PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony is Stephon Marbury 2.0

iDefend5
03-18-2012, 04:29 PM
http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2012/03/is_carmelo_anthony_the_knicks.html

[QUOTE]
The Knicks are 3-0 since interim coach Mike Woodson took over for Mike D'Antoni. In each of those three performances they've gotten tremendous offensive and defensive production from nearly the entire roster. They're getting stops on one end and making easy baskets on the other. What could possibly be better?

But if there is one blight upon the team's recent success, it's superstar forward Carmelo Anthony, writes Ebenezer Samuel of the New York Daily News. In fact, Samuel has been warning readers for nearly a year that Anthony is a newer version of Stephon Marbury, the supremely talented former Knicks guard who now plays in China largely because of his inability to play within a team concept.

"'Meet Stephon Marbury 2.0' is how I so eloquently put it, and 'Beware the dark age,' I cautioned," Samuel wrote. "And today, all those Knicks fans who now boo Melo during pregame introductions at a pricier MSG see my point. You can

chauzer
03-18-2012, 04:36 PM
http://media-cdn8.pinterest.com/upload/131730357820626281_pMF5dNIf_f.jpg

marshmelo

Eric Cartman
03-18-2012, 04:36 PM
He is fat.

FindingTim
03-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Carmelo has already had twice the career Marbury had, maybe thrice

NumberSix
03-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Marbury > Melo

LamarOdom
03-18-2012, 04:54 PM

Steph averaged atleast 17,5 ppg and 7,5 apg for 10 yrs.

blablabla
03-18-2012, 04:56 PM
:facepalm

LABean
03-18-2012, 04:58 PM
**** Carmelo.

get these NETS
03-18-2012, 04:58 PM
can't believe the reporter gets paid money

he wrote an article about another reporter's article

themurph
03-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Bullshit analogy....SMH

strifed169
03-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Mike Breen dont even like Carmelo, he was good friends with Dantoni and when fans were chanting something incoherent at Indiana he made it clear they were chanting premadona @ Melo :lol

Rnbizzle
03-18-2012, 05:23 PM
can't believe the reporter gets paid money

he wrote an article about another reporter's article
I was thinking the same thing. :lol

1_BAD_TIGER
03-18-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't see how Melo is the problem, right now he may not be a good fit, and NY need to decide if they want to build around him or try to get something in a trade, but Carmelo took the Nuggets to the playoffs every year and played well with his team mates, why can't he do that with the Knicks? Are the Knicks as an organization that much inferior to the Nuggets, where they can't harness the talent of one player?

Rowe
03-18-2012, 07:33 PM
I don't see how Melo is the problem, right now he may not be a good fit, and NY need to decide if they want to build around him or try to get something in a trade, but Carmelo took the Nuggets to the playoffs every year and played well with his team mates, why can't he do that with the Knicks? Are the Knicks as an organization that much inferior to the Nuggets, where they can't harness the talent of one player?

As I'll say again.

The Knicks have the dumbest fanbase in the NBA.

Like 98% of this fanbase lives off of a game to game basis with little cognitive ability to think about 5 or even 10 games ahead. This is why you see stupid threads like this.

CelticBaller
03-18-2012, 07:36 PM

marshmelo
Melo during playoff times :oldlol:

SacJB Shady
03-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Trade Carmelo Anthony for Iggy

Lebron23
03-18-2012, 07:48 PM

Trade Carmelo for Josh Smith.

DropStep
03-18-2012, 07:56 PM
As I'll say again.

The Knicks have the dumbest fanbase in the NBA.

Like 98% of this fanbase lives off of a game to game basis with little cognitive ability to think about 5 or even 10 games ahead. This is why you see stupid threads like this.

I have lived in Brooklyn NYC my entire life and I am genuinely amazed everyday at how much our fanbase sucks. They want to see heads roll after one game. Nothing will ever please them, even though the Knicks havnt been shit for almost 12 years now.
The Knicks are in a process of trying to make all the pieces fit. There is a reason why the Bulls can keep winning without half their starters while the Knicks cant win with all of them. Bulls have an identity and are well coached.

longtime lurker
03-18-2012, 08:22 PM
LOL @ comparing Anthony to Marbury. It's not like Marbury was actually a bad player, it's just that your team would go no where with him as the best player on your team. Contrast that with Anthony who's never missed the playoffs and shown that he can be that guy to build your team around.

Sarcastic
03-18-2012, 08:24 PM

Nah, we'll hold onto him.

AMISTILLILL
03-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Trade Carmelo for Josh Smith.

Trade Carmelo.

PHaYze
03-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Melo for Kobe, Bynum and Jeanie Buss.

ClutchOver9000
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM
I might be one of the only people on this board who neither likes nor hates Melo. :confusedshrug:

Seems to be a bunch of Melo haters and a good number of Melo homers, not a lot of gray area it seems when it comes to this topic...

AMISTILLILL
03-18-2012, 08:35 PM
I might be one of the only people on this board who neither likes nor hates Melo. :confusedshrug:

Seems to be a bunch of Melo haters and a good number of Melo homers, not a lot of gray area it seems when it comes to this topic...

I didn't used to mind the guy, but his flaws as a player have been exposed on a grand scale in New York. It would be one thing if he was at least receptive to the idea of adapting to the team system, but he's not. It's just lip service in the media and then he plays Melo ball on the floor.

FindingTim
03-18-2012, 08:39 PM
:facepalm

I looked at Marbury on basketball reference, and his career is much better than I realized. Still:

Marbury: 2 time all-star, 2 time all-NBA-- 163rd rank all-time (bball reference)
0.171 hall of fame probability rating

Carmelo: 5 time all-star, 4 time all-NBA -- 84th rank all-time (b-ball reference)
0.684 fall of fame probability rating

I don't think all-star appearances are a great tool for comparisons, but it's worth noting. Plus, Carmelo has been a consensus top 10 player for quite some time. How often was that true of Marbury?

Maybe he hasn't had twice the career, but he definitely annihilates Marbury on the all-time list.

AMISTILLILL
03-18-2012, 08:42 PM
I looked at Marbury on basketball reference, and his career is much better than I realized. Still:

Marbury: 2 time all-star, 2 time all-NBA-- 163rd rank all-time (bball reference)
0.171 hall of fame probability rating

Carmelo: 5 time all-star, 4 time all-NBA -- 84th rank all-time (b-ball reference)
0.684 fall of fame probability rating

I don't think all-star appearances are a great tool for comparisons, but it's worth noting. Plus, Carmelo has been a consensus top 10 player for quite some time. How often was that true of Marbury?

Maybe he hasn't had twice the career, but he definitely annihilates Marbury on the all-time list.

While I don't think they're comparable as far as career achievements are concerned, I think they're comparable in the sense that they're two supremely talented players who continually struggled to utilize their talent in a way that pushed their teams over the top.

Rowe
03-18-2012, 08:50 PM
While I don't think they're comparable as far as career achievements are concerned, I think they're comparable in the sense that they're two supremely talented players who continually struggled to utilize their talent in a way that pushed their teams over the top.

They're not comparable at that either.

The only comparable factors between Carmelo Anthony & Stephon Marbury is that neither player is a "Team Leader", both are African American, both have tattoos, and both were born in New York City.

AMISTILLILL
03-18-2012, 08:51 PM
They're not comparable at that either.

The only comparable factors between Carmelo Anthony & Stephon Marbury is that neither player is a "Team Leader", both are African American, both have tattoos, and both were born in New York City.

Oh, okay. :rolleyes:

Rowe
03-18-2012, 09:23 PM
I didn't used to mind the guy, but his flaws as a player have been exposed on a grand scale in New York. It would be one thing if he was at least receptive to the idea of adapting to the team system, but he's not. It's just lip service in the media and then he plays Melo ball on the floor.

Once again you're off base.

Melo was adaptive to the system when he was acquired from Denver last season. He followed D'Antoni's plan of him to make quicker decisions with the basketball instead of holding onto it like what would happen in Denver. He played far better off the ball giving space to Amare, shot a higher % from 3, and led us to the Playoffs.

What happened this season was a cluster****.

AMISTILLILL
03-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Once again you're off base.

Melo was adaptive to the system when he was acquired from Denver last season. He followed D'Antoni's plan of him to make quicker decisions with the basketball instead of holding onto it like what would happen in Denver. He played far better off the ball giving space to Amare, shot a higher % from 3, and led us to the Playoffs.

What happened this season was a cluster****.

Are we seriously acting like he made a concerted effort to not play ISO ball or be a ball stopper? If the critics, media, sports journalists and even semi-educated fans can see it, why can't Knicks fans?

Rowe
03-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Oh, okay. :rolleyes:
I appreciate your attempt to be insightful.

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

There literally cant be any comparison drawn between both players as far as to what they bring to a team or to the Knicks specifically unless you're predicting that Carmelo is going to have a mental breakdown due to criticism, quit on the team, and eventually seek refuge China.

AMISTILLILL
03-18-2012, 09:28 PM
I appreciate your attempt to be insightful.

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

There literally cant be any comparison drawn between both players as far as to what they bring to a team or to the Knicks specifically unless you're predicting that Carmelo is going to have a mental breakdown due to criticism, quit on the team, and eventually seek refuge China.

Nobody cares.

Rowe
03-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Are we seriously acting like he made a concerted effort to not play ISO ball or be a ball stopper? If the critics, media, sports journalists and even semi-educated fans can see it, why can't Knicks fans?
Yes, an effort was made because that is what D'Antoni wanted from him to begin the season without a PG on the floor. D'Antoni referred to Melo's role as that of "Larry Bird" and he tweaked the system by swapping places between the PG and the Wing Forward. Melo is a better ballhandler than Toney Douglas & Mike Bibby and that was the reasoning behind it

Melo's not a Point Forward. We learned the hard way.

End of Story.

Rowe
03-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Nobody cares.
You gave it a good try.:applause:

AMISTILLILL
03-18-2012, 09:47 PM
You gave it a good try.:applause:

Yes, literally everyone on this message board, besides NY fans, as well as revered analysts and impartial sports columnists across the country are all wrong. It must be a conspiracy. Where's Jesse Ventura?

If Carmelo Anthony was on any other team you would be falling in line with the chorus of disapproval this guys shoddy play garners. It's not as if your agenda isn't obvious dude.

Rowe
03-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Yes, literally everyone on this message board, besides NY fans, as well as revered analysts and impartial sports columnists across the country are all wrong. It must be a conspiracy. Where's Jesse Ventura?

If Carmelo Anthony was on any other team you would be falling in line with the chorus of disapproval this guys shoddy play garners. It's not as if your agenda isn't obvious dude.
What is my agenda? There isn't any comparison between Carmelo & Marbury.

:lol

I firmly believe Carmelo is a #1 option player in the NBA.

There are tweaks that should've been made that acknowledged a capable PG on the floor in Jeremy Lin, but also gave Melo designed plays for him to score the ball or draw a double team. For example, the final 7 minutes of the 4th quarter against your Celtics.

Im done complaining. Its a new day.

AMISTILLILL
03-18-2012, 10:07 PM
What is my agenda?

http://i42.tinypic.com/k866v.png

Rowe
03-18-2012, 10:12 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/k866v.png

Yes, I'm a sane Knicks fan.

Maybe you should trust my judgement a little more.

IamRAMBO24
03-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Yes, I'm a sane Knicks fan.

Maybe you should trust my judgement a little more.

No you're just an idiot. Stop simulating the Knicks game on NBA2K and correlating your judgment based on that; anyone with any basketball common sense will see the lack of team cohesion in the Nuggets, Knicks, and even the Olympic basketball teams. The fact that all three teams function better and has by far a better record proves beyond a shadow of doubt Carmelo is not a winner.

I mean, seriously how the f*ck can you justify the guy is a winner when he has a below .300 winning pct. on the Knicks this year and the Nuggets has won MORE games without him in the lineup since the trade?

I mean what measurement are you basing this on? Winner of lottery picks? That seems like the only thing Carmelo is helping teams "win."

TheOne
03-19-2012, 09:35 AM
CBA has turned Marbury into a team player and leader. Welcome to CBA, melo!

nzamcdza
03-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Melo is way more talented that Marybury ever was.

He still hasn't settled in NYC but if he can be fitted into the right team he is one of the leagues elite scorers.

IamRAMBO24
03-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Melo is way more talented that Marybury ever was.

He still hasn't settled in NYC but if he can be fitted into the right team he is one of the leagues elite scorers.

I swear ISH posters have the reading comprehension of little homeless children in 3rd world countries.

The article made this point:

1. Like Stephon, Melo does not add value to team chemistry.

2. Because of this, the team is not better because of him.

The article then goes on to talk about the winning without Melo in the line up. Did it try to say he was less talented than Marbury? No. Did it talk about scoring? No. All-star appearances? No. Then why the f*ck are you guys twisting it to something else other than what it is?

Unless you can argue Melo does bring team cohesion and is the MAIN reason the Knicks are winning, then stfu, you're just nagging like a bunch of whiney girls and not even talking about the same thing.

Blue&Orange
03-19-2012, 10:42 AM

lol this guy:facepalm

One name for you pal, Zach Randolph, went from Joke to All-Star by only changing the uniform, same production, same numbers.

Revered analysts :lol :roll: :oldlol:
Impartial sports columnists :lol :roll: :oldlol:

and lol at iamf@ggott24 calling somebody else a idiot :roll:

AMISTILLILL
03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
lol this guy:facepalm

One name for you pal, Zach Randolph, went from Joke to All-Star by only changing the uniform, same production, same numbers.

Revered analysts :lol :roll: :oldlol:
Impartial sports columnists :lol :roll: :oldlol:

and lol at iamf@ggott24 calling somebody else a idiot :roll:

Riveting insight as always.

Rowe
03-19-2012, 04:40 PM
No you're just an idiot. Stop simulating the Knicks game on NBA2K and correlating your judgment based on that; anyone with any basketball common sense will see the lack of team cohesion in the Nuggets, Knicks, and even the Olympic basketball teams. The fact that all three teams function better and has by far a better record proves beyond a shadow of doubt Carmelo is not a winner.
Incredible reach.

I mean, seriously how the f*ck can you justify the guy is a winner when he has a below .300 winning pct. on the Knicks this year and the Nuggets has won MORE games without him in the lineup since the trade?

- The Nuggets are no more successful now than they were with Melo. Record doesn't lie. Still a 5-7 seed team, its not like the Melo trade made them a Championship contender unless we're arguing that the West is more open now than it once was.

- A below .300 winnining pct? I'd suggest you not log into ISH during your math class.

I mean what measurement are you basing this on? Winner of lottery picks? That seems like the only thing Carmelo is helping teams "win."
Obviously I'm arguing with a troll considering its a well known fact no Melo-led team has ever been to the Lottery. The Knicks acquired Melo because they wanted to add pieces around Amare to make the Knicks competitive with Miami, but that hinged on acquiring CP3. We need him to serve as a "closer" for us by keeping us in games in the 4th quarter, outside of that we need a better effort from Amare to show more on offense than shooting jumpers. There is nothing about Melo's background that is conductive with being a "loser" which is why acquiring him as a Free Agent or via trade made the most sense for us.

Eric Cartman
03-19-2012, 04:42 PM
CBA has turned Marbury into a team player and leader. Welcome to CBA, melo!

Change of scenery will always leave you with a better understanding of your past situation.

IamRAMBO24
03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Incredible reach.

- The Nuggets are no more successful now than they were with Melo. Record doesn't lie. Still a 5-7 seed team, its not like the Melo trade made them a Championship contender unless we're arguing that the West is more open now than it once was.

- A below .300 winnining pct? I'd suggest you not log into ISH during your math class.

Obviously I'm arguing with a troll considering its a well known fact no Melo-led team has ever been to the Lottery. The Knicks acquired Melo because they wanted to add pieces around Amare to make the Knicks competitive with Miami, but that hinged on acquiring CP3. We need him to serve as a "closer" for us by keeping us in games in the 4th quarter, outside of that we need a better effort from Amare to show more on offense than shooting jumpers. There is nothing about Melo's background that is conductive with being a "loser" which is why acquiring him as a Free Agent or via trade made the most sense for us.

The Knicks with a Melo-led team (meaning he takes the most shots, plays the most minutes and scores the most point) is a lottery team. FACT. The stats speak for themselves.

10-18.

I'm being objective here; just because you have a hard on for all those fancy fade aways, big stats, and nice highlights does not excuse the fact he is not a winner.

How much more clear can I be by pointing out 10-18?

Y'know what is sad? You are trying to defend Melo by saying the Nuggets are just as good without him. (I still think they are better and the Knicks are worst).

Do you know how stupid you sound? If the Nuggets are just as good without Melo, doesn't that mean he is NOT responsible for their success? If Lebron left the Cavs and they are still playoff contenders, then it is a reasonable argument to say there are other factors that contribute to the success of the team and that Lebron had little to do with it considering they are just as successful, if not more, without him.

Why the f*ck can't the same thing be said about Melo? The Nuggets are still playoff contenders, the Knicks (a playoff bound team last year) are now high stakes lottery LOSERS and will be lucky to be in the playoffs with a stack team.

The article made a good point: Melo does not bring team cohesion and the team suffers as a result.

knicksman
03-19-2012, 07:06 PM
The Knicks with a Melo-led team (meaning he takes the most shots, plays the most minutes and scores the most point) is a lottery team. FACT. The stats speak for themselves.

10-18.

I'm being objective here; just because you have a hard on for all those fancy fade aways, big stats, and nice highlights does not excuse the fact he is not a winner.

How much more clear can I be by pointing out 10-18?

Y'know what is sad? You are trying to defend Melo by saying the Nuggets are just as good without him. (I still think they are better and the Knicks are worst).

Do you know how stupid you sound? If the Nuggets are just as good without Melo, doesn't that mean he is NOT responsible for their success? If Lebron left the Cavs and they are still playoff contenders, then it is a reasonable argument to say there are other factors that contribute to the success of the team and that Lebron had little to do with it considering they are just as successful, if not more, without him.

Why the f*ck can't the same thing be said about Melo? The Nuggets are still playoff contenders, the Knicks (a playoff bound team last year) are now high stakes lottery LOSERS and will be lucky to be in the playoffs with a stack team.

The article made a good point: Melo does not bring team cohesion and the team suffers as a result.

do you realize nuggets were contenders before melo left to now back to first round exits dumbass. And if youre not in favor of melo then you must be in favor of dantoni and only idiots would favor his small ball and pg centric offense which hasnt won since isiah. Most teams that won are centered around scorers. LOL

IamRAMBO24
03-19-2012, 07:08 PM
do you realize nuggets were contenders before melo left to now back to first round exits dumbass.

If the star is legit, the team tanks. PERIOD.

knicksman
03-19-2012, 07:14 PM
the haters are in full force now coz they know this their last chance to hate:lol

GoldNugg21
03-19-2012, 07:14 PM

The Cavs got nothing for LeBron, while the Nuggets got a substantial haul (including 3, maybe 4 starting caliber NBA players) for Melo. That might have a teeny bit to do with the directions of the franchises after their star left.

I realize it's fun to rag on Melo right now, and he has been pretty bad this year, but the guy has been a winner at every level. He'll figure it out.

knicksman
03-19-2012, 07:16 PM

theyre not promised by stern that theyll get 2 top 5 picks

knicksman
03-19-2012, 07:19 PM
The Cavs got nothing for LeBron, while the Nuggets got a substantial haul (including 3, maybe 4 starting caliber NBA players) for Melo. That might have a teeny bit to do with the directions of the franchises after their star left.

I realize it's fun to rag on Melo right now, and he has been pretty bad this year, but the guy has been a winner at every level. He'll figure it out.

theyre just insecure fanboys of other players coz melo has been a winner throughout his career while players like tmac, iverson, carter, lebron, kidd were lucky to played in an east team where an 8th seed in the west is already a 1st seed on that conference. LOL

Bobcat4Ever
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
He is fat.

How is that fat?

IamRAMBO24
03-19-2012, 07:49 PM
theyre just insecure fanboys of other players coz melo has been a winner throughout his career while players like tmac, iverson, carter, lebron, kidd were lucky to played in an east team where an 8th seed in the west is already a 1st seed on that conference. LOL

Insecure?

I'm just being objective homie. What you nut riding obsessive Knick fanboys don't realize is the importance of winning %.

You whores only ride on stats and highlights; what you don't realize is if a "star" player fails to win or make his teammates better, then he is no longer legit. I mean seriously, how the f*ck can you call Jordan or Magic HOFs if their team loses with them as the leader? You don't. That's practical common sense.

I can give two flying f*cks what he did in Denver. We have a thing call time and progress and the player Melo is in Denver probably is not the same player we see today; who knows, he got lazy or he's too stupid to learn the plays and set his teammates up.

Who knows?

What I do know is they are losing and losing bad when he leads the team; this is the only factor we know with some objectivity, so go f*ck yourself if you fail to take this important factor into consideration, and while you are at it, go jerk off with the thought of Melo backing his fatass all up in your junk because we all know that is probably the only reason you have a such a hard on over this loser when everybody else knows what is going on.

IamRAMBO24
03-19-2012, 07:58 PM

I might agree with you if the Knicks actually got better with him in the line up. Then you can prob point with some confidence to Melo having some sort of success, but the fact still remains, the Knicks gave up scrubs for what was supposed to be the game changer and they became worst off while the scrubs turn out solid on the other team.

This doesn't help Melo's case in any sort of way when it seems like the Nugs are getting the better end of the trade.

knicksman
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Insecure?

I'm just being objective homie. What you nut riding obsessive Knick fanboys don't realize is the importance of winning %.

You whores only ride on stats and highlights; what you don't realize is if a "star" player fails to win or make his teammates better, then he is no longer legit. I mean seriously, how the f*ck can you call Jordan or Magic HOFs if their team loses with them as the leader? You don't. That's practical common sense.

I can give two flying f*cks what he did in Denver. We have a thing call time and progress and the player Melo is in Denver probably is not the same player we see today; who knows, he got lazy or he's too stupid to learn the plays and set his teammates up.

Who knows?

What I do know is they are losing and losing bad when he leads the team; this is the only factor we know with some objectivity, so go f*ck yourself if you fail to take this important factor into consideration, and while you are at it, go jerk off with the thought of Melo backing his fatass all up in your junk because we all know that is probably the only reason you have a such a hard on over this loser when everybody else knows what is going on.

only idiots wouldnt realize that it was dantoni after all coz the team is winning after he got fired. Dantoni doesnt know how to use scorers unless his scorer is the roll man. Thats why he cant play a center because he wont have a scorer if amare becomes the pf. Now that he was forced to play chandler, he got exposed. His offense sucked so bad because he doesnt have that stretch 4 anymore compared to those suns teams. Thats why joe johnson left because hes just there as a spot up shooter. Only idiots would want this coach around. Only idiots would want a pg centric offense when the last time it won was with isiah with those pistons being the first to implement that thuggery type of defense and magic who is a pg in a big mans body.

IamRAMBO24
03-19-2012, 08:45 PM
only idiots wouldnt realize that it was dantoni after all coz the team is winning after he got fired. Dantoni doesnt know how to use scorers unless his scorer is the roll man. Thats why he cant play a center because he wont have a scorer if amare becomes the pf. Now that he was forced to play chandler, he got exposed. His offense sucked so bad because he doesnt have that stretch 4 anymore compared to those suns teams. Thats why joe johnson left because hes just there as a spot up shooter. Only idiots would want this coach around. Only idiots would want a pg centric offense when the last time it won was with isiah with those pistons being the first to implement that thuggery type of defense and magic who is a pg in a big mans body.

Are you f*ckin blind?

10-18 start.

Melo goes out. Linsanity.

Melo comes in, another losing streak.

D'antonio is blame because his system does not utilize Melo.

Melo on his last straw: either he plays with the team and win or he is gone.

You don't think the Knicks know this? They're not as stupid as regular noob fans like you; they spend literally millions of dollars on personnel to figure this sh*t out and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the bottomline is: winning.

The fact Melo has to take a reserve role in all these wins and/or NOT play altogether proves beyond a reasonable doubt he does not have what it takes to be a team leader.

You Knicks fans are delusional; I can't believe you still have not figure it out during the losing streak at the beginning of the season. I can't believe you fail to see the wins start stacking up when Melo takes a more reserved role.

What a bunch of retards.

knicksman
03-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Are you f*ckin blind?

10-18 start.

D'antonio is blame because his system does not utilize Melo.

Melo on his last straw: either he plays with the team and win or he is gone.

You don't think the Knicks know this? They're not as stupid as regular noob fans like you; they spend literally millions of dollars on personnel to figure this sh*t out and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the bottomline is: winning.

The fact Melo has to take a reserve role in all these wins and/or NOT play altogether proves beyond a reasonable doubt he does not have what it takes to be a team leader.

You Knicks fans are delusional; I can't believe you still have not figure it out during the losing streak at the beginning of the season. I can't believe you fail to see the wins start stacking up when Melo takes a more reserved role.

What a bunch of retards.

Because dantoni only knows how to utilize a pg. Do you think a pg based system can win in this league. Most championship teams have built their system around scorers. Thats why he doesnt want a center coz he doesnt know how to run plays around amare if hes not the roll man. Only idiots would think that small ball wins in this league. LOL Nellie did it and he failed.

Blue&Orange
03-19-2012, 09:43 PM
One question, why are people arguing with this retard? There are fossils with higher IQ.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6985374&postcount=79

Are you f*ckin blind?

10-18 start.

Winning streak against .300 average winning record, most at home, Knicks lost to New Orleans before Melo "comes in"... NEW ORLEANS, Knicks go 2-2 with Melo, comfortable win against Atlanta, blowout win against Cavs, losses to Heat away and Nets, game where D-Will destroyed Lin and the Knicks. Only then, 4 games after Melo "comes in" Knicks go on a losing streak against .600 average winning record, most away, Chandler and Jeffries hurt.

I can't believe you fail to see the wins start stacking up when Melo takes a more reserved role.
The peak of Melo's reserved role was during the losing streak.

dumbrambo24 the living breathing missing link.

IamRAMBO24
03-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Because dantoni only knows how to utilize a pg. Do you think a pg based system can win in this league. Most championship teams have built their system around scorers. Thats why he doesnt want a center coz he doesnt know how to run plays around amare if hes not the roll man. Only idiots would think that small ball wins in this league. LOL Nellie did it and he failed.

OMG. Your basketball IQ is below Canada's freezing temperature.

The PG is hands down the most important position in all of basketball; time and time again all it takes is one solid PG to turn a team around: Kidd with the Nets, Nash with the Suns, Paul with the Clippers, Rose with the Bulls, etc.

You don't know jack sh*t about basketball if you cannot respect the point guard position: that position requires intelligence; it is the sensei of the entire team; shot jacking queers like Melo, Iverson, Marbury, Kobe, etc. won't get very far without a play initiator.

Stockton practically made Malone and don't get me started on Magic and West. You don't know sh*t about team play. You're just a stat whore and if you play basketball in RL, then you are a cancer to your team.

Ever wonder why your team keeps losing? Yea it's because you're too stupid to figure out it takes more than chucking up shots to win.

HighFlyer23
03-19-2012, 10:11 PM

The PG is hands down the most important position in all of basketball; time and time again all it takes is one solid PG to turn a team around: Kidd with the Nets, Nash with the Suns, Paul with the Clippers, Rose with the Bulls, etc.

You don't know jack sh*t about basketball if you cannot respect the point guard position: that position requires intelligence; it is the sensei of the entire team; shot jacking queers like Melo, Iverson, Marbury, Kobe, etc. won't get very far without a play initiator.

Stockton practically made Malone and don't get me started on Magic and West. You don't know sh*t about team play. You're just a stat whore and if you play basketball in RL, then you are a cancer to your team.

Ever wonder why your team keeps losing? Yea it's because you're too stupid to figure out it takes more than chucking up shots to win.

lol

IamRAMBO24
03-20-2012, 05:25 AM
lol

What other position runs the team like a machine where all other parts are involve in the offense?

Assists are simply underrated.

Shot chucking whores like Iverson, Mcgrady, Marbury, etc cannot do half of the things initiators like Nash, Stockton, Kidd, etc. can do.

The fact all it took was a PG from a D-Leaguer to make the Knicks relevant, and the Suns and Nets championship contenders, proves basketball IQ is more relevant than raw skills alone.

Even a beast like Jordan said basketball is 99% mental and 1% physical.

What idiots like you don't realize is he meant IQ is what wins championships. Here you have the most talented player (physically) in the world saying his skills contribute only 1% to his success.

Think about that.

Basketball is evolving; the PG position will dominate the sport. It is already happening. It will no longer be a bunch of barbarians chucking up shots; basketball IQ will rule the day.

Just watch.

Micku
03-20-2012, 05:57 AM
Winning streak against .300 average winning record, most at home, Knicks lost to New Orleans before Melo "comes in"... NEW ORLEANS, Knicks go 2-2 with Melo, comfortable win against Atlanta, blowout win against Cavs, losses to Heat away and Nets, game where D-Will destroyed Lin and the Knicks. Only then, 4 games after Melo "comes in" Knicks go on a losing streak against .600 average winning record, most away, Chandler and Jeffries hurt.

And to be fair, it wasn't like the Knicks were good without Lin playing mins either. Knicks lost to bad teams way before Linsanity. They lost to the Bobcats, Raptors, and Bucks. They were losing to the Nets and that's when Linsanity came and own them the game, then they started beating teams. It went out of hand, and the chemistry messed up. The Knicks got really lucky with Lin that they got for super cheap.

They are still talented and those loses didn't look good when Melo came back. It did came at a bad time, but the effort wasn't there enough. You can tell with the defense and the flow of the offense. You could still take some things about those loses and say that the chemistry wasn't there yet, and you have to be patient. And probably the coaching. But some players are saying that the system is still there. They haven't really change their offense, it's the defense and overall team effort that's been winning these past 3 games.

The peak of Melo's reserved role was during the losing streak.

dumbrambo24 the living breathing missing link.

Melo been playing like crap the entire season is more of the reason why they are losing than Melo playing the reserved role. He missed jumpers that he was suppose to make, layups, dunks and etc.

With that said, Melo still have to be their leading scorer in order for the Knicks to be good. He and Amare should be. Not Lin.

And to the topic:

Melo could play teamball. He has been trying, but he does play isos a lot, and he is no LeBron James, Wade or Durant. He needs the right system to make his style work.

The Knicks could take a shortcut and trade him, but you are trading a talent. It's best trying to figure out how to use that talent. Since Lin is unproven and too much of an unknown of what the future holds, you should take your chances with Melo.

knicksman
03-20-2012, 06:35 AM

LMAO at pg being the most important position. Only idiots would think that kidds nets are better than those melos teams. Just because they made it to the finals doesnt mean they arent first round exits in the west. Those teams are just 6th seed at best in the west. But of course your low IQ fail to recognize that. If pgs are the most important, then how come they havent won since Isiah dumbass. And it takes them to be the first to implement those dirty type of defense while others are playing fairly for him to get those rings. And magic too isnt a pg with his 6'9 body. At the end of the day, cp3 is considered the best pg right now yet a dumbass like you didnt know that he also gotten out of the first round exit only once. And hes worse than melo coz he missed the playoffs during his first few years and never been to the conference finals. And now, hes heading again for another first round exit. LOL Why do you think so dumbass?

ILLsmak
03-20-2012, 06:38 AM

marshmelo

Nah he's swoll. He's just not ripped. He looks like he was drunk or smoking a lot of weed.

When you drink or smoke a lot (especially right before a pic is taken) your stomach is swollen with the contents. That's what it looks like to me.

-Smak

knicksman
03-20-2012, 06:43 AM
What other position runs the team like a machine where all other parts are involve in the offense?

Assists are simply underrated.

Shot chucking whores like Iverson, Mcgrady, Marbury, etc cannot do half of the things initiators like Nash, Stockton, Kidd, etc. can do.

The fact all it took was a PG from a D-Leaguer to make the Knicks relevant, and the Suns and Nets championship contenders, proves basketball IQ is more relevant than raw skills alone.

Even a beast like Jordan said basketball is 99% mental and 1% physical.

What idiots like you don't realize is he meant IQ is what wins championships. Here you have the most talented player (physically) in the world saying his skills contribute only 1% to his success.

Think about that.

Basketball is evolving; the PG position will dominate the sport. It is already happening. It will no longer be a bunch of barbarians chucking up shots; basketball IQ will rule the day.

Just watch.

ONly idiots like you would think those nets teams are championship contenders. LOL And suns have amare, a scorer. Wheres suns right now that they dont have a scorer while nash still performing like he was during his mvp years. Lottery. And what idiots like you failed to realize is that the shorter you are, the more elite players at that position, so pg has always been a stacked position but at the end of the day, big men rules dumbass.

tomtucker
03-20-2012, 06:44 AM
It

knicksman
03-20-2012, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]It

IamRAMBO24
03-22-2012, 04:39 AM
LMAO at pg being the most important position. Only idiots would think that kidds nets are better than those melos teams. Just because they made it to the finals doesnt mean they arent first round exits in the west. Those teams are just 6th seed at best in the west. But of course your low IQ fail to recognize that. If pgs are the most important, then how come they havent won since Isiah dumbass. And it takes them to be the first to implement those dirty type of defense while others are playing fairly for him to get those rings. And magic too isnt a pg with his 6'9 body. At the end of the day, cp3 is considered the best pg right now yet a dumbass like you didnt know that he also gotten out of the first round exit only once. And hes worse than melo coz he missed the playoffs during his first few years and never been to the conference finals. And now, hes heading again for another first round exit. LOL Why do you think so dumbass?

Why?

It's because of what Kidd and Nash did for their respective team dumba*s.

Kidd took a lottery pick to the finals. 1 f*ckin guy. Do you know how significant that is?

Nash, Suns, MVP. Nuff said.

You're f*ckin retarded. Period. Nash and Kidd made their teams legit contenders when they were losing the year prior to that. Melo hasn't proven he can do what Lin is doing for the Knicks: be the team leader.

Why would Barkley fear Stockton more than Jordan? Why is Nash one of the most respected players in the league? Kidd had a huge role in the Mavs championship. What would the Lakers be without Fisher during their title runs? Why is Paul and Deron so revered?

You're just a dumba*s if you can't respect the PG position. It just shows you don't care about basketball IQ or assists, y'know, important elements that help teams win.

Stop being so retarded and realize it takes more than chucking up shots to win games dumbsh*t.

IamRAMBO24
03-22-2012, 04:42 AM
ONly idiots like you would think those nets teams are championship contenders. LOL And suns have amare, a scorer. Wheres suns right now that they dont have a scorer while nash still performing like he was during his mvp years. Lottery. And what idiots like you failed to realize is that the shorter you are, the more elite players at that position, so pg has always been a stacked position but at the end of the day, big men rules dumbass.

They went to the f*ckin finals. How can you say they are not contenders? Haha you are so stupid. Arguing with you is like arguing with a bunch of worms.

IamRAMBO24
03-22-2012, 04:47 AM
yup. but only the mentally tough could survive in new york so its a test to melos mentality. He made the coach fired and if the winning continues, then thats a testament to melos willingness to win.

Again another stupid ass statement from this knicksman guy.

I actually like the Knicks, but dumb sh*t fanboys like him are making me question my preference.

How the f*ck is it Melo's "wllingness" to win when every damn win that they have has very little to do with his performance? That's like me saying Adam Morrison willed the Lakers to a ring.

You're just a Melo whore dumbsh*t.

knicksman
03-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Again another stupid ass statement from this knicksman guy.

I actually like the Knicks, but dumb sh*t fanboys like him are making me question my preference.

How the f*ck is it Melo's "wllingness" to win when every damn win that they have has very little to do with his performance? That's like me saying Adam Morrison willed the Lakers to a ring.

You're just a Melo whore dumbsh*t.

The firing of the coach means that he would be responsible from now on if the team still isnt winning dumbass. Since the team is winning by him being committed to team play then that means that he cares only about winning rather than personal stats that other players care.

knicksman
03-22-2012, 06:28 AM
Why?

It's because of what Kidd and Nash did for their respective team dumba*s.

Kidd took a lottery pick to the finals. 1 f*ckin guy. Do you know how significant that is?

Nash, Suns, MVP. Nuff said.

You're f*ckin retarded. Period. Nash and Kidd made their teams legit contenders when they were losing the year prior to that. Melo hasn't proven he can do what Lin is doing for the Knicks: be the team leader.

Why would Barkley fear Stockton more than Jordan? Why is Nash one of the most respected players in the league? Kidd had a huge role in the Mavs championship. What would the Lakers be without Fisher during their title runs? Why is Paul and Deron so revered?

You're just a dumba*s if you can't respect the PG position. It just shows you don't care about basketball IQ or assists, y'know, important elements that help teams win.

Stop being so retarded and realize it takes more than chucking up shots to win games dumbsh*t.

LOL if only you have even just average IQ, you would realize that those new jersey nets arent contenders. melos denver team already won 43 in a tougher western conference compared to new jerseys 47 in his rookie year. put melos teams on those shitty eastern conference and hell be in the finals too dumbass. And nash was just lucky that he had a budding superstar teammate in amare when he came into those suns teams thats why became overrated by dumbass fans like you.

Of course players like paul are so revered coz there are lots of dumbass fans who overrate pgs when the last time they won was in the 80's. He maybe considered top 5 by low IQ fans like you but hes career has been worse than melo. Got out of the first round once and never got into the conference finals. Missed the playoffs too during his first few years while melo didnt. Thats why paul wants to team up with melo or griffin coz he knows hes not that good that he can win alone.

LoneyROY7
03-22-2012, 08:09 AM

:kobe:

Unless you consider Fisher a "play initiator", last time I checked, Kobe managed 5 championships without one. FAIL.

Godzuki
03-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Steph was horrible for the Knicks. he couldn't penetrate, and he was so inconsistent awful with his J's.

honestly Marbury was awful ever since he left Minny. its funny how he still has so many fans like he was so great :facepalm

Melo may not be hitting or finishing regularly but the talent is clearly there unlike Marbury with the Knicks. he had 0 juice at that point, like he had gotten 20 years older quick.

knicksman
03-22-2012, 10:42 AM
actually its jeremy lin that is the next steph. He is the same with him who is a score first pg. But because he doesnt have the attitude like marbury, its now melo. LOL at these idiots. But but pgs are great when marbury, francis are also pgs.

IamRAMBO24
03-23-2012, 03:20 AM
LOL if only you have even just average IQ, you would realize that those new jersey nets arent contenders. melos denver team already won 43 in a tougher western conference compared to new jerseys 47 in his rookie year. put melos teams on those shitty eastern conference and hell be in the finals too dumbass. And nash was just lucky that he had a budding superstar teammate in amare when he came into those suns teams thats why became overrated by dumbass fans like you.

Of course players like paul are so revered coz there are lots of dumbass fans who overrate pgs when the last time they won was in the 80's. He maybe considered top 5 by low IQ fans like you but hes career has been worse than melo. Got out of the first round once and never got into the conference finals. Missed the playoffs too during his first few years while melo didnt. Thats why paul wants to team up with melo or griffin coz he knows hes not that good that he can win alone.

Wow this is too stupid to even respond. You sound like your brain stopped developing at the age of 8 and your body kept on growing.

You have absolutely no sense of rationality.

How the f*ck can you say the Nets w/ Kidd were not contenders when they made it to the finals? Do you know how stupid you sound?

Dude you're just stupid. It's like you only know about basketball based on the simulation mode in NBA2k.

What is even more sad is you are passionate enough about it to come on this forum and post. That's beyond sad: the fact you are so invested in it and you're still dumb as sh*t. What a loser.

knicksman
03-23-2012, 03:39 AM
Wow this is too stupid to even respond. You sound like your brain stopped developing at the age of 8 and your body kept on growing.

You have absolutely no sense of rationality.

How the f*ck can you say the Nets w/ Kidd were not contenders when they made it to the finals? Do you know how stupid you sound?

Dude you're just stupid. It's like you only know about basketball based on the simulation mode in NBA2k.

What is even more sad is you are passionate enough about it to come on this forum and post. That's beyond sad: the fact you are so invested in it and you're still dumb as sh*t. What a loser.

LOL dude you cant argue anymore. The only ones I consider contenders are those teams that won 57+ which means teams that are capable of winning it all. But low IQs have low standards so if you think those kidds nets are contenders so go on. But im just laughing at your stupidity.

BlazersDozen
03-23-2012, 03:42 AM
Starbury was a better passer & play maker

IamRAMBO24
03-23-2012, 03:59 AM
LOL dude you cant argue anymore. The only ones I consider contenders are those teams that won 57+ which means teams that are capable of winning it all. But low IQs have low standards so if you think those kidds nets are contenders so go on. But im just laughing at your stupidity.

Your definition of contender is whack and beyond stupid. Just because a team wins 57 does not automatically mean they have a chance to win it all and vice versa. There are many teams like the Nets who outperforms and go to the finals and there are teams like the Spurs and Mavs (both heavy favs to win) end up with a first round exit.

The point is the Nets f*ckin made it to the finals. How you can sit there and say with a straight face they are not legit contenders make you stupid beyond comprehension.

You prob don't even know what the word "contender" means dumbsh*t.

knicksman
03-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Your definition of contender is whack and beyond stupid. Just because a team wins 57 does not automatically mean they have a chance to win it all and vice versa. There are many teams like the Nets who outperforms and go to the finals and there are teams like the Spurs and Mavs (both heavy favs to win) end up with a first round exit.

The point is the Nets f*ckin made it to the finals. How you can sit there and say with a straight face they are not legit contenders make you stupid beyond comprehension.

You prob don't even know what the word "contender" means dumbsh*t.

they went to the finals because of the weak conference dumbass not because they are good. LOL Melos teams could make it to the finals too if he played in that weak conference. If only you have at least below average IQ, you would realize that

IamRAMBO24
03-23-2012, 04:37 AM
they went to the finals because of the weak conference dumbass not because they are good. LOL Melos teams could make it to the finals too if he played in that weak conference. If only you have at least below average IQ, you would realize that

I don't give a f*ck if it's a weak conference. That still doesn't make them any less of a contender.

A contender is a team with a legit chance of winning the title. You can't get anymore legit than going to the finals.

So you are telling me the Nets in 2001, who came closer to winning the title than 28 other teams, are not even a contender?

God you are stupid. I've seen lobotomy patients high off of pot with more brain cells.

knicksman
03-23-2012, 04:45 AM
I don't give a f*ck if it's a weak conference. That still doesn't make them any less of a contender.

A contender is a team with a legit chance of winning the title. You can't get anymore legit than going to the finals.

So you are telling me the Nets in 2001, who came closer to winning the title than 28 other teams, are not even a contender?

God you are stupid. I've seen lobotomy patients high off of pot with more brain cells.

well as I said if thats your definition then ok. I have high standards coz Im a high IQ person. :lol

IamRAMBO24
03-23-2012, 05:00 AM
well as I said if thats your definition then ok. I have high standards coz Im a high IQ person. :lol

Haha trust me, your IQ is not high. If you are so f*ckin smart you would actually know what the definition of contender means, not make up sh*t on your own because you are too damn lazy to stay awake in English class.

Contender simply means having the "potential" to win the ring.

In the world of basketball, we define this by matchups, homecourt advantage, streaks, and especially conference champions, etc. With the way the Nets played that year (63% win and a ECF), there was no doubt they were contenders based on the educated definition.

The world does not revolve around you and your illiterate definition.

knicksman
03-23-2012, 05:13 AM
Haha trust me, your IQ is not high. If you are so f*ckin smart you would actually know what the definition of contender means, not make up sh*t on your own because you are too damn lazy to stay awake in English class.

Contender simply means having the "potential" to win the ring.

In the world of basketball, we define this by matchups, homecourt advantage, streaks, and especially conference champions, etc. With the way the Nets played that year (63% win and a ECF), there was no doubt they were contenders based on the educated definition.

The world does not revolve around you and your illiterate definition.

well I dont have to prove anything about english coz im already good at math. Only the idiots ones who wants to feel intelligent focus on grammars/english.

At the end of the day, the nets won 47 while melo won 43 in his rookie year. Thats how impactful melo is. Kidd never had a contending team while melo had during the 2009 season. They could have been in 2010 too if george karl never had a cancer treatment. Thats why kidd went to dallas coz he knows he cant do it alone.

IamRAMBO24
03-23-2012, 05:30 AM
well I dont have to prove anything about english coz im already good at math. Only the idiots ones who wants to feel intelligent focus on grammars/english.

At the end of the day, the nets won 47 while melo won 43 in his rookie year. Thats how impactful melo is. Kidd never had a contending team while melo had during the 2009 season. They could have been in 2010 too if george karl never had a cancer treatment. Thats why kidd went to dallas coz he knows he cant do it alone.

They won 52 in 2001 making their team one of the biggest turnaround in the history of the NBA (they only won 26 before Kidd).

Nash did the same thing for the Suns, so you are wrong in saying the PG position is irrelevant and you are wrong for saying a team that went to the finals is not a contender based on a made up stupid definition.

You should just give up real life basketball and live the rest of your fantasies out in NBA2K (make sure you don't go online because you are too stupid to run plays and win a game).

You're just stupid. This is something you have to accept as an integral part of your personality and pursue other interests besides a sport that requires a bit of IQ. Maybe you should just watch misquitos f*ck. Yea I think that is the only "hobbie" that will suit your level of stupidity.

Go f*ck yourself and shut up. You're a disgrace to the sport.

strifed169
03-23-2012, 05:48 AM

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-dqQXbQm1_CA/TqWYs67ruWI/AAAAAAAAQ78/Tr6gB8dZVEM/Bruce_Lee_reaction.gif

knicksman
03-23-2012, 07:51 AM
They won 52 in 2001 making their team one of the biggest turnaround in the history of the NBA (they only won 26 before Kidd).

Nash did the same thing for the Suns, so you are wrong in saying the PG position is irrelevant and you are wrong for saying a team that went to the finals is not a contender based on a made up stupid definition.

You should just give up real life basketball and live the rest of your fantasies out in NBA2K (make sure you don't go online because you are too stupid to run plays and win a game).

You're just stupid. This is something you have to accept as an integral part of your personality and pursue other interests besides a sport that requires a bit of IQ. Maybe you should just watch misquitos f*ck. Yea I think that is the only "hobbie" that will suit your level of stupidity.

Go f*ck yourself and shut up. You're a disgrace to the sport.

nba 2k are for kids like you. nash had it due to luck having amare while kidd playing in that shitty conference. melo had a 17 nuggets win before and they won 43 which is 26 too and thats being a rookie in a conference where even the top 5 is better than new jersey. LOL so they just won the same dumbass.