PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett doesn

Legends66NBA7
03-20-2012, 07:05 PM
About this play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4V_egWt8QlQ

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/03/20/kevin-garnett-doesnt-know-who-jeff-teague-is/

You see that dunk right there? That very big dunk by a pretty small guy? Do you see it? You see it. It’s right there. It’s huge. (Seriously, do you see it? I need to know because if you don’t I know a very good optometrist who can can help you out and, yeah, I do get a small referral fee for sending him patients but I’m mostly concerned about your vision.) You totally see it.

Kevin Garnett, he doesn’t see it. Has no idea what this so-called dunk is even about. Dunk? What dunk? Who dunked? Yeah, right. From the Boston Globe:

Kevin Garnett, who delivered 16 points and 8 rebounds in 37 minutes, was asked if Teague’s dunk angered the team. “I don’t even know who you are talking about. That guy’s a nobody,’’ he said.

This guy. Such a meanie. All Jeff Teague — starting point guard for a team that won more playoff games than Garnett’s Celtics last season, by the by — is trying to do is get his team fired up and Kevin Garnett has to go and act like the guy doesn’t even exist. Does Kevin Garnett have to be so Kevin Garnett all the time? Geez.

Can’t he be a little more like Ray Allen sometimes? Ray got dunked on, gave Teague some props and then used basketball to zing him right back.

“Yeah, it [ticked] me off,’’ Allen said about Teague’s taunting. “Because even if I was watching the game I would have been mad because you’re trying to show the guy [up] you dunked on. Yeah he dunked on me. I’ve been dunked on before. But it cost them a free throw [on a technical on Teague].’’ [...]

“Yeah, there was a sense of anger,’’ Allen said, “a sense of, ‘We’re going back at you guys,’ because that was uncalled for.’’

When asked if the late Teague [game-ending] airball was payback, Allen said, “Yeah, the basketball gods are out there, and they watch.’’

See? That’s how you deal with getting dunked on. You accept it then you turn things right back around by pointing out that karma got to Jeff Teague in the end. You don’t have to go and completely invalidate everything just because you’re being Professor Teammate. Ray Allen knows he got dunked on. You don’t have to act like it didn’t happen and you don’t know who did it.

Besides, that’s an old Kobe Bryant trick, denying the existence of a fellow NBA player. Totally Krossed played out. If you have to diss another player, at least come up with something new. Maybe mention how Jeff Teague has a tiny head but a giant face, or that his brother is a better player. I don’t know. There are other options out there. Think outside the box, Kevin Garnett. And maybe stop being such a Kevin Garnett all the time.

Another KG episode.

Jotaro Durant
03-20-2012, 07:08 PM
who the bloodclot is jeff teague:confusedshrug:

atljonesbro
03-20-2012, 07:13 PM
KG thinks he's a harda$$ and is a wannabe thug

O_City_Thunder
03-20-2012, 07:14 PM
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/Swagengen/72b71bd3.png

Droid101
03-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Hollinger Dogged KG for that remark:

It wasn't pretty, but Boston ground out a defensive battle with lots of woofing and trash-talking, a couple clutch Ray Allen 3s, and culminating in Kevin Garnett describing Jeff Teague as "a nobody" after the game.

With the same key four starters, KG talking smack to the other team's fourth-best player (seriously, has he ever been in an altercation with anybody who was genuinely good?), :roll: :roll: :applause: :applause:

Legends66NBA7
03-20-2012, 07:21 PM

:roll: :roll: :applause: :applause:

Wow, even Hollinger is taking shots KG ?

:oldlol:

CLE[216]
03-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Does this guy actually get paid to write dramatic stories about trash talk amongst NBA players?

atljonesbro
03-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Anyone else think it's about time Darko taught KG a Serbian lesson

Droid101
03-20-2012, 07:22 PM
I guess "nobody" is leading his team to a superior record than yours, bub.

LABean
03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
**** KG. What a ****ing *****. :facepalm

JohnnySic
03-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Every team should have at least one personality just like KG. :applause:

stallionaire
03-20-2012, 07:29 PM
I love it OMG laughing so hard. hahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAAH

HAHAHAHAHA

GOTTA LOVE KG

FUTURE HoFer

enjoy his persona while he's in the league.

alwaysunny
03-20-2012, 07:31 PM

:roll: :roll: :applause: :applause:

Yes, but he suckered him from behind the back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrfLiFibJG4

Real Men Wear Green
03-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Breaking news: NBA players talk shit. Details at 11.

GOBB
This is ridiculous. No one is agreeing or seeings KGs point? Jeff Teague dunked on Ray Allen and celebrated like he hit a game winner. He recieved a tech so the dunk worth 2pts became 1pt. And he shot an air ball that was terrible from downtown when his team needed it the most. That play/antic sparked Boston and they won the game. 40-29 since that dunk Boston outscored Atlanta. Everyone wants to bash KG because its been the norm now. KG farts, we bash. No one said a dan thing about Jeff Teague and how much of a clown he ended up looking. Why? :confusedshrug:

Maybe KG point has been made, you guys dont know who the f*ck Jeff Teague is either.

BullsDynasty
:kobe:

Droid101
03-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Not news: KG talks shit to small/nobody players and never anyone actually good or tough.

kentatm
03-20-2012, 07:35 PM
']Does this guy actually get paid to write dramatic stories about trash talk amongst NBA players?

:rolleyes:

no he gets paid to make up horseshit metrics for determining who the best teams are.

alwaysunny
03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
This is ridiculous. No one is agreeing or seeings KGs point? Jeff Teague dunked on Ray Allen and celebrated like he hit a game winner. He recieved a tech so the dunk worth 2pts became 1pt. And he shot an air ball that was terrible from downtown when his team needed it the most. That play/antic sparked Boston and they won the game. 40-29 since that dunk Boston outscored Atlanta. Everyone wants to bash KG because its been the norm now. KG farts, we bash. No one said a dan thing about Jeff Teague and how much of a clown he ended up looking. Why? :confusedshrug:

Maybe KG point has been made, you guys dont know who the f*ck Jeff Teague is either.

Hey I know him..he's Marquis Teague's brother

Real Men Wear Green
03-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Not news: KG talks shit to small/nobody players and never anyone actually good or tough.
Remember when you used to be interesting and funny? Me neither.

LoneyROY7
03-20-2012, 07:38 PM
KG acting hard...and this is news how?

Droid101
03-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Remember when you used to be relevant or interesting? Yeah, me neither here as well.

STATUTORY
03-20-2012, 07:41 PM
if this was before the malice in the palace we might see a response like this

http://gickr.com/results/anim_2a00ca20-7883-d044-2d57-5935770cd135.gif

but now KG can talk all he wants

Real Men Wear Green
03-20-2012, 07:51 PM
if this was before the malice in the palace we might see a response like this

http://gickr.com/results/anim_2a00ca20-7883-d044-2d57-5935770cd135.gif

but now KG can talk all he wants
Before or after, who cares? Well, aside from obsessed posters on a messageboard. Some Hawk would have attacked KG? Maybe in the parking lot? The team bus? His house? Get real. They're basketball players not boxers. All you kids crying because KG called Teague a nobody need a hobby.

Bernie Nips
03-20-2012, 07:51 PM
If Kobe said this it'd be gobbies all round!

hawkfan
03-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Jeff Teague - most improved player for 2012.

Lebron23
03-20-2012, 08:01 PM
If Kobe said this it'd be gobbies all round!

Kobe is afraid of smaller players. http://highbridnation.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/kobechilds.jpg

dbugz
03-20-2012, 08:01 PM

QFT

CelticBaller
03-20-2012, 08:19 PM
I guess "nobody" is leading his team to a superior record than yours, bub.
what team? :confusedshrug:

fsvr54
03-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Jeff Teague is a future top 5 point guard

SwooshReturns
03-20-2012, 08:23 PM
It's just mind games. Sticking up for his guy who got dunked on thats all, no biggie.

Real Men Wear Green
03-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Jeff Teague is a future top 5 point guard
Doubtful. He's going to have to combat Rose, Rondo, CP3, Williams, Westbrook, Rubio and Irving for at least the first half of his career and there will no doubt be major talents coming into the NBA to replace Rondo Paul and Williams as his comp when they get old. He should be a fine player but he's going to have a hard time making an All-Star team.

305Baller
03-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Garnett ftw

LABean
03-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Remember when you used to be relevant or interesting? Yeah, me neither here as well.
Remember the time Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?

RaininTwos
03-20-2012, 08:32 PM
I dont know who Jeff Teague is either KG. I usually repress memories of point guards with potential consistently making dumbass plays. Joe should have had the ball all game.

Jameerthefear
03-20-2012, 08:35 PM
This.

Real Men Wear Green
03-20-2012, 08:37 PM
I dont know who Jeff Teague is either KG. I usually repress memories of point guards with potential consistently making dumbass plays. Joe should have had the ball all game.
Have to give JJ some credit, when ATL looked dead he got insanely hot and put the outcome in doubt. Not sure he could have done that the whole night but they could have done with a lot less Joe Smith jumpers.

G-train
03-20-2012, 08:44 PM
:biggums:

OhNoTimNoSho
03-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Typical false bravado overcompensating for insecurities behavior.

BrooklynZoo
03-20-2012, 09:43 PM
who cares? i dont like KG and know hes a punk and still have no problem with what he said at all. hes defending his team and his teammate. he and allen have also accomplished 10 times as much has teague has in the league so i dont get the fuss

BlazersDozen
03-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Before or after, who cares? Well, aside from obsessed posters on a messageboard. Some Hawk would have attacked KG? Maybe in the parking lot? The team bus? His house? Get real. They're basketball players not boxers. All you kids crying because KG called Teague a nobody need a hobby.

You must not remember the Portland/GS incident years ago when there was a big altercation on the court and after the game, Warriors players players were trying to get into the Blazer locker room. That forced the Blazers to leave ASAP then some players tried to stop the bus while Chris Mills was yelling at them to get out & tried to get on?

Real Men Wear Green
03-20-2012, 11:01 PM
You must not remember the Portland/GS incident years ago when there was a big altercation on the court and after the game, Warriors players players were trying to get into the Blazer locker room. That forced the Blazers to leave ASAP then some players tried to stop the bus while Chris Mills was yelling at them to get out & tried to get on?
I actually didn't think about that, but now that you mention it? Bunch of idiots. Do you think that's how NBA players should act?

33teeth
03-20-2012, 11:23 PM

I may not know too much about Jeff Teague, but I do know that Kevin Garnett is a tattered is a tattered ol' D-bag.

:crazysam:

wang4three
03-20-2012, 11:26 PM
KG has not aged gracefully.

GOBB
03-20-2012, 11:27 PM
I may not know too much about Jeff Teague, but I do know that Kevin Garnett is a tattered is a tattered ol' D-bag.

:crazysam:

No argument there

MK2V1GP
03-20-2012, 11:54 PM
I'll never get the hate for KG. Jordan, Payton, they did this kind of stuff ALL of the time and were praised for it. Even John freakin Stockton was a big-time trash talker. But KG has a whole bunch of haters b/c of it. Lol. KG is one of the few remaining players from when the NBA was actually good.

If anyone else would've said this, everyone would be talking about how great it is. If Kobe said it, there'd be a 2,085-post long thread about how it's just another reason why he's the GOAT. Same with LeBron/Wade/Durant/etc. But b/c it's KG, he gets criticized for it.

Lol. Keep on hating one of the best ever, f u c k e r s

:banana:

BlazersDozen
03-21-2012, 12:02 AM
I actually didn't think about that, but now that you mention it? Bunch of idiots. Do you think that's how NBA players should act?

Nobody should act like that.

hawksdogsbraves
03-21-2012, 12:11 AM
I don't mind the trash talk, and I don't mind this episode, I mean come on he definitely knows who Jeff Teague is. The only problem I have with KG is that he tries to pick fights with guards all the time and backs down from people his size. Guy is kind of a ***** in that respect.

tazb
03-21-2012, 01:40 AM
But seriously who the **** is Jeff Teague? :yaohappy:

Grey Dawn
03-21-2012, 02:13 AM
KG thinks he's a harda$$ and is a wannabe thug

This. Fool

Magic bird
03-21-2012, 03:26 AM
Every team should have at least one personality just like KG. :applause:

:cheers:

Magic bird
03-21-2012, 03:27 AM
I'll never get the hate for KG. Jordan, Payton, they did this kind of stuff ALL of the time and were praised for it. Even John freakin Stockton was a big-time trash talker. But KG has a whole bunch of haters b/c of it. Lol. KG is one of the few remaining players from when the NBA was actually good.

If anyone else would've said this, everyone would be talking about how great it is. If Kobe said it, there'd be a 2,085-post long thread about how it's just another reason why he's the GOAT. Same with LeBron/Wade/Durant/etc. But b/c it's KG, he gets criticized for it.

Lol. Keep on hating one of the best ever, f u c k e r s

:banana:

WoW. I couldnt agree more:bowdown:

vinsanity2756
03-21-2012, 10:28 AM
jeff teague is the guy that airballs a wide open three pointer with a game on the line

Dengness9
03-21-2012, 12:54 PM

:lol :applause:

DuMa
03-21-2012, 01:35 PM
i love old school trash talkers like KG. and i love even more how people continue to cry about it in the media. it separates the men and the boys thats for damn sure. step up your mind games, youngins. trash talk is forever here to stay in the NBA.

clayton
03-21-2012, 01:53 PM
LMFAO. That was a taunt from Teague? :roll:

Pointguard
03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
KG comes from a time when you had to be in the league for a minute before you could start looking at people after you jammed on them. So he gives Teague the who are you treatment. One hand deserves the other. Not so much trash talking as it is a Rites of Passage. Competitive people do competitive things.

Droid101
03-21-2012, 02:06 PM
I'll never get the hate for KG. Jordan, Payton, they did this kind of stuff ALL of the time and were praised for it. Even John freakin Stockton was a big-time trash talker.
You notice what all those guys have in common? 6'6" and under. They are little guys, and they are literally trash talking EVERYONE and begging them to "come at me." Big or small.

KG tries to dog on little guys like Anthony Peeler and Jose Calderon and Ben Gordon and Jeff Teague.

http://www.jockjerseys.com/flash/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/garnett-yells-ben-gordon.jpg

He's a fake tough guy, through and through.

GOBB
03-21-2012, 02:45 PM
You notice what all those guys have in common? 6'6" and under. They are little guys, and they are literally trash talking EVERYONE and begging them to "come at me." Big or small.

KG tries to dog on little guys like Anthony Peeler and Jose Calderon and Ben Gordon and Jeff Teague.

http://www.jockjerseys.com/flash/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/garnett-yells-ben-gordon.jpg

He's a fake tough guy, through and through.

Stop, just stop. Look if you want to say he is a fake tough guy? A punk? Cool. But to say he only goes at 6'6 guys and under? False, lie. Its been proven he goes at people his size. Doesnt matter the size. Now dont read this as me saying that means he cant be a fake tough guy or punk. Just making the point that this idea he only attacks small people is wrong.

Just like he doesnt only attack white players, euros either. You didnt make that accusation but many here have. Along with the he only picks on Pgs or smaller players. He really doesnt.

GOBB
03-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Charles Oakley had a few choice words about KG on Jim Rome (couldnt find audio)...

"Garnett left Minnesota and hollered and screamed and all that but he's not a tough guy. He's one of the weakest guys to ever play the game," Oakley said. "He's a complementary player and went to Paul Pierce's team and won a championship. I wouldn't consider him a top 10 tough guy."

Harison
03-21-2012, 04:02 PM

Let me correct few things here:

1. ALL biggest trash-talkers in history talked against anyone they could affect, size has NOTHING to do with it. Neither theirs (Russell invented trashtalk, and he was a center), nor the "victim's" size - the goal is to throw off opponent of his game, not to beat them up.

2. Garnett talks against anyone as well, he doesnt cherry-picks white-euro PGs, like it seems some have very selective memory. KG picked on Amare many times, Alridge, Zaza, Bosh, Gasol, Bynum, Noah, Jared Jeffries, Varejao, Big Al and many many others. What they have in common? They are mentally weak (or susceptible) and trashtalk can throw them off their game, as it did happen over and over again.

Bottom line, anyone who says about trashtalk and SIZE, doesnt understand its not a street fight or a box ring, and the only thing which matters in this regard is mental toughness. Either you are weak and will be targeted by trashtalkers like Garnett, MJ, Bird, etc., or you cant be influenced and would be left alone, regardless of your size.

dbugz
03-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Let me correct few things here:

1. ALL biggest trash-talkers in history talked against anyone they could affect, size has NOTHING to do with it. Neither theirs (Russell invented trashtalk, and he was a center), nor the "victim's" size - the goal is to throw off opponent of his game, not to beat them up.

2. Garnett talks against anyone as well, he doesnt cherry-picks white-euro PGs, like it seems some have very selective memory. KG picked on Amare many times, Alridge, Zaza, Bosh, Gasol, Bynum, Noah, Jared Jeffries, Varejao, Big Al and many many others. What they have in common? They are mentally weak (or susceptible) and trashtalk can throw them off their game, as it did happen over and over again.

Bottom line, anyone who says about trashtalk and SIZE, doesnt understand its not a street fight or a box ring, and the only thing which matters in this regard is mental toughness. Either you are weak and will be targeted by trashtalkers like Garnett, MJ, Bird, etc., or you cant be influenced and would be left alone, regardless of your size.

+that thug Bill Walker :oldlol:

KG choke that scrub right in front of the Knicks bench :pimp:

CeltsGarlic
03-21-2012, 04:10 PM

:bowdown: Great post :cheers: Jeff Teague played like a filler.

Harison
03-21-2012, 04:12 PM
+that thug Bill Walker :oldlol:

KG choke that scrub right in front of the Knicks bench :pimp:

I remember :oldlol: Or how about knocking-out Zaza: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxvwtMdo_Ns

Droid101
03-21-2012, 04:26 PM
2. Garnett talks against anyone as well, he doesnt cherry-picks white-euro PGs, like it seems some have very selective memory. KG picked on Amare many times, Alridge, Zaza, Bosh, Gasol, Bynum, Noah, Jared Jeffries, Varejao, Big Al a
Lol, when Zaza stepped up to him he backed off like a *****.

When any small guys step up to him, he'll stick around (see Anthony Peeler).

Fake tough guy, through and through.

Harison
03-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Lol, when Zaza stepped up to him he backed off like a *****.

When any small guys step up to him, he'll stick around (see Anthony Peeler).

Fake tough guy, through and through.
In other words you hate KG, and prefer to imagine "KG tries to dog on little guys" despite of VAST evidence Garnett's trashtalk has nothing to do with size or color. Carry on.