PDA

View Full Version : What are your expectations for Ramon Sessions as a Laker

konex
03-16-2012, 02:06 AM
Stats, impact, star-status etc.

Let's have it all in a thread we can easily come back to before he becomes an perennial Allstar playing in a backcourt with Kobe and folks say they knew it all along (Gasol effect lol) :cheers:

I feel he will be in the Allstar game next year if the Lakers have a top seed. People are going to see how much of a bum Fisher was for playing that poorly starting with Kobe, Bynum and Pau

TheMarkMadsen
03-16-2012, 02:08 AM
Top 10 all time.

rhythmic
03-16-2012, 02:10 AM
Stats, impact, star-status etc.

Let's have it all in a thread we can easily come back to before he becomes an Allstar playing in a backcourt with Kobe and folks say they knew it all along :cheers:

I feel he will be in the Allstar game next year if the Lakers have a top seed. People are going to see how much of a bum Fisher was for playing that poorly starting with Kobe, Bynum and Pau

I'll say 32-34 MPG, 10 PPG, 8 APG, 4 RPG on 42% (36-38% 3PT) and a solid TO/AST ratio. I don't see him having a big impact statistically because he has to share the ball with 3 stars. But there will be nights where he'll put up some very nice numbers and he'll actually be a contributor on the court unlike Fisher (who I don't really blame, and will miss him dearly, but he had no business starting at his old age).

G-Funk
03-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Sessions' career stats as a starter (89 games- a full season)

14.8 PTS
7.4 AST
4.0 TRB
44.4% FG
27.0% 3PFG
79.7% FT
33.4 MPG

And his averages when he plays 30-39 MPG (64 games- 45 as a starter)

16.7 PTS
6.8 AST
4.3 TRB
47% FG
81% FT
28% 3PFG

PHaYze
03-16-2012, 02:12 AM
He should realistically average around 14/11/8/5 in around 28 mpg.

Xiao Yao You
If it gets used to standing around watching Kobe with everyone else he might have a future there.

Go Getter
I expect him to:

pass the ball to Kobe
give Kobe high fives
"hit" Kobe in the right spots *yes homo
talk to Mike Brown for Kobe
wear Kobe VII System shoes

Deuce Bigalow
03-16-2012, 02:14 AM
I expect him to:

pass the ball to Kobe
give Kobe high fives
"hit" Kobe in the right spots, yes homo
talk to Mike Brown for Kobe
wear Kobe System shoes
:lol

Rule number 1: Kobe eats first
Rule number 2: Kobe eats second

Nash
03-16-2012, 02:14 AM
What is he suppose to do? You think they'll late him do that much or control the offense with Kobe, Gasol and Bynum around?

konex
03-16-2012, 02:15 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

KeyNote
03-16-2012, 02:15 AM
Realistically I really think he'll get about 13 PPG, 8 Ast, 3 Reb a game with us..getting the bulk of the minutes too..30 - 35 mins

But it's all about keeping his TOs down...I've honestly watched him play a lot this year and I think he can be so good surrounded by this type of talent

RazorBaLade
03-16-2012, 02:19 AM
Realistic and id still be pleased expectations- a better steve blake. 10 pts 5 ast a game, good for a 3 in the clutch but 4th option after metta, wont win games for us but help as a 3rd option on best nights

Letting myself get hyped - 16 pts 10 ast , can go and score 25 and win us games

Phantom_Blue
03-16-2012, 02:19 AM
Smush Parker, no joke.

KOBEtherealKing
03-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Realistically I really think he'll get about 13 PPG, 8 Ast, 3 Reb a game with us..getting the bulk of the minutes too..30 - 35 mins

But it's all about keeping his TOs down...I've honestly watched him play a lot this year and I think he can be so good surrounded by this type of talent
This!! Please..and Hopefully lakers can add another scorer to the bench via buyouts

PHaYze
03-16-2012, 02:21 AM
Smush Parker, no joke.
Smush averaged 15/12/9/6/4 his first two games with the Lakers so that'd be an awesome improvement over Fisher.

Story Up
03-16-2012, 02:21 AM
Realistic and id still be pleased expectations- a better steve blake. 10 pts 5 ast a game, good for a 3 in the clutch but 4th option after metta, wont win games for us but help as a 3rd option

Letting myself get hyped - 16 pts 10 ast , can go and score 25 and win us games
This guy is a 16/8 PG when given minutes he always been in tough situations with a better PG on the team.

13 PPG, 7 APG, 3-4 RPG on 44-45%

TheBigVeto
03-16-2012, 02:29 AM
His PPG will drop by 10 per game. He'll average fewer than 5 points per game. Kobe will take over all his shots.

cavsfanatic
03-16-2012, 02:32 AM
Sessions improved his 3 pt shot tremendously this season. He has horrendous court vision though and you will see when he misses wide open shooters in the corner... wait The Lakers don't have any shooters nvm

I<3NBA
03-16-2012, 02:39 AM
Kobe will turn him into the next Rondo. that hard nosed leadership he was lacking, he'll get it from Kobe. Kobe will drive him so hard he'll have dreams of Kobe riding him while shouting "Listen to the man with 5 rings Sessions! Pass the fkng ball! To me! I'm sorry, did I stutter? I said pass the f-u-c-k-i-n-g ball!"

alenleomessi
03-16-2012, 02:49 AM
8/5/2 on around 42%

roffie
03-16-2012, 02:55 AM
Kobe will turn him into the next Rondo. that hard nosed leadership he was lacking, he'll get it from Kobe. Kobe will drive him so hard he'll have dreams of Kobe riding him while shouting "Listen to the man with 5 rings Sessions! Pass the fkng ball! To me! I'm sorry, did I stutter? I said pass the f-u-c-k-i-n-g ball!"

yep, potential next rondo. with the The Gawd and The Twin Towers.. and World Peace

brandonislegend
03-16-2012, 03:03 AM
Sessions improved his 3 pt shot tremendously this season. He has horrendous court vision though and you will see when he misses wide open shooters in the corner... wait The Lakers don't have any shooters nvm

Yet he has had multiple 20 assist games

Jakeh008
03-16-2012, 03:23 AM
Hes gonna be a LA role player... Expecting him to be great is the same thing fans did when artest came over... Sessions role will be smaller now. If he averages 12 3 6 it should be considered a success.

Nash-tastic
03-16-2012, 06:29 AM
As far as I know, he's not a good 3 point shooter is he?

CeltsGarlic
03-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Lakers rules:

1. Kobe is always right
2. If Kobe is not right, check rule nr.1

I expect him to follow these

FPJ
03-16-2012, 06:38 AM
He's a good PG but we'll have to wait and see what Brown/Kobe let him do on the field. I see him helping Bynum and Gasol having a better FG% (giving them better passes). In terms of shooting, it really depends on Kobe.

INDI
03-16-2012, 08:25 AM
I believe he will give us 10pts, 7asts, 3 rb. But the thing that I'most excited about is consistent penetration. To have Kobe as the only penetrator severely diminished what this team was capable of doing, now that we have a pg that can get in the paint expect our big men to put in even more work

Bigsmoke
03-16-2012, 09:29 AM
like 10 and 7

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-16-2012, 10:28 AM
not worried about his stats. I just want him to play lockdown defense on Chris Paul, Tony Parker, and Westbrook. If he can do that, Lakers will be in the Championship.

Story Up
03-16-2012, 10:28 AM
I believe he will give us 10pts, 7asts, 3 rb. But the thing that I'most excited about is consistent penetration. To have Kobe as the only penetrator severely diminished what this team was capable of doing, now that we have a pg that can get in the paint expect our big men to put in even more work
Bingo, another penetrator who is pass first PG = set up Drew and Pau more often.

Kobe can also rest more now bc Sess will make our bigs job easier.

maxhornets
03-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Sessions will be a 9pts 8asissts guy on the lakers

HylianNightmare
03-16-2012, 10:36 AM
championship

madmax17
03-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Pass Magic as number one in total assists.

Doctor Rivers
03-16-2012, 10:42 AM
not worried about his stats. I just want him to play lockdown defense on Chris Paul, Tony Parker, and Westbrook. If he can do that, Lakers will be in the Championship.

lol name me any player in the league that has the ability to do that consistently

skaterbasist
03-16-2012, 10:46 AM
12/5/3 on 45% in 28MPG.. Which is all they really need (plus some D).

Kobe/Bynum/Gasol will do most of the scoring.

Meticode
03-16-2012, 10:46 AM
lol name me any player in the league that has the ability to do that consistently
*looks at username*...

Meticode
03-16-2012, 10:48 AM
8ppg, 5apg

BlueandGold
03-16-2012, 10:51 AM
lol @ some of these Sessions stat lines.. 16/8, 14/10, LOL. How is Sessions going to have the ball enough so he can get those numbers? Kobe not only leads the team in shots taken but also in actually handling the ball, especially during the 4th. Kobe drive/double teams are almost a bread and butter way of the Lakers to get a surefire shot down the stretch and in tandem with the gasol picknroll is almost unstoppable in the halfcourt, which will be the dominant style of play in the playoffs.

Sessions won't get the ball enough to get anywhere near his career averages, which is 10/5/3. I'll go out on a limb and say he'll average 8/4/3. Also i'll admit I've probably seen sessions play less than 5 times, it says he's 6'3 but he's also seemed like an undersized PG to me, especially given his rather scrawny frame.

I remember when people were predicting Steve Blake's numbers when he first showed in town and the consensus was about a 10/4/3 type of player, especially given the potential copious amount of minutes that can be offered at the 1 position in LA, obviously he got nowhere near the mark. If anything Blake is a better pure PG and passer than Sessions and both are undersized so I still don't see how this does anything.

So my prediction: steve blake type role. Will average just enough minutes and points/assists to not have people wonder why he's not in the D-league but nothing special.

dynasty1978
03-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Just for the heck of it, here are the averages for PGs playing in their first year with the Lakers since '04:

Smush Parker: 11.5 ppg and 3.7 apg on 44.7% FG in

Chucky Atkins: 13.6 ppg and 4.4 apg on 42.6% FG

Derek Fisher: 11.7 ppg and 2.9 APG on 43.6% FG

Willing to bet anyone that Sessions eclipses the above production with ease by season's end. The impact that he can and will have on this offense is legit.

Doctor Rivers
03-16-2012, 10:55 AM
*looks at username*...

:confusedshrug:

BlueandGold
03-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Just for the heck of it, here are the averages for PGs playing in their first year with the Lakers since '04:

Smush Parker: 11.5 ppg and 3.7 apg on 44.7% FG in

Chucky Atkins: 13.6 ppg and 4.4 apg on 42.6% FG

Derek Fisher: 11.7 ppg and 2.9 APG on 43.6% FG

Willing to bet anyone that Sessions eclipses the above production with ease by season's end. The impact that he can and will have on this offense is legit.
Yea but who were the 2nd and 3rd options on those teams beside Kobe? It's a not different when you average those numbers on a depleted Lakers squad or in a small-market team with less talent but there's no way he'll get close to those numbers in the current system of basketball in LA. Gasol/Bynum/Kobe all demand the ball too much, the best he can hope for is assists but as i stated in my last post Kobe gets a lot of the ball handling duties as well given his double teams create offense for the Lakers.

chips93
03-16-2012, 11:44 AM
12-15ppg, 6-8apg, decent defense, solid outside shooter

boozehound
03-16-2012, 11:55 AM

where the **** are people getting 8 assists as a projection? Do you really think he will have the ball in his hand enough to set up kobe off of curls or something? He is a definite improvement, but the stans need to temper their expectations. Hes a dribble drive guard with a shaky outside shot and really weak defense. I expect to see him at about 5 assists and 13 ppg on 43% or so.

boozehound
03-16-2012, 11:58 AM
do any of you people even pay attention? Have you ever seen him play past his rookie season blow up (all of 17 games in a broke, get yours system)?

chips93
03-16-2012, 12:04 PM
do any of you people even pay attention? Have you ever seen him play past his rookie season blow up (all of 17 games in a broke, get yours system)?

ive seen every cavs game this year

i think that qualifies me to make a decent projection

how many of his games have you seen this year?

i said 6-8, because 8 is the max i see him getting

boozehound
03-16-2012, 01:02 PM
ive seen every cavs game this year

i think that qualifies me to make a decent projection

how many of his games have you seen this year?

i said 6-8, because 8 is the max i see him getting
I really meant more the decent defense and solid outside shot. No doubt he has shot it better this year, but dude is not a great outside shooter and is, really, a weak defender. I think your stats are probably pretty close, though he will be near the lower end in both. Are you a cavs fan?

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-16-2012, 01:52 PM
:confusedshrug:
I think he means Doc Rivers, who was a great defender.
For my part, you know what I meant by "lockdown"...hold them below their averages, make them work harder, etc etc.

niko
03-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Maybe 12/5? However he is going to be absolutely adored becuase the Laker PG play has sucked, and he is such a huge step up, it's going to be so noticable even though he is getting slightly overrated.

chips93
03-16-2012, 02:01 PM
I really meant more the decent defense and solid outside shot. No doubt he has shot it better this year, but dude is not a great outside shooter and is, really, a weak defender. I think your stats are probably pretty close, though he will be near the lower end in both. Are you a cavs fan?

yup

this year he has clearly shot well, and shows no signs of slowing down in that department

his defense isnt as bad this year as its used to be

players can improve you know, and sessions has improved a lot, on defense, on outside shooting, and his passing. trust me, ive seen it.

Eric Cartman
03-16-2012, 02:03 PM
"When you take into the fact that you are replacing nothing that makes you something." - Stephen A. Smith

HighFlyer23
03-16-2012, 02:06 PM
pass to kobe

wakencdukest
03-16-2012, 02:48 PM

This. Between Fisher and Blake, they ALWAYS pulled up just inside mid-court and looked to pass to the wing or post, there was never a thought of driving to the hoop. At least Sessions could give us that guy who can penetrate and draw the defense, get layups or dish the ball. We haven't had that out of our point guards for a long time.

LA_Showtime
03-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Sessions doesn't have to put up big numbers or lockdown opposing guards. He has to learn the offense, get along with Kobe, control the tempo of the game, and feed the big men. He's got the easiest job in the world; his season average is better than Fisher's season high this year.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Sessions doesn't have to put up big numbers or lockdown opposing guards. He has to learn the offense, get along with Kobe, control the tempo of the game, and feed the big men. He's got the easiest job in the world; his season average is better than Fisher's season high this year.

You mean Kobe ball? Mike Brown has no offense. :oldlol:

I'll say 10/5 on solid shooting %'s (he'll be playing off of Kobe, Gasol and Bynum).

DMV2
03-16-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm expecting the Glock to get more minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b64GEqHNKoo

Can he get at least 15 MPG or something around that range?

04mzwach
03-16-2012, 03:59 PM
I honestly think Steve Blake will start over him after a couple of weeks. :confusedshrug:

Eric Cartman
03-16-2012, 04:02 PM
You mean Kobe ball? Mike Brown has no offense. :oldlol:

I'll say 10/5 on solid shooting %'s (he'll be playing off of Kobe, Gasol and Bynum).

http://static.igossip.com/photos_2012/53/You_Dont_Say

http://profileimages.torn.com/5ea814f3-117d-8b62-1019122.jpg

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-16-2012, 04:26 PM
[IMG][IMG]

:oldlol: :applause:

Droid101
03-16-2012, 04:35 PM
I honestly think Steve Blake will start over him after a couple of weeks. :confusedshrug:
Steve Blake has never had over a 12 PER. Ramon Session's career LOW PER was 12.4

Even if you don't like PER as a stat, I think you can agree that players with 9 or lower PER (Fisher, Blake, Chris Duhon, Bill Walker, John Salmons, et al) are worse than players with around 16 PER's (DeJuan Blair, Jared Dudley, Paul George, Tony Allen, RAMON SESSIONS)

Yanch856
03-16-2012, 05:08 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

I mean, as a casual fan, who the hell is Ramone Sessions? Doesnt even pass the name recognition test. If Lakers were serious they would have traded for Kyrie Irving.

Sounds like desperation to me - to get rid of Fisher that is.

wakencdukest
03-16-2012, 05:20 PM

I mean, as a casual fan, who the hell is Ramone Sessions? Doesnt even pass the name recognition test. If Lakers were serious they would have traded for Kyrie Irving.

Yeah, a casual fan probably thinks that we can just trade for anyone we want. But, a casual fan doesn't know that the cavs would never trade Irving, the guy is gonna be rookie of the year and is the future in Cleveland. A casual fan would also think it was desperate to trade Fisher, when every other fan knows that he was the worst point guard in the league.

G-Funk
03-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Yeah, a casual fan probably thinks that we can just trade for anyone we want. But, a casual fan doesn't know that the cavs would never trade Irving, the guy is gonna be rookie of the year and is the future in Cleveland. A casual fan would also think it was desperate to trade Fisher, when every other fan knows that he was the worst point guard in the league.
:oldlol:

Yanch856
03-16-2012, 05:27 PM
:oldlol:

BlackVVaves
03-16-2012, 05:53 PM

You're dumb as ****, don't post here no more. :crazysam:

AMISTILLILL
03-16-2012, 06:05 PM

http://i.imgur.com/4g1me.gif

Do you understand the limitations of reality?

gtfomyface
03-16-2012, 06:09 PM

better yet why didn't they trade for lebron, i mean blake + metta + fisher should cover it

ramon kobe lebron pau drew....

lilgodfather1
03-16-2012, 06:13 PM
I really hope Ramon averages 16/10 so someone pays him more next offseason than the Lakers wil. That would absolutely guarantee that the Cavs win the trade.

longtime lurker
03-16-2012, 06:39 PM
I expect Ramon Sessions to win a title.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-16-2012, 06:56 PM
3 realistic thing:
1: Keep your man in front of you on D
2: Play hard p&r defense
3: Drive to the hoop aggressively

thats all...rest will take care of itself

lpublic_enemyl
03-16-2012, 07:54 PM
10 ppg 6.5 assists 4.0 rebs 1.5 turnovers on 43% fg% 35% 3fg% 78 ft%

Eat Like A Bosh
03-16-2012, 10:07 PM
I expect Ramon Sessions to be a slightly better Steve Blake.

konex
03-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Do you guys still think I'm crazy to predict him as an allstar next year?

konex
03-23-2012, 03:31 PM
I expect Ramon Sessions to be a slightly better Steve Blake.

:roll: :biggums:

RazorBaLade
03-23-2012, 03:40 PM

cp3 westbrook are locks

nash might make it, then theres lowry and deron might come to the conference.

ramon might be t5 but hes not gonna be t3.. hes not better than lowry

jb220
Hell no dude he's looking awesome out there, I'd give him a few more games to get completely one with the team and I'd expect to see some crazy numbers from Sesh.

I think he'll average 22/8/5 next year 48% shooting, 45% 3pt, I think Kobe's numbers will drop, around 25/5/5 on 45% since he's gonna have to exert himself more and he'll be playing less. Gasol will be 18/8 and Bynum 27/15

chips93
sessions is averaging exactly 12ppg and 6 apg, with 42% from three

:pimp:

fvck sample size

konex
03-23-2012, 03:43 PM
cp3 westbrook are locks

I'm assuming the Lakers will be a top 2 seed if healthy next year. Bynum has the C spot locked up and I think Gasol's days as an Allstar might be over with Bynum's increased role. Lowry isn't getting it over a Lakers PG putting up nice stats with a top record. Deron could screw it up though lol

Godzuki
03-23-2012, 04:46 PM
cp3 westbrook are locks

he can be if Kobe doesn't dominate the ball but too bad Kobe will at some points. Session's could avg 10 assists minimum throughout the rest of the year if there weren't no Kobe.

PickernRoller
03-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Funny how the discussions is about stats and not how he fits and puts this team in a position to win games. Who gives a shit about stats, as long as the Lakers win games as a result of his contributions and proves that he's all in + dependable at crunch time I care little about the stats he pulls out. He's going to have great nights and off nights like all players in the NBA, stats are going to fluctuate and be all over the place. Moreover, he's going to have to get accustomed to the team and gain critical experience from the champs in Kobe and Gasol.......how successfully he fits with Kobe and the Bigs is the critical thing here......my expectations are for him to fit the same way Fisher did or better........numbers always pour as team play gets better.

KeyNote
03-23-2012, 07:02 PM

well he kind of accomplished my prediction is less than 30 mins

now that he'll be the starter and seeing what he's done in limited minutes, i'll say 15 PPG, 9 AST, 4 Reb, 50% FG, 85% FT, 1 STL, 2 TOs

konex
03-24-2012, 12:50 AM
This was so predictable :pimp:

Deuce Bigalow
03-24-2012, 02:23 AM
2012 Finals MVP......:D