PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard said Tuesday that he wants to stay with Magic this season

RazorBaLade
03-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Dwight Howard said tonight he's informed Magic he wants to stay for rest of season. Said they now must "roll the dice."

https://twitter.com/#!/JoshuaBRobbins
https://twitter.com/#!/WallaceNBA_ESPN

posted 2 diff sources for u guys

PHaYze
03-13-2012, 11:04 PM
lol @ that bullshit. he's leaving, magic better trade his ass

GatorKid117
03-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Not up to him.

chazzy
03-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Woj's story coming to fruition. Makes sense for him.. don't know why he was demanding the trade in the first place. Just sign with NJ this summer without gutting their assets.

@WallaceNBA_ESPN: Dwight Howard said tonight he's informed Magic he wants to stay for rest of season. Said they now must "roll the dice."

Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine
Should be clear by now Dwight wants to finish season in ORL so he can opt out in July and head straight to Brooklyn w/out Nets being gutted

David Aldridge ‏ @daldridgetnt
Dwight saying he wants to stay in Orlando=Dwight leaving Orlando on July 1 & going to Nets/Dallas, who didn't have to blow up rosters 4 him.

outbreak
03-13-2012, 11:07 PM
if he hasn't opted into his final year he's just trying to ensure the Nets don't have to lose pieces to obtain him.

Clippersfan86
03-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Convenient of him. Magic should absolutely trade him so they don't lose him for nothing.

outbreak
03-13-2012, 11:10 PM
If they do roll the dice and he leaves, he realises doing something like this will make him another hated player in the nba doesn't he?

StacksOnDeck
03-13-2012, 11:10 PM
He knows what he's doing. He's purposely screwing over Orlando and Orlando can't be naive enough to believe he will re-sign. Oh well.

chazzy
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Bruce Arthur ‏ @bruce_arthur
If Orlando doesn't trade Dwight now, they're the guy who thinks that stripper really likes them.

lol

bmulls
If they do roll the dice and he leaves, he realises doing something like this will make him another hated player in the nba doesn't he?

Yeah, if he really did say this and he ends up walking away and the Magic get nothing he is a gigantic as*hole

BGriffin's Dad
you should add this to the end of your thread title..

"until the end of the season when he'll leave in FA"

Kiddlovesnets
03-13-2012, 11:13 PM
I love how he says 'for the rest of the season'.
:lol

Zackmorris
So that basically translate into "I want the Nets to keep their team intact when I sign there"

RaininTwos
trade this dude already....

longtime lurker
03-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Orlando's screwed he's a goner :oldlol:

305Baller
03-13-2012, 11:15 PM
I would have traded his ass in the preseason.

outbreak
If Otis doesn't trade Howard now i'm going to be forming a lynch mob...

Tenchi Ryu
Orlando better trade dat ass, don't let him stab you in the back. At least get something this time.

Zackmorris
03-13-2012, 11:16 PM

Start forming early.:lol

chazzy
trade me already....
fixed

AMISTILLILL
Staying works in favor of both Howard and the Magic. The Magic get to keep the pieces they like (guys like Redick, Anderson, etc.) if Howard walks. Howard learned from New York's example, where a quality roster was depleted in exchange for one star player. He can sign with Dallas this summer and the only pieces they lose would be guys like Haywood.

While I'm sure Orlando would prefer to keep Howard, they both have to know it's not going to happen. If Monta Ellis was their big attempt to woo Howard, that ship has sailed. Unless they pull Josh Smith out of a hat, Howard's gone.

Kingwillball
Beating the Heat Probably bought the Magic the rest of the season..

niko
03-13-2012, 11:17 PM
You still can get some value easily. Call the Lakers and the Mavs and say "make an offer". Whichever is higher you bring to the nets and say "if you don't make a move we send him there, good luck that he doesn't remain since we didn't gut their teams".

It's easy.

305Baller
03-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Orlando better trade dat ass, don't let him stab you in the back. At least get something this time.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1776611_o.gif

maybeshewill13
03-13-2012, 11:18 PM

May as well get to it now.. they won't trade him. You'll be like the Cavs of last year (and still have Turks contract).

RaininTwos
fixed
:roll:

you were there for that? I totally thought that was before your time lol.

StacksOnDeck
Staying works in favor of both Howard and the Magic. The Magic get to keep the pieces they like (guys like Redick, Anderson, etc.) if Howard walks. Howard learned from New York's example, where a quality roster was depleted in exchange for one star player. He can sign with Dallas this summer and the only pieces they lose would be guys like Haywood.

While I'm sure Orlando would prefer to keep Howard, they both have to know it's not going to happen. If Monta Ellis was their big attempt to woo Howard, that ship has sailed. Unless they pull Josh Smith out of a hat, Howard's gone.

So instead of getting the 2nd best C who's 3rd in double doubles, just dropped a 37/16 game and is an auto 20/10 guy, Orlando is better off by... letting Dwight go? They won't even come close to getting signing a FA when Dwight leaves for nothing. Makes no sense to me.

BGriffin's Dad
i'm going to LOL when they lose him for nothing

Lakers fans complained about losing Odom but at least they got a TPE and a pick for him... Orlando losing Dwight in the summer, on the other hand...

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/288/tn_1235245586270.jpg

NoGunzJustSkillz
What a bunch of bull-sht. Stern needs to look deep into this and I bet you Orlando management will be all over his asss. Everybody thought LeBron was an idiot when he did his decision on ESPN. This ordeal makes LeBron look like a genius. At least he wasn't dumb enough to let it leak where he was headed in the off-season. I really feel bad for Orlando and I think Dwight Howard is a piece of fcking sht.

O_City_Thunder
Dwight thinks he's slick and they probably gonna fall for it.

bmulls
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM
What a bunch of bull-sht. Stern needs to look deep into this and I bet you Orlando management will be all over his asss. Everybody thought LeBron was an idiot when he did his decision on ESPN. This ordeal makes LeBron look like a genius. At least he wasn't dumb enough to let it leak where he was headed in the off-season. I really feel bad for Orlando and I think Dwight Howard is a piece of fcking sht.

I agree I am starting to really dislike Howard. His goofy ass face makes it even worse.

niko
03-13-2012, 11:20 PM
That's another thing they could threaten, to file tampering charges. They let his agent talk with the nets about contract,not about colluding to screw over Orlando.

If the Magic act like they are screwed and do nothing i'll be surprised at how big a bunch of ******* they are.

AMISTILLILL
You still can get some value easily. Call the Lakers and the Mavs and say "make an offer". Whichever is higher you bring to the nets and say "if you don't make a move we send him there, good luck that he doesn't remain since we didn't gut their teams".

It's easy.

Orlando doesn't want what the Lakers are offering, and the Lakers refuse to give up Gasol and Bynum together. Dallas has absolutely nothing to offer that Orlando could want. Their guards are all aging, and the two young guards they have missed tons of games with injuries in the last couple seasons. Dirk is off limits, and Marion/Odom/Haywood wouldn't land Howard in Dallas.

Kiddlovesnets

The difference is that Lebron did not even know where he would be going to until Miami recruited Chris Bosh, Dwight is quite determined already,

NoGunzJustSkillz
So instead of getting the 2nd best C who's 3rd in double doubles, just dropped a 37/16 game and is an auto 20/10 guy, Orlando is better off by... letting Dwight go? They won't even come close to getting signing a FA when Dwight leaves for nothing. Makes no sense to me.
I'm convinced Dwight has been bullying Orlando management this entire time. He doesn't want to sign with LA, he only wants NJ. It is clear as day now, Orlando's hands were tied this entire time by Dwight's demands.

StateOfMind12
03-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Magic are better off having him walk then taking on trash players like Brook Lopez anyways.

Magic are honestly good enough to beat the Heat in a 7 game series mainly because they are a matchup problem for Miami. They should just see what happens from here and if Dwight wants to walk then let him walk and get much more cap room.

There is no deal that is honestly appealing to me if I was a Magic fan. The Lakers one involving Bynum would be the only one but there is no Nets deal that I would be interested in.

niko
03-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Orlando doesn't want what the Lakers are offering, and the Lakers refuse to give up Gasol and Bynum together. Dallas has absolutely nothing to offer that Orlando could want. Their guards are all aging, and the two young guards they have missed tons of games with injuries in the last couple seasons. Dirk is off limits, and Marion/Odom/Haywood wouldn't land Howard in Dallas.
Why not? Trade for Marion, Odom, Haywood. Put that on the table and say Nets ,**** YOU - make an offer or we send him to Dallas and you hope he can't pull Deron over to him instead.

Start a bidding situation.

Do nothing and let Dwight **** them us the ass strikes me as the last thing id do, but im neither an idiot nor a ballless idiot like otis smith.

AMISTILLILL
03-13-2012, 11:23 PM

It doesn't have to make sense. This is a historically proven moronic front office we're talking about, first of all. Second, in that same vein of moronic logic, Orlando likely believes they can draft well like Oklahoma City or something. Not every team becomes a success story overnight simply with free agency. Just look at New York.

With or without Bynum, Orlando is entering a serious cold period. That's unavoidable.

NBA2k-Monster23
03-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Congrats Orlando you guys are about to get butt raped by Dwight and Congrats to NJ on the deal with Dwight. You guys won the battle..

PHaYze
03-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Knicks should offer Amare, even if Howard leaves after the season they have some serious cap space.

bmulls
03-13-2012, 11:25 PM
The Lakers aren't offering Bynum unless Dwight agrees to sign an extension. It's pretty clear at this point that he's blocked the Lakers trade

ClutchOver9000
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
poor Magic....Dwight's really doing his former team dirty...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM

fcuk u ...u mutha fcuking hater....

lakers are not even going to trade Bynum for this mutha fcuking drama queen Dwight pus$sy a$s b1tch....

forget about Pau + Bynum for this overrated a$$

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Magic are better off having him walk then taking on trash players like Brook Lopez anyways.

Magic are honestly good enough to beat the Heat in a 7 game series mainly because they are a matchup problem for Miami. They should just see what happens from here and if Dwight wants to walk then let him walk and get much more cap room.

There is no deal that is honestly appealing to me if I was a Magic fan. The Lakers one involving Bynum would be the only one but there is no Nets deal that I would be interested in.
yeah, but then you have time to flip brook lopez for something.

lilgodfather1
I hope Orlando gets nothing in return. Magic fans were some of the most vocal when we lost LeBron, it would just be karma for them to get less than a TPE and some crappy picks.

RidonKs
in other words: "I'm staying in Orlando... until I'm allowed to leave Orlando"

G-Funk
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM
hahaha now thats a dick move!

AMISTILLILL
Why not? Trade for Marion, Odom, Haywood. Put that on the table and say Nets ,**** YOU - make an offer or we send him to Dallas and you hope he can't pull Deron over to him instead.

Do nothing and let Dwight **** them us the ass strikes me as the last thing id do, but im neither an idiot nor a ballless idiot like otis smith.

Because New Jersey almost certainly realizes that's a bluff. They might be a bottom feeder, but they're not grotesquely stupid. They realize Orlando isn't jazzed about the prospect of bringing back Odom, with one foot in retirement, Haywood, an ugly contract for his current production, and Marion, a quality player but nowhere near his level of effectiveness in previous years. Two out of three of those guys could be out of the league before they even finish their contracts.

Don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying... I just don't think starting a bidding war between Dallas and New Jersey is going to be terribly effective. Especially when both teams realize Orlando has their back against the wall, with the trade deadline days away and the fear of being the next 2010-2011 Cleveland Cavaliers team looming on the horizon.

oh the horror
Im sorry but Orlando is stupid if they do not move this jackass immediately.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-13-2012, 11:29 PM

haha and you know cuban has the balls to threaten tampering charges if dwight bolts.

AMISTILLILL
fcuk u ...u mutha fcuking hater....

lakers are not even going to trade Bynum for this mutha fcuking drama queen Dwight pus$sy a$s b1tch....

forget about Pau + Bynum for this overrated a$$

Um... okay...

Clippersfan86
Now that he's said this though... he has the power to deter teams from trading for him. Basically being an even bigger bitch and forcing Orlando to lose him for nothing.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
I hope Orlando gets nothing in return. Magic fans were some of the most vocal when we lost LeBron, it would just be karma for them to get less than a TPE and some crappy picks.
Yeah, but now we are starting to see a vicious cycle of top talents leaving their former teams high and dry.

Kiddlovesnets
03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Now that he's said this though... he has the power to deter teams from trading for him. Basically being an even bigger bitch and forcing Orlando to lose him for nothing.

which is smart Id say, the Knicks traded too many assets for Melo and now it came back and haunted them.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-13-2012, 11:31 PM
I don't get it, are you just realizing this?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Um... okay...

ya cause you got nothing better to say? why the fcuk would lakers trade for this flip flop queen Dwight drama queen howard?

they still got the 2nd best....fcuk No 1 offensive center plus 2nd best defensive center in the league

oh the horror
Seriously, is there anyone not losing respect for Dwight at this point?

Kiddlovesnets
Seriously, is there anyone not losing respect for Dwight at this point?

I am not, he's doing everything he can to help his new team, whats wrong with that?
:no:

niko
03-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Because New Jersey almost certainly realizes that's a bluff. They might be a bottom feeder, but they're not grotesquely stupid. They realize Orlando isn't jazzed about the prospect of bringing back Odom, with one foot in retirement, Haywood, an ugly contract for his current production, and Marion, a quality player but nowhere near his level of effectiveness in previous years. Two out of three of those guys could be out of the league before they even finish their contracts.

Don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying... I just don't think starting a bidding war between Dallas and New Jersey is going to be terribly effective. Especially when both teams realize Orlando has their back against the wall, with the trade deadline days away and the fear of being the next 2010-2011 Cleveland Cavaliers team looming on the horizon.

Do nothing is less effective. I'd do what i said, and i'd make the damn trade, they don't have room till then anyway, and they'd have an asset in Marion they could flip plus picks. And with NJ, if they didn't move i'd threaten tampering. There is way too much floating all over for them not to be at least midly worried about a tampering charge.

NBA2k-Monster23

This is the big problem. Orlando is over the salary cap right now because they have huge contracts on that team. If they don't trade Dwight and keep the same players when he leaves in the summer they are going to be stuck with the same players and can't get anybody in free agency because they are over. If LA or somebody else wanted to trade they will take Dwight and a couple of the bad contracts and give up a piece like Bynum or Lopez. It's in the best interest of the team to force a trade.

bmulls
I am not, he's doing everything he can to help his new team, whats wrong with that?

Kiddlovesnets will be an unbearable troll next season, book it.

maybeshewill13
03-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Um... okay...

Rofl that kid's a classic. The stuff he comes up with on that keyboard is so ridiculously uneducated.. it's hilarious.

AMISTILLILL
ya cause you got nothing better to say? why the fcuk would lakers trade for this flip flop queen Dwight drama queen howard?

they still got the 2nd best....fcuk No 1 offensive center plus 2nd best defensive center in the league

Are you nearsighted or something? You do realize I'm arguing AGAINST the person proposing that the Lakers try and trade for Dwight, right? :rolleyes:

Reading comprehension: get into it.

NoGunzJustSkillz
if he was gonna sign with the lakers outright after this season you would undoubtedly have a different opinion. so please, just go away.

oh the horror

Bingo :oldlol:

StacksOnDeck
Dwight is making himself look worse than Bron.

Clippersfan86
I don't get it, are you just realizing this?

I don't get it... do you know how to read? This was just reported an hour ago. With the previous circumstances.... this didn't apply, which is why I posted it :confusedshrug: . Before he was ASKING to be traded.... now he's asking to stay the full season. Which effectively fu**s the Magic

Kiddlovesnets

lol what an insult to compare me to the likes of Knicks fans...
:facepalm

BGriffin's Dad
03-13-2012, 11:34 PM

he's screwing his current team in the process... but i love it :oldlol:

maybeshewill13

Lol you make a valid point. Carmelo got a LOT of flack for making his new team gut themselves for him. If Dwight did the same he'd get a shit tonne of criticism for it.

He can't win either way.

chazzy
It's gonna be hard to trade him now. Teams know where he wants to go and few would give up a lot of valuable pieces without knowing he'll sign an extension. I think Houston was mentioned as one of the teams willing to rent him.

DMAVS41
Please stay Dwight and Deron....

Dallas is waiting....

ClutchOver9000

yep

Kiddlovesnets
03-13-2012, 11:35 PM
if he was gonna sign with the lakers outright after this season you would undoubtedly have a different opinion. so please, just go away.

Well not really, I wont hate him if he signs with the Mavs or Lakers. People make choices, I appreciate the fact that he considers us as top candidate at this moment.
:rockon:

Fiasco
Please send him to China, Otis.

oh the horror

No doubt. The way this is unfolding is a joke, and Orlando's organization is really catering to this dude's nonsense.

MeLO MvP 15
03-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Wow Dwight is a dick. This is him being like, "I don't want to be hated for demanding a trade so I want to leave as a FA so don't trade me even though I don't want to be here and it would be better for you guys." And I think Orlando's management is taking it as, "SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE?!" (Jim Carey voice)....

NoGunzJustSkillz
he's been an unbearable troll ever since the Lakers smacked that assss around in 2002.

niko
He'll be traded to NJ in the next two days. The more i think of it, the more i think Stein is writing in in a way that makes it sound like an ultimatum when it was more "i give up" as in "make the damn trade already".

the magic are stupid if they don't trade him and for the net fans, celebrate it up! i would if i were you.

But one thing for Dwight, NY doesn't like bullshit and i know Dwight doesn't like the media. You better win, win big and win early because that goofy smile and NY are not a good match unless you win.

Clippersfan86
03-13-2012, 11:37 PM
yep

Signs were always there. Lebron was a true professional in Cleveland who was considered a classy guy and a great leader (his teammates testify to this). His problem was he wasn't mentally wanting to be THE guy on his team so he joined up with his buddies. Bit*h move... but not disrespectful. If you take away "The Decision"... it's not even a huge deal.

Dwight on the other hand.... has been all over the place with his demands. Has thrown teammates and coaches under the bus MULTIPLE times (at least 10 times). Has acted like a complete prima donna little bit*h.

outbreak
It's gonna be hard to trade him now. Teams know where he wants to go and few would give up a lot of valuable pieces without knowing he'll sign an extension. I think Houston was mentioned as one of the teams willing to rent him.

Bulls too i herd. They'd have a legit shot at a ring this season and would presumably hold onto either Asik or Noah to replace Howard if he walks.

niko
Well not really, I wont hate him if he signs with the Mavs or Lakers. People make choices, I appreciate the fact that he considers us as top candidate at this moment.
:rockon:
That's such bullshit. Be a man, fes up. Dwight is coming to you and everyone else can **** off. Id respect that.

You are lying like crazy. :lol

chazzy
03-13-2012, 11:38 PM
What do you do if you're NJ at this point? Make a Brook/lotto pick offer and secure Dwight or keep your assets and hope Dwight signs as a FA?

chazzy
03-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Bulls too i herd. They'd have a legit shot at a ring this season and would presumably hold onto either Asik or Noah to replace Howard if he walks.
Nah, the Bulls won't do the trade without a commitment from Dwight

Jameerthefear
03-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Can op change the title, my heart skipped a beat when I first saw this.

AMISTILLILL
03-13-2012, 11:40 PM
The guy labored so much to avoid coming out of this situation looking like LeBron. If he wasn't such a mental midget I'd almost blame his ego, but I genuinely think this guy is extremely immature and cares way too much about 'hurting' people... whether it be fans or individuals in the front office. His fence sitting garbage is actually going to be perceived as WORSE than what LeBron did, simply because he's taken several opportunities to indicate his intentions. At least LeBron skirted the subject, saying he'd hash it out in the summer. Dwight has demanded traded, wavered, wavered again... and now this most recent statement.

Pretty ridiculous.

bmulls
What do you do if you're NJ at this point? Make a Brook/lotto pick offer and secure Dwight or keep your assets and hope Dwight signs as a FA?

http://famous-entrepreneurs.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Mark-Cuban.jpg

Would be hilarious if the Nets thought they would get him for sure and it turns out Mark Cuban was pulling the strings behind this whole thing all along

ClutchOver9000
Signs were always there. Lebron was a true professional in Cleveland who was considered a classy guy and a great leader (his teammates testify to this). His problem was he wasn't mentally wanting to be THE guy on his team so he joined up with his buddies. Bit*h move... but not disrespectful. If you take away "The Decision"... it's not even a huge deal.

Dwight on the other hand.... has been all over the place with his demands. Has thrown teammates and coaches under the bus MULTIPLE times (at least 10 times). Has acted like a complete prima donna little bit*h.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

but on the other hand :cheers: to Nets fans...you guys deserve a legit squad again...

StateOfMind12
03-13-2012, 11:41 PM
You know it would be very funny if he ends up signing an extension with Orlando in the off-season. It would be like the unexpected even though it should be expected because he is going to stay with them for the rest of the season supposedly.

Fiasco
Please send him to Charlotte.

Scholar
I really think Orlando needs to trade Dwight now before it's too late.

DMAVS41
03-13-2012, 11:42 PM

Would be hilarious if the Nets thought they would get him for sure and it turns out Mark Cuban was pulling the strings behind this whole thing all along

That picture is priceless...

Fiasco
03-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Send. Him. To. Charlotte.

Tenchi Ryu
03-13-2012, 11:43 PM
You know it would be very funny if he ends up signing an extension with Orlando in the off-season. It would be like the unexpected even though it should be expected because he is going to stay with them for the rest of the season supposedly.
No, if he chooses the extension AFTER Orlando didn't get him the pieces, it would just prove he cares more about money than winning.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-13-2012, 11:43 PM

that's what i was thinking. cuban throwing smoke screens up every where.

chazzy
03-13-2012, 11:44 PM

Dallas has always been a potential threat. I think you have to trade for him if you're NJ.. not worth the risk of being left with nothing.

mmsupra
03-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Besides Lopez what really the nets gonna give magic ??? Shitty picks?

Kiddlovesnets
03-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Send. Him. To. Charlotte.

lol come on, stop making the same post over and over again. Charlotte is not stupid enough to trade for a pleyer who will definitely not sign with them. Unlike the Lakers and Bulls who just cannot confirm, Bobcats can confirm that they have no chance to extend him.

chazzy
They're in the lotto. If Eric Gordon and Minny's pick is enough to get CP3, then Brook and an ACTUAL lotto pick should yield Dwight lol

DMAVS41
Dallas has always been a potential threat. I think you have to trade for him if you're NJ.. not worth the risk of being left with nothing.

Unless you secretly know he's coming for sure....you have to trade for him. The Mavs could step in and get both Deron and Dwight this off season if things play out a certain way.

NJ is then screwed....

eliteballer
did he REALLY need to carry on this drama for the whole 1st half of the season until now? F*cking clown

TrueRob
I really think Orlando needs to trade Dwight now before it's too late.

Do you think a team will trade with Orlando if Dwight refuses to sign an extension?

Kiddlovesnets
03-13-2012, 11:46 PM

Thats actually an interesting point. If we land Dwight now, the draft picks we send to Orlando will be shitty picks. Otherwise we miss the playoffs and get a lottery pick.

Fiasco
03-13-2012, 11:46 PM
lol come on, stop making the same post over and over again. Charlotte is not stupid enough to trade for a pleyer who will definitely not sign with them. Unlike the Lakers and Bulls who just cannot confirm, Bobcats can confirm that they have no chance to extend him.

Who cares? Charlotte can trade someone like Biyombo for Dwight, and everybody wins except Howard.

Not like the Bobcats are going to do anything this year. But Charlotte fans can watch Howard win some games for them and the Magic get great prospect in Biyombo for the future.

Win-win.

chazzy
03-13-2012, 11:47 PM
I don't get why Dwight demanded a trade in the first place

FindingTim
03-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Charlotte. get it done, Otis.

Fiasco
03-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Charlotte. get it done, Otis.

Hell yes.

Stern
03-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Book Mavs and Heat final for next 3 years :pimp:

Kiddlovesnets
I don't get why Dwight demanded a trade in the first place

To make sure Deron will stay with the Nets and that his potential new teams will not give up too much for him?

NoGunzJustSkillz
Maybe a team wants to clear cap space, you never know. This would be the perfect situation for that.

TrueRob
03-13-2012, 11:50 PM
If I'm Dwight, I'd refuse to sign any extension for any team. I'd want to be in control when I become a FA.

Clippersfan86
I agree about sending him to a sh** team like Charlotte... but the problem with that is Nets/Mavs will just clear cap for him anyways and he will walk. So you're only punishing him for a couple months. That's the issue the Magic front office is having I'm sure.

NBA2k-Monster23
I guess us Lakers fans can pack it in. No Dwight to LA. Congrats to NJ you deserve it. I guess...

Kiddlovesnets
03-13-2012, 11:51 PM
I agree about sending him to a sh** team like Charlotte... but the problem with that is Nets/Mavs will just clear cap for him anyways and he will walk. So you're only punishing him for a couple months. That's the issue the Magic front office is having I'm sure.

I am guessing only the Mavs need to clear caps?

bmulls
03-13-2012, 11:52 PM
If I'm Dwight, I'd refuse to sign any extension for any team. I'd want to be in control when I become a FA.

He could have just said that at the beginning and we could have skipped all this drama and he wouldn't look like a jackass right now

Fiasco
03-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Seriously, Dwight to Charlotte. Get that shit going, Woj.

StateOfMind12
03-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Who cares? Charlotte can trade someone like Biyombo for Dwight, and everybody wins except Howard.

Not like the Bobcats are going to do anything this year. But Charlotte fans can watch Howard win some games for them and the Magic get great prospect in Biyombo for the future.

Win-win.
No, trade him to the Pistons. Charlotte is actually a nice city compared to Detroit.

chazzy
03-13-2012, 11:54 PM
I am guessing only the Mavs need to clear caps?
They'll have space for at least one max, possibly two if they can move Marion or if Dwight/Deron take paycuts

Celtic_Pride
03-13-2012, 11:58 PM
All Mavs need to do is to move Marion before the deadline and they are set for the 3D at Big D!

Dwight, Dirk, Deron. Wow what a scary combination

Kiddlovesnets
03-13-2012, 11:59 PM
All Mavs need to do is to move Marion before the deadline and they are set for the 3D at Big D!

Dwight, Dirk, Deron. Wow what a scary combination

Not really, Dirk only has 1-2 years left...

outbreak
03-14-2012, 12:00 AM
In other news Timberwolves apparently want j-rich and would likely trade beasley

Fiasco
03-14-2012, 12:01 AM
No, trade him to the Pistons. Charlotte is actually a nice city compared to Detroit.

If it were up to me I'd trade him to Mars without a space suit.

miles berg
03-14-2012, 12:02 AM

Dirk has atleast 5 years left.

Minimum.

Stern
03-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Why are clipper fans getting mad? :lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-14-2012, 12:03 AM
many more years as a #3 option...

Fiasco
03-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Why are clipper fans getting mad? :lol

Basketball reasons.

TrueRob
03-14-2012, 12:05 AM
All Dallas has to do is convince Deron to come play in his hometown. I don't think Dwight wants to play for a Nets team without Deron.

Kiddlovesnets
03-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Basketball reasons.

Well without basketball reasons, CP3 is a Laker now.

Fiasco
03-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Well without basketball reasons, CP3 is a Laker now.

I would send CP3 to the Lakers myself if you quit posting forever.

Tenchi Ryu
03-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Brian Schmitz (orlando sentinel) is BLASTING his ass on NBA Tv. He says he feels Howard is playing them, but he feels Orlando sees it as well. He's saying trade his ass ASAP! His agent is trying to be cunning as hell lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-14-2012, 12:10 AM
:lol

Stern
03-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Brian Schmitz (orlando sentinel) is BLASTING his ass on NBA Tv. He says he feels Howard is playing them, but he feels Orlando sees it as well. He's saying trade his ass ASAP! His agent is trying to be cunning as hell lol
That guy is so anti magic. He basically ran shaq out of otown.

chazzy
03-14-2012, 12:11 AM
I like how everyone immediately saw through his bs :lol this plan may backfire

bmulls
03-14-2012, 12:13 AM
I like how everyone immediately saw through his bs :lol this plan may backfire

He might end up having to do a sign and trade just to save his reputation

Celtic_Pride
03-14-2012, 12:14 AM

No. He doesn't even need to rebound with Dwight. A genuine shooter never gets old atleast until late 30s. Even if Dirk is done after few years, Mark Cuban will do anything to win championships!

Image Dwight and Dirk together. Both the bigs can take and score over almost everyone in this league 1 on 1

It's really impossible to guard them

outbreak
03-14-2012, 12:15 AM

I think it's past that. Even if he is traded now he's forever lost his nice guy persona.

Celtic_Pride
03-14-2012, 12:16 AM

If he prefers Brooklyn, he will do a sign a trade. I dont think Howard is such a bad guy that he will simply ditch Orlando. Nets might have to send the lottery pick, Lopez and few others!

Kiddlovesnets
03-14-2012, 12:17 AM
If he prefers Brooklyn, he will do a sign a trade. I dont think Howard is such a bad guy that he will simply ditch Orlando. Nets might have to send the lottery pick, Lopez and few others!

We wont send lottery pick if it is high enough, Lopez is a possibility though.

Kiddlovesnets
03-14-2012, 12:19 AM

Well you dont have to, he would go to the Lakers on his own next year.
:oldlol:

StateOfMind12
03-14-2012, 12:20 AM
The Celtics could use Dwight as a rental. I'm not exactly sure what the Celtics would have to give up though.

GatorKid117
03-14-2012, 12:22 AM
[QUOTE]Ken Berger ‏ @KBergCBS Reply Retweet Favorite

bmulls
03-14-2012, 12:24 AM
What's funny is if he had just come right out and said "Don't ask me about next season, I am going to play this season out and explore my options as a free agent this summer" he wouldn't be getting any grief at all.

Celtic_Pride
03-14-2012, 12:24 AM
The Celtics could use Dwight as a rental. I'm not exactly sure what the Celtics would have to give up though.

Obviously Rondo and few more pieces and picks.

So it doesn't make sense to rent Howard without Rondo!

jdm_dc_fan
03-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Obviously Rondo and few more pieces and picks.

So it doesn't make sense to rent Howard without Rondo!
Orlando organization loves rondo. but celtics wouldnt go for it.

Fiasco
03-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Well you dont have to, he would go to the Lakers on his own next year.
:oldlol:

Can't wait until we get negs back.

mmsupra
03-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Why would he want to go to Nets now anyways they not doing shit his year , get a playoff run in and Then go to Nets .

fos
03-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Deron and Dwight, join Dirk in Dallas... **** the nyets.

Kiddlovesnets
03-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Why would he want to go to Nets now anyways they not doing shit his year , get a playoff run in and Then go to Nets .

lol thats kinda true tbh. The Nets can hope to get a lottery draft pick if they keep tanking and land Dwight next year. We still need a good SF, hope we get Barnes or maybe even Gilchrist.

WeGetRing2012
03-14-2012, 12:35 AM
Lost a little respect for Dwight but the Magic are being very dumb as well. Definitely don't want him on the Lakers though...

Joshumitsu
03-14-2012, 12:37 AM
Hopefully they can talk this out in the off-season. Maybe a sign and trade or something.

I'm really hoping Dwight can do something for his ball club instead of just bailing out.

Realistically though, I wouldn't expect a happy ending.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-14-2012, 12:38 AM
Hopefully they can talk this out in the off-season. Maybe a sign and trade or something.

I'm really hoping Dwight can do something for his ball club instead of just bailing out.

lol u still believe that idiot? wow

Kiddlovesnets
03-14-2012, 12:41 AM

The management team definitely does not deserve such kind of gifts from their best players. Shaq dissed them before, now Dwight, theres gotta be a reason behind that. Nets with Bruce Ratner were as terrible as that, the team kept getting worse despite Rod Thorn's desperate attempts to save Ratner's ass. But luckily we have a new owner now, so... XD

Collie
03-14-2012, 12:41 AM
Capspace > Brook Lopez

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Brian K. Schmitz ‏ @MagicInsider Reply Retweet Favorite

DirtySanchez
03-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Basically Howard just said checkmate to the Magic. The Magic do not hold the trump card and it's as clear as day he wants to leave. It sucks but Dwight is pulling a Melo now. But het at least he said everything straight up I respect him for that really. I'm just shocked he is all about the Nets.

bmulls
03-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Capspace > Brook Lopez

Even minus Dwight's contract the Magic are still over the cap

They are royally fcked the next few seasons

Fiasco
03-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Basically Howard just said checkmate to the Magic. The Magic do not hold the trump card and it's as clear as day he wants to leave. It sucks but Dwight is pulling a Melo now. But het at least he said everything straight up I respect him for that really. I'm just shocked he is all about the Nets.

Negative.

BlackVVaves
03-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Orlando Fans,

How do you feel your team's front office handled this the last few months?

Orlando is pretty much ****ed. Seriously. They have NO leverage anymore. Follow me.

Dwight wants the Nets. The Nets want Dwight. The Nets have the MONEY to outright sign him with Deron this summer.

Dwight knows that a player like Marshon Brooks is the type of asset he wants to play with. He knows Lopez can get them back a player like Josh Smith. He knows that they will likely have TWO first round picks in this draft, one that will definitely be in the lottery. And this is a deep, deep draft.

And, the Nets know this too.

So, they can pretty much say **** your trade offer Orlando. You waited all season. We were ready in December, January, February. But now? We hold the power, and have the reigns to a dynasty if things go according to plan. Draft Barnes and add him to Howard and D Will and young Brooks? Yea.

But wait, you say. Just trade him to another team for assets. Don't let him dope you, and walk to the Nets for free.

But, trade to who? Again, the Magic WAITED TOO LONG. Bynum has emerged as a FORCE in the west, and the Lakers have shifted their focus on just acquiring a point guard and small forward. The Warriors? Traded away Monta today.

Chicago? He's not interested in signing an extension there, so Bulls wouldn't do it (it should be noted that he feels the same about the Lakers).

Dallas? No trade assets, at ALL. Dwight could still end up going to Dallas, but once again, through free agency. So, again, the Magic lose him for no assets.

The Magic ****ed up. They had months worth of knowledge that Dwight did not want to be in Orlando. Now, they are being played like a fool and can't even do anything about it. This is worst than Melo last year, and almost as embarrassing as Bron leaving Cleveland. Actually, it's more embarrassing.

The guy straight up told you "Trade me, or I'm leaving," unlike Bron. And, he is now playing the **** out of you so he can go where ever he can without that team losing a valuable picks, or pieces, that will ultimately be or lead to his new teammates.

Orlando went from the team that everyone wanted to talk to, to the team no one wants to talk to. Almost all of the team's that were in the sweepstakes have bowed out, and now if a trade occurs, it will be on the NETS and Howard's terms.

Damn shame. Horrible management. Should have tried to bring Monta to Orlando since January, not the last ****ing week of the trade deadline.

Horrible management. It's sad. Because now, they are ****ed.

Zackmorris
03-14-2012, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE]Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA Reply Retweeted Favorite

outbreak
03-14-2012, 12:49 AM

huh, this is the opposite to melo, melo said trade me. Dwight is saying keep me so that his team keeps it's assests.

Rekindled
03-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Capspace > Brook Lopez

how , lopez is a RFA this season

mmsupra
03-14-2012, 12:54 AM
This is a joke either way Orlando's ****ed so what does it matter release Ryan Anderson and JJ so at least they can play with a team the has a chance.

WeGetRing2012
03-14-2012, 12:55 AM
Orlando Fans,

Orlando is pretty much ****ed. Seriously. They have NO leverage anymore. Follow me.

Dwight wants the Nets. The Nets want Dwight. The Nets have the MONEY to outright sign him with Deron this summer.

Dwight knows that a player like Marshon Brooks is the type of asset he wants to play with. He knows Lopez can get them back a player like Josh Smith. He knows that they will likely have TWO first round picks in this draft, one that will definitely be in the lottery. And this is a deep, deep draft.

So, they can pretty much say **** your trade offer Orlando. You waited all season. We were ready in December, January, February. But now? We hold the power, and have the reigns to a dynasty if things go according to plan. Draft Barnes and add him to Howard and D Will and young Brooks? Yea.

But wait, you say. Just trade him to another team for assets. Don't let him dope you, and walk to the Nets for free.

But, trade to who? Again, the Magic WAITED TOO LONG. Bynum has emerged as a FORCE in the west, and the Lakers have shifted their focus on just acquiring a point guard and small forward. The Warriors? Traded away Monta today.

Chicago? He's not interested in signing an extension there, so Bulls wouldn't do it (it should be noted that he feels the same about the Lakers).

Dallas? No trade assets, at ALL. Dwight could still end up going to Dallas, but once again, through free agency. So, again, the Magic lose him for no assets.

The Magic ****ed up. They had months worth of knowledge that Dwight did not want to be in Orlando. Now, they are being played like a fool and can't even do anything about it. This is worst than Melo last year, and almost as embarrassing as Bron leaving Cleveland. Actually, it's more embarrassing.

The guy straight up told you "Trade me, or I'm leaving," unlike Bron. And, he is now playing the **** out of you so he can go where ever he can without that team losing a valuable picks, or pieces, that will ultimately be or lead to his new teammates.

Orlando went from the team that everyone wanted to talk to, to the team no one wants to talk to. Almost all of the team's that were in the sweepstakes have bowed out, and now if a trade occurs, it will be on the NETS and Howard's terms.

Damn shame. Horrible management. Should have tried to bring Monta to Orlando since January, not the last ****ing week of the trade deadline.

http://celticshub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/otis-smith.jpg

Idiots.

BlackVVaves
03-14-2012, 12:55 AM
huh, this is the opposite to melo, melo said trade me. Dwight is saying keep me so that his team keeps it's assests.

THIS.

WeGetRing2012
03-14-2012, 12:57 AM

But EVERYONE knew there was like a 1% chance of Howard staying. But he should have just picked a team and told the Magic where he wanted to go.

Tenchi Ryu
03-14-2012, 12:59 AM
I'd try to dick him one more time and send him to the coldest, shittiest team they can trade with. Make the rest of his year this year a living hell, with scrubs who don't even sniff the playoffs
:lol :lol :lol

blacknapalm
03-14-2012, 01:04 AM
THIS.

that about sums it up and it's becoming more clear. melo at least gave denver a chance to get value back (and that they did). honestly, if magic don't trade him, they deserve to fall off. if you think he wants to stay in orlando, you're just gullible. he's just saying the 'right' things in public and this is all going to end badly if he keeps saying two different things.

he's been doing this all season long. note to future free agents: do it the opposite way that dwight did it. huge PR blunder because the orlando fanbase will remember these words when he walks this summer. it really just makes him come off as selfish and calculated

'roll the dice' can either be seen as a taunt or a warning/alarm to trade him. unfortunately, magic are losing suitors by the day because they were too slow to jump the gun all season. trade offers won't get better; they'll get worse. everyone now knows orlando is backed into a corner

04mzwach
03-14-2012, 01:09 AM
I'd try to dick him one more time and send him to the coldest, shittiest team they can trade with. Make the rest of his year this year a living hell, with scrubs who don't even sniff the playoffs
:lol :lol :lol
I can't even say things like this about good guys like Dwight. I wish nothing but the best for guys like Dwight.

PHaYze
03-14-2012, 01:11 AM
I can't even say things like this about good guys like Dwight. I wish nothing but the best for guys like Dwight.
He's trying to get over on the team that gave him millions of dollars, he's screwing over the fans that cheered him on since day one. At least LeBrons Cavs had a chance of winning a ring the year he left.

Darius
03-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Clippers need to to trade Griffin + Jordan for Dwight + Anderson.

Both teams win.

04mzwach
03-14-2012, 01:18 AM
He's trying to get over on the team that gave him millions of dollars, he's screwing over the fans that cheered him on since day one. At least LeBrons Cavs had a chance of winning a ring the year he left.
You just assume these things. Things that you hear from sports heads aren't 100% true. I haven't heard anything like that from the horse's mouth. No actions to approve that Dwight is doing anything of what you say.

talkingconch
03-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Orlando management CANNOT be this stupid?

If you don't trade him, he walks in FA and you lose him for nothing. All indicates he wants the Nets. If he's traded to the Lakers, then that obviously means he will commit, there is no way Lakers FO takes a gamble like that otherwise.

Whoah10115
03-14-2012, 01:23 AM
I think he'll stay if they don't trade him :confusedshrug:

Tenchi Ryu
03-14-2012, 01:24 AM
You just assume these things. Things that you hear from sports heads aren't 100% true. I haven't heard anything like that from the horse's mouth. No actions to approve that Dwight is doing anything of what you say.
He's basically letting everyone know with his own words. Easily reading between the lines lets you know he plans on leaving. When asked directly about the future, he refuses to answer, and keeps adding emphasis on THIS YEAR, the opportunity to win THIS year. But Orlando fans know what happens THIS year isn't important, even if they somehow won the ship. Everyone wants to know if he plans on sticking around for the future, and he is purposely ducking from the question. If anything, he just needs to be firm and let everyone know if he wants to leave after this year. Its his vagueness and indecisiveness that have pissed people off.

He's been told what to do and what to say, his agent has prepared well. Problem is, Dwight is getting called on it now. People can see what's up.

talkingconch
03-14-2012, 01:25 AM
Orlando Fans,

Pretty much this. The only way it works is if:

they find a team that wants to rent Dwight for the remainder of the season that can give Orlando quality assets in return

OR trade him to a team (like the Lakers, Mavs or whatever other team thats in the pool) that he will COMMIT to signing for and not walk in July.

Orlando should've taken care of this earlier in the season IMO.

Brooklyn Nets are in really good position right now...tank season, draft pick, Marshon Brooks, Deron williams, dwight howard, Flip Brook Lopez for a Josh Smith type of guy or depth..

LA_Showtime
03-14-2012, 01:27 AM
But today is Wednesday.

OmniStrife
03-14-2012, 02:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/YOFzW.jpg

bdreason
03-14-2012, 02:01 AM
You guys understand he isn't signing an extension, anywhere, no matter what. Don't blame Dwight, blame the new CBA that allows him to make more money on a new deal if he doesn't sign an extension to his current contract.

FPJ
03-14-2012, 03:12 AM
Its for guys like D' HO that the NBA should really consider a new team, the "Anchorage Weasels". A perfect location to throw all the dirt NBA has (kinda like an NBA'S JAIL).

Ive read Otis wanted to trade Howard long time ago but it was the Magic's owner that prevented him in doing so, still hoping he stays. I know its been said already, but it needs to be repeated: D'ho just made Lebron look like a class act, hell, even Melo. He should thank whoever bumped steroids into him and made him an athletic freak cause without it, he'd be just another Kwame Brown with a lot less heart and a lot more tears.

Sorry, Orlando.

NumberSix
03-14-2012, 03:19 AM
He signed a contract with the Magic and he's going to fulfill it. What's the problem? He doesn't owe them anything beyond their agreement.

FPJ
03-14-2012, 03:33 AM
He signed a contract with the Magic and he's going to fulfill it. What's the problem? He doesn't owe them anything beyond their agreement.

Hmmm, lets see,

Asked multiple times to be traded (told the media several times), implying his team was too weak for his ambitions. He then proceeds to negotiate with the ****ing Nets (no offence). He then says he's willing to stay with Orlando if they make the right moves. He askes the management to trade for GLEN DAVIS :facepalm . They do one of the worst trades cause Howard wants so and they obviously lose a few games (who doesnt), making Howard throw his team mates under the buss. After that he says all is cool, and himself, as Magic's LEADER??!! has to do that :facepalm. He even attempts to lie about the situation in Orlando saying its all good even tho Reddick said its shit :oldlol: .

After SEVERAL trade requests, the dumbass realized it would actually be better for him and the NETS if he stayed with Orlando untill a free agent. He screwed Orlando from a good trade situation and he actually believed people are gonna buy all that crap. If i forgot something, others could add.

To answer youre question, people give him well deserved shit cause he poses as a virgin while being the dirtiest hooker from the corner street.

NumberSix
03-14-2012, 03:58 AM
He screwed Orlando from a good trade situation
Is Dwight Orlando's GM? Is it his responsibility to make trades for them?

All he's required to do is fulfill his contract.

Just as it's every franchise's right to trade any player's contract, it's every player's right to leave when their contract expires.

When do you ever see "fans" complaining when the team trades a player and doesn't make sure the player gets a good deal out of it?

Teams have no problem trading a player to a garbage team if they get what they want out of it. How is this any different?

You think if the Magic could trade Jameer for John Wall, they wouldn't do it? You think they would have any loyalty for him? You think they would feel bad about sending him to a worthless team for their own benefit? Would you come here calling the Magic greedy and saying they "screwed Jammer"? Of corse not. Of corse not. It's not their job to do what's best for Jameer. It's their job to do what's best for themselves. That's all Dwight is doing.

Dwight doesn't owe this team anything. They're his employer. That's all. They pay him to play basketball, and he does it. It's not his job to do anything beyond that.

BlackVVaves
03-14-2012, 04:01 AM

Just as it's every franchise's right to trade any player's contract, it's every player's right to leave when their contract expires.

When do you ever see "fans" complaining when the team trades a player and doesn't make sure the player gets a good deal out of it?

Teams have no problem trading a player to a garbage team if they get what they want out of it. How is this any different?

You think if the Magic could trade Jameer for John Wall, they wouldn't do it? You think they would have any loyalty for him? You think they would feel bad about sending him to a worthless team for their own benefit? Would you come here calling the Magic greedy and saying they "screwed Jammer"? Of corse not. Of corse not. It's not their job to do what's best for Jameer. It's their job to do what's best for themselves. That's all Dwight is doing.

Well put friend, well put :applause:

That's why Dwight is smart (an ass, but smart) and Orlando is run by a bunch of muppets.

FPJ
03-14-2012, 04:39 AM

Dwight doesn't owe this team anything. They're his employer. That's all. They pay him to play basketball, and he does it. It's not his job to do anything beyond that.

Generally speaking, your point is correct and i agree with it. This is a particular situation though and what applies to others dont apply here.

1.Dwight is not a GM, but he's a franchise player, and as im sure as a bball fan you do know, thats pretty close. More often than not, franchise players have their say in trades (see fat baby Davis in this case).

2.Howard led the Magic franchise and fans to believe he's inclined to stay if they get the "right" moves. If he had been honest with the Magic from the start, this situation wouldnt have happened, but he played them.

3.He lowballed the Magic. After several trade requests, he just now realizes that he wants to stay in Orlando for the rest of this season. He takes everyone for fools thinking they wouldnt figure what he's doing (which is childish to say the least). Glad that backfired. You've seen the reports, the Magic's office, once Howards greatest supporters, are disgusted by his behavior. That implies other things we might not know.

Its true, he hasnt done anything illegal or not within his rights, but morally...you tell me.

tomtucker
03-14-2012, 05:00 AM
Why the hell would he wanna go to the Nets....:confusedshrug: ......not gonna win there either

Fiasco
03-14-2012, 05:03 AM
Clippers need to to trade Griffin + Jordan for Dwight + Anderson.

Both teams win.

id do it

I<3NBA
03-14-2012, 05:32 AM
Why the hell would he wanna go to the Nets....:confusedshrug: ......not gonna win there either
have you been reading the thread or at least listening to rumors? if Dwight goes there, Deron stays. and chances are, they'll flip Lopez for Josh Smith. we already know Josh Smith has asked to be traded.

Dwight, J-Smoove, Deron - that is scary right there. the Mavs situation is even scarier: Dwight, Dirk, Deron - you can book Heat-Mavs Finals for the next 5 years.

The Ownage
03-14-2012, 05:32 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcGj57cQIeg

IamRAMBO24
03-14-2012, 05:33 AM

This.

chairman
03-14-2012, 05:35 AM
This.
Does Dwight owe you his friendship????
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mgamer20o0
03-14-2012, 05:36 AM
normally i am all for this but he is a moron. if he just shut up in the 1st place and let things play out its one thing. he kept saying where he wanted to be traded to now he wants to stay.

NumberSix
03-14-2012, 06:02 AM
The Magic are free to Trade Dwight anytime they want. But, he's not required to sign an extension. Grown ups are allowed to make their own decisions. Are people really suggesting that Dwight should sign an extension that he doesn't want to sign just for the sake of the team he's leaving?

Never forget, The Magic made WAY more money off of Dwight than he made off of them.

FPJ
03-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Are people really suggesting that Dwight should sign an extension that he doesn't want to sign just for the sake of the team he's leaving?

Ive never seen this. Who said such a thing? At this point, even Magic fans want him gone.

blacknapalm
03-14-2012, 06:25 AM
Ive never seen this. Who said such a thing? At this point, even Magic fans want him gone.

that's what i was looking for. i don't think anyone is making that argument. they're saying dwight has been flip flopping all season, saying one thing publicly and saying an entirely different thing in private.

early on, he insinuated that orlando was not a contender. if that woj story came out afterwards, he'd get a bit of a pass but the fact it came out before and now he tells orlando to 'roll the dice' is extremely suspect. is he breaking any rules? no. is he potentially causing a toxic situation in which orlando fans will lose a ton of respect for him and it's starting to become a PR nightmare? yes. people get away with stuff that is legal and not against the rules all the time. that doesn't mean what they're doing isn't selfish, arrogant or removed from criticism.

it boggles my mind that folks railed on cp3's behavior/comments on his free agency but dwight has blatantly been acting like a jackass and not getting much blame at all. if orlando doesn't trade him while he gives a reacharound to NJ and just walks in the summer, you can't feel bad for them. plenty of people have seen this coming from a mile away. now, even the orlando FO, the biggest backers of dwight, are starting to sour and are disgusted by his latest comments. his motive just keeps getting more clear.

ya, sure, dwight can look out for himself. orlando should too and right now they're getting straight played. on the flip side, orlando is allowed to make ultimatums and ask for a commitment. you get fooled by his smile and demeanor if you want but it's becoming more and more apparent every day that he doesn't want to be in orlando long-term. he's not dumb. it's not championship this year or bust. i think he knows his team's capabilities and he's just leading orlando on at this point. if you work in any workplace, you have a certain level of confidence in your boss' competence, your coworkers and your environment. it's not like he just started to think about his FA

there's no loyalty in sports anymore. not when it comes to the bottom line. not teams, not players

swi7ch
03-14-2012, 06:42 AM
Of course. He doesn't want what happened to the Knicks and Melo. He can go to NJ without the Nets losing anyone in the offseason.

Fiasco
03-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Still think he should get traded to Charlotte.

irondarts
03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
This guy is such a clown and I can't believe Orlando is putting up with this shit. I'd call every team and tell them to give me their best offer, and take the best one. Even if it's not that great, Dwight has ****ed them of any leverage and is actively ****ing them over now. This guy acts like a 5 year old.

pegasus
03-14-2012, 11:42 AM
They should trade him, but I can't help but think what this Orlando team can do in the playoffs. I can seriously see them upsetting the Heat in the second round, and give my Bulls a run for their money in the ECF (barring injuries and other upsets).

Do you guys think that Howard would try his best to win with this team even if he knew he was leaving at the end of the season? We all said that Lebron quit in 2010 for the same reason, but looking back now, he probably just crumbled under pressure.

niko
03-14-2012, 11:45 AM
They should trade him, but I can't help but think what this Orlando team can do in the playoffs. I can seriously see them upsetting the Heat in the second round, and give my Bulls a run for their money in the ECF (barring injuries and other upsets).

Do you guys think that Howard would try his best to win with this team even if he knew he was leaving at the end of the season? We all said that Lebron quit in 2010 for the same reason, but looking back now, he probably just crumbled under pressure.
No, it's unmotivating. He'd wilt under the pressure and so would his team. I HATE ALL OF YOU AND THINK YOU SUCK AS TEAMMATES BUT LET'S GO ALL IN TOGETHER!

Doesn't work.

Killbot
03-14-2012, 11:53 AM
It would be hilarious if Otis believes Dwight is going to re-sign in the offseason.

niko
03-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Bucher says that trade or no trade that the Magic will file tampering charges against the Nets once Howard is gone. Master negotiators those Magic... :facepalm

What is with everyone that they need to make every thought and move they have public?

novocaine
03-14-2012, 01:10 PM
"The Dwight Howard saga is far from over. Many more twists and turns coming."

Alex Kennedy via Twitter

Optimus Prime
03-14-2012, 01:11 PM
According to Broussard the Magic are telling teams that they will trade Howard unless he makes some sort of commitment to the team. Atta boy Magic...play hard ball with the man child!

Tenchi Ryu
03-14-2012, 01:12 PM
According to Broussard the Magic are telling teams that they will trade Howard unless he makes some sort of commitment to the team. Atta boy Magic...play hard ball with the man child!
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: