his leg or from the contact with Bryant. Traditionally, one will not suffer an ACL injury from contact, but it does sort of appear that his leg hitched prior to hitting Bryant.

It looks pretty bad here:

http://i.minus.com/ig6vw4s2OklkB.gif

No contact when it first buckled.

Rake2204
03-10-2012, 02:18 AM
It looks pretty bad here:

http://i.minus.com/ig6vw4s2OklkB.gif

No contact when it first buckled.
You're right. Bummer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

FindingTim
03-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Baron Davis tore his ACL his freshmen year in College, and was still explosive after he recovered, it's not the career death sentence it used to be.

thanks for posting that. I feel less nauseous now.

RedBlackAttack
03-10-2012, 02:24 AM
Certainly not... The medical profession has made incredible strides in being able to repair what used to be a career-ending injury. However, there are still varying degrees of ACL tears and it also depends upon whether or not the guy has a body that responds well/quickly to treatment and rehab.

There are a lot of variables. It is just a sad situation if it is a tear. The best case scenario still probably includes missing time at the beginning of next season.

strifed169
03-10-2012, 02:25 AM
Rubio is the flashiest passer in the league not to mention the most entertaining, ****

FireMcFailPlease
03-10-2012, 02:29 AM
i hate life. sports. everything.

ballashotcalla
03-10-2012, 02:31 AM
Just too many variables involved with torn acl.

Really depends on how much damage there is inside (catilage, meniscus).

The biggest blow though is to the psyche. I hope he rebounds very well.

RedBlackAttack
03-10-2012, 02:33 AM
The more I watch that gif, the more my stomach turns. It just doesn't look good.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

longtime lurker
03-10-2012, 02:40 AM
I think the Wolves can still make a move for a PG to make the playoffs. Maybe dangle Beasley out there and see what comes back.

stallionaire
03-10-2012, 02:42 AM

I think I might feel worse than when I heard Adrian Peterson tore both his ACL/MCL.

The life of a Minnesota sports fan. :violin:

RedBlackAttack
03-10-2012, 02:44 AM
I think the Wolves can still make a move for a PG to make the playoffs. Maybe dangle Beasley out there and see what comes back.
Is Ridnour not capable?

Btw, Ramon Sessions, anyone? A return to glory?

stallionaire
03-10-2012, 02:45 AM
Ridnour is great.

But us Wolves fans want a Ricky Rubio that is developing at an NBA level and speed for the future, right now.

RedBlackAttack
03-10-2012, 02:48 AM
Ridnour is great.

But us Wolves fans want a Ricky Rubio that is developing at an NBA level and speed for the future, right now.
Well, yeah... Of course. I get that.

I was just responding to the post that insinuated that, if the worst news becomes a reality, you guys actually have to go after another PG in order to make a push for the playoffs. I don't think that is entirely necessary.

longtime lurker
03-10-2012, 02:50 AM
Is Ridnour not capable?

Ridnour is decent, but he doesn't run the offense like Rubio can. There's also the problem of Barea being out. I actually think Sessions would be a great option for them, ironic considering that they traded him.

stallionaire
03-10-2012, 02:51 AM
Realistically, and this is as a huge Rubio homer, I don't think our chances are hampered too much.

I don't want us to go get a 1-guard. We should get a combo-guard that can score and that's that. I'm confident with letting a guy like Barea or Ridnour take over at the 1 for the remainder of the season just because Rubio wasn't playing that amazing recently.

The worst thing about all of this is that he loses out on a half-NBA season to get better. This kids court vision is absolutely insane and the fact that he's going to miss significant playing time scares the hell out of me.

Rubio being out doesn't impact the Wolves immediately, but it will down the line.

CLE[216]
03-10-2012, 02:57 AM
Maybe it's just a sprain. His knee buckled but it didn't turn terribly like a typical ACL tear. Tough break for the T-Wolves.

Meticode
03-10-2012, 03:05 AM
The more I watch that gif, the more my stomach turns. It just doesn't look good.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
Same type of injury happened to a local player. 6'8" 230 pound center for my wife's old high school. He didn't get any contact, he just tried to stop from going out of bounds kind of like how Rubio tried to stop to change direction and he just blew his ACL out with a normal basketball move. Missed the rest of the season last year. This year they're 1 game away from state.

Celtic_Pride
03-10-2012, 03:28 AM
Wishing him a speedy recovery. It's such a joy to watch a flashy pass first point guard!

alwaysunny
03-10-2012, 03:34 AM
I think I might feel worse than when I heard Adrian Peterson tore both his ACL/MCL.

The life of a Minnesota sports fan. :violin:

It's a terrible timing for the Wolves but it's not like the injury will linger Rubio for the rest of his career. Even if it does he should do fine as his skillset doesn't rely on athleticism as much.

AD on the other hand is a running back. A lot of history with RBs production decrease after a knee injury. I would be hell of a lot more worried for AD than Rubio if I were you. Don't be surprised if he doesn't ever produce the same type of numbers again.

stallionaire
03-10-2012, 04:12 AM
True. Peterson's injury was horrible.

I just rather get every year out of Rubio's rookie contract...

All Net
03-10-2012, 04:28 AM
Crap :(

alenleomessi
03-10-2012, 04:55 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

LABean
03-10-2012, 04:58 AM
Rubio is a good kid, but why did he have to anger Godbe? :facepalm
Punished for your sin. :no:

stallionaire
03-10-2012, 05:02 AM
Kobe charged him. Ref didn't call it.

Deuce Bigalow
03-10-2012, 05:14 AM
Kobe charged him. Ref didn't call it.
charge? :oldlol: :facepalm

Clippersfan86
03-10-2012, 05:15 AM

Lmfao!

ihatetimthomas
03-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Sucks. He is one of the most young exciting players in the game. I hope its nothing serious. I am not thinking about this year. I am thinking about the future. You never want a player to not achieve their potential bc of an injury.

Shepseskaf
03-10-2012, 07:01 AM
I hope this isn't as serious as it looks. I've been critical of the kid, but really wanted to see how he would finish the season.

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 07:23 AM
That is awful. Hopefully it will only be a sprain. If you are an NBA fan, this is bad news... I don't care who your team is.

Lol, I'm an NBA fan and I couldn't care less. Pretty foolish for you to sleak for everyone.

ClutchOver9000
03-10-2012, 07:32 AM
damn that sucks if true

hopefully everythings all good and if not, then speedy recovery...

TWolves were looking promising n everything too...shame...

at least they still got a very prolific frontcourt in Love/Pekovic

Yung D-Will
03-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Lol, I'm an NBA fan and I couldn't care less. .
http://pull.imgfave.netdna-cdn.com/image_cache/1323062570885261.png

derb2k2
03-10-2012, 07:37 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I hope it's not an ACL tear. he's a promising star in the league and the Wolves are doing nicely

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 07:41 AM
1. Nice use of a lame over played meme.
2. Good to see you're still butt hurt over a convo we probably had weeks ago.
3. My point remains. I couldn't care less about the Wolves and to say that every NBA fan should care is a stretch.

ihatetimthomas
03-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Lol, I'm an NBA fan and I couldn't care less. Pretty foolish for you to sleak for everyone.

If you are a fan of the game, you would not want to see any talented player hurt because you are not able to watch them play. You don't have to care about any player/team, but fans of the game don't like to see good NBA player hurt because you miss out on watching good ball.

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 07:54 AM
If you are a fan of the game, you would not want to see any talented player hurt because you are not able to watch them play. You don't have to care about any player/team, but fans of the game don't like to see good NBA player hurt because you miss out on watching good ball.
I don't see it like that. If one player gets hurt another will step up and take his place. It's not a big deal to me because if none of the NBA players existed I'd still love and watch basketball. You never like to see any living thing get hurt, but after that, I really don't care. Telling me I should care if I'm a fan of basketball is fatuous.

ihatetimthomas
03-10-2012, 08:06 AM
I don't see it like that. If one player gets hurt another will step up and take his place. It's not a big deal to me because if none of the NBA players existed I'd still love and watch basketball. You never like to see any living thing get hurt, but after that, I really don't care. Telling me I should care if I'm a fan of basketball is fatuous.

Where did i tell you you should care? All I am saying is that if you like bball, you dont want to see good players get hurt. Are you really going to try to debate and disagree with me on that?

TonyD
03-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Damn that's a shame, like I said in the game thread, Rubio should have known there was no way he was going to get that call to go his way. Final seconds of the game, a rookie draws a charge on Kobe out on the perimeter? Not happening. The Lakers lucked out, but hopefully a new losing streak can begin on Sunday when Boston comes to town.

bagelred
03-10-2012, 10:42 AM
I knew as soon as Ricky Rubio was drafted, he would play well and tear his ACL. Why didn't David Kahn know that?

Kahn is such an idiot. Worst GM in the game? :confusedshrug:

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Where did i tell you you should care? All I am saying is that if you like bball, you dont want to see good players get hurt. Are you really going to try to debate and disagree with me on that?
No, you framed it like all b ball fans should care about Rubios knee. I disagree. And again, I don't want to see anyone suffer.

bigkingsfan
03-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Should of stayed in Europe for another year.

roffie
03-10-2012, 11:05 AM
twolves can say good bye to the play offs if rubio does go down...

plUto or bUst
03-10-2012, 11:07 AM

You are a prick. Rubio is a unique player and fun to watch. There are no rookies out there that can do what Rubio does on the court. In that sense, he's irreplaceable.

I'd like to see you say that if Derrick Rose blows out his ACL.

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 11:12 AM
You are a prick. Rubio is a unique player and fun to watch. There are no rookies out there that can do what Rubio does on the court. In that sense, he's irreplaceable.

I'd like to see you say that if Derrick Rose blows out his ACL.
Irreplaceable?

If I'm a pricked you're a sappy homo.

A basketball player hurt his ACL. How awful. How will the NBA survive?

Just because I don't care to be depressed over the next teams plight doesn't make me less of a b ball fan or a prick.

plUto or bUst
03-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Irreplaceable?

If I'm a pricked you're a sappy homo.

A basketball player hurt his ACL. How awful. How will the NBA survive?

Just because I don't care to be depressed over the next teams plight doesn't make me less of a b ball fan or a prick.

I admit it. I'm a sappy homo of creative, entertaining, team basketball, something Rubio brings to the league. Meanwhile, you're a fan of your team first and foremost. Nothing wrong with it, but don't say someone like Rubio can be easily replaced by any run of the mill basketball player, because he can't.

swi7ch
03-10-2012, 11:47 AM
would have won co-roy :(

Shepseskaf
03-10-2012, 12:06 PM
would have won co-roy :(
Umm... no. Irving has had it on lock-down for a while now.

CelticBaller
03-10-2012, 12:31 PM
damn :cry:

DaHeezy
03-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Let's hope Rubio doesn't get Livingston'd

rotgo
03-10-2012, 02:15 PM
any news?

This is bad...
:mad:

Haymaker
03-10-2012, 02:19 PM
At least the Wolves got some backup PG's, Barea is injured though.

InspiredLebowski
03-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Just me or does it seem like ACL tears, just in sports in general, are happening A LOT more often the last few years?

AznTacoLover
03-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Wow.. damn that sucks. :(

Teanett
03-10-2012, 02:58 PM
get well, ricky!

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 03:04 PM
I admit it. I'm a sappy homo of creative, entertaining, team basketball, something Rubio brings to the league. Meanwhile, you're a fan of your team first and foremost. Nothing wrong with it, but don't say someone like Rubio can be easily replaced by any run of the mill basketball player, because he can't.
He can be. Ball is bigger than Rubio. Which is why you confuse me when you say I'm a team or player only fan. Just because I don't care to exalt every new kid on the block doesn't mean I only watch ball for the Bulls.

FireMcFailPlease
03-10-2012, 03:13 PM
its official. acl tear.

so. cursed.

ChrisKreager
03-10-2012, 03:14 PM
I hope you're proud of yourself, Kobe.

IGOTGAME
03-10-2012, 03:15 PM
He can be. Ball is bigger than Rubio. Which is why you confuse me when you say I'm a team or player only fan. Just because I don't care to exalt every new kid on the block doesn't mean I only watch ball for the Bulls.

Players with Rubio's court vision and court sense don't come along every day.

Sad to hear. NBA is gonna miss out on some good ball. Hope he has a good recovery and regains most of his quickness back.

The Ownage
03-10-2012, 03:15 PM

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Players with Rubio's court vision and court sense don't come along every day.

Sad to hear. NBA is gonna miss out on some good ball. Hope he recovers.
NBA is also gonna miss out on some putrid shooting and shaky defense. Sucks the kid got hurt but it happens all the time. The NBA will survive without Rubio.

FireMcFailPlease
03-10-2012, 03:18 PM
NBA is also gonna miss out on some putrid shooting and shaky defense. Sucks the kid got hurt but it happens all the time. The NBA will survive without Rubio.
shaky defense? oh my god you are a dumbass.

ricky knew what players were goin to do with the ball before that player knew what to do.

IGOTGAME
03-10-2012, 03:20 PM

Of course it will. It would survive without Derrick Rose as well.

But, your comment on Rubio's defense is ignorant.

DuMa
03-10-2012, 03:20 PM
not a fan of rubio but i hate seeing knee injuries for anyone in basketball or in sports in general. its a sad thing to suddenly stop playing because of one little ligament

All Net
03-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Confirmed by ESPN:(

statman32
03-10-2012, 03:22 PM
This is depressing. I have him in 3/4 of my fantasy leagues but that doesn't even matter. He was a blast to watch and now we have to wait to watch him again until next season. That means no playoff run AND no Summer Olympics. Ugh. Sick to my stomach.

talkingconch
03-10-2012, 03:29 PM
wow thats terrible, when he fell and had to be carried out i thought it looked bad

The Ownage
03-10-2012, 03:29 PM
I feel bad for Minnesota. They're a great team to root for considering their past.

Balla_Status
03-10-2012, 03:32 PM

Go Getter hating on another white euro player? Not surprising.

talkingconch
03-10-2012, 03:32 PM
I hope you're proud of yourself, Kobe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG0Lv5vbeR0&feature=related
:confusedshrug:

not like he did it on purpose, they're good friends anyway

FlawlessVictory
03-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Sickening stuff on the face of it, but it's worse if you look at the bigger picture...

The Hornets own their first round pick for this year... So they will not benefit in any way by dropping down the rankings...

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Sickening stuff on the face of it, but it's worse if you look at the bigger picture...

The Hornets own their first round pick for this year... So they will not benefit in any way by dropping down the rankings...
NOW THAT SUCKS. But who knows. With Kevin Love and Co. They could do alright in the wake of this.

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Go Getter hating on another white euro player? Not surprising.
Hating? Go back and check the facts. I've been saying Rubio has game way before he made it over. I just don't pretend to care about shit that doesn't really matter to me.

With that said does Rubio not shoot a putrid percentage? How is it hating to point out the fact that the Wolves will benefit from better shooting at the PG spot when Rubio is hurt?

The Big Skinny
03-10-2012, 03:40 PM
JJ Barea/Luke Ridenour are willing and able. Sucks but at least he will hopefully be back by training camp next season.

statman32
03-10-2012, 03:41 PM
With that said does Rubio not shoot a putrid percentage? How is it hating to point out the fact that the Wolves will benefit from better shooting at the PG spot when Rubio is hurt?
Sure they will benefit from better shooting at the PG spot, but they will also suffer from the lack of playmaking, and superior defense. Not to mention Ridnour moving to the PG spot means potentially more minutes for Wes Johnson so you suffer there.

Minnesota can survive and make the playoffs only if they continue to feed the bigs.

dbugz
03-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Damn that sucks :facepalm

AMISTILLILL
03-10-2012, 03:43 PM
JJ Barea/Luke Ridenour are willing and able. Sucks but at least he will hopefully be back by training camp next season.

This. Some elites would kill to have that PG rotation right now.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-10-2012, 03:43 PM

good friends?

alenleomessi
03-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Not only that Kobe doesnt pass the ball to Gasol, now he even starts to injure his spanish teammates. Gasol is gone.

And yeah Wolves wont do shit without Rubio, probably get back in the lottery

FireMcFailPlease
03-10-2012, 03:44 PM
jj barea effing sucks, and is injured right now. again.

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Sure they will benefit from better shooting at the PG spot, but they will also suffer from the lack of playmaking, and superior defense. Not to mention Ridnour moving to the PG spot means potentially more minutes for Wes Johnson so you suffer there.

Minnesota can survive and make the playoffs only if they continue to feed the bigs.
I agree with you. I was just pointing out the other side of the coin. Of course the Wolves will miss Rubio....I hope I didn't portray the notion that they will not.

Rose
03-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Saddening. Considering his game isn't solely or predominantly based on athleticism he shouldn't suffer too much career wise from a torn acl.

JohnnyWall
03-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Hopefully he's out for a few seasons. :applause:

stephanieg
And yeah Wolves wont do shit without Rubio, probably get back in the lottery

Barely cracked .500 with him, not very far to fall. So much for their mythical loaded roster.

RoseCity07
So how long until someone starts calling him a bust. That seems to be ISH standard procedure when a rookie gets injured.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-10-2012, 03:48 PM
I agree with you. I was just pointing out the other side of the coin. Of course the Wolves will miss Rubio....I hope I didn't portray the notion that they will not.
way to back track dude. close this thread and forget about it's existence cause you just sound stupid now.

AMISTILLILL
03-10-2012, 03:48 PM
So how long until someone starts calling him a bust. That seems to be ISH standard procedure when a rookie gets injured.

Oden is an anomaly, even by typical bust standards.

Punpun
03-10-2012, 03:50 PM
**** now people will use this as an excuse as why he won't get the RotY. Sad day.

Go Getter
03-10-2012, 03:52 PM
way to back track dude. close this thread and forget about it's existence cause you just sound stupid now.
Obviously reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits.

I said the NBA would not miss Rubio "big picture wise.". It's obvious the Wolves will miss their budding rook, however, they could still have a relatively good season with their current roster.

InspiredLebowski
03-10-2012, 03:55 PM
**** now people will use this as an excuse as why he won't get the RotY. Sad day.Not an excuse, a reason. You miss almost 40% of the season you shouldn't be in the running for season long awards.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Obviously reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits.

I said the NBA would not miss Rubio "big picture wise.". It's obvious the Wolves will miss their budding rook, however, they could still have a relatively good season with their current roster.
whatever man, do what you gotta do to get your post count up :cheers:

Punpun
03-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Not an excuse, a reason. You miss almost 40% of the season you shouldn't be in the running for season long awards.

SEE. What did I say. Rubio would have had NO chance at all to win the RotY. Yet now some people will believe he would have won it if he didn't get injured.

Sad day. :cry:

RoseCity07
03-10-2012, 04:01 PM
This does really suck. That being said, if Love keeps up his play when he returns and leads this team to a top 4 playoff seed he is without a doubt the MVP.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-10-2012, 04:02 PM

a sprain? did you even read the updated op? :facepalm

i kid, i kid

strifed169
03-10-2012, 04:03 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxjuw4l7kd1qej55t.gif

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-10-2012, 04:04 PM
This does really suck. That being said, if Love keeps up his play when he returns and leads this team to a top 4 playoff seed he is without a doubt the MVP.
without a doubt, eh?

Meticode
This sucks. Just when Minnesota was getting competitive they lose one of their biggest reasons for their success. Great, now we get to look forward to Luke f*cking Ridnour. :facepalm

bagelred
He tore his Anterior Cruciate Lin-gament.

FireDavidKahn
03-10-2012, 04:08 PM
My life is over.

**** this.

:facepalm

TeamLAC
Is Ridnour not capable?

Ridnour is capable of playing PG.
Ridnour is NOT capable of replacing RR.

That really blows... TWolves heading for the playoffs and now rubio goes down.

FireDavidKahn
without a doubt, eh?
Yes. Lebron is playing better but Love will have been the most valuable to his team if he brings them to a top 4 seed. That wont happen but whatever

Extempo
03-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Damn that sucks! The Wolves are the only team aside from the Lakers that I liked watching...they have a really nice group of players, esp Rubio. It didn't even look that serious...but injuries are a part of the game.

FireDavidKahn
03-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Everyone pray for Ricky

https://p.twimg.com/Anpr8PHCIAA_338.jpg

el_locoteee
03-10-2012, 04:38 PM

Emo prospect in here

linZoMourning
03-10-2012, 04:39 PM
who makes playoffs then?

alenleomessi
03-10-2012, 04:43 PM
who makes playoffs then?
they wouldnt have made the playoffs anyway

i think the blazers will get their shit together

OmniStrife
03-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Bring him to Phoenix, we'll grow him a new and better ACL.

305Baller
03-10-2012, 04:49 PM
dang that sucks. freak injury. combination of pressure from pushing off the court and kobe bumping legs with him.

I is sad.

:cry:

Eric Cartman
03-10-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm surprised the injury happening more with guys knees bumping into each other. Very sad.

Flagrant 2
03-10-2012, 05:04 PM
My fantasy team :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

lbj23clutch
03-10-2012, 05:09 PM
**** now people will use this as an excuse as why he won't get the RotY. Sad day.
He wasn't gunna win it anyway.

This guy is head and shoulders above all rookies right now and is the obvious choice right now.
http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2012/01/04/00/03/eKjaE.Em.138.jpg

lbj23clutch
03-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Yes. Lebron is playing better but Love will have been the most valuable to his team if he brings them to a top 4 seed. That wont happen but whatever
They haven't even claimed the 8th seed yet... :rolleyes:

All Net
03-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Rubio news a big deal to Hornets as well. New Orleans owns Minn unprotected pick. Playoff-hopeful TWolves may have just clinched lottery.

Alamo
03-10-2012, 05:17 PM

Youtube comment:

Kobe texting Kyrie Irving after the game: "You're Welcome"

FireDavidKahn
03-10-2012, 05:21 PM
He wasn't gunna win it anyway.

This guy is head and shoulders above all rookies right now and is the obvious choice right now.
http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2012/01/04/00/03/eKjaE.Em.138.jpg
"head and shoulders above all rookies right now"

LOL:lol

FireDavidKahn
03-10-2012, 05:22 PM
They haven't even claimed the 8th seed yet... :rolleyes:
We did before last night. :rolleyes:

04mzwach
03-10-2012, 05:29 PM
We need a PG now obviously...and fast.

lbj23clutch
03-10-2012, 05:30 PM

Name a rookie better then Irving right now. Since you a Wolves fan, you probably think Rubio is better, correct?

FireDavidKahn
03-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Name a rookie better then Irving right now. Since you a Wolves fan, you probably think Rubio is better, correct?
Irving and Rubio are very similar right now. Neither one is "head and shoulders" above the rest.

Celtic_Pride
03-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Really feeling sad. What an exciting player Rubio is. Hopefully he comes back next year fit and ready

Euroleague
03-10-2012, 05:39 PM
If he misses the Olympics, Spain's chances to win the gold medal just greatly INCREASED.

04mzwach
03-10-2012, 05:41 PM
If he misses the Olympics, Spain's chances to win the gold medal just greatly INCREASED.
stupid idiot...

LBJMVP
03-10-2012, 05:42 PM

i think kyrie is noticeably better.

Euroleague
03-10-2012, 05:46 PM
stupid idiot...

Victor Sada will get his minutes and is MUCH better than Rubio is. Anyone disagreeing is a stupid idiot.

04mzwach
03-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Victor Sada will get his minutes and is MUCH better than Rubio is. Anyone disagreeing is a stupid idiot.
I disagree, you're still a stupid idiot.

Euroleague
03-10-2012, 05:53 PM
I disagree, you're still a stupid idiot.

You are a moron. This is the best news for Spanish national team. They have been noticeably worse ever since Rubio was on the team.

They will now be an even tougher challenge for Team USA.

Legends66NBA7
03-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Just me or does it seem like ACL tears, just in sports in general, are happening A LOT more often the last few years?

No it's not just you... I've noticed that a lot as well.

It's not just collisions with other players, but also the sneakers these guys are wearing, specifically for big men. I think they get a lot of knee/ankle injuries because of them.

FireMcFailPlease
03-10-2012, 06:10 PM
is victor as good as the rest of the euroturds youve hyped over the months?

millwad
03-10-2012, 06:11 PM
You are a moron. This is the best news for Spanish national team. They have been noticeably worse ever since Rubio was on the team.

They will now be an even tougher challenge for Team USA.

How is life in Arkansas?

Smoke117
03-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Go Getter, you're a **** sucker. /thread

Euroleague
03-10-2012, 06:22 PM
is victor as good as the rest of the euroturds youve hyped over the months?

He is better than Rubio. And pretty much everyone in Spain thinks so.

FireMcFailPlease
03-10-2012, 06:24 PM
He is better than Rubio. And pretty much everyone in Spain thinks so.
pretty much everyone and spain, and 1 guy in arkansas, are idiots.

Euroleague
03-10-2012, 06:30 PM
pretty much everyone in Spain are idiots.

I told you Rubio could not shoot and was always getting injured. You called me a liar and a troll.

Well, looks like you are proven to be the dumb ass.

Trolls like you got what you deserved for all your insane Rubio hype.

Wolves fans are the most annoying fan base ever. You deserve this and more for all your BS trash talk.

AirTupac
03-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I told you Rubio could not shoot and was always getting injured. You called me a liar and a troll.

Wolves fans are the most annoying fan base ever. You deserve this and more for all your BS trash talk.

3x MVP
5 time Champ
Turned pro at 14
Top 50 GOAT by age 18

boozehound
03-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Sucks for Rubio. At least the injury won't take away from his passing skills. He should come back better than ever and maybe he can work on his shot while he is immobilized.
I was actually thinking something similar. In the long run, it probably helps them improve their roster down the stretch.

FireMcFailPlease
03-10-2012, 08:16 PM

you never said anything about the injury part, so way to cupcake that.

RICKY CANT SHOOT!? OMG!! ITS NOT LIKE HE CAN'T GET BETTER AT THAT YOU KNOW???!

what about the other things ricky does good? it's funny you never mention that. dribbling. vision. passing. defense. rebounding. steals. wolves have plenty of people who can score. don't need to rely on rubio to score 15+ a game.

dumb ass

stallionaire
03-10-2012, 08:26 PM
3x MVP
5 time Champ
Turned pro at 14
Top 50 GOAT by age 18
This. Ricky is best euro player in recent years.

Myth
03-10-2012, 08:27 PM
I feel for you T-Wolf fans. As a Blazer fan I know that is sucks having a lot of optimism for your club and then having to stay patient through injuries.

stallionaire
03-10-2012, 08:28 PM

It's ****ed up you get satisfaction out of a young player being injured in a freak play. Burn in Hell you f.aggot European wannabe

stallionaire
03-10-2012, 08:29 PM
I feel for you T-Wolf fans. As a Blazer fan I know that is sucks having a lot of optimism for your club and then having to stay patient through injuries.
Appreciate it bro. Blazers fans are the best imo.

Teanett
03-10-2012, 09:10 PM
ricky...:cry:

StateOfMind12
03-10-2012, 09:14 PM
This just means that USA will steamroll to the Gold Medal. Spain was their only challenge but since Rubio is going to miss the Olympics, Spain pretty much has no shot.

Teanett
03-10-2012, 09:16 PM
This just means that USA will steamroll to the Gold Medal. Spain was their only challenge but since Rubio is going to miss the Olympics, Spain pretty much has no shot.
spain still has a chance:
http://s5.as.com/recorte/20080123dasdasbal_8/C280/Ies/20080123dasdasbal_8.jpg

Eric Cartman
03-10-2012, 09:17 PM
spain still has a chance:
http://s5.as.com/recorte/20080123dasdasbal_8/C280/Ies/20080123dasdasbal_8.jpg

It's the Gasol brothers.

Teanett
03-10-2012, 09:19 PM
It's the Gasol brothers.

and navarro.

you fukkin stupid imbecile ferret brain ass smellin fukkface mongoloid small dikked kunt.

and ibaka.

Mr. Incredible
03-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Feel terrible for Ricky. I wish him a speedy recovery. He is awesome to watch.

When I was watching the game, I thought it was only a sprain or something not that serious.

yanix
03-10-2012, 09:51 PM
i don't want him to be the next T-Mac

FireDavidKahn
03-10-2012, 10:04 PM
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/strahe79/avatars/Rubinator.gif

RRR3
03-10-2012, 10:43 PM
i don't want him to be the next T-Mac
Da **** is this shit? T-Mac was arguably the best player in the NBA at one point in his career, don't you dare compare the likes of Rubio to him ever again! :no:

And I ahv enothing against Rubio. Wish him a speedy recovery

SpecialQue
03-10-2012, 10:44 PM
It's ****ed up you get satisfaction out of a young player being injured in a freak play. Burn in Hell you f.aggot European wannabe

Dude's a fvcking retard.

Euroleague
03-11-2012, 05:08 AM

Spain got way worse ever since they added Rubio. This is the best thing that could happen to them. You fools are something else.

USA just got a lot harder opponent in Spain after this injury.

GreenChampion
03-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Spain got way worse ever since they added Rubio. This is the best thing that could happen to them. You fools are something else.

Who cares?

The guy just did his ACL and will be out for the season and all you can talk about is how good it is for the Spanish national team?

bdreason
03-11-2012, 05:22 AM
Total buzz kill. Rubio and the Wolves were a great story so far.

Chances they make the playoffs without Rubio?

bdreason
03-11-2012, 05:27 AM
And I think Rubio will bounce back. He's young, and doesn't play above the rim. His defense could take a hit, but there are plenty of pg's who can't play D in this league (it's almost impossible with the rules).

madmax17
03-11-2012, 05:30 AM
Disaster! :( Loved watching Minn with Love, Pekovic, Rubio, it won't be the same now, might as well watch the Clipps from now on.

Eric Cartman
03-11-2012, 05:33 AM
and navarro.

you fukkin stupid imbecile ferret brain ass smellin fukkface mongoloid small dikked kunt.

and ibaka.

Well that was uncalled for ...

tomtucker
03-11-2012, 05:40 AM
remember this ? !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Th4UJiUbQ

:eek: :eek:

Ricky Tells Kobe : Team USA will win silver in London!

All Net
03-11-2012, 06:28 AM
Who cares?

The guy just did his ACL and will be out for the season and all you can talk about is how good it is for the Spanish national team?

Ignore the troll.

La Frescobaldi
03-11-2012, 08:02 AM

I get the hardness. You consider an injury solely as it applies to your team's chances. I get it.

If you want to be hard-hearted about it, that's fine... From that standpoint, you should still recognize that an injury like this is bad for business - not just for the T Wolves, or the NBA. Rubio is a huge marketing factor for basketball world-wide. Given his enormous popularity, charisma, & appeal, one could even suggest that if he comes through on the promise, he could become as huge as Beckham. But the chances of athletes fully recovering from ACL tears are slender. I think of Dr. J, but more recently Grant Hill is only one of hundreds who were never the same after a knee injury.

What you're completely missing on this thread is the emotion of it, the curiously hyper-developed trait of Americans ~ sympathy for a fallen foe.

"Don't kick a man when he's down" is a powerful idea. It could be easy to get the impression that you're kicking Rubio, particularly after your well-known negative comments about him since he came to the NBA.

03-11-2012, 10:03 AM
That's terrible news for all.

A torn ACL is never fun. But look at Blake Griffin...he tore his MCL (and ACL too?) and look at him....

The good news is that...his game isn't based on playing above the rim...

but anywho...

Hope he heals and comes back better than ever.

leopoldstotch
03-11-2012, 10:04 AM
remember this ? !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Th4UJiUbQ

:eek: :eek:

Ricky Tells Kobe : Team USA will win silver in London!

Kobe doing a good Clay Davis impression there. :lol

handbanana
03-11-2012, 10:23 AM
But look at Blake Griffin...he tore his MCL (and ACL too?) and look at him....

no, blake had a fractured kneecap. his ligaments were fine. imo, this injury is much worse. when you break a bone it can heal to 100%, teared ligaments are never going to be the same.

Dictator
03-11-2012, 11:52 AM

:oldlol:

vegasbigshots
03-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Bad news... I like the kids.

GOBB
03-11-2012, 11:57 AM
no, blake had a fractured kneecap. his ligaments were fine. imo, this injury is much worse. when you break a bone it can heal to 100%, teared ligaments are never going to be the same.

Considering he never relied on his athletic ability? He'll be fine. ACL injuries arent what they used to be.

jbryan1984
03-11-2012, 02:28 PM
That sucks Wolves fan, sorry to hear that. Maybe you guys will slip and get another great pick in this years draft and come back stronger than ever next year. Just trying to stay positive.

Faptastrophe
03-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Damn, he STILL seems happy to be there. Rubio's youthful exuberance will be missed this season,
and probably even more in London for the Olympics. Here's to him coming back fully healthy.
http://i.imgur.com/1OJJi.jpg

SpecialQue
03-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Damn, he STILL seems happy to be there. Rubio's youthful exuberance will be missed this season,
and probably even more in London for the Olympics. Here's to him coming back fully healthy.
http://i.imgur.com/1OJJi.jpg

Rubio ALL the time = :D

Me watching the T-Wolves without Rubio = :cry:

reppy
03-11-2012, 07:53 PM
This is rough. As a Blazers fan, I feel your pain.

I wonder if the condensed season had anything to do with it. :(

statman32
03-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Blake had microfracture surgery. Much worse and something they suspect he will need again down the road.

TaLvsCuaL
10-04-2012, 02:34 PM
He is running again!!!

http://i46.tinypic.com/2r3h5hg.png

I love this kid.

SpecialQue
10-04-2012, 02:42 PM
He is running again!!!

I love this kid.

Rubio = the Happiest Player in the NBA.

Sorry, Yi.

FireDavidKahn
10-04-2012, 02:47 PM
He is running again!!!

I love this kid.
https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBhMaHR0cDovL2Rpc3RpbGxlcnlpbWFnZT YuaW5zdGFncmFtLmNvbS9lZDNkYmZjMjBkYzUxMWUyODRhOTEy MzEzODIwNDBlNF83LmpwZxQCFgASAA&s=swqgyB3GOu7YpxhDu9DDFVtnsn_3FNmLG4XCRQDj7ko