PDA

View Full Version : WHAT GUARDS/FORWARDS are capable of hitting 81 points in HISTORY

TAZORAC
03-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Kobe Bryant hit 81 points in a game. Name a guard/forward past or present who could score 81 points besides Jordan?

I will critique and successfully shot down every name you give.

Lebron James mid range game isn't good enough to hit 81. I could see him hitting 50 3 nights in a row if he wanted too though.

maybeshewill13
03-11-2012, 08:39 AM
I can see Durant having a monster game in his career. Guy is a outright monster scorer.. will most likely happen in a few years though once he's further developed.

Of present players, my next bet would probably be Monta.

Collie
03-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Gervin/David Thompson/Maravich when hot

TAZORAC
03-11-2012, 08:46 AM
I can see Durant having a monster game in his career. Guy is a outright monster scorer.. will most likely happen in a few years though once he's further developed.

Of present players, my next bet would probably be Monta.

Durant isn't physically strong enough to hit 81 when you have to depend on lower percentage jump shots your not hitting 81.

Maravich is a POOR MAN'S Steve Nash and probably wouldn't make an NBA roster today. He's overrated, I mean the guy dribbled the ball with his head down.

Gervin is a poor man's Durant. David Thompson is Clyde Drexler WITHOUT a jump shot!!!

donald_trump
03-11-2012, 08:52 AM
statistically speaking kobe's midrange game was never as good as lebrons last season. so much for that argument.

Durant is definitely one that can as well. He puts points on the board easier than anyone ive seen. even if he has a 6-20 night he somehow manages to have 25-30 points anyway.

arifgokcen
03-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Kobe Bryant hit 81 points in a game. Name a guard/forward past or present who could score 81 points besides Jordan?

Lebron James mid range game isn't good enough to hit 81. I could see him hitting 50 3 nights in a row if he wanted too though.

If lebron gets hot from three and dont distribute he is the only one physically capable of hitting more than 45+ shots in a game and making a good amount of them to reach 80 points.I dont think he has that mentality kobe has,to score that much points in a game.Durant isnt capable of scoring that much.He only scored 50+ once in his 5 year career and dont forget that came in overtime and against denver who has no one to guard him.He is not strong enough to score that much.

Again Only lebron is capable however he tends to distribute after reaching 35-40 points and gets too passive.

arifgokcen
03-11-2012, 08:55 AM
statistically speaking kobe's midrange game was never as good as lebrons last season. so much for that argument.

Durant is definitely one that can as well. He puts points on the board easier than anyone ive seen. even if he has a 6-20 night he somehow manages to have 25-30 points anyway.

May i ask why is everyone talking about durant.Its just impossible for a guy like durant to score that much.He only scored 50+ once in his 5 year career against a denver team who has no one to guard him in overtime.Lebron is the only one capable but will never score that much

sipitri
03-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Against the raptors taking 46 shot attempts and dishing 2 assists?
Probably a bunch of people could.

CardiacKemba
03-11-2012, 09:19 AM
LeBron or Durant and possibly Melo would be my guess as the players capable of scoring 81, but I doubt any of them will get close.

Also with that being said, I honestly don't think players, especially someone like Durant, would go out chasing that 81, even if they hit 50 at some stage early in the 3rd.

Nash
03-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Jordan. Prime, scoring crazy Jordan would drop more points with these new rules.

swi7ch
03-11-2012, 09:39 AM
nick young can easily score 81 in a half

swi7ch
03-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Jordan. Prime, scoring crazy Jordan would drop more points with these new rules.
...and softer opponents

tommy3
03-11-2012, 09:42 AM
There is only one player capable of chucking so much

maybeshewill13
03-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Someone above made a very valid point. I actually take back my statement about Durant hitting 81. He'd NEVER justify why he should be taking the amount of shots to hit 81 points. He'd much rather have 50 point games with a bunch of assists.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-11-2012, 09:47 AM
1st, it aint chucking if the ball is dropping.
2nd, why suggest that ANY past player could hit 81? They never did, not even during the expansion era.

bwink23
03-11-2012, 09:48 AM
These are some of the most uneducated replies i've ever seen....:lol

LosBulls
03-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Carmelo Anthony when he gets traded.

Pointguard
03-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Linsanity!

Pointguard
03-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Lebron definitely has the capability and endurance to do it. Midrange game isn't the key to doing it. Being that the majority of high scoring games were not by guys with midrange games.

Allen Iverson could do it with the way the game is called today.

Bernard King would also benefit largely from the way the game is called today. Bernard King had the most unstoppable middle game probably in the history of the sport.

Durant on a bad team could do it as well.

ralph_i_el
03-11-2012, 10:54 AM
In the league right now? Monta, Kobe, Durant, d-will are the only guys I see getting that many points.

I feel like it will be hard for anyone who doesn't take a lot of three's to hit 81 which is why I don't say Lebron. He could have a 50 point triple double though which would be more impressive than just 81 points

hkfosho
03-11-2012, 10:58 AM
maybe monta

arifgokcen
03-11-2012, 11:26 AM
In the league right now? Monta, Kobe, Durant, d-will are the only guys I see getting that many points.

I feel like it will be hard for anyone who doesn't take a lot of three's to hit 81 which is why I don't say Lebron. He could have a 50 point triple double though which would be more impressive than just 81 points

Actually lebron had 50 point triple double even though league took it away.Many people thinks its valid.

Durant is a great scorer however because of his physical limitations he cannot score that much.Kobe as great as he is is 33 years old with more miles than anyone in the league.16 years almost every year deep playoff runs.

Shepseskaf
03-11-2012, 12:32 PM
if you watch MJ's 69-point game, he passes up on a number of scoring opportunities and easily could have reached 81. However, it was an overtime game.

In terms of other players who could do it, don't sleep on a prime Bernard King.

DirtySanchez
03-11-2012, 01:03 PM
2nd, why suggest that ANY past player could hit 81? They never did, not even during the expansion era.
This.... I love how people say 81 can be easily done even by Jordan.
If they could of they would of. Only one close was Robinson. And let's not forget just before the raptor game Kobe dropped 60 plus on the Mavs in only 3 quarters.

fsvr54
03-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Agent Zero could do it, on Kobe.

inclinerator
03-11-2012, 01:15 PM
lebron is one of the most streakiest mofo in the league, he could do it if he doesnt pass the entire game

d21221hk
03-11-2012, 01:24 PM
lebron if these things happen:

1. wade and bosh both out
2. he gets hot
3. he decides to go for more points instead of the triple double
4. spo doesn't bench him in the 4th due to blow out score

doubt this will ever happen

Bladers
03-11-2012, 01:27 PM
lebron if these things happen:

1. wade and bosh both out
2. he gets hot
3. he decides to go for more points instead of the triple double
4. spo doesn't bench him in the 4th due to blow out score

doubt this will ever happen

LOL what? Spo always plays Lebron in the 4th Q of 20 points blow outs.

Sorry no one is breaking Kobe's 81.They have to hit 60 first to be a candidate.

upside24
03-11-2012, 01:32 PM
LeBron, Durant and probably Melo could do it but only Kobe has the audacity to jack up more than 20 shots a half.

Bladers
03-11-2012, 01:36 PM
LeBron, Durant and probably Melo could do it but only Kobe has the audacity to jack up more than 20 shots a half.

A guy who has no mid range jumpshot and in 8 years haven't hit 60 is supposed to hit 81?

Or the guy who just hit 50 for the first time in his career and it took Overtime is supposed to hit 81 in regulation?

Or the guy who in 8 years only have 1 or 2 50 pt game?

LOL please. People forget Kobe has 24 50 pt games. Hitting 81 was inevitable.
Plus he would have had 25 more if he didn't play with Shaq.
Please. Just stop it.

Mr. Jabbar
03-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Current Derek Fisher

Bladers
03-11-2012, 01:39 PM
And should I add he has over 5 games where he scored 50+ through 3 quarters and sat out the 4th?

Come on guys. Stop it.

upside24
03-11-2012, 01:39 PM
A guy who has no mid range jumpshot and in 8 years haven't hit 60 is supposed to hit 81?

Or the guy who just hit 50 for the first time in his career and it took Overtime is supposed to hit 81 in regulation?

Or the guy who in 8 years only have 1 or 2 50 pt game?

LOL please. People forget Kobe has 24 50 pt games. Hitting 81 was inevitable.
Just because they havn't done it doesn't mean they can't, it means they don't have the same me first midset as Kobe. Kobe goes out and gets his and at times seems more concerned with how many points he has then how many his team has in relation to the opposition. If LeBron goes out against a weak defensive team and decides he wants to score as much as he possibly can and disregards teammates in order to do so I think 65-70 isn't unreasonable. Jordan topped out at 69 but I have no doubt in my mind he could eclipse 81.

Bladers
03-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Just because they havn't done it doesn't mean they can't, it means they don't have the same me first midset as Kobe. Kobe goes out and gets his and at times seems more concerned with how many points he has then how many his team has in relation to the opposition. If LeBron goes out against a weak defensive team and decides he wants to score as much as he possibly can and disregards teammates in order to do so I think 65-70 isn't unreasonable. Jordan topped out at 69 but I have no doubt in my mind he could eclipse 81.

That is the most terrible excuse I have ever seen.
No Lebron can't and won't score 60 talkless of 81 because he lacks the offensive ability. And neither can Jordan. 69 came in OT. While Kobe dropped 60+ in 3 quarters and have done similar multiple times.

Does that make you mad?

upside24
03-11-2012, 01:52 PM
No Lebron can't and won't score 60 talkless of 81 because he lacks the offensive ability. And neither can Jordan. 69 came in OT. While Kobe dropped 60+ in 3 quarters and have done similar multiple times.

Does that make you mad?
Not at all, I am a Kobe fan. Why are you so insecure about his accomplishment? Is 81 the only thing you have to make you feel Kobe is superior to Jordan or LeBron?

bwink23
03-11-2012, 01:52 PM

Does that make you mad?

:lol .....you too funny....The only way Kobe gets those points is from the refs....Jordan never went full bore for 48 minutes...he most definately could do it...

kobe 62 vs. Mavs....who the hell gets off 31 shots and 25 FT's in 3 quarters?? Only Kobe does shit like that. Everyone else plays ball.

Bladers
03-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Not at all, I am a Kobe fan. Why are you so insecure about his accomplishment? Is 81 the only thing you have to make you feel Kobe is superior to Jordan or LeBron?

:lol .....you too funny....The only way Kobe gets those points is from the refs....Jordan never went full bore for 48 minutes...he most definately could do it...
kobe 62 vs. Mavs....who the hell gets off 31 shots and 25 FT's in 3 quarters?? Only Kobe does shit like that. Everyone else plays ball.
I'm not insecure. I admit it, Kobe is a shot jacker because Jordan averaged more shot attempts than him. Kobe is also a selfish brat because Jordan also averaged similar amount of assists as him.

There.

AllenIverson3
03-11-2012, 01:57 PM
depends on the team you're facing....

Iverson, James, Durant, Jordan

Bladers
03-11-2012, 01:57 PM

LOL "The LeBronathon"

Are Lebron fanboys so insecure that they have to create gimmick kobe accounts to hate on kobe with?
He doesn't even know you exist. :oldlol:

upside24
03-11-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm not insecure. I admit it, Kobe is a shot jacker because Jordan averaged more shot attempts than him. Kobe is also a selfish brat because Jordan also averaged similar amount of assists as him.

There.
Jordan WAS a shotjacker, there is no denying that. The difference is Jordan made a higher percentage of the shots he took than Kobe did. Jordan's shot selection was also superior. Jordan was just better. I don't have a problem admitting it because I am still a Kobe fan at the end of the day, but Kobe is a 90% version of Jordan with a more reliable 3 point shot.

upside24
03-11-2012, 02:03 PM
LOL "The LeBronathon"

Are Lebron fanboys so insecure that they have to create gimmick kobe accounts to hate on kobe with?
He doesn't even know you exist. :oldlol:
It is a reference to Kanye West song.:facepalm

Sawbucks23
03-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Larry Bird, and George Gervin. Jordan was the first name that come to mind when reading the title, but I didn't bother reading the question. lol

Bladers
03-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Jordan WAS a shotjacker, there is no denying that. The difference is Jordan made a higher percentage of the shots he took than Kobe did. Jordan's shot selection was also superior. Jordan was just better. I don't have a problem admitting it because I am still a Kobe fan at the end of the day, but Kobe is a 90% version of Jordan with a more reliable 3 point shot.

The difference is in this context of "81 points game" Jordan shot 43 times several times and didn't come any close to 81. GTFO!

Heavincent
03-11-2012, 02:07 PM
There is not one player in the NBA right now that is capable of scoring 81.

Court Vision
03-11-2012, 02:11 PM
There is not one player in the NBA right now that is capable of scoring 81.

I would say Durant is the only guy who has a chance of 70+.

Bladers
03-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I would say Durant is the only guy who has a chance of 70+.

No just NO, just NO. His first and ONLY 50 pt game came in OT!:hammerhead:

pauk
03-11-2012, 02:12 PM
easy........ just ANY superstar that chucks 50 FGA + gets 20 FTA in a game while alienating his teammates entire game....

Court Vision
03-11-2012, 02:14 PM

You think if Durant went gunning for 50+ that he couldn't do it on relatively regular basis?

Sawbucks23
03-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Dominique Wilkins.......maybe?

TheMarkMadsen
03-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Anybody who tries to discredit an 81 point game by one player, let alone a shooting guard who did it by mostly hitting jump shots is a HATER. Pure & simple. Just because your favorite player never dropped 81 doesn't mean its not an extremly impressive performance.

Like seriously, who can honestly hate on an 81 point game?

TheMarkMadsen
03-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Dominique Wilkins.......maybe?

Lol @ naming former players who have already played out their career and never came close to 81

andgar923
03-11-2012, 02:20 PM

David Thompson?

Sawbucks23
03-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Anybody who tries to discredit an 81 point game by one player, let alone a shooting guard who did it by mostly hitting jump shots is a HATER. Pure & simple. Just because your favorite player never dropped 81 doesn't mean its not an extremly impressive performance.

Like seriously, who can honestly hate on an 81 point game?

No one is hating on the 81 point game. The question was to see who is or was CAPABLE of doing it. It doesn't mean they would do it in a game in today's game, but it's a possibility (even though not a probability). The OP said present or past players so I stand by the players I mentioned.

andgar923
03-11-2012, 02:26 PM
There's probably over a dozen or so in the history of the league that have the 'potential' to score that many based on their talent. But it needs to be a perfect storm for them to achieve it.

They have to get hot at the right time, vs the right team and the ball needs to go their way, in other words, they need enough possessions to achieve it. And more importantly, they and the team need to be in that mindset.

One thing that people seem to miss is Kobe's mindset when he goes off.

He is INTENT on scoring at any means possible, most players either lack that determination or skill.

I think there's slightly over a dozen players in the history that have the potential based on their talent to score that many points. But they may lack the mentality (aggressiveness) to attempt to do so, and their team may not cater to their goal.

Bladers
03-11-2012, 02:28 PM
You think if Durant went gunning for 50+ that he couldn't do it on relatively regular basis?

Because he has gunned and never got it. till acouple weeks ago in OT. Sorry brah.

pauk
03-11-2012, 02:30 PM
There's probably over a dozen or so in the history of the league that have the 'potential' to score that many based on their talent. But it needs to be a perfect storm for them to achieve it.

They have to get hot at the right time, vs the right team and the ball needs to go their way, in other words, they need enough possessions to achieve it. And more importantly, they and the team need to be in that mindset.

He is INTENT on scoring at any means possible, most players either lack that determination or skill.

I think there's slightly over a dozen players in the history that have the potential based on their talent to score that many points. But they may lack the mentality (aggressiveness) to attempt to do so, and their team may not cater to their goal.

You put up some fine / diplomatic words there to explain Kobes selfishness/shotjacking/chucking............. but you are right, many could score 81 points or more, but almost nobody is that much of a selfish chucker/shotjacker as Kobe was to actually do it.....

You need alot of COJONES to alienate your teammates for an entire game and then proceed to take 50 or more FG attempts.....

Bladers
03-11-2012, 02:30 PM
You put some fine / diplomatic words there to explain Kobes selfishness/shotjacking/chucking............. but you are right, many could score 81 points or more, but almost nobody is that much of a selfish chucker/shotjacker as Kobe was to actually do it.....

Jordan took 43 shots (3 less than Kobe) multiple times and never got close to 81... lol u mad?

TheMarkMadsen
03-11-2012, 02:34 PM
You put up some fine / diplomatic words there to explain Kobes selfishness/shotjacking/chucking............. but you are right, many could score 81 points or more, but almost nobody is that much of a selfish chucker/shotjacker as Kobe was to actually do it.....

You do realize he shot over 50% for that game? So much for "chucking" when the ball is continuously going through the hoop.

With your logic any player who scores a vast amount of points should do so on 10 or less field goal attempts. You do realize you have to shoot to score don't you?

What was he supposed to do? He caught fire & they were losing the entire game, should he stop shooting because the fear of getting flamed on ISH is to much?

Or should he keep putting the ball in the bucket and lead his team back to a W?

Court Vision
03-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Because he has gunned and never got it. till acouple weeks ago in OT. Sorry brah.

He has 2 games in his entire career of 30+ FGA.

upside24
03-11-2012, 02:37 PM

Exactly.

andgar923
03-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Jordan took 43 shots (3 less than Kobe) multiple times and never got close to 81... lol u mad?

the main difference is the 3pt attempts.
nI think what allowed Kobe to reach the 81 pt mark was his 3pt MADE! To shoot that high of a fg% while shooting the amount of 3s and make them is what's amazing.

Yeah.. it was a shitty defense and team, but even if he was shooting around by himself, that's still hard to do.

But like I mentioned, there's other players that have the talent to do so, they just needed to get hot at the right time, vs the right team, and naturally.... take enough 3s to rack up points. Taking 43 shots on mostly 2s isn't gonna get you 81 pts.

kNIOKAS
03-11-2012, 02:42 PM
First of all, there are only two players that scored over 81. Therefore it's a little room there to speculate. Now if you chose say 65 points as a margin, the discussion would be way more open.

And still, almost everyone who has scored 50 points are capable of it. Of 65 points, not 81. 81 is too much, again.

pauk
03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
25 of 50 (50% FG) is just 50 points.... so you will need to take even more FG attempts or take alot of FT attempts to go with that....

Thats a ridicilous amount of offensive possessions just for YOU... infact thats probably 80-99% of offensive possession jumpshots of the entire game just for you....

So no matter if you like it or not you HAVE to be alienating your teammates all the time and even force them to give you the ball all the time no matter how open they are....

It has to be exactly like playing NBA 2K for PS3/XBOX or something where you control all players but use only 1 player to take all shots...

Bladers
03-11-2012, 02:45 PM
25 of 50 (50% FG) is just 50 points.... so you will need to take even more FG attempts or take alot of FT attempts to go with that....

Thats a ridicilous amount of offensive possessions just for YOU... infact thats probably 80-99% of offensive possessions of the entire game just for you....

So no matter if you like it or not you HAVE to be alienating your teammates all the time and even force them to give you the ball all the time no matter how open they are....

Kobe took 46 shots and scored 81.
MJ took 43 shots multiple times and never scored close to 80.

you mad?

pauk
03-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Kobe took 46 shots (a couple of 3s to) + made 20 FTs and scored career high 81.

MJ took 37 shots and scored career high 69 including 18 rebounds and 6 assists.

fixed

Bladers
03-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Michael Jordan 1990-02-14 21/43 FG .488% 49 points (LOSS)
Michael Jordan 1987-01-15 17/43 FG .395% 43 points (LOSS)
Michael Jordan 1986-11-28 19/43 FG .442% 41 points (LOSS)

lol talk about shot jacking and aliening your team mates. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Boston C's
03-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Kobe took 46 shots and scored 81.
MJ took 43 shots multiple times and never scored close to 80.

you mad?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199003280CLE.html

this game was more impressive... not to take anythin away from kobes game but your an annoying kobe stan so i have to put you in your place

btw jordan took 37 shots here so idk how jordan taking 43 shots and not coming "close" is relevant I'd say 69 points is close and a 69 point 18 rebound 6 assists and 4 steals is more impressive so sorry

and your hate on durant is just ridiculous someone already mentioned it but hes only been over 30 fg attempts like twice in his career but you say hes been "gunning" gtfo with your biased logic

d21221hk
03-11-2012, 02:57 PM
someone needs to get kobes nuts outta his mouth :lol

La Frescobaldi
03-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Durant isn't physically strong enough to hit 81 when you have to depend on lower percentage jump shots your not hitting 81.

Maravich is a POOR MAN'S Steve Nash and probably wouldn't make an NBA roster today. He's overrated, I mean the guy dribbled the ball with his head down.

Gervin is a poor man's Durant. David Thompson is Clyde Drexler WITHOUT a jump shot!!!

Thanks man!!

Your comment was so incredibly puerile that I instantly went to find any of a thousand youtube clips that would expose that crap...............
and so as a result of your inanity I've spent an hour watching footage of Pistol Pete Maravich, the greatest ball-handler of all time!

BTW... ever wonder why he wore his hair so long it hung down over his eyes?
i bet you think... it was because... he was just a hippie, right? stylin?

upside24
03-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Michael Jordan 1990-02-14 21/43 FG .488% 49 points (LOSS)
Michael Jordan 1987-01-15 17/43 FG .395% 43 points (LOSS)
Michael Jordan 1986-11-28 19/43 FG .442% 41 points (LOSS)

lol talk about shot jacking and aliening your team mates. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Jordan had three games where he shot poorly? Wow, you have convinced me that Michael Jordan was a scrub. Everything I thought I knew is now in question, I will leave you to evaluate the current state of my existence.

bwink23
03-11-2012, 03:06 PM

You should go check out my latest thread.....KOBRICK BRICKING.

Bladers
03-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Jordan had three games where he shot poorly? Wow, you have convinced me that Michael Jordan was a scrub. Everything I thought I knew is now in question, I will leave you to evaluate the current state of my existence.

Nope. Just SMASHED your logic that if any one takes 46 shots = 81 points.

Sorry brah. And stop switching accounts!:banghead:

Bladers
03-11-2012, 03:07 PM
You should go check out my latest thread.....KOBRICK BRICKING.

you mean your cherry picked butthurt thread? sorry I will pass.

bwink23
03-11-2012, 03:08 PM

Kobe got his on the worst teams in the league...completely EXPOSED in my latest thread. :D

upside24
03-11-2012, 03:08 PM

Yep. I'm actually 27 different accounts and two of the four voices in your head.:lol Brah.

bwink23
03-11-2012, 03:09 PM
you mean your cherry picked butthurt thread? sorry I will pass.

Yep....cherry picked the TOP 5 DEFENSES in the league, :lol .

You might want to stay clear of it....it would make you cry in your pillow tonight when Mommy tucks you in bed. :pimp:

Bladers
03-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Yep....cherry picked the TOP 5 DEFENSES in the league, :lol .

You might want to stay clear of it....it would make you cry in your pillow tonight when Mommy tucks you in bed. :pimp:

Kobe dropped 62 in 3 Qs against the eventual Finalists Mavs.

Yeah cherry picked. GTFO!

bwink23
03-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Kobe dropped 62 in 3 Qs against the eventual champs Mavs.

Yeah cherry picked. GTFO!

LOL!!! Go check it out...go see how your hero fairs against the top tier defenses.....Go on, :pimp: .

TAZORAC
03-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Lebron definitely has the capability and endurance to do it. Midrange game isn't the key to doing it. Being that the majority of high scoring games were not by guys with midrange games.

Allen Iverson could do it with the way the game is called today.

Bernard King would also benefit largely from the way the game is called today. Bernard King had the most unstoppable middle game probably in the history of the sport.

Durant on a bad team could do it as well.

How the hell could Iverson do it "in the game today"? You act as if he played 20 25 years ago. He's too small to hit 81

How old are you?

Lebron23
03-13-2012, 08:27 AM
LeBron "ball hog mode" James. LBJ is actually shooting 49.3 FG% from 10-15 feet, and 41 FG% from 16-23 feet.

Lebron23
03-13-2012, 08:32 AM
How the hell could Iverson do it "in the game today"? You act as if he played 20 25 years ago. He's too small to hit 81

How old are you?

Iverson once scored 60 points againts Dwight Howard and his Orlando Magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZXDV8JtTTo

Jotaro Durant
03-13-2012, 08:32 AM
LeBron "ball hog mode" James. LBJ is actually shooting 49.3 FG% from 10-15 feet, and 41 FG% from 16-23 feet.
lebron is not volume scorer or shooter. efficient yes but cause he has that percent on less shots not mean he will keep production with more volume

TAZORAC
03-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Iverson once scored 60 points againts Dwight Howard and his Orlando Magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZXDV8JtTTo

The point I was making is IVERSON DID PLAY IN TODAY'S GAME. The guy was talking like Iverson played in the 80s or something.

I also want to note that Kobe had 62 points after 3 quarters against the Mavericks and sat most of the 4th quarter.

madmax17
03-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Durant and Westbrook, 162 points between them.

NumberSix
03-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Honestly, almost every elite scorer COULD do it if they purposely made it a point to do it. Especially against a bum ass defense like Toronto.

I mean, this season LeBron had 24 in the 1st quarter twice this season on ridiculously high FG% but then he just stopped shooting and sat out for entire quarters. If he wanted to make it a point to score as many points as he could regardless of the team, he could have done it.

I honestly think any of the elite scorers in the league could break Wilt's 100 if they wanted to. I just don't think anyone would be the kind of selfish jerk that would actually try to do it.

I mean, it's freaking ridiculous when Kobe shoots 31 times in a game. NOBODY is selfish enough to take like 63 shots in 1 game. Guys CAN do it, but who would do that?

TAZORAC
03-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Honestly, almost every elite scorer COULD do it if they purposely made it a point to do it. Especially against a bum ass defense like Toronto.

I mean, this season LeBron had 24 in the 1st quarter twice this season on ridiculously high FG% but then he just stopped shooting and sat out for entire quarters. If he wanted to make it a point to score as many points as he could regardless of the team, he could have done it.

I honestly think any of the elite scorers in the league could break Wilt's 100 if they wanted to. I just don't think anyone would be the kind of selfish jerk that would actually try to do it.

I mean, it's freaking ridiculous when Kobe shoots 31 times in a game. NOBODY is selfish enough to take like 63 shots in 1 game. Guys CAN do it, but who would do that?

Saying "any elite scorer" could do it is a bit much. Lebron has the best chance but his jump shot leaves some to be desired.

MMM
03-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Rajon Rondo
but you would need to count assists and even then he would need close to 30 assists and over 20 points

swi7ch
03-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Eddie House could do it.

Rnbizzle
03-13-2012, 09:20 AM
JR Smith if you keep feeding him..

blablabla
03-13-2012, 09:26 AM

you do know that you have to like hit those shots

Bigsmoke
03-13-2012, 09:52 AM
some player in the future.

Owl
03-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Saying "any elite scorer" could do it is a bit much. Lebron has the best chance but his jump shot leaves some to be desired.
It is "a bit much". But not a lot. The underlying point, that context (a favourable one being good player on a bad team (and specifically with no other shot creator) playing another bad team, at a high pace, being a superstars (and getting superstar calls), being in a semi-close game (close enough that you log major minutes, big enough gap that your teammates are trying to feed you for at least the last quarter) etc) is everything and that one night performances don't mean that much.
Tony Delk, Tracy Murray and Willie Burton all went for 50+ points.

Magic Johnson in his hyperpaced era, on a fast team never did.

Which tells you all you need to know about the validity of measuring anything by a single scoring night.

jstern
03-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Many players can, as long as they take enough shots. Look at David Robinson, on the one game of his career where he decides to take as many shot as he could, he scored over 70. There are better scorers than David Robinson.

La Frescobaldi
03-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Many players can, as long as they take enough shots. Look at David Robinson, on the one game of his career where he decides to take as many shot as he could, he scored over 70. There are better scorers than David Robinson.

70 < 81 < 100

that's how that works. Kobe was on tv not long after his career game and his eyes were filled with awe that somebody ever got a hundred

Nevaeh
03-13-2012, 11:51 AM

They also need their teammates, coach and attending fans to want them to keep chucking when the game's already over too.

AlphaWolf24
03-13-2012, 12:00 PM

.3% higher..(in a totally different era , when many perimeter player scored over 25.PPG and shot over 50%).....whooptity dooo!!

Jordan shot selection was actually much worse then Kobe's....all the revisionist history here is sickneing...often MJ would shoot it over 3 - 4 defenders with his teammates wide open!

it's well documented that MJ was one of the most selfish players of alltime...trying to slight Kobe by saying MJ shot 3% better in a totally different era means MJ was somehow so much more better is silly and sad...

similar players , similar roles, marginal statistical differences in 2 different era's......Kobe will play longer and win more....

Kobe>MJ and those are the cold hard facts...

deal wit it son.

next

jstern
03-13-2012, 01:08 PM
70 < 81 < 100

that's how that works. Kobe was on tv not long after his career game and his eyes were filled with awe that somebody ever got a hundred

Are you retarded and can't understand my logic? Perhaps too much gray area for you too comprehend.

bwink23
03-13-2012, 01:20 PM
.3% higher..(in a totally different era , when many perimeter player scored over 25.PPG and shot over 50%).....whooptity dooo!!

Jordan shot selection was actually much worse then Kobe's....all the revisionist history here is sickneing...often MJ would shoot it over 3 - 4 defenders with his teammates wide open!

it's well documented that MJ was one of the most selfish players of alltime...trying to slight Kobe by saying MJ shot 3% better in a totally different era means MJ was somehow so much more better is silly and sad...

similar players , similar roles, marginal statistical differences in 2 different era's......Kobe will play longer and win more....

deal wit it son.

next

At their peaks, Jordan's FG% was 6-7% better, not .3% :rolleyes:

Next.

La Frescobaldi
03-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Are you retarded and can't understand my logic? Perhaps too much gray area for you too comprehend.

are we bitter today?

Kingwillball
03-13-2012, 01:25 PM
I think Lebron and Durant could under the right circumstances.. Lebron has Shown he is easily capable of putting up 20 points in a qtr but his problem either he stops attacking or the game is a blowout and he takes foot off of throttle or sits the 4th too often..I think if Lebron was on Fire in a Run and gun type of game and kept on attacking he could get it. Durant as well.

AlphaWolf24
03-13-2012, 01:45 PM
At their peaks, Jordan's FG% was 6-7% better, not .3% :rolleyes:

Next.

that was mid 80's....MJ shot 50% 5 times his first 6 years...he did it once his final 9 years....

league wide FG% progressively dropped also beginning in the early 90's...

the defensive game changed alot during the decade.

MJ in the modern era was a 42 - 44% FG during the 2000's

rodman91
03-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Iverson maybe. He got 3 50 point games in playoffs, 4 scoring titles in same era with Kobe, he had 3rd most ppg in NBA history before detroit disaster.

T-Mac also.He was almost equal if not better at scoring before injuries.2 scoring titles and if you remember what he had done to Spurs... :lol

glidedrxlr22
03-13-2012, 01:48 PM
that was mid 80's....MJ shot 50% 5 times his first 6 years...he did it once his final 9 years....

The one and only AlphaWolf
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f4Fo_GlfJs8/ShQVxBSQ9II/AAAAAAAACMU/cQ3Y7JNaxnk/s400/kobe+fan.jpg

donald_trump
03-13-2012, 01:54 PM
david robinson got 71 with his team feeding him the ball constantly to win the scoring title. im sure if lebron or kd wanted to, they'd be able to get more with constant delivery of the ball.
both are better scorers than robinson.

tpols
03-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Maybe Iverson.. Tmac. I feel like it would have to be in the modern era where there are more iso scorers and selfish mentalities. They would need a 3 ball too.

bwink23
03-13-2012, 02:05 PM

Did David Robinson not score 71 points in 1994??

eFG% accounts for 3-pointers...guess what, it's nearly identical to that of the 2000's era. (1980's that is.)

Kobe 48-50% range in eFG%.

Jordan 52-55% range in eFG%.

Jordan at age 33,34 years old had eFG% of 52.5% and 51.4% respectively...Kobe has never reached that mark ever.....that was 1996 and 1997.

Lebron and Wade have eclipsed that in this year, while being inferior scorers to Jordan....and doing it during the most relaxed rule sets for perimeter players in NBA history...

Next.

bwink23
03-13-2012, 02:08 PM

deal wit it son.

next

Kobe doesn't have a single game in his career where he has scored 50 points against a top 5 defensive team in regulation....

NOT ONE....that's pretty cool.

AlphaWolf24
03-13-2012, 02:10 PM
The one and only AlphaWolf
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f4Fo_GlfJs8/ShQVxBSQ9II/AAAAAAAACMU/cQ3Y7JNaxnk/s400/kobe+fan.jpg

who ever that guy is...he's got great shoes!!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I<3NBA
03-13-2012, 03:41 PM
i think prime AI could do it. Lebron would definitely never be able to do it. you know once he tops 30 he starts going for other stats. but let's say Wade bets Lebron and goads him to do it. i think Lebron can do it.

EnoughSaid
03-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Melo. 33 points in a quarter?! :bowdown: All you need to do is try to put up close to 20 the first 3 quarters, and then go H.A.M. in the 4th.

Heavincent
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM

This is probably one of the dumbest posts I have seen on ISH, and that's saying something.

DKLaker
03-13-2012, 03:52 PM

:bowdown: :applause: :cheers: :applause: :bowdown:

Appreciate greatness!!!!!!!!

L.Kizzle
03-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Maybe Iverson.. Tmac. I feel like it would have to be in the modern era where there are more iso scorers and selfish mentalities. They would need a 3 ball too.
T-Mac's 62 point game, he missed like 10 free throws and in the 3rd quarter, missed a bunch of gimmies.

Heavincent
03-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Some of you guys (retards like pauk) should just accept that no current player in the NBA is even capable of scoring 81 points. Anybody that says otherwise i just delusional.

DKLaker
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Did David Robinson not score 71 points in 1994??

eFG% accounts for 3-pointers...guess what, it's nearly identical to that of the 2000's era. (1980's that is.)

Kobe 48-50% range in eFG%.

Jordan 52-55% range in eFG%.

Jordan at age 33,34 years old had eFG% of 52.5% and 51.4% respectively...Kobe has never reached that mark ever.....that was 1996 and 1997.

Lebron and Wade have eclipsed that in this year, while being inferior scorers to Jordan....and doing it during the most relaxed rule sets for perimeter players in NBA history...

Next.

Cool Story Bro.........Lebron and Wade could have 80 each going to the 4th and then refuse to shoot or shoot and choke.......same sh!t they always do.....don't act so butthurt.....remember when Lebron tried to break Kobe's record at Madison SG and FAILED :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: He can't even whiff of 65 much less 81.

Heavincent
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
easy........ just ANY superstar that chucks 50 FGA + gets 20 FTA in a game while alienating his teammates entire game....

It's funny how you pretend like Kobe's 81 point game isn't one of the best performances in NBA history.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-13-2012, 03:59 PM
:bowdown: :applause: :cheers: :applause: :bowdown:

Appreciate greatness!!!!!!!!
I know.
People say, "who else could hit 81?"...well, NOBODY from the past.
They didn't do it, not even during the weakass expansion era.
If you want to say, "Jordan could do it, if he really wanted"...well, then go ahead and say: Bird, King, Wilkins, Gervin, Walton, DrJ, and many many more.

Its an absurd discussion.

Hell, lets say, "Who could hit 102"?

LakersReign
03-13-2012, 04:05 PM
It's funny how you pretend like Kobe's 81 point game isn't one of the best performances in NBA history.

That's cuz he's a pathetic know nothing about basketball Lebronyte, who disregards anything Lebron can't do. Since it was Kobe who scored 81, and not Lebron, I like it how they try to act like it's nothing special, and that ANYBODY in the NBA could do it. Which explains exactly why no on else has done. Well, at least not yet anyway. The sad part is that they still think they have credibility when we all know if it were Lebron, they be all over it, like they are with PER.

RaininTwos
03-13-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm looking through basketball reference and I see that Lebron career high fga is 36 and he got 56 points on that day.

That is f*ckign silly. Dude needs to shoot 50 shots once just for us too see how high he can go.

bwink23
03-13-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm looking through basketball reference and I see that Lebron career high fga is 36 and he got 56 points on that day.

That is f*ckign silly. Dude needs to shoot 50 shots once just for us too see how high he can go.

No he don't, leave that to the selfish chuckers like Kobe who shoot with no regard for team offense.