PDA

View Full Version : Linsanity is dead...moron fans get exposed

Grey Dawn
03-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Shooting 30% on high volume shooting, as many turnovers as assists, over 5 turnovers AGAIN, man that Lin is torching it, he's like Steve Nash only better!

:oldlol:

Wow the Knicks suck.

StateOfMind12
03-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Linsanity has been dead since Melo returned. Is that a coincidence? I don't think so.

But wait, Melo only shoots 40% and a TS% of less than 50% because of Mike D'antoni right? :rolleyes:

I.R.Beast
03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Linsanity has been dead since Melo returned. Is that a coincidence? I don't think so.

But wait, Melo only shoots 40% and a TS% of less than 50% because of Mike D'antoni right? :rolleyes:
i aint buyin that. Melo has been taking way less shots, giving Lin room to "lead" he's only taking 14 shots since returning. Lin has simply came down to earth, and none of the knicks are playng very well right now.

redhonda76
03-11-2012, 07:28 PM
It wasn't just about Lin. During that run, the Knicks were playing amazing defense. Now when you have 2 guy come back who has no clue about defense, you'll going to have issues.

tikay0
03-11-2012, 07:28 PM
does jeremy lin have at least 4-5 awkward dribbles or fall downs a game. Looks so amateurish out there sometimes. But i still like him.

iDunk
03-11-2012, 07:43 PM
The thing is you guys WANT Lin to be "dead", you don't want the Knicks to succeed. Once again, its not Lin's fault.

imdaman99
03-11-2012, 07:46 PM
It wasn't just about Lin. During that run, the Knicks were playing amazing defense. Now when you have 2 guy come back who has no clue about defense, you'll going to have issues.
THIS

flipogb
03-11-2012, 07:50 PM
The thing is you guys WANT Lin to be "dead", you don't want the Knicks to succeed. Once again, its not Lin's fault.
I think people do want the Knicks to be good, we just don't like the incredibly premature Lin hype

Eric Cartman
03-11-2012, 07:53 PM
If Carmelo wasn't playing.

swi7ch
03-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Melo killed Linsanity

Shepseskaf
03-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Linsanity was fun. I want it back.

Alamo
03-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Let's all blame it on Melo

Eat Like A Bosh
03-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Linsanity isn't dead yet, not even Melo could kill him off completely.

Story Up
03-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Jim rejecting that Melo/Drew trade turns out to being a blessing. :)

GOBB
03-11-2012, 08:19 PM
I like how Melo is blamed yet when you watch Lin when Melo is off the court? You see the same thing. So how is it Melo fault? It was only a matter of time because teams, coaches watched film and a scouting report was made on him. No one respects his jumper, only his drive. They stay home when Lin drives because what he does is when he attacks and doesnt get his shot off? He'll stop, spin and look to pass or do that lil fadeaway shot hoping it goes in. Rinse and repeat. The times he attacks and score is when NYK swing the ball, and Lin's man is recovering but plays the shot and Lin burst to the rim.

Its not hard to make Lin throw a bad pass. Its not hard to play him aggressive and watch him pick up his dribble then look for help. Thus totally having you reset the entire offensive set. Watch when Lin is played aggressive even when the ball is inbounded. Often a NYK will have to sit back and screen that man off.

Scouting reports people...blame Melo all you want. Players have them and it allows a player/team to find ways on defending him.

Still a solid player so I also dont buy the extreme negative feedback he gets. But to think he wouldnt struggle not because he's having a bad day, moreso that teams have adjusted to his game finally? Well you are foolish.

SpecialQue
03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Wow, you're a real dickhead.

TheBigVeto
03-12-2012, 10:10 PM

It's not, but people are racist against Asians and other minorities in the NBA.

305Baller
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Lend of the road?

Dwyane Rose
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1001942/linblocks.gif

linZoMourning
linsanity will never die only multiply

CelticBaller
03-12-2012, 10:13 PM
he's dead

CLTHornets4eva
03-12-2012, 10:14 PM
It's all due to the bullshit NYC media. :oldlol:

It's dead. :banana:

Droid101
It used to be high pick and roll with Chandler, then hit him or Shump or Fields cutting, or Novak for the three. Linsanity.

Now that Melo is back they aren't running the bread and butter play that made the win streak possible. Hell, the same players aren't even on the court at the same time anymore.

Trade Melo now.

disel
He was greatly overrated to begin with. he is made in the ny media machine. He is a Mo Williams type player but the NY made him out tyo be a Rose, Nash, Paul, Westbrook, Lowry, Rondo and etc calibare player

305Baller
03-12-2012, 10:16 PM
He was greatly overrated to begin with. he is made in the ny media machine. He is a Mo Williams type player but the NY made him out tyo be a Rose, Nash, Paul, Westbrook, Lowry, Rondo and etc calibare player

don't forget Nash. Lin played great, cmon now....

FindingTim
03-12-2012, 10:17 PM

Lin has great court vision, he isn't afraid of physical contact, and he's very athletic (movements remind me of D-Rose) <--- yeh, I said it

Mo Williams seems like a totally different player to me :confusedshrug:

The Choken One
03-12-2012, 10:18 PM
still lol'ing at all the dbags who thought he was a top 10 guard.

brb, no clue about basketball.

Droid101
03-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Well, all the racists in here clearly didn't watch the games before and after Melo came back. The entire offense is different now.

outbreak
03-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Well, all the racists in here clearly didn't watch the games before and after Melo came back. The entire offense is different now.

That's true, but you also have to acknowledge Lin had a license to take as many shots as he wanted. During linsanity he still wasn't very efficient and defences relaxed on him. He has the same flaws now as he had then, only difference is back then he was taking more shots.

Fatstogie
03-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Shooting 30% on high volume shooting, as many turnovers as assists, over 5 turnovers AGAIN, man that Lin is torching it, he's like Steve Nash only better!

Wow the Knicks suck.
Melo and amare are jus tstanding still. So Lin doesnt pass to them. They are the reason they are losing, quite obviously. But they are the big money so no one is supposed to say it. Look at this comback right now. Lin working and Melo trying to Iso and Amare just standing still looking for a long jumper.

Someone needs to reign those fools in. They are the ones dragging the knicks down.

outbreak
03-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Melo and amare are jus tstanding still. So Lin doesnt pass to them. They are the reason they are losing, quite obviously. But they are the big money so no one is supposed to say it. Look at this comback right now. Lin working and Melo trying to Iso and Amare just standing still looking for a long jumper.

Someone needs to reign those fools in. They are the ones dragging the knicks down.

Lins the pg running the offence. If that's not what he wants he should be letting his team mates know what they should be doing and what he's looking to run on this trip down. Watch Rondo/Nash whoever you want and their constantly communicating to their team mates who act accordingly. May just be that Lin needs a training camp and time to get to know the NBA game but he needs to start taking on the generalship. I'm not a hater, i don't think his bad but he is like any other rookie and has alot to learn still. He's been overhyped and hopefully it won't stunt his development as it has with other hyped up prospects.

Dwyane Rose
03-12-2012, 10:48 PM
still lol'ing at all the dbags who thought he was a top 10 guard.

brb, no clue about basketball.

Lin > Kobe

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/linpunch.gif

305Baller
03-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Lin > Kobe

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/linpunch.gif

:D

FKAri
03-12-2012, 10:50 PM

lol no they didnt. youre the moron for thinking that

you prolly think 2012 is real cuz u heard "scientists" talkin bout it on the tee vee. :lol

Lebron23
03-12-2012, 11:47 PM
lol no they didnt. youre the moron for thinking that

you prolly think 2012 is real cuz u heard "scientists" talkin bout it on the tee vee. :lol

:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

eazyduzzit10
03-12-2012, 11:56 PM
So you accuse everyone that is hating on Lin of being racist? :facepalm GTFOH. The shit some people say is ridiculous. Is it too much to say that he's not as good as the media made him out to be. He's no scrub by any means, but he's also shown he doesn't belong with the elite

The Choken One
03-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Lin > Kobe

[IMG]http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/linpunch.gif[IMG]
You must of been one of them...strong basketball knowledge on the ISH.

305Baller
03-12-2012, 11:57 PM
So you accuse everyone that is hating on Lin of being racist? :facepalm GTFOH. The shit some people say is ridiculous. Is it too much to say that he's not as good as the media made him out to be. He's no scrub by any means, but he's also shown he doesn't belong with the elite

Lin, elite?

:roll:

Cali Syndicate
03-12-2012, 11:59 PM
That's true, but you also have to acknowledge Lin had a license to take as many shots as he wanted. During linsanity he still wasn't very efficient and defences relaxed on him. He has the same flaws now as he had then, only difference is back then he was taking more shots.

He was shooting like 50% from the field. He may have not taken care of the ball very well but he was pretty damn efficient.

strifed169
03-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Lin played pretty good D on rose early on in the game, he had 3 / 3 blocks/steals ffs, btw I was surprised how taller he was than Rose, looks weird lol

Sarcastic
03-13-2012, 12:02 AM

Nah, Linsanity died on this play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r4kj7BUJFCc

Kingwillball
03-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Anyone Ever think that Yes While some of the Leagues Elite Teams and PG's have Exposed him a Bit he is also for all intents and Purposes a Rookie and Will only Get BETTER with More Experience.. He can Definitely improve on his TO's and getting his Shot more Consistent form the Outside.. He can Very Easily be an 18 and 9 Type of PG which is More than Serviceable..

eazyduzzit10
03-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Lin, elite?

:roll:
I said he's shown he doesn't belong with the elite

305Baller
03-13-2012, 12:12 AM
I said he's shown he doesn't belong with the elite

And I laugh at the notion that he should even be considered as belonging with the elite.

Elite players show greatness at a consistent level, not 1, not 2, but 3, 4 years...

:lol

hito da god
03-13-2012, 12:14 AM
during the entire Linsanity run i don't remember hearing a single TV/radio/newspaper analyst say that Lin was an elite point guard.

mikek85
03-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Lin's a rookie f'ck off man. And he's a damn good rookie.

TOUCH MY BODY
03-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Linsanity is never dead. He is a legend :bowdown:

bballbball
03-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Stop hatin'.

eeeeeebro
03-13-2012, 02:34 AM
i think lin played terrible.. there was times when teamates were calling for the ball and he didnt even give the rock... The whole knicks team is good they just need a real coach.... they might not even need a coach but the plays just are not there. its like a 1 pass try to score its not even good basketball being played out there..

bballbball
03-13-2012, 02:37 AM
he didn't play terrible. shut the hell up.

IamRAMBO24
03-13-2012, 02:46 AM
LOL at the OP. What a moron.

Lin is practically a rookie. Rookies don't die dipsh*t, they evolve. Stop talking about him like he is Tracy Mcgrady. F*ckin idiot.

SacJB Shady
03-13-2012, 02:55 AM
Jeremy Lin will still be the most famous basketball player and make the all star team every year due to his asian popularity....

And there isn't a THING you can do about it. Whether he wins or loses, you will be talking about him just like you are right now. And there isn't a thing you can do about it.

LockoutOver11
03-13-2012, 04:11 AM
woah, i just saw the nice block he had on rose.

IamRAMBO24
03-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Jeremy Lin will still be the most famous basketball player and make the all star team every year due to his asian popularity....

And there isn't a THING you can do about it. Whether he wins or loses, you will be talking about him just like you are right now. And there isn't a thing you can do about it.

This is true.

F*ck the haters. They're just stupid because of one reason: he's a rookie. Period.

You can say someone will go downhill once they pass their prime, suffer an injury, or end up as a lazy chump with emotional personal issues *cough* Odom.

You can say someone has lost it if there is NOT another variable (Melo) hurting their game.

How the f*ck do you know for sure the kid is not legit if these are the factors?

He needs to work on his dribble; this is not a surprise, but how easy is that? Grab a couple of tennis balls, put some weights on his legs, go commando to let his balls flow, and voila! 5 more years of constant hard work and he'll dribble as good as Gilbert Arenas with 3 hands.

The problem with the Knicks is not Lin, Novak, Chandler, etc. The problem is probably mainly Melo and Amare, and perhaps coach. When you have 2 lazy all stars dictating the system, and the coach wanting to play things differently, you will have an ass f*ck for all. When D'antonio had a bunch of scrubs and Lin, at least he had players who will f*ckin listen to him and do what he says; when he has two egotistical full of sh*t over paid players who don't want to do a goddamn thing on defense or play within the system, then you will have a problem bigger than having Fisher at point guard.

Lin is not the problem; Linsanity was the best thing to happen to the NBA this year; how the f*ck can you as an NBA fan not enjoy the story behind it all? It's a great story; it meant dumbas* rookie noob ball players like you can actually have a chance if you worked hard and wait for your opportunity. First time in history you did not have to be an over hyped piece of sh*t to make it in the league.

That's a great story. Stop hating. Love the story for what it is. If you don't like it, then go f*ck yourself and take up badminton because you sure as hell do not like basketball.

bballbball
03-13-2012, 04:23 AM
woah, i just saw the nice block he had on rose.

He had 3 of those altogether.

LakersReign
03-13-2012, 05:31 AM

You sound just as stupid and delusional as lebron23. You really need to stop posting:facepalm

eazyduzzit10
03-13-2012, 08:00 AM
during the entire Linsanity run i don't remember hearing a single TV/radio/newspaper analyst say that Lin was an elite point guard.
People have been calling for Melo and amare to be traded and to build around Lin ever since he blew up. That right there is putting him up with the elite if you want to get rid of your elite players to build a team around them. Say what you want about Melo and Amare this season, but they're still considered elite players

jrong
03-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Lin played a solid game last night. Hung in there and competed with Rose and even made him look pretty bad on several plays. Rose eventually got the better of him just because of the sheer number of FGs he put up, but I thought Lin was gonna get taken apart. However, that didn't happen.

Now that the dust is settling, it's looking like Lin isn't an all-star calibre PG, but the kid can still play the game.

Shepseskaf
03-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Now that the dust is settling, it's looking like Lin isn't an all-star calibre PG, but the kid can still play the game.
Agreed. His place in the league is now secure.

Lin obviously still has a lot to learn, and at least he'll have the opportunity to do so, rather than running in the D-League or some other league.

His ceiling is probably that of an above average scoring point guard. Not an all-star, but a valuable, consistent contributor.

Eric Cartman
03-13-2012, 08:30 AM
http://i30.tinypic.com/11gm3rd.jpg

GOBB
03-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Lin is not a rookie. Now we're introducing MLB rules here? :oldlol:

Blue&Orange
03-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Lin played a solid game last night. Hung in there and competed with Rose and even made him look pretty bad on several plays. Rose eventually got the better of him just because of the sheer number of FGs he put up, but I thought Lin was gonna get taken apart. However, that didn't happen.

Lin was embarrassed in a couple of games, what he did? He figured it out that what he was doing on defense wasn't enough, he adjusted and he improved. You can't ask more from a player. I wish Amare could do the same.

Glide2keva
03-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Lin's a rookie f'ck off man. And he's a damn good rookie.
No, he isn't a rookie. This is his second year.

Grey Dawn
03-13-2012, 09:07 AM
LOL at the OP. What a moron.

Lin is practically a rookie. Rookies don't die dipsh*t, they evolve. Stop talking about him like he is Tracy Mcgrady. F*ckin idiot.

The Linsanity level of attention he got has been a whole lot more than 'just some almost rookie', so now everyone who joined the linsanely stupid amount of hype can't go back on that.

Also, on the racism thing, and also 'hating' Lin, the thing to hate here isn't Lin himself it's the stupid and drastically overkill reaction to a relatively unknown player. And his being 'Asian-American' is one of the main reasons the hype got to the stupid level it did. There are so many Asians out there in the world desperate for an All-star calibre Asian NBA player to cheer for. With Ming gone, once they got a tiny little taste of it they went over the top nuts over him. This is not a racist statement, simply demographics and economics.

The NBA is racist for promoting the guy so much because he is Asian and Asian fans are racist for liking him so much primarily because he is Asian.

P.S. So Sundiata Gaines from last year would have Millions of $$$ in endorsement deals like Lin now does if only he was Asian.

Glide2keva
03-13-2012, 09:08 AM
It's funny how when Bulls fans defend our team and Rose, we're called annoying, homers, dick riders, etc.

All I'm seeing here is excuses being made for Lin by Knicks homers and it's all good.

Gotta love the ISH double standard.

TheTruth11
03-13-2012, 09:43 AM

Lin was 4 for 11. Rose was 12 of 29. Rose did not have his #2 scorer (Deng) and was missing several key players to help carry the scoring load. Rose had to shoot and he did. Rose had to score and he did. Rose was off from the field a bit for him (was also getting hacked left and right and was not getting the calls - he is just so strong and powerful that the refs don't see it because he maintains balance) but Rose still did what he had to do - score! He also had 6 rebounds and 7 assists for good measure.... and made key buckets when his team needed him to.

Do not make it seem like Rose played better merely because Rose took more shots. Rose played better PERIOD. The block that Lin had on Rose.... Rose blew right by him. Lin essentially made a "recovery" block. Good play by Lin but as I said, he was blown by.

Look, Lin had a decent game.... solid. It was good to see him finally cut down on the turnovers and he seemed to play within himself much better. This was something he can build from. I like his potential and I like what he brings to the game overall. But don't try and diminish another player for Lin's sake. And especially do not try to diminish a player who clearly played a better game. Lin's time will come.

Bricklayer
03-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Linsanity is definitely not dead. Unless you're expecting Jeremy Lin to drop 20 and 10 every game (which would easily put him in "elite" status), then yeah, you might be a little disappointed. And yes, the fact that he's Asian has certainly contributed to the "shock" factor of Linsanity. But that's because no Asian point guard has done what he's doing.

During the height of Linsanity, he averaged 24 points and 9 assists. Those are elite numbers and he did it for 7 games. In the 12 games since, he's still averaging 18 and 8. So this is where the OP is wrong: He's basically saying the hype doesn't match his performance. If you honestly thought Jeremy Lin would even be averaging 18 and 8, you're lying. No one expected anything more than 3 or 4 points and 1 assist in 6 or 7 minutes of garbage time from him this season. Rajon Rondo, an all-star, is averaging 14 points and 10 assists this season.

At the very least, Lin has proven he's a solid player and is worthy of the minutes he's getting. To me, the most impressive thing is that he went from not playing at all to learning and running an up-tempo offense without any preparation whatsoever. This guy is here for good.

hito da god
03-13-2012, 12:03 PM
People have been calling for Melo and amare to be traded and to build around Lin ever since he blew up. That right there is putting him up with the elite if you want to get rid of your elite players to build a team around them. Say what you want about Melo and Amare this season, but they're still considered elite players
as a knick fan i want STAT gone because he is a one-dimensional player who scores and doesn't give a crap about anything else. he doesn't do a single other basketball skill at an even average level. STAT has NEVER been an elite player in this league, please don't kid yourself.

the residual effects of jeremy lin's game have a much more positive effect on team success than that of STAT's game... and he's not even an all-star caliber point guard; it's more because he plays the game the right way. i wrote this in the knick forum:

interesting STAT:

since amar'e has been in the league, whatever team he's been on has ranked fourth or worse in giving up offensive rebounds. the only two seasons that he ranked better than fourth were his first two years where phoenix was the 8th and 9th worst team in the league in terms of offensive rebounds. what a clown.

the proof is in the pudding:
http://basketballreference.com/leagues/leaguelist.htm

the fact that he doesn't even try to box out has a horrible residual effect on his teams. rebounds he or somebody else could gobble up if he would only box out turn into easy buckets for the other team... that could potentially be a six point swing; that's worse than an and 1 but this guy is a great player? he's one dimensional; the only thing he can do is score and he's not even a top tier KD/kobe/melo level scorer.

if at all possible, get this guy the f*ck off of the team STAT.

GOBB
03-13-2012, 12:08 PM
It's funny how when Bulls fans defend our team and Rose, we're called annoying, homers, dick riders, etc.

All I'm seeing here is excuses being made for Lin by Knicks homers and it's all good.

There is no ISH double standard. You're only seeing what you want to see. :oldlol:

Its not even NYK fans for the most part hyping up Lin. So the hype isnt pinpointed on a fanbase.

Walker
03-13-2012, 12:15 PM
When they were winning it was all Lin, now they're losing and it's everyone but Lin?

All the bellends that bought into the Linsanity business only have themselves to blame when people rip on him(and in turn them) for poor play. You overhype a stretch of good games you'd better damn well expect overly negative reactions to bad ones.

Interwebz 101 people.

tontoz
03-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Over his last 5 games Lin is averaging 16/8 shooting 40%. That isn't bad but obviously a long way from where he was. Certainly nothing to panic over.

kurple
03-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I like how Melo is blamed yet when you watch Lin when Melo is off the court? You see the same thing. So how is it Melo fault? It was only a matter of time because teams, coaches watched film and a scouting report was made on him. No one respects his jumper, only his drive. They stay home when Lin drives because what he does is when he attacks and doesnt get his shot off? He'll stop, spin and look to pass or do that lil fadeaway shot hoping it goes in. Rinse and repeat. The times he attacks and score is when NYK swing the ball, and Lin's man is recovering but plays the shot and Lin burst to the rim.

Its not hard to make Lin throw a bad pass. Its not hard to play him aggressive and watch him pick up his dribble then look for help. Thus totally having you reset the entire offensive set. Watch when Lin is played aggressive even when the ball is inbounded. Often a NYK will have to sit back and screen that man off.

Scouting reports people...blame Melo all you want. Players have them and it allows a player/team to find ways on defending him.

Still a solid player so I also dont buy the extreme negative feedback he gets. But to think he wouldnt struggle not because he's having a bad day, moreso that teams have adjusted to his game finally? Well you are foolish.
What i dont get is how so many people who i consider smart (especially basketball wise) didnt understand that this would happen eventually from the beginning

Godzuki
03-13-2012, 12:32 PM
i-still-got-your-back-Lin!!...all-these-haters-having-been-waiting-a-month-not-saying-shit-until-now-to-step-on-you-but-i-still-believe!!!!!1:bowdown:

Godzuki
03-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Lin was 4 for 11. Rose was 12 of 29. Rose did not have his #2 scorer (Deng) and was missing several key players to help carry the scoring load. Rose had to shoot and he did. Rose had to score and he did. Rose was off from the field a bit for him (was also getting hacked left and right and was not getting the calls - he is just so strong and powerful that the refs don't see it because he maintains balance) but Rose still did what he had to do - score! He also had 6 rebounds and 7 assists for good measure.... and made key buckets when his team needed him to.

Do not make it seem like Rose played better merely because Rose took more shots. Rose played better PERIOD. The block that Lin had on Rose.... Rose blew right by him. Lin essentially made a "recovery" block. Good play by Lin but as I said, he was blown by.

Look, Lin had a decent game.... solid. It was good to see him finally cut down on the turnovers and he seemed to play within himself much better. This was something he can build from. I like his potential and I like what he brings to the game overall. But don't try and diminish another player for Lin's sake. And especially do not try to diminish a player who clearly played a better game. Lin's time will come.

Rose-also-has-the-help-of-a-much-better-coached-team....with-better-defensive-bigs

Rose-also-got-shit-on-by-Lin's-defense-in-the-1st-half....

Knicks-have-been-and-still-are-blowing-TONS-of-easy-lay-ins....JR-barely-even-played-even-tho-he's-been-horrible-of-late....i-mean-i-can-make-excuses-all-day-too....

anyways-its-funny-how-butthurt-Rose-and-Bulls-fans-got-last-night-in-a-game-they-were-taking-as-a-joke-going-into-it:applause:

Kingwillball
03-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I believe the Dragon will Rise Again... :bowdown:

Blue&Orange
03-13-2012, 12:38 PM
What i dont get is how so many people who i consider smart (especially basketball wise) didnt understand that this would happen eventually from the beginning
The "this would happen eventually" is wrong, for them that part hasn't happened... the only reason Lin isn't dominating it's because of Melo.

Godzuki
03-13-2012, 12:40 PM

thats-because-ya'll-are-only-second-to-Kobe-fans-in-terms-of-homer-annoying...which-has-been-going-on-for-years...

Lin-fans-have-only-been-at-it-a-month~

ya'll-just-hate-on-somebody-that-isn't-black-that-can't-jump-super-high-and-doesn't-have-tats...admit-it-thats-the-real-reason-why-so-many-of-you-have-been-waiting-so-long-for-him-to-fail.

kurple
03-13-2012, 12:48 PM
The "this would happen eventually" is wrong, for them that part hasn't happened... the only reason Lin isn't dominating it's because of Melo.
BS

it's just a lame exuce.. and knicks fans turning on melo when he needs support is a damn shame.

he's either a top 3 player or a cancer too you guys

Nick Young
03-13-2012, 12:53 PM
thats-because-ya'll-are-only-second-to-Kobe-fans-in-terms-of-homer-annoying...which-has-been-going-on-for-years...

ya'll-just-hate-on-somebody-that-isn't-black-that-can't-jump-super-high-and-doesn't-have-tats...admit-it-thats-the-real-reason-why-so-many-of-you-have-been-waiting-so-long-for-him-to-fail.
Lawl, Asian kid defending an Asian kid right here. I thought you were 6'5" and black Godzuki!?!:confusedshrug:

DGARAS
03-13-2012, 12:56 PM
BS

it's just a lame exuce.. and knicks fans turning on melo when he needs support is a damn shame.

he's been a cancer to me since a rookie if that counts for anything. look at my history and you'll see that i was one of the only fans saying it would kill this team.

chauzer
03-13-2012, 01:08 PM
cool story bro

tomtucker
03-13-2012, 01:16 PM

both you and poodles keyboard are broken ? :eek: bad quality PC

kurple
03-13-2012, 01:25 PM
he's been a cancer to me since a rookie if that counts for anything. look at my history and you'll see that i was one of the only fans saying it would kill this team.
i dont and i've followed him pretty close his entire career

LakersReign
03-13-2012, 01:35 PM
BS

What kills me, is these are the same people who LOVE to diss Laker/Kobe fans. Proposing trading Melo cuz Lin had a few good games in a ONE short season, has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard from people who claim to know basketball.:hammerhead:

GMAC
03-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Only 15-20 games into his 'rookie' year. Isn't it a bit early to call him a bust? I'm sure Lin and the coaching staff know what his exact weaknesses are and lucky, every one of these weaknesses can be corrected with a full summer plus training camp.

Keep in mind, the improvement he made this past off-season was the result of his personal work ethic, as the Lockout made it impossible for his team to work with him. Think what an entire summer with an NBA caliber training staff can do for him.

Alamo
03-13-2012, 02:16 PM
I believe the Dragon will Rise Again... :bowdown:

For another 5 game streak next season?

Killbot
03-13-2012, 02:22 PM

Wow the Knicks suck.

I like how you weren't posting much at all when Lin did good.

IGOTGAME
03-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Only 15-20 games into his 'rookie' year. Isn't it a bit early to call him a bust? I'm sure Lin and the coaching staff know what his exact weaknesses are and lucky, every one of these weaknesses can be corrected with a full summer plus training camp.

Keep in mind, the improvement he made this past off-season was the result of his personal work ethic, as the Lockout made it impossible for his team to work with him. Think what an entire summer with an NBA caliber training staff can do for him.

if his work ethic is so extraordinary he would have made these improvements before age 23. Right now he gets by based a lot on athletic ability. His skill game isn't polished at all...so please spare me the superior work ethic stuff.

TheAesirsFinest
03-13-2012, 03:12 PM
if his work ethic is so extraordinary he would have made these improvements before age 23. Right now he gets by based a lot on athletic ability. His skill game isn't polished at all...so please spare me the superior work ethic stuff.

:oldlol: Uh huh.

Please explain to me how his skill game isn't polished. I agree he has work to do, but I want to know what problems you believe he has.

IGOTGAME
03-13-2012, 03:15 PM
:oldlol: Uh huh.

Please explain to me how his skill game isn't polished. I agree he has work to do, but I want to know what problems you believe he has.

he is not a consistent jumpshooter and he has a bad handle for his position. He can't make essential passes while going left and lacks the ability to read a variety of defenses.

He makes up for this because he has a very fast first step and has the body control to finish through contact.

Go Getter
03-13-2012, 03:22 PM
he is not a consistent jumpshooter and he has a bad handle for his position. He can't make essential passes while going left and lacks the ability to read a variety of defenses.

He makes up for this because he has a very fast first step and has the body control to finish through contact.

He's good all-around for an NBA point guard but when you're talking being a full-time starter his skill set isn't as impressive as the top-tier guys. I think at his peak, when everything averages out he could be a respectable starter if he works hard or a super sub most likely.

I agree that if he doesn't have a left by now he might not ever have one.

Dude has played literally thousands of hours balling/practicing and if it hasn't developed yet it won't.