PDA

View Full Version : Rick Barry just went HAM on the Golden State fans

1987_Lakers
03-20-2012, 12:03 AM
lmfao:roll:

SacJB Shady
03-20-2012, 12:04 AM
They booed at the owner and Berry said show some respect.

KB2009Champ
03-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Lol I am seeing stuff on twitter but if someone can post the footage once its available.

Are they booing the Monta trade?

irondarts
03-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Otherwise a really nice ceremony, I love Chris Mullin. :applause: :applause:

irondarts
03-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Rick Barry telling other people to stay classy, pretty funny stuff.

Sucks that Mullins ceremony was ruined by the fact that Rick Barry felt he needed to give a lecture, Guy is such a douchebag. Not that the fans weren't being morons too.

Whoah10115
03-20-2012, 12:15 AM
They were showing it on TNT but they intentionally talked over it like it wasn't happening.

Where's Barkley when you need him?

1987_Lakers
03-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Rick Barry telling other people to stay classy, pretty funny stuff.

Sucks that that embarrassing shit was ruined by the fact that Rick Barry felt he needed to give a lecture, Guy is such a douchebag.

Exactly, Barry did nothing but make the situation worse, the fans were also booing Barry when he decided to speak up. This guy has a massive ego.

Phantom_Blue
03-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Won't be surprised to see them boo Bogut when he debuts next season. Warriors fans may be loyal, but they don't know jack about basketball.

G-train
03-20-2012, 12:44 AM
lmfao:roll:

not really funny, was a legends jersey retirement.

1manfastbreak
03-20-2012, 01:01 AM
Won't be surprised to see them boo Bogut when he debuts next season. Warriors fans may be loyal, but they don't know jack about basketball.

youre a dumbass. can't wait to have bogut on the court.

that shit was funny though. you could hear someone yell "we want monta!!" then a bunch of people started cheering. but for the record the owner, Larry Gruber, totally milked the whole situation. when his name was called there were cheer's mixed with boo's, and he got really butt hurt and waited for it to stop before he started talking.. but it didn't

Phantom_Blue
03-20-2012, 01:07 AM

that shit was funny though. you could hear someone yell "we want monta!!" then a bunch of people started cheering. but for the record the owner, Larry Gruber, totally milked the whole situation. when his name was called there were cheer's mixed with boo's, and he got really butt hurt and waited for it to stop before he started talking.. but it didn't

Ok i'm a dumbass, still doesn't change the fact that Warriors fans don't know jack about basketball lolz.

StroShow4
03-20-2012, 01:11 AM

I thought his name was Joe Lacob? :confusedshrug:

1manfastbreak
03-20-2012, 01:14 AM

probably was? apparently this f@g is right i don't know shit lol

LABean
03-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Man, that's ****ed up. :facepalm
Stupid fans. :no:

Tenchi Ryu
03-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Just saw the replay on Inside the NBA, and was cringing the whole time...he was clearly getting uncomfortable and nervous before Chris Mullin and Rick Barry came out...

talkingconch
03-20-2012, 01:22 AM
this is why charles barkley shouldnt be doing that NCAA thing, need him in moments like this lol

Brujesino
03-20-2012, 01:23 AM
They are both owners,Joe just takes care of the basketball decisions.

Whoah10115
03-20-2012, 01:23 AM
That owner should have acted like an adult. I'm not saying he has to be David Stern, but take a cue from him. Guys in suits get booed. Stop acting like such a bitch. Grow up.

Alamo
03-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Those fans are the ones that need to grow up. Booing Lacob, they could have someone like Donald Sterling, or Michael Jordan as an owner. :no:

jjayfive
03-20-2012, 01:37 AM
that was horrible on the fans

Zackmorris
03-20-2012, 01:40 AM
In the words of Charles "Turrble"

Meticode
03-20-2012, 01:57 AM
Your comment is just ridiculous. :coleman:

Cali Syndicate
03-20-2012, 02:04 AM
probably was? apparently this f@g is right i don't know shit lol

Actually it's "Peter" Guber. Him and Joe Lacob are co-owners.

I get the Larry though....Larry Riley, Warriors GM and Larry Ellison, the would've been could've been Warriors owner.

Whoah10115
03-20-2012, 02:08 AM
Those fans are the ones that need to grow up. Booing Lacob, they could have someone like Donald Sterling, or Michael Jordan as an owner. :no:

Sure, but his reaction was stupid.

Phantom_Blue
03-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Your comment is just ridiculous. :coleman:

Yeah it sure is ridiculous, but Warriors fans still don't know jack about basketball.

Cohan was a joke, should be happy that you have an owner that gives a damn about the team.

Have fun making the playoffs once every 17 years, and drafting the future players of the NBA, like Todd Fuller & Brendan Wright.

bdreason
03-20-2012, 02:26 AM

Or we could have Larry Ellison, the 3rd richest man in America, the guy who made the highest bid for the team, the guy who owns the Arena we play in... but our last owner was a piece of shit and sold the team to an investment group instead, out of spite for Ellison.

That said, I actually like the new owners. They have a passion for the game, and want to get better. Fans were just booing because they liked Monta, and wanted to vent. And saying Bay Area fans don't know about Basketball is just ignorance. Basketball is more popular in the Bay at the street level than possibly anywhere in the World.

#1SportsFan86
03-20-2012, 02:29 AM
The fans fu*k up...you know that owner is not spending any money on that team now.

SwooshReturns
03-20-2012, 02:31 AM
Actually it's "Peter" Guber.
The movie producer? Hmm, I didn't know all that ...

Anyone got youtube of the incident?

SevereUpInHere
03-20-2012, 02:36 AM
Man that was hard to watch him stumbling through his words through the boos.

Mullin handled that with class.

Flagrant 2
03-20-2012, 02:38 AM
The fans have a point though.. remember how fun that GS team was when they beat Dallas in the playoffs? What happened to that team? Owner.

Cali Syndicate
03-20-2012, 02:40 AM
Yeah it sure is ridiculous, but Warriors fans still don't know jack about basketball.

Cohan was a joke, should be happy that you have an owner that gives a damn about the team.

Have fun making the playoffs once every 17 years, and drafting the future players of the NBA, like Todd Fuller & Brendan Wright.

So how does the prior owner being an idiot have anything to do with what the fans know about basketball?

Here's the thing about this Monta trade. Over the last 2 months or so, Warriors have FINALLY been stringing some wins together and playing above .500 ball. And right before Monta was traded, they were just 3 games from that 8th playoff spot. It wasn't out of the question to think the Warriors would have gotten to a .500 record by seasons end, possibly even better which "could've" be right there for a playoff berth. That was the optimism among many fans. Optimism is all Warriors fans have had the last how many years now, excluding 07? Then all of a sudden our season gets tanked. Can't blame the boos that we traded that away for a player on one leg.

I for one feel the Warriors did themselves a solid by acquiring Bogut. Hopefully him and Curry can get "fully" healthy. With Lee in the mix and the upside of Thompson, I look forward to whatever progress might be seen over the next few seasons.

Anyways, your generalizations are awesome. Keep up the good work....I learned a lot from reading your posts.

StroShow4
03-20-2012, 02:43 AM
The fans have a point though.. remember how fun that GS team was when they beat Dallas in the playoffs? What happened to that team? Owner.

That team self destructed.

Cali Syndicate
03-20-2012, 02:46 AM

And Coach. Don Nelson was a big reason for why that team got broken up. But again, he was one of the reasons we made the playoffs too.

Him and Cohen were/are buddy buddy which gave Nelly a lot of control over that team. And if there's one thing Nelly loves, it's....

Brujesino
03-20-2012, 02:49 AM
I didnt like trading monta either but that wasnt the time to vent out the frustrations.

Babalu
03-20-2012, 02:55 AM
omg so akward and embarrassing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIsgXGlnpzQ

bigdaddyfunk
03-20-2012, 02:58 AM
Warriors fans like myself are just pissed.

Btw, Warriors beatwriters were hilarious about it.

"Lacob should have screamed sexual chocolate into the mic, dropped it, and walked off"

Phantom_Blue
03-20-2012, 03:02 AM
Anyways, your generalizations are awesome. Keep up the good work....I learned a lot from reading your posts.

Lol thanks, I try.

Of course my post was full of **** considering I had no argument, didn't think anyone would actually respond to it.

I know the warriors are competitive this year, and they're going in the right direction(heck when was the last time you guys had this caliber of a center).

That's why the booing is so stupid and disrespectful, as if they didn't know(maybe they didn't :facepalm ) Monta had to be shipped out to make this team better. The writing's been on the wall ever since Steph got drafted.

Clippersfan86
03-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Warriors fans are stupid for one reason especially. Andrew Bogut when healthy is a superior player to Ellis. Dominant impact on both end of the floor often times. He's the most skilled ALL AROUND center in the game in my opinion.

He can dominate both ends of the floor, is a capable passer and shooter from midrange. He's almost a perfectly balanced center. Exactly the kind of player GS has been lacking for a very long time.

If Warriors get a 100 percent healthy Bogut they are going to be very glad about the trade. Ellis was a great scorer but that's all he was. A pure scorer. Bogut's impact is MUCH greater.

Clutch
03-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Warriors fans are stupid for one reason especially. Andrew Bogut when healthy is a superior player to Ellis. Dominant impact on both end of the floor often times. He's the most skilled ALL AROUND center in the game in my opinion.

He can dominate both ends of the floor, is a capable passer and shooter from midrange. He's almost a perfectly balanced center. Exactly the kind of player GS has been lacking for a very long time.

If Warriors get a 100 percent healthy Bogut they are going to be very glad about the trade. Ellis was a great scorer but that's all he was. A pure scorer. Bogut's impact is MUCH greater.
key words

Cali Syndicate
03-20-2012, 04:09 AM

Bogut isn't dominate on both sides of the floor. Defensively, he can definitely hold his own but offensively, Lee is better and Lee is far from dominant.

Lebron23
03-20-2012, 04:10 AM
Vintage Ricky Barry

Magic731
03-20-2012, 04:11 AM
Absolute poor effort by the Warriors fans. This is not how you treat your franchise. Especially at an event such as this, I am shocked the crowd was booing. I would be ashamed if I was a Warriors fan, booing your own team is just wrong on so many levels, you are supposed to support them. I also say good on Rick Barry, I don't see how you can make a situation that bad any worse. Someone needed to shut that shocking crowd up and I'm glad he had the balls to get up there and do what he did. Poor performance by the Warriors fans.

RedBlackAttack
Warriors fans like myself are just pissed.

Btw, Warriors beatwriters were hilarious about it.

"Lacob should have screamed sexual chocolate into the mic, dropped it, and walked off"
Why are you pissed, out of curiosity? Because the team traded Ellis? Really?

Is that what this ridiculous scene was about? What an embarrassment.

Clippersfan86
Bogut isn't dominate on both sides of the floor. Defensively, he can definitely hold his own but offensively, Lee is better and Lee is far from dominant.

Not true. Lee may score more but he doesn't have the impact on either ends of Bogut. You need to watch some footage of Bogut a couple seasons ago before injury. His impact on D was HUGE. Not too far behind Dwight Howard's. Not only leader in blocked shots but fundamentally sound defender.

Cali Syndicate
03-20-2012, 04:15 AM
Not true. Lee may score more but he doesn't have the impact on either ends of Bogut. You need to watch some footage of Bogut a couple seasons ago before injury. His impact on D was HUGE. Not too far behind Dwight Howard's. Not only leader in blocked shots but fundamentally sound defender.

Uhhh..what part of my statement led you to believe that I though Bogut was a bad defender?

And yes, Lee is better than Bogut offensively.

Clippersfan86
03-20-2012, 04:23 AM
Uhhh..what part of my statement led you to believe that I though Bogut was a bad defender?

And yes, Lee is better than Bogut offensively.

I guess I felt like you were saying "Yea he's passable at D but...". You need to pause and realize just how good of a player and how underrated Bogut is. If he can play 70+ games a year going forward he was well worth the trade. DEFINITELY nothing the fans should boo at.

I think I should of elaborated because Bogut can dominate on both ends no problem... but offensively I agree Lee is going to score more obviously. Bogut just doesn't have a weakness besides his health and that's all I was getting at. Scores well in paint, passes very well, can hit shots from midrange, good post arsenal, great defense, great rebounder. List goes on.

bdreason
03-20-2012, 04:26 AM
While I wouldn't have boo'd, Warriors fans have earned that right.

I've been a Warriors fan 20 years, and we've made the playoffs twice. Give that a minute to sink in.......... and Warriors home games are still packed with fans.

Ownership should just be happy Warriors fans are even still showing up to the game to boo. Arguably the worst managed franchise in the NBA, and fans still show up to games.

Clippersfan86
03-20-2012, 04:30 AM
While I wouldn't have boo'd, Warriors fans have earned that right.

I've been a Warriors fan 20 years, and we've made the playoffs twice. Give that a minute to sink in.......... and Warriors home games are still packed with fans.

Ownership should just be happy Warriors fans are even still showing up to the game to boo. Arguably the worst managed franchise in the NBA, and fans still show up to games.

Sure but wait for the moment comes where it's appropriate? Jersey retirement of a classy ex player? Booing an owner many Warriors fans actually say is a huge improvement to the last? It's just terrible timing and a low IQ exhibition.

Cali Syndicate
03-20-2012, 04:56 AM
I guess I felt like you were saying "Yea he's passable at D but...". You need to pause and realize just how good of a player and how underrated Bogut is. If he can play 70+ games a year going forward he was well worth the trade. DEFINITELY nothing the fans should boo at.

I think I should of elaborated because Bogut can dominate on both ends no problem... but offensively I agree Lee is going to score more obviously. Bogut just doesn't have a weakness besides his health and that's all I was getting at. Scores well in paint, passes very well, can hit shots from midrange, good post arsenal, great defense, great rebounder. List goes on.

While Bogut may be able to hit "shots from midrange," his midrange is still suspect as is his free throws %. You say he has no weaknesses but those are weaknesses right there.

And Lee does more than just score. All those things you said about Bogut's offensive game, Lee can do just as well if not better. Lee is probably just as strong on the boards as well.

But defensively, yes Bogut brings a quality that I definitely welcome.

FYI, I actually have approved of this trade since day one and look forward to Bogut's impact on the court.

Clippersfan86
03-20-2012, 05:01 AM
While Bogut may be able to hit "shots from midrange," his midrange is still suspect as is his free throws %. You say he has no weaknesses but those are weaknesses right there.

And Lee does more than just score. All those things you said about Bogut's offensive game, Lee can do just as well if not better. Lee is probably just as strong on the boards as well.

But defensively, yes Bogut brings a quality that I definitely welcome.

FYI, I actually have approved of this trade since day one and look forward to Bogut's impact on the court.

Fair enough. 60 percent free throw shooting career is obviously not that good even for a center but the 40 percent shooting season with NASTY arm injury shot that number down. I think Curry+Bogut is going to be an incredible duo if they can both somehow stay healthy.

The same way the Clippers hid Griffin behind DJ on D last year.. and Dallas hid Dirk behind Chandler.... Lee is going to be hidden by Bogut's dominant defense. So expect Lee to make a leap as well.

Cali Syndicate
03-20-2012, 05:11 AM
Fair enough. 60 percent free throw shooting career is obviously not that good even for a center but the 40 percent shooting season with NASTY arm injury shot that number down. I think Curry+Bogut is going to be an incredible duo if they can both somehow stay healthy.

The same way the Clippers hid Griffin behind DJ on D last year.. and Dallas hid Dirk behind Chandler.... Lee is going to be hidden by Bogut's dominant defense. So expect Lee to make a leap as well.

Doubt Lee can get any better. He's reached his potential way I see it. All he really needs to do is find that midrange he had when he was a Knick. It's been there this season a lot more than last season but still not as consistent as it was as a Knick. That stupid tooth in the elbow injury screwed him up.

I think Bogut recovers. It's Curry that's of concern.

Clippersfan86
03-20-2012, 05:16 AM
Doubt Lee can get any better. He's reached his potential way I see it. All he really needs to do is find that midrange he had when he was a Knick. It's been there this season a lot more than last season but still not as consistent as it was as a Knick. That stupid tooth in the elbow injury screwed him up.

Curry+Bogut are a very ideal duo in my opinion. Mainly because Bogut is such a willing passer for a center and Curry is such a deadly shooter.

SacJB Shady
03-20-2012, 05:22 AM

Lee can get better in other areas, He can develop a 3 point shot

SacJB Shady
03-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Curry+Bogut are a very ideal duo in my opinion. Mainly because Bogut is such a willing passer for a center and Curry is such a deadly shooter.

but curry cant play d

SacJB Shady
03-20-2012, 05:25 AM

They are happy, but the crowd was being low period. The new owners have nothing to do with cohen.

SacJB Shady
03-20-2012, 05:30 AM
I like Ellis but after this year, I realized it was just time to go. They need a center period. Sure Bogut has had some injuries, but I don't know any other option available since they weren't going to get Howard. Bynum has had injuries. Perkins has had injuries. Even Monta was out for the whole year with the moped. Basketball related or not, doesn't matter. Monta was out for almost a year and on the bench period. Michael Jordan was out his 2nd year. Blake Griffin was out his first year. They cannot win with Ellis, and Klay Thompson is a good replacement since he is bigger and can play the 3 some of the time. I don't know what the Bucks were thinking. Udoh is the only one that could be the x factor, it aint Ellis. Ellis is full of highlights, but it was time to go.

InspiredLebowski
03-20-2012, 05:35 AM
Did Ellis do massive stuff in the community I just don't know about? I get that he was a fan favorite and all, but seriously. Are all those booing fans perfectly content with missing the playoffs but having no shot to win the lotto?

You boo in the middle of one of your franchises best players ever's jersey retirement? Jesus.

RedBlackAttack
03-20-2012, 05:45 AM
Did Ellis do massive stuff in the community I just don't know about? I get that he was a fan favorite and all, but seriously. Are all those booing fans perfectly content with missing the playoffs but having no shot to win the lotto?

You boo in the middle of one of your franchises best players ever's jersey retirement? Jesus.
I am totally perplexed. Ellis is a good scorer and flashy player, but what the hell? :oldlol:

You would have thought that the Lakers traded Kobe for Kwame Brown. I'm not even sure that move would warrant this kind of aggressive backlash during what should have been a celebration of a great, classy player.

Just a completely bizarre scene. God almighty.

Phantom_Blue
03-20-2012, 06:09 AM
I am totally perplexed. Ellis is a good scorer and flashy player, but what the hell? :oldlol:

You would have thought that the Lakers traded Kobe for Kwame Brown. I'm not even sure that move would warrant this kind of aggressive backlash during what should have been a celebration of a great, classy player.

Just a completely bizarre scene. God almighty.

You can bet half of these fans jumped on the bandwagon when GS upset Dallas a couple years back. They're not mad Ellis is gone, they just don't know who the heck Andrew Bogut is, and what a center is supposed to do (Blame Nellie).

If GS traded Monta for LeBron James, no one would give a crap about Monta.

Casual fans that probably couldn't name anyone on the roster outside of Monta & Steph.

Clippersfan86
03-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Lol. It's messed up but true that recent Warriors fans probably indeed don't have a clue what a center even is. "Is that what David Lee is?".

RonArtestsBalls
03-20-2012, 06:29 AM
I just watched the footage for the first time and I have no problem with Rick Barry's comments. Spot on if anything.

Clutch
03-20-2012, 06:35 AM
They are both injury prone so it will be a miracle if we see them play 15 games together in a season :lol

heyhey
03-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Why are you pissed, out of curiosity? Because the team traded Ellis? Really?

Is that what this ridiculous scene was about? What an embarrassment.
:biggums:

He's the most consistent and exciting player on the team for almost a decade. He's the face of the franchise and seeing him get traded for injury prone big Would make me upset too.

Lol at the owner tryin to go Vince McMahon up in there

DJ Leon Smith
03-20-2012, 08:17 AM

He's the most consistent and exciting player on the team for almost a decade. He's the face of the franchise and seeing him get traded for injury prone big Would make me upset too.

Face of a franchise going where though? The trade allows the Warriors to tank and possibly keep their lottery pick this season and be much stronger next season.

Best case scenario, Bogut and Curry stay healthy and the team is great. Worst case they don't and they're back in the lottery which is where they would have been with Monta anyway.

Even if they traded Monta for Metta World Peace and Luke Walton you don't boo Mullin's ceremony anyway.

swi7ch
03-20-2012, 08:28 AM
I'd boo my stupid owner too if our star player got traded for a role player.

CardiacKemba
03-20-2012, 08:43 AM
I'd boo my stupid owner too if our star player got traded for a role player.

How were the Warriors going with Ellis running the show? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Ellis and Curry don't work in the back court.

The_Yearning
03-20-2012, 09:25 AM
The next T-Mac and Yao.

sbw19
03-20-2012, 09:34 AM
How were the Warriors going with Ellis running the show? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Ellis and Curry don't work in the back court.

Fans do what fans do. Bogut doesn't deserve the implicit GTFO, Mullin doesn't deserve none of that disrespect on a night dedicated to honoring his services as a Warriors' legend. I understand venting your frustration and all that, just pick the right time and if you don't, have enough respect for a team's legend not to make the booing long enough to take away from his night.

Ol Dirty Bastard
03-20-2012, 10:17 AM
embarrassing for golden state.

worst thing I've noticed whenever a warriors game is on is hearing Mistah Fab yelling at the players.

Season opener versus Clippers I heard him yell at DeAndre Jordan "nukkah we aint scared of you!":roll:

dbugz
03-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Are GS fans expecting that Monta & Ellis combo will fckn give them a championship? :oldlol:

CLTHornets4eva
03-20-2012, 10:24 AM

:lol Amazing reference.

Lacob turned #heel for sure.

Rake2204
03-20-2012, 11:05 AM
I just watched the footage for the first time and I have no problem with Rick Barry's comments. Spot on if anything.
Yeah, Barry wasn't as awkward as I thought he was going to be (based on what I'd heard).

Regardless, the fans showed great versatility with their boos. You know how many fanbases may have just booed the entire duration of the owner's appearance, regardless of who stepped up? Instead, they were able to quell their boos and turn them to uproarious cheers when Chris Mullin stepped up to the plate, only to seamlessly re-engage the boos when Lacob returned to the mic. Impressive.

JellyBean
03-20-2012, 11:08 AM
I am watching it now on NBA TV. Gotta give props to Barry and Chris Mullins for jumping up there to assist the GS owner. I can understand the fans being upset. But they have think about what the owner is trying to do, win and hopefully bring a title to the bay area.

The Ownage
03-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Wow that was some WWE shit :oldlol:

97 bulls
03-20-2012, 11:42 AM
I don't see a problem. The fans weren't booing Mullin. They didn't like the trade. Boget hasn't played a full season in 5 years. And based on similar past situations like Ming, Walton, Bowie. This trade may backfire

97 bulls
03-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Are GS fans expecting that Monta & Ellis combo will fckn give them a championship? :oldlol:
The pistons won 2 championships with 6'1 Thomas and 6'3 Dumars.

SpecialQue
03-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Watched the video.

The fans were being douches.

Barry, even though he's a prick, was being reasonable in trying to shut them up. Don't get how he went "HAM".

In conclusion, I haven't seen an overreaction like this since that old lady's Olive Garden review.

Figlo
03-20-2012, 12:08 PM

Did you just compare Curry & Ellis to Thomas & Dumars???

:facepalm

97 bulls
03-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Did you just compare Curry & Ellis to Thomas & Dumars???

Curry and Ellis are young who knows what they could've accomplished together.

Figlo
03-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Curry and Ellis are young who knows what they could've accomplished together.

please stop

DJ Leon Smith
03-20-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't see a problem. The fans weren't booing Mullin. They didn't like the trade. Boget hasn't played a full season in 5 years. And based on similar past situations like Ming, Walton, Bowie. This trade may backfire

Boget.

Boget.

Boget.

Boget.

BTW, Bogut's injuries have nothing to do with Yao's, Walton's or Bowie's. They had degenerative issues. Bogut's injuries have mainly been freak accidents.

And how can the trade backfire? They won't reach the heights of success that Monta took them to?

P.S. Boget.

bsyde82
03-20-2012, 12:36 PM
First off, to call GSW fans ignorant for booing, or to say they know nothing about basketball is asinine. I'm sure for many, the booing was mostly an emotional reaction, but I'm also know many knowledgeable fans disliked the trade for basketball reasons as well. We've all seen how fragile Curry can be, so forgive some of us for being a bit cautious and even cynical about the prospect of an injury-plagued player like Bogut coming in and somehow ridding himself of the injury bug and blossoming into the the player everyone thinks he can be, or regaining his 3rd team all-nba status of what, several years ago?

I know I'm in the ultra minority here, but I was always for Monta over Curry. Curry's talent can be tantalizing to watch, but as aforementioned, his durability is never going to be there IMO. With Bogut, at least you can say his injuries were kind of freak injuries (although there are athletes who always seem to suffer "freak" accidents). Curry on the other hand appears to be the guard version of Bynum, perhaps worse. I've also never liked Curry's demeanor on the court - he hangs his head a lot when things aren't going well and doesn't display the heart that Monta showed night in night out. Monta is accused of being a "chucker" on ISH, and yes, he is a volume scorer, but Grantland had an excellent piece on him explaining why Monta could regain his old form when he was one of the most efficient shooting guards in the league - when he wasn't forced to play massive minutes every single night and basically carry the offensive load.

But back to the booing. Um, cry me a river? Seriously, the booing consisted of what, 3 minutes? With like 45 minutes devoted to effusive praise and cheering for Mullin. I'm sure his night wasn't ruined in the least. His jersey still went up in the rafters, cheers were everywhere, and the night ended on a good note. And Rick Barry is such a f'n douchebag. Heard him on 95.7 this morning, and he said he could "care less" what Warrior fans think, that they needed to be admonished. He's a known prick, and he should find it sad that despite being the greatest Warrior, no one really likes him.

MMM
03-20-2012, 12:39 PM

those piston teams also had Rodman, Mahorn, Laimbeer, and Vinnie Johnson.

Whoah10115
03-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Just because Lee will score more doesn't mean he's better offensively. Bogut is better offensively.

Again, I would have either traded Curry (and Milwaukee would have preferred that) or I would have asked for Jennings back. Take on another contract and bring in Jennings. Milwaukee may or may not have done it. But it made more sense. And keep the team running with Thompson at the 3...then again maybe not Thompson at the 3. I don't know.

Curry as a PG really needs a playmaker another playmaker on the court. Or he needs the team to go thru low post. He's clearly a SG with good handles and a feel for the game.

97 bulls
03-20-2012, 01:02 PM
those piston teams also had Rodman, Mahorn, Laimbeer, and Vinnie Johnson.
True. I don't see the point

kentatm
03-20-2012, 01:08 PM

they were retiring one of their all time greats numbers.

this was NOT the time for booing.

its called having class.

something you apparently don't understand.

97 bulls
03-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Boget.

Boget.

Boget.

Boget.

BTW, Bogut's injuries have nothing to do with Yao's, Walton's or Bowie's. They had degenerative issues. Bogut's injuries have mainly been freak accidents.

And how can the trade backfire? They won't reach the heights of success that Monta took them to?

P.S. Boget.
It remains to be seen. But the fact is Boget (thanx) has had an injury plagued career. And the warriors know it

SwooshReturns
03-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Those were two REALLY quick, and really great guards. Maybe the best back court ever. Thomas was a quicker Chris Paul, and Dumars could do everything. Quick off the dribble, could stroke the jumper ... and was one of the best on ball defenders of all-time. He was SO FAST laterally moving his feet.

97 bulls
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM

they were retiring one of their all time greats numbers.

this was NOT the time for booing.

its called having class.

something you apparently don't understand.
When is it a good time?

Jotaro Durant
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM
how did he go HAM:oldlol:
is that what u said in high school when your principal did this same thing to the students:lol

LT Ice Cream
03-20-2012, 01:18 PM
LET ME SET THIS STRAIGHT.

While it was unclassy, the fans had reason to boo. I was one of them.

Even if the Monta trade is a step in the right direction, there was no reason for management to handle it the way they did. There was no warning for anyone, and they basically just pulled the carpet out from under Monta and Udoh literally as they were suiting up for the game that night. Monta and Udoh were not even told they were traded, they saw the headlines when they were watching TV in the locker room. That's just disrespectful to a player who played hard every night and tried his best to carry a team that had no talent or stability. If you're gonna trade your star player, at least let him know personally.

ANOTHER THING. Even if they didnt trade Monta, Warriors management deserves all the boos in the world for not using their amnesty on Biedrins.
Case closed.

DJ Leon Smith
03-20-2012, 01:26 PM

Even if the Monta trade is a step in the right direction, there was no reason for management to handle it the way they did. There was no warning for anyone, and they basically just pulled the carpet out from under Monta and Udoh literally as they were suiting up for the game that night. Monta and Udoh were not even told they were traded, they saw the headlines when they were watching TV in the locker room. That's just disrespectful to a player who played hard every night and tried his best to carry a team that had no talent or stability. If you're gonna trade your star player, at least let him know personally.

ANOTHER THING. Even if they didnt trade Monta, Warriors management deserves all the boos in the world for not using their amnesty on Biedrins.
Case closed.

So because they were disrespectful to Monta, you were disrespectful to Chris Mullin. Makes perfect sense.

97 bulls
03-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Those were two REALLY quick, and really great guards. Maybe the best back court ever. Thomas was a quicker Chris Paul, and Dumars could do everything. Quick off the dribble, could stroke the jumper ... and was one of the best on ball defenders of all-time. He was SO FAST laterally moving his feet.
The parallel is drawn due to them being a short backcourt. Im not saying that they're better than that pistons duo. But there was a template for how the warriors could've built a contender

DJ Leon Smith
03-20-2012, 01:34 PM
The parallel is drawn due to them being a short backcourt. Im not saying that they're better than that pistons duo. But there was a template for how the warriors could've built a contender

So why aren't the Kings as good as the Bulls of the 90s then. I mean, Tyreke Evans is a similar build to Jordan, the template is there for how they could've built a contender.

If Isiah was playing in the league today the Warriors might be able to trade both Curry and Monta for him. Emphasis on MIGHT. You may as well compare David Lee to Larry Bird.

LT Ice Cream
03-20-2012, 01:39 PM
So because they were disrespectful to Monta, you were disrespectful to Chris Mullin. Makes perfect sense.

DID I NOT SAY IN MY POST, "IT WAS UNCLASSY".
But when else are the fans going to get a chance to collectively voice their displeasure with the franchise?
We have packed that stadium year after year and paid millions on millions of dollars to back our team that has gone nowhere for 20 years. Even if the blame doesn't fall entirely on the organization, you can only expect the fans to be patient for so long.
We deserve better. We are not some fair-weathered fans like the goddam Clippers or something.

Cali Syndicate
03-20-2012, 01:40 PM

Curry and Ellis were one of the most productive back courts in the league last season....all across the board. I'm not even kidding. They play very well together.

Warriors problems stem their ineffective interior defense and undersized 4's. LOL at Lee playing center like he has been doing. Why do you think they were trying to sign Chandler, then Deandre, and ended up signing Kwame Brown of all people.

But obviously they can't just magically have the best of both worlds so they chose to go with the defensive big man instead of the undersized 2 guard who really can't play point. And between Monta and Curry, seemed like Curry may have the better upside for the franchise at this point. Has the ankle issue but hopefully they figure that out.

SacJB Shady
03-20-2012, 01:40 PM
What they should be disappointed in is releasing Lin. No seriously. For Monta, they got Andrew Bogut. Booing at that is pathetic.

DJ Leon Smith
03-20-2012, 01:49 PM
DID I NOT SAY IN MY POST, "IT WAS UNCLASSY".
But when else are the fans going to get a chance to collectively voice their displeasure with the franchise?

At every game for the rest of the season when they're not retiring the number of a Warrior legend.

We deserve better.

Chris Mullin deserved better.

97 bulls
03-20-2012, 01:52 PM
So why aren't the Kings as good as the Bulls of the 90s then. I mean, Tyreke Evans is a similar build to Jordan, the template is there for how they could've built a contender.

If Isiah was playing in the league today the Warriors might be able to trade both Curry and Monta for him. Emphasis on MIGHT. You may as well compare David Lee to Larry Bird.
The-Kings-DJ? How-are-the-Kings-comparable-to-the-90s-Bulls? Isnt-Evans-like-6'3? Who-is-comparable-to-pippen?

DJ Leon Smith
03-20-2012, 01:58 PM
The-Kings-DJ? How-are-the-Kings-comparable-to-the-90s-Bulls? Isnt-Evans-like-6'3? Who-is-comparable-to-pippen?

Who is comparable to the rest of the Pistons roster on the Warriors, since you're the one who brought up Monta + Ellis = Isiah + Dumars? Especially since the point you're too dumb to see is that Monta and Ellis aren't comparable to Isiah and Dumars any more than Landry Fields is comparable to Scottie Pippen.

Cali Syndicate
03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Just because Lee will score more doesn't mean he's better offensively. Bogut is better offensively.

Again, I would have either traded Curry (and Milwaukee would have preferred that) or I would have asked for Jennings back. Take on another contract and bring in Jennings. Milwaukee may or may not have done it. But it made more sense. And keep the team running with Thompson at the 3...then again maybe not Thompson at the 3. I don't know.

Nothing here makes sense.

97 bulls
03-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Who is comparable to the rest of the Pistons roster on the Warriors, since you're the one who brought up Monta + Ellis = Isiah + Dumars? Especially since the point you're too dumb to see is that Monta and Ellis aren't comparable to Isiah and Dumars any more than Landry Fields is comparable to Scottie Pippen.
Thats-why-stated-the-Warriors-had-a-template-t-follow. Your-kings-comparso You n-is-terrible.

Now-the-heat-could-use-the-90s-bulls-as-a-template

kentatm
03-20-2012, 02:22 PM
When is it a good time?

it doesn't matter when a good time would be.

that has NOTHING to do with this event.

all you need to know is that THIS was NOT the right time.

it was incredibly disrespectful to Mullin.

on top of that, the guy gets up and asks people to not boo and as soon as he sits back down those clowns started right back up which was basically a big F-CK YOU to Mullin.

the fact that you dont seem to understand how low class and pathetic this was is sad.

bsyde82
03-20-2012, 02:36 PM
it doesn't matter when a good time would be.

that has NOTHING to do with this event.

all you need to know is that THIS was NOT the right time.

it was incredibly disrespectful to Mullin.

on top of that, the guy gets up and asks people to not boo and as soon as he sits back down those clowns started right back up which was basically a big F-CK YOU to Mullin.

the fact that you dont seem to understand how low class and pathetic this was is sad.

It's easy for an outsider to judge. I'm not 100% endorsing the fan behavior one way or another, but please stop acting like you're related to Mullin and felt hurt by the "disrespect" shown. Mullin was showered with effusive cheering for 99% of that time.

kentatm
03-20-2012, 07:37 PM
It's easy for an outsider to judge. I'm not 100% endorsing the fan behavior one way or another, but please stop acting like you're related to Mullin and felt hurt by the "disrespect" shown. Mullin was showered with effusive cheering for 99% of that time.

:roll:

I'm not doing that at all.

stop being a baby just b/c Golden State fans are getting called out on their trashy behavior.

GOBB
03-20-2012, 07:41 PM
:roll: GSW fans trying to justify the BOOO. Here is some advice, from a Philly fan no less. Just be real and say yes it wasnt classy, but I dont care. Period.

97 bulls
03-20-2012, 07:41 PM
:roll:

I'm not doing that at all.

stopping being a baby just b/c Golden State fans are getting called out on their trashy behavior.
What's so trashy about their behavior? They weren't booing Mullin

GOBB
03-20-2012, 07:43 PM

He tends to exagerrate things.

kentatm
03-20-2012, 07:51 PM

is it really that hard for you to understand why their behavior was disrespectful? really?

the guy whose night it was supposed to be about even got up and asked them to stop and they immediately started it back up which is a big fat middle finger to him.

sorry but they made fools of themselves and came off like losers.

He tends to exagerrate things.

:oldlol:

from the king of exaggeration!

go back to staking PrimeTime

eliteballer
03-20-2012, 07:53 PM

Its supposed to be a classy retirement ceremony and their raining boos down on one of the participants...ISHiot:rolleyes:

Myth
03-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Wow, way to ruin Mullin's retirement ceremony by making it about the owner. Never boo the guy that has the power to move your team. As a Blazer fan, I am sometimes frustrated by Paul Allen's decisions, but I would never want to have him grow disdain for Portland by booing him.

alwaysunny
03-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Wow just saw the footage on msg..yall should be ashamed of yourselves

G-train
03-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Seems GSW fans are stupid in the arena and the interweb.

G-train
03-20-2012, 09:19 PM

Case closed.

Dude, you and your mates are stupid. GSW legend Mullin is having one of the biggest moments of his life, and u MORONS tarnish it with booing of an owner, then not even respecting the wishes of 2 all time greats asking you to stop booing, cos u kept it up.
PATHETIC, MORONIC, CLASSLESS, CHILDISH, WITHOUT HONOUR, STUPID behaviour. GTFO out with your excuses, you deserve mediocrity.
CASE CLOSED. :pimp:

GOBB
03-20-2012, 09:55 PM
from the king of exaggeration!

Well being the KING I would know exagerration when I saw it no?

go back to staking PrimeTime

See, nice exagerration there. :rolleyes:

Scholar
03-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Damn, that was painful to watch.

Brujesino
03-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Kinda funny cuz we also boo'd the previous owner when oakland hosted the All Star game:oldlol:

But ya he's gotten alot of support via e-mail from alot of fans.He was up all night responding to fans e-mails.

Norcaliblunt
03-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Phuck y'all! That's how we get down in the Yay. Ownership, I don't care if it's past, present, or future, until they put together a decent ball club and collect some wins, they're lucky they don't get tomatoes thrown at them at everything public appearance.

Phuck Chris Mullen and Barry for even sticking up for these clowns.

Somebody needs to just do the bad things to the past priest when he told the toad to be a pot flower champion with grace and she liked the way the field was felt on that shallow day in November when the doves flew south and the sea was cold and dark and horses were light with gleams of hope for obamas soul and bush's legacy on the main purpose of the prisoner war ship with the real meaning of life.

Gotterdammerung
03-20-2012, 11:51 PM
this is why charles barkley shouldnt be doing that NCAA thing, need him in moments like this lol

WTF is Barkley doing at the NCAA tournament anyway? :facepalm

CavaliersFTW
03-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Holy shit... GSW fans

WORST IN THE NBA

/thread

kraze94
03-21-2012, 03:22 AM
Although it was overall a regrettable act, I must say, there is some positive from this.

It shows the fans care. It shows the fans follow the team closely. It shows the fans expect wins. It shows the fans have a valid basketball opinion.

Most of all, it shows the fans were PRESENT this entire time. Lets be honest, GSW has been horrible the last few decades, and Lacob is lucky as hell that his team still has a good following. Based on results, they should be getting the same attendance as the Bobcats or Hornets.

ThatsGame
03-21-2012, 03:48 AM
The fvck...those aren't the best fans in the NBA at all. That was just pathetic..I can't believe there was such a large group of assholes in that building at once.

SevereUpInHere
03-21-2012, 04:05 AM
That was bad, like going to your friends wedding and boo-ing all through the best man's speech cos you don't like him.

:coleman:

Whoah10115
03-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Nothing here makes sense.

So scoring more points makes you a better offensive player? Passing, creating, facilitating, doesn't have anything to do with it?

And the other part was a suggestion. And it stems from me thinking Curry is not a PG. But oh well, it made no sense I guess :(

Flagrant 2
03-22-2012, 02:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e2r8o2z51Y&feature=player_embedded#!

CavaliersFTW
03-22-2012, 02:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e2r8o2z51Y&feature=player_embedded#!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LT Ice Cream
03-22-2012, 03:31 PM
To all of you talking shit about Warriors fans booing, read this first.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7714701/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps

bsyde82
03-22-2012, 03:39 PM
To all of you talking shit about Warriors fans booing, read this first.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7714701/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps

word.

Easy for outsiders to judge.

jongib369
01-26-2019, 11:45 AM
:lol

Funny as hell how things have played out in hindsight