PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Thunder sign Derek Fisher

OKCThunderUP
03-20-2012, 04:20 PM
RT @sam_amick On Derek Fisher front, sources close to him expect him to sign w/ OKC if he clears waivers, but we shall see.

BOOM!
I actually like this. Good, veteran championship leader and he can probably teach Westbrook, Reggie, and Maynor a lot about running the point despite their very different play styles.

LABean
03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
:coleman:

MichaelCheazley
03-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Perfect ending to this story would be la and okc meeting in the playoffs and fish hits the dagger to send la fishing.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-20-2012, 04:22 PM
excellent choice for Fish.
They need someone like Fish.

Mr. I'm So Rad
03-20-2012, 04:23 PM
:oldlol: Fisher hoping to meet the Lakers in the playoffs so he can hit a dagger in their eyes

A good pickup for them considering Maynor's injury. But I don't know how much he can teach Westbrook about being a "true PG" considering he himself was never really a traditional PG, playing in the triangle almost his entire career.

O_City_Thunder
03-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Wait........what?

Clippersfan86
03-20-2012, 04:28 PM
OKC making moves this season :oldlol: . All hail Sam Presti! :bowdown:

chazzy
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FgpshdZIdPQ/TzfQUsWtM6I/AAAAAAAAAuU/rhNfLt9mQ88/s1600/jack-nicholson-nodding.gif
Laker moles going to the other West contenders.. make them SLOWER Fish... yes...

Clippersfan86
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FgpshdZIdPQ/TzfQUsWtM6I/AAAAAAAAAuU/rhNfLt9mQ88/s1600/jack-nicholson-nodding.gif
Laker moles going to the other West contenders.. make them SLOWER Fish... yes...

:roll:

Reverend Hoops
03-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Lakers PG (Sessions) owns OKC PG (Fisher) in the playoffs.

Talk about irony.

sbw19
03-20-2012, 04:34 PM
They could use him when they need a big shot. Not a bad signing at all.

pmj
03-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Another PG that likes to take shots in the clutch instead of Durant :lol

dunksby
03-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Fish can help us off the bench in the playoffs, he is one clutch Mfer!

Phong
03-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Laker moles going to the other West contenders.. make them SLOWER Fish... yes...:oldlol:

Undisputed
03-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Win.

pegasus
03-20-2012, 04:38 PM

Luke Walton needs to be waived, so he can sign with the Clipp-- NVM, they are not contenders.

lilgodfather1
03-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Fisher should have went to Miami. He would have gotten more minutes, and possibly another championship. OKC doesn't have a chance at a chip.

SwooshReturns
:roll: :roll: :roll:

alenleomessi
Good guy to bring on from the bench for techs and dirty playoff fouls

lilgodfather1
03-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Luke Walton needs to be waived, so he can sign with the Clipp-- NVM, they are not contenders.
and the LOL are?

CelticBaller
03-20-2012, 04:40 PM
:oldlol:

blablabla
03-20-2012, 04:41 PM
you bring players on the court to get called for techs:biggums:

Phong
03-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Good guy to bring on from the bench for techs and dirty playoff foulsFish? Dirty foul? :confusedshrug:

The only thing he did that was remotely dirty was the message he sent Scola for playing dirty. :no:

ralph_i_el
03-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Fisher should have went to Miami. He would have gotten more minutes, and possibly another championship. OKC doesn't have a chance at a chip.
:facepalm

bagelred
03-20-2012, 04:43 PM
What is this sense of entitlement that this very average player feels he has to go to a championship contender? He couldn't play for Houston, who's actually a pretty good team and use his services?

Great leadership, Fish. Great example for the young players. :cheers:

Clippersfan86
Fish? Dirty foul? :confusedshrug:

The only thing he did that was remotely dirty was the message he sent Scola for playing dirty. :no:

Yes... not counting the million times he's thrown malicious elbows at people, especially bigmen on screens.

dunksby
The Thunder is not Barca.

OKCThunderUP
03-20-2012, 04:45 PM

Talk about irony.

Right, because if Sessions is killing Fisher there's no way Brooks has a high enough IQ to substitute Royal Ivey in to play defense on Sessions right? :facepalm

Phong
03-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Yes... not counting the million times he's thrown malicious elbows at people, especially bigmen on screens.Running into screens and flopping yeah.. but throwing malicious elbows? I want to see that. :roll:

AMISTILLILL
03-20-2012, 04:49 PM

Talk about irony.

Both of these players are backups and, even if LA puts Sessions in the starting lineup, Westbrook still scores more than the entire PG rotation of LA combined. Try again.

Fisher is being brought in for veteran swag, spelling Westbrook for 10 minutes a game and hitting big shots. This move has little, if any, impact on Oklahoma City, other than having another player who can hit big shots.

Clippersfan86
03-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Running into screens and flopping yeah.. but throwing malicious elbows? I want to see that. :roll:

Video has been removed but one instance was when Chris Kaman set a hard screen on Fisher.... and Fisher immediately retaliated with a vicious elbow at his head. Lucky he missed.... but Kaman got ejected for going after Fisher as a result and was so pissed he tried to get him at the Lakers locker room.

Fisher is known around the league for throwing elbows... so try to look at this objectively.

BlackVVaves
03-20-2012, 04:52 PM

By more minutes, you mean 2 minutes a game behind Chalmers and Cole?

No, he shouldn't sign with the team that lost their back up point for the season. He should sign with Miami.

Phong
03-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Video has been removed but one instance was when Chris Kaman set a hard screen on Fisher.... and Fisher immediately retaliated with a vicious elbow at his head. Lucky he missed.... but Kaman got ejected for going after Fisher as a result and was so pissed he tried to get him at the Lakers locker room.

Fisher is known around the league for throwing elbows... so try to look at this objectively.Since it's a "well-known fact around the league" that Fisher throws elbows right and left there should be countless video footage showing his dirty play. You should have numerous examples as well, no? :confusedshrug:

Noob Saibot
03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Fisher is the ultimate coattail rider dawg, from Kobe, Gasol to KD and Westbrook. :facepalm

Noob Saibot is not amused!

OKCThunderUP
03-20-2012, 04:56 PM
From DailyThunder:
Derek Fisher is in advanced negotiations with the Oklahoma City Thunder to sign with the Western Conference leaders after clearing waivers, according to sources close to the situation.

Fisher is scheduled to clear waivers Wednesday evening at 6 p.m. ET. One source with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com that Fisher is “very close” to committing to sign with the Thunder once he becomes a free agent.

Clippersfan86
03-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Since it's a "well-known fact around the league" that Fisher throws elbows right and left there should be countless video footage showing his dirty play. You should have numerous examples as well, no? :confusedshrug:

Why would somebody make a video of a scrub who's a dirty player? I mean Bruce Bowen was an elite defender and had more accolades than Fisher... yet only has maybe 7 of his dirty plays on Youtube when there were obviously hundreds. This proves nothing. :facepalm . Reality is Fisher is indeed known as a dirty player by non Lakers fans.

Reverend Hoops
03-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Right, because if Sessions is killing Fisher there's no way Brooks has a high enough IQ to substitute Royal Ivey in to play defense on Sessions right? :facepalm

:kobe: I just spoke on how ironic it will look if it ever happens.

:coleman:

Nanners
damnit i fvcking hate stupid derek fisher. keep that douche the hell away from the thunder imo.

Doranku
Kinda proves the whole "I'm going to LA for my daughter" was a bunch of bullshit. Don't really feel like researching it, but I can't imagine there's any advanced cancer center treatment facilities in bumf*ck Oklahoma City.

Phong
03-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Why would somebody make a video of a scrub who's a dirty player? I mean Bruce Bowen was an elite defender and had more accolades than Fisher... yet only has maybe 7 of his dirty plays on Youtube when there were obviously hundreds. This proves nothing. :facepalm . Reality is Fisher is indeed known as a dirty player by non Lakers fans.Yeah basically you have absolutely nothing to back your opinion. Fisher is known for being a flopper, sure.. and like I said previously the only dirty play he's known for is the Scola hit. In the dirty player category Blake Griffin is miles ahead of Fisher and might pass him in the flopping category as well. :rolleyes:

Phong
03-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Kinda proves the whole "I'm going to LA for my daughter" was a bunch of bullshit. Don't really feel like researching it, but I can't imagine there's any advanced cancer center treatment facilities in bumf*ck Oklahoma City.His daughter has been cured.

lilgodfather1
03-20-2012, 05:02 PM
By more minutes, you mean 2 minutes a game behind Chalmers and Cole?

No, he shouldn't sign with the team that lost their back up point for the season. He should sign with Miami.

Fisher would be the teams official clutch shot taker, we know it won't be LeBron. Fish could be the man on the Heat. Now he is just going to Westbrook's team.

Doranku
03-20-2012, 05:05 PM
His daughter has been cured.

Ah, no shit? Had no idea. That's great to hear.

StateOfMind12
03-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Good signing for OKC. He will provide intangibles, leadership, championship experience, and clutch shots for OKC. He honestly doesn't even have to play to make an impact in my opinion but he probably will be the backup PG since Reggie Jackson is an awful one.

All Net
03-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Perfect fit for both..,,

kjarnorkudori
03-20-2012, 05:24 PM
I really like this move, Jackson has been playing terribly from the bench and has not been able to get anyone involved, Fisher should be an upgrade even though his career has gone a bit south during the last few years. He's obviously not good enough to start on a good team but he can provide experience and solid 10-15 minutes a game.

bagelred
03-20-2012, 05:28 PM
I really like this move, Jackson has been playing terribly from the bench and has not been able to get anyone involved, Fisher should be an upgrade even though his career has gone a bit south during the last few years. He's obviously not good enough to start on a good team but he can provide experience and solid 10-15 minutes a game.

"Boy, I sure hope my Oklahoma City Thunder pick up Derek Fisher for the minimum. Get it done, Sam Presti!"

Eric Cartman
03-20-2012, 05:40 PM
"Boy, I sure hope my Oklahoma City Thunder pick up Derek Fisher for the minimum. Get it done, Sam Presti!"

A fan can't hope they sign a player that could very well help them go deep in the playoffs. It's part of being a fan.

R.I.P.
03-20-2012, 06:12 PM
The Lakers can

The Macho Man
03-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Expect the whole OKC team except Fish to come down with food poisoning in the WCF against LA.

Smoke117
03-20-2012, 06:21 PM
RT @sam_amick On Derek Fisher front, sources close to him expect him to sign w/ OKC if he clears waivers, but we shall see.

BOOM!
I actually like this. Good, veteran championship leader and he can probably teach Westbrook, Reggie, and Maynor a lot about running the point despite their very different play styles.

Fisher doesn't know how to run the point. :roll: Where did you get that idea? All he's ever done in his career is spot up for jumpers. He has no real PG abilities. He is just going to spot up and clank three pointers.

linZoMourning
03-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Fisher doesn't know how to run the point. :roll: Where did you get that idea? All he's ever done in his career is spot up for jumpers. He has no real PG abilities. He is just going to spot up and clank three pointers.

this

bdreason
03-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Fisher -

"hey Kobe, tell me how my ass taste"

#1SportsFan86
03-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Double agent Fisher and Odom...:coleman:

IGOTGAME
03-20-2012, 06:44 PM
this is bad for the Lakers if they play. I can see Fisher coming off the bench and hitting 3 straight 3s to seal a big game 6.

maybeshewill13
03-20-2012, 06:46 PM

Exactly this. I'm stoked, exactly what we needed for the playoffs.. some veteran leadership and a more experienced backup point guard.

Maniak
03-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Won 5 for Kobe, will win 5 for Durant.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-20-2012, 07:22 PM
His daughter has been cured.
He must have thought Fisher's daughter was an experimental pig.

KG215
03-20-2012, 07:40 PM
The trolls came out in full force for this one. I love this pickup. Almost anyone was an upgrade over rookie Reggie Jackson and the Thunder could use some veteran leadership off the bench. Harden can even play facilitator some with the second unit but Fisher will be the back-up PG and I'm fine with that.

DMV2
03-20-2012, 07:56 PM
yo dunksby, can you make a Thunder-Jazz game thread? i'm too lazy.

thanks. :cheers:

ThunderKat
03-20-2012, 08:22 PM
The trolls came out in full force for this one. I love this pickup. Almost anyone was an upgrade over rookie Reggie Jackson and the Thunder could use some veteran leadership off the bench. Harden can even play facilitator some with the second unit but Fisher will be the back-up PG and I'm fine with that.

^^ This!!

Draz
03-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Isn't Fisher done though? I seen a lot of Laker fans saying he's washed up with bad FG% this year along with Mike Bibby. I got to admit though that would be a great signing for OKC & Fish.

talkingconch
03-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Isn't Fisher done though? I seen a lot of Laker fans saying he's washed up with bad FG% this year along with Mike Bibby. I got to admit though that would be a great signing for OKC & Fish.
He'll come up in clutch once in a while. Don't expect godly PG abilities though

liquidrage
03-20-2012, 09:06 PM
The difference between the Lakers and the Thunder on this is Fisher isn't expected to play starters minutes. He's there to be a locker room guy, a mentor, a guy that can give 15 minutes a night and get others involved. The liability he was with the Lakers is obvious. They had a slow lineup. On the Thunder that's trivialized.

Dictator
03-20-2012, 09:28 PM

Cowboy Thunder
03-21-2012, 03:58 AM
What an outstanding pick up!! Puts us back in championship contention IMO

All Net
03-21-2012, 04:30 AM

He's washed up in terms of playing meaningful minutes but as a 10-15 minutes off the bench behind Westbrook he can add something.His championship and playoff experience will be a big help for a young team like OKC.

All Net
03-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Seeing as this is close...

OKCThunderUP
03-21-2012, 01:10 PM
ESPN confirmed he's in OKC right now. Will take his physical at 5PM as he's cleared off waivers and Ryan Reid is cut, then signed thereafter assuming he passes his physical.

DKLaker
03-21-2012, 01:11 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

He's so freaking useless, all he can do is mess them up :oldlol:

OKCThunderUP
03-21-2012, 01:14 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

He's so freaking useless, all he can do is mess them up :oldlol:

You clearly haven't seen Reggie Jackson play yet. lol

AlphaWolf24
03-21-2012, 01:19 PM
I can see a Robert Horry 05' type run in the playoff's:rockon:

already miss y'a D FISH L8Ker4EVA

OKCThunderUP
03-21-2012, 01:29 PM
OKC plays in LAL next week dont they? lolz

Eric Cartman
03-21-2012, 01:29 PM
It's funny to see all the OKC fans with they're panties in a bunch. They will be sick of him in a couple of weeks.

All Net
03-21-2012, 01:47 PM
OKC plays in LAL next week dont they? lolz

In L.A

IGOTGAME
03-21-2012, 01:48 PM
wish Lakers keep Fish. I feel more comfortable with him in the playoffs than Blake.

Midnight Toker
03-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Kinda proves the whole "I'm going to LA for my daughter" was a bunch of bullshit. Don't really feel like researching it, but I can't imagine there's any advanced cancer center treatment facilities in bumf*ck Oklahoma City.

Just as a little tidbit, bumf*ck Oklahoma City has one of the most renowned cancer treatment centers in the country. Tulsa does too.

O_City_Thunder
03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/3szde.gif

Derka
03-21-2012, 03:32 PM
I think I would become an OKC fan for serious if Fisher and the Thunder manage to take the Lakers out of the playoffs this year and Fish hits some of his typical clutch big shots.

LA_Showtime
03-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Wow; the Thunder got an absolute steal here. I'm not sure what Fisher will contribute basketball-wise, but his leadership and been-there-done-that attitude alone will help the Thunder.

OKCThunderUP
03-21-2012, 03:53 PM
RT @dailythunder Hearing Fisher may have had or is having his physical this afternoon, opening the slim possibility he could be in uniform tonight.

Artillery
03-21-2012, 04:44 PM
What an outstanding pick up!! Puts us back in championship contention IMO

washed-up Fisher is not going to put any team over the top.

OKCThunderUP
03-21-2012, 04:58 PM

washed-up Fisher is not going to put any team over the top.

It's possible when your backup PG is shooting 37% from 2 and 21% from 3.

flipogb
03-21-2012, 05:01 PM
It's possible when your backup PG is shooting 37% from 2 and 21% from 3.
Fisher is 38% FG and 32% from 3, lol

SpecialQue
03-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Wow; the Thunder got an absolute steal here. I'm not sure what Fisher will contribute basketball-wise, but his leadership and been-there-done-that attitude alone will help the Thunder.

As much as I was sick of him starting on the Lakers, I didn't want him traded. I wish he could have been on the bench, or at least with the team in some capacity.

It's gonna be fvcking hilarious if he winds up with that sixth ring that Kobe's been so vocal about wanting.

PickernRoller
03-21-2012, 06:15 PM
The dagger to OKC? that's some serious shit......

KDthunderup
03-21-2012, 06:18 PM
All we seriously needed was someone with some leadership at the back up pg, Jackson is not up to it and his style of play is too similar to Westsbrooks.

Good pick up, not expecting miracles, just some one with some experience and leadership.

All Net
03-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Quote:
@WojYahooNBA

Derek Fisher will make Oklahoma City Thunder debut against Clippers tonight, league sources tell Y! Sports.

KDthunderup
03-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
@WojYahooNBA

Derek Fisher will make Oklahoma City Thunder debut against Clippers tonight, league sources tell Y! Sports.
really?

StateOfMind12
03-21-2012, 06:52 PM
really?
Yes. Ryan Reid was waived as well.

Pic of Fisher addressing the media.

https://p.twimg.com/Aoi1mFcCIAEBB3o.jpg

OKCThunderUP
03-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Brooks says Fisher will be Westbrook's backup immediately and will play some minutes with Westbrook as well.

dunksby
03-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Haha can't believe I'm gonna see Fisher in OKC uniform :lol

zizozain
03-21-2012, 07:12 PM
wish him the best .. hope he gets his ring #6

50inchvertical
03-21-2012, 07:41 PM
He is going to play tonight. They showed him live in the locker room now getting shown around and buddying up with Kendrick Perkins. Great signing.

I want to grab one more of the waiver wire guys too, Hollins or Balkman.

dunksby
03-21-2012, 07:42 PM
He is going to play tonight. They showed him live in the locker room now getting shown around and buddying up with Kendrick Perkins. Great signing.

Both suck giant balls.

iDefend5
03-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Celtics should get one or both of them but Celtics usually do nothing.

KBryant24
03-21-2012, 07:58 PM
wish him the best.
hope he tries to guard sessions down the stretch of game 7 of the WCF.

Cowboy Thunder
03-22-2012, 01:21 AM
wish him the best.
Such a dumb ass statement

KDthunderup
03-22-2012, 02:37 AM
wish him the best.
lol, I hope he hits a game winning 3 right in Kobricks face.

LakersReign
03-22-2012, 03:29 AM
Still got love for D. fish, but i don't get this move. he left the Lakers cuz he didn't want to come off the bench. Now, presumably signs with OKC....to do what exactly cuz I surely don't think they'll start him over Westbrook? So, if he's going to come off the bench in OKC, then why couldn't he do it for the Lakers?! Seems like a "Shaq asking to be traded" move to me.

RazorBaLade
03-22-2012, 03:31 AM
Still got love for D. fish, but i don't get this move. he left the Lakers cuz he didn't want to come off the bench. Now, presumably signs with OKC....to do what exactly cuz I surely don't think they'll start him over Westbrook? Seems like a "Shaq asking for a trade" move to me."

brown didnt want him to play period. i dont konw why but he thinks blake is better and so fisher, benched for a scrub, with his 3 mil player option next year and the 2nd loudest voice in the locker room.. u dont want that if ur mike B.

Deuce Bigalow
03-22-2012, 03:38 AM
:roll: :roll:

ILLsmak
03-22-2012, 07:32 AM
I bet Fish plays well. I think he was just tired of the whole LA situation. Whenever an old player gets traded (edit, you know what I mean...), they get new motivation.

You already know LAL is gonna be facing OKC at some point in the playoffs and it's going to be a storyline.

-Smak

D-Wade316
03-22-2012, 07:37 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: