PDA

View Full Version : What purpose do mosquitoes and bed bugs serve?

Hazard
03-17-2012, 05:12 PM
As far as I know their whole purpose is to travel organism to organism and suck blood while spreading diseases such as malaria and aids (bed bugs). They're basically a flying used needle. With the climate change and the fact that we pretty much had no winter we can only expect the mosquito population to thrive, and bring us endless hell this summer.

I think its up to us as humans to understand and preserve the natural order of things. Seeing as how those pests serve no real purpose whatsoever, I wouldn't be against a concentrated effort to completely wipe them off the face of the earth. Along with a concentrated effort to preserve the animal and insect population that we put in jeopardy due to our harmful, unnatural lifestyle. Even if a certain creature serves no real purpose, but its existence is not harmful to anyone it should be preserved. Flying needles and aids infested bugs are a different story.

Nanners
03-17-2012, 05:14 PM
i dont know about bed bugs, but mosquitos definitely serve a purpose. the mosquitos are gonna be feasting on you this summer, meanwhile amphibians, spiders and other insects are gonna be feasting on the mosquitos. if we wiped out all mosquitos, food webs for entire ecosystems could collapse. it would be bad.

Hazard
03-17-2012, 05:15 PM
i dont know about bed bugs, but mosquitos definitely serve a purpose. the mosquitos are gonna be feasting on you this summer, meanwhile amphibians, spiders and other insects are gonna be feasting on the mosquitos.
They can also feast on flies and many other forms of insects. Mosquitoes are not essential to amphibians, simply an option.

Nanners
03-17-2012, 05:17 PM
They can also feast on flies and many other forms of insects. Mosquitoes are not essential to amphibians, simply an option.

thats not really how nature works bro. i would bet that there are tons of species that have adapted specifically to eat mosquitos.

iamgine
03-17-2012, 05:18 PM
So how are we going to wipe them out without harming anything else?

Scoooter
03-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Mosquitos are among the most effect human population control out there. Over a million malaria deaths a year.

MMM
03-17-2012, 05:19 PM
so your solution to our harmful/unnatural life style is to wipe out mosquitoes and bed bugs???

Legend of Josh
03-17-2012, 05:24 PM
I hope one of those 'flying needles' fly'z straight up your pooper and somehow finds it's way into the inside of your ******** and chompz down on some nut.

:biggums:

"wha'd that e-ga just say?!"

Hazard
03-17-2012, 05:27 PM
so your solution to our harmful/unnatural life style is to wipe out mosquitoes and bed bugs???
Did I say it was a solution? I think us being the most dominant and intelligent species on this planet, we have a responsibility to understand what impact certain species have on the natural order of life. I am obviously not serious when I say wipe them out especially considering I don't know the repercussions of doing so. Our lifestyle is completely out of control and irrational. I just don't see how wiping out mosquitoes and bed bugs could bring more harm than good. They're pests to the highest degree.

Nanners
03-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Did I say it was a solution? I think us being the most dominant and intelligent species on this planet, we have a responsibility to understand what impact certain species have on the natural order of life. I am obviously not serious when I say wipe them out especially considering I don't know the repercussions of doing so. Our lifestyle is completely out of control and irrational. I just don't see how wiping out mosquitoes and bed bugs could bring more harm than good. They're pests to the highest degree.

i think we intelligent and dominant humans do understand the impact that mosquitos have on the natural order of life. people have studied the shit out of mosquitos for a long time.

Hazard
03-17-2012, 05:34 PM
i dont know about bed bugs, but mosquitos definitely serve a purpose. the mosquitos are gonna be feasting on you this summer, meanwhile amphibians, spiders and other insects are gonna be feasting on the mosquitos. if we wiped out all mosquitos, food webs for entire ecosystems could collapse. it would be bad.
Maybe you're right. I'm not as informed about mosquitoes as I should be, they just piss me off and I know they're coming in even higher numbers than before.

Legend of Josh
03-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Maybe you're right. I'm not as informed about mosquitoes as I should be, they just piss me off and I know they're coming in even higher numbers than before.

The only thing coming in even higher numbers if James Akena on the streets of San Diego.

GOBB
03-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Not like we live in the amazon jungle. I do think folks could do a better job controlling the population though. Whoever is responsible, just go out to where they breed and kill some off. That said how often do mosquitos affect you in a given year? 12 months.

Bed bugs however are disgusting, and I have no idea what purpose those serve.

Hazard
03-17-2012, 05:48 PM
The only thing coming in even higher numbers if James Akena on the streets of San Diego.
:oldlol: I think you might mean Jason Russell.

miller-time
03-17-2012, 06:59 PM
they're probably food for other animals.

Rockets(T-mac)
03-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Did I say it was a solution? I think us being the most dominant and intelligent species on this planet, we have a responsibility to understand what impact certain species have on the natural order of life. I am obviously not serious when I say wipe them out especially considering I don't know the repercussions of doing so. Our lifestyle is completely out of control and irrational. I just don't see how wiping out mosquitoes and bed bugs could bring more harm than good. They're pests to the highest degree.Pests to humans maybe, but not to every animal on earth.

GOBB
03-17-2012, 07:47 PM
they're probably food for other animals.

Probably? Ya think? :hammerhead:

DaHeezy
03-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Bed bugs are just plain nasty. Living in the crevaces of your mattress, eating your fallen dead skin, leaching for blood. Those little bastards only fukk with you while you sleep. They are the assh0les of the insect community.

Legend of Josh
03-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Bed bugs are just plain nasty. Living in the crevaces of your mattress, eating your fallen dead skin, leaching for blood. Those little bastards only fukk with you while you sleep. They are the assh0les of the insect community.

So if we were all insects, then you'd be a bedbug? Anyone who gets pissed at their son for throwing too much TP in the crap'r and then stepping in front of the TV is an a-hole, not to mention when they jump on ISH to tell everyone about it; that makes you a double a-hole.

:lol

gigantes
03-17-2012, 08:51 PM
I think its up to us as humans to understand and preserve the natural order of things.
i used to think that was a viable option. not so much, anymore. the one confidence that i have left, and that is a rock-solid confidence, is that nature will balance things out. the way that it always does.

JEFFERSON MONEY
03-19-2012, 04:41 PM
While we're on this topic, anyone feel liek there's an overabudnance of squirrels?

Do these f*ckers sh!t seeds through their sh!t? Or is that just deer?

Any dudes who know a lot about ecology (LOOKING AT MR DW HERE) lemem know the most valuable creatures and the least.

It's time for Planet Earth to return to its former beauty and glory. God Bless Her.

timlush
03-19-2012, 04:43 PM
What is the purpose of humans?

-p.tiddy-
03-19-2012, 04:45 PM
to live, love, and enjoy life

FatComputerNerd
03-19-2012, 04:45 PM

Good question. We are also parasites.

DaHeezy
03-19-2012, 04:56 PM
So if we were all insects, then you'd be a bedbug? Anyone who gets pissed at their son for throwing too much TP in the crap'r and then stepping in front of the TV is an a-hole, not to mention when they jump on ISH to tell everyone about it; that makes you a double a-hole.

:lol

Good one Costanza! Hairy dee hair hair!
So if I'm bedbugs, would that make you headline? Nuisances that thrive in between hair follicles. Wait, you can't grow hair so you couldn't experience it.

Praise the lord!

Godzuki
03-19-2012, 05:44 PM
man you could get rid of a lot of stuff without much adverse effects, don't let all of those nature/environmental people scare you that much. they don't know either, they're just guessing and being protective. theres obvious stuff that affects the food chains but all life is adaptive as well. if there were no more mosquitos then they'd prey more on moths or flies, or some crap. annhilating bed bugs couldn't possibly effect anything we care about either....do it! :pimp:

burnsy87
03-19-2012, 05:54 PM
man you could get rid of a lot of stuff without much adverse effects, don't let all of those nature/environmental people scare you that much. they don't know either, they're just guessing and being protective. theres obvious stuff that affects the food chains but all life is adaptive as well. if there were no more mosquitos then they'd prey more on moths or flies, or some crap. annhilating bed bugs couldn't possibly effect anything we care about either....do it! :pimp:

There is no effort to preserve bed bugs. They are just simply everywhere and rather impossible to control.

That's like saying we should eradicate cancer right now!

Godzuki
03-19-2012, 05:59 PM
There is no effort to preserve bed bugs. They are just simply everywhere and rather impossible to control.

That's like saying we should eradicate cancer right now!

i don't think they've taken it seriously enough to find a solution to them. most scientists, CDC, or whomever probably thinks of Bed Bugs as a annoyance, but not a major issue to push research on exterminating. i'm sure if it became as worrisome as SARS or Bird Flu, there would be a solution made.

ihatetimthomas
03-19-2012, 06:03 PM
i don't think they've taken it seriously enough to find a solution to them. most scientists, CDC, or whomever probably thinks of Bed Bugs as a annoyance, but not a major issue to push research on exterminating. i'm sure if it became as worrisome as SARS or Bird Flu, there would be a solution made.

Yeah I hardly think its worth it to spend millions upon millions to figure out how to kill off bed bugs just bc they are annoying:oldlol:

nightprowler10
03-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Mosquitos are among the most effect human population control out there. Over a million malaria deaths a year.
This.

Hazard
03-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Since we're the only organism on this planet that's capable of thinking ahead and learning from the past, I think it should be our purpose to use those gifts to better the future. If you're asking what our purpose is now... I would say overgrown bed bug with a death wish.

When I said we're the most dominant species on the planet I wasn't kidding. When animals fight, people are kind of like oh look they're fighting, when we fight we blow off a chunk of the Earth. So we can either say, hey this shit ain't working or we can continue to march towards our own destruction.

KingBeasley08
03-19-2012, 06:27 PM
I hope one of those 'flying needles' fly'z straight up your pooper and somehow finds it's way into the inside of your ******** and chompz down on some nut.

:biggums:

"wha'd that e-ga just say?!"
:roll:

nathanjizzle
03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
humans are the most worthless creatures on this earth, misquitos are doing the planet earth the most favor. Look at us, we use up all the natural resources, only to burn it and pollute the planet, we slaughter billions of animals just to eat and destroy the natural ecosystem.

This thread is sorry and narcissistic.

nathanjizzle
03-19-2012, 06:32 PM
and as your sitting there, a fuel generator is turning and putting pollutants in the air just so you could have electricity to post something so stupid online with your computer.

KingBeasley08
03-19-2012, 06:33 PM
humans are the most worthless creatures on this earth, misquitos are doing the planet earth the most favor. Look at us, we use up all the natural resources, only to burn it and pollute the planet, we slaughter billions of animals just to eat and destroy the natural ecosystem.

kill yourself ph*ggot

Hazard
03-19-2012, 11:40 PM
and as your sitting there, a fuel generator is turning and putting pollutants in the air just so you could have electricity to post something so stupid online with your computer.

Yeah, and what are you gonna do about it?

Cangri
03-20-2012, 12:38 AM

The Earth is doomed anyway, one day it will get impacted by an asteroid or the Sun will blow up and destroy everything, so why not let us have our way with it?

miller-time
03-20-2012, 12:45 AM
The Earth is doomed anyway, one day it will get impacted by an asteroid or the Sun will blow up and destroy everything, so why not let us have our way with it?

extending that, we are the only species that are capable of saving it from an asteroid, or (maybe) eventually moving us and a few other species (ala noah) to a new planet before the sun blows up.

-p.tiddy-
03-20-2012, 12:51 AM
extending that, we are the only species that are capable of saving it from an asteroid, or (maybe) eventually moving us and a few other species (ala noah) to a new planet before the sun blows up.
Extending that, a "parasite" like mankind using up a planet's natural resources may be the natural process all planets that harbor life goes through.

Legend of Josh
03-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Extending that, a "parasite" like mankind using up a planet's natural resources may be the natural process all planets that harbor life goes through.

Hopefully, there'll be other intelligent life on whatever planet we attempt to travel to and attempt to save our species. Kind of like one of those 'you made your bed, now lay in it' type ordeals. Maybe said new planet we attempt to land Captain Kurk's Starship on will pull a Dikembe Mutombo on some "get that shit outta here!"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iEUxKIdIjYs/TUJF1DJEMJI/AAAAAAAAChs/YfpOCt_T-p0/s1600/Mutombo+finger.jpg

Godzuki
03-20-2012, 09:34 AM

you're just trollin, right? :confusedshrug: