PDA

View Full Version : Myth: Knicks are losing because of Carmelo

MeLO MvP 15
03-10-2012, 08:48 PM
It's all over this forum. Yes NY is 2-6 since Melo's return... you know four of those loses: Miami, Dallas, Boston and San Antonio (SA was without Tyson). Those are great teams. Yes, Milwaukee and NJ should've been wins... but Deron went crazy in the NJ game and Milwaukee shot the lights out as NY's defense was non-existant (which is what happens when Tyson and Jefferies are out). Let's also not ignore that Linsanity was mainly happening against bad teams (except for wins vs LA/Dallas but then also lost to New Orleans) and Tyson's been either out or playing injured in all of Melo's games back.

I'm sorry but anyone who watches any of the games will clearly see the Knicks aren't losing because of Melo, they just happend to be losing games when he got back because it's the toughest part of the schedule and we're suffering through injuries again. I don't expect a lot of people to be intelligent about this, most will just be like "oh shut up melo homer"

Mr. Jabbar
03-10-2012, 08:49 PM
OP's name: Melo MVP

Human Error
03-10-2012, 08:51 PM
It's all over this forum. Yes NY is 2-6 since Melo's return... you know four of those loses: Miami, Dallas, Boston and San Antonio (SA was without Tyson). Those are great teams. Yes, Milwaukee and NJ should've been wins... but Deron went crazy in the NJ game and Milwaukee shot the lights out as NY's defense was non-existant (which is what happens when Tyson and Jefferies are out). Let's also not ignore that Linsanity was mainly happening against bad teams (except for wins vs LA/Dallas but then also lost to New Orleans) and Tyson's been either out or playing injured in all of Melo's games back.

I'm sorry but anyone who watches any of the games will clearly see the Knicks aren't losing because of Melo, they just happend to be losing games when he got back because it's the toughest part of the schedule and we're suffering through injuries again. I don't expect a lot of people to be intelligent about this, most will just be like "oh shut up melo homer"
It's not myth, stupid. It's a FACT.

Eric Cartman
Melo hasn't been playing well so he is to blame. As well as Lin since he has feel off from what he did with Melo out.

Loneshot
Not Carmelo at all for me. I'd put a large majority on Amare. That dude has been atrocious this season. If I'm a NY GM I shop that dude like their is no tomorrow. They have plenty of offensive, so look to acquire an interior defender. But it is really tough watching him in NY this season; he is awful.

kenny817
03-10-2012, 08:52 PM

LMFAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Dictator
03-10-2012, 08:53 PM

:pimp:

:oldlol:

LABean
03-10-2012, 08:54 PM

:lol :lol

/thread

cteach111
03-10-2012, 08:54 PM
is it Melo? I don't know. D'Antoni has never had the kind of player like Melo in his system.

lilgodfather1
03-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Carmelo is that you?

dbk123
03-10-2012, 08:56 PM

Strong user name t post content ratio

Eric Cartman
It's a good damn shame what has happened this year with Melo. The most dynamic scorer in the league is stuck in a pick n roll backyard system that is run by an undrafted Asian guy. Wish he could play in the triangle. Bring him to L.A. I know we don't run it anymore, but still implement some of it's elements.

ImmortalNemesis

:oldlol: Pretty much. Mods lock this thread.

NumberSix
03-10-2012, 08:58 PM
It's not ALL Melo's fault. I just think it's a backlash because people have been elevating him to elite player status, when he clearly is not.

MeLO MvP 15
So since I'm a known Melo fan that mean's I can't bring light to seriously flawed logic by many posters.... SMFH at you clowns

StateOfMind12
OP is just scared as phuck that he is going to have bandwagon to another team shortly. :oldlol:

:applause: :oldlol:

Dictator
03-10-2012, 09:00 PM

:applause:

Shepseskaf
Melo isn't the only problem, but he is a very big part of it. Watching the offense stagnate while he isos, shoots, and misses makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

He's out of shape, and doesn't seem to understand the concept of 'team', which isn't surprising. He needs to do a whole lot more for the money he's being paid.

Flagrant 2
:oldlol:

Teanett
03-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Melo isn't the only problem, but he is a very big part of it. Watching the offense stagnate while he isos, shoots, and misses makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

He's out of shape, and doesn't seem to understand the concept of 'team', which isn't surprising. He needs to do a whole lot more for the money he's being paid.
:applause:

Hater
03-10-2012, 09:03 PM
In Melo's 8 games back, they've played the

Nets - L
Hawks - W (No Horford/Johnson)
Cavs - W
Celtics - L (was under .500 at the time)
Bucks - L

Not exactly world beaters right there.

And not to mention the fact that, before Melo sat, they were 8-15.

They lost to the almighty Bobcats AT HOME, the Warriors, Raptors, Suns, Bucks at home (1st time), Cavs (1st time).

Those were the kinds of teams they were losing to with Melo.

StateOfMind12
03-10-2012, 09:04 PM
is it Melo? I don't know. D'Antoni has never had the kind of player like Melo in his system.
You're right dude. It's possibly D'Antoni's fault that Melo is shooting like 40% from the field this season and below a TS% below 50%. That is definitely all on D'Antoni. :rolleyes:

I don't even know how or what the excuses for Melo are. His stats are garbage, the Knicks look like garbage when he is on the floor, and the Knicks are now losing now that he has returned.

Melo is a great 1 on 1 basketball player, not a 5 on 5 one.

spiegel
03-10-2012, 09:05 PM
OP is just scared as phuck that he is going to have bandwagon to another team shortly. :oldlol:

:applause: :oldlol:
Rocketsgreatness thats rich coming from you. You've been a rockets, lakers, bulls and now a thunder fan. :roll:

Hater
03-10-2012, 09:07 PM
And during the 8-1 streak, the Knicks played 4 teams with at or around .500 records (Lakers, T-Wolves, Mavs, Jazz). And before "Linsanity" took hold, the Knicks were 1-7 against Western Conference teams getting embarrassed by teams like Phoenix, Houston, Denver, and Golden State.

Hater
03-10-2012, 09:08 PM
So since I'm a known Melo fan that mean's I can't bring light to seriously flawed logic by many posters.... SMFH at you clowns
I can't believe you actually follow one player from team to team.

iDunk
03-10-2012, 09:12 PM
With Chandler against the Spurs and Bucks those games would've been wins IMO.

Knicks are top 5 in teams with most injuries so they've just had bad luck. People do this all the time, judge teams without giving them a chance.

Hater
03-10-2012, 09:14 PM
With Chandler against the Spurs and Bucks those games would've been wins IMO.

Knicks are top 5 in teams with most injuries so they've just had bad luck. People do this all the time, judge teams without giving them a chance.
Didn't you used to be a Nets fan? How do people just change allegiances out of the blue?

swi7ch
03-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Not only are the Knicks 3-7 with Melo but they are averaging 10 fewer points per game as a team with Melo on the floor! :oldlol:

That's two facts right there.

swi7ch
03-10-2012, 09:23 PM

You can't argue with facts.

3-7 with Melo, 8-0 without Melo
95 ppg with Melo, 105 ppg without Melo

Which version of the Knicks do you think is better? The one winning and scoring more points or the one losing and scoring fewer points? And it's not like Melo-less Knicks didn't face tough opponents, either. The beat LAL (ex-champs) and DAL (current champs).

Facts always win.

MeLO MvP 15
03-10-2012, 09:39 PM
You can't argue with facts.

3-7 with Melo, 8-0 without Melo
95 ppg with Melo, 105 ppg without Melo

Which version of the Knicks do you think is better? The one winning and scoring more points or the one losing and scoring fewer points? And it's not like Melo-less Knicks didn't face tough opponents, either. The beat LAL (ex-champs) and DAL (current champs).

Facts always win.
My point is that the #s are skewed because of the different opponents (specifically facing offensively challenged teams in the Linsanity stretch). And NY is not 8-0 without Melo, that's completely made up.

Hater
03-10-2012, 09:42 PM
My point is that the #s are skewed because of the different opponents (specifically facing offensively challenged teams in the Linsanity stretch). And NY is not 8-0 without Melo, that's completely made up.
Yeah, let's penalize the team for beating bad teams but excuse Melo for losing to the Bobcats, Raptors, and Warriors. Great logic.

Shepseskaf
03-10-2012, 09:42 PM
specifically facing offensively challenged teams in the Linsanity stretch.
The Mavs and Lakers are "offensively challenged"?

That's news to me.

MeLO MvP 15
03-10-2012, 09:48 PM
The Mavs and Lakers are "offensively challenged"?

That's news to me.
The Lakers are. "Look at the #s"

nathanjizzle
03-10-2012, 09:49 PM

Lin beat the mavericks without melo. With melo they lost
same with the nets. how much more evi-die do you need

StateOfMind12
03-10-2012, 09:51 PM
They are ranked 14th in offensive efficiency. You call that offensively challenged? :oldlol: I think you're mentally challenged.

Hater
03-10-2012, 09:52 PM
You know the Knicks got blown out by the Lakers the first time around right? They didn't seem to have a problem dropping 99 points on 52.1% shooting then.

MeLO MvP 15
03-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Lin beat the mavericks without melo. With melo they lost
same with the nets. how much more evi-die do you need
Yeah and I'm not gonna discount Lin's win vs the Mavs, it was amazing. But the 2nd time they played Dallas, Tyson was severely injured (his hand/wrist and his hamstring) and on the road. And Lin's win against NJ Melo played in..... and the loss was because Lin got lit up for 38 (and I think we were without Shumpert- our best perimeter defender).

DMV2
03-10-2012, 09:54 PM
7-1 from the Jazz game* to the Mavs without Melo.

*Melo got hurt after 6 minutes against the Jazz.

This post just shows how much better the Knicks are with Lin.

And not to mention the fact that, before Melo sat, they were 8-15.

They lost to the almighty Bobcats AT HOME, the Warriors, Raptors, Suns, Bucks at home (1st time), Cavs (1st time).

Those were the kinds of teams they were losing to with Melo.

Anyway, I think the Knicks defense and Amare's awful interior D is a much bigger concern than Melo. The Knicks are good offensively now with Lin and Davis as PG, they just need to step up on the defensive end more than 8-10 minutes a game.

MeLO MvP 15
03-10-2012, 09:56 PM
They are ranked 14th in offensive efficiency. You call that offensively challenged? :oldlol: I think you're mentally challenged.
The Lakers are tied for 18th in PPG. Dallas is 20th.
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/team-comparison-per-game

Hater
03-10-2012, 09:56 PM
The Lakers are tied for 18th in PPG. Dallas is 20th.
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/team-comparison-per-game
Ever heard of a thing called pace? Are you really this stupid?

MeLO MvP 15
03-10-2012, 09:57 PM
You know the Knicks got blown out by the Lakers the first time around right? They didn't seem to have a problem dropping 99 points on 52.1% shooting then.
I'm pretty sure that was with Douglas/Shumpert/Bibby playing point.

Hater
03-10-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that was with Douglas/Shumpert/Bibby playing point.
So Lin can win without Melo, but Melo can't win without Lin. You're making my point for me. Lin had Bill Walker as his starting SF.

FKAri
03-10-2012, 09:59 PM
OP is right in many ways. Team just looks out of sync, particularly defensively. It's no one guy. They just need time and practice. The Melo hate has gone overboard.

swi7ch
03-10-2012, 10:00 PM
And NY is not 8-0 without Melo, that's completely made up.

You must have missed Linsanity then. :facepalm

Hater
03-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Melo's been the guy he's always been.

'03 - Refuses to go back in the game because teammates were criticizing his shot selection
'04 - Pulled over for marijuana possession
'06 - Suspended 15 games for punching Mardy Collins
'09 - Refused to come out of a game, suspended for one game

And that's just off the top of my head.

PHaYze
03-10-2012, 10:08 PM

'03 - Refuses to go back in the game because teammates were criticizing his shot selection

So...the Knicks are losing because he punched Mardy Collins 6 years ago.

Seems legit.

linZoMourning
03-10-2012, 10:09 PM

Seems legit.

he has a valid point man. when are we gonna start putting melo in the vince/mcgrady category of. had all the skills but could never put it all together mentally. never worked hard enough etc.. hes about to go into that category

Hater
03-10-2012, 10:12 PM

Seems legit.
Right, that's what my post was about. You get an A for effort.

magnax1
03-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Anyone with a clue knows the Knicks haven't won lately because of their schedule. If there is an individual to blame, it's Stoudemire. He's playing like a scrub anymore.

PHaYze
03-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Right, that's what my post was about. You get an A for effort.

What is your point?

linZoMourning
03-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Anyone with a clue knows the Knicks haven't won lately because of their schedule. If there is an individual to blame, it's Stoudemire. He's playing like a scrub anymore.

did anyone think amare was just gonna start playing defense all of a sudden?? same coach same ideals same trashy amare

Hater
03-10-2012, 10:19 PM
What is your point?
Giving a background on the type of person he is? Are you retarded or something? I typed it in plain English.

swi7ch
03-10-2012, 10:22 PM

Where is that Melo gif where he just lays on the floor in the guise of being injured when actually he's just acting like a b*tch because a foul wasn't called?

magnax1
03-10-2012, 10:24 PM
did anyone think amare was just gonna start playing defense all of a sudden?? same coach same ideals same trashy amare
I thought that signing was awful the moment it happened. He never deserved the sort of $ he got, and that contract is going to kill the Knicks in the long run, but even I didn't think he'd decline this quickly.

PHaYze
03-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Giving a background on the type of person he is? Are you retarded or something? I typed it in plain English.

Oh ok.

So, what's your point?

Knicks are losing because Melo is a bad person?

Why the **** do we need a background on the type of person he is?

The fact that you have the nerve to call me retarded is laughable, you throw out a few events in Carmelo Anthony's life and pretend like that gives some insight on who he is as a person? Get off your high horse clown, and learn a thing or two.

Hater
03-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Oh ok.

So, what's your point?

Knicks are losing because Melo is a bad person?

Where did I use that as the reason for why they're losing? Good try though.

Why the **** do we need a background on the type of person he is?

Why do we need a poster named PHaYze?

The fact that you have the nerve to call me retarded is laughable, you throw out a few events in Carmelo Anthony's life and pretend like that gives some insight on who he is as a person? Get off your high horse clown, and learn a thing or two.
RETARDED

What you gonna do about it?

Micku
03-10-2012, 10:34 PM
He is part of the reason.

Melo has been sucking. He still is shooting 40% and he wants to isos. If he isn't efficient with his isos, then he is hurting the team. J.R Smith is also sucking. Amare isn't sucking as much anymore, but he still sucks on defense.

Melo isn't the main reason though. The defense is sucking and they are still trying to figure each other out. They had chances of winning against the Celts, Mavs, and Bucks. They just messed up on a few key plays. They have to be patient. The Knicks have potential. All Melo has to do is play well again and get Tyson back. It's easier said than done.

With that said, Melo and Amare are overpaid. Melo is having his worst season. And if Melo is a superstar, he is on the lowest of tiers of superstars this year.

Hater
03-10-2012, 10:40 PM
http://www.damnomg.com/pics/4/carmelo-anthony-lying-on-the-floor-3299.gif

Only a great defensive player like Melo can prevent his own teammate from making a layup without even standing upright!

sportsfan76
03-10-2012, 10:41 PM
anyone with 20/20 vision would know that the Knicks are 2-6 with Melo because the competiton got stronger when he returned.

Damm, it's not Melo it is the teams they are playing

Hater
03-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Carmelo Anthony: "There's no need to be in the gym three, four, five hours...so we get in 45 minutes to a hour"

http://blogs.wabash.edu/lanelines/files/2011/08/Iverson.jpg
http://youbeenblinded.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/carmelo-anthony-fishing-on-his-honeymoon.jpg

knickballer
03-10-2012, 11:06 PM
I don't think the Knicks even won 1/3 of their games since Melo came over from the trade..

He's a black hole.

IamRAMBO24
03-11-2012, 01:17 AM
True.

He is not a fit for the Knicks. Only highlight whores fail to see this; either he got fat and lazy during the lockout, hurt, or just can't run the offense, the fact still remains: he is losing.

Legit players don't lose. Period. They find a way to win, hence why we refer to them as "greats."

The Knicks are losing because of Melo. *FACT.* Each team plays with a system, the system that Melo plays does not fully utilitize the guys around him, so if his isos can't translate to a win, then he is to blame for the horrible performance.

The Knicks can only win when they play a system that does not involve Melo.

Don't get me wrong, he might be great on some other system, but with a solid team like the Knicks, it should not be wholly dependent on Melo; this is not his team; the guys are too good to be held back by this scrub.

Get rid of him.

LakersReign
03-11-2012, 01:28 AM
And people wanna say Laker fans are supposedly ungrateful. The people who are talking about trading Melo, are the ones who were talking Knicks/Heat rivalry , the minute he was signed by New York. NOW, all of a sudden, simply cuz Lin has a breakout season, it's trade Melo. The Knicks main problem is that they didn't sign quality role players to compliment Amare and Melo, combined with D'antoni's no defense sytem. Yeah ok, trade Melo for a guy who's had one breakout shortened season. What's going to be the excuse when/if Lin doesn't have the same season he did this year?:hammerhead:

Hater
03-11-2012, 01:30 AM
And people wanna say Laker fans are supposedly ungrateful. The people who are talking about trading Melo, are the ones who were talking Knicks/Heat rivalry , the minute he was signed by New York. NOW, all of a sudden, simply cuz Lin has a breakout season, it's trade Melo. The Knicks main problem is that they didn't sign quality role players to compliment Amare and Melo, combined with D'antoni's no defense sytem. Yeah ok, trade Melo for a guy who's had one breakout shortened season. What's going to be the excuse when/if Lin doesn't have the same season he did this year?:hammerhead:
There's a ton of Knick fans that never wanted Melo to begin with. This has nothing to do with Lin. Try again.

LakersReign
03-11-2012, 01:38 AM
There's a ton of Knick fans that never wanted Melo to begin with. This has nothing to do with Lin. Try again.

Yeah...uh huh....right....sure:rolleyes:

So....like I said in my last post, that must be the reason why the "trade Melo" talk ONLY started AFTER Lin started putting up big numbers.....right?!:rolleyes:

Oh, and by the way, repeating me like some pathetic parrot only proves you had no real point here in the first place

Nice try:applause:

Hater
03-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Yeah...uh huh....right....sure:rolleyes:

So....like I said in my last post, that must be the reason why the "trade Melo" talk ONLY started AFTER Lin started putting up big numbers.....right?!:rolleyes:

No, the talks started because the team failed WITH Melo and won without him. Look on the Knick boards. There's a ton of people that didn't want him. They don't have to say to trade him for that to be true. Even on RealGM, there's people that straight stopped being Knick fans when Melo landed in NY. Lots of people were aware of this cancer. Try again, little man.

Hater
03-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Oh, and by the way, repeating me like some pathetic parrot only proves you had no real point here in the first place

You don't even know what you're arguing. How can it be about Lin, when many Knick fans never wanted the Melo trade (from Denver) to go through in the first place. Do you even understand your own posts, little man?

LakersReign
03-11-2012, 01:47 AM
No, the talks started because the team failed WITH Melo and won without him. Look on the Knick boards. There's a ton of people that didn't want him. They don't have to say to trade him for that to be true. Even on RealGM, there's people that straight stopped being Knick fans when Melo landed in NY. Lots of people were aware of this cancer. Try again, little man.

Yeah....uh huh....right....sure.:rolleyes:

That would be the same Knicks fans that were all chanting Knicks/Heat rivalry when the Knicks signed him....right? And like I said before, repeating me like some pathetic parrot only proves, not only do you not believe one word you're posting. But also that you have no real point here.:facepalm

Hater
03-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Yeah....uh huh....right....sure.:rolleyes:

TYhat would be the same Knicks fans that were all chanting Knicks/Heat rivalry when the Knicks signed him....right? And like I said before, repeating me like some pathetic parrot only proves, not only do you not believe one word you're posting. But also that you have no real point here.:facepalm

I'm guessing English isn't your first language.

So, I'm not even gonna continue cause you can't understand a word I'm saying.

http://languageteachers.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/51a2g5ybjxl_ss500_.jpg

LakersReign
03-11-2012, 01:51 AM
And like I said before, repeating me like some pathetic parrot only proves, not only do you not believe one word you're posting. But also that you have no real point here.:facepalm

I REST MY CASE!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Hater
03-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Thanks for YET AGAIN, proving my point:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
I'm not sure you know what a "point" is. Why don't you go to a message board whose language you can understand? English isn't for you.

Thanks for helping me pad my post count.

linZoMourning
03-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Carmelo Anthony: "There's no need to be in the gym three, four, five hours...so we get in 45 minutes to a hour"

http://blogs.wabash.edu/lanelines/files/2011/08/Iverson.jpg
http://youbeenblinded.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/carmelo-anthony-fishing-on-his-honeymoon.jpg

jesus melo looks like hes got a bunch of doodoo junk in that belly

Bigsmoke
03-11-2012, 02:12 AM
keep think that.

Melo is the missing piece for other teams like the Bulls for kicking the Heat's ass thats if Thibs can make his fat ass play defense.

LABean
03-11-2012, 02:39 AM
keep think that.

Melo is the missing piece for other teams like the Bulls for kicking the Heat's ass thats if Thibs can make his fat ass play defense.

lol Not sure if serious. :lol
Melo would break the Bulls. He's that bad. :hammerhead:

ballashotcalla
03-11-2012, 02:57 AM
NY is not trading Melo, Amare, or Lin.

You have to be a stupid GM to not let this season play out.

This team has the pieces. It's evident with the way they play. Even when they are down 17-20 points in the 2nd half, they go on absolutely ridiculous runs to eventually take the lead. They're not getting outplayed all 48 minutes. They just need to find a way to bring it all game.

Blue&Orange
03-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Kobe homers bashing Melo.. right, pretty sure it has nothing to do with people calling Melo the best scorer in the game over Kobe.

buthurted Kobe bitches :lol

D-Wade316
03-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Kobe homers bashing Melo.. right, pretty sure it has nothing to do with people calling Melo the best scorer in the game over Kobe.

buthurted Kobe bitches :lol
It's not just Kobe stans.

Wade, Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Rose, Westbrook, Howard, and probably some others are better scorers than Carmelo this season.

OmniStrife
03-11-2012, 09:04 AM
OP is on marshmello's privates... hard.

D-Wade316
03-11-2012, 09:07 AM
OP is on marshmello's privates... hard.
:lol

Human Error
03-11-2012, 10:28 AM
AFTER THE TRADE: THE KNICKS ARE 26-36 IN GAMES WHERE CARMELO PLAYED.

:bowdown:

D-Wade316
03-11-2012, 10:32 AM
AFTER THE TRADE: THE KNICKS ARE 26-36 IN GAMES WHERE CARMELO PLAYED.

:bowdown:
lol. talk about cancer.

ralph_i_el
03-11-2012, 10:46 AM
He's shooting 40% from the floor and 30% from 3

those aren't even starter numbers. Combine that with his defense and you have a whole lot of suck

iDefend5
03-11-2012, 02:18 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/misc%20bb/grand/52fbyp.gif

TOUCH MY BODY
03-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Melo 4 MVP :banana: