PDA

View Full Version : wow Steven a SMITH really hates lin

Knicksfever2010
03-19-2012, 12:56 PM
calling him a marginal/average player. sad sad sad. very funny how knicks started sucking when melo came back

IGOTGAME
03-19-2012, 12:57 PM
I really don't think he is that much different from Ramon Sessions. And, Sessions is considered an average player.

Teanett
03-19-2012, 12:58 PM
or pointing out he's not on a superstar level when jeremy plays for the minimum... :facepalm

Go Getter
03-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Why does he have to hate Lin to have that opinion?

Take AI for example, many people have various opinions and rankings of his game, that doesn't necessarily mean that hate AI even though he had a polarizing personality/&situations/image off the court.

kurple
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
wow, this is the 2nd thread about how SAS hates Lin.. who cares?

Teanett
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I really don't think he is that much different from Ramon Sessions. And, Sessions is considered an average player.
7-1 baby!
38 vs the lakers, baby!
MADE RUBIO HIS BITSCH IN THE CLUTCH!!!

heyhey
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't think SAS hates Lin, he doesn't like him but he's not obligated to.

But I do think he manipulates facts to fit his theory. He's talking about how the knicks weren't succesful cause dantoni was minimizing melo/amare for jeremy lin and he wasn't using melo and amare to their fullest.

Now he's using the 3-0 since dantoni's departure as evidence that he was right. the issue is that Woodson's been using Dantoni offense in the last 3 games, a LOT of pick n rolls and very fast pace, melo and amare have been featured even less and Lin still took a lot of shots.

so yea knicks are 3-0 since dantoni left but SAS is attributing it to something that's not true

no he hates lin. im not saying anything you are saying is wrong s far as Lin's talent, etc., but he hates lin. He's mean spirited, and circles conversations that have nothing to do with Lin back around to him just to take shots. He was covering for MIchael Kay last week in NY and he was ridiculous with the Lin bashing.

if he hates lin it's prolly the same reason he hates tebow, he had a strong opinion on them in the beginning and wants to be proven right.

niko
03-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Why does he have to hate Lin to have that opinion?

Take AI for example, many people have various opinions and rankings of his game, that doesn't necessarily mean that hate AI even though he had a polarizing personality/&situations/image off the court.
no he hates lin. im not saying anything you are saying is wrong s far as Lin's talent, etc., but he hates lin. He's mean spirited, and circles conversations that have nothing to do with Lin back around to him just to take shots. He was covering for MIchael Kay last week in NY and he was ridiculous with the Lin bashing.

get these NETS
03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
reporters destroy players every day all day....for on court stuff and for personal agendas

why should lin be immune to it?

because he's Asian?

or do you only NOTICE because he's Asian?

Droid101
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
reporters destroy players every day all day....for on court stuff and for personal agendas

because he's Asian?

There's a difference when most analysts think Lin is a good player, and one (a notorious racist) hates him.

niko
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM

because he's Asian?

nothing ever discussed on this board is earth shattering. Waht is your point? OP could notice because he's gay for Lin and it doesn't make the point right or wrong.

SacJB Shady
03-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Were all still talking about LIN! I think i have casted a spell or something

get these NETS
03-19-2012, 01:19 PM
There's a difference when most analysts think Lin is a good player, and one (a notorious racist) hates him.

I can think of about 15 cases where a non Asian player was being dogged by a tv or radio guy.(for whatever reason)

I got over it..so you get over this.

(notorious racist?) funny..............................

niko
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Are people saying the way he talks about him is normal just talknig out their ass or talking after hearing SAS speak? Because the way he talks about Lin is beyond normal "i don't like his game". His analysis of MDA being fired was "i hate Lin, i hate Lin fans, Lin fans are stupid, people who don't like Melo are stupid because they must love Jeremy Lin, you know, those kind of people, the stupid people, who think Jeremy Lin does not suck." He could not get off the topic.

IGOTGAME
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
I like Lin the basketball player.

I don't like how his story has spun and how it has put forth stereotypes about African Americans and Asians. Especially in this case when they couldn't be more incorrect.

Also, I don't know why you would think he hates Lin. Hate really is a strong word.

niko
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
I can think of about 15 cases where a non Asian player was being dogged by a tv or radio guy.(for whatever reason)

I got over it..so you get over this.

(notorious racist?) funny..............................
what's your issue? you literally have no point. OP didn't say Lin was the only person ever dogged on.

SacJB Shady
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM
carmelo sucks

get these NETS
03-19-2012, 01:32 PM
what's your issue? you literally have no point. OP didn't say Lin was the only person ever dogged on.
if you notice....that part you quoted wasn't a response to the OP, nor was my other post in this thread.

you and the other guy..droid are VERY thinly making it a race issue...you're implying it..droid flat out said it

Stephen a Smith doesn't pull punches when he doesn't like a player...regardless of the sport..regardless of the race....

people thinking that essentially a rookie player is going to get the knicks over the hump versus all star vets....is garbage and smith is calling that sentiment out too

niko
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
if you notice....that part you quoted wasn't a response to the OP, nor was my other post in this thread.

you and the other guy..droid are VERY thinly making it a race issue...you're implying it..droid flat out said it

Stephen a Smith doesn't pull punches when he doesn't like a player...regardless of the sport..regardless of the race....

people thinking that essentially a rookie player is going to get the knicks over the hump versus all star vets....is garbage and smith is calling that sentiment out too
dipshit, go back to page 1. YOU brought up he's asian. No one did before you did. where did i imply it? SAS hates Jeremy Lin. I don't know why. But he clearly does. YOu want to change the topic to imply somehow it's ok, but it's not, ragging on a player for hours because you've decided you have a vendetta against him is nto reporting.

Teanett

then explain what happened before and after lin...

Shepseskaf
I think its best to be careful about calling someone a racist, unless the person openly declares their bias against a certain race or ethnic group.

I would call Smith unabashedly pro-black, but that doesn't necessarily make him biased against other specific groups.

As far as the Lin bashing, I think that Smith is too close to Carmelo, and the bashing is actually Carmelo saying that he was outraged about the way people were putting him beneath a new-jack.

hawkfan
03-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Lin should go up to Toronto and be the face of the franchise there.

LJJ

Yup.

Not only that, but the Knicks obviously have bigger problems. Blame it all on the guy earning 500k, who has barely played a 1000 minutes in the NBA so far? Right? That's sensible.

It's certainly not the responsibility of other players. Definitely not on the "superstar" scorer who is making 16 million dollars to hog the ball and score more inefficiently than Piston's era Allen Iverson. A forward not even shooting 40%, are you kidding me with that shot? That is pathetic.
Or the other "superstar" who is making 17 million dollars to be averaging career lows across the board. Who hasn't even broken a sweat since the lockout.

Let us lay the blame on the Asian kid who was brought in as a third stringer and performs way, way better than expected. =logic.

niko
I think its best to be careful about calling someone a racist, unless the person openly declares their bias against a certain race or ethnic group.

I would call Smith unabashedly pro-black, but that doesn't necessarily make him biased against other specific groups.

As far as the Lin bashing, I think that Smith is too close to Carmelo, and the bashing is actually Carmelo saying that he was outraged about the way people were putting him beneath a new-jack.
The Lin bashing is that, as is a lot of SAS view, he's too close to a lot of the big stars, so he needs to paint things as favorable towards them. He does it often. He was so pissed at Howard ruining his little Howard/Deron fantasty in Brooklyn. He's in love with big stars and the name value.

Go Getter

Dude bashes Kwame Brown like no other and no one calls him racist or an Uncle Tom.

niko
03-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Yup.

Not only that, but the Knicks obviously have bigger problems. Blame it all on the guy earning 500k, who has barely played a 1000 minutes in the NBA so far? Right? That's sensible.

It's certainly not the responsibility of other players. Definitely not on the "superstar" scorer who is making 16 million dollars to hog the ball and score more inefficiently than Piston's era Allen Iverson. A forward not even shooting 40%, are you kidding me with that shot? That is pathetic.
Or the other "superstar" who is making 17 million dollars to be averaging career lows across the board. Who hasn't even broken a sweat since the lockout.

Let us lay the blame on the Asian kid who was brought in as a third stringer and performs way, way better than expected. =logic.
People arguing SAS is ok here clearly haven't heard him talk about Lin that much. You could hate Lin, hate the Knicks more than anyone in the world, and the amount SAS talks about it would still bore the crap out of any human being.

Shepseskaf
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
The Lin bashing is that, as is a lot of SAS view, he's too close to a lot of the big stars, so he needs to paint things as favorable towards them. He does it often. He was so pissed at Howard ruining his little Howard/Deron fantasty in Brooklyn. He's in love with big stars and the name value.
Absolutely agreed. He definitely needs to create more distance between himself and the athletes he covers, and display a bunch more objectivity.

Nevaeh
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM

Yeah, I remember the days when he would stay on Michael Olowakandi (who's African), for his "Less than Superstar" level of play, while being paid big money. Would call him "OlowaCaaannnnndddyyy" every chance he got.

:oldlol:

niko
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Dude bashes Kwame Brown like no other and no one calls him racist or an Uncle Tom.
Topic is SAS HATES LIN. not SAS HATES ASIANS, TAKES IT OUT ON LIN.

And the brown analogy is good ,imagine if he talked about Kwame Brown for hours on end, in several different topics on his show, even if not basketball, to remind you how much Kwame Brown sucks.

THATS what he does with Lin.

Droid101
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Everyone bashes Kwame Brown.

SAS bashes non-black players more than he does black players. Rashoooo Nes-ter-o-vic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYftKfvcT-U

Shepseskaf
I do. I've been calling SAS a walking minstrel show for years now.

I still can't believe he got off so lightly with openly disbelieving that Shaun Taylor wasn't somehow to be blamed for his own death.

mentallooser
To be fair, Kwame Brown probably bashes Kwame Brown a fair amount as well.

heyhey
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM

there was no debate about whether kwame sucked or not. it was unanimous

with guys like lin and tebow there's some discussion and sas always goes really hard against them, making it seem like he's personally offended when they get praised

That seems like your opinion, I don't feel that way. Dude is just animated and yells alot in my estimation.

Sometimes I agree with him sometimes I do not. He has never given me a racist vibe, but then again, I'm not as put off by opinionated black men as most ISH posters.

:yaohappy:

I don't think he's racist, i think he just wants to be right and has been polarized because ppl's support for them. Also thinks he's got some personal connection with melo and prolly feels he's been unfairly criticized

Shepseskaf
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM
On another note, if they ever shoot a remake of The Jeffersons, there is no one better to play George than SAS.... the attitude, the angry look, the hairline, the head bob.....

It would be classic.

Go Getter
03-19-2012, 01:44 PM
I do. I've been calling SAS a walking minstrel show for years now.

I still can't believe he got off so lightly with openly disbelieving that Shaun Taylor wasn't somehow to be blamed for his own death.
Wait it was Taylor's fault someone murdered him? Clue me in Gus.

Go Getter
03-19-2012, 01:46 PM

with guys like lin and tebow there's some discussion and sas always goes really hard against them, making it seem like he's personally offended when they get praised

That seems like your opinion, I don't feel that way. Dude is just animated and yells alot in my estimation.

Sometimes I agree with him sometimes I do not. He has never given me a racist vibe, but then again, I'm not as put off by opinionated black men as most ISH posters.

:yaohappy:

niko
03-19-2012, 01:48 PM

im not saying he can't bash Lin. But again, i feel like what i heard (those days) are not stuff you listened to, i literally would shut him off, be bored switch back with 15 minutes in between and he was still waxing poetic on how Lin sucked.

but yes, the Kwame Brown bashing was kind of funny.

Whoah10115
03-19-2012, 01:50 PM
The race thing for most people is just an easy way out argument to fit their objective.

The fact is Lin came out of nowhere, on a team with Amare and Trade Everything For Melo Anthony and the team won games with him putting up numbers that were huge for first time starters, for 10year vets, for stars, etc. And it's hard to imagine it could be sustained, it must be a moment in time, etc.

The way he turns the ball over makes him look incapable of being a basketball player. You look at all that and that New Yorkers are now assuming he's an MVP candidate and people feel the need to balance it out. And in truth, the hype has died down and those, supposedly rational people, are now riding the other end of the spectrum.

You have Webber using his brain and saying it's Melo and Amare and then Lin. Then you have Smith undermining the credibility of his anger by kneeling before the stars...same as he used to do with Iverson.

It's just stupid. That's all it is.

2LeTTeRS
03-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Topic is SAS HATES LIN. not SAS HATES ASIANS, TAKES IT OUT ON LIN.

And the brown analogy is good ,imagine if he talked about Kwame Brown for hours on end, in several different topics on his show, even if not basketball, to remind you how much Kwame Brown sucks.

THATS what he does with Lin.

Even if he wanted to react that way towards Kwame, there is literally no reason would to do that since nobody cares about him. That can't be said for Lin. Seems like he was stuffed down our throats a few weeks ago and because of that everybdoy has an opinion on him.

At the end of the day it has a lot more to do with ratings than personal like/dis-like.

Go Getter
03-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Everyone bashes Kwame Brown.

SAS bashes non-black players more than he does black players. Rashoooo Nes-ter-o-vic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYftKfvcT-U
Impossible. To do that he would have to diss every single white player in the NBA (even the ones that never get off the bench) while neglecting to talk about the downfalls of ANY black player.

The NBA is like 90% black....he bashes more black players man, you sound ignorant.

Shepseskaf
03-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Wait it was Taylor's fault someone murdered him? Clue me in Gus.
SAS got on the air and was openly skeptical that Taylor wasn't killed because of his "associations". This was at a time when Taylor's shooter hadn't yet been publicly identified, and various people were asking for no rush to judgement.

But not SAS. He was all over spouting off, on Cowherd and other shows, pushing his point that Taylor was a bad person, and it caught up with him. It was disgusting.

When it finally came out that Taylor's death had nothing to do with any gang associations or something similar, I never heard an apology from SAS to the family. He might have done it, but I was never aware that he did.

Go Getter
03-19-2012, 01:58 PM
SAS got on the air and was openly skeptical that Taylor wasn't killed because of his "associations". This was at a time when Taylor's shooter hadn't yet been publicly identified, and various people were asking for no rush to judgement.

But not SAS. He was all over spouting off, on Cowherd and other shows, pushing his point that Taylor was a bad person, and it caught up with him. It was disgusting.

When it finally came out that Taylor's death had nothing to do with any gang associations or something similar, I never heard an apology from SAS to the family. He might have done it, but I was never aware that he did.

Okay so what does that have to do with your opinion on him? You mad he was wrong or you mad he didn't apologize so you could hear it?

LJJ
03-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Impossible. To do that he would have to diss every single white player in the NBA (even the ones that never get off the bench) while neglecting to talk about the downfalls of ANY black player.

The NBA is like 90% black....he bashes more black players man, you sound ignorant.

It's a bit more subtle than that, people like that wouldn't get screen time.

The difference is this: SAS will bash a black player who is already universally hated by the rest of the community. He'll pile up on Kwame, Marbury, Olowakandi, those fellas. But he'll never go out of his way to destroy a black player who actually has a good media image and reputation, like he does with Lin currently.

Shepseskaf
03-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Okay so what does that have to do with your opinion on him? You mad he was wrong or you mad he didn't apologize so you could hear it?
:facepalm

The point I was trying to make is that SAS has acted as biased against specific black athletes as he has toward those of other races.

Go Getter
03-19-2012, 02:05 PM
It's a bit more subtle than that, people like that wouldn't get screen time.

The difference is this: SAS will bash a black player who is already universally hated by the rest of the community. He'll pile up on Kwame, Marbury, Olowakandi, those fellas. But he'll never go out of his way to destroy a black player who actually has a good media image and reputation, like he does with Lin currently.
you sir, are wrong. Terribly wrong, and here is my proof.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B28F9xzd34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1XKF-_TgJY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siil-i5kSFA
He goes off on the Knicks and does not blame D'Antoni. He goes in on Amare too.

Go Getter
03-19-2012, 02:06 PM
:facepalm

The point I was trying to make is that SAS has acted as biased against specific black athletes as he has toward those of other races.
smh, my bad...

LJJ
03-19-2012, 02:10 PM
you sir, are wrong. Terribly wrong, and here is my proof.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B28F9xzd34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1XKF-_TgJY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siil-i5kSFA
He goes off on the Knicks and does not blame D'Antoni. He goes in on Amare too.

That's actually only evidence for my assertion. SAS was one of the last people to flip on LeBron James. He always was a LBJ supporter, even when the media was already very divided on LeBron. Only when LeBron lost his last tiny sliver of credibility SAS joined the party.

Amare too. Who else could he blame back then? Like I said, he'll go there if everybody else is going there. But now he has a scapegoat, a player he can blame who isn't black, and it's not surprising at all that he's riding that like there is no tomorrow.

No idea who JaMarcus Russell is. American Football is so fake and ridiculous.

Go Getter
03-19-2012, 02:16 PM
That's actually only evidence for my assertion. SAS was one of the last people to flip on LeBron James. He always was a LBJ supporter, even when the media was already very divided on LeBron. Only when LeBron lost his last tiny sliver of credibility SAS joined the party.

Amare too. Who else could he blame back then? Like I said, he'll go there if everybody else is going there. But now he has a scapegoat, a player he can blame who isn't black, and it's not surprising at all that he's riding that like there is no tomorrow.

No idea who JaMarcus Russell is. American Football is so fake and ridiculous.
You're being pretty petty there man.

Seems like you're just saying he should act like you want him to act.

LJJ
03-19-2012, 02:29 PM
You're being pretty petty there man.

Seems like you're just saying he should act like you want him to act.

Not really, just making an observation here. Have you ever seen SAS going off again and again on a black player who has the hype wagon behind him? Maybe he did it, but if he did I can't remember it.

The bottom line is that SAS is really trying to damage Jeremy Lin here, while there are far more obvious culprits for the Knicks not performing up to standards. It's weird because as a Knicks fan, SAS should be thrilled that the Knicks have acquired a player like Lin for nothing. Instead he's going out of his way to damage him.

ClutchOver9000
03-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Not really, just making an observation here. Have you ever seen SAS going off again and again on a black player who has the hype wagon behind him? Maybe he did it, but if he did I can't remember it.

The bottom line is that SAS is really trying to damage Jeremy Lin here, while there are far more obvious culprits for the Knicks not performing up to standards. It's weird because as a Knicks fan, SAS should be thrilled that the Knicks have acquired a player like Lin for nothing. Instead he's going out of his way to damage him.

sometimes I question whether or not SAS really is a Knicks fan. The guy's a walking talking :facepalm

get these NETS
03-19-2012, 02:32 PM
then explain what happened before and after lin...

before lin, knicks were sucking ass
lin lead the knicks to a great winning streak and winning %....

Getting over the hump might mean something else where you live.....but for the knicks , this year getting over the hump means winning a playoff series

and if you think that running offense through rook rather than 2 all stars is better strategy to win playoff series ,i'd have to disagree.

stat and melo are very good at what they do...key is to figure out offense that allows them to do what they do and win games

Teanett
03-19-2012, 02:47 PM
before lin, knicks were sucking ass
lin lead the knicks to a great winning streak and winning %....

Getting over the hump might mean something else where you live.....but for the knicks , this year getting over the hump means winning a playoff series

and if you think that running offense through rook rather than 2 all stars is better strategy to win playoff series ,i'd have to disagree.

stat and melo are very good at what they do...key is to figure out offense that allows them to do what they do and win games

without lin, the knicks dont even make the playoffs.
stat and melo are showing they're not as good as they used to be at "what they do". career lows for both. key is finding a way to inegrate them into the offense so they can shine, not to build the offense around them. lin is the most important piece to the puzzle. (and chandler)

get these NETS
03-19-2012, 03:07 PM
without lin, the knicks dont even make the playoffs.
stat and melo are showing they're not as good as they used to be at "what they do". career lows for both. key is finding a way to inegrate them into the offense so they can shine, not to build the offense around them. lin is the most important piece to the puzzle. (and chandler)

disagree.

Here is why you focus on Stat and Melo..

those are all star players who, when going, can command or warrant other team double teaming them...no sf can hold melo..and no pf can hold stat

you force other team to abandon their defensive strategy or principles because melo or stat is killing them and you open up opportunities for other knicks....

no current knick is a facilitator who creates shots for other people..so you create scoring chances by your sf or pf beasting on defender

ALSO.......you showcase these all stars to keep their value up in the event that you want to trade them

whatever their numbers are...they are most valuable pieces for trade

Lin is a good player who had breakout offensive games in d'antoni running system....but he has glaring shortcomings for a pg.....and on a team built the way the knicks are....you need a more traditional pg.....facilitate offense , make game easier for 2-5

Go Getter
03-19-2012, 03:07 PM

You're being overly dramatic and speculating.

LJJ
03-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Oh shut up. Whining over a little extrapolation on a messageboard.

You are naive, bottom line.

Teanett
03-19-2012, 03:14 PM
disagree.

Here is why you focus on Stat and Melo..

those are all star players who, when going, can command or warrant other team double teaming them...no sf can hold melo..and no pf can hold stat

depends on how you look at it.
melo is shooting 40%. FORTY! opposing teams will not double team a guy who shoots 40% on 18 shots a game. that's terrible.
he needs to be put in position to have easy opportunities, that's where lin comes in, that's the reason the knicks suck without lin.

Go Getter
03-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Oh shut up. Whining over a little extrapolation on a messageboard.

You are naive, bottom line.
NO you are naive, mentioning he has an agenda other than making strong stances to increase viewers and listeners. Beyond that it is impossible to know their motive unless you know them (pundits) personally.

Teanett
03-19-2012, 03:25 PM
NO you are naive, mentioning he has an agenda other than making strong stances to increase viewers and listeners. Beyond that it is impossible to know their motive unless you know them (pundits) personally.
i think it's clear that lin's success, or the team's success with lin males stephen a smith look bad. he's been preaching the gospel of melo the superstar, the closer, the talent "flat-out-baller" you must have to compete for a championship, while melo in his year in new york hasn't lived up to the expectations.

LJJ
03-19-2012, 03:27 PM

My argument makes sense empirically, yours doesn't. Many people here state that SAS has is biases, you are the only one vehemently defending him from whatever argument against him.

You clearly have very strong, irrational feelings about SAS.

get these NETS
03-19-2012, 03:29 PM
depends on how you look at it.
melo is shooting 40%. FORTY! opposing teams will not double team a guy who shoots 40% on 18 shots a game. that's terrible.
he needs to be put in position to have easy opportunities, that's where lin comes in, that's the reason the knicks suck without lin.
ok..you replied to part of what I wrote

melo did better last year with chauncey billups playing pg

no real pg....and in d'antoni's playground system..melo struggles

think woodson is going to install sets that put melo in better position...

lin has strengths and weaknesses like every player..... pg has to be a tradition pg for this knicks team to win

you know melo's shooting %, what is lin's assist to turnover ratio?

The Choken One
03-19-2012, 03:32 PM
calling him a marginal/average player. sad sad sad. very funny how knicks started sucking when melo came back
lol @ "hating a player" when all he did was simply state a fact.

He is an average player. Nothing more nothing less...

EDIT: lol'd hard at the dumbass ******* who said american football is fake...total dumbass.

kentatm
03-19-2012, 03:32 PM
the thing that doesn't make sense is how SAS has been defending Carmelo when you could clearly see him refusing to play within MD's offensive system.

he continually ran to his spot from about 15-18 feet out without regard for what was going on around him.

you can't win when a player that is supposed to be as good as him is refusing to play within the system a coach wants to run and Melo should be getting killed for purposely ignoring the team concept yet he skates by with nothing.

Go Getter
03-19-2012, 03:34 PM
My argument makes sense empirically, yours doesn't. Many people here state that SAS has is biases, you are the only one vehemently defending him from whatever argument against him.

You clearly have very strong, irrational feelings about SAS.
He has OPINIONS. He is paid to state his opinions. I don't claim to know anything other than he tries to gain viewership. You must think Skip Bayless believes all the crap he says or the rest of these pundits. They're talking heads man, you guys take them too seriously...

Just because many people here think SAS hates Lin doesn't make it right.

Rowe
03-19-2012, 03:48 PM
the thing that doesn't make sense is how SAS has been defending Carmelo when you could clearly see him refusing to play within MD's offensive system.

he continually ran to his spot from about 15-18 feet out without regard for what was going on around him.

you can't win when a player that is supposed to be as good as him is refusing to play within the system a coach wants to run and Melo should be getting killed for purposely ignoring the team concept yet he skates by with nothing.

Just like Steve Nash "adjusted" his game for Terry Porter, although Porter couldn't even make it through an entire 1st season because Nash wasn't receptive to a new gameplan. There are other examples, but I dont see how a player can be blamed for not fitting into the system a coach is running. I think a "Coach Killer" rep should be applied to a guy who spends years with a coach continually butting heads with them.

The offense should be built around your best player, and they are no longer your best player when they are put in situations that dont utilize their strengths. Carmelo's hot spot is in the high post on the elbow, he isn't a guy who sits around on the perimeter waiting to spot up for 3's. I dont see why Melo deserves to be criticized for the logical fact that he didn't fit into the offense being run by D'Antoni. D'Antoni's system doesn't involve a "scorer", its a system that revolves around finding the open man off of screens to take a 3. Melo gave an effort to run the offense as a Point Forward to begin the season which put him on the perimeter and led to some of his lowest efficiency ratings of his career while we struggled badly. He wanted Jeremy Lin to be in the lineup to fix this problem, but it took Melo getting hurt for D'Antoni to finally reach into the bench and put Lin out there. If Melo never got hurt he would've carried on as an converted Point Forward until Baron Davis returned as our "savior".

get these NETS
03-19-2012, 04:00 PM
to the guy who said that smith disses Lin and Tebow

peyton manning just signed with the broncos,not because smith talked baldy about tebow but because, miraculous wins or not..Tebow is NOT an nfl QB

talented, a leader, a clutch performer...YES

starting NFL QB that you want to hand the keys to NO..megahype or no megahype

Smith cut through the hype and probably harped on Tebow's weaknesses....same as he's doing with Lin

L.A. Jazz
03-19-2012, 04:07 PM
he just says the truth! every average player who plays in NY is hyped like crazy. even more than in LA. the only difference is, NY hasnt won in almost 40 years.

dont get me wrong, i like the Knicks, i like games in the MSG, but the Knicks are really disapointing with all their possibilities.

June1026
03-19-2012, 04:13 PM
how f'ing stupid, he kept on saying how the 200 million Amare & Melo should take more shots cause they are making more money.

he says over the last 3 games shows just how unselfish Melo is just because he's avging less points.

he says Lin's stat in February are scarred, even though he shot better than melo and amare.

he says Lin should know his place, and people only like him for business reasons, wtf?

he kept on going back to Lin taking more shots than Amare, and how that's absurd, even though Lin's TS% is higher, and kept on going back to comparing Lin's under 1 mill man to Amare's 20 mill.

Rowe
03-19-2012, 04:18 PM
how f'ing stupid, he kept on saying how the 200 million Amare & Melo should take more shots cause they are making more money.

he says over the last 3 games shows just how unselfish Melo is just because he's avging less points.

he says Lin's stat in February are scarred, even though he shot better than melo and amare.

he says Lin should know his place, and people only like him for business reasons, wtf?

he kept on going back to Lin taking more shots than Amare, and how that's absurd, even though Lin's TS% is higher, and kept on going back to comparing Lin's under 1 mill man to Amare's 20 mill.

:biggums:

Do you understand?

We're paying Amare & Melo $60 Million each for the next 3 years.

We acquired them to be our star players because they've been star players throughout their careers. The fact remains that they need to get the ball because they're our Option 1A and Option 1B.

I like Jeremy Lin, but I dont think anybody is comfortable with Jeremy Lin taking more shots than Melo or Amare down the stretch espescially since we need Lin to be more of a distributor at PG than a scorer.

The business reasons factor with Jeremy Lin is undeniable. James Dolan couldn't have envisioned a better situation for him regarding a marketable player for this team. He'll be a Knick forever so Dolan can cash in on those Chinese profits.

GOBB
03-19-2012, 04:19 PM
SAS is a diehard NYK fan. He constantly talks about the NYK franchise and its players. He talks about Lin because he is a NYK that plays for his childhood team. I dont see whats the mixup here.

Calling SAS racist is retarded. If anything the fact Lin is asian has people thinking everyone has some racial agenda up their sleeve when discussing their game. I hate Dalembert, I dont hate haitians. I cant stand Iguodala, I dont hate black people. I bash those two when they were Sixers for days. Dalembert? I've backed off. I'll throw shots here and there, but nothing consistent. He's not a Sixer anymore. See the point here?

Is SAS racist because he isnt a believer in Tebow? And in fact laughed today at Manning signing with Denver because Tebow days as a starter in the NFL has got dimmer? SAS bashed the hell out of Jamarcus Russell. One white, one black. Not many care to play tyhe race card.

BUT SAS isnt as much of a fan as posters here are? Racist. Get over it. Thats reaching.

StateOfMind12
03-19-2012, 04:19 PM
.......and Skip Bayless really hates LeBron James.

Everybody including analysts and commentators have some sort of bias against a player.

DMV2
03-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Smith cut through the hype and probably harped on Tebow's weaknesses....same as he's doing with Lin
The difference is that Lin is(was) actually leading his team to the wins they got. Tebow on the the otherhand was carried by the Broncos defense for majority of their wins. Tebow had a win where he had 2 completions out of 8 passes.

Lin as a PG >>>>>>>> Tebow as a QB
With all Lin's turnovers, he still makes it up with steals, rebounding, assists, points. Tebow doesn't do anything to make for his poor passing. Only had one 100+ rushing yards and two 75+ rushing yards.

Lin is good at his position; not elite but still good at what his job requires him to do. Tebow sucks at QB position.

Tebow does have that one great playoff win over the Steelers though.

Rowe
03-19-2012, 04:22 PM
.......and Skip Bayless really hates LeBron James.

Everybody including analysts and commentators have some sort of bias against a player.

True.

These guys are doing this to get viewers/attention.

I mean Skip Bayless claimed that LeBron James was responsible for Dallas' early season struggles because he's the reason they won a Championship.

GOBB
03-19-2012, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQGLTr-t7fg

SAS rips the NYK and amare Stoudemire. Pretty sure we all laughed and enjoyed this.

But he bashes Lin? Uh oh. Do I sense some racial undertone there SAS Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Rowe
03-19-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQGLTr-t7fg

SAS rips the NYK and amare Stoudemire. Pretty sure we all laughed and enjoyed this.

But he bashes Lin? Uh oh. Do I sense some racial undertone there SAS Hmmm. :rolleyes:

You should pull up his rants on Marbury.

He had some even better ones on Curry, Randolph, & he even got around to criticizing Darko when he was here.

I think the only player he legitimately did like was Nate Robinson.

JMT
03-19-2012, 04:26 PM
The difference is that Lin is(was) actually leading his team to the wins they got. Tebow on the the otherhand was carried by the Broncos defense for majority of their wins. Tebow had a win where he had 2 completions out of 8 passes.

With all Lin's turnovers, he still makes it up with steals, rebounding, assists, points. Tebow doesn't do anything to make for his poor passing. Only had one 100+ rushing yards and two 75+ rushing yards.

Lin is good at his position; not elite but still good at what his job requires him to do. Tebow sucks at QB position.

Have we opened up the nominees for dumbest post of the year yet?

get these NETS
03-19-2012, 04:35 PM

Broncos hadn't won a playoff game in years.....I'd say 10 years...

Tebow threw the game winning pass against a still very good Steelers defense

ran for game winning touchdown against very good Jets defense...

he literally saved the Broncos season and got them into the playoffs..and got them their first playoff win in years

broncos defense or no broncos defense....no other qb on their roster could have accomplished what tebow did
===================================

Lin scored a lot of points in a 10 game stretch in middle of nba season and led the knicks to 8-9 wins

season for season..Tebow had a much bigger impact on his team than Lin has

BUT the overall point is....guy brought up Smith bashing heavily hyped..playoff winning tebow and lin...

and then Broncos go out and roll the dice on a player who is an upgrade at the position

Lin's skillset isn't what Knicks need at that position

and they will keep lin, but get pg more suitable for the team they have

Disaprine
03-19-2012, 04:36 PM
lin has been averaging 19 points on 45% and 8 assists since hes been a starter.

http://blogs.centrictv.com/lifestyle/culturelist/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/HatersGonnaHate1.jpg

:roll: at people saying linsanity is a average player. :roll:

Rowe
03-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Have we opened up the nominees for dumbest post of the year yet?
Yes. We have a thread exclusively to nominate posts like that.

June1026
03-19-2012, 04:41 PM
:biggums:

Do you understand?

We're paying Amare & Melo $60 Million each for the next 3 years.

We acquired them to be our star players because they've been star players throughout their careers. The fact remains that they need to get the ball because they're our Option 1A and Option 1B.

I like Jeremy Lin, but I dont think anybody is comfortable with Jeremy Lin taking more shots than Melo or Amare down the stretch espescially since we need Lin to be more of a distributor at PG than a scorer.

The business reasons factor with Jeremy Lin is undeniable. James Dolan couldn't have envisioned a better situation for him regarding a marketable player for this team. He'll be a Knick forever so Dolan can cash in on those Chinese profits.

Honestly, If JLin is shooting well, I wouldn't mind him shooting more in the 4th than Amare and Melo, but obviously for some people, money has to be part of the equation, which is dumb when all you want is a win. To be honest, if it comes down to a last shot, I would rather have Steve Novak shooting a contested three than having Melo shoot a fadeaway double teamed.

And, by the way, let's just pretend JLin is only marketable in Asia, a lot of white folks like this guy too, not to mention all the nerds and Christians, this guy is potentially more marketable than Melo and Amare combined, even if you ignore Asia.

and they will keep lin, but get pg more suitable for the team they have

If they are smart, they kick out one of the max cat and find talents that is more suitable to Lin. Not saying they should build around him, but he should be one of the center piece.

InfiniteBaskets
03-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Just listened to the podcast. SAS does make it a point to say Lin should be given a contract and he's unquestionably the starter on the Knicks, but is just a marginal point guard and ultimately shouldn't be dominating the shot attempts when you have guys like Melo and Amare being paid 15 times more.

But as an owner, the amount you're contractually responsible to pay for, is a sunk cost. If it doesn't translate to wins nor seats getting filled then what's the point?

Think about it this way. You bought two pairs of Jordans for $500 each. But everytime you wear them at the gym you can't get any lift on your shots and are slipping all over the court. The $20 Al Harrington's that your grandpa bought you fits you much better, and you play unquestionably better. Do you wear the Jordans just because you spent more on them?

Micku
03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Just listened to the podcast. SAS does make it a point to say Lin should be given a contract and he's unquestionably the starter on the Knicks, but is just a marginal point guard and ultimately shouldn't be dominating the shot attempts when you have guys like Melo and Amare being paid 15 times more.

But as an owner, the amount you're contractually responsible to pay for, is a sunk cost. If it doesn't translate to wins nor seats getting filled then what's the point?

Think about it this way. You bought two pairs of Jordans for $500 each. But everytime you wear them at the gym you can't get any lift on your shots and are slipping all over the court. The $20 Al Harrington's that your grandpa bought you fits you much better, and you play unquestionably better. Do you wear the Jordans just because you spent more on them?

He is very critical of Lin. Probably because of all the hype and everything that he had.

I'm just shocked that he didn't get on the Melo hate much. He barely mentions it as much as he criticize Lin. Dude is having a horrible year, considering what ppl expected of him. Amare wasn't too great either. And the fact that Lin pretty much saved the Knicks chance to get to the playoffs this year. Lin is the hero of the Knicks this year while Amare and Melo are not playing what they are paid to do so far this year.

Like imagine if it was LeBron or something playing like that. Tons of hate.

HorryIsMyMVP
03-19-2012, 07:59 PM
lin has been averaging 19 points on 45% and 8 assists since hes been a starter.

http://blogs.centrictv.com/lifestyle/culturelist/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/HatersGonnaHate1.jpg

:roll: at people saying linsanity is a average player. :roll:
lol 8 assists on 8 turn overs.

I.R.Beast
03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
He is a marginal player though.....