PDA

View Full Version : Rumor According to Lazenby Tweet: Gasol to be traded to Rockets for Lowry/Scola

G-Funk
03-10-2012, 02:01 AM
The rumors are swirling that Pau Gasol has been traded by the Los Angeles Lakers to the Houston Rockets.

The Lakers will reportedly be acquiring Kyle Lowry and Luis Scola from the Houston Rockets.

The trade has been held up due to a Lowry being hospitalized due to abdominal pain and a high fever.

Reports continue that Gasol could even play for the Lakers tonight and then officially be traded after the game.

Lowry in a New York hospital, underwent an abdominal diagnostic laparoscopic which was negative.

RedBlackAttack
03-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Please post a link to a reliable website.

G-Funk
If true Lakers need to jump on a deal for Beasley ASAP!

Lowry
Kobe
Beasley
Scola
Bynum

bballbball
Lowry will fit in great, dude is legit. Well rounded, bulldog on D, hustles.

RedBlackAttack
03-10-2012, 02:04 AM

Lowry
Kobe
Beasley
Scola
Bynum
I like that lineup, but there is no making up for what Gasol brings to the table. His offensive skillset and length has made the Lakers an incredibly difficult team to match-up with for years. I think if a trade is done, people will quickly realize his true value to a team, which isn't always visible in the boxscore.

The question is, will the upgrades to the PG and SF spots make up for that difference-maker.

O_City_Thunder
03-10-2012, 02:04 AM

Lowry
Kobe
Beasley
Scola
Bynum
Not bad.....not bad at all!

chazzy
03-10-2012, 02:05 AM
The only report of "Gasol being gone" is that Lazenby tweet.

RazorBaLade
03-10-2012, 02:07 AM
I dunno man. Lowry and Scola?

Shit. Thats not bad but I am gonna miss pau.

Don't go.

Just sign beasley and sessions. Ride these bros out. Sign lamar again next year

RedBlackAttack
03-10-2012, 02:09 AM
I'm changing the thread title if you don't mind, G-Funk. Not trying to step on toes, but I also don't want false alerts to mislead anyone.

Nick Young
03-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Lowry-Scola-Bynum-DA GAWD
new dynasty
2 new rings for da true king:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Then super cool beas for 6th man

DYNASTY

G-Funk
03-10-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm changing the thread title if you don't mind, G-Funk. Not trying to step on toes, but I also don't want false alerts to mislead anyone.
n/p

G-Funk
03-10-2012, 02:12 AM
Take it for what its worth...But now being report with ESPN.

Tony Kornheiser"Sources close to Marc Stein and ESPN reports that the Los Angeles Lakers have sent Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace--the former Ron Artest, and draft picks to the Golden State Warriors in a 2 way deal that will send Stephen Curry, Davis Lee, Dorell Wright and Andrei Biedrins to the Lakers."...more

RazorBaLade
03-10-2012, 02:13 AM

Tony Kornheiser"Sources close to Marc Stein and ESPN reports that the Los Angeles Lakers have sent Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace--the former Ron Artest, and draft picks to the Golden State Warriors in a 2 way deal that will send Stephen Curry, Davis Lee, Dorell Wright and Andrei Biedrins to the Lakers."...more

man wtf

WTF

I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE

G-Funk
03-10-2012, 02:14 AM
man wtf

WTF

I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE

Curry
Kobe
Wright
Lee
Bynum

RazorBaLade
03-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Curry
Kobe
Wright
Lee
Bynum

proof... PROOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Nick Young
03-10-2012, 02:16 AM
Curry
Kobe
Wright
Lee
Bynum
DAMN

It don't matter if Gasoft gets shipped to Houston or Golden State-EITHER WAY IS A NEW DYNASTY FOR THE LAKESHOW

2 Rings for Da Gawd, surpass Mike:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

StateOfMind12
03-10-2012, 02:17 AM

This is clearly fake....and the bold is proof.

G-Funk
03-10-2012, 02:19 AM
This is clearly fake....and the bold is proof.

typo :confusedshrug:

NBA2k-Monster23

Is this real... Don't see anything about it on twitter.

bluechox2
is gasol really that valuable?16ppg, past 30 pf with 2 rings? for a up and comming pg lowry droping 15 a game atm and scola who duplicated what gasol already does?

teams bending far and wide to get but****ed by the lakers

G-Funk
03-10-2012, 02:21 AM
Is this real... Don't see anything about it on twitter.

copy and paste 1st sentence...im sure u will get something

RazorBaLade
03-10-2012, 02:26 AM
is gasol really that valuable?16ppg, past 30 pf with 2 rings? for a up and comming pg lowry droping 15 a game atm and scola who duplicated what gasol already does?

teams bending far and wide to get but****ed by the lakers

It is ridiculous to think that Scola duplicates what Pau brings to the floor.

wang4three
03-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Hard to believe that the Rockets would give up both Scola and Lowry. Why not Scola and Dragic instead?

chazzy
03-10-2012, 02:29 AM
That Kornheiser thing is fake. From the comments sections of an article

RedBlackAttack
03-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Beyond ridiculous... Insane.

Gasol has become very underrated in the last year or so. When he is on his game, he is the most skilled frontcourt player in the league and he brings the kind of length at the 4 that really alters shots and opportunities when the game slows down (ie playoffs).

Gasol is still a very valuable player. Moreso than a lot of people are giving him credit for.

longtime lurker
03-10-2012, 02:37 AM

Agree Scola is a poor man's Gasol without the defensive presence. Just imagine if Bynum goes down again. LOL Kobe will chuck like he's never chucked before

PHaYze
03-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Makes sense.

Pau will be huge for Houston, the large Mexican fan base will eat him up.

Kurosawa0
03-10-2012, 02:42 AM
Honestly, you'd have to fear the Lakers less if this trade happened. I'd almost feel like it would make San Antonio, Dallas and Memphis more likely to beat them in a series.

RedBlackAttack
03-10-2012, 02:46 AM
Honestly, you'd have to fear the Lakers less if this trade happened. I'd almost feel like it would make San Antonio, Dallas and Memphis more likely to beat them in a series.
Agreed. Gasol makes them a unique challenge, regardless of their current woes. When the game slows down in the playoffs, Gasol's length at the 4 is beyond valuable.

Doranku
03-10-2012, 02:50 AM
If we flipped Gasol for Lowry and Scola, then picked up Beasley, I think we'd be a better team.

I don't want to see Gasol go, though. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nick Young
03-10-2012, 02:53 AM
If we flipped Gasol for Lowry and Scola, then picked up Beasley, I think we'd be a better team.

I don't want to see Gasol go, though. :cry: :cry: :cry:
ship gasofts ass out, Kobe has carried him to more rings than he deserves

Alamo
03-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Lowry and Scola for Gasol? Lakers get away with robbery once again :facepalm

TMT
03-10-2012, 02:55 AM
I think the Gasol-Bynum duo is the only thing that's going to get the Lakers close to another ring this year. Trading Gasol who is a proven playoff performer for guys like Lowry and Scola does confuse me. This trade really throws away their main strengths in order to balance out the team, really throwing all their trust in Kyle Lowry's performance. Scola could put up numbers in LA, but would he be the the difference maker they need in the playoffs? And while Metta is aging he's still one of their better perimeter defenders. Take it for what it's worth.

If the GS-LA rumors are true, a Kobe & Curry backcourt looks amazing on paper. The Lakers also get enough big men to make up defensively for losing Pau. Not to mention Dorrell Wright is way better than his Heat days and he could do big things in LA. I like this trade. Don't know why Golden State does it though. I guess they like a Pau Gasol - Monta Ellis duo?

longtime lurker
03-10-2012, 03:02 AM
I think the Gasol-Bynum duo is the only thing that's going to get the Lakers close to another ring this year. Trading Gasol who is a proven playoff performer for guys like Lowry and Scola does confuse me. This trade really throws away their main strengths in order to balance out the team, really throwing all their trust in Kyle Lowry's performance. Scola could put up numbers in LA, but would he be the the difference maker they need in the playoffs? And while Metta is aging he's still one of their better perimeter defenders. Take it for what it's worth.

If the GS-LA rumors are true, a Kobe & Curry backcourt looks amazing on paper. The Lakers also get enough big men to make up defensively for losing Pau. Not to mention Dorrell Wright is way better than his Heat days and he could do big things in LA. I like this trade. Don't know why Golden State does it though. I guess they like a Pau Gasol - Monta Ellis duo?

You make a lot of good points. Lakers management is working ass backwards. Personally I wouldn't trade Gasol and make a move for Beasley/Sessions.

ProfessorMurder
03-10-2012, 03:07 AM
Lowry and Scola for Gasol? Lakers get away with robbery once again :facepalm

Seriously...

LakersFan626
03-10-2012, 03:10 AM
You make a lot of good points. Lakers management is working ass backwards. Personally I wouldn't trade Gasol and make a move for Beasley/Sessions.

Curry and Lowry > Sessions... Curry's a better shooter and Lowry's a better defender. Fisher's lacking in those areas.

Both trades look good.

Meticode
03-10-2012, 03:20 AM
If this is true the Lakers at least on paper look good still. Lowry will help fill that weak point guard position, and Scola is a nice fit for replacing Gasol. He's no Gasol, but he's a great replacement with Bynum finally coming into his own.

longtime lurker
03-10-2012, 03:23 AM
Curry and Lowry > Sessions... Curry's a better shooter and Lowry's a better defender. Fisher's lacking in those areas.

Both trades look good.

The question seems to be is Lowry+Scola > than Gasol+Sessions? Or Curry+David Lee better than Gasol+Sessions? I'd lean more to the Curry/David Lee side but make no mistake if the Lakers trade Gasol they might as well trade Kobe because they're officially in the rebuilding stage.

Celtic_Pride
03-10-2012, 03:24 AM
Excellent one for the Lakers. They badly need a PG who can penetrate and who can defend CP3 or Westbrook, Lowry is the answer.

But I doubt Rockets would do this. Even with Gasol, they cannot do any damage in the playoffs so why not build around the ever improving Lowry? :confusedshrug:

bmulls
03-10-2012, 03:43 AM
Who is Lazenby? :confusedshrug:

Nick Young
03-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Excellent one for the Lakers. They badly need a PG who can penetrate and who can defend CP3 or Westbrook, Lowry is the answer.

But I doubt Rockets would do this. Even with Gasol, they cannot do any damage in the playoffs so why not build around the ever improving Lowry? :confusedshrug:
You can't build around a PG fool, no team ever wins building around a PG. Gasol-Kmart-Dragic-Dalembert-Budinger, pretty talented team.

maybeshewill13
03-10-2012, 03:49 AM
You can't build around a PG fool, no team ever wins building around a PG. Gasol-Kmart-Dragic-Dalembert-Budinger, pretty talented team.
Chicago says hi

RedBlackAttack
03-10-2012, 03:57 AM
The question seems to be is Lowry+Scola > than Gasol+Sessions? Or Curry+David Lee better than Gasol+Sessions? I'd lean more to the Curry/David Lee side but make no mistake if the Lakers trade Gasol they might as well trade Kobe because they're officially in the rebuilding stage.
I think that is sort of the point. I'm not saying that bringing in a solid point like Lowry and a nice complimentary piece like Scola isn't a good thing, but doing so while losing Gasol basically kills any chance they may have at a run this year.

You are not beating the likes of OKC, SA, LAC or Memphis with a core of Kobe, Lowry and Bynum. Sure, it is a more balanced lineup, but the thing that has separated the Lakers from the league, even during their struggles, is their length with Gasol at the 4. It totally changes the dynamic when the game slows down in the postseason and is something unique that opponents have to contend with.

They become a much more conventional roster with Lowry/Scola that is nice, but not outstanding in any one area.

I may be alone in this, but I still think they could make a run similar to the one the Celtics made in 2010 when everyone thought they were done and that the Cavs were going to sweep them in the 2nd Round. They benefited from low expectations and fed off of the idea that everyone -- including their opponents -- thought their time had passed.

In reality, they sort of coasted through the regular season and saved themselves for the playoffs... And, when the going got tough, they still had the same old advantages that had gotten them a championship a couple of years prior. Why? The game slowed down and, in five-on-five situations, they had some major advantages over every team they played.

The Lakers are in a similar spot this year. Everyone thinks they are done. Management seems ready to blow it up.

When the playoffs arrive, for the first time in the Kobe-Gasol era, they will be underdogs basically from the first round onward... Not something that I would take lightly if I were a high seed out West.

So, the question becomes do they upgrade their current roster significantly without giving up anything by acquiring a player like Ramon Sessions for a draft pick or do you destroy the thing that separates you from the rest of the league and basically kill any chance of a 2010 Cs style run?

Speaking as a fan who has never experienced any of my hometown professional sports teams winning a championship, I take my chances with Sessions and the game slowing down in the playoffs for that length up-front. This team could still have another deep run in them.

Nick Young
03-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Chicago says hi
Where's Chicago's title with Rose, sport?:confusedshrug:

Rooster
03-10-2012, 04:09 AM

Y'all Musta Forgot, Lakers were winning with Magic .

chazzy
03-10-2012, 04:11 AM
There's no need to overreact to the ups and downs of a compressed regular season. Every team has had games where they've looked awful, and I think this roster and play style is built for the playoffs. Grind it out half court team, good interior length and players who can create for themselves. They have a good run in them without trading away Gasol for pieces that make them a more balanced team. Bynum is getting better and better as the season goes on and it's pretty awesome to watch. Kobe, despite his frequent awful road games this season, has generally looked a lot more mobile out there. There isn't a clear cut 2nd best WC team right now.

I would much rather have them try to fill in a couple gaps here and there, maybe use the picks to acquire a scorer off the bench or go for Sessions. The only problem is that a Sessions or Beasley trade would most likely end up being a rental.

All Net
03-10-2012, 04:15 AM
Still find it hard to see this going down

Think it would help Bynum though. Scola would be a better fit..

B4llin
03-10-2012, 04:18 AM

The only thing people dont want to believe they would trade curry away, he is GONNA be a HUGE star, how could they trade him, but they arent winning.

That makes a great point. Maybe they want to try out triangle offence. They think Monta is HUGELY talented, which he is, and would benefit from the triangle offence the way Kobe did, i mean they they trade away a great PG, the triangle offence doesnt rely on it, and Monta averaged 8 APG nearly when curry was out.

tomtucker
03-10-2012, 04:34 AM
One smelly nasty looking white guy for another, no thank you

brantonli
03-10-2012, 04:38 AM
I want to throw up on this deal. Seriously? Lowry has one of the BEST contract-to-value in the league, and Morey wants to give him up for a guy with $34 million remaining? :confusedshrug: I hope it's not true...

chazzy
03-10-2012, 04:41 AM
Yeah Lowry is one of their building blocks; they want to get pieces to play alongside him. Would've been cool if the initial trade didn't get vetoed and they were able to sign Nene.

Also, people need to stop acting like there isn't a clear gap between Gasol and Scola.

longtime lurker
03-10-2012, 04:43 AM
I think that is sort of the point. I'm not saying that bringing in a solid point like Lowry and a nice complimentary piece like Scola isn't a good thing, but doing so while losing Gasol basically kills any chance they may have at a run this year.

You are not beating the likes of OKC, SA, LAC or Memphis with a core of Kobe, Lowry and Bynum. Sure, it is a more balanced lineup, but the thing that has separated the Lakers from the league, even during their struggles, is their length with Gasol at the 4. It totally changes the dynamic when the game slows down in the postseason and is something unique that opponents have to contend with.

They become a much more conventional roster with Lowry/Scola that is nice, but not outstanding in any one area.

I may be alone in this, but I still think they could make a run similar to the one the Celtics made in 2010 when everyone thought they were done and that the Cavs were going to sweep them in the 2nd Round. They benefited from low expectations and fed off of the idea that everyone -- including their opponents -- thought their time had passed.

In reality, they sort of coasted through the regular season and saved themselves for the playoffs... And, when the going got tough, they still had the same old advantages that had gotten them a championship a couple of years prior. Why? The game slowed down and, in five-on-five situations, they had some major advantages over every team they played.

The Lakers are in a similar spot this year. Everyone thinks they are done. Management seems ready to blow it up.

When the playoffs arrive, for the first time in the Kobe-Gasol era, they will be underdogs basically from the first round onward... Not something that I would take lightly if I were a high seed out West.

So, the question becomes do they upgrade their current roster significantly without giving up anything by acquiring a player like Ramon Sessions for a draft pick or do you destroy the thing that separates you from the rest of the league and basically kill any chance of a 2010 Cs style run?

Speaking as a fan who has never experienced any of my hometown professional sports teams winning a championship, I take my chances with Sessions and the game slowing down in the playoffs for that length up-front. This team could still have another deep run in them.

Great post and I agree with everything you said. Lakers currently aren't that far off from championship contender. I'd rather roll the dice with Sessions/Beasley+whatever combo than trade Gasol. Chemistry is important, we all saw what happened to the Celtics last year when they traded Perkins. Obviously Lakers management is hellbent on trading Gasol for some unknown reason.

LABean
03-10-2012, 04:44 AM
Lakers should save him for the Deron trade. :rant

I D-will miss Pau. :(

Swaggin916
03-10-2012, 04:59 AM
Great post and I agree with everything you said. Lakers currently aren't that far off from championship contender. I'd rather roll the dice with Sessions/Beasley+whatever combo than trade Gasol. Chemistry is important, we all saw what happened to the Celtics last year when they traded Perkins. Obviously Lakers management is hellbent on trading Gasol for some unknown reason.

perkins a bum him being traded made virtually no differenece they werent beating the heat no matter what.

this trade if it goes through is good for the lakers. lowry gives them penetration and scola gives them a consistent mid range which pau already had and an overall ability to score. defensively it would be more of a struggle on the block with only bynum but lowry is very good defender esoecially if he doesnt have to carry the load as much like he wont with the lakers. i dont really know why houston would do this trade to be honest. lowry is just too good a piece to let go imo scola is replacable tho

blablabla
03-10-2012, 05:00 AM
I like the GS Trade better for the Lakers
David Lee is a better defender and rebounder than Scola, he doesn't have his offensive skillset but Lee can score he is always good for 20/10, i also think he would be a better fit with Bynum.
Curry who may not be the defender Lowry is, but a much better shooter and they could play a lot like the Magic with Lee,Bynum and Kobe beasting inside and then just kick it out to an open man.
Also if they really get Dorell Wright in the trade they solved all of their problems with just one trade, Wright is athlethic young a good defender can hit the 3 and Biedrins also improves their bench.

And I asked myself why would Golden State do such a trade, but if you look at the salary cap, they would be able to sign Dwight and i think for him a core of Him, gasol and ellis looks better than a core of him curry and ellis and i think that is what is happening if the trade really goes down GS meets all of Dwights expections It's sunny it's a nice place good teammates and he can be the man.

Nick Young
03-10-2012, 05:02 AM
Lee plays worse defense than Amare, would rather have scola, dude has the sweetest 18 footer in the league, unlike Gasol who hesitates alot or is streaky with his midrange, Scola would have no problem at all catching and swishing all those wideopen midrange shots Kobe would get him

Swaggin916
03-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Lee plays worse defense than Amare, would rather have scola, dude has the sweetest 18 footer in the league, unlike Gasol who hesitates alot or is streaky with his midrange, Scola would have no problem at all catching and swishing all those wideopen midrange shots Kobe would get him

david lee has a good set shot too... lets not confusebjumpers with set shots here. they are both useless defensiveky but lee is a better rebounder. getting wright is wat makes this trade the real solid for the lakers gut hot biedrins contract unless it is or close to expiring.

kenny817
03-10-2012, 05:32 AM
Lee plays worse defense than Amare, would rather have scola, dude has the sweetest 18 footer in the league

Dirk says hi

SAKOTXA
03-10-2012, 06:04 AM
As sweet as Lowry sounds right about now...since he'll be our best point guard since Van Exel, but i love Pau. :cry:

As much as i call him a ***** when i'm watching the game with my friends, as much as i think he's soft. I ****ing love the guy and everything he did for our franchise. It'll be a sad day for me, if he left.

All Net
03-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Isn't it right that Lowry is out for a while ?

iamgine
03-10-2012, 07:23 AM

Wait a minute now. I've always thought Scola is a damn good player. Borderline star. Not just some complementary piece.

poido123
03-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Isn't it right that Lowry is out for a while ?

He's currently ill(stomach virus) and nursing a hamstring injury. Said he will miss a couple of games, nothing major.

All Net
03-10-2012, 07:52 AM
He's currently ill(stomach virus) and nursing a hamstring injury. Said he will miss a couple of games, nothing major.

I see

I would actually like this deal but will be surprised if it happens.

comerb
03-10-2012, 08:57 AM

That would be a dumb ****ing trade for Golden State.

spiegel
03-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Well i've heard nothing out of houston radios about an impending deal. Disscussion were held but the Rockets are not offering Lowry and nor should they.

Nick Young
03-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Wait a minute now. I've always thought Scola is a damn good player. Borderline star. Not just some complementary piece.
Red Black Attack is a clown, Bynum-Scola is one of the best front courts in the league.

Story Up
03-10-2012, 09:59 AM
I like that lineup, but there is no making up for what Gasol brings to the table. His offensive skillset and length has made the Lakers an incredibly difficult team to match-up with for years. I think if a trade is done, people will quickly realize his true value to a team, which isn't always visible in the boxscore.

The question is, will the upgrades to the PG and SF spots make up for that difference-maker.
Bynum is ready to step up now, if we can get Beastly we're legit contenders. One of the most rounded starting fives in the league.

Scola can average 14/8 for us and Lowry 12 PPG, 4 RPG and 7-8 APG.
Gasol's presence will be missed but the trade is fair, makes is better, IMO.

Nick Young
03-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Bynum is ready to step up now, if we can get Beastly we're legit contenders. One of the most rounded starting fives in the league.

Lowry's defense is the best part, he's the only guy I can think of in the league who Ds up well vs Westbrook and Rose, and vs other PGs he's lockdown.

Beasley OMFG PLS MAKE IT HAPPEN MITCH

NBA2k-Monster23
03-10-2012, 10:13 AM
I think the GSW deal makes us way better as a overall team. I like the Houston also but I can't see them giving up Lowry. If they don't give up Lowry then I don't want the Houston deal truth be told. I feel if the Lakers are going to try to trade Pau they should go ahead with the GSW deal.

NBA2k-Monster23
03-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Beasley is not that good of a player. He is decent but not that good. He is very inconsistent. Don't let that Clippers game fool you.

BlackVVaves
03-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Red Black Attack is a clown, Bynum-Scola is one of the best front courts in the league.

He's a clown just because he doesn't agree with you? RBA has a point. Last time I checked, Scola has been a complementary player the last few years on the Rockets, while Pau has been an All Star.

Pau is a better defender, passer, scorer, and rebounder. Scola is a better.......?

Lakers front office is dimwitted beyond repair. Use the TPE and picks to pick up Beasley and Sessions. If that fails this season, you trade Pau in the off-season and get back under the luxury tax.

At least see where:

Bynum
Gasol
Beasley
Kobe
Sessions

gets you before you decide to trade away someone who helped bring Kobe two more rings.

If you ARE going to trade away Gasol, then either get an All Star back or enough pieces that can fill out your roster. Yes, Gasol is THAT good. Once again, you people forget that the simple addition of this ONE player turned a .500 into a champion caliber team for THREE years.

You people are such prisoners of the moment and media that its sickening.

sbw19
03-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Part ways with Odom. Then part ways with Gasol. Your two most skilled bigs. Nope, sorry. Don't like it if I want to win titles, unless I'm thinking long term. Or I'm getting equal value at the 4.

swi7ch
03-10-2012, 10:43 AM
This will not happen because Lakers management is the dumbest in sports at the moment.

roffie
03-10-2012, 11:04 AM
the trade will go through today. yep. i said it. BOOK IT!

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-10-2012, 11:06 AM
actually RBA is one of the few posters on here worth reading.
Bynum and Scola would be good, as long as they are both healthy. Scola is now 31 years old...and he is an old 31. He is nowhere near Gasols level.

spiegel
03-10-2012, 11:07 AM
If godforbid this goes through and we lose Lowry then i can see gasol averaging 22 points a game because the rockets will run their entier offense through him. Inside/Outse offense.This will give the shooters like Budinger, Parson and Martin some clean looks because Gasol can draw a ton of double teams and make the kickout passes.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-10-2012, 11:09 AM
He's a clown just because he doesn't agree with you? RBA has a point. Last time I checked, Scola has been a complementary player the last few years on the Rockets, while Pau has been an All Star.

Pau is a better defender, passer, scorer, and rebounder. Scola is a better.......?

Lakers front office is dimwitted beyond repair. Use the TPE and picks to pick up Beasley and Sessions. If that fails this season, you trade Pau in the off-season and get back under the luxury tax.

At least see where:

Bynum
Gasol
Beasley
Kobe
Sessions

gets you before you decide to trade away someone who helped bring Kobe two more rings.

If you ARE going to trade away Gasol, then either get an All Star back or enough pieces that can fill out your roster. Yes, Gasol is THAT good. Once again, you people forget that the simple addition of this ONE player turned a .500 into a champion caliber team for THREE years.

This is a quality post. Thank you.
I would be curious to see what the Lakers could do with that lineup.
It would also mean a better, deeper bench, depending on the assets they send back in return.

spiegel
03-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Scola is a very good post scorer. What he does well is he positions himself well to get alot of good open looks. He is a very smart player who can get to the line at will. His defense is downrigh horrid, but offensively he is a very effecient crafty customer. Throw in a top 5 or at worst 8 PG this season like Lowry and the Lakers get the better end of this deal. The Rockets must be getting somethingelse like a 1st rounder or a young player in return.

Kblaze8855
03-10-2012, 11:35 AM
The only think keeping a lot of people from seeing Scola as a borderline star is not being on tv enough. Scola isnt abig enough downgrade from Gasol to not get Lowry to replace Fisher. Aside from the games he somehow only takes 5 shots Laker fans will love him. And its not like Gasol isnt known to go quiet for stretches...

BlackVVaves
03-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Scola is a very good post scorer. What he does well is he positions himself well to get alot of good open looks. He is a very smart player who can get to the line at will. His defense is downrigh horrid, but offensively he is a very effecient crafty customer. Throw in a top 5 or at worst 8 PG this season like Lowry and the Lakers get the better end of this deal. The Rockets must be getting somethingelse like a 1st rounder or a young player in return.

What are you people smoking around here?

Is Lowry better than

CP3
Rose
Deron Williams
Rondo
Westbrook
Tony Parker
Kyrie Irving
John Wall

?

Seriously??

BlackVVaves
03-10-2012, 11:50 AM
This is a quality post. Thank you.
I would be curious to see what the Lakers could do with that lineup.
It would also mean a better, deeper bench, depending on the assets they send back in return.

Thanks :cheers: Good to know there are still a handful of intelligent posters around here. This place seems like a breeding place for ignorance more and more everyday :facepalm

What happened to reasoning? Instead we have to tolerate jackasses like Nick Young, who is probably a 35 year old just pretending to post like a dumass high schooler in order to fulfill some psychological defiency he experiences in the real world. The worst part is he "represents" such a royal franchise, giving the classy fans like yourself a bad name with every post. It's ****ing ridiculous.

BlackVVaves
03-10-2012, 11:52 AM
The only think keeping a lot of people from seeing Scola as a borderline star is not being on tv enough. Scola isnt abig enough downgrade from Gasol to not get Lowry to replace Fisher. Aside from the games he somehow only takes 5 shots Laker fans will love him. And its not like Gasol isnt known to go quiet for stretches...

Kblaze, I'm inclined to agree with you, but why not wait until the offseason to make this trade, and explore all other options first and foremost? If the Magic can hold on to Dwight and risk losing him for nothing, certainly the Lakers can hold on to Gasol for a few more months, no?

rhythmic
03-10-2012, 11:53 AM
What are you people smoking around here?

Is Lowry better than

CP3
Rose
Deron Williams
Rondo
Westbrook
Tony Parker
Kyrie Irving
John Wall

?

Seriously??

John Wall? :oldlol:

Kyle Lowry is at worst a top 15 PG in this league; a huge upgrade over Fisher. Scola isn't even that much of a downgrade from Gasol; he plays in Houston. Put him on a large market team and he gets much more recognition. He really does everything Gasol does minus block shots, rebound and defend as well (mostly due to having a height disadvantage).

Scola is a 16/8 PF in this league; can post up well and shoot the mid-range jumper, Very similar to Pau Gasol's offensive arsenal minus magnificent passing skills.

Gasol for Lowry & Gasol is a trade I'd jump on if I were the Lakers; it simply helps us in area we desperately need, improves our depth slightly and the downgrade at PF isn't all that significant, IMO.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks :cheers: Good to know there are still a handful of intelligent posters around here. This place seems like a breeding place for ignorance more and more everyday :facepalm

What happened to reasoning? Instead we have to tolerate jackasses like Nick Young, who is probably a 35 year old just pretending to post like a dumass high schooler in order to fulfill some psychological defiency he experiences in the real world. The worst part is he "represents" such a royal franchise, giving the classy fans like yourself a bad name with every post. It's ****ing ridiculous.
we don't claim Nick Young as one of our own...nor that other kid (name escapes me) who just talks about Kobe

Noof
03-10-2012, 11:59 AM
I don't want to see Pau go, I love the guy.
Plus IMO Gasol/Sessions>Scola/Lowry. I rather just trade a pick and the TPE for Sessions.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-10-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't want to see Pau go, I love the guy.
Plus IMO Gasol/Sessions>Scola/Lowry. I rather just trade a pick and the TPE for Sessions.

can't use the exception on Sessions because he does not make enuf money.
the trade would have to be Steve Blake, or combo of other players, and maybe a pick.

Need to send something back to Minny, plus a pick, to get Beasley.

03-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Kblaze, I'm inclined to agree with you, but why not wait until the offseason to make this trade, and explore all other options first and foremost? If the Magic can hold on to Dwight and risk losing him for nothing, certainly the Lakers can hold on to Gasol for a few more months, no?

Because they want to win the championship this year, and the team has been floundering. They need to make a move, big or small. I myself would prefer they got Beasley + Sessions or whatever, but you guys act as though Kubchak can just do whatever he wants. If trading Gasol for Scola/Lowry is what is available I would say do it, while Scola may not be Gasol in terms of production he can come relatively close and with Kobe/Bynum being the 1a/1b that production PLUS a good PG is much more valuable than just Gasol. The idea behind trading Gasol is to increase the production on the floor, it's very much a numbers trade. They have most of the bases covered for intangibles, length, etc. Gasol isn't irreplaceable like he was when he was more of the 1b than Bynum, and was our main threat down low.

BlackVVaves
03-10-2012, 12:06 PM
John Wall? :oldlol:

Kyle Lowry is at worst a top 15 PG in this league; a huge upgrade over Fisher. Scola isn't even that much of a downgrade from Gasol; he plays in Houston. Put him on a large market team and he gets much more recognition. He really does everything Gasol does minus block shots, rebound and defend as well (mostly due to having a height disadvantage).

Scola is a 16/8 PF in this league; can post up well and shoot the mid-range jumper, Very similar to Pau Gasol's offensive arsenal minus magnificent passing skills.

Gasol for Lowry & Gasol is a trade I'd jump on if I were the Lakers; it simply helps us in area we desperately need, improves our depth slightly and the downgrade at PF isn't all that significant, IMO.

Yes, John Wall. Knucklehead as he may be, people tend to forget what the guy is doing in his only second year in the league. Don't believe me? Check the stats. What kind of numbers was Lowry putting up his sophomore year? (serious question)

Again, I think it's a GOOD trade, but a transaction that can and should wait. And Scola is not, I repeat, NOT as good of a player than Pau. Putting a player in a bigger market doesn't improve their skill set. Pau passes, defends, shoots, and rebounds better than Scola. The guy is a two time champion and a proven winner. A multiple time All Star. One time regarded as the best 4 man in the league. Scola owns none of the above, not even close. He's a GOOD player. Pau, despite his sub par season, is a SUPERB player. And a clearly underappreciated
one.

millwad
03-10-2012, 12:16 PM
This will never be accepted by Houston, they will not send away their future (Lowry) for the oldie Gasol..

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-10-2012, 12:22 PM
HOUSTON FANS:
Is Dalembert giving you anything this year? or is he a waste of $7m per year?
i.e. would Houston love to dump his contract?
Also, same question about Hasheem Thabeet.

Grinder
03-10-2012, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Pharcyde
03-10-2012, 12:23 PM
This will never be accepted by Houston, they will not send away their future (Lowry) for the oldie Gasol..

That's what I figured. I thought they had changed their stance about trading Lowry? And I still do not get why the Warriors would want to give up Steph Curry.
Are these trades being leaked on purpose in hopes for another team to make the trigger on trading for Pau?

Noof
03-10-2012, 12:27 PM
can't use the exception on Sessions because he does not make enuf money.
the trade would have to be Steve Blake, or combo of other players, and maybe a pick.

Need to send something back to Minny, plus a pick, to get Beasley.
Pretty sure that a salary just has to fit within a TPE to work, I don't think it's subject to the 150% rules that you have to take into account with a normal trade.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Pretty sure that a salary just has to fit within a TPE to work, I don't think it's subject to the 150% rules that you have to take into account with a normal trade.
interesting. I thought it had to fit the same as all trades... 125% rule.

nba_55
03-10-2012, 12:29 PM
That's what I figured. I thought they had changed their stance about trading Lowry? And I still do not get why the Warriors would want to give up Steph Curry.
Are these trades being leaked on purpose in hopes for another team to make the trigger on trading for Pau?
I dont think that the GSW trade is true. I mean even a 5 years old kid would call that trade dumb. Steph is a future all-star. He is only 24. He is your future. WHy would you trade him for a declining Gasol? You are not going to win any championship anytime soon. Plus, they are giving up a 18 , 9 guy in David Lee. WTF? :lol :lol :lol THat cant be true. :lol

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-10-2012, 12:31 PM
I dont think that the GSW trade is true. I mean even a 5 years old kid would call that trade dumb. Steph is a future all-star. He is only 24. He is your future. WHy would you trade him for a declining Gasol? You are not going to win any championship anytime soon. Plus, they are giving up a 18 , 9 guy in David Lee. WTF? :lol :lol :lol THat cant be true. :lol
I heard that GSW came to the conclusion that Ellis is the better player and is still only 26. Steph cannot stay on the court.
As for Lee, he is great unless he is playing against a true PF (with height). Much like Boozer.

Noof
03-10-2012, 12:32 PM
interesting. I thought it had to fit the same as all trades... 125% rule.
Yeah 125, my bad.

Jimmy2k8
Pau Gasol shrugs off trade rumor (http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20120310,0,4571505.story)

According to this link, Pau Gasol thinks if he were to be traded, he would have received a phone call from a "significant person" and he didn't get that. Thoughts?

longtime lurker
Yes, John Wall. Knucklehead as he may be, people tend to forget what the guy is doing in his only second year in the league. Don't believe me? Check the stats. What kind of numbers was Lowry putting up his sophomore year? (serious question)

Again, I think it's a GOOD trade, but a transaction that can and should wait. And Scola is not, I repeat, NOT as good of a player than Pau. Putting a player in a bigger market doesn't improve their skill set. Pau passes, defends, shoots, and rebounds better than Scola. The guy is a two time champion and a proven winner. A multiple time All Star. One time regarded as the best 4 man in the league. Scola owns none of the above, not even close. He's a GOOD player. Pau, despite his sub par season, is a SUPERB player. And a clearly underappreciated
one.

You've been dropping some truth in this thread. First Lamar, then Gasol the Lakers raising the white flag.

millwad
03-10-2012, 12:35 PM

I don't understand why we get trolled with all these Scola+Lowry for Gasol trade nonsense. The Rockets were interested in the beginning of the season because they were out after Nene too. And Lowry was never included in that trade to start with, Martin was and everyone knows that the Rockets value Lowry higher...

And yeah, the GSW trade is even more one-sided, must be a made up story like this one.

CelticBaller
03-10-2012, 12:35 PM
so are the rokets really expecting flynn to step up? lol trading lowry...

nba_55
03-10-2012, 12:37 PM
I heard that GSW came to the conclusion that Ellis is the better player and is still only 26. Steph cannot stay on the court.
As for Lee, he is great unless he is playing against a true PF (with height). Much like Boozer.

And why would they trade Curry and Lee for a declining Gasol? We all know that they wont win the championship with Monta and Gasol.
On top of that, dont you think that they can get better offers for Curry and Lee?

millwad
03-10-2012, 12:39 PM
so are the rokets really expecting flynn to step up? lol trading lowry...

They are not going to trade Lowry, there is no way that they will..
Flynn never gets any PT and when he finally get some time on the court he stinks...

Pharcyde
03-10-2012, 12:39 PM

Ehhh I doubt that. They were almost publicly wanting to get rid of Monta and Steph is on a rookie contract. Can't stay on the court? He's missed some games this season but that's it really...

AlphaWolf24
03-10-2012, 12:41 PM
INB4 the Laker Haters start to claim Lowry is the 2nd best PG in the NBA and Scola is a top 3 Big man...

AlphaWolf24
03-10-2012, 12:44 PM

one.

until he plays with Kobe.....

Kobe will make him a great player....

millwad
03-10-2012, 12:45 PM
INB4 the Laker Haters start to claim Lowry is the 2nd best PG in the NBA and Scola is a top 3 Big man...
No one claims that but a non-prime Gasol is just not worth it, the difference between Scola and Gasol is way smaller than a player of Lowry's caliber.

AlphaWolf24
03-10-2012, 12:49 PM
No one claims that but a non-prime Gasol is just not worth it, the difference between Scola and Gasol is way smaller than a player of Lowry's caliber.

so Laker Hater opinion is Gasol went from - "OMG Kobe has the best /skilled/smartest BBALL IQ Big Man in the league" to....."Meh Gasol is outta prime not even worth role players" ....in 1 friggin year????:roll:

GTFO

CelticBaller
03-10-2012, 12:50 PM
lowry is not the 2nd best Pg in the league, but he is a top 10 and scola is top 5 PF. If they rockets really do trade them both for Gasoft then shame on the rockets :no:

AlphaWolf24
03-10-2012, 12:51 PM
lowry is not the 2nd best Pg in the league, but he is a top 10 and scola is top 5 PF. If they rockets really do trade them both for Gasoft then shame on the rockets :no:

:facepalm

BlackVVaves
03-10-2012, 12:55 PM

:oldlol:

NO.

millwad
03-10-2012, 12:58 PM
so Laker Hater opinion is Gasol went from - "OMG Kobe has the best /skilled/smartest BBALL IQ Big Man in the league" to....."Meh Gasol is outta prime not even worth role players" ....in 1 friggin year????:roll:

GTFO

Wow, what a retard...
Gasol is soon to be 32 years old and he's no longer what he used to be. The Rockets won't get better at all with this trade, it will only leave them a huge gap after Lowry which Dragic and Flynn won't be able to fill and Gasol will not lead the Rockets anywhere.

Not even worth discussing to start with because this trade will never go through.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-10-2012, 01:07 PM
And why would they trade Curry and Lee for a declining Gasol? We all know that they wont win the championship with Monta and Gasol.
On top of that, dont you think that they can get better offers for Curry and Lee?
Lee has a fat $12m contract for many more years. And he aint some young pup at 28 years old.
Having said that, if I was GSW, I would push for Bynum....which they probably did and Lakers said no way.

blablabla
03-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Lee has a fat $12m contract for many more years. And he aint some young pup at 28 years old.
Having said that, if I was GSW, I would push for Bynum....which they probably did and Lakers said no way.
what if they want dwight

I<3NBA
03-10-2012, 01:10 PM
wow. Rockets really want to be ass-raped hard. first the CP3 deal. then now this. who's the Rocket's GM? must be a mole acting for the Lakers.

blablabla
03-10-2012, 01:11 PM
wow. Rockets really want to be ass-raped hard. first the CP3 deal. then now this. who's the Rocket's GM? must be a mole acting for the Lakers.
morey

SourGrapes
03-10-2012, 01:12 PM

daryl morey, very well respected gm around the league

I.R.Beast
03-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Lowry will fit in great, dude is legit. Well rounded, bulldog on D, hustles.

Scola us tough as nails....he can deal with an attitude such as kobe...he will respond with great play....He has a better face-up and off the dribble game than pau does as well.

MJ(Mean John)
03-10-2012, 01:41 PM

Hmm top 5..

Lma
Duncan
Amare
Gasol
Zbo
Blake
Dirk
Bosh
Kg
Josh smith
Al horford

Top 5 PF..... Hmmm

Celtic_Pride
03-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Rockets would have looked good after the CP3 trade IF they got Nene. Lowry is their best player and it won't make any sense to give away their best player just for an upgrade at a position for 2 more years.

Are the Rockets a 2nd round team(they cant beat OKC, Spurs, Mavs, Lakers, Grizzlies, Clippers) without Lowry and with Gasol? No
Are the Rockets a lottery team without Lowry and with Gasol? Hell No

You either try to be a contender or blow it up. So I dont see Rockets doing this

Maybe this is one of the fantasy trades by the Lakers insiders like Rondo and Bass for Gasol!

Celtic_Pride
03-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Hmm top 5..

Lma
Duncan
Amare
Gasol
Zbo
Blake
Dirk
Bosh
Kg
Josh smith
Al horford

Top 5 PF..... Hmmm

This year its

Love
Dirk
Lamarcus
Bosh
Blake
Smith
Duncan
KG
Gasol
Amare

If Zbo continues his last year form, he would be top 5

Scola is top 15 and Gasol at max will be in between 5 to 10. So giving up your best player for a slight upgrade at another position doesn't make sense for the Rockets.

This will be somewhat similar if the Lakers do Bryant and Bynum for Dwight!

Nick Young
03-10-2012, 02:07 PM

STOP REWRITING HISTORY MORON. Lakers were #1 in the west the year that Pau Gasol came. ALSO do not forget the addition by subtraction of losing Kwame Brown:facepalm

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-10-2012, 02:29 PM
This year its

Love
Dirk
Lamarcus
Bosh
Blake
Smith
Duncan
KG
Gasol
Amare

Scola is top 15 and Gasol at max will be in between 5 to 10. So giving up your best player for a slight upgrade at another position doesn't make sense for the Rockets.

lol at the list....washed up ready to retire KG before Gasol? GTFO

Gasol alsot plays with another legit 7'1 Center so its going to take away some of those touches & rebounds....

tell me out of that list...which PF plays with another legit center who can drop 20-25 on any given night?

NOBODY

guy
03-10-2012, 02:29 PM

Lakers should be all over that if they can do that.

Bynum
Lee
Barnes
Kobe
Curry

Bench
Wright
Fisher
Biedrins
Kapono
McRoberts
etc.

Laker fans should have nothing to complain about if they do that. Curry and Lee are borderline/potential all-stars. So you would have up to 4 all-stars, your PG problems addressed, significantly better shooting, a better bench, a backup center, etc. And as great as Gasol is, he clearly is mentally broken.

I also do think it could be beneficial for GS who's been in the dumps for years now it seems. A Gasol/Monta duo could at least be a lower playoff seed.

gyu
03-10-2012, 02:31 PM
WTF Are you serious?! Lakers will be so good with this trade, why do the Rockets want aging Gasol again?

Lowry's my favorite Rocket... :(

fsvr54
03-10-2012, 02:32 PM
This year its

Love
Dirk
Lamarcus
Bosh
Blake
Smith
Duncan
KG
Gasol
Amare

There is no way Blake is better than Josh Smith.

ralph_i_el
03-10-2012, 02:38 PM
just replacing fisher would be huge for the lakerrs.

millwad
03-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Rockets would have looked good after the CP3 trade IF they got Nene. Lowry is their best player and it won't make any sense to give away their best player just for an upgrade at a position for 2 more years.

Are the Rockets a 2nd round team(they cant beat OKC, Spurs, Mavs, Lakers, Grizzlies, Clippers) without Lowry and with Gasol? No
Are the Rockets a lottery team without Lowry and with Gasol? Hell No

You either try to be a contender or blow it up. So I dont see Rockets doing this

Maybe this is one of the fantasy trades by the Lakers insiders like Rondo and Bass for Gasol!

THIS.

I agree with the Nene and Gasol team but people are so stupid, Lowry was never even part of that trade talk, it was Scola and Martin.

This rumour is just a silly one, the Rockets will NEVER give up Lowry in a trade for Gasol, Lowry is soon to be 26 and will hit his prime soon. Gasol is a soon to be 32 year old who already had his best years.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-10-2012, 02:49 PM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:17 am Post subject:
I was happy for the GSW deal but went to check the salaries and see that D Lee is owed 50mil after this year for 4 years...

Player David Lee
2011/12 $11,610,000

2012/13 $12,744,000

2013/14 $13,878,000

2014/15 $15,012,000

2015/16 $15,493,680

Thats a freaking lot of salary to pay for a guy who is NOT an ALL STAR.

As much as i love Curry this contract of D lee is super expensive considering the new CBA.

millwad
03-10-2012, 03:12 PM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:17 am Post subject:
I was happy for the GSW deal but went to check the salaries and see that D Lee is owed 50mil after this year for 4 years...

Player David Lee
2011/12 $11,610,000

2012/13 $12,744,000

2013/14 $13,878,000

2014/15 $15,012,000

2015/16 $15,493,680

Thats a freaking lot of salary to pay for a guy who is NOT an ALL STAR.

As much as i love Curry this contract of D lee is super expensive considering the new CBA.

What about Gasol? He is earning more this year then what David Lee will do even in the last year of his career.

BlackVVaves
03-10-2012, 03:14 PM
STOP REWRITING HISTORY MORON. Lakers were #1 in the west the year that Pau Gasol came. ALSO do not forget the addition by subtraction of losing Kwame Brown:facepalm

You know, I was in the middle of ripping you a new one for the pure amusement of this board, who I am sure is as tired of your empty, profuse existence as I am. But, rather than engage with your bitch ass, I'll just let your amoeba sized brain continue to generate the distorted thoughts that you shamelessly share with the rest of us, such as Gasol did not make the Lakers better, or that they were truly a championship caliber team prior to his arrival in LA.

It's posters like you whom lead the example as to why mentally handicapped people should not be allowed access to a keyboard and PC. Alas, I'll just keep praying that one day brain transfusions will be made possible, and you too will know the joy it is to live with more than a half burnt poptart in your head. Until then, I'll continue to ignore you, and implore the rest of ISH to as well.

Cheers fu_ckboy :cheers:

All Net
03-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Guessing no more developments on this.

talkingconch
03-10-2012, 03:37 PM

what the hell, all over this if this is true

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-10-2012, 03:45 PM
what the hell, all over this if this is true
Somebody made this comment in an espn chat.

talkingconch
03-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Pau Gasol went through the routine again Friday. He found out while checking his Twitter account that rumors were again flying that he was about to be traded away from the Lakers. Some of the messages from people via Twitter were even “Thank you for your services” and “Good luck,” Gasol said. But because Gasol hadn’t heard a thing from any legitimate source, he put it aside. He didn’t hear from his agent or anyone with the Lakers — “which is a good sign,” I guess,” Gasol said. Orange County Register

lol

Kobr
03-10-2012, 03:51 PM

http://i.imgur.com/bjJfR.jpg

Whoah10115
03-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Gasol is just outside top 10 in this league so the Kobe fans can hush it. He's worth a lot.

But if I'm Houston there's no way I'm giving up Kyle Lowry. Trading him and Scola do need for them in the longterm. Team clearly has no ambition, as they're set up to make the best run at Dwight Howard and I don't think they're doing it quietly. They seem stupido.

Add that Lowry somehow makes $9 a year for the next 3 years.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Gasol is just outside top 10 in this league so the Kobe fans can hush it. He's worth a lot.

But if I'm Houston there's no way I'm giving up Kyle Lowry. Trading him and Scola do need for them in the longterm. Team clearly has no ambition, as they're set up to make the best run at Dwight Howard and I don't think they're doing it quietly. They seem stupido.

Add that Lowry somehow makes $9 a year for the next 3 years.
Scola is 31. an old 31. There is nothing long term about Scola.

Punpun
03-10-2012, 04:14 PM
lol

Dat false hope mode haha. :oldlol:

BallsOut
03-10-2012, 05:08 PM

Good post. I agree. Gasol/Kobe duel made 3 of the last 4 finals. It's not like Gasol has fallen off at all. His jumper is $ this season and he's still getting double digit boards. The proposed trade will save the Lakers some money shedding Pau's large contract, but they have to remember they'll get Scola back for 4 years at 8 mill a season. I'd prefer them keep Gasol and trade that 1st rounder + Morris/Kapono for Sessions. To me Lowry isn't THAT much better than Sessions.

Then try and deal the remaining 1st round pick + McRoberts for Beasley or Mayo..

LA_Showtime
03-10-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm not a fan of this trade. I'd rather go after a legitimate point guard and/or a guy like Beasley. That still wouldn't make us the favorites but it would give us a shot, albeit a small one.

ImmortalNemesis
03-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Didn't read thread. But how did this thread get over 100 replies?

Gasol for Scola and Lowry? :oldlol: Who's stupid enough to make that trade? Seriously. Delusional fans I swear.

Nets fan 93
03-10-2012, 06:42 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

bleedinpurpleTwo

Gasol for Scola and Lowry? :oldlol: Who's stupid enough to make that trade? Seriously. Delusional fans I swear.

tell that to Houston.
Is that any worse than: Gasol for Scola, Martin and Dragic

millwad

Haha, THIS.

And like this wouldn't be enough, check the thread "bleedinpurpleTwo" just started where he asks Rockets for Lowry, Martin and Scola for Gasol, Barnes, Richardson and a pick.. HAHA..:facepalm

millwad
03-10-2012, 06:46 PM
tell that to Houston.

Sure as hell it is, first of all, the Rockets wanted to play big with Nene and Gasol. Now they didn't get Nene so that idea is washed up and I doubt the Rockets would do that trade today.

Now idiots are asking for Lowry and Scola for Gasol, and the Rockets value Lowry higher then Scola due his age and because of his cheap contract. Only an idiot would think that the Rockets would give away him in a trade like this..

chazzy
03-10-2012, 06:47 PM
The only thing we know is that Houston was willing to part with Scola/Martin to get Pau and THEN sign Nene with capspace. The media is assuming the Lakers are interested in the Rockets' pieces.. which is dumb because they wouldn't trade Pau for anything less than some type of Lowry/Scola deal. And Houston obviously wouldn't do that. Basically I'm not expecting any Pau trade to go down.

B4llin
03-10-2012, 06:49 PM
I dont understand why the rockets or GS would offer that much for Gasol when Josh Smith is on the trading block?
why not just offer that to ATL for him?

ImmortalNemesis
03-10-2012, 07:01 PM
tell that to Houston.

The reason why Houston was willing to trade Scola, Martin, and Dragic for Gasol is because of Nene. Its been said to you before dude. I'm not sure if me repeating it helps but oh well.

@ Millwad

Yeah. Houston trades away their 3 best players (Martin, Scola, and Lowry) for Gasol (who isn't having a great year) and some scrubs. I'm not hating or trying to be an ass. But if you're going to make a trade scenario, come up with better stuff. No one in their right mind would do that trade.

NBA2k-Monster23
03-10-2012, 07:07 PM
I really want that GSW trade to go down.. It's obvious the Lakers have some huge problems. That trade would make us younger athletic and better. It's funny because any team that can run can beat the Lakers. We almost lost to the timeberwolves without K Love in the lineup. That's not a good sign for us at all.

RazorBaLade
03-10-2012, 07:27 PM

the first 5 or 6 pages the thread title was GASOL IS GONE and people thought it was real

the rest has been poop flinging at each other due to what happened in the first pages

Whoah10115
03-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Scola is 31. an old 31. There is nothing long term about Scola.

Lowry is longterm...and he's right now too.

longtime lurker
03-10-2012, 07:57 PM
I really want that GSW trade to go down.. It's obvious the Lakers have some huge problems. That trade would make us younger athletic and better. It's funny because any team that can run can beat the Lakers. We almost lost to the timeberwolves without K Love in the lineup. That's not a good sign for us at all.

Golden State deal makes too much sense for it to happen, but I don't see the Warriors giving up their whole front court just for Gasol. I just don't see the Warriors giving up David Lee too

Kornheiser
03-10-2012, 08:02 PM

http://i.imgur.com/gdPe2.png

poido123
03-10-2012, 08:04 PM
There have been next to no trades at all, what the hell is going on? not even minor deals, one of the quietest trade periods Ive seen in a while.

Surely teams arent still trying to get Howard, he's likely to play out the year with magic.

brantonli
03-10-2012, 08:09 PM
The reason why Houston was willing to trade Scola, Martin, and Dragic for Gasol is because of Nene. Its been said to you before dude. I'm not sure if me repeating it helps but oh well.

@ Millwad

Yeah. Houston trades away their 3 best players (Martin, Scola, and Lowry) for Gasol (who isn't having a great year) and some scrubs. I'm not hating or trying to be an ass. But if you're going to make a trade scenario, come up with better stuff. No one in their right mind would do that trade.

This is what's confusing me. Woj reports that Rockets are still highly interested in Gasol and trying to get him, even without the prospect of getting Nene. If this is true (and I don't know why it is tbh) then Morey is obviously tangling everybody apart from Lowry. Lowry has one of the best non-rookie contracts in the league which probably makes Morey drool every time he thinks about it. But of course, Lakers will never budge without us throwing Lowry in, and Morey (hopefully) is never going to give up Lowry.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-10-2012, 08:13 PM

Then why is it being reported, over and over, that Houston is STILL going after Gasol? That's what matters. So now they might part with Scola and Lowry, according to a source?

millwad
03-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Then why is it being reported, over and over, that Houston is STILL going after Gasol? That's what matters. So now they might part with Scola and Lowry, according to a source?

Don't be stupid, the Rockets like Gasol (both of them) but that source has no credibility what so ever.

Going after Gasol doesn't mean that they will give the whole team away for him, the Lowry, Martin and Scola nonsense you posted about it just laughable, so is Lowry and Scola..

Martin's value ain't as high as Lowry to start with and they sure as hell wouldn't give away Lowry with his great contract just like that. Stop dreaming.

ImmortalNemesis
03-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Don't be stupid, the Rockets like Gasol (both of them) but that source has no credibility what so ever.

Going after Gasol doesn't mean that they will give the whole team away for him, the Lowry, Martin and Scola nonsense you posted about it just laughable, so is Lowry and Scola..

Martin's value ain't as high as Lowry to start with and they sure as hell wouldn't give away Lowry with his great contract just like that. Stop dreaming.

You saved me a post. Well said. Future repped.

NBA2k-Monster23
03-10-2012, 09:06 PM
The problem has to be this, the Rockets don't want to include Lowry in the deal. I believe right now they are shopping around the league to find a PG to deal to the Lakers. Maybe GSW or Boston could be in this mix. Somebody on twitter said the Rockets are willing to part with a Lottery pick. I don't know if they have a lottery pick one or not?

Darius
03-10-2012, 09:44 PM
TBH this looks like a cost saving moving from LAL while keeping them at the same level.

Scola/Lowry have some of the best value contracts in the L...