PDA

View Full Version : R we really gonna act like lakers aren't favorite to come out of the west now?

heyhey
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Lakers just addressed main weakness and also added via subtraction by taking away the fisher option for coach brown.

Now lakers r uniquely able to matchup with teams like thunder because of this credible inside presence and tough defensive SF

Barring some late season injury, lakers coming out of the west

Bladers
03-15-2012, 08:28 PM
lol no. their bench and SF position is still a glaring weakness.

Its still 5 vs 4 with either artest/barnes out there. Two people who can't shoot to save their life.

FlawlessVictory
03-15-2012, 08:29 PM
They got a lot better, but I wouldn't come close to writing off the Thunder just yet.

No way Artest and Sessions can hold Durant and Westbrook in that series to less than 30 ppg imo.

The key will be Harden.

bmulls
03-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Definitely, who can possibly compete with the mighty Ramon Sessions and superstar Jordan Hill?

Glide2keva
03-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes we are.

Big League
03-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Definitely, who can possibly compete with the mighty Ramon Sessions and superstar Jordan Hill?
They cannot be stopped.

ImmortalD24
03-15-2012, 08:34 PM
:roll:

Smoke117

Indeed. They are invincible now.

All Net
Thunder are still favourites to me. If we got Beasley it would of been different though

RazorBaLade
03-15-2012, 08:35 PM
beasley would have made us favorites

didnt get him because lakers wanted to lose fisher or blakes salary =/

=/=/=/=/=/=/=/

:facepalm

outbreak
03-15-2012, 08:35 PM
lol really is this serious?

Wonder Bread Kid
03-15-2012, 08:36 PM
F-ck everything about most Lakers fans. You suck in life and then bring that same suck to Ish.

nba_55
03-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Did i miss something? The lakers traded for Deron? Rondo?

Lover
03-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Doesn't matter how much talent you amass if your coach is a braindead monkey.

dazzer87
03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Lakers just addressed main weakness and also added via subtraction by taking away the fisher option for coach brown.

Now lakers r uniquely able to matchup with teams like thunder because of this credible inside presence and tough defensive SF

Barring some late season injury, lakers coming out of the west

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

miggyme1
03-15-2012, 08:39 PM
lakers still have no bench and their coach sucks.(in my maury voice)......IN THE CASE OF THE 2012 NBA FINALS..........................THE LAKERS ARE NOT THE CHAMPIONS

oh the horror
lol no. their bench and SF position is still a glaring weakness.

Its still 5 vs 4 with either artest/barnes out there. Two people who can't shoot to save their life.

This.

Let us not forget their bench. These additions do provide a new dimension for them in terms of added youth, and playmaking plus size, and some fresh blood.

But honestly I doubt its enough to get them over the hump. Only time will tell.

I really wanted them to land Beasley.

KOBEtherealKing
No unless artest starts scoring more and goudelock is our sixth man

toxicxr6
Lol.. Is this serious?
Lakers have not played like a contender this season. Will that change now.. Maybe.. Probably not. So u replaced your rubbish pg with another rubbish (slightly better) pg... Now u think u r a contender.. Bahahahhahh. 70% of your roster stinks. Good luck with that paper thin roster in the playoffs lol..

AMISTILLILL
Parker > Sessions
Manu < Kobe (but give me a SG rotation of Manu/Jackson/Neal any day over Kobe/Goudelock/Eyenga/scrubs)
Leonard/Green > World Peace/Barnes
Duncan > Gasol
Blair < Bynum

Spurs bench > Lakers bench

Obviously the Kobe factor gives a considerable edge to LA but, even so, the Spurs improved tremendously this season. Penciling them in as the favorites out west, simply because they have a younger point guard, is ridiculously premature.

Lover
03-15-2012, 08:40 PM
If you think about it, the West is so bad this year outside of OKC that the Lakers have a chance.

sixer6ad
I seriously think you don't realize the point guard you received in Sessions. We really like him in Cleveland; however, Laker fan needs to watch more game film.

This is not the point guard to get you over the edge. Sorry.

talkingconch
http://i.imgur.com/YmhyB.jpg

heyhey
03-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Parker > Sessions
Manu < Kobe (but give me a SG rotation of Manu/Jackson/Neal any day over Kobe/Goudelock/Eyenga/scrubs)
Duncan > Gasol
Blair < Bynum

Obviously the Kobe factor gives a considerable edge to LA but, even so, the Spurs improved tremendously this season. Penciling them in as the favorites out west, simply because they have a younger point guard, is ridiculously premature.

Sorry bro but spurs one team I'm just not worried about, seen Kobe go ham on yo boys way too many times

oh the horror
. So u replaced your rubbish pg with another rubbish (slightly better) pg...

Im sorry dude, but Sessions is not "slightly better" than our old PG rotation. Hes a vast upgrade on all fronts.

Now is that enough to put LA over the hump? I dont know, but that is one position that wont be complete garbage now.

bmulls
Parker > Sessions
Duncan > Gasol
Blair < Bynum

You forgot SJax, who I think can really help the Spurs. Spurs have been quietly playing great bball (as always) and were already a dark horse in the west, I think SJax puts them over the edge in the contender discussion.

Lover
03-15-2012, 08:42 PM
I seriously think you don't realize the point guard you received in Sessions. We really like him in Cleveland; however, Laker fan needs to watch more game film.

This is not the point guard to get you over the edge. Sorry.
I'm assuming the idiom you're looking for is "over the hump". "Over the edge" refers to suicide.

WeGetRing2012
03-15-2012, 08:44 PM
This must be really hard for Laker haters. We were supposed to be lucky with the 5-8th seed this year and now we are easily top 2/3 in the West & shedding salary every move we make. We are better but I will be interested to see how we click I think we can definitely beat SA because of our front court and it would be a dog fight with the Thunder. I still think the Lakers should sign Arenas to finish out the year and to let him audition for other teams. He hasn't played a game this year and made 20 mil so I could see him taking $750,000 from the Lakers to finish out the season. Lakers are getting better though there is no doubt about that :applause: :applause:

RazorBaLade
03-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Parker > Sessions
Duncan > Gasol
Blair < Bynum

duncan is better than gasol?

what the **** am i reading? its 2012

AMISTILLILL
03-15-2012, 08:45 PM
You forgot SJax, who I think can really help the Spurs. Spurs have been quietly playing great bball (as always) and were already a dark horse in the west, I think SJax puts them over the edge in the contender discussion.

I mentioned Jackson.

Sorry bro but spurs one team I'm just not worried about, seen Kobe go ham on yo boys way too many times

I'm not a Spurs fan. It's possible to think a team (emphasis on the word team, not three primary scorers and a terrible bench) is better than another one without having a predetermined fan agenda.

Whatever the case, the Thunder can trounce both LA and San Antonio.

bmulls
03-15-2012, 08:45 PM
This must be really hard for Laker haters. We were supposed to be lucky with the 5-8th seed this year and now we are easily top 2/3 in the West & shedding salary every move we make. We are better but I will be interested to see how we click I think we can definitely beat SA because of our front court and it would be a dog fight with the Thunder. I still think the Lakers should sign Arenas to finish out the year and to let him audition for other teams. He hasn't played a game this year and made 20 mil so I could see him taking $750,000 from the Lakers to finish out the season. Lakers are getting better though there is no doubt about that :applause: :applause:

It must be awesome living in your own little fantasy world

chazzy
03-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Their bench hasn't changed but swapping Fisher for Sessions is a really nice upgrade. They're not the favorites though.

toxicxr6
03-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Im sorry dude, but Sessions is not "slightly better" than our old PG rotation. Hes a vast upgrade on all fronts.

Now is that enough to put LA over the hump? I dont know, but that is one position that wont be complete garbage now.

Have u ever had the thought that maybe its the way LA play that limits a pg production? Wait until sessions actually plays a few games for LA.. I think u will find his production falling.. And according to the stats above he doesn't have to fall far to be approaching Fischer territory. Just wait until he plays first

I<3NBA
03-15-2012, 08:48 PM
no. did Thunder just roll up and die?

AMISTILLILL
03-15-2012, 08:48 PM
duncan is better than gasol?

what the **** am i reading? its 2012

Duncan in the playoffs, as far as consistency of output over the years, is an entirely different animal than Gasol in the playoffs. 14.5 PPG and 8.6 boards vs. 16.6 PPG and 10.4 boards this season. Not exactly a huge gulf in numbers to make an argument either way. Give the coaching nod to San Antonio, and overall familiarity with the system, and the scales get tipped.

Even at 35, Duncan is a top player at his position.

WeGetRing2012
03-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Duncan in the playoffs, as far as consistency of output over the years, is an entirely different animal than Gasol in the playoffs. 14.5 PPG and 8.6 boards vs. 16.6 PPG and 10.4 boards this season. Not exactly a huge gulf in numbers to make an argument either way. Give the coaching nod to San Antonio, and overall familiarity with the system, and the scales get tipped.

You are sooooooooo pressed about the Lakers it's funny :lol :lol :lol

I can just see you pounding your keyboard in anger :lol :lol

Lebron23
03-15-2012, 08:53 PM
OKC Thunder are still the team to beat in the West.

maybeshewill13
03-15-2012, 08:54 PM

He speaks clearly and makes a valid point without a hint of anger, and that's all you got?

Typical IQ of a Laker fan :facepalm

toxicxr6
03-15-2012, 08:54 PM

The hate is so deep amongst laker fans this season tagt u guys could have signed mike bibby and troll about being a championship contender. Typical laker over reaction..

longtime lurker
03-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Thunder are still the team to beat. Lakers are nice though, deep front court and they finally solved their PG problems!

Smoke117
03-15-2012, 08:56 PM

More importantly, Duncan is a much better defensive player.

RazorBaLade
03-15-2012, 08:58 PM

Pau can play more, score more, rebound more and does it all more efficiently. I'm not saying Duncan sucks but at 35 he simply cannot hope to outplay or even match Pau in a 7 game series. And he is better defensively nowadays since he can jump to block a shot.

Pau's clear better stats (you didnt include the 3% fg diff) don't allow anyone to give an argument to either being better, but the coach and familiarity with the system (does familiarity score the ball?) tip the scales in duncans favor?

Ridiculous. Duncan is Top 10 I guess, top 7, but not that good anymore. You have griffin love aldridge bosh and then maybe pau if im not forgetting anyone... duncan isnt a t5 pf

AMISTILLILL
03-15-2012, 09:01 PM

I know being Mr. Antagonist without offering any worthwhile posts or discussion matter is your 'thing' and all, and you seem to think I've got this deep rooted, seething hatred for the Lakers or something, but you might want to put some real thought into dropping the troll routine.

It's understandable that you're a casual fan and/or a bandwagon Lakers guy, but you don't have to compensate for your shortcomings this way. I'm sure anonymous strangers on an internet forum will learn to accept your bellicose ways eventually.

AMISTILLILL
03-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Pau can play more, score more, rebound more and does it all more efficiently. I'm not saying Duncan sucks but at 35 he simply cannot hope to outplay or even match Pau in a 7 game series. And he is better defensively nowadays since he can jump to block a shot.

Pau's clear better stats (you didnt include the 3% fg diff) don't allow anyone to give an argument to either being better, but the coach and familiarity with the system (does familiarity score the ball?) tip the scales in duncans favor?

Ridiculous. Duncan is Top 10 I guess, top 7, but not that good anymore. You have griffin love aldridge bosh and then maybe pau if im not forgetting anyone... duncan isnt a t5 pf

Um... a difference of 3%, 2 points and less than 2 rebounds? Yeah, that's close enough to make the argument between the two something of a wash, yeah. Gasol's dud of a post-season run left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. If you don't think Duncan has an advantage because he knows the system better, as opposed to Gasol in Brown's system that completely did away with any remnants of the familiar Triangle that Gasol acclimated to, I'm not really sure what to tell you.

I honestly wonder if some of the people who post on this board bother to scratch the surface of critical thinking.

WeGetRing2012
03-15-2012, 09:06 PM
I know being Mr. Antagonist without offering any worthwhile posts or discussion matter is your 'thing' and all, and you seem to think I've got this deep rooted, seething hatred for the Lakers or something, but you might want to put some real thought into dropping the troll routine.

It's understandable that you're a casual fan and/or a bandwagon Lakers guy, but you don't have to compensate for your shortcomings this way. I'm sure anonymous strangers on an internet forum will learn to accept your bellicose ways eventually.

Here are my thoughts that I posted on the second page of the thread

And I don't even know what you post is about :confusedshrug: ....

But you have been playing Devil's Advocate and trying to undermine every single move the Lakers have attempted to make it's just funny to me though it's like some of you posters believe if write/post all of these things then they will come true. :lol

WeGetRing2012
03-15-2012, 09:09 PM

Not even looking at Duncan. They way Bynum & Gasol play together will cause so many issues for Duncan/Blair.

toxicxr6
03-15-2012, 09:12 PM
So since being swept from the playoffs lakers have

Lost their best and only productive bench player in odom
Pretty much traded Fischer for sessions.
Kobe, pau and MWP have all regressed.. WP alot, pau a bit, Kobe slightly.

The only reason the lakers are this high in the standings because they hve had no injuries.. Everyone around them has..

So u guys think the above is enough to turn the lakers from being sweep to a contender? Bahahhahahahhaha :roll:

Yeah rite

AMISTILLILL
03-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Here are my thoughts that I posted on the second page of the thread

And I don't even know what you post is about :confusedshrug: ....

But you have been playing Devil's Advocate and trying to undermine every single move the Lakers have attempted to make it's just funny to me though it's like some of you posters believe if write/post all of these things then they will come true. :lol

I'm actually a proponent of trading Derek Fisher. I also think trading for Beasley would be a clear upgrade at the 3, which is obvious to almost anyone. Granted, I think the kid's a mental midget but his talent is irrefutable. The only issue I've taken with Lakers fans is the way they act like some of these trades already took place, with threads being made proclaiming that the Lakers had already signed Beasley, how their chances at a ring had now changed with Beasley in the starting lineup, etc. The definition of 'putting the cart before the horse.' Heat fans were just as guilty of it with players like Battier and Dalembert in the off season.

I'm not really sure what 'every moves' you're referencing. If you're talking about my criticizing signing Troy Murphy and Jason Kapono..? You'd be hard pressed to find lucid individuals who thought those were quality pick-up. Gilbert Arenas? I was a proponent of that signing as well, although (once again) I took issue with Lakers fans pretending like him signing with the team was an absolute certainty. Same with Dwight Howard.

Maybe the reason you take issue with my supposed fascination with the Lakers is because you seemingly post in threads that are only Lakers related. Perhaps if you posted elsewhere you'd realize I don't devote all of my posts to some perceived Lakers defamation campaign.

Not sure how much clearer I can say it: you can be a fan of a sport and argue for/against team decisions without having some childish agenda. You should give it a shot sometime, instead of thinking anybody who disagrees with your favorite teams move is automatically some embittered "hater."

Bandito
03-15-2012, 09:16 PM
So since being swept from the playoffs lakers have

Lost their best and only productive bench player in odom
Pretty much traded Fischer for sessions.
Kobe, pau and MWP have all regressed.. WP alot, pau a bit, Kobe slightly.

The only reason the lakers are this high in the standings because they hve had no injuries.. Everyone around them has..

So u guys think the above is enough to turn the lakers from being sweep to a contender? Bahahhahahahhaha :roll:

Yeah rite
Dude Kobe has already played better than last year what are you talking about.
..i do agree with almost everything else though. I do think they are at least a team to be scared of now because I do think Sessions>Fisher

Smoke117
03-15-2012, 09:22 PM

You are talking out of your ass if you think Gasol is a better defensive player. By the way, Tim Duncan averages 1.4bpg in 28mpg...Pau Gasol averages 1.3bpg in 37mpg...good call, chief.

LABean
03-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Doesn't matter if we're the favorites. We are gonna win the championship. :rockon:

ac_gold_26
03-15-2012, 09:31 PM
There bench sucks and artest only plays good on sundays on abc. There one more role player away but they got the best front court in the nba. But they still haven't impressed me two overtime games they should be winning by more.

SwayDizzle
03-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Doesn't matter if we're the favorites. We are gonna win the championship. :rockon:
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

DKLaker
03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Parker > Sessions
Duncan > Gasol
Blair < Bynum

Sir.....please put down the crack pipe.....and step outta your time machine.

Tim washed up Duncan :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kobe destroys anything you can put on the court....he owns the Spurs.
Leonard & Green :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
Blair over Bynum......you are fking insane......does your mommy know you are on her computer???

Spurs have no chance at all

AMISTILLILL
03-15-2012, 09:33 PM
I've said it before: LA should sign James Posey. Dude hasn't retired and is just floating around out there. Two rings, hard nosed defender. Posey/World Peace/Barnes is a solid SF rotation heading into the playoffs.

AMISTILLILL
03-15-2012, 09:34 PM

Blair over Bynum......you are fking insane......does your mommy know you are on her computer???

Reading Comprehension: Get into it.

Kurosawa0
03-15-2012, 09:35 PM
We still have a lot to see from the Lakers before believing they can make it out of the West. Sessions was a nice pickup, but that's all... nice.

sodap
03-15-2012, 09:58 PM
a team is greater than the sum of his parts. sessions will not only produce himself, he will improve the big 3. also, gasol is not in the trade block anymore and they will push for the ring. OKC are still favorites though.

irondarts
03-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Lakers fans :lol :lol

Adding Ramon Sessions makes you the favorite to come out of the West now?

No bench scoring, if you think Hill can score off the bench right away you're wrong.

And if you think you'll be getting anything out of Eyenga you're dead wrong.

The Lakers certainly got better today, but let's not overreact here.

Plus, Kobe might be pissed about the Fisher trade, which could be bad for the Lakers.

AMISTILLILL
03-15-2012, 10:24 PM

Also, just for fun:
Danny Green: 7.8 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 1.3 steals in less than 22.9 minutes per game.
Kawhi Leonard: 7.5 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.4 steals in 23.4 minutes per game.

Metta World Peace: 5.8 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 0.9 steals in 24.7 minutes per game.
Matt Barnes: 6.9 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 0.6 steals in 21 minutes per game.

Manu Ginobili: 12.7 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 4.1 APG in 22.6 minutes per game.
Stephen Jackson: 10.5 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 3.0 APG in 27.4 minutes per game.
Gary Neal: 9.6 PPG, 2.3 RPG, 2.1 APG in 22.3 minutes per game.

Kobe Bryant: 29 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 4.8 APG in 38.8 minutes per game.
Andrew Goudelock: 4.8 PPG, 0.7 RPG, 0.5 APG in 11 minutes per game.

chazzy
03-15-2012, 10:35 PM
(but give me a SG rotation of Manu/Jackson/Neal any day over Kobe/Goudelock/Eyenga/scrubs)
lol

AMISTILLILL
03-15-2012, 10:38 PM
lol

Yeah, bro... keep playing Kobe close to max minutes in the regular season and then keep playing him 38 MPG in the playoffs. That should work out pretty well.

chazzy
03-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Yeah, bro... keep playing Kobe close to max minutes in the regular season and then keep playing him 38 MPG in the playoffs. That should work out pretty well.
The dropoff from Kobe to whoever backs him up for 12-15 mins isn't enough to make up for the advantage Kobe will have over the Spurs SG

The Iron Fist
03-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Have u ever had the thought that maybe its the way LA play that limits a pg production? Wait until sessions actually plays a few games for LA.. I think u will find his production falling.. And according to the stats above he doesn't have to fall far to be approaching Fischer territory. Just wait until he plays first

and what was Smush Parkers production before joining the Lakers and while he was on the team?

AMISTILLILL
03-15-2012, 10:54 PM
The dropoff from Kobe to whoever backs him up for 12-15 mins isn't enough to make up for the advantage Kobe will have over the Spurs SG

Good to see your following your title.

RazorBaLade
03-15-2012, 11:17 PM
who posted this? thius guy isnt a lakers fan

nashwade
03-16-2012, 12:49 AM
i want to see LAL vs SAS in WCF

screw the Thunder

WeGetRing2012
03-16-2012, 01:20 AM
i want to see LAL vs SAS in WCF

screw the Thunder

The only way that happens is if the Thunder loose the 1st seed.

Mr. Jabbar
03-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Parker > Sessions
Duncan > Gasol
Blair < Bynum

icewill36
03-16-2012, 01:43 AM
the thunder will still beat them

linZoMourning
03-16-2012, 01:52 AM
lets face it. lakers wont even make it past the 1st round to face the spurs in the 2nd. if that somehow happens lakers would get absolutely destroyed. pop vs mike brown?? YAH I GOT POP *cough* 2007

rhythmic
03-16-2012, 01:57 AM

Yeah this guy is pretty stupid.
What makes him a douche bag though is that he actually thinks he's intelligent because he's blunt.

Manu, Jackson & Neal over Bryant & Goudelock? :oldlol:
So you would honestly take those three over Kobe by himself?

Duncan > Gasol? This isn't 2007 anymore, come back to the present.
SA has a better starting point guard and a slightly better SF rotation.
The biggest advantage that your tiny brain can't comprehend is that LA will have three players on the court better then SA's best.

And no, Parker and Manu are not better then Pau.

LakersReign
03-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Just gotta love the pathetic hater double standard. It's real funny how, ANY OTHER TEAM, can sign ANYBODY ELSE, and their fans can be happy about it. Buit when it comes to the Lakers, it's suddenly a problem. What's even funnier is the same people cryin' the loudest over the Lakers signing Sessions, where the same ones talking Heat championship dynasty when they signed Bibby, and Big Z.:facepalm

linZoMourning
03-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Also, just for fun:
Danny Green: 7.8 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 1.3 steals in less than 22.9 minutes per game.
Kawhi Leonard: 7.5 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.4 steals in 23.4 minutes per game.

Metta World Peace: 5.8 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 0.9 steals in 24.7 minutes per game.
Matt Barnes: 6.9 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 0.6 steals in 21 minutes per game.

Manu Ginobili: 12.7 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 4.1 APG in 22.6 minutes per game.
Stephen Jackson: 10.5 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 3.0 APG in 27.4 minutes per game.
Gary Neal: 9.6 PPG, 2.3 RPG, 2.1 APG in 22.3 minutes per game.

Kobe Bryant: 29 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 4.8 APG in 38.8 minutes per game.
Andrew Goudelock: 4.8 PPG, 0.7 RPG, 0.5 APG in 11 minutes per game.

burn

linZoMourning
03-16-2012, 02:04 AM
What makes him a douche bag though is that he actually thinks he's intelligent because he's blunt.

The biggest advantage that your tiny brain can't comprehend is that LA will have three players on the court better then SA's best.

tony parker = top 5 pg

manu ginobili = top 5 sg

yes they are better then pau give me a break you cant be as stupid as that ugly ass avatar of a kid you have. now thats a dumb looking baby

StateOfMind12
03-16-2012, 02:06 AM
The Lakers are the 2nd favorite to win the West behind the Thunder. My opinion on the West really hasn't changed because I thought and said the same thing before any trades were made. The only way the Lakers can win the West is if they avoid OKC in the 2nd round or in the WCF. I don't think the Lakers have much of a shot at all barring injuries for both teams.

rhythmic
03-16-2012, 02:06 AM
tony parker = top 5 pg

manu ginobili = top 5 sg

yes they are better then pau give me a break you cant be as stupid as that ugly ass avatar of a kid you have. now thats a dumb looking baby

:oldlol:

Eric Cartman
03-16-2012, 02:09 AM
lets face it. lakers wont even make it past the 1st round to face the spurs in the 2nd. if that somehow happens lakers would get absolutely destroyed. pop vs mike brown?? YAH I GOT POP *cough* 2007

Mike was coaching a team with the ultimate chocker & with Daniel Gibson as their second best player. They had no business being there.

OmniStrife
03-16-2012, 02:15 AM
OKC is better.

kentatm
03-16-2012, 02:47 AM
Are they the defending champs? Do they have the best record in the West? Did they make the conference finals last year? Is their coach still Phil Jackson?

No?

Then they aren't the favorites.

AMISTILLILL
03-16-2012, 03:28 AM

:lol

G-Funk
03-16-2012, 03:30 AM

This is enough proof that's not gonna happen

Career stats as a starter (89 games- a full season)

14.8 PTS
7.4 AST
4.0 TRB
44.4% FG
27.0% 3PFG
79.7% FT
33.4 MPG

Oh and his averages when he plays 30-39 MPG (64 games- 45 as a starter)

16.7 PTS
6.8 AST
4.3 TRB
47% FG
81% FT
28% 3PFG

spiegel
03-16-2012, 03:34 AM
OKC is still the team to beat. Did someone say with a straight face Gino is a top 5 SG?. maybe 4 years ago.

bmulls
03-16-2012, 03:41 AM
Are they the defending champs? Do they have the best record in the West? Did they make the conference finals last year? Is their coach still Phil Jackson?

No?

Then they aren't the favorites.

B..b..b..but we got RAMON SESSIONS! and JORDAN HILL!

spiegel
03-16-2012, 03:43 AM
Jordan Hill is terrible beyond beliefe

G-Funk
03-16-2012, 03:51 AM
tony parker = top 5 pg

manu ginobili = top 5 sg

No

Deron
Paul
Westbrook
Rose
Rondo

and No

Harden
Kobe
Wade
Monta
Johnson

bmulls
03-16-2012, 03:53 AM
No

Deron
Paul
Westbrook
Rose
Rondo

You could easily make an argument for Tony Parker as a top 5 PG this season. He's playing better than Rondo for sure.

G-Funk
03-16-2012, 03:54 AM
Jordan Hill is terrible beyond beliefe
Who cares he's a Sub

G-Funk
03-16-2012, 03:58 AM
Let's just say the Lakers are the favorites to beat the Thunder

G-Funk
03-16-2012, 03:58 AM
You could easily make an argument for Tony Parker as a top 5 PG this season. He's playing better than Rondo for sure.

true

ronnymac
03-16-2012, 04:02 AM
Who cares he's a Sub
Lol it cost you a 1st round pick.

G-Funk
03-16-2012, 04:10 AM
Lol it cost you a 1st round pick.

lol We paid a 1st to get rid of Fishers contract

ronnymac
03-16-2012, 04:12 AM
The fact is the Rockets got the best value out of this trade by a good margin.

G-Funk
03-16-2012, 04:15 AM
yup along with a 3.5 Million contract

linZoMourning
03-16-2012, 05:42 AM
No

Deron
Paul
Westbrook
Rose
Rondo

and No

Harden
Kobe
Wade
Monta
Johnson

tony parker is playing better then rondo and manu is better then joe johnson and manu is the best sg passer in the league

JohnnySic
03-16-2012, 08:11 AM
The Lakers got better for sure.

That said, if SA gets Kaman, I got them to make the Finals.

Optimus Prime
03-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Lakers are the second best in the West just below the Thunder and just above the Spurs

rhythmic
03-16-2012, 09:47 AM
No

Deron
Paul
Westbrook
Rose
Rondo

and No

Harden
Kobe
Wade
Monta
Johnson

:oldlol: @ Parker & Manu being considered top five in their respect positions. Manu a borderline top five when healthy, Parker isn't even close (Paul, Rose, Williams, Westbrook, Rondo). Then you have Irving, Nash and couple others.

AlphaWolf24
03-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Didn't read the hole thread yet...

has DMAVS logged on and said Sessions is a top 5 PG and Bynum and Gasol are the top 2 Big Men in the NBA yet???

tmacattack33
03-16-2012, 01:34 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

hkfosho
03-16-2012, 01:38 PM
OKC, Bulls, and the Heat are still better.

Droid101
03-16-2012, 01:39 PM
After the trades, the Lakers project to have the best record for the final 23 games out of any West teams. They are projected to finish second in the standings to OKC.

RoseCity07
03-16-2012, 01:48 PM
OKC will tear that Lakers to shreds, even with the Lakers front court length advantages.

irondarts
03-16-2012, 01:51 PM
yup along with a 3.5 Million contract
Jordan Hill is set to make 2.8 million this year and 3.6 million next year.

MavsPoke
03-16-2012, 02:08 PM
The phrase "Are we really going to act like..." makes me want to club a family of cute baby seals who are frolicking with baby otters and some kittens.

Optimus Prime
03-16-2012, 02:10 PM
OKC will tear that Lakers to shreds, even with the Lakers front court length advantages.

Mad Blazers fan nothing to see here.

TheMan
03-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Doesn't matter how much talent you amass if your coach is a braindead monkey.
Racist:no:

chips93
03-16-2012, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

WeGetRing2012
03-16-2012, 03:02 PM
OKC, Bulls, and the Heat are still better.

The Lakers are better than every team in the East. Our biggest competition right now is definitely the Thunder. I wish we played the Bulls again though....

DMV2
03-16-2012, 03:32 PM
In a 7-game series, I think the Thunder and Spurs could take the Lakers. Yes, the Spurs. They can use Bonner to spread the floor and get Bynum out in the perimeter.

Anyway, it's too early to tell because no team in the West is safe from a 1st Round exit. Even a team like Denver could get an upset. We'll just have to wait and see how the seeding stands on the final day.

Seriously, the first round of the WC will probably be better than any series the East will have- this include the East's 2nd round and ECF. :lol

eliteballer
03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Theres no way in hell the Spurs can take us, even before the trade. OKC is who i worry about.

Bigsmoke
03-16-2012, 03:38 PM
nah.

Heavincent
03-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Even with the addition of Sessions, OKC is clearly the better team. Kobe would have to pull off some crazy heroics for the Lakers to beat OKC in a 7 game series. But Kobe has done stuff like that before...so you never know.

04mzwach
03-16-2012, 03:47 PM
As long as there's no injuries, Wolves taking Lakers down tonight. :crazysam:

linZoMourning
03-16-2012, 03:55 PM
:oldlol: @ Parker & Manu being considered top five in their respect positions. Manu a borderline top five when healthy, Parker isn't even close (Paul, Rose, Williams, Westbrook, Rondo). Then you have Irving, Nash and couple others.

good thing you and that ugly baby of youres opinions dont matter. this might be the dumbest post on ish today

Tenchi Ryu
03-16-2012, 05:45 PM
The Lakers are better than every team in the East. Our biggest competition right now is definitely the Thunder. I wish we played the Bulls again though....
Homer alert

AMISTILLILL
03-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Homer alert

:oldlol:

SwooshReturns
03-16-2012, 05:49 PM
LOL @ people still considering Spurs to be contenders.

AMISTILLILL
03-16-2012, 05:53 PM
LOL @ people still considering Spurs to be contenders.

...who said the Spurs were contenders? Possibly beating LA doesn't make them a contender.

MK2V1GP
03-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Is there any basketball message board on the Internet that doesn't allow Kobe/Laker fans? If so, I'd love to join.

wakencdukest
03-16-2012, 06:25 PM
I think OKC is still the favorite. It will be nice to finally have some production at the point. If Sessions gels with the team we could make some noise though. Hopefully the other western teams take us lightly.